Smoobu

Customer Support Software

Lisa

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Reviewed on 2021-06-10

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

the booking tool for our wordpress website.
Ana

• Customer Support Software

strongly recommended for professional hosts

Reviewed on 2023-05-15

Pros

I've been using Smoobu for over 2 years now, and I've got to say, their customer service is top-notch. Talking to real people instead of bots is a nice touch. They're quick to respond and always helpful.The host solution is a game changer, making it so much easier to manage my property across multiple sites. It saves me from double bookings and lets me adjust rates and availability all at once. Plus, the automated messages and website creation are a big help.I really like the financial stats feature, it gives me a quick look at my earnings across different platforms. The dashboard's cool too.

Cons

It'd be great if the financial stats could factor in the commissions from the different platforms. I know it's a big ask, given the different commission rates, but it would be a helpful addition. I would also have an ability to block individual apartments leaving the entire property open for bookings by groups.

Heidi

• Customer Support Software

This product is geared towards Europeans

Reviewed on 2021-04-16

I have had a terrible experience with Smoobu and do not recommend this product to anyone

Pros

The guest app was a nice feature. This product was less expensive than others

Cons

The customer service for this product is terrible. It is difficult to speak to anyone by phone and if you are able to finally get through it has to be during European hours so if you can't talk first thing in the morning you are out of luck. Many features on the included booking website are geared towards Europeans and cannot be fixed. For example, Sq meters instead of sq ft, the format for the date is day/month/year, the website has the word domicile as a tab which should say home but they have yet to fix, I never could get the website to work properly for direct bookings (whenever I tried certain dates it said that those dates weren't open even though they were). I also could not get PayPal to work with the booking website and when I asked customer service for help with they asked me to send them a screenshot of the problem (that's usually what they wanted for everything). Lastly, the most frustrating thing about this program is that after the free trial I decided to pay for a year upfront and now that I have discovered how much I don't like the program and want to cancel they won't give me a prorated refund.

Response from Smoobu

Hi heidi,
thanks for your feedback. Let me apologize for your experience. We are a Europe based company, indeed. We are still adapting some minor issues for the US market (exactly these 2), but we have +1000 happy clients in the US already.
The PayPal issue that you were having must be a setup issue, happy to get it fixed with you. The fact that you did not have any days available were because you had not yet set your prices. No prices = no availability.
Indeed we do not pro rate refunds. You had the choice to opt in for the monthly subscription, no questions asked. Plus you had a 14 day trial without any obligations whatsoever.
Happy to hear your thoughts.
Best regards

Andrew

• Customer Support Software

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

Reviewed on 2020-01-31

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

Criscia

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2020-08-31

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Guesty

Response from Smoobu

Dear Criscia,
thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2
Best

Boris
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

The best part of smoobu, by far: its customer service

Reviewed on 2023-08-01

We manage all bookings of our three holiday rentals in Smoobu, as well as communication with our guests. We also use Smoobu as a channel manager, to coordinate our bookings with the ones we receive from Airbnb.

Pros

While the features of smoobu are all we need, their customer service is just out of this world. Since smoobu is really stable (well-coded I guess), we don't need their help all too often. However, when we do, we get a.) competent and b.) quick replies, every single time.

Cons

Not much, maybe just the fact that they recently increased their prices and for us it made quite a difference. We've been using Smoobu since 2018 and we were used to their legacy prices

Janette

Smoobu is the best

Reviewed on 2021-09-16

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

Nico

• Customer Support Software

Best channel manager in this price category

Reviewed on 2021-12-27

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio.
We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years.
It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing.
The subscription is very reasonable too.
They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface.
This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

tamir
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good software. It is possible to make it excellent software

Reviewed on 2020-02-05

Overall convenient and friendly software. In my opinion with some other functions like the ones I mentioned it can turn from good software into excellent software.
It is important for me to add that there are similar software to this one at lower prices and at more expensive prices. In my country the average monthly software cost ranges around 50 euros. If you were able to connect a credit company that works with Israel and flexibility along with invoice automation, I have no doubt that I would recommend many to switch to this software.

Pros

The interface is convenient from any computer and mobile phone

Cons

1.There is no clear place to see a customer payment status.
2. In my country the software cannot connect to a credit card so I need to use more software.
3. If I want to issue a concentrated invoice at the end of a month to a supplier that sends customers to me it is problematic. That is, it is not possible to open a clean invoice and associate it with customers that I had this month.

Milan

• Customer Support Software

Good for starting up cheap with a helpful channel manager

Reviewed on 2022-07-22

Pros

Very good reporting and easy to connect channels.

Cons

Guest App did not develop, no team management.

Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Cheaper alternative.
Petra

Smoobu just works

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Kenneth

Intuitive to use - Great support

Reviewed on 2021-04-29

The multiple functions it offers eg communication templates, automated messaging make admin much easier. Although intuitive to use there are sometimes glitches (probably mostly self inflicted) but support is great.

Pros

I have been using Smoobu for around 4 years. I started off with 4 rentals and now manage 10 and couldn’t do this effectively without this application. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and the team are quick to help and resolve issues that crop up from time to time.

Cons

I cannot set up multiple season rates with intelligent pricing (discounting longer stays)

Tara
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

Reviewed on 2020-04-13

We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

Antonios

• Customer Support Software

Friendliness of use and functionality

Reviewed on 2020-10-26

Smoobu is evolving and staying on top of its game. There was never an issue not solved and very important Smoobu team delivered what they promised. After being with Smoobu for almost 4 years I can say I'm happy especially with their friendly contact and professional support.

Pros

User friendly
Quick synchronization
Product support

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Therw is limitations on the software that you find with all. Canner managers.

