Entrata

Property management solution for real estate businesses

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.1/5

Always improving

Reviewed on 2018-08-23

Pros

Entrata makes the multifamily industry so much easier. They are always updating their software with amazing innovation. The settings and features are endless. They have a full time support team, trainers who do daily webinar trainings, as well as the option to come out on site and train, and they also offer a customer success manager who works with you daily to ensure that your company is succesfull while using Entrata.

Cons

Because of the large amount of setting and feautre options, Entrata can get messy quickly. They also have struggles at times when it comes to large influxes such as rent week or stundent turn as well as when they release one of their updates every two months.

Rebecca

Great Product

Reviewed on 2022-08-08

I love the product and very happy we made the switch, but there is always room for improvement. I am just happy the product continues to evolve.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I love that it incorporates many aspects of property management from resident interface to marketing to accounting to asset management.

Cons

feature requests are taking longer to get done. Support is difficult to get as you have to constantly reiterate issues.

ONEsite, RealPage and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

it allowed us to combine many products in one. it was easier to use and Entrata had a team that was actually invested as us as a partner.

Edward

• Customer Support Software

Great software, but needs to improve on work order tracking

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

Decent

Pros

Entrata is easy to use and close out work orders.

Cons

It would be great if you guys could send TiVo calls to residents and also track work orders through issue rather than the tenant or unit number.

David

• Customer Support Software

If you're on the fence, make the move to Entrata!

Objectively a 9.5/10

Almost a perfect 10, great support, and I loved our onboarding team. They have set us up with a wonderful CSM. The only speed bump we have hit was with migration, however I am not sure there is a better process and it may just be painful for everyone.

Pros

Ease of use, and the abundance of help/support Entrata provides. Written materials, videos, and live training courses. Not to mention a USEFUL support staff.

Cons

Like other property management software, it isn't 100% bug-free.

Knock

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

We were looking for a more agile/ lean solution that was easy to use for our staff, and we found it with Entrata.

Tracy

Entrata Review 08.22

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

Overall the team is great, we had a few hiccups in the beginning of our roll out but with the number of properties we are migrating it was expected and all issues that arose were resolved timely.

Pros

Software is user friendly, easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Currently they cannot remit payments directly to out vendors, their development team is working on it and hopefully it will be available in the next year. We are using an outside product for invoices, payments etc.

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

We took our 3rd parties in house, they still manage however we wanted all of our properties on one software that we could analyze data.

Reasons for Switching to Entrata

Entrata team was responsive, wanted our business.
Paul

Entrata is Good

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

Entrata is basicly good for our property management.

Pros

The Entrata reporting is good for me and the Resident Portal and Website Service are good for online activities.

Cons

The Leasing Center Service is not so good.

rochelle

overall good system

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

overall the system is good, i just wish it worked better more consistently.

Pros

i do appreciate the user friendly system

Cons

what i like least is the functionality, there are a lot of glitches that happen very often and customer support is less than helpful most times especially when its an urgent situation. It can take weeks to resolve at times.

Christopher

• Customer Support Software

Great product for managing all your property needs. Very helpful support staff.

Reviewed on 2022-08-08

It started out as a frustrating experience, but after countless hours pouring over doumentation and speaking with support staff I have a clearer understanding of how it works and what the solutions to the problems we face are.

Pros

The support staff work hard to find the root of the problem and give clear solutions. Though sometimes those solutions are not the simplest - the development team is constantly working to improve the program.

Cons

Violation management is clunky and rigid, once set up it is very difficult if not impossible to correct mistakes without starting over.
Specifically with student housing there are things that just don't work how you'd expect. That being said they are actively working on improving it.

Madison

Love Entrata!

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

It has been really good and easy to use. Would recommend

Pros

I really like that it’s one program for all my needs and that I can find everything I’m looking for

Cons

Sometimes there are errors that appear and require a ticket

Quita

One Stop Shop of Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2020-05-26

Overall Entrata is a great software and the best that I have used in my 7 years in property management.

Pros

The best part about Entrata is the fact that I do not need any other software. Entrata has everything you need to run your property. From being able to post your available apartments on Craigslist to scanning Invoices and payments. I love not having to have multiple software running at the same time just to do my everyday work.

Cons

Now that I rely on just Entrata, when something goes wrong it can take sometime to fix. This is mainly when it is a small issue that they are unaware of until we have to report it. Sometimes it is fixed rapidly but sometime we are waiting a week or so for the correction.

