Hostfully Property Management Platform

Property management platform for vacation rental businesses

4.1/5
4.0/5
4.1/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Keith

• Customer Support Software

Hostfully Platform saves us time and makes us more money

Reviewed on 7/20/2019

We have been using the product for 2 years and it keeps improving. While we don't find value in every new feature, we're happy with the pace that they're responding to feature requests.

Pros

The ease of using the channel manager and adjusting per-channel pricing.

Cons

The user interface. It's not flashy, but it's functional.

Tokeet, Guesty For Hosts and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform

Tokeet was not a great channel manager and it's integrations were spotty. The UI was overly complex and it was sometimes difficult to do tasks we felt should be routine and easy.

Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform

We found the price point relative to the feature list to be a great value. It was very easy to get started with an evaluation and once we did so, we just didn't want to try out anything else--we were satisfied.
Margie

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

We moved to Hostfully wanting a software that integrates with Quickbooks and they have not disappointed us on anything that we have asked them to tackle.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT], the owner, is available and is always open to improving his software to increase revenue and help to push our properties through API connections. Customer service is amazing and the costs for the software is minimal compared to some of the very large software options out there, but better!

Cons

No cons! we are so happy with the software... I would love a phone app... that is the only con!

Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Hostfully Property Management Platform

We were having a ton of glitches in the monthly statements and they were too pricey.

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform

the price, the integrations and the ease of use of the software

Critical Feature Missing

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Pros

Hostfully does have some good features..

Cons

Hostfully is missing a KEY FEATURE that is pivotal to operating a short-term rental business in an efficient manner! The missing feature is their integration with VRBO. While Hostfully allows you to set up "automated messages" to guests who book through Airbnb, they lack the integration to do the same on VRBO.
This is something that they won't tell you during the training sessions, so please take this as your warning!!
After I signed up for Hostfully, I learned about this lack of integration and immediately canceled and am now using Guesty which not only has integration to message your guests automatically from their platform, but they also have many many more features as well!
If you're serious about growing your short-term rental business, I highly recommend using software that can support you (not Hostfully)!

Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform

I chose Hostfully because I thought they had almost identical features to Guestsy, but at a lower price. I was wrong. Hostfully is missing key features and integrations, like not being able to send automated messages to VRBO guests through Hostfully.

Response from Hostfully

Hi Bailey,

Thank you for trying Hostfully. First, I want to apologize for the miscommunication on how our automated messaging works since it works for all channels including Vrbo.

I believe the limitation you are referring to is the lack of a Vrbo messaging API. This prevents you from receiving messages in Hostfully sent from the Vrbo guest portal. You can still automate emails to your Vrbo guests and when they respond, correspond with them via email directly from the Hostfully inbox.

The lack of a Vrbo messaging API comes from Vrbo themselves. We are patiently waiting for Vrbo to add this to their official API. We are proud to have reached the exclusive "Preferred Partner" status for Vrbo, and because of that, we only integrate through their official API. We do not scrape data/emails in an unofficial way, where a simple change in HTML code could break the "integration". In the meantime, the workflow mentioned above works well for our customers.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

A Complete PMS for our Vacation Rental Management Company!

Reviewed on 7/23/2019

Orbirental has saved our team countless man hours of work and anytime we’ve encountered an issue it has been addressed and resolved promptly. The integrations and ease of use make this product invaluable to our operation.

Pros

From the start, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team were quick to respond to help us get set up and work through any issues we encountered. We utilized the booking engine to build out our website and the automated messages saved us countless hours of work.

Cons

My only complaint would be a few missing feature such as some smaller individual integrations with Airbnb such as an auto message respond for Airbnb inquiries and last minute pricing. However, the team continues to roll out new and improved updates and functionality.

Rentals United, iGMS, 365villas and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Hostfully Property Management Platform

Features and functionality fit our company’s needs making Orbirental the obvious choice.
Drew

Comprehensive Property Management Platform for Small and Big Operators Alike

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Excellent. This platform has really improved and streamlined how we manage our business. And if we ever have an issue, the support team is very quick to jump in and help. This platform just keeps getting better and better.

