Field service enablement for HVAC, plumbing & electrical

4.6 /5 (50 reviews) Write a Review!

Ryan G.

Excellent On-Boarding & Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-01-19

SmartServ has given the best customer service that I have seen from any company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are always ready to answer any questions that I have to get me moving on my next idea. They have been able to implement some of my ideas helping my business flow that much better.

Pros

The ability to have all job information in one place has changed everything for us, no longer having to look around through 3 different programs to find everything. We have been able to custom make checklists to keep track of progress on each project. All of our safety forms & any others have been digitized for us and entered into SmartServ for us to use at any point. The integration for us was very easy, if there was any discrepancies I was able to bring them up and they were fixed or I was given a solution very quickly.

Cons

There is a few small issues with how the app loads, a quick refresh solves most of these problems.

Sheryl P.

• Customer Support Software

I am unhappy with the way that when you click on something the wheel just spins and spins.

Reviewed on 2018-03-26

Pros

I like the schedular and how you can see the individual appts per tech. Scheduling or creating a ticket is easy.

Cons

Everything works pretty good, except when you save something and you want to go back in a ticket, it makes you type the ticket # again . Also the times when the wheel just spins and spins is always when I have a customer on the line and I have to call them back when system is up again. This happens everyday and is very annoying. When I set my group in the schedular, it changes when I do different tasks, I would like it to stay where I set it in the morning and stay that way unless I manually change it.

Daniel S.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

Customer management and scheduling has improved. Details are more readily available. Efficiency has improved.

Pros

The software is very thorough and has many features that are crucial for efficiency and productivity. We are very pleased so far and enjoy the awesome customer service that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has provided since the on boarding process.

Cons

There are still a few things in testing but that was to be expected.

Michelle M.

SmartServ Conversion

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

The conversion process was a challenge due to our old system didn't convert a lot of the information into SmartServ due to the platform it is built on. We had some challenges with the syncing of SmartServ and QuickBooks, and have those all worked out! SmartServ support has been awesome - The support staff is GREAT. She responds quickly to our questions or concerns!

Pros

SmartServ is very user friendly. I like that you can search by customer name, address, and ticket numbers.

Cons

The layout of the invoices is probably what we like least. We're working with SmartServ support to revise the layout to better serve our customers. We'd also like to know as soon as we pull up a customer whether it be on the web version or the iPads, if a customer is a Service Agreement Customer. It shows an ! and then you can hover over that for the information, however, if they were a different color when we pulled them up, it would be known instantly that they were on the silver plan, gold plan, etc. This would help with making sure the technicians billed the customer properly and that the customers received the correct discount!

Dan T.

Powerful software

Reviewed on 2019-12-23

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Smartserv has made this transition as easy as possible. He is always responsive when we call and checks in on us regularly when we don't call. We are very happy with our decision to switch to Smarserv. The customer service has been outstanding starting with our first sales call to implementation.

Pros

We like the ease of accessing the data. We schedule jobs for field technicians and need to have the customer information available quickly. The software stores job history for every customer allowing my technicians to take pictures, make notes, and request parts that are all relayed in real time to our office. Having a complete history of each customer allows my techs to be more prepared and more efficient when walking into a house.

Cons

I have not used the software long enough to find anything negative. The software is so much more powerful than what we are used to. I wish we had made the change sooner.

Bojan R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Experience with SmarServ

Reviewed on 2021-02-05

Overall experience with SmarServ was great and I would recommend their product to any small to medium size company that is looking to improve/develop CRM for their business. SmartServ is very easy to use and deploy. SmartServ also has a variety of features and they are working every day to improve on the existing features as well as to develop new ones. I look forward to seeing what else is on the horizon.

Pros

SmartServ customer support during and after implementation was the most valuable. SmartServ onboarding managers were with me every step of the way to help me understand and all the aspects of the software. I also appreciate SmartServ flexibility and ability to customize some of the features to our specific needs.

Cons

I wish their progressive billing is little more developed. At this point there is a work around and I know in the near future they will develop a more permanent solution.

Shontel S.

Great onboarding process!

