Mighty Networks

Build a different kind of community on a Mighty Network.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Dennis

Small But Mighty

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Mighty Networks is something that I look forward to watching grow and evolve. The market is wide open and they have yet to let me down.

Pros

I have built very successful groups on facebook but when doing so there is always a level of fear and trepidation when it comes to building a community on a platform you have no control of. Groups are just 1 segment of the Facebook market, and they could effectively kill groups at any time. Having a third party tool to continue growing a community is key to the ever changing landscape.

Cons

The benefit of Mighty Networks is also the detriment. Because my group is no longer on FB, daily entries in to the group are lower and the overall experience for members is lower. Now people have to go out of their way to join and participate. This means less people over all, but more dedicated people.

Cindi

Great Community Hosting Platform

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

I am using Mighty Networks to host an online software and hardware training community for my company's products. I provide both general and custom assistance with "how do I" and "what is" software questions that are not in tech support's wheelhouse and I offer tips and techniques based on user questions and needs. Answers fellow users provide to help each other are vetted for accuracy and modified if needed. We are gradually weaning people away from clogging up tech support phone lines with issues based on operator ignorance. Thus far only 2% of our users are taking advantage of this service, so there's a lot of growth to come.

Pros

1. Mobility: Mighty Networks ability to enable me to create a community website with paid options that could be easily accessed on a computer, tablet or phone, without me having to have extensive staff or knowledge to produce different versions of content.

2. Reliability: The software doesn't fail. I haven't had any worries about my users being able to access content or the community.

3. Support: Mighty Networks' staff has been very responsive and helpful. When I have a problem, if the answer isn't on their helpdesk, I get a return message/email within 24 hours and they walk me through the solution.

4. Growth: I like that they have a roadmap and that they continue to expand their capabilities and give users heads up when they're coming and what they're doing so that we know what to expect and whether it will benefit or impact the services we offer through the gateway of Mighty Networks. FYI, adding the automated tax solution for transactions was HUGE. I look forward to the "Spaces" innovation that is coming soon.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of customer/user management features. I am not notified the instant someone cancels; in fact,. it's rare that I'm notified at all. I have to run daily reports and compare them to my existing database of members, to ensure I've welcomed everyone new, see who's been retained and who chose to leave. I can't just look at a settings file online and get a customer database and status report based on the individuals.

It's a little frustrating how many outside products/apps I need to subscribe to, learn, master and keep "up" on, etc. to be able to do everything I need to do to serve my community and make it worth paying for. There's Stripe and the tax software, I can't live without Typeform to be able to steer my users to the appropriate purchase price, and I need YouTube or Vimeo to host videos, and Zoom for meetings and webinars (used to use Crowdcast Pro, have since let that go).

Donny
  • Industry: Sports

Halfway there

Reviewed on 7/24/2021

Useful but missing features

Pros

Its ideal and layout and what could be done with it, but has a lot of limits still

Cons

Customer support is no good. I dont even bother reaching out anymore. Also costs for making it your own app are horrendous

Ian
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Mighty Networks Review

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

So my comment above about using the group structure is the main business benefit. I really don't think anyone else offers it. So that has been pivotal.

Pros

The main feature for me is I have the courses and the community in one place. My classes require that I have a series of groups with say 20 students. But I have 15 of them. Each group posts to their own group and interacts with that group throughout the course. Each member can go and see what other groups are doing if they are curious. But they specifically work within a small group. I do not thing any other platform allows that. Also I deal with an older demographic and I did not want to use facebook, and I wanted the teaching platform and the groups all in one place. That has been invaluable.

Cons

So I am not very good with tech. And I found for myself that I was confused about setting it up. I also think I was sort of pushing the envelope in terms of my group structure so it was not a straight forward situation. But I got good support. And now it is all simple. Because I have a lot of retirement aged students I think they have issues with the tech too. But they have problems with zoom calls too so who knows. My needs are pretty striped down other than the groups and course platform. So there are lots of features I have never used.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for this detailed feedback Ian! We're glad you've found benefit in the ability to combine your courses with community and break out different cohort groups. We look forward to you getting more benefit from the other features as you grow with the platform!

