Notion

4.7 (1,253)
Project and task management tool

(1,253)
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Alson

• Customer Support Software

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote.

Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Todoist, Microsoft To Do and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

Things

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.
Koffi
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

My testimony and avaluation of Notion

Reviewed on 1/21/2023

Overall, my experience using Notion for task and project management has been positive. The platform offers a wide range of features such as task scheduling, editing and updating, progress tracking, project planning, and integration with other apps and services, that allows me to stay organized and manage my work effectively. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple to use even for someone who is new to the software. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. However, I have found that the integration with other apps and services could be improved, and the mobile app experience could be more user-friendly. Overall, Notion has been a great tool for me to increase my productivity and stay organized.

Pros

I have been using Notion for task and project management for several months now, and I have found that one feature that I particularly appreciate is the flexibility of the platform. Notion allows me to customize and tailor the way I organize my tasks and projects to my specific needs. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. I also appreciate the simplicity of the platform, it allows me to focus on my work and not getting lost in a maze of settings and options. Overall, the flexibility and simplicity of Notion is a feature that I particularly appreciate, it helps me to stay organized and productive.

Cons

I have found that one feature that I particularly dislike is the limited integration with other apps and services. While it's possible to integrate with other apps like Google Drive and Trello, it still doesn't provide the same level of seamless integration as other project management tools. Additionally, the lack of real-time collaboration tools such as in-app chat or video conferencing makes it difficult to work efficiently with my team. Furthermore, I found the mobile app experience to be a bit clunky and not as user-friendly as the web version. Overall, while Notion offers some integration and collaboration features, it could be improved to provide a more seamless experience across different apps and platforms.

mary
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

like other better

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Pros

none really just tried it out to see if i would like it

Cons

everything it was npt well put together or thought on

Ngha

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

Pros

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free.
Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Cons

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Abiliya

Versatile Simple Note Taking Platform to watch out for

Reviewed on 12/19/2022

Pros

Notion has revolutionized the way teams collaborate around complex projects. One of its biggest advantages is its design, which puts the focus on necessary information while removing extraneous details that can clutter and overwhelm users. The ability to nest notes as pages and treat every piece of data as a block make Notion's interface highly customizable and offers its users an almost infinite array of ways to arrange their workflows. Building in Notion is like having an ever-changing playground that can adapt to any project's parameters

Cons

Navigating the software, Notion can be difficult as it does not have an easy explanation of all the features. You will have to watch several videos so that you can use the software to its best use. Even though there's always room for improvement, Notion offers such a comprehensive platform that it more than compensates for any initial difficulty in set-up.

Craige
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Awesome application for just about everything

Reviewed on 1/23/2023

awesome experience and works on all platforms just the same, even linux

Pros

Generous free tier, ability to store as much as you like and be flexible with how you do it

Cons

privacy - all these integrations leave major privacy concerns

Trello

Reasons for Choosing Notion

needed a more flexible workflow

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Notion

more storage options and generous tiers
Saurav

A Positive Overview for Simple Task Management

Reviewed on 1/15/2023

Overall, Notion is a powerful and flexible tool for managing tasks and I would highly recommend it for personal use. The feature of navigating the task stage is my favourite and it helps me to stay on track and organized.

Pros

I have used Notion for personal task management and it has been a great experience. One of the things I liked most about the software is its ability to navigate through the different stages of tasks (e.g. to-do, in progress, and done). This feature allows me to easily keep track of my progress and prioritize my tasks.Additionally, the flexibility of the software allows me to customize my task management experience according to my needs. The interface is easy to navigate and it is simple to understand.

Cons

As someone who has used Notion for simple task management, I haven't had much experience with all of its features, so I can't speak to any specific dislikes. However, from my limited use, I haven't encountered any major issues with the software. It's easy to navigate, and it has all the basic features that I need for simple task management. It's also quite flexible, so I can customize it to fit my needs. However, since I haven't used it too much, I cannot comment on any complex features or any downsides that may come with it.

