Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Reviewed on 8/27/2021

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Marlena

We love Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Love it!

Pros

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

Cons

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

DesignFiles and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

We were looking for a product that was specific to our industry and this is it! It has everything you need to run an interior design business!

Response from Houzz

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Dustin
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Roofing pro

Reviewed on 11/28/2022

Pros

Houzz is easily accessible and simple to navigate.

Cons

Not the amount of roofing pro inquiries.

Brigid

Houzz Pro Helped my Design Business Grow for 8 years

Reviewed on 10/17/2022

Excellent.

Pros

The software helps me stay organized, obtain new leads, design spaces, make material selections, showcase my completed work, and obtain reviews from my clients.

Cons

I have been waiting for a few updates for a while. One of the things that I need the most is adding in knee walls. I do a lot of bathroom projects and add knee walls to many of them. I also terribly miss the Room Boards in the new software and look forward to when they return.

Response from Houzz

Brigid - so happy to hear your feedback. Knee walls are coming this month! We have many 3D updates released recently and in the works. Please do let support know when you have asks and suggestions - we track them all and work through them based on the number of customer requests.

Anne Marie

Overall happy

Reviewed on 1/13/2022

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

Pros

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

Cons

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons?

-The Houzz Pro Team

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Really good deal of the money

Reviewed on 9/20/2022

We have kept them the longest of the CRMs we've tried. They're not perfect but still better than most other fplatform.

Pros

Houzz has so many features we haven't used all of them yet.

Cons

The search function is none existent and managing messages is clunky.

Autodesk Construction Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Price and usability

AccuLynx

They are the number 1 site for home improvement
Joyotu

Great Platform to get organized

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

We started with it, but migrating the project management to another, more robust platform.
We use it only for customer database and basic follow ups on the lead generation.
It is a good platform for a starter company, with all the basic features needed for a complete workflow management.

Pros

- Lead generation & customer communications.
- Estimating, basic pricing.
- Scope change is good
- Property details, based on the address

Cons

Budgeting - its very basic. Needs to be able to separated materials & labor costs on the totals.
Integration with Quickbooks
Email marketing - all the contacts are available in the system, but needs to be exported to another platform for follow-up

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

We have the alternative product (Coconstruct). We use Houzz, mainly for the lead generation process and keeping customer database.
Monica

Important Product

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

We have considered Houzz Pro to be an important tool for communicating with our design clients.

Pros

Having a profile and using the project management tool for organizing our professional photography is easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

The room design and layout tool could be more user friendly but it still is a good solution for quick renderings.

Google Workspace and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

We added Houzz Pro to our existing product lineup.
Ricardo

Awesome software!

Amazing so far!

Pros

Using Houzz Pro has really changed how I create my estimates, how I manage my timelines with team members.

The website feature was really my game changer. Having an online presence has really increased the amount of clients that call and request an estimate on their project from me. Showcasing my client reviews really makes sure you go that extra mile for your clients.

Cons

So far so good! I needed extra tutorials but that's part of the learning curve with new software and a not so tech savvy customer.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I felt I needed a great platform to showcase my work. Houzz helps me with all my needs.
Carlos
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

new

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

Pros

I am a first time user and will determine @ a later time

Cons

To be determined as i move forward with the system

Shawn

Good and Bad

6 / 10

However with some small adjustments and clearer information this could easily be 9/10 or 10/10

Pros

- It does generate leads

- It is a good place to combine marketing and social media

- The customer service is great

Cons

- A little deceptive in terms of how many builders are advertising in the same area, and leads are shared.

- Not enough clarity on the algorithms / how advertising works

Google Ads

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I am running both simultaneously, they generate the same lead per spend roughly with google having a slight advantage. However google ads have less competition.
katherine

Houzz review

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Marketing is the main issue that Houzz is helping with, just getting my firm's name out there and optimized on search engines, etc.

Pros

I like that it links my Houzz public page to my website making changes easier. I also feel that having good customer service help has been key.

