Motive

4.5 (1,449)
The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

(1,449)
4.5/5

Michael

terrific

Reviewed on 4/1/2022

Pros

ease of use. the simplest and best ELD and GPS on the market

Cons

cant think of anything negative truthfully

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Annette

• Customer Support Software

Wouldn't want to do this with it.

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

Customer service is fantastic, quick, and thorough. Trucking is much easier with the Motive system and I don't think I'd want to go back to how we did this before Motive.

Pros

GPS location and the clear, clean camera videos are my favorite services of Motive. I use GPS tracking often along with the geofencing. It allows me to give very quick answers to my customers when they need updates on my driver's location. Trip history is also a great tool for exact mileage of each leg of a hauled load when extra stops are added last minute.

Cons

The geofence entry/exit notifications do not come to my inbox as quickly as I would like but I still love the feature. Getting the reports that I need is cumbersome for me.

eric

Moving on to SAMSARA

Reviewed on 12/8/2022

call me [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

mapping/tracking easy to use on the dispatch side of things

Cons

customer service, internet /hotspot issues

Response from KeepTruckin

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Please provide us with your contact details so we can reach out to you to address your concerns and improve your experience. Moreover, for further queries please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564.

Steven

• Customer Support Software

I like to keep trucking up I like the updates only thing I could really complain I wish I had...

Reviewed on 10/29/2022

Pros

I like to keep trucking up I like the updates only thing I could really complain I wish they had better cameras for behind the trailers or alongside the trucks cameras would be a big impact for me also trucking GPS if you guys could actually start doing that you would really help out navigation

Cons

Overall the software is very easy to use I would rather have the cameras updated if anything the side view and also behind the trailers and a bigger vision of the truck outside cameras most definitely

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Tywone

Motive

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Fair so far but I don't like when I'm docked and then finished but my time might have ran out and I'm pulling out of their dock and parking but it gave me a violation

Pros

It keeps track of my hours of service efficiently

Cons

I Right now I can't think of anything at this time.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Eddie

Horrible customer support

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

If this company wants to improve they must acknowledge issues with their equipment and software and horrible support they have. Their support is from Pakistan and almost every time when you call you lose connection. So when you call back you have to start all over explaining your issue.

Pros

I was really happy with product and support. But lately we started having issues and customer service takes too long to resolve issues. We even end up getting violations from DOT because of issues that take too long to resolve. Getting your rep reached its impossible I have been emailing and calling my rep for 14 days and no answer. Whenever their equipment fails they always blame on driver or anything else but their equipment. Their customer support from Pakistan has horrible connection and never calls you you back when you get disconnected.

Cons

Horrible customer support lately its impossible to reach your rep or receive support in time.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

At time when I was signing up with this company it all looked promising and great. But recently this company became worst nightmare for our staff to handle issues and problems with their ELD connection to driver phones.
michael

Great Company!!

Reviewed on 1/5/2023

Pros

So far I have been queens with the service that provided and I have the high recommended estimate to any of the truck drivers I have!

Cons

I don't have any gripes about software so far. I would highly recommend it to all truckers that use a ELD.

Dale

Canadian Compliant E-Log

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

very good

Pros

Everything, this E-log is very easy to use small so it doesn't take up too much space in the cab, very easy to install

Cons

nothing this software is very easy to navigate through simple and it is compliant in Canadian regulations.

Abshir

Motive Review

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Great

Pros

Easy feature and guideline and it’s helpful for small companies

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved

Torrence

Pretty good experience

Reviewed on 1/3/2023

Pros

I liked most about this product it was very easy to learn

Cons

I least like the time but I’m used to it now

Sondra
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

KeepTruckin

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist.

It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

Pros

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

Cons

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

Response from KeepTruckin

Dear customer,
Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Beatris

Best Decision for our Company

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation.
When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Anthony
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

ELD for a newbie

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Pros

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

Omnitracs

Reasons for Switching to Motive

The price was so much less but the customer service was superior!

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Clyde J

Trucks Freind & Foe

Reviewed on 12/28/2021

The company I'm driving for now the KeepTruckin is a key part of having a good day on the job, because they knew how to insa;e and program the product, but last company did'nt know the rules and regulation and the product put me in violation often and I wasn't.

Pros

It keeps better track of hours needed to drive and work for the day and week, but this is if the company has a knowledgeble programer that understands truckers work day hours.

Cons

If corpoations buy the product and does'nt have the understanding of how to program this and instale this it will not fuction properly and does put drivers into voilation and not due to his neglect but of the instaltion that need more instuction for hands on experince

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Clyde, thank you for your feedback. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out at [email protected] We will be more than happy to assist you!

Nelson

Ease of log book

Reviewed on 4/27/2022

Staff are very helpful when I have questions. A [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was just helpful on the phone.

Pros

The ease of maintaining a log book and managing my time left for being able to reload and make a run managing available time needed for my run to complete

Cons

Having to pay for service but have no choice for good service

Dave

Just the basics

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Cons

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

AMISH

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 11/22/2018

We been trying to contact the company for our contract and representative always tell us someone will contact you within 24 hrs and we are still waiting. It's a bad business if you can't even answer or return your phone call to your customers. They better not renew my contract without calling me. I think they are trying to renew the contact by saying that we never contact them in a time frame. Please don't renew my contract without calling us.

