Motive

4.5 (1,391)
The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

(1,391)
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Valerie

• Customer Support Software

Ease of use for all to use

Reviewed on 2022-07-09

Pros

It's easy and convenient to use I think all can benefit from the importance of this device

Cons

Nothing really I actually like the device so nothing to not like

Response from Motive

Thank you for reaching Motive support, formerly KeepTruckin. We hope you are doing well. Please visit our portal https://gomotive.com/careers or email your resume at [email protected] The hiring team will reach out to you if there are any suitable vacancies.

Annette

• Customer Support Software

Wouldn't want to do this with it.

Reviewed on 2022-08-11

Customer service is fantastic, quick, and thorough. Trucking is much easier with the Motive system and I don't think I'd want to go back to how we did this before Motive.

Pros

GPS location and the clear, clean camera videos are my favorite services of Motive. I use GPS tracking often along with the geofencing. It allows me to give very quick answers to my customers when they need updates on my driver's location. Trip history is also a great tool for exact mileage of each leg of a hauled load when extra stops are added last minute.

Cons

The geofence entry/exit notifications do not come to my inbox as quickly as I would like but I still love the feature. Getting the reports that I need is cumbersome for me.

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Michael

Motive Current Status Review

Reviewed on 2022-08-10

Middle of the road.

Pros

Fleet view. Fleet view. Safety events. safety events, fleet view safety events fleet view safety events

Cons

Inconsistency of dash cameras. One report will read the trucks dash cam is working, then sometimes you go to Fleet View to update status and it does not update....downloading wheel just sits there and spins. Creates concerns about whether or not the dahs cam is working. Is it working? Who knows?

Response from Motive

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using Motive's services! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Carlos

Motive Review

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

Overall experience is very good and very happy with the products, software and customer service.

Pros

Accessibility and relative ease of use. User friendly.

Cons

The “touchy” tracking nature of the ELD when the truck is moving slowly though will put the driver in driving duty status when in Off Duty or Sleeper status.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Wesley
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

A great all-in-one platform

Reviewed on 2022-08-03

I am happy with Motive. I like having so many modules in a single platform. We utilize the API which is now a central part of our maintenance plan.

Pros

Motive is a forward-thinking company. The recent rebranding shows that this is not a stagnant project. Motive is always releasing new features that add value.

Cons

I dont really have a major con to list. There are times when an ELD driving event may be logged incorrectly - often at the fault of the driver, and it would be nice to edit those events; if compliance allows it.

Lakshdeep

• Customer Support Software

Make changes into log book

Reviewed on 2022-08-16

Its ok. I requested to take off my service coz i dont have truck anymore, i called custiner service and they suppose to call me back fir more details and discontinue service but no, no one called and they still charging me

Pros

I am gonna be honest, when i bought this service, they promised me that u can make changes anyways i want but after 1 month i cant change log book without calling them and without their permissions

Cons

Changing logs is not quiet possible in new and updated as it was very convenient in old version

Mark
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Motive is first class

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

We use Motive for electronic logging, dash cam, asset tracking and compliance for fuel reports. Everything has been great and Safety Auditor for New Entrant Safety Audit stated that KT/Motive was the “gold standard” of ELD’s

Pros

The software is easy to use and setup was also easy. The dashboard and the features available are incredible.

Cons

At this point I have nothing negative to say about the software.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Pricing of equipment, monthly costs and reviews.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

John

Going places

Reviewed on 2022-08-30

Its a great source for HOS, and tracking

Pros

Love the camera intergration and the service tracking.

Cons

Routing would be a great addition. Its always nice to have HOS included in providing route ETA's

Response from Motive

Regarding your suggestion about the addition of routing, we will do the needful and implement the feature if feasible.

Allan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Motive ELD

Reviewed on 2022-09-20

We have been pleased with the Motive system, and the support is normally quick to respond.

Pros

The Motive app is very user friendly and in many areas mirrors what drivers see with paper logs. Being able to see a proper grid view of events makes it easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

As with any tech, there are glitches from time to time. As a cellular based product, working in areas of poor connectivity can effect the admin view in real time, but the driver app can store and forward so usually catches up when service is obtained

Thomas

• Customer Support Software

Great product for companies, with minor kinks to work out

Reviewed on 2022-08-25

This company is on its way to fulfilling all of the needs of this product. I have been called an spoken to as a customer on a regular basis, and they have always assured me that even my issues, of a single owner operator, will be addressed. That means a lot to me an it should mean a lot to even those companies with large fleets.

Pros

So far, the convenience of having a product that can be used for not just fuel, but other aspects of my industry is paramount. I keep all of my purchases for my vehicle consolodated, which is a huge benefit for me as a single business owner.