Cons

I feel Houzz is still working out how to bring clients together with pros. So far the matching of client to pro without the client specific preference hasn't gone too well. I have noticed that many times these matches are actually spam or the potential client is not very interested in proceeding.

Google Ads

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz more specific to the field of home design than the others and more and more potential clients seem to be using it.
Peter

• Customer Support Software

Great integration of portfolio, website, advertising

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

I have had a steady reliable account manager who regularly checks in with me to outline new features that were introduced, and even actually created the first version of our website which I subsequently tweaked a bit and personalized, but I was really impressed that she took the time to do this. This is definitely unique in the marketplace.

Pros

I like the integration between our Houzz profile content and creating a website from it. It allows me to keep a portfolio of our work that I can direct clients to along with the creation and management of our website which is hosted by Houzz. It provides a single portal for managing leads from people who choose us in general searches on Houzz such as what they call Houzz Project Match, to leads that come directly through our website which is hosted by Houzz. They all show up in the same place. With the addition of the website tools and a fair bit of customization of our website using them, it has really provided an easy solution for a fair bit of our marketing. I would highly recommend it, especially for a smaller company that does not already have an up to date website. Also, remarkably, since hosting our website on Houzz our organic search engine ranking is unexpectedly high after switching over a year ago.

Cons

I would love even more website creation tools but I also recognize that with more complexity, it might go beyond my capability to use these new tools.

Kevin

All-In-One Sales Tool

Reviewed on 3/31/2022

Houzz Pro is not BuilderTrend or it's competitors, it's not meant to be. What it is, is a great tool for the boutique, niche or small custom contractors who work in intimate teams and/or one-on-one with their clients to deliver value on high quality projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], NOT a project manager for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

I've used EVERY big name software you can think of and although they were very detailed and very useful for the purpose they were designed for none of them were a simple and effective all-in-one tool.

That's where Houzz Pro steps in!

The Houzz Pro package consists of: a website that's set-up for you, initially, but super easy to modify yourself or by reaching out to your dedicated support staff, a very simple CAD design tool to help bring vision to any project quickly, a mood board, a take-off tool that appears to be a light version of PlanSwift, an estimation tool and CRM. I have used ALL of these tools individually in the past, utilizing different companies for each, so to have them in one simple package is great! The strength of Houzz Pro is in it's simplicity and focus. It is not super detailed in any one of the features so it's best utilized, at this point in it's infancy, to engage clients and help the construction professional get a project's vision presented quickly. In a nutshell, it is a GREAT consultative sales tool. The CAD and mood board features also allow us to share the vision with our team of subcontractors very early on in the process. All of the Pro tools work seamlessly with the Houzz web profile and you can't beat the pricing for all of these features, especially considering that Houzz pretty much owns the higher-end client base on the web.

Cons

If you keep in context what the tool (is) and what it (isn't) then, I don't think there are any cons.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Kevin! We're glad to hear Houzz Pro has become the one-stop for all your needs!

-The Houzz Pro Team

Alisa

• Customer Support Software

Houzz Pro - Makes Running My Small Design Firm Easier!

Reviewed on 5/27/2021

I love working with my Houzz Associate! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the most helpful representative I've ever had since the early days of using Houzz. With the new changes that come through every month, he takes the time to help me take full advantage of my membership!

Pros

I love the image integration of Houzz Pro and the referral system improvements. I now have more specific client leads that are closer to who we remodel for. Houzz Ideabooks are our favorite tool, but we have also been early adopters of both Houzz and Ivy and their client proposal/invoicing program. I am looking forward to more developments of the merger of the two companies.

Cons

When Houzz makes a development change it isn't always for the good of the users. However, when I speak to my Houzz Associate directly, they will walk through my concern and take it back to tech support if something that I found critical changed and find a work around or have it come back.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for providing your feedback, Alisa. We've worked hard to make the transition from Ivy to Houzz Pro as seamless as possible, so it's certainly gratifying to hear it's gone well for you. In addition to talking with your Success Manager, should you ever have any feedback you want to share about new updates, please feel free to do so at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Christopher

• Customer Support Software

Every day it seems to get better.