Joan
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Engaged members = great community = better business

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

I love the folks that run Mighty Networks. They truly care about their users and are constantly listening to those of us who host networks on their platform. They believe in continuous improvement and are transparent and present for their users. I feel like I joined part of an online family rather than just signing up and using some piece of software. I'm delighted with my network!

Pros

My new online community—the Gutsy Great Novelist Writers Studio—hosted on the Mighty Networks platform is fantastically engaged in a way I never saw inside my Facebook group. The writers in this community have truly become friends. They collaborate on their writing, freely share knowledge, tips and resources, celebrate and laugh and have fun together, and mostly they're just super engaged with each other in a respectful space that's ad- and distraction-free. What I love most about MN is that as the host I can offer everything in one space: online classes, private groups, live events . . . all under one roof! Ahhhh!

Cons

There's a learning curve for users that needs to be carefully managed in an onboarding process, since the users are trying something new. So the set up time is somewhat labor-intensive, but MN offers an online class to help you design things wisely so you're set up for success in that regard. Once I got that onboarding process up and running, I was in great shape, and users that pay attention can be fully engaged within a very short time.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this feedback Joan and are happy to hear that you and your community have found a home on your Mighty Network where you can build real connections without distractions, while also helping you build your business. We will continue to look for ways to help our Hosts onboard their members so they can jump in and begin experiencing the community and results you are creating for them.

Alex
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The Future of Digital Community

Reviewed on 12/28/2019

My experience has been amazing. I am 100% satisfied with Mighty Networks as a company and a product. The future of digital community is being build on the foundation that Mighty Networks is setting.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added.

Everyone who has joined my community has said the same thing, "This is amazing!"

People love Mighty Networks because it is a true community builder!

Cons

It's difficult for me to find any cons or even constructive criticism for Mighty Networks. From my conversations with the MN team, I know we're still at the beginning. Perhaps I can mention a few enhancements that I'd like to see (I'm sure these are on the way)

1. No native video (Ideally, I'd be able to upload video directly within MN.)
2. Lack of ways to pay out ambassadors (Having simpler ways to pay members for referrals would be helpful as well.)
3. No "live" features inside of the program (I'd like to "go live" with my entire audience without having to leave MN.)

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks a ton Alex! We're glad to hear words like "beautiful simplicity" "easy" and "clean" associated with our software. Also happy to know that you're members are enjoying it!

Ross
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Combining user discussion, online courses, email list, and shareable content on one platform

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

Mighty Networks is where LinkedIn Groups could have been if they had not lost their way. LinkedIn would rarely solicit user feedback and always ignored it when they did interact with their users. MN actively solicits user feedback and builds that feedback into their development plans. LinkedIn changes were always surprises and disappointments. MN provides advance notice of what they are working on (or considering) and the enhancements are always excellent functional improvements.

Pros

We were able to move all of our discussions off LiinkedIn with the addition of splitting into multiple topics and sub-groups (not possible on LinkedIn). Further, we no longer need an email list program nor a separate course building platform with everything integrated on the MN platform. It is also hard to beat the availability of key people within MN when trying to push the platform to its limits. They are quick to respond and often add suggestions to their development plans.

Cons

Minor issue - moving discussion threads between topics is excellent, but replies can be lost when moving a discussion thread from one sub-group to another.

Ed

Forward thinking

Reviewed on 12/24/2019

It is a robust, easy to use program that makes it easy for anyone to build their own community and have their own app without complicated (or expensive) tech. Once they tie in more video options it will take everything to the next level!

Pros

The software has grown a lot since I first started using is a year ago. Right away I saw the benefits of this amazing software that would allow me to take my membership community to the next level – I'm a techie and I'm always ahead of the curve so this software was a perfect match!

