Smoobu

4.6/5

Lisa

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

the booking tool for our wordpress website.
Allan

Tokeet to Smoobu

Reviewed on 3/15/2021

Overall, our experience has been great. We have lost a couple of features, however what we have gained far outweighs this.
Customer support also very kindly offered to import existing direct bookings which was very helpful.

Pros

The features that drew us to Smoobu were the automated messaging, Igloohome integration, the guest guide/portal and the additional option selling.

Cons

I would say the only negative point we have so far is the handling/recording of invoices.
Payments need to be recorded manually, whereas Tokeet would handle this automatically and made it very easy to schedule invoices, and track sent, outstanding and paid invoices.

Guesty and eviivo

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

To improve integration with third party services, improve our automation functionality and provide a better customer experience for our guests.

Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Price was the main motivation, as I feel Smoobu provides the best level of functionality in the price bracket.
Jason
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Avoid....caused me a load of extra work.

Reviewed on 10/24/2019

Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.

Pros

The idea is great but it doesn't work in practice. There are better alternatives.

Cons

Smoobu was a disaster for me. Using Sboobu cuts you off from using the portals (Airbnb, Agoda, Tripadvisor etc). You are actually blocked from using the portal platforms & must only update listings & bookings on the Smoobu platform. You can't even access the calendars anymore.

You can no longer communicate with guests through portals, only through Smoobu. The worst thing is, if you have any blocked dates in the portal calendars they are ignored by Smoobu & then deleted on the portal. Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu.

It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless. They have no training, they are rude & don't understand the platform. AVOID! The set up is too time consuming.

Response from Smoobu

Hi there!
Let me say sorry for your bad experience first of all.
We tried to do our best supporting you in the setup. Airbnb blocks some functionality on their side, which then you can access through Smoobu directly. In the end this is the central point of a channel management system. The other portals are not blocked. They remain exactly the way they were before connecting. So you can work on both ends. I looked at the support cases and we did not have a chance to help you out as you had already started disconnecting once we were coming in. So I am happy to give it a new chance to show you how the system actually works as addressed in several messages.
Best regards

Andrew

• Customer Support Software

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

Reviewed on 1/31/2020

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

Criscia

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Reviewed on 8/31/2020

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Guesty

Response from Smoobu

Dear Criscia,
thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2
Best

Janette

Smoobu is the best

Reviewed on 9/16/2021

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

Nico

• Customer Support Software

Best channel manager in this price category

Reviewed on 12/27/2021

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio.
We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years.
It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing.
The subscription is very reasonable too.
They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface.
This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

Gerry

• Customer Support Software

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017

It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly designed. The customer service was awful, you had to either send an email and wait for a reply or make an appointment sometime in the future to get a call back (that often just didn't happen). I was going crazy and about to give up on finding something that worked. Then I found Smoobu. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they had a telephone number. Just out of curiosity I called (expecting a voicemail saying they were closed). Much to my surprise a human being answered. I was up and running within hours. A connection that with a previous company had taken 3 weeks took them 2 minutes. Yes I know, unbelievable. No more stress. No more feelings of isolation. No more double bookings (and being told it was somehow my fault). I am now relaxed and happy and growing my business. And concentrating on my guests. I really feel like I have found a business partner who cares about me and is part of my success.

Tara

• Customer Support Software

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

Reviewed on 4/13/2020

We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

Paolo

• Customer Support Software

I would definitely recommend it

Reviewed on 5/28/2020

Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page.
There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered.
The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly.
I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk.
In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

Luana

Extremely helpful and intuitive

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

Amazing.

Pros

I started using Smoobu back when it was really small and sort of beta version and liked it from the getgo. In the meantime they have improved and expanded so much and i am truly happy for them because what they offer is a high quality product. The platform is easy to use,intuitive and responsive,easily accessible on all devices. The customer service is fast and helpful. Already converted many of my colleagues into clients and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tool that helps organise your hospitality small business.

Cons

The color palette for the website,perhaps.

Milan

• Customer Support Software

Good for starting up cheap with a helpful channel manager

Reviewed on 7/22/2022

Pros

Very good reporting and easy to connect channels.

Cons

Guest App did not develop, no team management.

Lodgify

Cheaper alternative.
Antonios

• Customer Support Software

Friendliness of use and functionality

Reviewed on 10/26/2020

Smoobu is evolving and staying on top of its game. There was never an issue not solved and very important Smoobu team delivered what they promised. After being with Smoobu for almost 4 years I can say I'm happy especially with their friendly contact and professional support.

Pros

User friendly
Quick synchronization
Product support

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Therw is limitations on the software that you find with all. Canner managers.

Response from Smoobu

Very happy to read that you are enjoying our system. Please feel free to let us know about the limitations. Even if these account fro all channel managers :)

Hayley

Great platform!

