AutoShop

4.7/5

Becki

Great Management Software

Reviewed on 2012-12-17

We have now been using Winworks for 5 years after already trying Alldata's management software. We looked at Mitchell but wasn't impressed. The thought of having to pay someone monthly for something that is not mine is not appealing. That is why I do not lease cars. But to each their own. We looked at RO Writer but the upfront expense was just too much. Besides a few bells & whistles Winworks is just as great. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

The fact that we own the software is why we went with Winworks. The cost is affordable. We tried AllData's management software for a year and had problems. Also the fact that we would never own it and would be paying monthly forever was unappealing. The fact that we could make payments was great. Julie in tech support is amazing. The other guys are great as well but Julie has been the one that I have connected with. I know of some shops that have never done an update and are using the system with no problems. We on the other hand pay for support and all updates. Worth every penny. The system is easy to use and integrates well with Quickbooks & WorldPac's speed dial. We use most of all of the features that are available,

Cons

There are some things I wish were more like RO Writer but again you pay for what you get. I have many friends whose shops have RO Writer and are very happy with it. The reason we did not go with it is because of the upfront cost. Like I said just a few things I wish Winworks had but I am satisfied. Just like having a Tahoe but wanting an Escalade.

Ken

• Customer Support Software

Autoshop Software is a great first POS software.

Reviewed on 2022-05-09

We used this software for the first 10 years or so of business operations and felt we finally outgrew it as we switched growth directions. There are multiple options for this software now that include local, or cloud based and there have been more updates.
I still would recommend this software to any small shop based on my previous usage.

Pros

There are a few things that make this software stand out. One is the customer database IS YOURS and not shared without your permission. In our case, being a local, on site program was the best option. The program had many good features that helped in the day-to-day work and was basically a straight forward, usable program.
Inventory system was a strong point.

Cons

The program screens come across as "dated".
The report options were limited and poor, in our opinion.
Program felt as though you were "falling behind the times".
The more we grew and added to the software, the more "clunky" it began to feel in day-to-day operations.
Other programs did not interface well or had limited success.

Keith
  • Used for 1+ year

Winworks Autoshop

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

Very poor. We are a heavy duty shop and had done some homework before purchasing. There wasn't any alternative programs at the time. We were told that the program had been used by heavy duty shops and that we would have no issues. The program may work incredibly well for an automotive shop, as that is what it is based on. At the end dealing with tech support/programming was a nightmare.

Pros

The structure to the program makes sense from an automotive shop perspective.

Cons

We were promised that the program would adapt to a heavy duty truck shop, however, we were constantly having to do work arounds. Each time required a call to tech support to help transition the program. The first year of tech support was included in the purchase price of the software. After the free tech support term expired we were required to purchase the next year of tech support. Because we required so much support the bill for the upcoming year was quite high. We decided that because we were required to continue doing the work arounds that the cost would be prohibitive and that we couldn't afford to carry on with the program. Expensive lesson learned, we had to purchase the program initially, pay our staff to migrate our information in to the system, then pay our staff to migrate the information to our new operating system. Our experience with tech support wasn't that good either. Issues with getting tickets resolved and getting support..

Response from Winworks Software

Sorry to hear of our your dissatisfaction with the AutoShop software. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I will answer your email directly. We wish you well with your new software.

Victoria

Excellent Support!

Reviewed on 2016-09-08

Our shop has been using this software for almost two years and we had some technical questions, as well as pricing and feature questions. After looking online and looking throughout the program, I decided to finally call (usually not one to do this). I called the support and Kathy asked what type of questions I had. Once I told her, she said someone will call back. ONE minute later, I get a call from Steve. I described my technical questions and he knew right away how to fix it. He remotely accessed our software and showed me what to do. Super quick. Then, I asked about pricing and features, and he knew right away. Very straightforward and knowledgeable. I feel like great customer service and support is hard to come by but this was not the case here. I'm definitely a happy customer!

Pros

-Has all of the features our small 5-employee shop needs (can pay more for more features)
-Reasonable one-time fee
-Amazing customer service and support

Cons

-Looks outdated

DJ

Terrific

Reviewed on 2017-09-18

Pros

You can have the best SMS but if there is no support what good is it? I like the fact they do there best to help you. You always get a call the same day and it's fast. All of there support staff is friendly super helpful. They update system regularly to keep up with industry trends and needs.

Cons

I would like to see some different / more reports . There is not a lot of things I don't like. There is no perfect SMS out there

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks DJ! We value your input on Winworks!