Cons

When I first started with the software a year ago it was still being developed in terms of ease of use for providing different types of membership options which now is available.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks so much for this review Ed! We're glad you're taking advantage of the Payment features we offer and are excited to see where you take your Mighty Network. Plus we're glad to hear it's a good fit for you as a techie who wants to ditch complicated and expensive solutions.

Glenn

Leaves FB in the dust.

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

I finally feel comfortable creating a community where I get to set the tone and structure. I’m not limited to FB’s ever-changing “improvements” designed to open my wallet and get me to part with my money.

Pros

In looking for an alternative to FB with all its privacy leaks and financial shenanigans, I came across Mighty Networks. It has the feel of a quiet PRIVATE oasis for open communication between like-minded Souls with like-minded interests.

Cons

The downside is teaching people how to get into our community. That, and si wish there was a more flexibility in how I put up a course.

Lacking accessibilty

Reviewed on 5/19/2022

Pros

community members experience a fairly simple learning curve

Cons

Lacking in accessibility features for vision impaired people. Does not play well with popular programs for vision impaired people.

Rachel

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

It's been fantastic and I've referred several people to it already.

Pros

Ease of use. People love it. Not too expensive

Cons

It's hard to keep it private/ keep people out. I use it fir domestic violence victims where it's hard to keep people safe from abusers.

Holly
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Better Than Slack or Facebook

Reviewed on 10/15/2021

Pros

Love the network app. It's such a decent place to actually network with people and not have so much distracting noise around you like Facebook and Slack. I couldn't recommend more.

Cons

Signing in is a hassle when trying to join a network. It really sucks having to keep having to log in although you're already in the network.

Amara

Mighty Networks keeps improving

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

Using mighty networks has been a great alternative to Facebook groups.

Pros

I like the ease of use. My clients can access via the app or online and it’s super easy for me to push out content regularly. I also like that they are consistently upgrading the features. As My business has grown, they have too.

Cons

There are some limitations. I’d like to be able to “go live” and record directly to the platform.

Ron

Excellent mMembership Platform

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

Mighty Networks hands down solved my problem or needing a community based platform I could have both a membership and courses without clutter and ads. My members are active and engaged and the Mighty Team have created a fantastic, step by step set up that I was able to get up and running in no time

Pros

This was easy to set up and the support I receive is timely. It has a great community feel and the features I need to run a community centred learning experience.

Cons

I would like to see better image management and the ability embed from more sources but overall there has been nothing that we couldn't figure out an alternate method for.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks Ron! We're so glad you found the setup process easy and straightforward so that you could get up and running quickly, and create the "community-centered" learning experience you want to offer. We plan to update the image management features in the future to make this an even better experience for you and your members.

Julia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A platform of potential!

Reviewed on 7/25/2021

We love Mighty Networks! It is always evolving, adding value and we are learning all the time. Our members love having a safe place to communicate and learn. You get out what you put in with MN!

Pros

The customisation options, the courses platform, the look and feel of the platform are all fantastic. As is Might Network's commitment to continuous improvement and the Mighty Host community and learning experiences.

Cons

The membership plans can be cumbersome and confusing. Would love to be able to duplicate and amend plans instead of starting from scratch each time. Customised welcome messaging would also be great.

Scott
  • Industry: Management Consulting

User Experience

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

Side stepping FB & L-I filters (owning contacts) and having direct access to members is great! MN team support/responsiveness and Mighty-Hosts community are real game changers. As users we feel/are connected and supported.

Pros

It is mostly intuitive and easy to use, navigate, get to know. The same ease-of-use is experienced by most new community members - and this IS our member experience priority!

Cons

Limited options for 3rd party payment platforms. "STRIPE or nothing" is no choice.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the specific feedback Scott!

