Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Micheal

• Customer Support Software

houzz pro maturing to another level

Reviewed on 2022-06-05

iniatialy used as a way to get homeowners leads its moving to an all professional construction software but still with limitations for Canada

Pros

Multiple functions CRM applications look and feel

Cons

For Canadians the product does not carry all the functionality and is still a little clunky

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and magicplan

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

It connnects with hoemowners at another level
Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Really good deal of the money

Reviewed on 2022-09-20

We have kept them the longest of the CRMs we've tried. They're not perfect but still better than most other fplatform.

Pros

Houzz has so many features we haven't used all of them yet.

Cons

The search function is none existent and managing messages is clunky.

Autodesk Construction Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

Price and usability

AccuLynx

They are the number 1 site for home improvement
Lauran

new user having trouble

Reviewed on 2022-08-30

Pros

The idea of having all our projects and status in one place

Cons

Would have like a one on one to get the software up and running. Currently having issues getting started which is frustrating

Response from Houzz

Hi Lauran - we absolutely want to help you 1:1. If you are logged in to Houzz Pro you'll see "Help" in the top menu - click that and you'll see an 800 number so you can call and get 1:1 help.

Renee

Loving Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

Pros

We love using Houzz pro for our business! It is so convenient to have all the information in one compact location. It has made our business flow seamlessly now that we have over 100 clients!

Cons

Would love it if the few smaller requests I put in were implemented to make my job a bit easier. I tried going through the request in multiple ways but can't seem to get someone to help?!

Ariane

Thank you Houzz!!:)

Reviewed on 2022-08-16

very efficient

Pros

Mood Board, Visibility, Website. Love the user friendly side of Houzz

Cons

the 3D creator is creating limited 3D option and I don t think I can integrate the texture I would like too

Response from Houzz

Thanks Ariane, please reach out to me I'd like to know what 3D features you are looking for as we're always adding to the tool

steve

houzz review

Reviewed on 2022-09-26

brilliant with amazing back up support

Pros

its' ability to reach potential clients.

Cons

nothing, other than i probably dont use it to its' full potential for maximum benefit

Lisa

Quality service

Reviewed on 2022-08-17

Pros

Easy to use because there is IT support people

Cons

Highly advanced so I need to use more of the programs

Matt

Houzz is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 2022-08-26

Beyond happy!! happy wife in the office means i have a happy work site and our jobs roll smoothly

Pros

We are new users, just recently bought the soft ware, i have used angi for awhile and will never go back, my wife is learning quickly, she so happy with everything!customer service in guiding her into all the aspects of how to use the software. its an amazing place wish i would of switched sooner!!

Cons

Still learning the soft ware and what you can do with the projects, estimate's,turning estimates to invoices quickly is awesome, leads, the people that go thru house are people that actually want the work done, not looky lou's wasting your time!

Dueen
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Just start using it

Reviewed on 2022-08-25

I'm trying to get more leads

Pros

well it looks easy to use, just start using it so I dont know much about it

Cons

just start using it, need to get started with it to give an opinion

Matt
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

stop wasting your time & money get this software now....

Reviewed on 2022-09-20

Pros

what dont i like about this software its everything rolled into one

Cons

nothing.... but if i find anything i dont like ill let ya'll know

Ewa

Great for Interior Designers

Reviewed on 2022-01-13

Very happy

Pros

Industry-specific features make it a great solution for interior designers. Wonderful personalized support from the Houzz Team, is always appreciated.

Cons

The virtual site-measure tool needs improvement - not sure if the technology is there yet, but as is it requires that the measure options are on the same level - easy with empty spaces, hard when there are furniture pieces in the way.
Can't wait for that tool to improve in the future!

Microsoft Project and Domo

Enjoyed Ivy, easy transition

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review, Ewa. I'm very happy to hear Houzz Pro and your dedicated success manager have been great resources to you as an interior designer. If you'd be willing to connect with me, I would like to hear more of your feedback on our floor planner to take that input back to our product team.

-Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Marie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Enjoying the Professionalism of Houze Pro!

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Right now I'm pretty exhausted after working all day on several projects, but I will do my best with this.

It seems that all the prospects I receive are wanting to do quite a bit of work, after being in their homes for all these months; but don't have the budget to do what they want, so even though I give a free consultation on the phone and answer all their questions. I really need some better prospects and am wondering if I need to update my website, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] thinks it's great. Should I not mention working within their budget? I am getting all the cheapskates it seems! i understand people are worried; so am I!!

