Motive

4.5 (1,628)
Write a Review!
The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

(1,628)
4.2/5
Customer Support Software

• Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

The best software I never use

Reviewed on 2022-05-24

It has allowed me to refocus my route tracking and better assist my driving partners in case of traffic jams and give them better directions to quickly complete errands and trips.

Pros

The application is great for route tracking and especially when it comes to doing a route review it is great. I like more its ease of deployment and it doesn't need a high internet speed to work.

Cons

The only drawback is that the application has a latency in some areas less covered by the internet network but I think it's not really the fault of the application but the internet

Response from Motive

Hi, Thank you for the wonderful review! Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Andrea

• Customer Support Software

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

Reviewed on 2021-04-07

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

Cons

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Response from Motive

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with [email protected] so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Alanna

• Customer Support Software

Used to be top of their field. Going downhill fast

Reviewed on 2022-12-06

Pros

I used to sing their praises - if they USED to be a solid platform, then there must be some remaining good bones in there somewhere. They need to get back to basics like knowledgeable customer service. It's super frustrating to call a support line and regularly end up telling the support staff "Yeah... that "solution" isn't going to fix this particular issue" and repeatedly be correct. Maybe they can find their way back to the stellar company they once were?

Cons

Degrading support, connectivity issues mean that logs get thrown out of compliance - having to edit and assign drive time after the fact doesn't help drivers keep track of their time, etc. Unreliable.

Response from Motive

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with Motive! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564? Thank you!

Cammy

Reviewed on 2021-04-04

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Choosing Motive

It could not keep up with team drivers. Would not stay charged. Maybe it had too many apps???

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Because KeepTruckin had no problem logging teams as long as my phone was charged It handled both drivers.

Response from Motive

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris

Best Decision for our Company

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation.
When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Response from Motive

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Manu

Good and bad

Reviewed on 2024-01-16

I have been their customer for almost 2 years. They call me many times and Thats how I got their ELD and Dashcam. Unfortunately trucking business is went to a bad situation and I had to close down my business. Even if I was a good customer and I explained what is going on they didn’t even refund anything. I pay yearly and now they are saying I am in contract with 3 years and I have to pay next year also again because they can’t help anything with. I am advising everyone before you sign up with this company. They are not user friendly as you think. They give lots of wonderful words to make you sign with them but once you signed up they act differently. Beware about this matter please

Pros

Service and functionality is good. It never got stuck in between.

Cons

About price and contract. Little bit pricey and once we signed with them they are not flexible or user friendly as we think.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Because they were giving attractive offers and seems user friendly

Response from Motive

"Hi There, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. Can you please send us a note at [email protected] or on our 24/7 Support Helpline (855) 434-3564 so that we may connect and provide you with a timely resolution. Thank you.

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Gracie

• Customer Support Software

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Reviewed on 2021-08-26

This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

Cons

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

Response from Motive

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Kylon

• Customer Support Software

Motive is the easiest option we have used to remain compliant and keep track of our fleet.

Reviewed on 2023-03-21

Overall Motive has solved our needs to remain compliant with FMCSA and to monitor our fleet.

Pros

The biggest pro for me is the ability to self-install all Motive equipment in house and not deal with the headache of trying to schedule Motive, trucks and employees in the same place at the same time.

Cons

The biggest downside to Motive is their rewards program. There is absolutely zero customer support to enable you to retrieve your earned rewards that show "pending approval" for an undetermined period.

Response from Motive

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! ���� We're thrilled that you're enjoying our service. If you have any friends who might also benefit from what we offer, please feel free to share the love!
Also if you are facing any difficulty with rewards then please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We will route you to the relevant department for the resolution. Thanks again! ����

Not as advertised

Reviewed on 2021-07-18

Customer service seems outsourced, they don’t listen to what you’re saying just give out scripted answers. I received two DOT citations for log violations due to the device not staying synced to my iPad. Waited weeks for a replacement unit after demanding one from customer no service. I hope my company drops these and looks elsewhere.

Pros

It’s on my iPad that’s it. User friendly.

Cons

Doesn’t stay connected to iPad, gps is not concise.

Response from Motive

Hi Dave, we are sorry that you experienced connectivity issues. Please email us at [email protected] so we can help you resolve the issue.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Reviewed on 2021-12-22

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph.

2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour.

3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

Reasons for Choosing Motive

went independent and needed my own equipment.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

I didn't like samsara so i wanted to try something new. Keep trucking had a lot of great reviews so that's the one I picked.

Response from Motive

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services.

Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Andrea

Base System is good - but hot spot limit stinks

Reviewed on 2022-07-26

If it were not for this hot spot issue I would give the system 5 stars. The Customer Support agents do speak clear English, but they are not always able to help and follow through is not good. Still waiting for my hot spot issue to be solved and it has been "disabled". No internet access on the road is a huge hassle. There is a big discrepancy between what my device shows I have used as far as data, and the Motive accounting for my data use. Tablet shows a lower data usage than Motive, and Motive caps the use and then shuts off the data usage. The difference in usage is a whole gigabyte and that is a big difference.