William

• Customer Support Software

Entrata is a great software platform with

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

Entrata has been great at every step along the way, from the initial consultation to the implementation process and now with continuing customer service.

Pros

One of the best features of Entrata is how integrated it is. This is a software that was built from the ground up as opposed to many other property management softwares which tend to be various different codebases that are interfaced together.

The visual interface was designed with the end user and leasing operations as the basis which means my staff can navigate around and get things done quickly as well as keep on top of operations that need to be completed.

Cons

Entrata Core itself is still relatively young as software development goes. Over time the company has continued to introduce new capabilities and functions to emcompass different leasing models like Commercial and Student Housing. These tend to be far more complex operations than conventional multi-family units. There are growing pains with waiting for the software to develop to fully support the vast different business workflows that a particular client might need to address.

I wouldn't say this is a strict con as in I don't like it, just that it does exist but this is true for pretty much any software.

RealPage

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

The lack of customer and technical service from Yardi was more than we were willing to continue tolerating especially give the amount of money spent on licensing every year.

Tonya

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use reliable all in one solution - recommend!

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

Pros

Love that it is all in one and we are able to manage all functions pertaining to lead to lease process, accounting, maintenance and facilities, web site and digital presence optimization and tracking from one place

Cons

Technical support has declined as the company grew and with covid. I noticed such decline in the past 2 years. We have been using Entrata for the past 7 years or so and it was great.

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

Switched from OneSite due to cost and better fit for student housing

ONEsite

Ease of use and cost
Piper

Entrata User converted Lover

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

I used to be an avid fan of Onsite Realpage and in the last 6 years I've converted to a believer of the Entrata product the ease as well as the all in one capacity of the services.

Pros

I appreciate the ease when onboarding new team members and residents but still being able to have functionality of multiple systems in one place on the back end. For my role it allows me to utilize the reports daily to track our progress whether it be financials, leasing or how effective our marketing strategies are working.

Cons

I would love to see ways to create higher quality email blast within the system rather than always having to outsource and import. Additionally trainings of some of the higher level tools that entrata provides for managers regularly through monthly corporate trainings or possibly set up by individual teams within each firm.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Depends On Your Goals

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

Overall Entrata attempts to consolidate functions and create a more seamless user interface and navigation, however this has been at the expense of having less powerful software (in relation to competitors). I think Entrata would be best suited for smaller properties.

Pros

Entrata has many small functions that come in handy, such as report styles, package management, and ease of assisting residents with their online ResidentPortal account.

Cons

Unfortunately, I found Entrata to have minor glitches when trying to manage a large volume of properties or units. There have been compatibility issues with various platforms from the resident's perspective, and things like the "leasing workflow" and synchronization with other property management software like Yardi presents many obstacles/inaccuracies, especially with certain formats of Yardi Voyager.

Reasons for Switching to Entrata

While I did not handle financials for implementation, Entrata created a suite that would seemingly create a more fluid, clean, and interactive resident experience. While this is the case most of the time, there are (not often) shortcomings.

great software

Reviewed on 2019-08-27

overall very pleasant experience and great people!

Pros

In the industry, the best software out there. Has its quirks and you need to be detail oriented and patient to set it up but compared to the others, there's no competition. My favorite part are online leasing, the resident portal, and the level of customization and training resources

Cons

Reporting needs to be worked out more, its sometimes not easy to fix an issue or understand why something works the way it does. Setup could also be a bit more intuitive and sometimes the customer support team doesn't have the answers you hope for and you figure it out yourself anyway.

Keith

Good operational management tool

Reviewed on 2021-01-25

i enjoy using the software. it is very useful. we have been noticing a high volume of user related issues on the resident end of the platform. We would like for the help desk to be more responsive to resident issues. often times the resident is directed back to the property level for assistance. we spend various time weekly attempting to troubleshoot resident issues that should be solved on the customer support end to assist the resident

Pros

simplified solution for our daily operational needs

Cons

the software can present challenges in our daily usage at times. some of the issues might be permission based related features also

Krissy

• Customer Support Software

Access Entrada on the Go!

Reviewed on 2019-10-22

I have used Entrata in the multifamily industry.

Pros

The best thing about Entrada that puts it above many other property management softwares available is its accessibility. You can access Entrada on the go- ranging from a laptop, to tablet, to even your smart phone. It is a fantastic tool when you are out of the office, and need to complete tasks away from your desk.

