Vectera

Meeting room scheduling and video conferencing platform

4.8 /5 (94 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Superb scheduling and video-conferencing platform with unique features

Reviewed on 2020-09-18

I was looking for a solution that provided both scheduling functionality and video-conferencing capabilities. The problem is that most providers have either the ability to assist with scheduling of meetings or cover the online meeting part. Vectera does both with bravura and throws in a couple of unique features that make it stand out.

Pros

Compared to Skype, FaceTime, Zoom Webex, and the like, Vectera does convince with ease of use for all parties taking part in the online meeting. Granted, the video quality is not on the same level as Zoom or FaceTime, but Vectera is far more reliable and hasn't cut out on me once. The ability to sync with calendars and schedule appointments is easily setup. What I liked most, though, is the whiteboard functionality and document annotations. Vectera works without any annoying downloads or installations (Cisco, Zoom, Skype, anyone?) right out of the box.

Cons

There're a couple of improvements, though, and I've already highlighted them with the development team, which I found somewhat responsive and open to suggestions. One of the things I'm missing is, for example, the ability to conduct a meeting offline. Rather than online video, I'd like to provide the client with a phone number to call. Right there in the invite that's sent out once a meeting is scheduled as a phone call and not a video conference. This isn't possible with Vectera, and I can't wait for this small add-on to get implemented.

Mario M.

• Customer Support Software

Best for private video conferences

Reviewed on 2020-10-02

Very happy with my purchase because it gives my meeting a more personalized and professional touch.

Pros

In the middle of this lockdown Vectera has proven to be a very valuable tool. Unlike more popular and free tools, this provides a lot of privacy. I also can fully personalize my meeting rooms and subdomain. That gives my meetings a much more professional touch vs other tools.

Cons

Maybe the fact that we cannot add more backrgrounds (at least until september 2020)

Kendrick C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Personal Experience with Vectera

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

I used Skype + paint + Google Drive for lesson in the past. With the use of Vectera, my students and I simply open a browser and we can complete everything within the browser.

Pros

The ease of selecting the tools to use, while being able to customize the size of text and line thickness is very easy to use.

Whiteboard can be fit an expanded page, or you can also add more pages, which can then be saved into one pdf without the use of pdf converter.

Having the ease to key in math tools makes it even more wonderful to use!

Liking the co-browse function which most virtual rooms only offer screenshare which limits the other parties' engagement in the virtual room.

Able to record the virtual room and save in local drive for free. Some will require payment which discouraged me from using them.

Cons

Syncing of things keyed in can be slow, probably due to free trial when everyone is using it, thus causing a lag in syncing of things keyed and drawn.

the lack of shapes to draw.

will be useful if the formula tool can allow multiple line input as well.

Chinese characters when typed in vectera looks perfect. But when downloaded and saved as pdf, the words stacked together. Worked fine when I was using it at the start. But nearing the end of free trial, this bug appeared and thus all of my worksheets are still in Vectera waiting to be downloaded. Still waiting for the bug to be fixed.

Will be good to allow unsync of room so that we can split up and go to different whiteboards to do our task if necessary. Currently if I scroll up, my student will be 'forced' to scroll up as well. I cannot mark while they are doing the next question.

Roger P.

Quick and easy

Reviewed on 2020-01-22

Besides ease of use and cost, they are very responsive with communication. I shy away from software that provides poor support as I don't have time in my busy day to track down solutions to issues or search Google for answers on a bulletin board. The Vectera team replies right away with any questions I have.

Pros

I do "on the fly" support meetings with my clients all day. I have used two other web collaboration services prior to Vectera. Neither of them directly served my needs as they were bloated with too many features, too difficult for my clients to get on the meetings and too expensive. I was looking for software that would be quick and easy to use both for myself and my clients. Vectera was just what I was looking for.

Each client gets their own "meeting room" and I have my own custom domain with their address in it to share with them. The client simply bookmarks their custom address and they can join me very and easily.

Cons

The software is still in its "growing stages" and has a couple of quirks, none that cause me to give it a critical review. I live on Firefox all day and discovered that Vectera works best on Chrome. I believe they are working on making Firefox so it works as well as Chrome does.

