Shopmonkey

Cloud-based auto repair shop management software

4.8/5
4.7/5
4.9/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Corey

CARS

Reviewed on 12/29/2020

Any time I have had problems with the program, (and other business problems), Shopmonkey has been there to help either online and in many cases over the phone. They are always very helpful and I think they truly see us as a customer rather than just another number. They have done a great job of making us feel like part of their distant family (since they are on the west coast and we are in the mid west). ShopMonkey has earned my business, and as long as I can get through this pandemic and keep my shop open ShopMonkey will continue to be a part of it. Thank you everyone at Shopmonkey, and thanks for recognizing we are people just like you!

Pros

I like the ease of using the electronic repair orders and how it is linked right to my quickbooks and I can transfer the data to quikbooks in 1 simple click. Access to Recall, carfax, repair history, and other info, I don't use the feature at this time but the ability to link with suppliers and do so all through my program.

Cons

I have some trouble finding so things that I don't use alot being a small shop some of the features are a little more than I need, and I think the labor guide times are off a bit as I've compared them several time with another program, overall I plan to keep ShopMonkey as my preffered shop program because for the most part is is very simple and it is almost an all-in-one program

ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Because they offered multiple features in 1 product that simplifies lots of my work. Giving me more time to focus on vehicle repair and less office time.
RYAN

• Customer Support Software

Shopmonkey software for wrenching Ryan’s auto repair

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

I definitely highly recommend shop monkey and also recommend pairing it with a system like identifix as well it’s a really good value for what your getting its a better value for larger shops with multiple bays and multiple employees

Pros

The ability to send and get estimates approved by cell phone and email

Cons

The payment system it takes two rolling business days to get payments from shopmonkey to my business account

Identifix and ALLDATA

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I switch because with shopmonkey I can run the software anywhere I have internet where with Napa you have to use one device that has the software loaded on to it

NAPA TRACS

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Mostly the convenience of being able to operate the software in the field I’m a mobile automotive shop so that’s very important to me
Joshua

• Customer Support Software

You do not own our history!

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Not happy with the fact we cannot get accounts receivable of history from Shopmonkey since we have cancelled the subscription. WE OWN THE HISTORY!!! THEY ARE NOT GIVING ME ACCESS THE INFORMATION TO COLLECT FROM ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE! HOW DO WE COLLECT WITHOUT THIS???

Pros

I liked the updated look of the software.

Cons

This is a software created by people who do not work in the automotive industry and do not know how a shop works.

Frank

• Customer Support Software

Shop Monkey is very easy to use in our auto repair shop.

Reviewed on 3/31/2020

We rolled out SM three months ago, moving from paper RO management to no paper. We did this with older non-computer using techs and everything went great. Not looking back at all, we left Aldata Manage. We now can do all shop operations and customer communication with ease. Text approvals and appointment confirmation come rolling in.

Pros

I'v used ADP, R&R, Alldata, Mitchel, and others..........Shop Monkey is the best interface and work flow by far. We love it. Amazing customer support.

Cons

Need a good CRM to manage and reach our customers list.
Need to get the real World Pack order system connected.

Shop Boss

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We were in the dark ages with customer contact & inter shop communication. Took a long..........time to write and RO, and to invoice and close it. I could write a list of fails on the old system.

ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

The interface with the work flow, appointments, ROs, and the invoice process, Digital inspections, Parts ordering in the RO, Customer communication, Ability to move an RO to invoice-appointment-process- and back, with no issues, can't mess up.
Ashley
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 5/21/2020

Pros

I really love the way Shopmonkey is easy to use. I have tried many other shop management systems and NONE are as simple as this one. I truly love the carfax integration, it makes life so much easier, and although there are other shop systems that also have this feature, it definitely wasn't as easy to use as Shopmonkey. In fact I had issues trying to access the carfax information in other systems. I also love the payment terminal, its very modern and easy to use. I am beyond pleased with Shopmonkey.

Cons

There is nothing that I really dislike about Shopmonkey. If I must say, one thing that would work well with the software is adding the option to not only add customer information but also company information. Adding a customer or company switch when adding a new customer would work well here. For Example, as a shop manager I work with a lot of other shops and fix some of their vehicles adding them into Shopmonkey can get complicated because they don't go by first or last name which is required to add a new customer.

