Propertyware

3.9/5

Meghan

You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 1/21/2020

Love it. It has smoothed out our processes and has helped us to integrate time saving technology solutions which we would not have had otherwise. Tenant portals, communication trails, time logs on maintenance requests.

Pros

Customer Service. Constant Improvements. Meets me where I am in support of my business functions. It was the first company to offer certain items that I needed to have the software work for my business. Ease of attaching documentation to the customer accounts.

Cons

Trying to create custom reports and customizing the dashboards. It does not promote commercial units online. Financial side of software was not an ideal solution. We reverted to Quickbooks which we have used for 20 years. Needs a better mobile solution (which they are working on as of 1/1/20)

John

• Customer Support Software

Propertyware software for a landlord

Reviewed on 11/16/2021

I have found a great tool to streamline my rent collection, lead generation, and tenant interaction that allows me to grow my business without the worry of having to switch tools down the road once I reach a certain level.

Pros

The overall ability to manage every aspect of my rental business makes Propertyware an essential tool in running my business daily.

Cons

I find it difficult to utilize the expense side of of property management business using Propertyware.

Reasons for Switching to Propertyware

I liked the ability to customize certain aspects of the software that are unique to my business.
Charla

• Customer Support Software

Is Propertyware a fit for everyone?

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

This is my first time using propertyware, and I was not an employee with the company when the decision was made to utilize the software. To my understanding it went something like this: "Oh this one looks good, lets get it" I think Propertyware is very well organized program when used properly, and utilized to its full potential. I also think its a fantastic program for multi family properties, where all units are located at one address. But as our company does all off site management, pre leasing, student housing, HOA's, and residential homes; the software is not quite designed for that. Therefore, I am left to manipulate it to the best of my ability. There are also specific requests from my employers that need to be met, and can be, but with way too many individual edits to be made. It becomes more time consuming than what the job at hand should take. I cannot give much of a review from when the company first began using the software, because I was not with the company at that time, but was told that the transfer of information from Quickbooks to Propertyware was a breeze. This alone can be a game changer if your property consists of 300+ units. All in all, I think Propertyware is a great software, but I do strongly believe there needs to be more training available to potential clients, so they can have a better understanding of how the entire system works. Each tab is a piece of the pie, but explaining that to tenants and owners can be a bit tricky at times.

Pros

The tenant/owner online accessibility is great!! They can view their ledgers and access their accounts at anytime. I also like how mistakes can be corrected, maybe not always easily, but that is solely based on my experience and how the software was presented to me as I joined the company. I enjoy how easily you can search for a lease or owner in the global search bar, and how in the left hand column it lists the recent places you were for easier access. Move ins and Move outs are seamless, granted the correct information is input into the software. The amount of reports that can be ran is endless, and feel as though I could have this software for years and still never have ran each report with all its options/filters. The management tab is designed (ideally) to create owner draws all at once, and for a multifamily property this is fantastic. With each tab, when creating something new, there are important details included. When used properly, it can make your reports a dream!!

Cons

Tenant/Owner ledgers are not very user friendly (in my experience) They reflect very much of an accountants bookkeeping, and not all tenants/owners are "CPAs" so at times it can become difficult to explain debits/credits or income/expenses. On only a few occasions have I had to call customer service and they did not have an answer for me, or a resolution. In their defense, these requests were quite specific and not something that was frequently asked. Sometimes the amount of options for reports can be a bit overkill. Owner draws were started with custom date ranges, and generated individually, which in turn makes it a bit more time consuming for me to create them. In addition, because of the custom date ranges, the owner statements are very time sensitive and if a mistake is made and not corrected with the same dates, it creates confusion for the owners when they review their statements at the end of the year.

Suzanne

Propertyware review

Reviewed on 10/19/2022

It is mostly good

Pros

It is user friendly. They do a good job of adding new features to the program.

Cons

The way late fees are processed.The Enhanced rent roll can't be done for past months.

Clarisse

User Friendly

Reviewed on 5/4/2021

Pros

The reports and how to record anything using this software are very easy.

Cons

Hopefully they have better features for maintenance and text messaging.

Reasons for Switching to Propertyware

This is famous software also recommended by my friends in the same industry.
Aaliyah

• Customer Support Software

Good product but improvements could be made.

Reviewed on 5/31/2022

Good overall but still looking for ways to improve the business. I do look for other SW options from time to time. We have been looking at Doorloop at the moment.

Pros

Good product but improvements could be made. Overall I do like this product. I have not used other PM products so I can't really say what I like best.

