Real-Time Labor Guide Reviews

Real-Time Labor Guide

Write a Review!
Auto repair software for managing labor costs

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Joe

• Customer Support Software

Real time labor a must have for auto repair shops!

Reviewed on 2020-06-08

When I first open my shop in 2013 I did not really know what I was going to do about and invoicing system. It was Motors Chiltons etc, but being a sole proprietor it was too much of a monthly fee for me to sign up for. I was about to open my shop a week later and I really didn’t know what I was going to do then I stumbled upon real time labor it was a godsend! Everybody has been so helpful at real time it’s easy to set up I highly recommend it for any shop owner. Thank you so much real time labor it would’ve been very difficult to start this business without you! I’m coming up on my seventh year in business August and I am still using real time labor to this day!

Pros

I started my shop in 2013. I found it very easy to use also cost effective.

Cons

There were a few glitches along the way when I first started using it but real time iron those out I really have nothing negative to say about real time and their product.

Dano

Great Real-Time product!

Reviewed on 2020-06-01

Great inexpensive labor time guide and invoice system, I have used it for over 8 years now!

Pros

Customization and accuracy of labor times!

Cons

Number of labor times not available in the system.

Mitchell RepairCenter and ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

Price and ease of use!

Response from Dowell Systems

Dano - we are so happy to have such a fantastic review from a customer that has been with us for so many years. We look forward to serving you for many many more!

customer service & incorrect Labor Time

Reviewed on 2018-10-27

labor times most of the time is wrong make sure you you have different source you can't trust the info which is they getting pay monthly! 30% of time they are wrong

Pros

????!!!I'm not sure I like anything about them they been introduced by different company

Cons

we have to call them at least a couple times a month to correct the time labor times incomplete and they supposed to give you credit to correct them. good luck they ignore you

Response from Dowell Systems

How much trust can you put in an anonymous review? We serve thousands of customers and provide hundreds of thousands of labor times. No labor guide is 100% correct, which is why we are called "guides". But we are always here to take your call, look at the job with you and give you the information you need to complete the job. Most customers appreciate that and tell us it's impossible to get that kind of service from the other guys. They also appreciate how much money we make them by providing correct times when the other guys are off. This is why the smart technician has more than one source. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but again, how much can you trust a reviewer who blasts you anonymously?

BYRON

• Customer Support Software

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ. PAYS FOR ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2017-01-14

I'VE READ SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS OF OTHER SHOPS. THEY WANT EVERY SINGLE ESTIMATE TO BE PERFECT. NONE OF THESE PROGRAMS ARE PERFECT. OVER THE YEARS I'VED USE REAL-TIME AS A BACK UP TO EITHER MITCHELL & OR ALLDATA. REAL TIME HAS SAVED ME FROM LOOSING A TON OF MONEY $$$$$$ IF I HAD WENT STRICKLY WITH THE "BIG BOYS PRICING" I'D BE IN THE "POOR HOUSE" NOW. THIS ESTIAMTING GUIDE IS A MUST HAVE. AND YOU GUYS THAT WANT MORE FROM THE PROGRAM, THEY HAVE AN ADVANCED PROGRAM TOO.

Pros

KEEP A FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OF HOW MUCH YOU RAISED THE PRICE WHEN YOU DOUBLE CHECKED REAL TIME & I BET YOU BE LOOKING AT A MINIMUM $ A MONTH IN ADDITIONAL INCOME.
PLUS IF YOU EVER WORK ON A MEDIUM TO LARGE TRUCK - REAL TIME HAS THAT INFO AT NO EXTRA COST. A DOUBLE BONUS!!!!

Cons

NONE

Response from Dowell Systems

Thank you so much Byron for the awesome review! We agree with you - every shop SHOULD have the Real-Time Labor Guide even if it's just for a second opinion.

Dale

Great program

Reviewed on 2020-06-01

It's been a great tool for my company.

It's been a great tool for my company.

Pros

If I can't find a job customer service always helps me price it out!

Cons

Everything works greatfor me. Never had a problem with anything.

Mitchell RepairCenter

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

Price

Response from Dowell Systems

Dale - Thank you for the great review! We're glad to have you as a customer!

Elisabeth

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

Pros

Easy to navigate. Very functional, its great that I can add parts and specific labor to our shop and store for quick reference.

