Entrata

Property management solution for multifamily communities

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

William

• Customer Support Software

Entrata is a great software platform with

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

Entrata has been great at every step along the way, from the initial consultation to the implementation process and now with continuing customer service.

Pros

One of the best features of Entrata is how integrated it is. This is a software that was built from the ground up as opposed to many other property management softwares which tend to be various different codebases that are interfaced together.

The visual interface was designed with the end user and leasing operations as the basis which means my staff can navigate around and get things done quickly as well as keep on top of operations that need to be completed.

Cons

Entrata Core itself is still relatively young as software development goes. Over time the company has continued to introduce new capabilities and functions to emcompass different leasing models like Commercial and Student Housing. These tend to be far more complex operations than conventional multi-family units. There are growing pains with waiting for the software to develop to fully support the vast different business workflows that a particular client might need to address.

I wouldn't say this is a strict con as in I don't like it, just that it does exist but this is true for pretty much any software.

RealPage

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

The lack of customer and technical service from Yardi was more than we were willing to continue tolerating especially give the amount of money spent on licensing every year.

Michelle

Entrata is the best!

Reviewed on 2023-11-27

I did not get the opportunity to take any training before being exposed to Entrata. I took all of the video training and test as well as watched all of the videos that were offered on the software. I am self taught and I have learned a lot from the support team. They are wonderful and talking me through tasks or helping me understand something. They are some of the best in the business.

Pros

I have worked on many different management software and Entrata is my absolute favorite. I love everything about the software.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like.

nicholas

usable but needs improvment

Reviewed on 2023-04-05

works for what I need but wish it had more functions on the maintenance side of things

Pros

easy to see tallies and total numbers, work order note options are nice and managing keeping track of residents work orders by unit is easy.

Cons

searching through residents and work orders is very limited there need to be more ways to search through work orders using key words and categories, there needs to be a way to generate a report on how many work orders you have in a given period for a particular type of problem like kitchen sink leaking, and then you get a report of how many kitchen sink leaks you had during that period of time. this would help budgeting and planning of maintenance,. would also be nice if you didn't have to go back and forth to to the list every time you want to look at a work order, you should be able to expand and contract the work order right on the list so you can more fluidly go through them, when we are in meetings we go over every work order and we end up printing out a list because it is easier to go through them that way. waste of paper when the product could do the same interactively without needing to generate a report.

Lauren
Lauren

User Friendliness and Market Leaders

Reviewed on 2022-01-04

It has been a pleasure all around. I love working with Entrata.

It has been a pleasure all around. I love working with Entrata.

Pros

Entrata works hard to stay cutting-edge in the multifamily industry while focusing on the user experience for everyone involved, not just residents!

Cons

There are still some glitches in the system but Entrata works hard to be responsive and resolve those glitches where possible.

RealPage
Gwyneth

I love using Entrata!

Reviewed on 2024-03-05

I overall really like it! It's very easy to use.

I overall really like it! It's very easy to use.

Pros

I love Entrata because it's very efficient and has a lot of features that I love using.

Cons

It does create duplicate applications when a guarantor starts an application.

Kelli

Entrata Use

Reviewed on 2024-02-26

It’s been good using it. Easy, simple and clear.

It’s been good using it. Easy, simple and clear.

Pros

User friendly. Able to close out in real time.

Cons

Shuts down sometimes, won’t integrate with other systems.

Lou
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Work orders

Reviewed on 2024-03-04

Only have been using it for a year but now it seems good

Only have been using it for a year but now it seems good

Pros

Being able to see and track work orders,also the option to allow the resident to see the work order as well

Cons

Seems like too much stimulus at times, a lot of info for someone without good computer skills

nora

Reviewed on 2024-02-23

Pros

I like that its simple to navigate and search for information.

Cons

Nothing, it updates itself to become more convenient to use daily.

Jimmy

Jimmy revieq

Reviewed on 2024-02-23

Pros

Its quick its to the point and helps communicate with residents

Cons

Nothing negative so far its easily accessible on my phone too

Soumya
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2024-03-04

Pros

Easy to use, creative, flexible, appropriate, reliable.

Cons

It automatically logged out after 10mins.

Jillian

Great Product, Great Staff and Always Evolving

Reviewed on 2023-03-31

Everything is easier: communication, payments, work orders, leads, follow ups etc.

Pros

Entrata offers great products all around but the fact that their staff is available all the time is huge! You can call on the weekends or during the week and actually speak with a real person! Their online resident portal goes above and beyond giving resident's access but access that we can see on the management end as well! Being able to offer them streamline services with work orders, application processes and different payment options, proves that a software company can do it all. I also love that they are always evolving and asking for input!

