AutoShop

4.7/5

Becki

Great Management Software

Reviewed on 12/17/2012

We have now been using Winworks for 5 years after already trying Alldata's management software. We looked at Mitchell but wasn't impressed. The thought of having to pay someone monthly for something that is not mine is not appealing. That is why I do not lease cars. But to each their own. We looked at RO Writer but the upfront expense was just too much. Besides a few bells & whistles Winworks is just as great. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

The fact that we own the software is why we went with Winworks. The cost is affordable. We tried AllData's management software for a year and had problems. Also the fact that we would never own it and would be paying monthly forever was unappealing. The fact that we could make payments was great. Julie in tech support is amazing. The other guys are great as well but Julie has been the one that I have connected with. I know of some shops that have never done an update and are using the system with no problems. We on the other hand pay for support and all updates. Worth every penny. The system is easy to use and integrates well with Quickbooks & WorldPac's speed dial. We use most of all of the features that are available,

Cons

There are some things I wish were more like RO Writer but again you pay for what you get. I have many friends whose shops have RO Writer and are very happy with it. The reason we did not go with it is because of the upfront cost. Like I said just a few things I wish Winworks had but I am satisfied. Just like having a Tahoe but wanting an Escalade.

DJ

Terrific

Reviewed on 9/18/2017

Pros

You can have the best SMS but if there is no support what good is it? I like the fact they do there best to help you. You always get a call the same day and it's fast. All of there support staff is friendly super helpful. They update system regularly to keep up with industry trends and needs.

Cons

I would like to see some different / more reports . There is not a lot of things I don't like. There is no perfect SMS out there

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks DJ! We value your input on Winworks!

Derek

Used to Be Excellent Software

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

Every benefit AutoShop has in running a shop is negated by its sheer lack of reliability. The programming for this software is terrible and inept. DO NOT even consider buying this until they take concrete steps to fix the buggy and unstable underlying programming. I wasted thousands of dollars purchasing it with the intention that I could use it for many years in the future; I got 4 years out of it instead. Now, I get penalized for calling tech support to fix THEIR incompetence.

Pros

Up until the end of 2017, the software was excellent over almost 4 years of use. Work orders look decent and professional, scheduling is a breeze, job building is easy and time efficient, and the service recommendations and tracking was very intuitive. The accounting and labor reports are very helpful. It almost seemed too good to be true... and it was.

Cons

After putting it off for a couple months, I installed the Version 8 update in January of 2018. Ever since then, I have had the joy of talking to customer support an average of once a month, as Winworks finds ever more creative ways to crash. These usually accompany Windows updates, but sometimes it stops working or glitches just for fun. Tech support refuses to acknowledge any systematic problem, but offers no explanation as to why the software stops working every few weeks. On at least two occasions, I had to input data from paper backups because the databases failed catastrophically. The software is terribly, fatally unreliable. Every morning, it's a surprise whether or not the software will work as designed and as I paid for. In fact, I write this now in my spare time until the Texas tech support center opens at 9AM and I can start producing work orders again.

Response from Winworks Software

Sorry to hear about this customers experience with our software. We will do whatever we can to resolve the issue, although no specific issue is mentioned other than the programmers are inept and the software is unreliable? When we reviewed our log of calls for this user, we had documented an intermittent network connectivity issue with network hardware. This can cause a lot of software programs to fail when the network is unreliable. Perhaps this has STILL not been resolved? It's easy to blame the software and the software company when either hardware fails or a Windows update causes issues. I do appreciate their Pros comments regarding our software. We have attempted to reach out and will continue to do so to help in any way we can. Every user matters to us!

Sean

Technical Difficulties

Reviewed on 3/20/2017

So long story short, my all in one office computer decided last week it was time to quit. after being in a panic I removed the hard drive from that unit and called WinWorks tech support. within a matter of minutes, the tech support help desk got me up and running again on my laptop which was a great temporary workaround. Today the representative from tech support helped me get WinWorks software up and running on my new office computer, Best tech service around as far as I'm concerned.

Pros

Everything !!!

Cons

Nothing, Great Product

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Sean for the kind words! We love having you apart of the Winworks family!

