MailBird

Email management software to synchronize communications

4.5/5

292 Software options

Jeremy M.

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

Reviewed on 2020-05-25

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Masturah D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

All my email in one place

Reviewed on 2021-08-17

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Adrian L.

• Customer Support Software

It's great to have options

Reviewed on 2019-06-24

I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.

After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.

Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion.

I have nothing but love for the underdog.

Pros

+ Not made by Microsoft

+ Beautiful interface
+ Intuitive
+ Customisable

Cons

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available)
- Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Wendy N.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my...

Reviewed on 2018-07-14

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Brad A.
  • Industry: Photography

Support VERY BAD

Reviewed on 2019-11-20

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer.

I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.

Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Josemaria G.

• Customer Support Software

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Reviewed on 2018-06-28

Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works!

Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Pros

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac.

Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird.

The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time."

Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Cons

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?)

The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Christian P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Nicholas V.
  • Industry: Research

One of the best clients on Windows

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

I've tried a number of clients before settling with this one. I heard Thunderbird is among the most popular, but it's nothing compared to Mailbird. I love using it.

Pros

Linking different e-mails is easy, as is sending from different e-mails. The search availability is useful, and I like how it displays your most recent search history. It has also a friendly interface - not too cluttered, but not over simplified either.

Cons

With the updated availability to review Google Sheets/docs directly in the e-mail, this limits my ability to multi-task, i.e., I cannot review other e-mails while viewing a Google Sheets document. I find myself often copying the link and then pasting it in my browser instead, because there's currently no way to 'opt out' of this option.
I would like to be able to categorize my 'starred' emails.
The availability to access your two most recent searches, rather than one, would make it more useful.

Adem W.
  • Industry: Legal Services

All emails in one place

Reviewed on 2020-04-06

Since I use mailbird managing multiple emails is not a problem, since everything is centralized in one place, this email manager is ideal for people who continuously work with multiple email accounts.

Pros

You can sort all emails in one place; it has an intuitive and customizable interface. Notifications are instantly, and it has a sound that is not annoying, I can add any type of email. I like that I can create folders from multiple categories, such as accounts, spam, updates, among others.

Cons

Something I don't like is that you can't create account categories, you can only stack email categories.

Stéphanie G.

My favorite Email Client

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

I just love Mailbird :) I won't be flying away any time soon.

Pros

I love the fact that I could buy it instead of 'renting' it, like some of the software we see these days. Also, it was easy to add up to 10 email addresses. Also, their customer service is top notch when you have problems.

Cons

Maybe just the 10 email limit since I use more than that. But it's already great since most clients don't let you add 10.

Jason H.

• Customer Support Software

Mailbird is my favorite mail client of all time

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

It's shockingly hard to find a good mail client with a modern UI that doesn't have some super silly limitation or charge a monthly fee. Very glad to have found Mailbird.

Pros

It's got an extremely good looking and customizable UI. It gets my email. I was able to pay for a lifetime license, so I own the email client and won't have it yoinked just because I don't want to pay for a given month. I HATE the monthly software-leasing model, especially when no service is provided! It's a client, it's run on my machine, and using the servers of my email providers. No monthly fee is appropriate. Anyway, this is a good client.

Cons

That it does not run on MacOS. I am forced to use Spark on Mac and iOS, and it's okay, but it's kind of buggy and a lot less customizable, and I wish I could use Mailbird instead!

Krishna R.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

Best alternative for microsoft outlook on windows

Reviewed on 2019-02-03

Works very well for all the email boxes just works fine for every email box

Pros

I was impressed with the free version and bought the pro version the UI is very impressive when compared to Microsoft default mailbox, works very well with all types services. sync works very well, notifications work very well.

Cons

Not much of things lacking here so nothing much to talk about it here.

• Customer Support Software

Mailbird is easy to use email client with many integrations

Reviewed on 2020-01-12

This is our go to stand alone email client to use multiple email accounts in one place. It is easy to setup and integrates with everything under the sun...

Pros

Mailbird is easy to use email client with many integrations that allows us to use multiple email accounts in one unified mailbox.

Cons

Mailbird can integrate with all kinds of social media account and other stuff that is can be overwhelming.

Kristen M.

• Customer Support Software

Overall, great experience. Very few changes that need to be made.

Reviewed on 2018-07-12

Managing multiple emails accounts from google and from go-daddy. Plus the link to outside accounts such as Asana and Google doc.

