NGS-IQ

Querying, analytics, and reporting solution for businesses

5 /5 (9 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Robert D.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

NGS-IQ Review

Reviewed on 12/20/2019

NGS customer support is the most responsive and helpful of any support team for any software company that I have encountered in my career.

Pros

I am new to the AS400/System-i environment. I appreciate how easy NGS-IQ makes it to query files in the system. The green-screen interface is good, but the separate desktop GUI client is even better. I can quickly develop a query and publish it to production. Using the web-interface my users have access to the query immediately. I am able to let them self-serve results from our 40+ year old system.

Cons

Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but it would be nice to be able to write ANSI-standard SQL if it would be quicker. Also to do sub-queries without having to write and link two separate queries.

Shawn A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A great tool for extracting and sharing data

Reviewed on 12/19/2019

Pros

NGS-IQ works and works well. I've used the product to write literally hundreds of reports in the 10+ years that I have been a user. We have built significant business processes out of the data that we are able to extract from our system with this product. The ease of getting data out of our IBM database and out to Excel where it can be shared with coworkers or clients is fantastic. The product works well and is very well supported in the rare case that there is a problem. The regular, free training webinars offered are invaluable to picking up and learning more about the capabilities.

Cons

No real major complaints or issues, the one thing that we kind of struggled with at first was that reports needed to be copied for each base library that we want to report for. We checked at the time and there was an add on module that would have helped with that, but we chose not to pursue it.

Duane D.
Industry: Industrial Automation

we have many queries and have been using the product for over 20 years

Pros

Ease of use, creating reports on the fly. allowing other users to create reports and taking programming request away fron our RPGLE programmers. Support is awesome

Cons

not having a listing of new features. documentation of changes and new features.

Van T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

NGS-IQ

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Many users express that they love to run queries using NGS because it is easy, fast, and outputs reports to Excel.

Pros

Both IQ Client and Qport. We don't use Smartview very often but I think it is also a good tool.

Cons

Over all I like this software a lot; there are some great functions in the software but I have to learn the syntax in order to use them such as SKIP, PREVIOUS, ect...

Roger N.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Reports for IBM iSeries

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

I use NGS-IQ daily and is used create reports and database tables

Pros

The software is very compatible with our need for reporting

Cons

How to navigate around the application, using the different function key caused a slight learning curve.

Patrick O.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

NGS Qport Office Review

Reviewed on 2/26/2020

Pros

I can check my queries almost instantaneously and it moves the data from the AS400 to Excel beautifully.

Cons

There are no cons. This software works perfectly.

Adam F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Leaves IBM Query in the Dust

Reviewed on 2/8/2020

Pros

Ability to link queries
Ability to email results automatically
'Memory' for joined fields

Cons

Some error messages could be more helpful
The need to delete output files if they don't match could be improved to have the program perform that funtion

Pamela B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Versatile Report Writing Tools

Used Monthly for 2+ years

Thoroughly positive experience!

Pros

NGS offers a variety of report writing software that is flexible to what you need. I truly appreciate the customer service. Their response time and attention to my problems has been excellent. The trainers are also very skilled and personable.

Cons

The user interface for NGS IQ Client, NGS QPORT are a bit dated and not scalable. Screens can be hard to read when working on projects in conference rooms. The website could also use a refresh.

Christopher R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User Friendly, full of features and outstanding customer support

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/7/2020

Pros

The accessibility it gives you to your data and the framework it provides for building out your own personalized suite of reports for your end-users

Cons

It's difficult to readily look at the data in a file