Pros

Consolidates major rental platforms / channels into easy to understand calendar view.
Message triggers and scheduling functions ensure messages to communicated to guests exactly when you want them to be delivered.
Enhanced Reporting -- accurate and consolidated financial and transaction reporting -- itemized and aggregated across platforms makes accounting far easier.
Platform built for easy integrations and Hostfully is continually bringing in new partners to further build out comprehensive service. Very strategic. We take advantage of the pricing algorithms, additional direct channels, and more.
EXCELLENT support team that solves problems fast and communicates very well throughout the process.
Providing a Direct Booking Website as part of our package is a GREAT benefit.
Publishing tools make it easy to push photos and copy out to additional channels.
Very knowledgeable and likable team who make themselves available for input and feedback. They take a very strong interest in knowing how their platform is performing at every stage of its growth.

Cons

Keeping in mind that my wife and I are small operators (five properties at the moment), we love this software but there are features we do not use that are more suited for larger operators, such as Dashboard and Pipeline. Reports vs Enhanced Reporting is confusing, we assume this will be sorted out as time goes on. And we would LOVE a mobile app!

Response from Hostfully

Thank you so much, Drew, for the amazing review! We put in the work to keep all of our customers happy, we are delighted to know the features hit the mark for you and you're enjoying your Hostfully experience! The app is coming very soon, we hope you would love it as well! Thank you again for being a loyal customer, we're honored for our partnership! :)

Stefano

• Customer Support Software

A great service that continues to grow and improve!

Reviewed on 8/30/2022

Pros

It's fairly easy to onboard/get started. There's plenty of room to grow your operations and create automated systems for maximizing your time/output.
Plenty of 3rd party software integration (including their fantastic/affordable guidebook solution) and a responsive support team make this a great solution for our business.

Cons

Currently, there is not currently an app, and certain aspects of the software are not quite as intuitive and robust as they could perhaps be (it feels very much like a WordPress site). Once you get the hang of things it's pretty smooth sailing though.

PriceLabs

Response from Hostfully

Thank you for your kind feedback, Stefano! We're thrilled to know you enjoy the automated settings of the PMS and make the most of our brilliant Guidebook as well as the integrations. The app is coming very soon so we hope you would love it! Our support team is here for you anytime.

joanne

Avid User

Reviewed on 8/30/2022

We love Hostfully. We had switched to TRACK a year ago and had an unpleasant transition and experience, and we came back to Hostfully with a lot of feelings of relief.

Pros

Great design and easy user interface, simple but complex at the same time. Everyone also always loves the guidebooks of course. I find the Hostfully customer support to be top notch as well.

Cons

There are not many qualms I have. I appreciate the photo arranging gallery has become a lot more efficient and easy to use from a recent update!

Response from Hostfully

Thank you for your review, Joanne! It's great to know that you find the PMS and the Guidebook easy to use. We strive to provide superior customer service and are thrilled to hear that you love our team Thank you for believing us, we are honored you had chosen us again!

Heidi
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Life changing

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Mainly good.. need an app for phone- to small to see and use as is

Pros

The integration with other platforms, the chat help desk is amazing

Cons

Integration with VRBO very difficult and gave up first time around.

Response from Hostfully

Thank you for your wonderful review, Heidi! We're thrilled to know you're enjoying your Hostfully experience and our customer service. The app is coming very soon, we hope you would love it as well! Thank you for being a loyal customer, we look forward to working with you more. :)

Will

Our business runs on Hostfully

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

We have collaborated closely with Hostfully on projects big and small. Their team is helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. We would recommend them to anyone who needs a top-tier property management software.

Pros

Hostfully’s suite of features and integrations make our business possible, and sets us apart from local competitors. Hostfully is critical to the success of our enterprise.