Pros

So many to list, I guess the most important are the Unified Account, the color coding of files, the link to Asana and Google, and the customer service.

Cons

My ONLY con when dealing with Mailbird is the way folders are created. I'd like to be able to just right click on the folder area and add a fold instead of having to go through a process. I create a LOT of folder to stay organized in 5 different email accounts.

Timothy G.

Amazing Email Client, Finally

Reviewed on 2019-05-28

Pros

The software is very easy to use, has intuitive UI features, and is an excellent value for the money. This is the simple yet feature-packed email client everyone needs to have!

Cons

It would be great to have signatures and client settings sync to the cloud so that changes are reflected across all devices with the client. I would even pay for the feature.

Jhani C.

• Customer Support Software

Best money I have ever spent on software

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

Having my work and personal email in one place make everything much more manageable. It is easy to use and increases my efficiency, making me more productive.

Pros

All your email accounts in one place (from different providers).
The attachment search is very helpful.
The add-ons (e.g. calendar and Whatsapp) enhances the product.

Cons

Searching can be better.
Can be memory heavy in some cases.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Best Mail App I've used

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

Very positive. Customer support was also excellent, responded quickly to any queries I had.

Pros

How stable it is when using multiple mail providers; so many times with outlook my OST files would get corrupted and I would have to set them up again
Better looking and more functionality than windows mail.
Can easily copy account settings between different clients if need to set them up on various PCs

Cons

That it can only handle a limited number of google log ons, but I suspect that is a google account limitation rather than mailbird - and you can get around this by using Username / password log on instead of google authentication

Tania M.

• Customer Support Software

Using it for some time, now!

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Easy configuration of accounts and settings. Nice Apps integration.

Pros

Love the possibility to integrate the Apps I use most into this software. Being able to have Dropbox, Asana, Trello, Todoinst, Facebook and others in just one place is time-saving and I love it.

Cons

Reception of "standard" messages from customer support when submitting queries, that's off-putting. Also, the inability to categorize messages. I would like to be able to mark messages (colour codes, for example), putting them labels.

Jonathan S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Unnecessarily Complicated

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

Pros

Overall, pretty normal email client and roughly the same as outlook - so I am used to that so I don't have to relearn things.

Cons

I bought a lifetime license a couple of years ago. What I don't like is how can be unnecessarily complicated. For example, sorting emails by sender seems impossible and performing a search doesn't give me exactly what I want. And today I tried to add a cc to an email to which I was replying. Should be simple, right? I couldn't figure it out. Who wants to spend ten minutes trying to do what should be less than a second? And while the updates have become less frequent, but it seemed like a continuous, annoying thing at some point.,

• Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Best email software I've ever seen

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

Makes it so easy to check email, my calendar, etc all in one place at one time.

Pros

I love having all my email accounts visible in one place. It also allows me to separate them out if I need to focus on one. I love that it pairs with many of the apps I use such as my calendar, Twitter, ToDoist, etc. Makes it so easy to check email, my calendar, etc all in one place at one time.

Cons

I wish it could play video from Twitter through the app.

David D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, good value for money

Reviewed on 2019-06-04

I use it myself and recommend it to colleagues and customers.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the fact I can view my Google Calendar on the same screen and the signature feature is great to create that professional image

Cons

I miss the ability to create filter to automatically sort my mail.

Max M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

WORKS GREAT

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

Very happy with Mailbird.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service. Bargain price for quality product. Works better than Outlook with third party email accounts.

Cons

Don't like how it separates folders for different email accounts. Wish there was a way to combine them.

Paul E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great mail aggregator

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

Overall it's a neat product that helps me stay organized and on-top of my email. Oh, I'd love a phone app as well!

Pros

I like the customization very much. I like its dependability as well.

Cons

I don't understand why you don't have "tab" functionality yet within the app. It seems to me that this is a very easy addition, but I don't know that much about programming! I've asked for this feature for a while now and it would be a HUGE help.

Fotis Y.

• Customer Support Software

A good looking alternative to windows default e-mail

Reviewed on 2020-03-07

Pros

Mailbird is a good looking app, with themes integrated, there is also a dark theme. You can add many different accounts. You can customize almost anything - there is an option for it. Support is very fast and helpful. Got a lifetime license at a fair price, getting updates all the time and the team behind the project is developing it actively.

Cons

No cons or recommendations so far, after many months of usage.

Kimary M.

• Customer Support Software

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to...

Reviewed on 2019-06-19

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Pros

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Cons

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.