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

What did we do before we had this type of technology. they only bring us the type of work that meets our profile and then give us the tracking mechanism to insure we can mange the client interaction.

Pros

The software has a fairly significant learning curve for people like myself who have run their company mostly off of a combination of spreadsheets and contact list. I am finding that the program has so much depth and the more we get into it the more we realize that we need to go all in. Houzz has been so good to us on all the other platforms that we would be foolish not to take advantage of this. If you do not have reagional placement contacts in place with them you are not spending your advertising $'s very well.

Cons

The shear size of all that you can do in the program. As the combined reviews of our company round 12 M. Double of what it was just three years ago we realize that having everything in one place is the best strategy. But getting 30+ years worth of experience into a single program seems daunting. Would be great if they had on the ground tech staff you could hire to make the transition.

Brittany

Premier customer service

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Overall, our experience improved once [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] became our client success manager and walked us through the new features. I would say only one lead has turned into a completed project so we are still evaluating if the cost is worth it; however we are committing to utilizing more of its features and improving our page to offer a fair evaluation.

Pros

First, our current Client Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is extremely helpful and has helped us to utilize more features of Houzz Pro that we weren't taking advantage of before. He answers questions quickly and has taken the time to have several meetings to improve our experience. Also, the new lead tracking feature has really improved our experience with Houzz Pro because we can now track all our Houzz leads alongside with word of mouth and leads from other sources side-by-side, making it much easier to follow-up!

Cons

It took quite a bit of set-up time and a few client success managers for us to get the full picture of the software and how it can help promote our business, but once all the initial work is set up, it is easy to use. One thing I dislike is when I am creating a gallery, I have to input same project information and tags on every single picture. It would be helpful to have an autopopulate feature so if there are, for example, multiple pictures of a kitchen, the same information about finishes can be applied to all photos.

Misty

Using Houzz for Architecture Firm

Reviewed on 7/29/2021

We like the tool. We feel it is useful to our business and exposure. We only have to get one viable lead from Houzz to make the fee worth it, so we keep it. We have gotten great jobs from the website and feel like as Architects it’s a tool we want to be featured on.

Pros

I like the ease at which leads are filtered and sent to us. I also like the ease of use on the website itself to change features, connect with potential clients and also for marketing.

Cons

The least thing I like about it is that you mostly get leads who aren’t ready and/or serious. You get a lot of “browsers” and making a connection to them mostly does not happen. For those who are serious, the connection happens, but that is likely 20% of our leads only.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Misty, thank you for leaving us a review! We take pride in connecting our incredible pros like you with clients looking for help, so your feedback means a lot. If you run into any issues down the line, you can always reach us at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Liane

Great for Lead Generation

Reviewed on 5/14/2021

We utilize Houzz Pro for their lead generation capabilities, as well as another channel and opportunity for exposure of our work. Houzz Pro has been a beneficial resource in both areas, while providing additional significance to our business through the achievement of awards and positive client reviews that are posted on our page.

Pros

Houzz Pro has proven to be an instrumental tool in both lead generation and exposure for our business. Houzz has consistently provided excellent, and timely, support that is individualized to our ever-changing needs.

Cons

Some of the leads that are generated through the site do not always fall within our parameters for target market, project scope or budget.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Liane, thank you for your review and recommendation! We're proud to have helped you connect with great new clients and to display your great work. To get the best leads from Houzz Pro, we recommend reconnecting with your dedicated client success manager to fine-tune the program for you.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Blake

Blakes Of Sydney - definitely worth the investment

Reviewed on 3/22/2021

Houzz Pro and its tools are invaluable to my growing business. From gaining new clients and managing the sales cycle while on the run, to the comprehensive backend analytics, Houzz is the complete platform that I trust. And to top it off, all the Houzz team and account executives are very friendly and there to help when the need arises. I recommend this platform to any business that is keen to grow and streamline its processes. It’s definitely worth the investment and I couldn’t be happier at Blakes Of Sydney as a Houzz Pro user