Cons

In some ways, Hostfully may try to do *too* much. The attempt to implement a CRM feature set feels clunky — I’d recommend focusing on the stronger elements of their business as this is not it.

Response from Hostfully

Thank you so much for the awesome review, Will! We're thrilled to know Hostfully is a key player in the success of your business! We value your feedback and are honored for our partnership. We look forward to growing with you!

Marco

One (sad) year using Orbirental

Reviewed on 3/21/2019

One year ago I decided to betray my old and robust channel manager Wubook for Orbirental, attracted by its endless features list and the strong discount I was able to negotiate.
A reliable channel manager MUST do real-time price changes and inventory updates, while managing hassle-free reservations modifications and deletions, and unfortunately Orbirental is very weak in all of that and doesn't manage reservations of multiple units at all (!)
It has been a very frustrating year, full of anger, cursing, overbooking and, last but not least, a lot of time and money lost: a real nightmare.
I have exchanged a huge amount of e-mail with tech support but none of their fixes showed stability: after a short time problems came back or new ones appeared.
I have tried all of the features, like e-mail templates, webhook and API connectivity, and none is really reliable, everything is very buggy.
SO, if your have one or two vacation properties and you want to play a little with a channel manager, maybe you can give Orbirental a try, but if you are running a serious accommodation business and time for your is money, I definitely recommend to look somewhere else.

Pros

The interface's graphics is nice, the calendar is easy to ready, the e-mail templates are useful.

Cons

Everything is buggy and totally unreliable.

Response from Orbirental

This user has been trying to use the Orbirental API to their own custom layer, and seems to be challenged in understanding basic technology. To make matter worse, the user has been continuously sending threatening and insulting communication to our staff, so we decided not to renew their subscription. This retaliatory review was expected, is not substantiated and has been flagged for removal. Readers should feel free to contact us if they have any concerns.

Nancy

Love hate relationship

Reviewed on 9/14/2022

The biggest help has been having the cleaners being notified each time a booking occurs.

It has been a lengthy process to convert to Hostfully. Onboarding was not as good as I had hoped. I still don't know how to use much of the website. Your chat support is excellent.

I am very disappointed that I have more work to do with VRBO because we use Hostfully. I have thought of discontinuing because it has made it so much more difficult. I haven't because I like Pricelabs being able to change my pricing daily.

I had hoped using a channel manager would make my work easier and simpler. That has not been the case.

Pros

I can see all the bookings on one calendar. They send messages to my cleaners as soon as a booking is made. One change that goes to all platforms. I can plug in Pricelabs to change my pricing. Support is great. Quick chat responses, answers my questions and solves the problems.

Cons

No app is a real problem. Please get it running soon.

Hard to read pages of website, the muted grey and other muted colors are hard to read. Type font is way too small to read on a phone. Calendar can be confusing. Hard to add jobs, everything is too small and sensitive, so I end up on the wrong date, etc.

Seem to have to go to different locations on website to get something done. There should be an automatic assignment, when it is just me handling everything. Sometimes I need to do something but can't, then I remember I have to assign it to me before I can manage the thing I need.

Since having a channel manager it is a lot more work for me, because VRBO will not collect funds nor report and pay occupancy tax. Inquiries cannot be handled through Hostfully, only bookings.

Onboarding was lengthy, difficult, incomplete, poor scheduling and cancellations. We have had some glitches where it wasn't sending out the information correctly. I still need more explanations of all the bells and whistles, but onboarding is over, so is my training.