Sean

Technical Difficulties

Reviewed on 2017-03-20

So long story short, my all in one office computer decided last week it was time to quit. after being in a panic I removed the hard drive from that unit and called WinWorks tech support. within a matter of minutes, the tech support help desk got me up and running again on my laptop which was a great temporary workaround. Today the representative from tech support helped me get WinWorks software up and running on my new office computer, Best tech service around as far as I'm concerned.

Pros

Everything !!!

Cons

Nothing, Great Product

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Sean for the kind words! We love having you apart of the Winworks family!

Beth

Winworks Works Great!!

Reviewed on 2017-09-20

Pros

Winworks has proven to be exactly the shop management software that our business needed. It is simple to use, and keeps our shop running efficiently. Any questions are quickly answered by Winworks staff. Highly recommend!

Cons

There needs to be a short list of frequently used vendors, needs to be a way to keep the same vendor for entering multiple parts without having to go into settings and change your default vendor.

RJ

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding Support. Never Have a problem getting a hold of them when needed.

Reviewed on 2018-12-21

Great team to work with. Excellent support.

Great team to work with. Excellent support.

Pros

Ease of use is the great. Support team is friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

If there is a con it would be adding multiple job tasks packaged together.

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks RJ for a great review. We can add multiple job standard tasks together. The feature is called Linked Tasks. Any technician can connect to your computer and demonstrate the feature when you have time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone at your shop!

John

• Customer Support Software

Winworks Tech Support is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

The customer representative has been great for me personally and Fifth Gear. Winworks provides us with excellent data and tools for providing our customers with top-level service and reaching our full potential in sales, and one of the representatives has been the best in making sure we are getting the most out of the product and helps us quickly and professionally when we stumble. We couldn't ask for a better partner.

Pros

It provides us with all the data we could ever need on our customers.

Cons

Sometimes it is tough to get this great data out of the system so I can use it to make more money.

Response from Winworks Software

John, thanks for the great review. We look forward to serving you more in the years to come!

Keith

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

EASE OF USE- TECH SUPPORT IS GREAT AS WELL. TEAM MEMBERS IN TECH SUPPORT IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ADDRESSES MY COMPLAINTS IMMEDIATELY. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, FAST, AND GREAT AT COMMUNICATING.

Pros

EASE OF USE- THIS SOFTWARE DOES EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR MY SHOP

Cons

ADDTL COST FOR ADD-ONS, ADMIN ENTRY CAN BE VERY TIME CONSUMING ON THE BACK END

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Keith for your great review. It is our pleasure to serve you and to continue to make the Winworks AutoShop program part of your shop's success!

Larry

We have used Winworks software since 1999 and are very happy with the product

Reviewed on 2017-09-28

Records are kept easily and information is very easy to retrieve when needed. Customer information is stored and easy to back up

Pros

We love the ability to go to customer information with ease and not having to look through a lot of files to get there

Cons

need to be able to email a copy of an invoice with just a click, and when we use the mail outs we would like to be able to know how many are going to be printed before we run the program

Cheryl

• Customer Support Software

Awesome and seamless transition with our new computers! Tech Steve is GREAT!

Reviewed on 2017-11-22

Pros

cust support works there! He was awesome, so patient and so helpful to me. He didn't rush and made the who process so easy for me. I'm sold on the technical support. These people are wonderful!

Cons

None. The program is great and their tech support is always so helpful. I am looking forward for the program to be cloud based. It will make working from other offices a breeze.

KEN

AWSOME, VERY HELPFUL

Reviewed on 2017-09-19

COMPLETLY RUNNING MY SHOP.

COMPLETLY RUNNING MY SHOP.

Pros

EASY TO USE, PRICED WELL AND SUPPORT IS ALWAYS A CALL AWAY. CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT HELPED ME WITH CHANGING OWNERSHIP FROM ONE CUSTOMER TO ANOTHER, VERY FAST AND HELPFUL. WHILE ON PHONE HE UPDATED TO VERSION8 AND WALKED ME THREW NEW FEATURES, ALSO INSTALLED INSIGHT WITH A FREE 10 DAY TRIAL.

Cons

NOTHING,

RICHARD

• Customer Support Software

Great program, and experience.

Reviewed on 2017-09-12

Pros

User friendly, we really like the highlighted areas, in new updated program. The text support was very helpful.

