Houzz Pro

Write a Review!
Business management software for contractors and architects

4.1/5

Jo
Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Reviewed on 2021-08-27

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

-The Houzz Pro Team

paul

Two Foundations Construction, LLC

Reviewed on 2024-03-31

overall it is a good software and would recommend it.

overall it is a good software and would recommend it.

Pros

for thee most part that everything is packed into one software

Cons

does not have near enough option in the drawing aspects for blueprints.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Beware of predatory business practices

Reviewed on 2024-04-04

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone and would warn anyone interested in evaluating the trial to be very wary of the predatory business policies. They have no interest in providing any leniency to errors and will continue to bill you for up to 12 months after requesting a cancellation.

Pros

From a software perspective the platform seems fine. We evaluated it for use but decided not to proceed with a purchase. Unfortunately, due to an administrative oversight, we failed to cancel the free trial and have been being billed for the past 12 months for a product that we neither used, needed nor wanted. After attempting to contact the company - they refused to process any refund or cancel the subscription. So they continue to bill us. As a small business this is a non-trivial expense. Very unethical business practice.

Cons

Houzz pro has demonstrated deplorable & predatory business practices. While we respect their prerogative to adhere to every letter of their trial policy - we find their practice to be extremely unethical. After contacting them to inform them that there was an oversight in the cancellation of the subscription - they refused to stop billing us for the product, even though we never used it beyond the trial date. We are a small business and this is not a trivial expense. As a business, they certainly have the ability to practice ethically and cancel subscriptions in the cases of administrative oversight, given evidence that the product was never used beyond the trial date. Throwing their hands in the air and pointing to the policy as though they are powerless to do anything is extremely disappointing. Even if they kept the payments for the first few months of the oversight and then canceled the subscription, that would have been acceptable.

Response from Houzz

Michael - this is absolutely not the experience we want you to have - we are happy to make this right - please contact me - sending you my info - Chloe Siegmann

Gil

Houzz Pro review

Reviewed on 2024-02-28

I find it to be a fairly priced, powerful suite of tools for small companies.

I find it to be a fairly priced, powerful suite of tools for small companies.

Pros

I like that it's a suite of tools - everything in one place.

Cons

Deficiencies - at least for the project types I work on - with the editing capabilities of the estimate tool

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I had to move fast and everything from tools to customer support has enabled me to do a lot quickly. To add, Houzz Pro tech support is fantastic. I've requested features that are being reviewed by the technical team and I haven't received any follow up on those but overall an excellent suite of tools.

Response from Houzz

Thanks for the feedback Gil - would love to hear more on how we can improve the estimate editing capabilities. I'm sending you my contact information directly - Liza

Katie

Houzz Pro/Ivy

Reviewed on 2024-04-05

Right now I am waiting for a response about being billed twice. Customer service is ruining the experience for me.

Pros

I have tried many programs out there for Interior Designers and each is missing something or another. Ivy was great until it sold to Houzz. I do think Houzz has improved over the last 4 years. Houzz checks the most boxes of any of the programs I have tried. Client interface is important to me and they make it very easy for the client to approve and pay.

Cons

Customer service. Cost. All the phone calls. I don't want to use the Leads part of Houzz. Just the project management software.

Aaron

Overall a great program.

Reviewed on 2024-04-05

Pros

I love the estimate and invoicing features. I also really like the floor plan feature.

Cons

It has a very steep learning curve. I’ve used it for over six months and am still learning how to use it.

Jobber and Contractor Foreman

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Price and features. It has all the features I was looking for
Lindsey
  • Industry: Design

New to Houzz Pro but really enjoying it so far!

Reviewed on 2024-04-01

Pros

Merged 3 different softwares into one! Houzz pro is really an all in one software.

Cons

Right now I am in the learning curve of something new. I would like to be able to edit the questionnaire a bit more and have contracts that I can send to clients.

Gail

Learn to Earn More

Reviewed on 2024-03-27

Very good, tutorials are instructive and ease of use

Very good, tutorials are instructive and ease of use

Pros

Everything that was available in one place

Cons

So far I have not found any thing not to like

Matthew

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service and great product

Reviewed on 2024-04-09

Very satisfied. I’m tried several other software and you get way more bang for your buck here.

Pros

Every time I have a question customer service chat has always had an answer and has been exemplary.

Cons

I wish the estimates were a little more customizable, and you could add pages such as images to a page

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Happy to have joined Houzz pro!

Reviewed on 2024-04-16

So far so good. I have organized my business and received some great leads.

So far so good. I have organized my business and received some great leads.