Mostafa

• Customer Support Software

What makes your life easier

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

I could not control my daily tasks and forget a lot of necessary things during my day. After using this program, my life became much easier and organized, and I do not forget anything during the day by taking daily notes and daily, weekly, monthly and even annual appointments. I thank those who developed this application because they are They made our lives easier and fun

Pros

Organization, magnificence, ease and interaction in creating and modifying notes and tasks

Cons

I can almost assure you that it has no defects or anything to complain about in this program

Scott Brandon
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Notion is the cooler project management system and beyond!

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Pros

The cool factor, the ability to literally have my whole life and business and projects on one page and then the ability to go as deep as you want within each piece.

Cons

I don't understand half of what it does, so it can be very complicated AND very functional if you know what you're doing, and I'm still a novice with it.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Media Production

Notes: Blurring the Lines Between Notes and Task Management

Reviewed on 12/20/2022

After reading much about Notion and how it streamlines task management, I decided to try it out. But the interface is so bland and homogeneous that I found myself forgetting to use it. It does not have the elegance of things like Asana or even Evernote. For me, this was not worth paying for.

Pros

Notion has a minimal interface with lots of ambition.

Cons

The interface doesn't make a lot of sense for proper project management, and can get cluttered easily. Notes blend in with projects and tasks, and it simply is not a very inviting or intuitive process. There is promise here, but I suspect many users will find this insufficient for project management. The two higher subscriptions are quite pricey compared to the competition.

Asana and Evernote Teams
Melissa
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Flexible and Collaborative!

Reviewed on 11/27/2021

Personally, I love this tool because it allows me to build databases of knowledge, even my personal Resume page. Everything is in one place and I don't have to search extensively through notebooks or confusing organizational systems.

I like that you can really transform your ideas from just a thought to reality. Notion is great for tracking goals and helps you to navigate towards your end destination. If you're using it with a team it can be a great place to build up internal knowledge bases- but the trick is keeping it updated and making sure that what you're building is something an average Joe can navigate.

Pros

Notion is a great tool to use because you can do a variety of things on the tool. Project & task management, note-taking, building knowledge deposits, I even built my own resume page about myself in Notion!

It is a functional and flexible platform that also allows the administration of databases and these can be connected to each other and also provides great value as the ability to connect information between different departments or pages helps our employees find information easily.

Cons

The mobile apps aren't 100% amazing, there are some features that I think should be more included with the free version and the price is a little high.

Confluence, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Visually, the UX was the best and building pages inside of pages is really visually pleasing.
Ricardo

• Customer Support Software

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment.
This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are.

Highly recommended.

Pros

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now.
The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view.
Offline work is still a work in progress.
Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

• Industry: Design

I wish I had Notion in college

Reviewed on 10/28/2022

If I had a Notion in college, it's safe to say, I would've gotten better grades. Since discovering this product, I have been 100x more productive because I can customize my workspace to my exact needs in a friendly, aesthetically pleasing platform. In order to make Notion work for you, you need a creative and problem-solving mind, and a few days to learn it. That's where I have the most fun creating the templates and workflows, and my team members make me feel like a productivity wizard.Working with databases is seamless, integrations work great, and my notes look and feel amazing. I use Notion for my tracking and planning my daily life, as well as my small business. After setting up the templates and workflows, my team members rave about how easy and centralized the projects are. They even started to learn how to create templates and workflows of their own since being introduced to it.Despite the lack of advanced styling, I love having a digital workspace that caters to our exact needs.

Pros

Notion is super easy to use, the interface is beautiful, and the possibilities are endless. I enjoy making templates that actually help me be more productive and get things done. There is also a native marketplace full of free and paid templates that I love getting inspiration from and experimenting with. Notion also has one of the most helpful and motivating communities where templates and productivity ideas are shared. I enjoy using this to organize my projects as a digital business.The pricing plans are reasonable, and they also offer credits when you complete certain tasks. It is best paired with Google Chrome Extensions. There are many extensions that make the Notion experience even better like customizing the theme colors, adding buttons, etc.