Jonathon C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Vectera - Powerful Meeting Capabilities for Small Virtual Group Meetings

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Generally, my experience has been very positive so far after using Vectera for several months. The video quality on the client end has been smooth and glitch-free. I've received no complaints or concerns from clients so far. My end goal was to find a dependable, low-cost virtual meeting service that I could connect with clients and hold small group meetings to discuss projects. So far that has worked out satisfactorily.

Pros

My favorite thing initially about this software was its low cost per entry. It was very easy to register and activate my account. I decided to try out the software via an App Sumo lifetime deal to keep my business costs down.

Cons

I wish the room sizes could hold just a few more people. They are generally best for up to 6 people. I also wish the video recording was more than 15 frames/per second for the lower tiers of service.

Natalie B.

• Customer Support Software

Professional and excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019-11-29

Most of my clients are out of town. My job is to create content that meets their needs, or their clients' needs. Without needing to spend any time printing materials and then driving to a meeting, sometimes taking a flight, I just set up a videoconference and prepare the documents that I want to show to them. We both can highlight sections of the work that needs updating. Vectera provides a means of clear communication without the need to meet face-to-face, which takes a lot of time out of one's day.

Pros

The learning curve for Vectera is fairly easy and intuitive. It allows me to send a link to my clients and we can have a remote meeting and get everything that we would have gotten done if we were face-to-face. The customer service is very impressive. Whenever I ask a question, I get a detailed response within a few hours. Updates are being rolled out regularly so the app continues to improve.

Cons

This is not a big deal to me because I was already equipped, but somebody buying this app would need to acquire a headset with mic and a quality camera (because webcams do not do a great job).

Response from Vectera

Hi Natalie,
Thanks for this wonderful review :)
Very nice from you to highlight the customer service. We do our best to respond a.s.a.p. in the best way we can.

Chris V.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Win some time with Vectera

Reviewed on 2019-12-27

I can gain a lot of time by using this software. The daily traffic is not an issue any more...

Pros

Very easy to schedule a meeting
Nothing to install

Cons

a good internet connection is always necessary. Sometimes, the wifi of customers is not fast enough when they use the camera

Charlotte D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Amazing Online Meeting Functionality

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

Not only does Vectera allow us to have easy online meetings, Vectera also offers persistent meeting rooms. That means that every person we meet with online has their own unique url that's used over again for each meeting. I love the

Pros

The best part of this platform is the ease of use - both for our clients and internally. Of equal importance, of course, is the audio/video delivery and that has been nearly flawless.

Cons

I had a small complaint about the email confirmations sent to clients, but they completely cleared that up this week with an update. So I don't have any complaints at the moment. That's something I rarely say about software.

Response from Vectera

Hi Charlotte,
We are really happy that you like the persistent meeting rooms and the ease of use.
Glad that we could help with the small complaint in a short period. If you have any other questions, you can always contact us!

Vinh N.

• Customer Support Software

Great smooth and intuitive meeting software!!! Replaced Zoom with it!

Reviewed on 2019-12-28

very good

Pros

It accomplishes its main function very well. Provides an easy interface for new users, works straight out of the box. Powerful but not too complicated

Cons

still improving and needs time to catch up to established brands

Shlomo Z.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

THIS WAS MY FIRST VIDEO CONFERENCE SOFTWARE - AND I LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

I never really used a video conference software before this one, and I am glad this is the one I chose, I have no complaints & only good things to say about the software and the team behind it.

I use this software to onboard, train & connect with VA's & employees who are not regularly in the office.
I love that we have the ability to share screens & control each other's screens.
I absolutely love the dedicated rooms which keep files ready for the next meeting.
I love that we can record sessions so that the trainee can go back and watch them at any time.

Honestly, I give this software a 10 out of 10 without thinking twice.
Great job Vectera!

Pros

-Share Screen easily.
-Mobile-Friendly.
-User-Friendly Interface.
-Record Sessions.
-Specified Meeting Rooms for each user/client.
-Meeting Rooms keep all documentation, so you can go back & start right where you left off (with all documents available from the last few meetings.
-Create meeting invites & sync calendars all from the software.
-Ability to use on your own domain.
-The ability to have around 6 people in one room is cool.
- Great customer Support

I am sure there are more features, but these are what I use

Cons

I really didn't find any cons. Actually, if I ever did have an issue with understanding how to use a feature, the customer support is absolutely incredible.