Pros

The Leads are very helpful! I like the estimating features and the tracking of leads an estimate status. Invoicing is user friendly

Cons

I wish there was a labor tracking service/time clock.

David

• Customer Support Software

Houzz Pro fits the bill for this small homebuilding company

Reviewed on 2023-02-22

My overall experience with Houzz Pro is quite good. It is robust enough yet simple enough to work for this small contractor.

Pros

I like the timeline, the tasks section, the daily logs (super easy to use, including pictures - my clients are loving this). I am starting to use the budgeting and estimating side and I like it so far.

Cons

There are a few small hiccups with how information is communicated with subs and vendors, but I fully expect this to get better in the near future. Houzz is constantly adding new features. I don't like not being able to view the timelines on mobile devices. Add this functionality please!

BuildBook

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Buildertrend is a bloated product in my opinion with too many options and features and actually made my workflow more complicated, whereas Houzz Pro has simplified things for me. And also, Houzz Pro is much cheaper.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I chose Houzz Pro because I was already using their advertising and lead platform.
Justin

Houzz Pro To the Rescue

Reviewed on 2023-08-22

Site Mangement. Since hiring a project manger I can see the pictures taken on site and it provides one place for communication between subs, team members, and clients.

Pros

The product is easy to use and for clients to maneuver. I get far less pushback from sub contractors with this software than with others I've used in the past.

Cons

At first I thought there was, but after some interaction with the Houzz Pro team, we were off to the races. As we get bigger, we may need to upgrade to program better suited for larger companies

CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Everyone hated using builder trend, cumbersome.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Initially price and after a product demos, it was pretty clear that Houzz Pro was going to work best for us.

Response from Houzz

Justin - thank you for the feedback. We continue to build out new features and functionality to serve larger firms, so please reach out to me as I'd love to hear what you would need to growth with us.

Nicole

• Customer Support Software

Great for a small business.

Reviewed on 2023-12-01

Notes from "Billing and Invoice" section on previous page: (I needed to delete these comments in order to continue to this page).

I like the option to create and use templates to customize my invoices. It's nice to add a logo, but once you add it, you have to replace it with another image. I wish there was an option to set the invoice due date to always be on the 1st of each month or 4 weeks from the day of the invoice being sent. I also feel it is redundant to have two due dates listed on the invoice. Currently, I have to toggle back to edit the invoice because the date didn't update. Once an invoice is sent, it would be nice to automatically return to the all invoices page.

Pros

Fantastic new layout!! I can see improvements have been made since I started with Houzz Pro.

Cons

The time keeping and invoicing needs to improve.

Miranda

10/10 Recommend Houzz Pro for Designers

Reviewed on 2023-05-16

Houzz is a very easy platform to learn. I love being able to create proposals and present room boards to my clients all in one place. One of the best features is the chat option where a team member quickly gets back to me with any question I have, no matter how small. I have even seen Houzz make changes to its user interface based on feedback from pro accounts, making me feel heard and valued. Thanks for everything!!

Pros

My favorite features of Houzz Pro is the proposal and invoicing system. I can turn a room board into a proposal with one click and can customize any proposal to show as much or as little as I want! Once a proposal is approved, I simply turn it into an invoice with one button and send it off to collect payment. So easy breezy!I also have to mention that the chat system connects you with a real person, not a bot. This makes THE MOST difference compared to other management systems. I will never take this feature for granted.

Cons

It was a bit of a learning curve to figure out where everything was that I wanted to access. Some functions weren't as intuitive as others. Thankfully, the chat button makes this so much easier! Whenever I have felt "lost" learning this system, someone gets back to me in a few minuets with a solution or answer to my question.

Mydoma Studio

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz Pro has an ease to its functionality. It also is laid out in a way that is easy to "read" vs some of the other platforms. I really like the ease of the room board and displaying all of my selections. I can drag and drop individual selections and lay it out in a way that tells a story.
Donna

• Customer Support Software

it is my back pocket power card.

Reviewed on 2021-09-15

I am still using it for leads, tracking, portfolio display, and reviews to build new business.

Pros

The analytics are very helpful to keep track of progress and what is showing as successful.

Cons

No scheduling component for projects and all the phases of present product, price product, order product, the product arrives/delivered/inspected.
All helpful for the communication of the project and job site progress.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I am using both. I am trying to evaluate if stepping back from CoConstruct and using Houz Pro is a valid tool replacement.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Donna, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've found our analytics empowering, and your thoughts on scheduling have been shared with our product team. I hope you choose to keep your power card long-term! If you'd be willing, I would love to connect with you directly to hear more about your experience with Houzz Pro.

-Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Pamela

Using Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2023-03-14

A-. I have a user of Houzz and all his resources since I open my business 10 years ago. Overall, I'm extremely happy and I love all the growth and opportunities to tie my website in with the profile, the 3-D, rendering options, and all the bells and whistles that you provide. There are areas where it needs improvement from the user, friendly, use ability perspective… but overall it has been good. Some of the lead resource page could be a little less cumbersome… But overall again, I've been able to navigate and make it useful.

Pros

Leads, 3d rendering, communications for client with idea books

Cons

some 3 d is limited. Needs more options, need a true mood board that can be personalized with my business logo and being able to pull products that are not just Houzz into he template. Need to be more user friendly.

Marie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this.

It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better prospects and am wondering if I need to update my website, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thinks it's great. Should I not mention working within their budget? I am getting all the cheapskates it seems! i understand people are worried; so am I!!

I also just the other day, tried to make some verbal improvements but it didn't tell me I had run over the 2500 word limit until I finished it, and so it didn't save any of it. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and he told me to send what I wanted to write to him. Please look this over for me if you really want to help.I know Houzz keeps him pretty busy!

Could someone else look my website over and make some suggestions. ? I think a longer video with music would be better..the one you have put on there is too short. Please advise me on that.. But I can honestly say that I have investigated other companies and nothing compares to your Professional program!! Thanks so much for your dedication to be a truly professional place for us designers and decorators to have our websites! Marie Given

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!!

Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review.
Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Still space to improve

Reviewed on 2023-05-12

In my opinion, Houzz Pro software has been a mixed bag. While it offers valuable features for project management and the support is commendable, there are notable drawbacks. The software has encountered bugs and lacks essential design elements, causing frustration and a loss of trust. Lead generation has been subpar, with low-quality leads and unresponsiveness. The program's extensive capabilities are impressive, but the learning curve is steep. Overall, while there are positives, there is room for improvement in various areas to enhance the user experience.

Pros

Houzz Pro is an indispensable tool for our business, providing a comprehensive project-based software solution. Its wide range of features caters to our needs, including project selection, proposals, and seamless invoicing with clients. Moreover, the platform offers remarkable cost savings, as it delivers all these capabilities at a fraction of the cost, eliminating the hassle of converting funds to Canadian currency. One of the highlights is the Houzz Pro dashboard, which conveniently stores everything required for my projects, regardless of their scale. Additionally, the insightful analytics prove invaluable in tracking progress and identifying successful endeavors.

Cons

The learning curve may seem daunting, but the exceptional support provided makes it worthwhile. Don't let that discourage you from exploring the platform's immense value once everything is up and running smoothly. However, there are a few areas that could be improved. It would be beneficial to have the ability to edit or cancel items after issuing an invoice, and generating credit memos can be challenging. Additionally, it would be convenient if bank transfer payments were free of charge. The Houzz Pro software design program has some bugs and lacks key elements like stairs and fireplaces, which need fixing to regain trust. Customizing specific furniture pieces within the program would be a great addition.

Carolina

• Customer Support Software

Easy software for project management

Reviewed on 2024-03-28

In general, my experience has been good compared to other software that I have used, the price is a little high considering that they offer an app but it does not give 100% of the offers.
anyway they are always making improvements!

Pros

Definitely my favorite software tool is the ease of creating product spec sheets. I also like that the client can interact on the platform approving and disapproving products.

Cons

- The client usually doesn't have time, so the least I liked so far is that the mobile application doesn't work the same as the desktop version. Even for me when I am working outside my desktop and I need quick access it is not possible, for example you cannot access 100% of the dashboard from the app, the board products do not appear in the mobile app.
- The client does not have access to the product links unless I manually copy the link into the description.

Mydoma Studio and Gather

Gather
Annette

• Customer Support Software

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

Reviewed on 2021-05-27

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time.
2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks.
3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up?
4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Response from Houzz

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Jennifer

Project Management for Ordering Items

Reviewed on 2023-01-26

Overall it was easy to impliment and easy to use. We don't use all the functionality it has but some things don't fit exactly what we need anyways.

Pros

I like having a visual image attached to each item going onto our invoices and proposals. They are easy to create, easy to apply payments and convert proposals to invoices.

Cons

Creating room boards so they are more like visual mood boards. We use a totally different software for this feature since this one isn't as user friendly. I dislike that you can't move items around within the proposals. If you forget something and you want to group it on a room with other things, you have to delete everything til you get where you want it to go and then add it all back in again.