Reviewed on 2019-03-02

The initial salesman was very patient with me and did several phone calls, emails, and demo's over many months to accommodate my schedule and concerns. The on-boarding team has been amazing. They have spent many hours moving our customer and quickbooks info from our old software and assured that we have all of the proper data transferred into Smartserv. They have answered every question and concern immediately and usually had the kinks fixed same or following day. They have also been very patient in helping my team understand how to use the software in our day to day business. We have been able to really customize the software to meet the needs of our unique work flow. We are very impressed with their knowledgeable staff and their quick responses to all of our needs!

Pros

The software is user-friendly and has most of the functions I was looking for. My team really likes the checklist/forms ability because it eliminates paperwork, which is a real time saver!

Cons

I wish there was an ability for the technicians to be able to do some back office stuff from the ipad and visa versa. Sometimes our roles cross over.

Tuesday H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Smart Serv Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-24

Al has been fantastic to work with as we've gotten SmartServ up and running for our company. He promptly responds to my many calls and emails and is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. When issues require him to obtain further information or help from other departments, he contacts them immediately and I have been very impressed with how quickly he works to resolve our issues. It can be frustrating and challenging to work with new software but working with Al has helped alleviate some of that stress, as he is very knowledgeable about the software and is very personable when talking to him on the phone. It is a pleasure to work with him and I'm grateful for the time and effort he puts into making sure that we are up and running as smoothly as possible.

Pros

The reports and ability to move appointments around on the schedule so easily.

Cons

I do not like the calendar view. It is extremely hard to read. All of the technician are in the same color and make it hard to differentiate them.

Lili M.

• Customer Support Software

For the most part SmartServ is a great system. Easy to maneuver through. Great customer service

Reviewed on 2018-03-23

Pros

Easy to enter new customers, being able to mail invoices and collect payment. Reminder Bell for easy follow up.

Cons

System consistently running slow/ freezing up. Usually once a week a new issue arises. Usually fixed in a timely manner

Kristin H.

SmartServ Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-21

Fantastic Customer Service, quick responses ad fairly quick in making corrections.

Pros

Their customer service is exceptional and they basically will try to correct any issue that we may have with regards to how their program works for us.

Cons

I think that they are fairly new to working with Quickbooks Online version so this is a learning process for all. Not always the most user-friendly program however, their customer service is so exceptional that it kind of out weighs the cons.

Alvis M.

great product

Reviewed on 2020-02-13

I went from doing everything on paper to this. it has made a world of difference and i look forward to keeping my business paperless from here on out

Pros

I like how to link everything to quick books and helps streamline the entire process from dispatch to taking payment

Cons

it glitched a couple times on me, besides that i can not say anything bad about it

Bruce D.

Smart and Easy

Reviewed on 2019-03-18

The staff is friendly and super responsive. I have had zero issues with communicating our needs and getting a timely response.

Pros

No more tracking paper invoices.
No more huge labor hours processing work to get in our accounting software.
No more techs having missing information.
No more call takers fumbling with a system just to get a customer on the schedule.
No more illegible handwriting.

SmartServ has made our company step up the professional way we can now serve and present to our customers. Since it is cloud based we can see real time invoicing and job note updates. Its easier to track everything and significantly reduced the office man hours spent dealing with a manual process for call taking, invoice processing, and finding history on our customers.

Our techs can also better serve our customers. With unlimited space to make a detailed invoice, add pictures, and the ability to review a customer's past history at their fingertips.

This product has had a real positive impact on our business and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to make it happen.

Cons

Better indicators for visual ques of job progress and continue improvements on scheduler.

Marie M.

Good Service

Reviewed on 2020-01-17

Pros

The software does a lot of what we need, but does have some limitations. But we haven't been able to find one software that does everything, so SmartServ is comparable to the other products out there. The customer service at SmartServ is excellent though, so anytime we have a question or a problem, they respond right away and are all very kind.

Cons

There are a few things that you have to contact the SmartServ team to do, rather than being able to do it yourself. For example, you can't add new employees yourself. It has also been having syncing problems so not everything sync's properly. But the customer service team is very quick to respond and fix any issues.

Bonnie B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

We have a few glitches, but the customer service does a great job of addressing these issues.

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

It is how we schedule our techs in the field. It is how we keep track of customer info and history. How we communicate job details with our techs. It has freed up time for the office staff.

Pros

It is user friendly, has the features that we need, and if not they help us to create the ones that we don't have.