Keith

REVIEW

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

EASE OF USE- TECH SUPPORT IS GREAT AS WELL. TEAM MEMBERS IN TECH SUPPORT IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ADDRESSES MY COMPLAINTS IMMEDIATELY. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, FAST, AND GREAT AT COMMUNICATING.

Pros

EASE OF USE- THIS SOFTWARE DOES EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR MY SHOP

Cons

ADDTL COST FOR ADD-ONS, ADMIN ENTRY CAN BE VERY TIME CONSUMING ON THE BACK END

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Keith for your great review. It is our pleasure to serve you and to continue to make the Winworks AutoShop program part of your shop's success!

John

• Customer Support Software

Winworks Tech Support is the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

The customer representative has been great for me personally and Fifth Gear. Winworks provides us with excellent data and tools for providing our customers with top-level service and reaching our full potential in sales, and one of the representatives has been the best in making sure we are getting the most out of the product and helps us quickly and professionally when we stumble. We couldn't ask for a better partner.

Pros

It provides us with all the data we could ever need on our customers.

Cons

Sometimes it is tough to get this great data out of the system so I can use it to make more money.

Response from Winworks Software

John, thanks for the great review. We look forward to serving you more in the years to come!

Beth

Winworks Works Great!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

Pros

Winworks has proven to be exactly the shop management software that our business needed. It is simple to use, and keeps our shop running efficiently. Any questions are quickly answered by Winworks staff. Highly recommend!

Cons

There needs to be a short list of frequently used vendors, needs to be a way to keep the same vendor for entering multiple parts without having to go into settings and change your default vendor.

Larry

We have used Winworks software since 1999 and are very happy with the product

Reviewed on 9/28/2017

Records are kept easily and information is very easy to retrieve when needed. Customer information is stored and easy to back up

Pros

We love the ability to go to customer information with ease and not having to look through a lot of files to get there

Cons

need to be able to email a copy of an invoice with just a click, and when we use the mail outs we would like to be able to know how many are going to be printed before we run the program

Chris

• Customer Support Software

Literally the backbone of my business with standard tasks galore and USA tech support .

Reviewed on 2/23/2018

my shop runs smoothly and efficiently allowing me to focus on the client and not the wasting time with bad software. Quick easy and efficient with quick reference buttons and constant improvements

Pros

Anytime a client asks for a quote fop any kind I can literally take 1 minute extra and build that "task" to then refer to later. Being a Euro shop that lack of repetition saves my time and money and have tried others with nothing coming close

RJ

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding Support. Never Have a problem getting a hold of them when needed.

Reviewed on 12/21/2018

Great team to work with. Excellent support.

Pros

Ease of use is the great. Support team is friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

If there is a con it would be adding multiple job tasks packaged together.

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks RJ for a great review. We can add multiple job standard tasks together. The feature is called Linked Tasks. Any technician can connect to your computer and demonstrate the feature when you have time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone at your shop!

Ty

• Customer Support Software

Needed help in connecting new station and performing a full upgrade

Reviewed on 10/18/2017

Pros

I don't know yet. We just took on this client and this is first time dealing with this software.
A workstation crashed and I needed help getting back online and during all this saw they were way behind on upgrades. The support staff was amazing on helping me with both and educating me on how the system works and what to do for them. He was truly a great help and actually fun to talk to.

Cheryl

• Customer Support Software

Awesome and seamless transition with our new computers! Tech Steve is GREAT!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

Pros

cust support works there! He was awesome, so patient and so helpful to me. He didn't rush and made the who process so easy for me. I'm sold on the technical support. These people are wonderful!

Cons

None. The program is great and their tech support is always so helpful. I am looking forward for the program to be cloud based. It will make working from other offices a breeze.

John

Stoney Creek Automotive

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Have been running with Winworks for about 8 years. Checked out many different programs before settling on Winworks software. I have never regretted the choice. They have been very helpful and have kept us running in short order when ever a problem has arisen.

Pros

Able to set up on a server for multiple terminals to use.
Download directly into Quick Books .

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks for the feedback John!

Janet

• Customer Support Software

Overall-the users find this software compatible with the needs of our business-and the...