Response from Houzz

Hi Jennifer, thanks very much for the feedback. We've just launched our new Room Planner feature that has everything you're looking for. You can learn more about it in our help center or feel free to email me.

Nic

• Customer Support Software

A do all, umbrella for Interior Projects I couldn't be without.

Reviewed on 2024-04-12

It's really helped me with my business. I couldn't be without it.
I love how helpful the staff...

It's really helped me with my business. I couldn't be without it.
I love how helpful the staff have been with my feedback too, everytime I have suggested what they could do better they have acted straight away and in a short time frame, the feature arrives making the software better and better for Designers. I love it.

Pros

I like the functionality and the features being all in once place. I like the sync to quickbooks, the project planning tool and the proposal and selections board tool. I love that I can show Client's how we are on or over the planned budget, and they can clearly see why. We can work collaboratively more effectively. The Client Dashboard is incredibly useful too.

Cons

It can be sluggish sometimes, and sometimes freezes for a bit which is frustrating when you are trying to work quickly. I would love more integrations as I don't expect the software to be brilliant at everything. It can be difficult for Client's to access their Dashboard without regularly sending them the link.

Mary Anne

• Customer Support Software

Not the same Houzz it use to be

Reviewed on 2023-08-22

we do not have a need for all the additional services as we already have an established business with a website and email already set up, as well as an invoicing system, calendar, etc. especially since not a lot of our clients are from houzz. When this was strictly a platform to showcase your work for potential projects, we received many projects from direct messages. But since everything changed years ago, we continue to struggle to actually get any response from anyone.

Pros

This was a great place to showcase projects to gain potential clients

Cons

Ever since the first changes were made, when they started to prompt potential clients with a survey asking them about their project, we quite receiving direct messages. We stopped getting people seeking us out because they saw our profile and wanted us specifically. Instead, they are now inundated with multiple calls from all the designers who received the potential project, which I'm sure is frustrating on their part. Many times (most) when we call those potential clients, we never even get an answer. We leave a message, we follow up with an email through Houzz, and almost never hear from any of them. The ones we do actually get to speak with again, usually don't go anywhere, and those few that actually meet with us, end because they do not have a realistic budget (or not the budget they suggested they have on their survey). We use to receive multiple high end whole home projects, but recently the only projects we get are single room, or just accessories.

Nicola

• Customer Support Software

Back end user interface needs work

Reviewed on 2023-06-30

The front end of Houzz looks professional and is great visually to showcase projects. I like that paying for services in Houzz Pro now enables short project videos to be created for projects. Overall, Houzz and Houzz Pro feel totally disconnected and like two totally different tools that don't actually "speak" to one another.

Pros

The visuals on Houzz are great. We only use Houzz Pro to support or company marketing.

Cons

We only use Houzz/Houzz Pro for marketing purposes and do not use it as a CRM, project management, estimating or take off tool. I do not like that the back end interface for setting up service areas and scope has to be changed manually and individually for each subscription (rather than apply changes to all service areas). Also, new projects default to the end of the projects list. They should default to newest first as dragging from the bottom of a list of 80 pages is time consuming. There are too many sub menus within each subscription. So, for example, in the public profile set up in Houzz, our scope of services is easy to manage and regularly updated, but it is not replicated in Houzz Pro subscriptions so you have to manually go in and update each one. Overall, there are just too many places to have to update the same information and be clear about what it being pulled from where in Houzz Pro for the public profile and for pro directory. We are yet to see results of paying for Houzz Pro.

Daniel

Efficient and Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2023-02-26

Overall it is a great software. It did have a bit of a learning curve which is to be expected when learning new software; however, that learning curb did take much to get past. Plus, having Negela our rep be easily reached and her responding quickly has certainly helped with the overall experience of this software.

Pros

I enjoy using communication tools. I also like that the software allows for the storage of documents in files that my clients can always have access to even when my office is closed. Creating proposals, estimates, and invoices is very simple as well.

Cons

What I like least about the software, is the messaging tab. When typing a message under the messaging tab, the typing lags. It will lag so much that I will sometimes have to sit and wait for the typing to catch up. I have found that when I send a message through the overview tab, I do not have this issue; however, when scrolling through what I've typed in the overview tab, the scroll forces my type to go above the message tab or below - I can never get the message box to center my typing. I am forced to type a portion of the message without seeing what I typed, then when I am finished, I have to manually scroll through and correct any mistakes that I made. I find it more efficient to correct as I go; however, it is hard to do so when the message box forces the scroll to go up or down.