Cons

Customization and automation.
In 2022 I believe automation is becoming very important. There are some tedious tasks that I believe could be reduced or completely removed by adding automation. Setting up custom auto emails and alerts would be tremendously helpful to our business.
We loved the idea of the docusign integration but it had some limitations to we removed the feature. It would not allow us to add/edit certain things before sending (without going and editing the whole template. Not all leases are the same so we need a little flexibility) so I think this could be an incredible feature with some improvements.
Text message feature was a good idea but had no mass text functions at the time so we got rid of it. This would also be a good spot for auto texts.
CONDITIONAL LOGIC would also be an amazing addition.

Julie

Nightmare of a company

Reviewed on 4/6/2017

Pros

The ability to create our own fields which are available in reporting and views is great. Online bill pay for tenants and ability for tenants to submit their service requests on line is great. Bulk lease renewals are great, along with modifiable mail merge templates.

Cons

Everything else! The customer service is horrible. Submit a ticket, and maybe if you are lucky they will contact you weeks later. But then they will tell you that what you are asking for is an enhancement and you should submit it in their knowledge base. Generally...they consider everything an enhancement, even standard things that really ought to take a week at most to implement and test. Tiny adjustments could make huge difference for usability, but it seems like any ideas submitted to the knowledge base go into a black hole...never to be seen again. Even true bugs take over 3 months to fix...I think I am still waiting on one..it's now been 5 months.

My background is technical...database development/programmer for 18 years, so maybe my frustration with this company is more than others who are standard users. Regardless, their first line of support is a joke...telling you to reboot your machine etc. I have to go through a number of people to get someone that actually understands what I am saying...and even then...months later, my suggestions never come to fruition.

The basics of this software for daily things like keeping track of units, leases, work orders is good.

But if you want software where there is a functioning mobile App, or Texting, forget it. They are so far behind the times. Their calendar is a joke...and the sync with Google even more of a joke. Their tasks in the software aren't connected with the calendar, nor with the Work Orders. It's like all the supposed amazing functionality to manage all aspects of your business each live in their own little tunnel. Fabulous...as if tunnel vision of an employee isn't bad enough...now our software works the same way...talk about repeated data entry! Waste of time.

I have had 8 account managers in just over 2 years. None seem to care about us as a customer.

We upgraded to their new payment structure and have been waiting 7 months (not exaggerating) for this process to complete. They keep asking us for documentation that was already given. They tried to give us a new account rep for this midway....via canned emails welcoming us to our new product.

I am so tired of this company that if not for their ability to create our own fields (hence our own workflow)...I would have walked away long ago. My concern of going somewhere else is that will it be any better? And if we cannot create our own fields...how constrained we will be by true canned software.

I cannot in good conscience recommend this software. I truly wonder whether Real Page has any intention of keeping Propertyware...or whether they intend to sell it off and focus on their other product....which seems like it might be a better fit for multifamily. But, based on our experience with this company overall...I cannot imagine going through a data conversion only to stay in bed with this horrible excuse for a software as service company.

Cyndy

Review of PW

Reviewed on 10/19/2022

I do not like it sorry

Pros

Customer Service is easy to get ahold of, that's about it.

Cons

It is not user friendly, it has lots of glitches and does not save notes at times. We can't automate our listings. It does not sync to Renlty because of a character glitch.

Hilda

easy to learn

Reviewed on 10/14/2022

I was transferred to the leasing area recently, and I've called customer support a couple of times regarding payments not showing, and they have been excellent helping

Pros

its easy to learn. it has many features but it makes sense and is intuitive, customer support is great

Cons

the general look is a bit outdated and sometimes is a bit slow

Response from RealPage: Propertyware

Thanks for your review, Hilda. We're glad our support team has been so helpful!

- Charlie

Anne

Review for Propertyware

Reviewed on 10/14/2022

Excellent!

Pros

It is very easy to use and to learn. New agents did not have a hard time learning the software itself.

Cons

Sometimes, the glitch in posting payments.

Response from RealPage: Propertyware

Thanks for your review, Anne!

- Charlie

Teresa

Propertyware Review

Reviewed on 5/28/2019

Propertyware does make our day to day processes go smoothly, it makes it easier on our tenants and owners on paying rents and collecting monthly income through the tenant and owner portals.

Pros

Propertyware is a software with vast capabilities. We have used the majority of these options in our business. We are pleased in general with the software and continue to learn more about the software on a daily basis. We would recommend Propertyware to other real estate property management companies.

Cons

The support team is very helpful, but we have had a few issues that were not resolved in a timely manner. We have had issues with the maintenance application that was updated in February 2019 and we received notification from the support team on May 24, 2019 that the issue had finally been resolved. This issue caused us a lot of frustration and extra work when we feel that the update on the app should not have been done until it had been completely tested and debugged properly. We encourage Propertyware to notify its clients as frequently as possible on upcoming changes and to take into consideration all of their clients before making drastic changes to the software. In the past, we had issues with the check scanner not being compatible with our firm's policy of the collection of funds and move-in procedures. This caused issues for about a month and half before we had to stop using the check scanner through Propertyware.

