Bluescape

Virtual workspaces that facilitate team collaboration

4.2/5
4.0/5
3.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Best Collaborative Tool Ever

Reviewed on 2020-10-05

Most of my team was initially afraid of Bluescape but now that we've been using it for awhile we are finding more and more uses for it. What started as a presentation tool has become part of our fabric as a company.

Pros

I love that Bluescape keeps my team on track - since we use it for our ongoing meetings and training our new employees have access to several years of collective knowledge in an organized, intuitive workspace.

Cons

Having multiple users dropping in content often means documents are scaled inconcistently. Through training of our users we have gotten better about this.

Kelly S.

Bluescape Features

Reviewed on 2021-06-22

It is a unique tool that sets us apart from others in our industry.

Pros

I like how we can organize our thoughts, processes and weekly project lists. It helps us stay accountable for what we have committed to. I love how there are always some enhancements as well as new features added from time to time. I really like to be able to customize colors and fonts!

Cons

I do not like the cursor tracking feature that was added recently. It is very distracting to our team. Would like to know if it is possible to turn this off. I can see how it could be useful when trying to point something out to a remote user while on the phone.

Response from Bluescape

Kelly, thank you so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you stay organized! About shared cursors - you can absolutely turn these off. See this article: https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/shared-cursors-web

Juliane L.

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2021-06-22

It's been a great tool for our company. It's been super helpful in letting people outside of our general team get a look into what we've been working on. We started using it very casually, but now we use it to present to other teams in the office as well.

Pros

The canvas lets you create a collaboration area in whatever way works for your team and project best. There are very few limitations, and that really helps with quick updates and on the fly collaboration

Cons

The pen tool is a little tricky. I wish you could draw from canvas onto the picture, but instead you can only do one or the other.

Response from Bluescape

Juliane, thanks so much for your review. Love to hear Bluescape is helping with on the fly collaboration as well as cross-team collaboration and presentations. I understand about the pen tool - I will pass your feedback along :)

Yvette C.

Bluescape

Reviewed on 2021-06-22

Bluescape helps us present solutions and manage projects much faster.

Pros

Having a visual of all content in one place.

Cons

I am sure it can do video conferencing, but we are usually in another platform and just end up sharing our screen vs having people join through the session. Now that we have a combination of in person and virtual we need to figure out a seamless way to integrate everyone.

Response from Bluescape

Yvette, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you present solutions and manage projects faster! We do support video conferencing - you can have Zoom or Webex meetings inside Bluescape or use our built-in conferencing. Let us know if you have any questions or check out university.bluescape.com.

Colin J.

Making Collaboration Intuitive and Fluid

Reviewed on 2020-10-02

Using Bluescape has drastically improved the way we digitally collaborate with our customers. It has made the planning and design process more engaging and made the details easier to communicate to people not familiar with our industry and the interior design process.

Pros

I love that the software is so approachable. I am a "super user" within our organization and am responsible for encouraging the use of Bluescape within our development process. It is fairly simple to get customers comfortable enough to begin interacting with a Bluescape session.

Cons

I don't like the way PDF documents render when not selected or activated. They often appear blurry and aliased. It makes them difficult to reference without taking snap shots of every section you're talking about.

Guinevere F.

operations manager

Good

Pros

Being able to upload files for employees

Cons

When it won't take my uploaded files. Also not always giving notifications.

Response from Bluescape

Guinevere, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you upload and share files. Is there a certain file type you're having trouble with. Please let us know. We're happy to help!

Sydney W.

Love the Functionality

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

It works amazing. Love the new features!!

Pros

The collaboration and file sharing. Keeping everything in one spot is so helpful.

Cons

It's expensive and hard to get the proper technology that works with the touchscreens.

Kate S.

Reviewed on 2020-10-02

We use this tool daily and it's been a huge differentiator in helping us to win business.

Pros

The ability to collaborate from anywhere with anyone.

Cons

URL links can't be easily shared while collaborating virtually.