I also just the other day, tried to make some verbal improvements but it didn't tell me I had run over the 2500 word limit until I finished it, and so it didn't save any of it. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and he told me to send what I wanted to write to him. Please look this over for me if you really want to help.I know Houzz keeps him pretty busy!

Could someone else look my website over and make some suggestions. ? I think a longer video with music would be better..the one you have put on there is too short. Please advise me on that.. But I can honestly say that I have investigated other companies and nothing compares to your Professional program!! Thanks so much for your dedication to be a truly professional place for us designers and decorators to have our websites! Marie Given

Pros

I really like almost all of the features for Houzz Pro. I also really appreciate my dedicated account manager..[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...He always tries to call back ASAP and is very upbeat and helpful!!

Please keep the prospect description short. In my opinion it should always fill just ONE sheet so it can be copied and followed up on until we get results of some kind.. and the phone number should show with it. Sometimes when I click on it, the screen changes, and I have to go find the phone number by clicking on Leads and going through putting the name in just to get the phone number. It's hard to describe, but that's it has recently started tot be a problem.. Otherwise it is very easy to work with. Please keep it informative, but short.

Cons

Yes the REVIEW section could be improved. I have had several people have trouble in trying to give me a review, even though I have sent them a request for it from my end using their email address! Please make it easier for the client to leave a review.
Second: I always send an email immediately after trying to call the lead. I NEVER have had a prospect say they received it! . there must be a fault in what Houzz puts as a Subject line, but they don't open it or receive it and reply to me. At that point, this is the ONLY way we can get in touch with some of them especially if the phone number is busy or incorrect. ! Please improve it and get it to the prospect right away. That would help a lot! What is happening here?

Peter

• Customer Support Software

Great integration of portfolio, website, advertising

Reviewed on 2021-02-02

I have had a steady reliable account manager who regularly checks in with me to outline new features that were introduced, and even actually created the first version of our website which I subsequently tweaked a bit and personalized, but I was really impressed that she took the time to do this. This is definitely unique in the marketplace.

Pros

I like the integration between our Houzz profile content and creating a website from it. It allows me to keep a portfolio of our work that I can direct clients to along with the creation and management of our website which is hosted by Houzz. It provides a single portal for managing leads from people who choose us in general searches on Houzz such as what they call Houzz Project Match, to leads that come directly through our website which is hosted by Houzz. They all show up in the same place. With the addition of the website tools and a fair bit of customization of our website using them, it has really provided an easy solution for a fair bit of our marketing. I would highly recommend it, especially for a smaller company that does not already have an up to date website. Also, remarkably, since hosting our website on Houzz our organic search engine ranking is unexpectedly high after switching over a year ago.

Cons

I would love even more website creation tools but I also recognize that with more complexity, it might go beyond my capability to use these new tools.

Kaley

Houzz Pro is a Solid Option

Reviewed on 2020-12-16

Pros

Love the ease of use - it's a very intuitive software on the whole. It has most everything we need from an proposal/invoicing/client database side. (We use it along with Basecamp, which is our project manager software). The reporting feature is nice, as well. Reasonably priced and wonderful customer support!

Cons

There are definitely some features that we feel are missing within this software. It would be nice to have a little more customization options when creating proposals/invoices with regards to adjusting line spacing, how large our company logo appears on the document, etc. You also cannot have an invoice with a negative amount (we don't have negative amounts too often, but every once in a while we need to refund a client and have a corresponding invoice that shows it). It'd also be nice to be able to make a templated proposal, so we can just use that to create a new one that already has a lot of the items in it that we use on most proposal - have to start from scratch every time creating a new invoice or proposal. We also bill in a cost + % format. It'd be nice to be able to ask for percentage amounts instead of just having dollar amount options for line items - for example, having the line item at the bottom be able to calculate a percentage of all the line items above it. But, all in all, these are smaller things and obviously not enough of a deterrent for us and we us Houzz Pro for our business and do enjoy it. Think it's a great software and is at a reasonable price.

Annette
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

Reviewed on 2021-05-27

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time.
2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks.
3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up?
4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Response from Houzz

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Jo

HOUZZ for Kitchen and Bath Professionals

Reviewed on 2021-08-27

The lead generation is appreciated but confusing. Too much calling, emailing, texting. I try to contact most leads but few return my calls or emails. Sometimes they are confused as to why I am calling. Some, I think, just tell HOUZZ something because they got too far into the query.