Persida

• Customer Support Software

Open platform to integrate with other solution providers

Reviewed on 11/29/2017

Time savings

Pros

I am going from two properties to 5, and from Airbnb only to advertising on multiple channels, therefore I need a software solution. I don't want to start on one platform only to have to redo everything later, so I've spent a lot of time researching. I really like Orbirental for three major reasons:
1) Open platform that allows "bolt-on" integration from other solution providers. Unlike other software providers, Orbirental gives you options. Want a channel manager? There's 4 to choose from. Insurance solution? They're working on integrating with 4 companies. Payments? There's 4 solutions for that. Cleaning? 2-3 different partners. I like the choices so that I can do my own research and decide what's best for my way of doing business and for my budget.
2) Cust support answered all my questions patiently. I had a lot of questions. Like a LOT. It's impressive because I'm a small fish on the scale of clients/revenue.
3) Willingness to take requests and work on solutions that aren't yet available in the core software currently

Cons

Some things are in the works (app, ResortLock integration, insurance integration, but they're all on the near horizon (end of the year/Q1 of 2018). I can wait. I just want to make sure I'm on the best platform that adapts with the times, and from my research there's many software solutions that do vacation rental management well, but I think Orbirental is the most adaptible/growth-centric, and that will be valuable to have as new features and more efficient methods of automation are created in the future.

Andrei Antonio

• Customer Support Software

Solid, Great user experience and amazing customer support team

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

I have been using Hostfully for more than 1 year now, moving here from Vreasy.

I've found Hostfully easy to use, with a great onboarding process, offering a solid PMS with a built-in channel manager.

The team is great,knowledgeable and quick to respond to any question so you definitely feel taken care of.

The Guidebook is great to focus on guest experience and differentiate yourself from the market competitors and with a solid APP center, you have all of the features needed and add ons to ensure you can optimize everything around your vacation rental business.

Pros

Easiness of onboarding and autonomy during the process
Solid PMS with all needed features and great user experience.
The app center offers a lot of add-ons to add value to your business and it's all integrated in the core Hostfully products

Cons

We have not found a lot of cons with Hostfully... There have been some bugs, but very few and not critical which have always been resolved quickly.

Jennifer

It's helped a ton

Reviewed on 8/31/2022

I like it but feel like I haven't had the chance to use it to it's full potential b/c of how long it takes to get used to ALL it's features. I'm a bit frustrated at some of the automated messaging that I don't have control over!

Pros

-automation organizing the calendar between multiple OTAs and my direct booking
-ease of integrations to get up and going quickly such as pricelabs
-customer service via messenger is really great! I have to say I've had to contact them A LOT trying to get used to the software but they always have the right article to send me to figure out my problem.

Cons

-the massive learning curve it takes to get used to the software
-I feel like it's not very intuitive and it's very complicating to get used to it!
-no customer service call line!
-FIX THE ISSUES WITH VRBO!!!! It's very frustrating that Airbnb and other OTA stuff does so well with messaging but I'm STILL having to communicate with VRBO guests directly on the OTA. It would be REALLY nice if you guys could get that fixed!

Celia

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Good integration, simple overview, outstanding customer service. Costly in time and investment if you only have four properties, likely a better investment for those managing more than four properties.

Pros

The customer service and support is first rate. Great attitude from everyone.

Cons

Too a lot of time to get set up initially. I only have four properties so that was a significant amount of time for the return. VRBO is one of my main platforms and it integrates but since integration we get far less bookings from VRBO. Continue to have a payment issue as a lot of US and non European payment cards don't meet new European improvements in card security, so annoying we can't always get payments and have time consuming operation to track this and get money from people. There are work around but it limits the use of Hostfully. No mobile app version.

Elizabeth

MY MUST HAVEr

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

I have used the help feature a lot in the last 6 months and have been so impressed with the increase level of service which is undoubtedly the most important feature of any system.

Pros

I like the ease of operation of the software. All analysis and information is easily gleaned from the bookings imported into the system.

Cons

I would like to see the language and country options a little more flexible for currencies.

• Customer Support Software

Buggy software with no customer support - high business risk

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

Pros

I like the concept of some of the *advertised* features of the software - direct API connections with Top 4 platforms + a booking widget for your website + the price seemed reasonable.