Response from Propertyware

Hello, Teresa -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will share your feedback on maintenance with our product team.

Cheers,

Casi
Cassandra Rollins, Sr. Director
Product Marketing
RealPage

Brion

My Propertyware (Ongoing) Experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2021

I'd be lost without Propertyware. I chose Propertyware for my business because it was a software, I was already familiar with from a previous place of employment. I cannot speak from comparison as Propertyware is all I've ever known for Property Management software. I can only say that it has worked well for me, and I don't see myself searching for another software.

Pros

It's difficult to determine what I like most about this software as there are many features that I find essential. I guess I would say the bookkeeping aspect is what I like most. If used properly, it will help you keep track of all funds, in and out and who/where they came from or where they are going. The reports feature is a close second as everything is made pretty clear for accounting purposes.

Cons

I find the learning curve to be what I like least about this software, but I don't fault the software for it. Bookkeeping is not my forte, but I know how important it is for the job. Propertyware made it as easy as possible for someone who is not savvy to accounting. It just takes a while and can be stressful as you're often dealing with other peoples' money.

Lisa

Propertyware is great

Reviewed on 4/22/2021

It was a good program, however, at the time, they did not keep up with new technology. Text communications and add on's. Therefore, switched (however, regretted it)

Pros

It was easy to setup and perform needed tasks on day 1

Cons

The transfer of properties/owners integration was difficult and did not go smoothly.

Rent Manager and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Propertyware

Price and options

Yardi Voyager

Price
Sarah

Accounting features

Reviewed on 7/15/2021

Pros

The billing features are easy to use and fairly easy to fix if a mistake is made. The eCheck option has made paying vendors with actual checks a thing of the past and now everything gets direct deposited into their account.

Cons

A feature that we've requested be developed many times is the ePay/Banking feature for vendors. It allows you to put in their banking info, but the "Billing Email" is useless. All vendors receive a remittance email when payments are made showing a breakdown of invoicing and pmt amounts. It would be highly useful if the Billing Email actually functioned and would send the remittance emails to that specific address. Otherwise, your remittance emails go to the email that's populated in your general vendor information. Often times, that email is a sales person who accepts work orders and not the accounting department. Payment info is often lost or not forwarded to correct employees. Also, if there's more than one email on your general ledger, the remittance email won't send to anyone at that company. Making the Billing Email feature under ePay/Banking would be highly beneficial to users and it's a shame it's completely useless.

Chari

Totally User Friendly

Reviewed on 7/23/2021

Excellent software/program. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The Propertyware program is very user friendly. Not just that, but the support you receive if you have any questions or concerns is top notch! I occasionally run into some sort of problem and just about every time I've ever called Support, the representative I speak with solves my problem with very little effort. Two times in the 9 years I've been using this program, I have run into a problem that could't be solved by the rep that I speak with. They try to the best of their ability, but then let me know that it needs to be escalated to someone else. Both times, I received a call the next morning with the solution! The reps are always friendly, respectful and no question is treated as "stupid"! Tney are great!

Cons

I don't use all of the features because I'm a Tenant Relations Supervisor and do not work with the maintenance or owner features. I don't feel there are any cons to the part of the program that I use.

Cathy
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Not terribly satisfied.

Reviewed on 12/5/2016

This software was chosen because they claimed to be the closest to the software I previously used: Tenant Pro. They claimed to be able to migrate a lot of my data for me. They did, but much of it was improperly done and I had to re-do most of it anyway, so the data migration was of little help. It took me nearly 3 months to be up and operational, all the while paying my monthly fees without being able to use it "live". They do have a very good support staff. Unfortunately I have to use them a lot. The program is not intuitive. It does not do many of the automatic functions that Tenant Pro did for me. I cannot get the same basic reports that I used to get from Tenant Pro. It has many bells and whistles that I don't care to use and has many issues that have no solutions so I have to find ways around them. After one year I am learning to use it, but it is a very costly software to do most of the same things I did with Tenant Pro - but not all that I used to do. Not terribly satisfied with this program.

Pros

Extremely helpful, readily available support staff. Moderately priced on line software.

Cons

Have to use the support staff frequently - program not very intuitive.
Hard to make changes -if at all - to check splits or entries once check is printed.
Little customization can be done to checks for printing. Check number extremely small and this cannot be changed
Cannot have vendor account number put on checks.
Cannot get an Income Statement with both Year to date and Month to date on same statement.
Tenant ledger statements not very helpful - not much information shows on the statement
Terminated tenants show up on Accounts Receivable list if they had any balance when they moved out. No way to remove them.

Ben

Great Software for B2R Company

Reviewed on 11/16/2021

Propertyware has enabled our team to navigate the covid pandemic by its overall ease of use.