Cons

There can be glitches, but they have good communication about these. They have had to update and work on these multiple times. I think it has been a work in progress. It has worked well for us.

Cathy R.

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

We have been using SmartServ for almost two years now and we love it. The software is great and the company really stands behind their product. If we ever run into anything we want changed or any problem, they are quick to make it happen. They are also working daily on improving and meeting customers needs.

Pros

Up to date software that functions like a pro!

Cons

I have no cons at this time, things have gone well with this software

Nicole M.

• Customer Support Software

Good all in one service company software with excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2018-03-23

Pros

The software is completely customizable. If a feature is not working well for us, the SmartServ support team will write a fix for it or in the very least will offer a work-around. And, if we need a feature added to the software, SmartServ will create one especially for us!

Cons

SmartServ integration with QuickBooks has a lot of quirks and doesn't sync properly most of the time which requires admin time to correct.

Angel C.

• Customer Support Software

Always available for support!

Reviewed on 2020-04-24

We have solved a lot of situations with smart serv, including finding tickets and invoices quicker. Easy to access customer information.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Team are always available for customer service and support. Thanks to the team for being available at all times to assist us.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is that is has no automatic integration.

Adam M.

2 months in and so far so good

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

I have been using SmartServ for two months now and it is greatly improving my ability to track Service tickets and differentiate between service and install and the other facets of my business. I would suggest SmartServ to other small businesses as they have been great to work with thus for.

Pros

#1 pro has to be the customer service. I have emailed with issues and had a call back in less then 5 minutes a couple different times. That is priceless.
Working with them has been easy and the communication is great. In fact I just sent an email to my contact and had a response in the last 5 minutes. It's 8pm!!

Cons

The only real issue I have had is there is a language barrier. This has caused me to have to ask reps to repeat themselves numerous times but they have grace

Jewel G.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019-11-19

Its been good. Great communication.

Pros

I'm able to see a layout of the week and schedule appropriately without overlapping.

Cons

Sometimes when trying to go back to a page to view other service addresses under a billing address, I'm rerouted to a different page.

Cathy R.

• Customer Support Software

Our experience so far has been great!

Reviewed on 2018-06-12

Many benefits, easier scheduling, more thorough information on the customers, happier technicians!

Pros

If there is something that you need, the SmartServ Team will make it happen! We have come across a few little things that we needed to perform differently and they were more than happy to change them for us. The ease of use with the software is great and the technicians are thrilled with the look of their daily schedules now! so much easier for them to view then they were with our old software.

Cons

There is nothing so far that we don't like about the software. We have had issues but they have all been solved immediately for us.

Haley J.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019-05-09

They have a great support team. They always get our answer/problem solved in a timely manner. The system is very easy to learn and use.

Pros

How easy the system is to use and how fast the team gets back with us when we have a problem.

Cons

Nothing as far as the software. It just would have been nice to have someone come and get everything done and set up instead of my office team having to do it.

Michelle D.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

Their development team is usually pretty good about meeting the needs and wants of their clients, however, there have been times when a specific task was requested over and over.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, and user-friendly - the support team is very prompt and can usually solve issues by the end of the day if no sooner.

Cons

There are still a good amount of glitches within the software. They sometimes struggle to provide services that other software provides with ease.

Tammy C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

Super helpful

Pros

So far the service has been wonderful just trying to learn everything

Cons

Just frustrating learning everything and being the only one in the office but customer support has been great

Cody S.

SmartServ review

Reviewed on 2018-03-24

Pros

Integration of most everything we do on one platform. Customer rep. and the support team have been amazing, quick to respond and proactive.

Cons

I'd like to see breadcrumbs to show tech locations throughout the day.

Neill M.

All in one functionality

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

I am finding it easy to update my databases with SmartServ, adding new clients and service addresses, and adding templates and forms is not overly complicated.

Pros

The software integrates all the different aspects of running my business that I need in one place. The forms are easy to populate with data and the autofill features with things like address search and flat rate items save time when creating tickets. The 24/7 customer support is also a huge benefit, as other programs that I looked at do not have that.

Cons

I wish there was a way for administrators only to be able to save changes to custom items into the Flat Rate Items while creating Estimates and Invoices.