Gigi P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Real time collaboration

Reviewed on 2021-06-10

Good so far... it’s only being 2 weeks

Pros

Great in collaborating in real time and add media

Cons

Functionality is not as easy as it looks , moving things around, resizing, etc. also, not enough tools to design more complex things

Response from Bluescape

Gigi, thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy Bluescape for collaborating and adding media. Sorry to hear you've run into some snags with moving things, resizing, etc. Our team is working hard to create the best user experience possible, so I'll pass your feedback along. Also, we're happy to offer office hours where you can talk with the team and get tips on best ways to use Bluescape :) If you're interested, let me know!

Brett K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2021-06-23

Pros

The overall design of the program, how it was like a map and easy to creat and modify.

Cons

For some reason the software only allowed me to edit documents within bluescape, for example I would rather have the software redirect me to Microsoft Word when I select a document.

Response from Bluescape

Brett, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you are liking Bluescape and finding it easy to create and modify content. Thanks for your feedback about editing in Microsoft vs. Bluescape - you can absolutely do this. Simply click and open the document in a new window, and you'll be able to edit in the native platform, if you prefer.

Danica A.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Bluescape in the eyes of an Online Student

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

Pros

The software offers a comprehensive field for us to look and review work of our peers and visualize the coming weeks into a graph. It has allowed our professors to lecture upon and correct our designs right in the platform.

Cons

The software is finicky and allows some range of movement on certain softwares vs others. I personally have an older Mac computer and it often lags behind a bit moreso than other types of websites similar. The “follow leader” button only works sometimes during our lecture and require some us to pause our professor in order to catch up or figure out the problem. Our professors don’t entirely know how to use all the buttons and can sometimes lead to lengthy expanses of time trouble shooting. In this way it is more complex than other softwares and offer some buttons we never use or consider using.

Katia A.

Good tool for collaboration

Reviewed on 2021-06-18

Pros

Good to keep ideas organized and in a good flow, especially if things are not easy to accomplish, Bluescape helps in organizing the tasks.

Cons

It takes time for some people to wrap their heads around how Bluescape works. Mostly if they don't have a project management background.

Response from Bluescape

Katia, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping keep your ideas and tasks organized. Bluescape's "infinite canvas" is definitely different and less structured than other tools. It does take some getting used to, but it sounds like you're doing great. Happy collaborating!

Alister F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Great tool for collating, visualizing, sharing and communicating data

Reviewed on 2021-06-18

Pros

Fantastic canvas that allows flexible curation and visualization of scientific data. Great for annotation, sharing with colleagues and presentation of data.

Cons

Some restrictions on file formats that can be viewed/edited.

Response from Bluescape

Alister, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you visualize and share data. We support many file formats in single workspace through integrations. Let us know what you'd like and I'm happy to pass along to our product team.

Brooke K.

Don’t get for students

Reviewed on 2021-06-15

Pros

Different approach to teaching and learning experience

Cons

Very difficult to use to teach students. System doesn’t like to work when many people are using. Can’t submit assignments

Response from Bluescape

Brooke, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience using Bluescape for elearning. It is very different from tools like Blackboard. If you run into Bluescape again or want to give it another try, please let us know. We're happy to share best practices that might be helpful.

Joshua L.

A Multifunctional Collaborative Whiteboard

Reviewed on 2020-10-08

Pros

The most important aspect of this software in terms of its usefulness and niche is the multi-user functionality, enabling multiple persons within a class or a team to collaboratively share ideas. This software is essentially a digital whiteboard, albeit with additional features that make it suitable for these times and days.

Cons

While I did not find any significant issues with the software, I think that in general there are a few bugs and glitches here and there that are yet to be ironed out.

Derek M.

• Customer Support Software

A Sneak Peek into Real-Time Collaboration!

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

Pros

What amazed me about Bluescape when I first started using it was the ease of use when using the user interface, as well as moving around documents in the workspace.

I also appreciate the real time collaboration features like voice, and video capabilities. This allowed for ease of use.

Cons

I commonly lose connection to Bluescape, as well as audio issues, and having to reload the page.

Ben B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2020-10-08

My overall experience has been mediocre at best. Bluescape has good potential, especially for a classroom environment, but i needs a bit more work.