Cons

Customer Service has not been the easiest to get ahold of the few times I've needed too.

Response from Dowell Systems

Elisabeth - Thank you for your great review! We work very hard and reach out for tons of feedback in order to make the system as easy to use as possible. I'm sorry you've had a hard time reaching us lately - the beginning of the year is always very busy with annual updates but if you leave a message we won't leave the office until our voicemail box is clear, and usually we get back to you a lot sooner then that. Thanks for being our customer for the last several years - we look forward to many more!

Nick

• Customer Support Software

Real-Time labor guide helps with estimating

Reviewed on 2020-03-25

Overall, Real-Time Labor Guide has gotten us out of some jams for sure. Had we used the traditional labor times we would have short changed ourselves.

Pros

I like the low,avg,high industry labor times and the notes on certain jobs indicating errors with traditional labor guides.

Cons

I have to buy separate licenses for each copy. Also, navigating the menu is a bit dated. I'd like to see more effort put into integration so advisors can build a labor estimate quickly.

Response from Dowell Systems

Nick - Thank you for your awesome and honest review. We're so happy to have you as a customer, and glad we could get you out of some jams and save you from short changing yourselves!

John a

basic good quality

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

fair

fair

Pros

ease of billing.license plate to vehicle id

Cons

lookup history is ineffective .mileage maintaince. mileage lookup too vague or non existent wish it had more features such as digital inspections.almost no updates.wouldn't mind paying more for better features

Sean

Good quality, Needs more HD

Its great, passwords can be a pain, though when are they not

Its great, passwords can be a pain, though when are they not

Pros

I like it gives you options for time, wish it showed actual book, then real time. I wish it could integrate with sms.

Cons

Everything is fine with it, Drawbacks are minimal

Response from Dowell Systems

Sean - Thank you for your honest review and we are so happy to have you as a customer!

Robert

Curious

Reviewed on 2020-05-26

Quick estimates are now possible for my customer's.

Quick estimates are now possible for my customer's.

Pros

Able to use phone app
Support does respond

Cons

There no reward when I call to point out errors in Labor Time discrepancies w/ real world experience.

Response from Dowell Systems

Robert - Thank you for you awesome review. We're happy you are now able to provide your customers with quick estimates!

GARY
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

GUIDE USER-CREWCHIEF

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

NICE TO BE ABLE USE YOU AS GUIDE FOR TIME ENVOLVED IN SOME OPERATIONS.

NICE TO BE ABLE USE YOU AS GUIDE FOR TIME ENVOLVED IN SOME OPERATIONS.

Pros

NICE TO USE YOU AS A GUIDE TO KNOW TIMES ENVOLVED,ALSO LIKE THE WAY YOU PEOPLE LISTEN WHEN WE CALL AND TELL THERE NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTMENTS TO SOME LABOR TIMES! BILLING OUT LABOR ON INVOICES IS SO MUCH EASIER WITH THIS GUIDE.

Cons

NOTHING,WELL SATISFIED WITH IT,EASY TO USE,COVERS ABOUT EVERYTHING ENVOLVING JOBS.

Response from Dowell Systems

Gary - Thank you for the fantastic review! We're so happy you've been our customer all these years!

lance

Effective

Reviewed on 2020-06-08

We have had it for years like it alot it helps us do invoices quickly and effectively very user friendly

Pros

Very user friendly all my office personnel use it daily so if I'm not here they know the customer history and can effectively get a quote

Cons

It sometimes doesn't have the correct hours for a job and sometimes no job listing at all this is probably less than 10 percent of the time

Kevin

Reviewed on 2020-05-26

Overall, we very much like the software. We have been using it for 6 years, and will continue to do so.

Pros

Ease of use. Very low cost. Estimating, invoicing, and reporting are all there.

Cons

Labor times on larger/less common jobs can be all over the map when checked against other sources. Sometimes much lower, and sometimes much higher.

Response from Dowell Systems

Kevin - Thank you for your honest and glowing review! We are so happy to have had you for a customer over the last 6 years. Here's to many many more!

Randy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

I have used Real-Time Labor in our business for several years, It is very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

I would highly recommend this to anybody that need a guide for flat rate time.

I would highly recommend this to anybody that need a guide for flat rate time.