Joolz
  • Industry: Think Tanks

• Customer Support Software

Getting started as a community not for profit movement and business

Reviewed on 7/13/2021

Its been great for a self starter like me, who likes to create my own content, way of working , its given us a great start in creating our organisation in a way that's not the normal. We want a community that allows freedom for any member to step up, in and off any element of our work together that interests them. A self led and emergent community. The mighty network has been really great for all this to happen without any blocks at all.

Pros

It has been the right flexible tool for us to begin to build our network and work out how we can work best to create our movement

Cons

Its not really a con, but to grow we need access to data, ideally need courses to be chargeable in uk pounds rather than dollars.

Martinus

• Customer Support Software

Mighty Networks is a game changer!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2020

I've been using MN since July 2018. I am 100% satisfied with the software. Mighty Networks have been a game-changer for my business.

Pros

What I love the most about Mighty Networks is that fact that I can literally have everything in one place. MN helps keeps my community members engaged and the user interface is clean and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to find a Con for Mighty Networks. The only thing that is on my wish list from them right now is having native video and a way to do Livestreams inside of the product. I know that is something that they are currently working on.

Leah

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

Very good experience, was finally able to migrate my community off of Facebook.

Pros

I was able to launch my online classes and webinars using Mighty Neyworks.

Cons

This video upload is limited so I’m still using YouTube.

Patricia

• Customer Support Software

Bringing my vision to life!

Reviewed on 12/28/2019

I want to bring a group of people together to learn and grow and support each other as I mentor them along the way and provide access to a resource bank - Mighty Networks is just the right fit for all those things, along with one of the best customer service experiences I've had online. The team at Mighty Networks really wants you to succeed and provides all the support necessary to do that!

Pros

I love the close, sheltered experience my members get when they join me in our group - they can focus, be honest, and stay on track without distractions or worries about information getting out.

Cons

Integrating with another software in order to share video is still a work in progress but it is possible and there is promise that there is more to come!

Response from Mighty Networks

Thank you Patricia! We're so glad you've had a great customer experience--we really are behind you. Glad to hear that you're able to bring your vision to life with a Mighty Network.

Anatashia
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Mighty Networks - The Platform You Need to Grow Your Membership

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

Pros

The homepage is easy accessible and highlights the top posts that are important to our members. I like having the option to do polls and embed links. The analytics are very helpful.

Cons

I would like to have the option to delete a DM message. The polls only allow a certain amount of characters. The profile pages lack a sense of who you're accessing/you don't get a real sense of the person. Adding an option to incl. more photos and videos for profiles would be ideal. Also, seeing a person's activity w/o having to click on the option.

Jalyn

Good for active membership management

Reviewed on 8/15/2021

Pros

Being able to organize topics and subjects.

Cons

Found it difficult to get members engaged on platform. There is a learning curve for using the different features. Didn’t like inability to create polls using mobile version of app.

John

Price

Reviewed on 1/14/2020

Pros

Easy to use and a lot of features. Ready to go.

Cons

The Free version is very limited. The next step up is the Community Plan which is NOT $23 per year but $23 per month. With the Free plan, you do not get your own domain, topics (absolutely needed), or access to your members.

I think BBPress on WordPress is a better option at a less monthly cost.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the review John. Our Community Plan does actually include custom domain and Topics. Access to your members' email addresses is available on the Business Plan but there are still many ways to reach your members on the Community Plan including our Notify All feature and Message All Members.

Ashley
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for Free Trial

Mighty Networks

Reviewed on 4/24/2021

Pros

What I love about Mighty Networks is the community you can build on there and it is your own.

Cons

My only con with Mighty Networks is I have been having a hard time trying to get people to join it.

Isabel

• Customer Support Software

The platform is very flexible

Reviewed on 7/1/2022

It has been great, I truly recommend it.

Pros

What I like the most in Might Networks is the flexibility of creating anything you need. The software is very customizable and easy to use.

Cons

I had some issues with deleting information that I did not need anymore.