Pros

I love the fact that all files can be put into one big workspace for everyone to see and interact with. It makes it easier for group collaborations.

Cons

The website is buggy and takes some time getting used to. For those with limited knowledge on tech, it can be tricky navigating Bluescape at first. There is also a login glitch which blocks you from accessing your workspaces temporarily.

Louise L.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Amazing and Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Great fluidity in posting my work. Easy and fun.

Pros

I love the UX design and how easy it is to access all spaces of the platform.

Cons

When files are imported, they appear way too small.

Jadan W.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 2020-10-07

Pros

Very interactive and can see multiple forms of media.

Cons

Might seem overwhelming at first when you see all the content on the screen.

Jenny H.

Bluescape for new user

Reviewed on 2021-06-15

Minimal experience as most clients don't really want to use it.

Pros

File sharing seems easy to navigate with real time editing and such

Cons

overall layout is not user friendly. Find the page layout confusing.

Response from Bluescape

Jenny, thank you for your review. I'm glad you find it easy to share and edit files in Bluescape. I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy the layout. The "infinite canvas" is different from other tools and does take some getting used to. If you get another opportunity to use Bluescape, please let us know. We're happy to walk you through the product and share best practices that might be helpful.

Kevin S.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Slow and Laggy Make this unbearable to use with a team virtually

Reviewed on 2021-06-10

Pros

I guess features are pretty comparable to Mural?

Cons

Slow, laggy and had the whole team frustrated enough that it was basically useless.

Response from Bluescape

Hi Kevin. Thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve our product and would like to learn more about what you're trying to accomplish in Bluescape. This information would be helpful so we can grow to support teams like yours with a fast and seamless experience. Your CSM will reach out shortly - hopefully you're able to share more about your experience.

Tim S.

Absolutely Indispensable

Reviewed on 2020-10-01

When we first went remote, it only took 2 days to get my in person teams into a virtual collaborative environment. I was blown away with the ease and speed of the transition. I used the tool sparingly before and now I use it daily!

Pros

I love how my student teams can collaborate and develop their products/services and then their business plans to launch. The tool allows them to collaborate easily and at the same time see what other students are doing.

Cons

Students are initially cautious about any new tool. But, in no time they are working within their assigned team canvases.

Valerie P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Worth the Investment!

Reviewed on 2021-06-15

Great experience thus far. I do not use it on a daily basis. However, when I do "Design In Real Time", or display the project / floor plan on the Bluescape screen; the customers are always impressed with the software and ask for us to quote Bluescape just to see if the system will fit within their budget.

Pros

Bluescape is easy to use if you use the software regularly. Great for presentation meetings and Design In Real Time. I love how the presenter / user is able to have Video Conference as well as Draw and write on the screen. In addition, the notes that will be on the screen are able to be stored for later use, emailed to individuals as well as you are able to access your workspace / project file from your mobile app.

Cons

I do not know or have not practice much on Bluescape to have a "Con" comment.

Response from Bluescape

Valerie, thanks so much for your review. Glad you're enjoying Bluescape so far and impressing clients by doing Design In Real Time! Let us know if there's anything we can help with :)

Lana T.

• Customer Support Software

Favorite collaboration tool during design

Reviewed on 2021-06-15

Love it. It makes me a better project manager.

Pros

Ability to paste from anywhere, mark up, and drop files into the work space so the whole process timeliness of design is visible.

Cons

I think creating an organizational template became crucial, since we have big teams - people would put things on the workspace with more or less order... creating a chaotic bear if someone wasn't helping keep it organized. Templates help.

Response from Bluescape

Lana, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear you're loving Bluescape and it's making you a better project manager - wonderful! I agree templates are helpful in keeping things organized. Happy collaborating!

Nicole K.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for creative review

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

As mentioned it’s great for creative review however there’s some choppiness to the overall user experience that’s made it difficult to implement into the overall company workflow. I.e. presentation decks, presenting video content, webex integration not having certain features that traditional webex has like chat function and being able to see multiple people at once

Pros

Love reviewing creative marketing materials in this platform.

Cons

The inability to present presentations with animated gifs in the workspace and the webex integration hiccups we’ve run into