Pros

We are mainly a heavy truck repair shop. Software is very easy to use. I use it as a guide for the flat rate repair. The information in it is consistent with other repair shops as far as time.

Cons

Only had a couple of things that was not covered as far a repair.

Response from Dowell Systems

Randy - Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy to have you as a customer!

Randy

• Customer Support Software

Great software for a great price

Reviewed on 2020-05-26

Pros

I love this product. It makes doing my repair tickets easy

Cons

Sometimes finding the actual repair type is a little bit difficult due to the way they are categorized.

Response from Dowell Systems

Randy - Thank you for your honest and glowing review! We tried hard to setup the categories in a way that makes sense. Don't forget to use the keyword search if you ever have trouble finding something in the categories.

MICHAEL

Most accurate Labor guide I've found

Reviewed on 2020-06-09

Pros

the ease of use is outstanding and the accuracy of the times is right on in most cases.

Cons

I have not yet found anything to not like

David

Reviewed on 2020-06-04

Have been using it for over 8 years and have found it very useful. We also use Alldata to cross reference labor times. tried their invoicing/ management software but found it too cumbersome.

Pros

Price is very good and ease of use as well is very good

Cons

Going forward it may be good to have it able to transfer to accounting systems

Justin
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Shop Estimates

Overall, very satisfied.

Overall, very satisfied.

Pros

you can easily add parts, misc., labor and can go in and update/edit the document anytime

Cons

Inaccurate labor times for older Caterpillar engine related repairs

Response from Dowell Systems

Justin - Thank you for your honest review and we are happy to have you as a customer!

John

• Customer Support Software

Nice labor guide for the money

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

Overall it is pretty good. I have stuck with it because it is close with most things I work on.

Pros

Simple to use, easy to navigate. Gives three levels of pricing.

Cons

Biggest issue is sometimes there are operations that do not apply to the vehicle selected, and nothing that applies. It would be nice for a 1% increase per year to compensate for dealing with rust. I do this manually as I live int he rust belt and a 50+ year old car defies the labor guide, I don't care what guide you use, but customers want estimates down to the penny.

Response from Dowell Systems

John - thanks for the honest review and for being our customer all these years!

Brandon

• Customer Support Software

Is perfect for shops that dont want to spend a fortune

I have used it for 8 years and have been completely happy

I have used it for 8 years and have been completely happy

Pros

Professional look to the invoices and custom logo

Cons

More custom vehicle optionsalogoas I work on a lot of odd vehicles and trailers

stephen

tca

Reviewed on 2020-06-08

Pros

easy to use and labor rates broken down into sections

Cons

some labor guides not accurate search engine never works

Steve

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2020-05-26

Pros

Easy to navigate. Mobile friendly. Allows to adjust time and pricing

Cons

Only being able to create a work order at the end of the process

Response from Dowell Systems

Steve - Thank you for your honest review and the high marks you gave us. You're right that you can only print a work order once the ticket has been finalized. We should look and see how to give you the ability to print one that is partially completed. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jeff
  • Industry: Automotive

Great guide for Estimates.

Reviewed on 2020-06-08

Real easy to use and a quick guide.

Real easy to use and a quick guide.

Pros

Inexpensive and straight forward. I use this a lot to compare with extended warranty companies like Mitchell or Alldata.

Cons

Some items missing or times off compared to Alldata, etc.

carter

• Customer Support Software

You need this for your repair shop

Reviewed on 2014-06-17

I started using the labor guide as a 2nd opinion - for 10 bucks it was hard to pass up, and I didn't have to sign a contract so I could cancel if it didn't work out. I am so happy I did - this guide have made us so much money. I always found that it took me 15 - 20 min more to do a job than the other guys tell me it should take. But Real Time seems like they tell you what it will actually take to do the job, instead of what the other guys think it should take. And if there is a big difference between the two, I call them and they help me out. It seems about 50/50 in the rare times I have to call - half the time they admit they are off, half the time its the other guys. Even if they are off, they say they will fix it. Try getting the other guys t do that.

The program is really easy to use, and the customer service folks are great, and I pay for this program several times over with their labor times. I am looking forward to their update where I can save my tickets and bring them back up later.

Joseph

great product and affordable

Reviewed on 2020-06-04

Pros

It is very easy to use and teach others to use. The cost is very fair.

Cons

would like to add a repair order that can be tied to the estimates and invoice