Cons

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Amish,

We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and appreciate your patience during this time. We strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. One of our representatives reached out to you over the phone, but it went straight to voicemail. Please know that your request has been noted and we'll assist to resolve your matter at the highest priority.

In the meantime, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

kevin

• Customer Support Software

Best choice in the industry for user friendly atmosphere

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I have great experiences with Keep Truckin. The staff have been great and make it as seemless as possible. Our drivers enjoy the ease of use

Pros

I chose this ELD program due to it being driver friendly and the ease of using it. It had everything we were looking for. There are some companies offering less monthly cost and little to no cost, but Keep truckin had a great track record and I look to support those that have been around for years and are designed around the trucking industry with drivers use in mind as well as office staff.

Cons

There are some glitches every now and then, but have been worked out. It was mostly drivers drive time was starting to early and no way to correct it...but lately has been running smoothly

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Peggy

• Customer Support Software

one of the best out there , and people are starting to realize it ..

Reviewed on 11/30/2021

we were with a larger company and the problems we had were astronomical. the drivers had a terrible time setting it up and getting comfortable with the system, once we changed to Keep Truckin' we never had another issue, the drivers downloaded the app easily and didn't have a problem catching on to the functions.

Pros

the set up, the ease in use for the drivers, and customer service is miles above the others. They are always there and willing to help ,, IF we can understand them ..

Cons

they keep changing things ,, if it works LEAVE IT ALONE , about the time we have things figured out and can find what we need you guys change it, and the updates seem to ALWAYS cause an issue someplace .. Also many of the customer service agents are very hard to understand due to a language barrier. and sometimes feel they are not understanding our issue.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad that you like our service. Please feel free to share any feedback on "[email protected]" so that our team can work on it for improvement.

Joseph

Does everything and some

Reviewed on 8/10/2022

Easy of use and functionality

Pros

Ive used other types of this software such as big road ELD, and in comparison I do not know how Big Road is in business. The UI alone is enough reason for me not promote motive or recommend to those seeking similar software. Motive is easy to use, laid out to where everything is easily accessible. Reports are easy to find and easily generated and it is able to integrate with other software such as TMS software and much more.

Cons

I wish the motive load board displayed more load information and had the ability to broaden search parameters such as date ranges ability to put in multiple pick up and drop of locations, aside of that I love it

Allan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Motive ELD

Reviewed on 9/20/2022

We have been pleased with the Motive system, and the support is normally quick to respond.

Pros

The Motive app is very user friendly and in many areas mirrors what drivers see with paper logs. Being able to see a proper grid view of events makes it easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

As with any tech, there are glitches from time to time. As a cellular based product, working in areas of poor connectivity can effect the admin view in real time, but the driver app can store and forward so usually catches up when service is obtained

Joe

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/18/2021

Pros

I have worked with 3 total EDL-type systems in the past 6 years. One of the biggest problems with the others was the on-hold time waiting to speak with a customer services rep., it was not uncommon to be on hold for 30 to 45 minutes anytime I would call them. When need to call into Keep Truck there is virtually no hold time at all… I feel that is very significant because if the driver is having issues and it’s something that I can not help them with and they must call into Keep Trucking they can get the help they need without being on hold for an extended time, which most drivers won’t do…

Cons

There really isn't much about the software that I don't like and there are always improving it.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you so much for your positive review. We really appreciate your feedback. Kindly reach out at "[email protected]" if you have any suggestions.

Asim

Best ELD!!!

Reviewed on 11/3/2021

We have been using Keep Truckin software to book better paying loads, do payroll of our drivers, monitor our vehicles, pay our IFTA taxes and above all keeping our drivers a safety mindset on the road whilst in full compliance with the DOT. I have found Keep Truckin as the best software within our transportation industry.

Pros

The one thing that pulls Keep Truckin Company and its products apart from the the rest is their tremendous Service Quality. I have always found their support representatives attentive, courteous, knowledgeable, professional and can-do attitude to sort out each problem in the most efficient manner.

Cons

The only Con which is true for other ELD providers too is the education of our driver staff especially the newer ones to completely understand all the features of the ELD. Actually Keep Truckin has done tremendous initiatives in this area by making lots of educational videos available. In many cases the Keep Truckin support has also provided coaching to our drivers when put on conference call with our drivers. Like I said earlier, the service quality aspect from Keep Truckin is unbeatable.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Asim, Thank you so much for the positive review. If you have any concerns feel free to reach out to "[email protected]" our teams are always ready to help.

Mihai

Keep Truckin

Reviewed on 11/12/2021

Overall works great

Pros

-Easy to use.
-Customer service its good.

Cons

-Can't be attached trailer to vehicle gateway when carrier doesn't switch trailers.
-Price little high then average
-Can't refresh live images as many time's I want, limited
- Doesn't update HOS on Manager dashboard when drivers crossing the border.(for Canadian carriers )
-When you add destination to get and ETA it doesn't show time ETA

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Mihai, We are glad that you like our service. Your feedback is highly appreciated.