Pros

1. CRM leads management
2. Comprehensive backend analytics
3. Managing the sales cycle while on the run
4. Account executives are very friendly and there to help

Cons

Having flexibility to arrange projects in different orders. Viewing them in the vertically listing would be ideal in alphabetical order for me to find them quickly. The Houzz team is working on this for me :)

Luther

Satisfied Pro

Reviewed on 4/12/2021

I am primarily using Houzz for lead management. Though I realize they offer more in regard to office management and trade purchasing, I have not transitioned from current habits and softwares.

Pros

A popular clearing house for displaying our work, attracting and managing clients.

Cons

Being directly connected to a potential client by a computer on the phone, when they have no idea who you are or why your are calling at what is usually an inconvenient time for them.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your recommendation, Luther! We really appreciate your feedback on how we can improve the lead experience. I hope over time we can win you over to explore more parts of the software!

-The Houzz Pro Team

Robyn

Why Houzz works for me

Reviewed on 1/19/2021

I have been so impressed with all aspects of Houzz as a platform. The huge range of images for clients to view, the exceptional support from my Client Success Manger, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She has supported me through all the ups and downs and all that she has advised has come to be. I tried another software platform before Houzz and it was appalling, so to have this working for me is a huge support for managing existing and locating new clients. Any enquiries are always followed up and I am eternally thankful to have been part of Houzz for 2 yrs. I will continue for as long as my business operates.

Pros

The immediate response to new leads via phone & email for contacting new prospective clients is excellent!
I can easily access details, and direct contact for following up on all enquiries.

Cons

No negatives so far, as I can retire leads and snooze leads or opt for reminders in a few weeks or further into the year. It supports me without being too time consuming.

DONNA

My Experience using HOUZZ for my Business Exposure and Growth Goals

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

Houzz Pro has gotten better and the interface, which I have the hardest time with, is constantly evolving. This is important as we use another project management software and have been taking time to compare the two platforms strengths and weaknesses.

Pros

HOUZZ is a strong visual platform, and then from there the other tools follow. These additional tools are also very strong components of the HOUZZ platform. They help manage and eventually grow leads, which leads to business growth.

Cons

The cost is initially intimidating, but with use and commitment to utilizing the tools, it has paid off for our business.

Kathia

Great platform

Reviewed on 11/17/2021

Really nice experience

Pros

Houzz gave us the opportunity to be seen. Ivy is also a great tool for designer. Our manager was also excellent and gave us a lot of great advices

Cons

Not international and also the fact that we were not able to change by ourselfs some settings

Response from Houzz

Hi, Kathia, thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm happy to hear Houzz Pro has helped your business get more exposure and that your dedicated success manager has lived up to their title! If you'd be willing to follow up with me, I would like to know more about the setting changes you feel are a bit too restrictive.

-Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Julie Beth

• Customer Support Software

Satisfied but has room for improvements

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

Houzz Pro has been imperative for creating mood boards and sending professional customized invoices to my clients. The program has also be great for tracking each project through the phases of construction and keeping me on track with the project budget.

Pros

Tracking projects and getting approval for purchasing are both great tools that I use on a daily basis. Creating mood boards with links to the merchandise is also a great tool that I use often. It's nice that as clients approve items for purchase the budget used updates.

Cons

I wish a cut list for all approved items could be created with link and prices.
Also, the 3D drawing tool is great but I wish it were more user friendly. It would be nice to draw and input the exact dimensions instead of having to stretch walls. I'm used to AutoCAD and so the 3D drawing seems a bit clumsy in comparison.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Julie, thank you for your recommendation! We would love to hear more about your experience with other 3D tools, and how you would like to see cut lists implemented.

-The Houzz Pro Team