Reviewed on 11/30/2021

We are using Smoobu since 3 years and are very happy with the platform and the great and fast support. Thanks for the great work.

Pros

The calendar function is so useful during busy times and the automatic messages make life super easy once set up.

Cons

The only thing i would change is being able to view past bookings in the calendar view rather than having to select 'month view' wnen using the app on my phone

Krista

• Customer Support Software

Excellent resource for syncing calendars and interfacing with website

Reviewed on 11/14/2021

My overall experience with Smoobu was excellent.

Pros

The feature that was most impactful is the ability to sync calendars from Airnbn, VRBO onto one calendar that was used to interface on my personal website for my short term rental property. Very good value for the functionality and service provided. Excellent customer service. All questions were answered in timely, clear and helpful manner.

Cons

There were a couple of times when I needed to contact Smoobu as canceled reservations on Airbnb do not automatically clear on the Smoobu system. Once I realized it was necessary to double check my main calendar after a guest canceled, it wasn't a problem.

Jürgen
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

fresh and modern design, easy to use

Reviewed on 3/24/2021

I don't own a hotel. But can look just as professional as a hotel manager with a single vacation rental.

Pros

As a single user, I need a simple application that will manage all of my channels. With smoobu, I can do this on the PC, on the tablet and even on the go with my smartphone. Fast communication with the guests on all my channels, creating and sending invoices that was a horror without smoobu.
The new design is very good. Everyone I show this to is delighted.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the software. I want to make my own decisions at certain points and that works well. There could be more experiences in the guest app, but that's not a software problem.

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Quick to set up & easy to use channel manager

Reviewed on 6/29/2021

We have found Smoobu to be a great platform for managing bookings across multiple platforms for our serviced accommodation. Currently we have just the one unit but we are adding more and Smoobu will become an increasingly important part of our operation. Support and customer service has been good.

Pros

Quick to set up
Good support

Cons

The website provided with the package is a basic and restricted in terms of page templates and design but it does provide the essential functionality you would need to get up and running. Longer term you will probably need to integrate the Smoobu functionality with a custom built website.

Eric

COVID proaction/ease of use

Reviewed on 9/2/2020

Wonderful entrepreneurs looking to work with all customers.

Pros

Ease of use and when COVID hit the top three global companies taking proaction to help the customer.

Cons

So minor, and so American, lol. Would be great to have option for date format choice with month first for us thick headed Americans.

Response from Smoobu

Hi Eric,
thanks for your review :) You should able to change your date formats in the account settings.
Best

Jason
  • Industry: Sports

Jason Fry

Reviewed on 3/16/2021

A great experience.

Pros

In expensive and very easy to use. Great customer service also, when needed.

Cons

Nothing, all was great, I was very happy with the software.

Sara
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Makes business easy

Reviewed on 4/25/2020

Pros

Les Camelias is a small B&B business. Prior to using Smoobu it took a lot of time to manage our availability across different booking sites. Since using Smoobu our work load has reduced considerably. It is so easy to install and implement.

Cons

At present we have not encountered any issues with Smoobu.

MARGARET

• Customer Support Software

A MUST for any company wanting to expand

Reviewed on 4/20/2020

5 star

Pros

This software is so easy to use and allowed me to multi market properties over several platforms with ease, I have been able to set prices within seconds develop my own web page and app. The software is so easy to use and help is on hand if needed

Cons

I must admit there is nothing I don’t like about this software... it ticks all the boxes and they are adding new features monthly to fill the demands of this constantly changing industry

Francesco

Excellent channel manager

Reviewed on 8/26/2019

It helps me every day setting and managing alla my channels. I couldn't work so fast without it now.

Pros

It's easy to use, fast responsive and I can do everything in mobility with my mobile phone.

Cons

Nothing! I'm 100% satisfied. I think that the they have thought everything is necessary

Gianluca

Vero excellent

Reviewed on 6/19/2021

Pros

Work good and very simple to use… mobile versione And excellent integrations with ota and partner software

Cons

Easy use and good integrations with other apps..

stefano
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

Smoobu rather than another one I had

Reviewed on 1/8/2020

Pros

Quality/Price ratio is good! Offers all necessary tools to control more than one property. Quite an interesting interface.

Cons

The calendar could be better in presenting the situation with more pop up info like who is renting, how many and rent.
I have not been able to quickly understand how to set up a website for direct reservations.. may be my bad

Response from Smoobu

Hi Stefano,
I am sure we will be able to help you out regarding your own website and direct bookings. Will be working on making cockpit and calendar even more user friendly :)
Cheers
philipp

Vlasios

Tourist villas user

Reviewed on 2/25/2022

Excellent work tool and really good support

Pros

For me who manages tourist villas in Greece is the most productive tool. Easy, fast, and economical. I recommend it.

Cons

More developments to connect all the possible online travel channels