Cons

My nit-picky con isn't all that important when it comes to productivity, but visually notion lacks native advanced customization. The downside of using Chrome Extensions to customize the look and feel of my notion pages is that it doesn't apply across browsers and on the desktop and mobile app. There's too much space around the margins, which can be valuable real estate for the page content. I also wish the page properties didn't take up half the page with the right side of it empty. I also wish that text could be aligned right and centered.Another downside I have is having to use Notion in Google Chrome most of the time to take advantage of the style customization extensions.

All in one Editor

Reviewed on 10/16/2022

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Pros

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

Cons

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Sublime Text, Confluence and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.

Sublime Text and Evernote Teams
Layne

Great tool for a company wiki (policies and procedures documentation, meeting notes, etc.)

Reviewed on 8/25/2022

I use Notion as a company wiki to share documentation, instructions, policies and procedures with everyone on my 52-person globally distributed team. It's where new team members go to find and work through their orientation checklists. It's where admins go to work through their onboarding checklists when a new person joins the team. And it's where every team member goes every day to read the extensive instruction manuals they use to do their jobs. It's very easy to create and share beautiful and clear content with Notion.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is for content creators and readers alike. You can integrate all kinds of things: images, videos, html, databases, simple tables, etc. There are also lots of different types of heading (three sizes, with or without drop-down toggles to collapse them), which means the documents in our company wiki are very easy to navigate. I love using synced blocks when a rule or procedure is mentioned in more than one place—if you update one block, all of the others sync too so your documentation won't accidentally go out of date.

Cons

I had to try really hard to think of one, honestly! I guess I wish there was an easy-to-find user management page. The only way I know how to manage permissions is to use the small window that pops up when you click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of any Notion page. It takes fair amount of scrolling or a fair number of clicks to find someone on my 50+ person team and change or remove their permissions when I need to.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

My last company used Confluence instead of Notion. I like Notion better!

Reasons for Switching to Notion

My COO chose it because it has a lot of traction with other teams we respect.
Lirim
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

One of the best productivity apps for anyone who wants to keep themself productive.

Reviewed on 9/20/2022

Absolutely amazing. My life is so much easier and I get now more time to spend with my family thanks to Notion.

Pros

NOTION is a true lifesaver productivity app for anyone who really cares to deliver the best of him/her by the end of the day. Once you open the app you will have option to customize the pages you see on the left side, create new ones, include links, add people who you work with, tag them, add pictures, prioritize your tasks, set deadlines and set a reminder for every deadline you set of. It basically has everything I would ask for, almost perfect and it saves me a lot of time by keeping me organize throughout the day.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about this software is the font, it has very limited fonts to choose from. I wish they had more.

Microsoft OneNote and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It's not very affordable for people like me who use it very often. Not a lot of options.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Ease of use, very popular, lots of options to customize based on your needs, and it gives you 14 days free trial which is perfect for people who are trying to figure out what app is the best for them.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

it allowed us to create a GTD system and keep the rest of the team on track with all projects and the combination of urgent tasks across active projects to make every day productive

Pros

I liked the fact that we were able to create a fantastic GTD system (getting things done) that helps us keep track of our active projects, review tasks and collect all ideas and insights that get later categorized

Cons

their task management UI is less intuitive to use than notion, which makes us upset because it's the main reason we use notion, especially on mobile

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

we switched because we felt constrained by the fact that the kanban system was the only way to structure a document

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion

cost (we're in the free tier), colleagues recommendations and perceived ease of setup
Daniel
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Reviewed on 12/22/2020

Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications.

The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task.

The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records.

There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal.

Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that.

The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

Reviewed on 8/21/2020

I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Prashanth
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Highly productive & collaborative tool for Product Documentation

Reviewed on 10/4/2022

Notion is a great choice as it's a tool that can be looked at for all the documentation. I've used it to build my product workflow, PRD & pitch deck too. Recommended for all Product folks, Marketing teams.

Pros

1. Loved the interface, alignment and layout of the tool.
2. Creating, editing & sharing a workspace is very convenient on both web and mobile too.
3. Shortcut keys & integration with other software make it an all-in-one workspace.