OK, OK... If I had to give 1 con, it would be that I wish they had the capability to do a Screen Recording before a meeting (sort of like LOOM or Camtasia)

Brandon B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

The complete package

Reviewed on 2020-01-06

Pros

Permanent meeting rooms create a hub for future meetings. And the ability to answer video calls on a phone with no installation removed an obstacle for my clients.

Cons

Customised button colours would be great (I'm being very picky now!)

Response from Vectera

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the great review :)
We're glad to hear that you see Vectera as the complete package and that we took away an obstacle for your clients.
Customizing button colours are on the roadmap and will come soon!

Craig H.

• Customer Support Software

Everything you need for high quality online meetings and presentations

Reviewed on 2018-09-03

Pros

Vectera goes above and beyond to deliver a much more comprehensive experience for you and your attendees than does the competition. Highly suggested if you're looking to put on product demos, sales pitches, or even instructional sessions.

Cons

Nothing, works great and the team is fantastic.

Jason A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Meetings made simple!

Reviewed on 2019-11-29

I love it, the team is constantly improving the software. It is never glitchy and doesn’t make me look bad in front of customers.

Pros

I love the persistent rooms, not having to recreate or resend emails is great. All the documents and whiteboards used at last meeting stay with the room.

Cons

I haven’t found anything negative so far about the software. It just works and works really well for my needs.

Response from Vectera

Hi Jason,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you like that the meeting rooms are persistent. It makes follow up meetings really easy!

Helene M.

• Customer Support Software

Interactive easy platform to work with!

Reviewed on 2020-09-01

Pros

When I'm having meetings with clients, it it very easy to use the meeting rooms, especially sharing your screen is very easy and makes it very interactive.
It is easy to work with. You can completely brand your meetings and then send a personalised link to a client to let them book a meeting.

Cons

I'm looking forward to have meetings with more than five people.

Antonio L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Online Meetings made easy and functional

Reviewed on 2019-12-27

Pros

Ease of use, Features: Whiteboard, Video, Overall Quality of Meeting Room

Cons

Not available in german language. Connection sometimes a little weak

Response from Vectera

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the wonderful review!
In Q1 2020 we will make it possible to change the language of the dashboard en meeting rooms. It's also on our roadmap to add German as a language on the booking pages.
If you have any questions, please contact us!

Jasper T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Very supportive team

Reviewed on 2018-09-13

Pros

Easy to use, a no-nonsense professional look & feel is perfect for these kind of interactions.

Cons

They have no VoiP integration yet - but should be working on it

Zerline V.

• Customer Support Software

When my mind can't remember what has been said during the call, Vectera does!

Reviewed on 2018-08-21

Pros

Vectera is really easy to use and to connect with clients. You just need to send them the URL and you’re ready to start a Vectera call. As the url is specific for the meeting you have with your customer you can easily go back to review content, annotations and what you've discussed during the meeting.

+: whiteboards, no installation required, easy to use

Cons

I just started to use the software, so far so good :-)

William C.

• Customer Support Software

Pleasantly surprised at how good this is

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Pleasantly surprised at how good this is. At first I thought it was just another scheduling platform, but Vectera has turned out to be so much more. And I'm not talking about features so much as details. Sure, you'll see similar features across other platforms, but the development team behind Vectera seems to listen to their users, and they have excellent customer support and release fantastic features that has won my loyalty as a customer.

Pros

- DEDICATED Room per visitor!!! This means your chat history, files, and whiteboards can persist through many meetings with the same person. Perfect for online consulting or client meetings.
- Custom domain and design for online meeting rooms (custom landing page before user joins too!). This helps me look even more professional with a customized appearance and URL while meeting with clients.
- P2P video connection - no 3rd party servers that my data flows through.
- Works in browser - no need to download software
- Clean and simple scheduling options for users. While I've used many other scheduling services, Vectera does it right by keeping it clean and simple
- Team management
- Easily record and download sessions
- Shared whiteboard and co-browsing optoins
- "Private Notes" option so users can jot down notes during the call that only they can see
- "Presenter mode" so that only one person can control the screen (if needed)
- Create "open" rooms where anybody can join, or keep the default "locked" option so users have to knock and be accepted before joining

Cons

- P2P data transfer means a limited number of people can join. If you consistently have meetings that involve 6 or more people at the same time, then Vectera might not be a good fit. But if you mostly do meetings with 1-5 people then you'll be fine

- Vectera is still fairly new. Though I have to say they do a great job with the features and roadmap - adding just the right features without adding bloat (get's hard to do when everybody is requesting every feature under the sun - how do you decide what do build first?) They do a good job adding the right features at the right time, but it's pretty

- I tried do Pair Program with a buddy using the co-browsing feature on HackerRank.com and the in-browser code editor didn't like us while co-browsing. It would randomly mess up the code in the window

Nathan C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

A definite video conferencing gamechanger!