Pros

In my opinion, this software excels in ease of use and easy adoption for new users. Our tenants also comment on how easy the process is from application, thru initial payments, onto lease signing.

Cons

Often times when contacting support, it takes several phone calls/emails to get a solution. However, it has improved significantly recently.

Lorelle

Reports

Reviewed on 4/29/2021

Overall, my experience with Propertyware has been pleasant. It could be made a bit more fun with a few more graphics. :)

Pros

The software is basically easy to learn and to use. The menu is well organized and clearly visible, in that the appropriate sectors are available from any screen. There are complete and detailed videos for learning the software as well.

Cons

What I did not like about this program is that the Report section is quite limited; you are not able to select any field and prepare a report in any manner that you might need to prepare information. For instance, you have to select a certain section of Report (Desktop, Finance, Lease, etc.); this is fine, except that not every field is available even within that section to add to a Report. It can become very constricting and difficult to find the field you want to place within a report.
There should be more flexibility in both the ability to create a report by selecting the fields you want without hunting through the sections. A complete alphabetical field list would be very helpful for people who are familiar with utilizing databases.
The calendar also needs to have more options in order of searching and printing according to user.

Real Page seems Outdated

Reviewed on 11/27/2018

RealPage was decent for property management, it was just not as user friendly as I would have liked. It seems like it took more steps then needed to accomplish many of the tasks. It needs to be updated to be more use friendly.

Pros

This does most of what you need to property management and works well with affordable properties. It has a good selection of reports and is fairly easy to use. It does a good job of tracking prospects and creating tasks to manage your staff

Cons

Real Page seem a little clunky and not as easy to use if you manage multiple properties from the same office. It felt like we were always jumping in and out of properties and we could not easily move between the properties. Also the accounting portion was not well integrated with the rest of the system

Response from RealPage

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for Propertyware. You'll be happy to know we've already begun introducing a unified design to our product to create consistency with other RealPage products, modernize the look and feel and make it mobile responsive for all users.

In addition to design, core sections of our accounting workflow are also being improved in early 2019 as well so stay tuned!

Lorie

• Customer Support Software

Propertyware: Good but looking forward to improvements

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

It's mostly been good, I've had some great customer service. It seems to have been a bit rough lately, but haven't been needing to call as often.

Pros

It's been a bit of a learning curve, but it's working well for us now most of the time. I like that it is customizable, I feel like there are more features than we are currently using, but hope to be able to discover other ways to make it useful for us.
I can see that there is room for improvement and appreciate that they seem to be working on making improvements.

Cons

Application Process is more difficult than it should be. Applicant prospects often can't complete without calling in for help. They become very frustrated. It's difficult to determine what their problems are, seems to work differently for everyone depending on the browser they are using, etc. See my answers to "Vacancy Management" rating question.

Customer Service experience is Very hit or miss, sometimes awesome and sometimes takes a very long time to get what amounts to a bad guess.

Konstantine

Reviewed on 7/15/2021

Pros

The ability to keep everything in one place for all staff to access, such as communications with tenants/landlords.

Cons

The lack of an app for mobile use and the constant crashing of the maintenance app.

Price
Erika

Propertyware review

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

great overall experience could use some tweaks

Pros

Excellent for financial tracking and reporting

Cons

Not excellent for leasing team and property management team

Mary Fran

Propertyware Review

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Pros

While this is the only property management solution I have used over the last five years, I do like it. It's fairly user friendly and makes communication with tenants easy. Having information at my fingertips 24/7 is an important part of what we do.

Cons

I think the search functions could be updated to make searching for particular terms easier. Also, I feel the reports section is not intuitive and could be more user friendly. I'd like to see an integrated calendar.

Response from Propertyware

Hi, Mary Fran -

We missed you at the Roadshow this year! Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review and we appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Casi

Anne

Apartment Management

Reviewed on 2/1/2022

I am happy with the program because it keeps accurate records and runs all the reports I need

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn the program and when you don't remember something, the help button answers your questions

Cons

The time it took to learn the product. However, I am older and used to doing everything manually. I just use the basic accounting part of it so I can not talk about the other parts of it like processing applications or tenant portals - I simply don't use those parts.

Andres

• Customer Support Software

Robust Software with World-Class Customer / Tech Support!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

Great software. They keep improving the user interphase. Very happy with it overall.

Pros

Easy to Navigate. Lots of Modules to take care of all aspects of Property Management. Texting Tenants within the software is great. The Support Team at PropertyWare is TOP NOTCH!! When you call they are Available, Knowledgeable, Friendly, Professional ... Love them!!

Cons

Customizing Templates and using documents for Online Signatures is not very easy or intutive, but this is a small inconvenience compared to all the wonderful features and phenomenal support you get!