Cons

My biggest critique for Entrata would be to step up on their marketing game. What they have to offer is an incredible service, which I believe many more companies would benefit from. Unfortunately, most of the property managers I know use other software such as Yardi.

Dawn

Entrata at Dobler

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

At first it was pretty horrible. Once the company started having more people involved and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stepped in as our point person, things started going smoothly.

Pros

I used Entrata software at Dobler for years and was pleased with the change ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was excellent as our point person.) and the accommodation for the company.

Cons

Unless you have an IT person in the company working on Entrata all the time, all updates can be frustrating.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An industry standard in an industry with room to improve

Reviewed on 2019-04-01

Considerably better than OneSite. There’s improvements I’d like to see, but I could comfortably recommend Entrata.

Pros

Entrata has a best-in-class user interface and works reasonably well with mobile devices. Property management software is not known for either of those things, so I was pleasantly surprised. Entrata has a respectable array of features and exceptionally customizable reporting. Entrata makes it easy to pull virtually any data you would need and format it in a way that would be presentable to owners or investors.

Cons

Entrata would probably be near perfect for a conventional housing property manager. Student housing, however, is a little different. College students can create incredibly complex situations that Entrata doesn’t always easily conform to. Entrata might work the way you’d expect to, but students do not. In a perfect world, there would be more property manager input in the programming stage.

Maddie

Entrata - Student Living

Reviewed on 2019-05-21

Overall, entrata does have some glitches but they are minor. I would definitely choose to use entrata over any other property management program. The benefits and ease of use with entrata cannot be matched.

Pros

I like Entrata mainly because of the dashboard. The dashboard makes it super convenient to see everything that needs to be done and any tasks that are outstanding. Also, the bulk unit assignment board is the greatest thing when you are roommates matching people and assigning apartments.

Cons

One thing I dislike about entrata is that sometimes there are random bugs and glitches. Some things are easily resolved an others take forever to be fixed. I've had multiple problems with entrata saying that two applicants have the same email address (which halts the entire application process) when in fact no one has the same email.

Amanda

5-stars All Around

Reviewed on 2022-08-06

Pros

This system is very user-friendly and hands down the easiest Property Management Software I have used in my 5+ years in the field.

Cons

Wish roommate shuffle was accessible in terms of being able to shuffle multiple times a day if needed

Do Not Recommend

Reviewed on 2022-05-20

Awful. It is not worth the switch. Implementation was horrible and took way longer than we were told. Reports don't always accurately generate. Responsiveness is terrible. It is not compatible on a phone so it limits the ability to manage on the go. Maintenance is the only mobile compatible component but what you can access through the app is limited. Disappointed is an understatement.

Pros

I like that it encourages paperless options.

Cons

It is very glitchy. I've sent emails multiple times and it freezes while sending and the entire message has to be retyped and sent again. Their customer service isn't always the most responsive or able to fix your issues. We are currently dealing with an issue with them not including personal property coverage that we are paying for and no one will respond to our emails anymore to get this fixed. It has been 2 months since this was discovered and nothing has been done about it. Two claims have been denied in this time and they are not accepting any responsibility or making the adjustments that need to be made.

Yardi Breeze and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Entrata

Looking for a more streamlined process, especially in regards to accounting.

Reasons for Switching to Entrata

Cost and advertised capabilities.
Alley

Love entrata

Reviewed on 2019-11-12

I have been using Entrata for over a year now - uploading invoices, processing payments and tracking follow up is very easy.

Pros

System is easy to use and very simple. I love how easy it is to do follow up and track communications!

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to know which report will give you the information you need. Additional training videos would be useful.

Liliana

Entrata

Great for property management

Pros

Computer friendly easy to use. tabs easy to use

Cons

multiple users it slows it down. training videos can be better

Erik

Best Software for Property Lead Management

Reviewed on 2019-05-29

Top choice for lead management software and wish I could have it back so that I could stop wasting so much time with managing prospects.

Pros

My main exposure to Entreat is ARW (Alliance Resident Works). Oh how I wish we did not make the switch to a different lead management software. I could manage lead and go through follow-ups so much faster than now. It was easy to control and navigate once you got the hold of it and was extremely responsive and fast.

Cons

That the dispute with Yardi forced us to go with another lead management software. I just want you back! Besides that, the only thing that may have been nice is to have auto follow-ups instead of having to do it manually. There's a lot of lazy people and would just wait for the lead to pop up as unresponded later than desired; at least for my team