Cons

The improvements could be the apartment order as the numbers show up in the reports. It groups by several different options, but not a consecutive list. I am sure they can easily fix this!

Piper

Entrata User converted Lover

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

I used to be an avid fan of Onsite Realpage and in the last 6 years I've converted to a believer of the Entrata product the ease as well as the all in one capacity of the services.

Pros

I appreciate the ease when onboarding new team members and residents but still being able to have functionality of multiple systems in one place on the back end. For my role it allows me to utilize the reports daily to track our progress whether it be financials, leasing or how effective our marketing strategies are working.

Cons

I would love to see ways to create higher quality email blast within the system rather than always having to outsource and import. Additionally trainings of some of the higher level tools that entrata provides for managers regularly through monthly corporate trainings or possibly set up by individual teams within each firm.

David

• Customer Support Software

If you're on the fence, make the move to Entrata!

Reviewed on 2022-08-08

Objectively a 9.5/10

Almost a perfect 10, great support, and I loved our onboarding team. They...

Objectively a 9.5/10

Almost a perfect 10, great support, and I loved our onboarding team. They have set us up with a wonderful CSM. The only speed bump we have hit was with migration, however I am not sure there is a better process and it may just be painful for everyone.

Pros

Ease of use, and the abundance of help/support Entrata provides. Written materials, videos, and live training courses. Not to mention a USEFUL support staff.

Cons

Like other property management software, it isn't 100% bug-free.

Knock

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

We were looking for a more agile/ lean solution that was easy to use for our staff, and we found it with Entrata.

Ronald
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Entrata is Simply the Best for Property Management!

Reviewed on 2022-10-25

Entrata is very easy to use, there's a couple of Wishlist items that I wish they would fix or include but overall, it's made my job as an Assistant Property Manager much easier than my previous property management companies who have used Yardi/Voyager/Yieldstar. There are very much similarities between Entrata and Apple as far as user-friendliness goes, top notch property management software, I'll always choose Entrata and vouch for it anytime I'm in a position to make those kind of decisions in the near future.

Pros

I've used Yardi for many years before being introduced to Entrata only for a little over a year now and I believe this is the best product management software out. I can hands down say I've seen so many new leasing agents come in not knowing a thing about the software and becoming very familiar and teaching me new things by the second week of playing around with the interface and exploring Entrata. I as an assistant manager have taught my property manager so tricks such as the Merge Fields which I find very powerful and useful for reaching out to the entire community in bulk and also creating flyers, mass communication, updates to the property or projects happening, and even for delinquency collection. It's made my job 10+ clicks easier in comparison to Yardi, everything is straight foreward and not complicated. I love Entrata and wish this would be streamlined across the entire property management industry. Thanks for making my job easier!

Cons

The website portion has some glitches I've noticed, mainly when prospects apply, some of the data does not transfer correctly so I have to do a lot of explaining upon receiving applications (eg. someone applies online and sees that the rent mentioned is only a fraction of what the asking market rate was from when they left the community after the tour). It definitely is the only major issue I've really experienced. Also, sometimes when applicants are trying to complete an application, occasionally it does not allow them to get to the next step to complete the application as if there's always something missing, Missing Fields but everything is complete so we often have to print out the application manually and sign it manually then need to scan and upload it when this happens. There should also be more than 2 uploads allowed for submitting documents the community needs to help process an application, for example, we need ID and 3 paystubs, most people don't know how to combined documents.

stephen

• Customer Support Software

Makes most tasks simpler but some things should be rethought

Reviewed on 2022-10-31

Overall a nice software package to work with but customer service can be extremely slow to respond to tickets and sometimes seems to take excessively long to offer a resolution to same. Would like to see them pack in more features such as the ability to require the attachment of items to lease documentation as part of the signing process.

Pros

Quick and easy access to the resident dashboard to review everything ranging from charges and payment history to repair requests and phone calls to team members.

Cons

I do not like the way parent/children properties are handled when you're dealing with large properties that were built in phases. Often even representatives at Leasing Center aren't versed enough to locate residents between phases. Really need to add functionality to require the resident to upload and attach items to documents. For example on our parking agreement, it would be great if we could ask persons to attach their proof of motor vehicle insurance and motor vehicle registration when completing the document. Docusign has utilized this feature for ages. Despite repeated requests, Entrata is yet to embrace the concept.

Rachelle

• Customer Support Software

Great software, needs better support in my opinion

Reviewed on 2022-10-18

Pros

Entrata is easy to set up, customize, and maintain. Often times, I find it easy to fix problems on my own or help regional teams create new webpages that show specials, virtual tours, sitemaps, etc.