Pros

Easy to use - Dashboard and document access is very handy. Knowing the fault codes are helpful in keeping the truck running better.

Cons

I was told that the hot spot would allow me to listen to Pandora and audio books as I had been. However, it is capped and not sufficient and no one from Customer Service has been able to help me and the Agent who was supposed to call me to fix my issue, has never called.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us your contact number or email address. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Nicole

Motive

Reviewed on 2023-05-26

I really wish that the customer service was better and that instead of sending sales to solicit us for more equipment, they would make sure the equipment that they have already given is in decent working order. Sending back equipment once it is damaged is also an issue as it is not the easiest process either.

Pros

We utilize the tracking all day, and the ease of getting reporting and logs.

Cons

Some of the features are clunky and not streamlined. The customer service is not the greatest, better than some but it takes a long time to receive new equipment if in the event we need it and the support is not great.

Response from Motive

Hi Nicole,

We apologize if you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Can you please share what issue you are facing with the product specifically and share your contact details so we can address your concerns?

Alternatively, you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. We are open 24/7, we would love to help you out. Thank you.

Jorge

Great product and service, but VERY HIGH AND TRICKY PRICING

Reviewed on 2021-11-04

Great devices, great software, easy to install and use. But the pricing is very tricky and very high compared to other ELD devices. Customer support is always trying to upsale aditional services and to extend the contract. It is very hard to purchase a used device as they are locked by KeepTruckin, and they do their best to not sale any replacements by extending their ship dates by weeks! This is not ethical business practice.

Pros

Very easy to use, great support page, customer service is accessible and knowledgeable in regards to use of devise and software.

Cons

Historical location for drivers is only shown on a daily basis, so it is hard to go back and look at the location of each driver on a period of time, for example, a week.

GPS Trackit and Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Fleet manager had previous experience with KeepTruckin.

Response from Motive

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Please help spread the word!

Sean

Best ELD we have found

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

Overall, they have a great product overall and are always working to make it better.

Pros

We have been using KeepTruckin since the ELD mandate and have been very happy with it. They are constantly working to improve and have been a great partner. The dashcam works great too. Both the back-office portal and the driver app are very intuitive.

Cons

They have been increasing the pricing significantly recently. Cost of hardware can be especially high. They don't allow you to deactivate devices or have deactivated devices on hand without paying the monthly subscription fee. That reduces flexibility significantly. They should only charge for devices that are being used.

Verizon Connect, Omnitracs, Samsara and Geotab

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Best combination of features, ease of use, and price.

Response from Motive

Thanks for the positive feedback and rating, Sean. We really appreciate it.

Keisha

Keep Truckin Advancements

Reviewed on 2021-09-16

Pros

I really like the live tracking feature where you can literally see the truck moving down the road and the speed it is going.

Cons

The customer service knowledge and presentation could be improved. Sometimes it seems that my team knows features and work arounds in the system that the service techs do now yet know. I also feel like some conversations are a bit rushed and not presented with more understanding for the driver.

Response from Motive

Hi Keisha, thank you for your feedback. We will definitely look into this and will further improve your experience based on the feedback. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] with any query that you might have and we'll be happy to assist you. Safe rides!

Just the basics

Reviewed on 2021-07-20

My thoughts,

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Cons

Response from Motive

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Charles

You never stop paying…….

Reviewed on 2023-10-11

Great tech. Poor customer service.I will not use them again.

Great tech. Poor customer service.I will not use them again.

Pros

Great technology. Solid reporting. Rear and front facing cameras.

Cons

On July, 20, 2023, my truck my destroyed in a fire. I had a Motive system in that truck. A short time later, I contacted Motive and requested to cancel my service. Today some three months after my truck was destroyed,I get a call from an employee at Motive who told me that the only way that I could cancel my service, was to close my business and send them a letter from the FMCSA. I explained that I was not closing my business , I just wanted to cancel my service. I became frustrated and he got his lacey panties in a wad because I told hi that I thought it was bullshit to pay for a service that you don’t receive. The bottom line is that I have to pay this bunch $300+ a quarter until March of 2025. That is just nuts.

Verizon Connect

Better tech

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, so we can address your concerns and improve your experience. We will be more than happy to assist you.

JohnRichard

Onerous software

Reviewed on 2023-03-25

It is repetitive.It glitches (stops working or communicating with the blue tooth adapter) about once a week requiring reset while driving!The commands are onerous. If I want to save a record, I OBVIOUSLY want to do so with the official signature!All of the clocks should be displayed on screen. 11, 14, 30 min, and the 70! These are all important clocks for the driver to see while in motion!Finally, there needs to be a count down clock for the end of the 10hr break when off duty that switches to 34 hr reset after the clock has met the bench mark.

Pros

Secondary log function.HOS recap list.I really don't have a lot of good things to say.This product is not a quality product I would buy or recommend to a struggling entrepreneur.