Gary

Working with the monkeys

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

copy and paste from 2 above , word to your mother . . . . .

Pros

The team on the intercom chat

The team has always been MORE than helpful in helping me understand how to operate this system , no matter how big or small of a problem i was having .

These 3 people stuck out to me in a BIG way, i am naming them in chronological order of my Shop monkey encounters

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Now i am NOT going to say these 3 people deserve a raise , because that would be insulting to the company and the individuals themselves . These 3 people need to be sitting at a table and making decisions for the sake of the company , as well as the consumer.

I make this decision based on their work ethic , their interaction with their customers, and their overall demeanor. As a small business owner / operator myself, I look for a certain head on a certain set of shoulders. They passed the tests. Do the company a favor and Bring these guys up , have them train the next generation, and set them at the company table with you guys . I would like to go into detail about EACH interaction with you guys. I CAN AND WILL justify every statement made about each interaction.

Cons

In my opinion , a " pay per feature " instead of the bundles packages . . . . . . . .i would buy more features TODAY , but the bundling is WACK

Mitchell RepairCenter and ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Youtube and face book just kept ranting and raving about them
Ellen
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Shop Monkey is USER Friendly~

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

We have had a GREAT overall experience! We were so nervous taking the leap because we have depended on our current program for ten years. So far we are not disappointed
The customer service is OUTSTANDING! Within minutes I have an answer no matter how many questions I have a day!

Pros

We really liked how easy it was to navigate through the system, its really hard to mess anything up because there is so much availability to do things the way you feel comfortable with!

Cons

Just that there is not as much for Tractor and Trailer Repair as that as what we do, we took a leap doing it but has fit us just fine!

Fullbay

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Just wanted something fresh, user friednly

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Although there are similarities, there was a lot with Full Bay that would not be utilized, we have an older generation here that just would be very frustrated so we wanted to make this jump smooth
Alexander

A True Lifesaver

Reviewed on 5/5/2021

There are not enough words to describe what a great purchase it has been. It saved my business and my life.

Pros

Running a small Indy Euro/Performance shop is tough enough and ALLDATA Manage had me oon the brink of suicide because I couldn't effectively run my business.

Cons

I wish it would quote labor times from alldata and be able to order parts from ECSTUNING

Nahim
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

Customizable & Great for Customer Communication!

Reviewed on 4/16/2021

Pros

The customization of the system allows us to set it up to work for our own workflow, both for our fulfillment and service team. Work and updates are easily trackable. The system is also great for customer communication which is very important in all industries.

Cons

Some customization requests take longer to happen but at least the Shopmonkey team cares enough to have a feature request page where users can vote.

Nikki

No Better Shop Management Tool

Reviewed on 3/15/2021

We are really happy with our overall experience and will continue to use shopmonkey to run our shop. Our business is small right now but we are aiming for big growth. I love that shopmonkey can grow with us.

Pros

User friendly, easy to learn and a great layout overall. I love that we can two-way message clients, order parts and track our business success. Their price is very fair and having different options to choose from means that you only have to pay for the features your shop really needs. You are not forced into one high price to cover features you may never touch.

Cons

Not really a con, but it would be amazing to have a shopmonkey mobile app in the future for doing business on the go. The mobile site isn't too bad, but it doesn't always work on my phone. An app with a nice mobile layout would be perfect though.

Charles

Great customer service

Reviewed on 6/13/2020

Pros

Customer service, hands down. The software is relatively problem free but should you need help finding a feature or even adding one that wasn't there before this company is super responsive. Quick, accurate responses that save you time and money.

Practical use is good, the ability to add canned services for commonly sold packages is great. They've recently added the ability to move line items between and within services - sounds small but anything that helps provide more clear communication w/customer is great and the SMS feature, with pictures, is great for that.

Cons

Like most automotive packages some tie in's don't work well - carfax (separate product that SM integrates with) has plenty of problems but that's the carfax product not SM. Same with the parts/labor lookup.
Invoicing and reporting are not as feature rich as other platforms. Things like "sales tax" reports should be integrated into any invoicing package but SM does not handle tax well.