Reviewed on 1/9/2018

Pros

Most functions are easy to use, once the user is trained and understands the functions. The customer support is outstanding

Cons

Accounting functions are a bit funky. Obtaining some reports take too much time-ie changing dates in sales tax reports-it would be easier if the dates could be typed in, instead of tabbing back

Kasi
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

would like it to be more added about big trucks

Reviewed on 9/6/2017

Pros

I like the inventory end of it can put bar codes in and scan or find parts. Like that I can go onto NAPA site and find parts.

Cons

would like it be able to get kenworth or peterbilt trucks like the NAPA is. Would like a fast way to just bill out charge 1 or 2 parts with no labor on the counter sale.

JOHN

WINWORKS AUTOSHOP 13 PLUS YEARS

Reviewed on 7/6/2016

I HAVE BEEN USING WINWORKS IN MY REPAIR SHOP IN ALPHARETTA GA FOR MORE THAN 13 YEARS . THE SOFT WARE IS SO EASY THAT WE GO YEARS WITH OUT ANY NEED FOR THE TECK SUPPORT BUT WHEN WE DO NEED THEN THEY ALWAYS DO A GOOD AND QUICK JOB.
LAST YEAR WE OPENED A SECOND SHOP IN ATHENS GA AND WE SET THAT SHOP UP WITH WINWORKS

Pros

EASY TO USE

Cons

-0-

Response from Winworks Software

Pleasure talking to you today John!

ANDREW

USING FOR OVER 15 YEARS NOTHING BUT THE BEST

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MANAGE YOUR SHOP WITH IS IN WINWORKS SOFTWARE FROM ACCOUNTING TO PARTS INVENTORY TO ESTIMATES TO WORK ORDERS YOU CAN DO IT ALL.

Pros

FAST AND EFFICIENT

Cons

CANNOT OPEN PROGRAM ON MORE THAN 1 COMPUTER AT THIS TIME HAVE TROUBLE WRITING WORK ORDERS IN OFFICE WHEN PROGRAM IS OPEN UP IN THE SHOP.

Andres

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

When it comes to customer service, Winworks understands. When you get on the phone, the technician are with you 100% and always go the extra mile.

Pros

Ease of use and many featues.

MELODEE

JAMES MOTOR WORKS

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

EFFICIENT, ANY PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED FROM YOUR HELPFUL TEAM. WE THOROUGHLY ENJOY SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE IT DEPARTMENT...THEY NOT ONLY HELP YOU-BUT GIVE YOU TIPS. DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM!

FRED

• Customer Support Software

I HAVE HAD THE WINWORKS SYTEM FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. VERY GLAD I HAVE IT.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017

Pros

THIS SYSTEM IS VERY USER FRIENDLY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RELY ON THE INTERNET FOR FUNCTION. VERY SELF CONTAINED.

George

• Customer Support Software

Our tech was able to find a nagging problem with my computer unrelated to the software.

Reviewed on 1/4/2018

Pros

Stable,Easy of use, and great tech support. We have been using this software for almost 20 years..

Teresa

love the customer support

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

I can't say enough about the technical support team. They are very friendly. They are there to help

Pros

I like the invoicing

Cons

I had a lot of problems in the beginning. But support team helped me through the difficult times and I am liking the program

ken

Great Service

Reviewed on 7/6/2016

Wow, great help. This company is the best, could not do it without winworks. Thank you for treating us with such great service.

Laura

• Customer Support Software

One of the customer rep was phenomenal in walking me through my questions, he was patient and...

Reviewed on 10/18/2017

Pros

Still learning the features and benefits of the software, but at this time I am most pleased with my customer support experience.

Cons

I am finding some functions to be a bit laborious but I am still too new to judge.

RECO

EXCELLENT COMPANY

Reviewed on 12/17/2012

WE THINK EVERYONE SHOULD USE THIS SOFTWARE FROM WINWORKS THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH THIS HAS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE A BLESSING FOR OUR BUS.

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE IS JUST WHAT THE AUTO REPAIR INDUSTRY NEEDS.THE WORK ORDERS ARE GREAT AND THE SUPPORT UNIT IS VERY PROFESSIONAL BUT PERSONAL AT THE SAME TIME. I CAN NOT LIST ALL THE PROS BUT I WIL STATE ONE LAST THING THAT I WILL NEVER USE ANY OTHER SOFTWARE.

Cons

THERE ARE NO CONS FROM RECO'S RENCHES AND FAMILY.