Pros

After almost 10 years with HOUZZ I feel the cost is worth it. We have a large metropolitan area we include in our advertising. The ability to show potential customers our projects is the number 1 reason we use it. Although many features have been added, the only other one we use is the lead generating aspect. It takes attention and time but we do get some good leads that turn into projects.

Cons

All of the added features are included in other software we already use such as DropBox , Quickbooks, and Asana. Starting over did not make sense for us. I have looked at some of the features but they appeared to take too much time to get started.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Jo, thank you for your review and for trusting Houzz for so long! We're happy to hear advertising and our leads have helped your business grow, but would love to show you how to get so much more out of some of our other features. We encourage you to connect with your client success manager so that we can show you all the capabilities available to you! Additionally, we really appreciate your feedback on how the lead system operates and we've communicated your concerns to our product team.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Kevin

All-In-One Sales Tool

Reviewed on 2022-03-31

Houzz Pro is not BuilderTrend or it's competitors, it's not meant to be. What it is, is a great tool for the boutique, niche or small custom contractors who work in intimate teams and/or one-on-one with their clients to deliver value on high quality projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], NOT a project manager for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

I've used EVERY big name software you can think of and although they were very detailed and very useful for the purpose they were designed for none of them were a simple and effective all-in-one tool.

That's where Houzz Pro steps in!

The Houzz Pro package consists of: a website that's set-up for you, initially, but super easy to modify yourself or by reaching out to your dedicated support staff, a very simple CAD design tool to help bring vision to any project quickly, a mood board, a take-off tool that appears to be a light version of PlanSwift, an estimation tool and CRM. I have used ALL of these tools individually in the past, utilizing different companies for each, so to have them in one simple package is great! The strength of Houzz Pro is in it's simplicity and focus. It is not super detailed in any one of the features so it's best utilized, at this point in it's infancy, to engage clients and help the construction professional get a project's vision presented quickly. In a nutshell, it is a GREAT consultative sales tool. The CAD and mood board features also allow us to share the vision with our team of subcontractors very early on in the process. All of the Pro tools work seamlessly with the Houzz web profile and you can't beat the pricing for all of these features, especially considering that Houzz pretty much owns the higher-end client base on the web.

Cons

If you keep in context what the tool (is) and what it (isn't) then, I don't think there are any cons.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Kevin! We're glad to hear Houzz Pro has become the one-stop for all your needs!

-The Houzz Pro Team

Gustavo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Pearl Remodeling

Reviewed on 2021-05-14

We think Houzz Pro is rapidly evolving and we believe it can beat the level of service that Yelp or other local listings have to offer.

Pros

Our company likes the analytical information, lead generation information, and the profile settings given to us. The information we receive is valuable such as addresses, phone numbers, project information, and metrics we can use to create strategies for our company.

Cons

Although we do receive valuable information, we wish it was easier to download it into a pdf or an excel document. Additionally, we wish the layout of the incoming leads was organized a different way so we can easily see information quickly or sort leads by month, project types, and etc.

We wish we could obtain emails of the leads we receive to build an email list. The ultimate dream would be for Houzz to connect to our CRM program Builder's Trend.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Gustavo, thanks for the detailed review and feedback! Houzz Pro itself has extensive CRM capabilities that meet a lot of the needs you're looking for! Your customer success manager can walk you through those capabilities, and we hope you'll agree they'll exceed your expectations.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Laurie

• Customer Support Software

A review from an avid user

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Offer 3D design now, invoice génération for purchases appear very professional, mood boards are easy to use and handy, my customer service manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Tech support has not always been great at all but it has improved

Pros

Most impactful was the design software and mood boards and 3D option to show myself and clients. It was easy to on-board Houzz pro - Ivy is useful and reliable

Cons

The Houzz pro software design program is still buggy and missing key items such as stairs and a fireplace. Bugs need to be fixed as I have lost floor plans and needed to regain trust in the program. Would be great to be able to customize specific furniture pieces into program and also, if Houzz could be more Canadian friendly, it would go a long way towards improvement. The lead generation is not great so far. Need better quality and legitimate leads to justify what I pay. Most are not interested in any design service and just playing around with the program. They do not return my call when I follow up. I almost have stopped follow up as it takes time and is. It rewarded

Alisa

• Customer Support Software

Houzz Pro - Makes Running My Small Design Firm Easier!