Sean

• Customer Support Software

Great product with top notch customer support

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

As a Service Advisor for 17 years in the dealership world I worked with all of the major dealer management software and a couple of the smaller ones too. There is no perfect solution for every business but the Shopmonkey team does an excellent job of providing a lot of the features present in the major DMS at a fraction of the cost. Anything in my review I marked at 4 stars is because currently I feel it could be improved upon. With Shopmonkey I feel like they will continue to improve their software and have seen evidence of that in the time I've used it.

If you were just to use Shopmonkey for scheduling and customer contact I feel it is worth the money. That is the original reason we started using it and then we began using it for tracking technician efficiency and other reports.

As I said in the title the customer support is excellent and when you ask a question of them they do a great job of showing they are interested and that you are not just contacting a random call center.

Pros

The messaging features are very good and pretty easy to use. The amount of time saved in the day having the ability to text and email customers directly through the system instead of playing phone tag is impossible to put a price tag on. Scheduling is easy to use and functional as well. We don't use it for actual invoicing but use the system for time tracking and efficiency reports for my technicians and it is good for that role. I've looked at the invoicing side and it looks well integrated.

It is also fairly easy to train people that are not super computer savvy on this system which boosts efficiency. Time is money and Shopmonkey can help you save time.

Cons

It's hard to put a finger on this because whenever a fault is found they are very responsive to fixing it or explaining how to do it when it is end user error.

Dimitri

We love Shopmonkey

Reviewed on 12/9/2020

We LOVE it.
Shopmonkey has increased our productivity and organization in the shop.

Pros

We like the novelty of the software. The software we were using was old-school and not too user friendly.
Shopmonkey is user friendly and anyone can learn it simply by navigating through it and/or watching a few YouTube videos.

We also love that we can send our customers messages when we create their appointments and reminders. We noticed that we have less no shows after using this feature. Our customers love the reminders as well.

Sending the estimates via text message has also increased the authorization rates. Customers can look at the estimate, read our notes and authorize the job with a click of a button.

We also appreciate the customer support which has been a huge asset in learning and navigating the software with ease.

Communicating with customers has become easier with Shopmonkey. We usually get busy toward the end of the day when customers are picking up...while we're busy we can notify customers that their car is ready via text message.

We also love the workflow feature to keep us updated throughout the day and to keep our customers updated as well. The workflow feature has allowed us to stop using the white board. More oganization.

Shopmonkey can be used on any computer and tablet; therefore, we can check the calendar from home if we want to.

Can't forget the calendar feature as well showing us our appointments for the day.

Cons

The mileage being required before printing an invoice. Basically not allowing us to print an invoice if we didn't input the mileage out.
It is a big liability if we forget to enter the mileage out.

DANIEL

• Customer Support Software

All Your shop management needs in this amazing , cloud-based software

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

I was impressed at the screen shots of the Graphical User Interface and jumped in the free trial. I am extremely pleased that the actual use of the software beat my expectations in terms of functionality and support. The ability to access all of my shop data from anywhere with an internet connection is awesome. The GUI is not cluttered and easy to navigate while still maintaining a vast amount of available features. The ability to go from start to finish (from appointments to payment collection) in one, easy to use application has saved me from frustration and headache and allows me to convert my time normally spent doing clerical work into shop productivity.
THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS OUTSTANDING!!!

Pros

Being able to create CANNED services, and the different ways to keep customers informed via text/email are cruxes for me.
Creating and saving CANNED services saves valuable time, and simplifies creating work orders and estimates/invoices.
One thing I used to hear customers say a lot about shops and companies is, "I would just like a phone call or SOMETHING to keep me informed." ShopMonkey solved that for me.
I LOVE that the software is ACTUALLY as easy as it looks, to use.

Cons

Outside integration of other card readers (such as Square for example) would be greatly appreciated. The upfront cost of having to purchase a card reader and pay a monthly service fee on top for integrated payments is a big turn-off for me when I already have a card reading service. I would consider perhaps a service where the ShopMonkey card reader can be "leased to purchase" with monthly payments. I.e. $35 a month for 12 months for the card reader and service is more manageable, especially for small, brand-new businesses.