Cons

If you want to PC drive, you must sign the prior day log before you can do so. Signing a log is an official duty and is required to be done "ONDUTY". That is a violation! If you are logging an inspection or signing your daily log, if you go to the save button before signing it fills in the signing and makes you accept it as an additional step before it saves. Just save it already with the signature! Its clear thats required, just do it!When you change duty status, you select the status you want AND then you need to save it. Just save it upon selection! Enough of the repetitive button selection! Do you think many drivers change their mind from "off duty" to "onduty" in the course of trying to go off duty? For the sake of all drivers out here, cut out all the repetitive actions and stream line it!

Response from Motive

Hi John, We are sorry that you've had a great experience! However, you can sign logs at the start of the shift manually every day as mentioned in this help article: https://helpcenter.gomotive.com/hc/en-us/articles/6162466577693-How-to-Sign-Your-Logs-on-the-Motive-Driver-App. Furthermore, you on the Motive Driver app's Home screen you can simply swipe up from the bottom to check all HOS clocks instead of navigating to the logs section. If you have any further questions please give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We are open 24/7, we would love to help you out. Thank you.

Jared

Good product- Unethical Company

Reviewed on 2023-03-15

Pros

Product ease of use. They make it truly impossible to downgrade or cancel until we hit their auto renewal period again and are unable to downgrade for another year.

Cons

We are changing our operations and looking to remove (what they call "downgrade" a couple devices). We have been attempting this downgrade for almost nine months now. They make it truly impossible to downgrade or cancel until we hit their auto renewal period again and are unable to downgrade for another year.

Response from Motive

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! That definitely doesn't align with our goal of providing excellent service to all of our customers. Please provide us with your contact details so we can reach out to you to address your concerns and improve your experience. Moreover, for further queries please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564.

AMISH

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2018-11-22

We been trying to contact the company for our contract and representative always tell us someone will contact you within 24 hrs and we are still waiting. It's a bad business if you can't even answer or return your phone call to your customers. They better not renew my contract without calling me. I think they are trying to renew the contact by saying that we never contact them in a time frame. Please don't renew my contract without calling us.

Cons

Response from Motive

Hi Amish,

We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and appreciate your patience during this time. We strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. One of our representatives reached out to you over the phone, but it went straight to voicemail. Please know that your request has been noted and we'll assist to resolve your matter at the highest priority.

In the meantime, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Steven

• Customer Support Software

I like to keep trucking up I like the updates only thing I could really complain I wish I had...

Reviewed on 2022-10-29

Pros

I like to keep trucking up I like the updates only thing I could really complain I wish they had better cameras for behind the trailers or alongside the trucks cameras would be a big impact for me also trucking GPS if you guys could actually start doing that you would really help out navigation

Cons

Overall the software is very easy to use I would rather have the cameras updated if anything the side view and also behind the trailers and a bigger vision of the truck outside cameras most definitely

Response from Motive

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

kevin

• Customer Support Software

Best choice in the industry for user friendly atmosphere

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

I have great experiences with Keep Truckin. The staff have been great and make it as seemless as possible. Our drivers enjoy the ease of use

Pros

I chose this ELD program due to it being driver friendly and the ease of using it. It had everything we were looking for. There are some companies offering less monthly cost and little to no cost, but Keep truckin had a great track record and I look to support those that have been around for years and are designed around the trucking industry with drivers use in mind as well as office staff.

Cons

There are some glitches every now and then, but have been worked out. It was mostly drivers drive time was starting to early and no way to correct it...but lately has been running smoothly

Response from Motive

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Peggy

• Customer Support Software

one of the best out there , and people are starting to realize it ..

Reviewed on 2021-11-30

we were with a larger company and the problems we had were astronomical. the drivers had a terrible time setting it up and getting comfortable with the system, once we changed to Keep Truckin' we never had another issue, the drivers downloaded the app easily and didn't have a problem catching on to the functions.

Pros

the set up, the ease in use for the drivers, and customer service is miles above the others. They are always there and willing to help ,, IF we can understand them ..

Cons

they keep changing things ,, if it works LEAVE IT ALONE , about the time we have things figured out and can find what we need you guys change it, and the updates seem to ALWAYS cause an issue someplace .. Also many of the customer service agents are very hard to understand due to a language barrier. and sometimes feel they are not understanding our issue.

Response from Motive

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad that you like our service. Please feel free to share any feedback on "[email protected]" so that our team can work on it for improvement.

Ryan

Motive E-Log Review

Reviewed on 2022-12-22

A few ups and downs on the tech and equipment side, as previously noted. Overall though, I love the product and it is a huge advantage to our business and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an ELD provider.

Pros

As a user and administrator, its great for managing my own log books, as well as my drivers' logs. It is such a huge help in digitally and accurately managing truck and driver data for reporting purposes for IFTA and IRP as well.

Cons

We have had the odd technical and equipment issue, but everything has been resolved for the most part. The issues we have had focus mostly on differences in odometer readings between the device and the truck itself, as well as connectiveity between the gateway and our phones. The latter is no big deal and fixes itself. The former took a little while to figure out, but it did get figured out in the end.

Samsara and Geotab

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Free hardware offer and sales experience.

Response from Motive

Thank you for the amazing review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.