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

I am an executive business coach and Vectera has made a difference to my business. Any difficulty I have had with it was promptly resolved by the software's team. My clients love it and I see myself using it for a long time.

Pros

Its ease of use. I am not a "techy" and I find it extremely intuitive and appealing to use. I can set up a meeting in literally seconds. My clients have also expressed to me how easy the software is to use.The private meeting rooms with all of their tools are outstanding and you can seamlessly pick up on meetings on returning to them. The video and sound quality are exceptionally good. I had to contact customer support on a few occasions and every time I was blown away by their responsiveness and willingness to help.

Cons

At this time I will say that I have not been given the opportunity to dislike anything about Vectera. Whenever I had an issue it was promptly responded to. Their R&D team are mind readers and stay ahead of the curve by anticipating and resolving potential problems.

Response from Vectera

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for this wonderful review!
Ease of use, R&D and customer support are very important to us, so we are happy to read this in your review. You can contact us if you have any questions or requests.

Lisa V.

vectera

Reviewed on 2018-08-14

Vectera is my go-to videoconf platform especially for external meetings. The fact that my clients can join from a single click on the link is really handy. It's way easier than finding and adding a contact on skype, not knowing if I even picked the right person.

Pros

Handy drag and drop
Light footprint on my system
Secure P2P connection
Extensive API

Cons

Color scheme could probably get an update

• Industry: Design

GREAT product!

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Pros

Wow, what an amazing product! It's great to be able to have my clients just jump into the video chat we scheduled, rather than asking what platform they use (Skype, ZOOM, etc.) and coordinating around their requirements.

Cons

I would like to see a little more customization in each area, such as changing colors for branding, etc.

Rene S.

Great Videoconferencing for Small Teams

Reviewed on 2020-05-15

Very intuitive and smooth operation. Does what it says and the video conferences es are very reliable. A big plus I underestimated when I started is the persistent room concept. Now I love it. It’s very handy

Pros

The Software can easily be customized to fit your own brand. Usage of the software is even simpler and very intuitive.
Everybody whom I invited had no trouble at all logging in (nothin to install), all sessions had great quality and recording was flawless.
Non of the other video conferencing solutions offer such a smooth and streamlined workflow.

Cons

The Software was designed for smaller number of participants. Wished the product would also offer Webinars for higher participant count in the same great way

Michael D.

Very good meeting tool

Reviewed on 2020-05-08

Vectera offers an easy to use meeting tool. It's UI is straight forward, also for people who don't have a lot of PC skills. Customers find their way easily, no installations or configurations, it just works. Even with low bandwidth internet connections we found no trouble at all. The interactive whiteboard and co browsing makes this tool a must need if you reguraly do client trainings, intake / presales meetings etc.
The support team is very responsive and receptive to implement new features.

Pros

UI is straight forward, no installations or configurations, easy to do client trainings, intake / presales meetings etc.

Cons

Nothing mentionable. When there are support questions they respond quickly.

Dr john K.

Persistent private rooms and all you need for 1-2-1 and group web conferencing

Reviewed on 2019-12-19

Pros

Having persistent private rooms for each and every client or small group. Loading files, images or having a whiteboard and they stay in the room. A client can pop in (with a passcode if you want) on their own to check something out.
Recording is easy (using chrome).
Voice and video quality has been excellent with almost no drops.

Cons

Not since they made screen sharing visible on mobile.

Ramon H.

Professional 1to1 and Small Group Meeting Tool with perfect branding functionality

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Pros

The UX and UI of Vectera is really great. Every touch point of the customer can be branded with ones own brand. The development team delivers significant enhancements nearly every month. It is a joy to watch the tool mature.

Cons

At the moment the video and sound quality isn't as good as the tool I've used before (Whereby) provided, especially with more than two people. As far as I've understood the Vectera team is working on this. If the reach the quality of Whereby Vectera is far superior as it provides a lot more functions like Co-Browsing, Persistent Meeting Rooms, CNAME etc.