Response from Smoobu

Very happy to read that you are enjoying our system. Please feel free to let us know about the limitations. Even if these account fro all channel managers :)

Ozan Kemal
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Smoobu offers practical reservation management solutions

Reviewed on 2022-09-24

Pros

Smoobu has by far the most practical reservation management system in the market when compared with other alternatives.

Cons

They should release a new version of Smoobu where it has more etensive features about reservation management.

Oscar

Very happy with Smoobu

Reviewed on 2022-11-09

Highly recommended, it has made my life a lot easier and the value is just great.

Pros

The integration with other travel agencies was seamless, the platform was very user-friendly, and their customer service department immediately provided feedback if there were any questions.

Cons

I feel that I'm under-utilizing all of the software's tools for lack of information on all of its features.

Kathryn

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2023-02-03

I enjoy using Smoobu a lot, it’s very clearly laid out and easy to use. I don’t often need help as the product itself is very intuitive, but I am also very impressed with the customer service. Every time I have contacted them, they have been helpful, communicative and proactive.

Pros

Smoobu is very intuitive and easy to use even for someone with no prior experience of tools like this. The customer service and support is also excellent.

Cons

The cost has increased significantly in 2023 although it is still competitively priced compared to similar tools.

Response from Smoobu

Thank you so much for your trust, Kathryn. Your satisfaction with our services makes us very thrilled. Your review is greatly appreciated, and we hope to be of assistance again soon!

Edgar

Too many bugs

Reviewed on 2023-01-07

Pros

Intuitive to setup and useApp for mobile Analytics

Cons

Too many bugsNew errors - developers make changes on running systemsDouble bookings occur - not usable as channel managerIntegration with payment service buggy, especially paypal did not work

Response from Smoobu

Hi Edgar, Sorry to hear! We have no tickets about this and want to help. Please do email us at [email protected]
Leaving a review is not the first point of call for assistance, we must recommend our support channels for this. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kim
  • Industry: Sports

Comprehensive Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2021-06-11

I have been using Smoobu for over 8 months now and our entire family is very happy to be able to use it. We all use it pretty much daily to mainly accept reservations and coordinate check-ins and check-outs.

Pros

Using Smoobu was an absolute game changer for us. Being able to adjust prices and reservations once and apply them automatically to all the different platforms on which our properties are listed saves as a huge amount of work plus it provides a great overview of the reservations of all properties in one place.

Cons

Connecting the calendar with some specific portals was a bit difficult, which mainly has to do with the technical expertise of the portals though.
The payment system integrated in our website works great. It would be helpful to be able to include different bank accounts for different properties though.

Eric

COVID proaction/ease of use

Reviewed on 2020-09-02

Wonderful entrepreneurs looking to work with all customers.

Wonderful entrepreneurs looking to work with all customers.

Pros

Ease of use and when COVID hit the top three global companies taking proaction to help the customer.

Cons

So minor, and so American, lol. Would be great to have option for date format choice with month first for us thick headed Americans.

Response from Smoobu

Hi Eric,
thanks for your review :) You should able to change your date formats in the account settings.
Best

Double bookings solved
Pricing on multiple platforms solved

Double bookings solved
Pricing on multiple platforms solved

Pros

ease of use
Functionality
Clear
Statistics

Cons

Would like to use it as an app rather than having to log in via a search engine

Francisco

Morros del Pacifico

Reviewed on 2019-09-16

I decrease to ´´cero´´ duplicate reservations.
Very easy to administrate, very simple and friendly.

I decrease to ´´cero´´ duplicate reservations.
Very easy to administrate, very simple and friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use
Mobile app very simple and friendly
I can easily administrate all your booking without duplicate reservations

Cons

Difficult to synchronize all the option with airbnb and booking.

There are some special options from Airbnb or booking that you cant set.

Response from Smoobu

Hi Francisco,
thanks for your review. Unfortunately, all portals work a bit different. But I promise we are working on making the user experience even better. Happy to receive your detailed feedback on how we can improve!
Best regards
Philipp from Smoobu

Matthew
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The reason we didn't use Smoobu

Reviewed on 2021-02-18

Pros

The customer service was by far the best thing out of any PMS apps we used
-Super easy to use
-Has every feature other apps have and more.
-Even a guest book

Listen there is only one reason we didn't continue to use it and it was because it doesn't have A.I. Messaging or task managing for cleaners.

Cons

They need to add auto messaging. That's the only reason we left. When you have a great auto msging service we will come back, but every app needs that feature especially if you have many properties and its the busy season of 100 inquiries/questions.

Response from Smoobu

Hi Matthew,
we do have a lot of auto messaging features. As well for guests as for cleaners.
We also have basic task management functionality plus integrations with properly, turnoverbnb, vrscheduler, doinn and others.
Not sure if you have missed those or of you are talking about a different topic.
Let us know

Henrik

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use booking software

Reviewed on 2020-02-04

We lease out several cabins, and smoobu helps us keep price parity across several OTAs, and we have all communication with our guests in one platform. It also keeps all our places easy viewable in in one place.
Customer service is swift in replies if we have any questions, and they are great at developing new features.

Pros

Many integrations with OTAs such as Airbnb, Booking.com and many more.
Cheap

Cons

Missing revenue management module to control prices easily. They do have a price management module, but its awkward to use. I´ve solved this with integration towards pricelabs.

MARGARET

• Customer Support Software

A MUST for any company wanting to expand

Reviewed on 2020-04-20

5 star

5 star

Pros

This software is so easy to use and allowed me to multi market properties over several platforms with ease, I have been able to set prices within seconds develop my own web page and app. The software is so easy to use and help is on hand if needed

Cons

I must admit there is nothing I don’t like about this software... it ticks all the boxes and they are adding new features monthly to fill the demands of this constantly changing industry