Cons

Still looking for itemized tax when applying payment to invoice. It would be great to when paying a ticket that in the window as you apply a payment for the invoice could show the tax listed.

Kasi
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

would like it to be more added about big trucks

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

Pros

I like the inventory end of it can put bar codes in and scan or find parts. Like that I can go onto NAPA site and find parts.

Cons

would like it be able to get kenworth or peterbilt trucks like the NAPA is. Would like a fast way to just bill out charge 1 or 2 parts with no labor on the counter sale.

JOHN

WINWORKS AUTOSHOP 13 PLUS YEARS

Reviewed on 2016-07-06

I HAVE BEEN USING WINWORKS IN MY REPAIR SHOP IN ALPHARETTA GA FOR MORE THAN 13 YEARS . THE SOFT WARE IS SO EASY THAT WE GO YEARS WITH OUT ANY NEED FOR THE TECK SUPPORT BUT WHEN WE DO NEED THEN THEY ALWAYS DO A GOOD AND QUICK JOB.
LAST YEAR WE OPENED A SECOND SHOP IN ATHENS GA AND WE SET THAT SHOP UP WITH WINWORKS

Pros

EASY TO USE

Cons

-0-

Response from Winworks Software

Pleasure talking to you today John!

ANDREW

USING FOR OVER 15 YEARS NOTHING BUT THE BEST

Reviewed on 2016-06-30

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MANAGE YOUR SHOP WITH IS IN WINWORKS SOFTWARE FROM ACCOUNTING TO PARTS INVENTORY TO ESTIMATES TO WORK ORDERS YOU CAN DO IT ALL.

Pros

FAST AND EFFICIENT

Cons

CANNOT OPEN PROGRAM ON MORE THAN 1 COMPUTER AT THIS TIME HAVE TROUBLE WRITING WORK ORDERS IN OFFICE WHEN PROGRAM IS OPEN UP IN THE SHOP.

Alan

Would not recommend

Reviewed on 2022-04-29

Pros

It's inexpensive compared to other options but you get what you pay for.

Cons

Very clunky and outdated. Customer service was lackluster.

MELODEE

JAMES MOTOR WORKS

Reviewed on 2016-06-30

EFFICIENT, ANY PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED FROM YOUR HELPFUL TEAM. WE THOROUGHLY ENJOY SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE IT DEPARTMENT...THEY NOT ONLY HELP YOU-BUT GIVE YOU TIPS. DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM!

FRED

• Customer Support Software

I HAVE HAD THE WINWORKS SYTEM FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. VERY GLAD I HAVE IT.

Reviewed on 2017-09-14

Pros

THIS SYSTEM IS VERY USER FRIENDLY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RELY ON THE INTERNET FOR FUNCTION. VERY SELF CONTAINED.

George

• Customer Support Software

Our tech was able to find a nagging problem with my computer unrelated to the software.

Reviewed on 2018-01-04

Pros

Stable,Easy of use, and great tech support. We have been using this software for almost 20 years..

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Simple, Fluid, and Efficient. This system has a good "flow" to it.

Reviewed on 2018-04-12

The time saving benefits I have gained from Winworks is overwhelming. I am coming from a program where I had an average of 10 to 15 minutes per RO, from start to finish. With Winworks that is down to 3 to 5 minutes per RO, from start to finish. With an average of 300 repair orders a month that is a HUGE amount of time saved writing repair orders.

Pros

Speed when in use, great for a high volume shop . Customer service is top notch as well, customer service agnets are great. As much as I have talked to Steve I'd consider him a friend, haha. I will recommend this system.

Cons

Scheduler is awful and a pain to use, it definitely needs to be updated or have the ability to have an add on like Bolt On Technologies.

josephq
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

automotive review

Reviewed on 2023-12-15

really good allot of stuff went bad.was shown the right way

really good allot of stuff went bad.was shown the right way

Pros

my personally auto motive review is straight foreword it was on point with everything would Definity recommend.

Cons

nothing really i agree with it oy thank you.

jennifer
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reliable app

Reviewed on 2024-01-20

Pros

I love everything about AutoShop. It help me alot.

Cons

Nothing. I love everything about Autoshop.

Laura

• Customer Support Software

One of the customer rep was phenomenal in walking me through my questions, he was patient and...

Reviewed on 2017-10-18

Pros

Still learning the features and benefits of the software, but at this time I am most pleased with my customer support experience.

Cons

I am finding some functions to be a bit laborious but I am still too new to judge.