Josh

Shopmonkey Review by Service 658

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

The thing that I like most about the software is the support. If there is ever a question or concern that myself or my team have, the Shopmonkey support team is fast and extremely helpful. The program checks almost every box that our business needs to operate. The boxes the program does not check, they are in the process of implementing with their amazing engineering team.

Pros

Creating a repair order is exceedingly simple. Our company model of after-hours fleet maintenance requires that our technicians have to create repair orders, thus having a program that is simple to use makes life better. Plus, our clients love the text communication feature.

Cons

There are some items that Shopmonkey does not have that would help my business. For instance, batch payment so that I can apply payments to my fleet charge accounts more easily. However, that is being developed with their engineering team and scheduled to roll out soon.

Mark

Form and Function

Reviewed on 5/26/2020

It's been very smooth across the board. We brought it on as an appointment scheduling tool as well as a Mobile Repair Potential when we're out on jobs and delivering bikes for pick up or drop off.

Pros

As a bike shop owner things have to be organized.

The system allows me to quickly organize a large docket of requests and organize them by priority and types of requests.

This is huge because it allows us to quickly communicate to our customers and give them realistic expectations prior to their arrival.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the feature is not having implemented it earlier and in hopes that it will integrate more into other POS assets.

We currently have it integrated onto our website and is working smoothly - ideally if it were able to integrate with our POS system that would be perfect.

It would be nice to create contracts and subscriptions that are based around small businesses like ours as well or have flex plans but all in all I think what you're offering is of fair value.

We're still moving off our old system and training the staff on the new system is the only hurdle in that we are back logged on the old one.

Wills

Almost 2 years in and it's still making us $ weekly

Reviewed on 10/30/2020

Ive spoken with many members of the SM team, from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on down. Ive yet to encounter someone whos unwilling to enthusiastically help us. Sm has make the connection from Customer>Administrative>Technician much more seamless. Our clients love the text reminders, professional quotes and ability to text us back with questions or comments. If you want ORGANIZATION of your auto business, this will do it.

Pros

The customer service and consistent updates of the software is def. top notch. They listen to users and their needs , provide excellent chat feedback and webinars on how to further implement the features of their software.

Cons

Currently the only con I would say is the lack of an actual phone app. However, they've told us by end of year it should be released - cant wait!

Gabrielle

• Customer Support Software

Absolutely the BEST software for any automotive business

Reviewed on 8/13/2018

You can stop reading reviews. EVERYONE loves this app. If you have an automotive business, this is the app you need.

Pros

The Software Support Team is the #1 reason to use this software. Any company can build an app that functions, but the team at Shopmonkey has not only built an amazing app, but they are always available to fix any bugs you may run into immediately. They are constantly in the process of growing the app and adapting it to their clients use. They care about you, your business and how the software works for you.

Beyond their support, the app features are virtually perfect and always growing. The ability to send text confirmations and receipts to clients got me hooked. The way they've set up the intended workflow is simple, but powerful. There is no jumping from screen to screen to complete one task or look up information.

Cons

This app only supports quickbooks online for accounting integration and Stripe payment gateway for in-app payments. I use XERO and Paypal for my business - literally the only downfall.
While having these integrations would be nice, the value of this product as a whole makes up for anything it lacks.

angela

• Customer Support Software

shopmonkey is the key to running a smooth shop

Reviewed on 7/12/2021

shopmonkey is a little guardian angel of software

Pros

from online invoicing and updating the customers about the repair every step of the way that feature alone saves my mechanics time by not being on the phone all day .
The parts inventory is so useful tracks every item for you
I could go on and on about this software its amazing everybody that needs a all in one software for invoicing should try this

Cons

schematics for heavy duty would be nice

Kristina

Changed our business!!