Cons

They still need more incorporation with the other aspects of their software. Mileage integration, documentation for IFTA, streamlining aspects of the purchasing process that make filing taxes easier. I think the company understands. The good news is below

Sondra
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

KeepTruckin

Reviewed on 2022-03-03

I'm grateful that they are always available - 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Customer Service is typically very kind and happy to assist.

It does a lot of things all in one program instead of needing additional products to accomplish your day.

Pros

The overall program is great. The reports are great and real-time tracking is amazing

Cons

I don't like the fuel program (which is important to me). There should be an easier way to make corrections than one entry at a time - very time consuming and usually makes for a bad day! But after it's completed, I'm grateful I don't have to do it all on graph paper with a pencil anymore!

Response from KeepTruckin

Dear customer,
Thank you for the wonderful review, Sondra! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Reviewed on 2021-12-22

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph.

2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour.

3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

Reasons for Choosing Motive

went independent and needed my own equipment.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

I didn't like samsara so i wanted to try something new. Keep trucking had a lot of great reviews so that's the one I picked.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services.

Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Emily

#1 thing it is easy for drivers

Reviewed on 2021-08-13

overall I like KT. I do believe they should think about giving better rates to the people that have been with them. When we renewed my company chose to not go with KT because someone else made us a better offer and it was not easy to get KT to match the offer and when they did if they would have just offered me that deal in the beginning it would have saved me ALOT of time and since we are a small company TIME is very valuable.

Pros

I have to do the training for drivers so I appreciate how easy it is to train on. I also like knowing where our trucks are and being able to see that everything is ok everyday. Even the drivers that were against ELDs like it and have found it makes life easier.

Cons

customer service and sales teams. I have had so really difficult experiences with both. Not that it is every time I call but I have had people that could not find my account tell me I don't have KT hang up call back and new rep had no problem. I have been so frustrated trying to order a new device that I was ready to just give up but called one more time got someone else and problem solved so I know there are good reps there. Some have accents that are very hard to understand but that is just a minor detail that can usually be worked thru.

Reasons for Choosing Motive

This was not user friendly and I did not like the display of the admin side or the way it was all programmed and set up. None of my drivers liked it and when we tested it against KT well KT won.

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Because KT was able to get my price back down after quoting me a higher price than I wanted to pay without any updates. Price was the only reason we tried Samsara and it was a good system but KT decided to price match and upgraded to include all the IFTA info and forward cameras and I did not have change all the ELDs out of all my truck to install new ones. Once again the whole thing was a huge waste of time had KT have said hey lets look at upgrading and saving and quoted me the price we ended up getting in the first place it would have been over and done and prevented the feeling of oh so you give new people a break but the people who have been paying you for 2 yrs get a crappy deal to pay for the new peoples good deals.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Emily, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Safe rides!

Marc

Duncan Oil

Reviewed on 2021-08-10

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

Pros

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

Cons

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Choosing Motive

We were told that our head units would no longer be current and unable to communicate at the end of 2021 due to the 5G updates. They required us to purchase new equipment at a cost of $50,000+. KeepTruckin offered a better option and we were even able to acquire dashcams for all units.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

App based mobile devise system. Can be used off anything that has bluetooth capabilities.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Dave

Just the basics

Reviewed on 2021-07-20

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Cons

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Gabriel

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2021-07-02

Pros

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

Cons

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Yehor

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Reviewed on 2021-04-12

Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

Pros

+ Interface
+ Integrations that works great for our customers and us
+ Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great
+ Driver Mobil APP

Cons

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time
- Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better
- Customer Support Could be better
- Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features
- Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness)
- When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

Terrible software, terrible support

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Back in the days, keeptruckin UI was definitely the best option for drivers, plus app that works. Today, it's under the question

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at [email protected] and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Carl

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

Reviewed on 2021-04-12

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

Pros

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

Cons

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Andrea

• Customer Support Software

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

Reviewed on 2021-04-07

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

Cons

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with [email protected] so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Anthony
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

ELD for a newbie

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Pros

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

The price was so much less but the customer service was superior!

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Cammy

Reviewed on 2021-04-04

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris

Best Decision for our Company

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation.
When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

William

• Customer Support Software

Decent product, does what it is supposed to

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Working with KT has been pleasant/productive overall. Their app IS helping me keep my trucks compliant and legal. When I DO need support both the response and turnaround time are awesome!

Pros

What I like most is the wealth of notifications you can get from this application. The app keeps you informed even if you are not logged into it. Very useful to someone that runs three departments within a trucking company.

Cons

Some things are hard to find in the driver app version, so you have to call support and have them "lead you to it".

Reasons for Choosing Motive

technical/hardware issues with their equipment

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Omnitracs too expensive

Response from KeepTruckin

Hi William, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Gracie

• Customer Support Software

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Reviewed on 2021-08-26

This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

Cons

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

Response from KeepTruckin

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.