Reviewed on 2021-05-27

I love working with my Houzz Associate! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the most helpful representative I've ever had since the early days of using Houzz. With the new changes that come through every month, he takes the time to help me take full advantage of my membership!

Pros

I love the image integration of Houzz Pro and the referral system improvements. I now have more specific client leads that are closer to who we remodel for. Houzz Ideabooks are our favorite tool, but we have also been early adopters of both Houzz and Ivy and their client proposal/invoicing program. I am looking forward to more developments of the merger of the two companies.

Cons

When Houzz makes a development change it isn't always for the good of the users. However, when I speak to my Houzz Associate directly, they will walk through my concern and take it back to tech support if something that I found critical changed and find a work around or have it come back.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for providing your feedback, Alisa. We've worked hard to make the transition from Ivy to Houzz Pro as seamless as possible, so it's certainly gratifying to hear it's gone well for you. In addition to talking with your Success Manager, should you ever have any feedback you want to share about new updates, please feel free to do so at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Marlena

We love Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2021-10-02

Love it!

Pros

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

Cons

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

DesignFiles and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Houzz Pro

We were looking for a product that was specific to our industry and this is it! It has everything you need to run an interior design business!

Response from Houzz

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Anne Marie

Overall happy

Reviewed on 2022-01-13

Customer service is responsive - usually able to get in touch with someone in a day or so.

Pros

that its user friendly. It does have many nuances that I have had to figure out the hard way, but that is true of any program.

Cons

I have mentioned these issues else where and super hopeful they will be addresses in time.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Anne Marie! Could you give us an idea of some of the issues you'd like to see addressed that you alluded to in your cons?

-The Houzz Pro Team

Daniel

Landscape Designer & Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2021-10-03

My overall satisfaction would be a 9 out of 10 rating. As I mentioned in my previous message about the "cons," with Houzz Pro unable to provide a client app is why I am only rating this a 9 out of 10. Other than this I am extremely satisfied for now with Houzz Pro. I am really curious to find out if there is anything on the IT side in hopes of a new app development coming out any time soon.

Pros

I love that everything you need from start to finish for my projects are all stored through the Houzz Pro dashboard. It doesn't matter how large or small the scale of my projects, Houzz Pro seems to have everything I need in order to properly manage projects.

Cons

I do wish there was an app feature for my clients to use. The homeowners that trust me to take on their large projects are extremely busy people as well, as some are CEOs and CFOs to large companies. The larger projects require way more management which requires way more communication between myself and my client. These extremely busy homeowners would benefit from an app for them to log in and see their dashboard, messages, documents directly from their phone or tablet with just a hit of their finger. This is the largest request I am receiving from my clients and I agree with them, that a homeowner app for houzz pro would be crucial in leveling up my customer satisfaction which ultimately will increase my overall satisfaction with Houzz Pro.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Daniel, thank you for your review and recommendation! We actually do have a dashboard that your clients can access on mobile! As they use it, we would love to hear your and their feedback on how we can improve it.

-The Houzz Pro Team

Donna

• Customer Support Software

it is my back pocket power card.

Reviewed on 2021-09-15

I am still using it for leads, tracking, portfolio display, and reviews to build new business.

Pros

The analytics are very helpful to keep track of progress and what is showing as successful.

Cons

No scheduling component for projects and all the phases of present product, price product, order product, the product arrives/delivered/inspected.
All helpful for the communication of the project and job site progress.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Houzz Pro

I am using both. I am trying to evaluate if stepping back from CoConstruct and using Houz Pro is a valid tool replacement.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Donna, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've found our analytics empowering, and your thoughts on scheduling have been shared with our product team. I hope you choose to keep your power card long-term! If you'd be willing, I would love to connect with you directly to hear more about your experience with Houzz Pro.

-Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Rebecca

Nested. Design + Build

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

I have enjoyed the new changes and the ease of the Houzz Pro app.

Pros

I enjoy the lead generation organization software. It is easy to use and track the progression. I also, use the idea books with clients and this is helpful in the beginning design and architectural phases while trying to capture their vision.

Cons

I haven't really run into anything yet that has created frustration or difficulty. I think it took some time to determine the right selections of services to get to our right client but after a few tweekings in price range and scope of what we do honed in the leads have been more productive.

Response from Houzz

Hi, Rebecca, thanks for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed the transition from using Houzz to inspire clients to fully integrating it into your organization. Though you haven't run into any frustrations as of yet, if you do, please feel free to reach out anytime at http://help.houzz.com.

-The Houzz Pro Team