Cons

You have to set it up yourself. Documentation is dated and poorly written. I managed to get a couple of my Airbnb listings connected BUT the calendar was not syncing properly. I then asked Orbi to do a set up for me - which they agreed to, for a fee. Then the bugs started:
- calendar was not syncing properly still - took days to fix that
- I had 2 listings in Airbnb which were "linked" (same property). Orbi "linked" them in their system and the link didn't work and I had 3 double-bookings
- Orbi forgot to sync my HomeAway calendar
- two of my Airbnb listings kept showing up as "Rejected" in Airbnb platform. Orbi would't help to figure it out, Air kept saying it's Orbi's issue
- cancelled Air bookings would not "cancel" in Orbi and continue to block my calendar

You would think if you are a startup and have buggy software you'd try to compensate with strong customer support. Not in this case. On average, as others have mentioned, it is 3-4 days to get a response and they act as they are doing you a favor. CEO himself is often answering customer support questions (to me, it indicates lack of systems in place). When I alluded to the fact that their response time is too long - that's the answer I got from the CEO: "As you know, we're a small startup and we also try to enjoy our weekends". Is it a joke? You have paying customers with tons of outstanding tickets some of which require immediate attention and you are concerned about enjoying your weekends? Good luck.

Response from Orbirental

This is a fake review and has been reported to Capterra for removal.

Manish

Perfect Solution to manage a Vacation Rental Business

Reviewed on 2/23/2017

I was introduced to Orbirental by our Director who runs a vacation rental business. We had some tough time before, managing multiple lists and schedules - keeping track of the overall business. I got on with the software very quickly for its simplicity and had all data under my fingertips instantly. More importantly, we could invite other agents, sync calendars and prices from some of the top rental sites such as Airbnb and Homeaway. Even had frequent upgrades and other software tools which has made our lives convenient.

My Director later on was so impressed we had rebuilt our website through them. Customer interaction is excellent through instant messages or email.

Highly recommended!!

Pros

Simple, Property details can be updated easily and syncing data is faster

Todd

Hostfully Review

Reviewed on 8/30/2022

Pros

Guidebook integration with PMS, Reservation management.

Cons

No mobile app, loads slowly, interface for altering/adding properties is frustrating

Josh

• Customer Support Software

Hostfully met our needs at a very reasonable price

Reviewed on 9/14/2021

Pros

It had all the features we needed at a very reasonable price and was quick and relatively easy to implement.

Cons

It did not have built in trust accounting, but we did not need that.

Anson

Just what is needed

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Pros

The software is built with the small VR manager in mind. It is easy to use with a great interface. Support is amazing.

Cons

Some aspects are US-centric and do not apply to European users.

Lila

GOOD OPTION TO START WITH A PMS

Reviewed on 5/7/2021

Pros

The thing that we love the most is the calendar layout you can see all your properties and a monthly calendar with all your reservations

Cons

They need to make an update in some areas and some things are very hard to work with.
And also they don't have very good customer service

Angel

• Customer Support Software

Good software but needs lots of improvement

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Triggers for cleaners not working, guest messaging is a mess and not able to use, triggers for check in instructions don't always work. Integration with VRBO is not smooth.

Pros

I like the ease of having all My calendars in 1 place.

Cons

There are a lot of glitches and you have to constantly be checking to make sure the triggers for cleaners and guests are working. My assistant spends at least 4 hours a day inside hostfully making sure everything is running smoothly.

Hostaway

I outgrew the aoftware

Thought has more features
Debbie
  • Industry: Human Resources

Director of Operations

Reviewed on 11/15/2022

Pros

The software is user friendly. The reports are great.

Cons

Learning more about the features now, but find the support teams are great.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Great, easy to use program for vacation property managers and hotels

Reviewed on 9/8/2017

It helps manage my hotel operations.

Pros

Ease of use and partnership and integration with other useful programs/companies. Orbirental customer support is great and always responsive.

Cons

No phone app yet. Some features not available yet but are in the works include more calendar options.