Reviewed on 3/25/2020

I LOVE the fact that we finally look professional!!! I love hearing the positive feed back from our customers on all levels, from the appointment reminders, to the email final receipts so we are not wasting paper! I love that I have been able to close my waiting room during this COVID -19 pandemic and do all customer contact over the web. I was even able to send a customized message with the message tab letting our customers know how we are conducting business at this time. Just so many cool things I love about this program and so EASY to use!!

Pros

That we can email, text and have customers authorize directly from their phone or email. The layout is so nice and easy to see. Love that I can just type in a style of a car and it shows me all we have worked on, in case I have forgotten a customer name. Just so many great features!!!

Cons

Nothing really, I was running on a hand written system that had the potential of having so many clerical and addition errors with my husband adding things up on his own.

Rebecca

Easy to use/implement

Reviewed on 8/4/2020

So far we are very happy with Shopmonkey, all of our staff has picked it up very quickly - it is a no nonsense approach to inventory, service orders, keeping in contact with customers and building a user-friendly database. Oh and it communicates with QuickBooks, flawlessly....need I say more.... We're in!

Pros

Shopmonkey is very easy to set up/get started. Importing our data was incredibly easy, this software is the most user-friendly point of sale I've worked with!!

Cons

There seems to be a bit of functionality that is missing (i.e processing a return) - however when I reach out to support they respond in real time with solutions and ensure me that the issue at hand will be addressed.

Alex

Highline Motorsports Group, LLC. Shopmonkey Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

We took a gamble jumping on board and have been extremely pleased with the Shop Monkey software. The guys running it are easy to get ahold of, receptive to bug issue changes, and talk to you like an actual person vs. some tech support agent from overseas reading off a prompt. All the functionality we need as a shop we can do with it, its been an invaluable tool for us as we are a new shop and any assets we can get to help us get going are awesome to have. I would absolutely recommend Shop Monkey to any small or large shop out there!

Pros

The UI design is very modern, fluid and well put together. Looks great and works great as well. Functionality such as being able to simply text/email customers notes, estimates, questions, etc. instead of having to spend time on the phone is fantastic. The design is very self-explanatory for the most part and easy to jump right in and start using. Tech support is excellent, am able to talk directly to the guys who build the software often within 30 seconds of needing support, and they take suggestions for improvements and apply them quite often. We previously used a very popular shop management software and hated it, made the jump to Shop Monkey and have not been disappointed.

Cons

Nothing major to report, just a few odds and ends here and there, few functionality/display issues, but tech support is always right on top of it and releases are put out relatively often with bug fixes.

Chris

Best ever SMS

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Best experience ever with the software. As a shop owner I know communication is key. I found one of the biggest customer complaint is communicating. Removing the telephone aspect of the job. I found my service managers communication and customer satisfaction went way up. Non stop compliments on how much better we are than the competition for the simple fact we communicated. Thanks Shopmonkey

Pros

Easy to integrate, easy to use, and more features and benefits that work seamlessly. Customers love the way it works with text message updates.

Cons

It wasn’t around before the competition. I really can’t say anything negative. If I did have something I know the team at Shopmonkey would work on it right away.

Tyler

Shop monkey!!!!

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

There are so many PROS to using shop monkey, the biggest overall factor when it comes to using any system is Organization and Shopmonkey is just that, by far the most organized and user friendly system ive every used. Shopmonkey has integrations for all taxes and records which make things even easier. One very excellent system. Along with a well built system would be the customer support behind their product If any problems arise i have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the team to help me through it every step of the way. Shopmonkey has turned our shop into a proficient machine and i do not see any other way to do it. I will recommend shop monkey to any business owner or manager!

Pros

There are so many PROS to using Shopmonkey.
Customer support, Fantastic system!!, Organization, Productivity tracking, messaging directly to clients, internal notes, Quickbooks integrations, VIN lookup, profitability tracking and the biggest one is the work flow!

Cons

There are always cons to systems but i have yet to find a CON with shop monkey!

George

• Customer Support Software

Shopmonkey makes life easy at auto repair shop

Reviewed on 8/29/2019

Daily quoting and invoicing became a breeze.

Pros

No bugs, fast, customer support, works as advertised!

Cons

Some features are missing that were available in ARC, system we used before. Namely around discounting and invoice templating.

QuickBooks Online Advanced