Cons

It is really hard to get consistently great support. Technicians take too long to respond to inquiries, (sometimes days ). We would love to see ticket turnaround time improve. Also broken integrations are a major concerns. When API feeds are interrupted, this causes a decrease in availability for prospects. We could be potentially losing business due to this, enraging ownership groups, which directly affects our ability to retain management of properties.

Brianna

Thoughts on Entrata

Reviewed on 2023-03-31

Pros

Entrata has a ton of customizable options, which sounds great from a marketing perspective to make each property different. There are a ton of reporting features which is nice, as well.

Cons

There are so many things I feel like are almost there, but need to be engineered further. Special displays on the website cannot be customized, and so they never look right with the rest of the prospect portal. Photo layouts in photos and tours pages cannot be clicked on to zoom in on an image, I think that hurts any desktop users ability to see our amenities. The fact that photos are not automatically resized when setting up prospect portal is so time consuming. We migrated to Entrata from another software, so over the span of a couple months I had to resize photos for every slot in propsect portal for over 20 properties.

Lilli

• Customer Support Software

Thank You Entrata! Every Employee at Customer Support is Amazingly Helpful!

Reviewed on 2023-04-14

Though it took me a while to transition to Entrata software I now find it much more user friendly than Yardi was.

Pros

Customer Support is friendly, informative and was instrumental in my training process.

Cons

Updates that change permissions often effect my productivity.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An industry standard in an industry with room to improve

Reviewed on 2019-04-01

Considerably better than OneSite. There’s improvements I’d like to see, but I could comfortably recommend Entrata.

Pros

Entrata has a best-in-class user interface and works reasonably well with mobile devices. Property management software is not known for either of those things, so I was pleasantly surprised. Entrata has a respectable array of features and exceptionally customizable reporting. Entrata makes it easy to pull virtually any data you would need and format it in a way that would be presentable to owners or investors.

Cons

Entrata would probably be near perfect for a conventional housing property manager. Student housing, however, is a little different. College students can create incredibly complex situations that Entrata doesn’t always easily conform to. Entrata might work the way you’d expect to, but students do not. In a perfect world, there would be more property manager input in the programming stage.

Jacki

• Customer Support Software

Difficult at first, EASY once familiar

Reviewed on 2022-10-04

I really like it. My only complaint, and this goes along with learning a new software, is that there are often several different ways to access the same function. It's a bit confusing at first, but at the end of the day, the result is the same. Just takes practice learning your way around the software.

Pros

I love the ease of inputting and referencing invoices; I love the ease of pulling reports and applying filters to get the exact information I need without other unecessary details; I LOVE having a Resident Portal.

Cons

It's difficult to integrate to, especially if you're coming from an older software. For example, we used AMSI and there was a lot of information that couldn't/wouldn't transfer over and was hard to capture. Once we got established with Entrata, however, our time in the office has been much more efficient and effective.

Lewis

Options

Reviewed on 2023-07-21

Pros

Options and add on modules are available

Cons

Nothing I see from an IT installer point, our users seem to like it too.

Reasons for Switching to Entrata

options / modules
Tammy
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Finally love it

Reviewed on 2023-08-04

Pros

I was not a fan of Entrada at first because it seemed like there were way to many ways of doing things instead of just one easy way. I have grown to love it now that I have worked in it for a year.

Cons

The reports and setting perimeters. And so many alerts

Darin

Amazing Capabilities

Reviewed on 2023-04-10

For my day to day tracking of work orders this software is very easy and intuitive to use. I wish I had more training to allow me to use the power this database has to track and pull information that I could use to order parts and see trends in my maintenance repairs.

Pros

The fact that I can see work orders at home on weekends.

Cons

I think that the lack of training I've received doesn't allow me to use Entrata to the extent I could.

McKenna

• Customer Support Software

Ease of use, does the work for you!

Reviewed on 2023-08-08

The Entrata support team has been incredibly helpful and quick to find a solution when I have problem.

Pros

I love how organized the Entrata dashboard is. Everything is organized to help sort through day with ease of use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Entrata is their lack of a mobile app (for more than just maintenance). It can be hard to look something up when on the go.

Dea

Job Costing

Reviewed on 2022-09-29

Overall, the reporting is nice and does help in being more efficient.

Overall, the reporting is nice and does help in being more efficient.

Pros

Love the accounting features with this program. I soley work in Construction and the job costing piece has come a long way in less than 2 years, but also has long way to go.

Cons

Not very much control on the job costing side with contracts and purchase orders.