Cons

1. No user education on how to use the features as they have plenty of it and user is lost while using it.
2. While sharing the document in the pdf format the videos & images are jumbled and can't hyperlink later.
3. No multiple fonts, colors and themes available. The gallery can also be improved.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion is offering best interface and easy-to-use UI.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion has a great suite of features and I see it as an emerging tool for all requirements.
Eshaan
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best Life OS there is

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well.
I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion.
Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Dropbox Paper
Elliott
  • Industry: Music

The everything app

Reviewed on 4/13/2021

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.

I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page.

It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible.

You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page.

This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added!

In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Mustafa
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client.

I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way.

On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps.

Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes.

For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good.

On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly.

You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it.

When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team.

To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Cons

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded.

Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem.

I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

Ziad
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

"Notion makes the transition from unpolished notes to polished documents quick and efficient!"

Reviewed on 11/18/2022

Overall and crucially, Notion makes it simple for team members who identify as "non-technical" to participate from various departments. It hasn't caused a stir way other "unintuitive" gadgets with a steep learning curve have.The backup option is comforting; it's not something you consider before you sign up, but you'll need it later if your data is even tangentially important to you.Support has typically been quite beneficial to me and my numerous questions throughout the years. Sometimes they'll confuse things by requesting extra information on a simple, obvious issue, but I know they're only doing it to find out more. Right, it's better to err on the side of overcommunication:

Pros

I was introduced to Notion by a coworker, and ever since I edited that tiny seedling of a first page, I've used it frequently, grown, and even produced the literary equivalent of several novels in it. It has combined aspects I've used in other programmes and improved on them greatly.In the past, I used to become annoyed at how badly my formatting was messed up by Google Docs, Zendesk, and other services. I could essentially clear up the debris by copying and pasting it into Notion. Additionally, a page supports live editing, thus there is no separate "publish" phase! (If necessary, you can always perform a "staging/test" on a different page.) Additionally, it's very simple to target shares or make pages public.Project management for task tracking (through card columns), thorough user documentation (and the process of translating it from internal external consumption), and concept presentation are some of the business uses of Notion that I have. At home, my wife and I also used it to draught and revise our wedding vows, document items in need of repair, and other things. In other words, there were moments when I was interacting with another tool before going — "Why, Notion is capable of that already! Use Notion only!" Keeping track of my musical productions with Notion is one of my favourite uses. I serialize them with annotations so I can see what's almost finished, what has to be delivered, and what I might just be messing about with.

Cons

I wish we could add more bespoke styling. I'm not talking insane custom colours, but solid background colours and text with precise RGB values would make a huge impact with matching branding. Though having everything integrated seems really basic, I am aware that there are third-party applications that seek to cover these demands and things like custom domain names.Additionally, as of my most recent check, there was no way to view the original IFRAMES code, which seems incredibly cumbersome because it requires me to store that code elsewhere (perhaps in a separate Notion page) or risk it being obscured. Anyone using widgets with special embed parameters, such as those from Bandcamp and SoundCloud, should be aware of this.But overall, Notion has been fantastic!

• Industry: Accounting Software

My take on Notion: Pros, Cons, and Overall Experience

Reviewed on 12/30/2022

I've found Notion to be a powerful and flexible platform that has greatly improved my productivity as a solopreneur.

Pros

As a solopreneur, I have been using Notion for the past year, and my experience with the platform has been mostly positive. One of the standout features for me has been the ability to create and customize pages and databases to fit my specific needs. This has been helpful in organizing and managing my work, as well as tracking the progress of my projects.Another key feature that I've appreciated is the integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms. Notion integrates with a variety of other productivity and collaboration tools, which has made it much easier for me to manage my work.

Cons

For one, the free plan is a little limited in terms of the number of pages and databases you can create and the amount of storage you have. I need to manage a decent amount of data, so this can be a bit of a bummer.The platform can also be a little complex to set up and use, especially if you're new to project management software. There are a ton of features and it can take a while to learn how to use them effectively.And lastly, the price. Notion is a premium product and it can get pricey compared to other project management tools. As a solopreneur, I gotta be mindful of my budget and the cost of Notion can be a bit of a strain.