Tekmetric

Kathy

All-in-One Product for your shop

Wonderful!

Wonderful!

Pros

Screens are laid out logically. You can easily click from one are to the next. Less key strokes is better productivity. It is 'simpler' than other programs, but it includes everything we need to operate the shop.
Having the vehicle details, fluids,filters,etc. on the right-side menu is the BEST!

Cons

When you click on a job from the job board, the RO opens on the Summary Tab. I always jump to the 'Estimate' tab. I wish I could select to have the RO open to that Estimate Tab.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Kathy! Thank you for reviewing Tekmetric. It is great to hear that the layout of Tekmetric is allowing your shop to be more efficient. Regarding the concern around the estimate tab, I want to make sure you are understanding the full value of that screen. We typically jump straight to that tab because you can utilize the job history tab to easily duplicate recurring work for a customer such as oil changes with the click of a button. I would be happy to have our Customer Success team review these items with you if this is something you are open to. Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric! I hope to hear from you soon.

Stephen

• Customer Support Software

The proof of the pudding will be revealed when I can taste it

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

Have not yet deployed it in our operation so it's too early to tell. Automotive Shop Owner forums have spoken very highly of the product but we aren't "there yet" . I hope I can agree with my colleagues in the industry when we have been using it after a few months. In the meantime, the learning curve has been a painful slog.

Pros

The Technical Support Staff are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !! Patient, responsive, and professional. Unfortunately when you know the names of the support staff because you are on their chat line so frequently, that's not a good statement about the product's (lack of) ease of use. Their chat staff are great due to their rapid response and knowledge of their product

Cons

Ease of use, lack of intuitive and adaptation to our workflow

Shopware

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

RO Writer has mediocre technical support, training is available only through payment. The company is not keeping pace with changes in the profession.

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Shopwar when I last reviewed and tested it wasted too much "real estate" of the screen and when I discusses this with the development team at Kansas City Vision 2020, they were not receptive to making logical changes and improvements
stephen

• Customer Support Software

Unhappy purchase-company does not actively fix issues

Reviewed on 2022-01-05

Its tough. there are benefits to the program-so many little things that could be fixed that they simply acknowledge but don't. Their sales people present the "great product out there" in sales-after the sale it gets a little snarky.

Pros

Smoother modern style program. Work screen is easy to work with. Authorization on large tickets is nice. Nice clean invoice.

Cons

So many ease of use details that were skipped. This software needed to be beta run for a year or at least be willing to fix issues-not Phone friendly-

Randy

Shop management change

Reviewed on 2020-07-06

Pros

i like the fact that the software was all inclusive, digital inspection, calendar and shop management software all in one place

Cons

the only down side is the invoice entry, to return a part is a long process, wish there was a shorter wat to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Lankar has not updated there system in quite a while and does not provide any of the online benefits that Tekmetric does

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

i chose Teckmetric because of the ease of use

Response from Tekmetric

Randy, we love that you find value in Tekmetric! We are trying to incorporate several different features into one easy to use platform. We are also working on ways to streamline processes like invoice entry. More and more updates to come!

Juan

Thank you!

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

Less paper and ink usage and digital innovation.

Less paper and ink usage and digital innovation.

Pros

Innovative, adaptable, clean and easy to use.

Cons

To early to tell, so far everything has exceeded my expectation.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Was limited to other possibilities and seemed some what hostage to an old and antiquated system.

User friendly and innovative

Response from Tekmetric

Hello Juan! We are thrilled to hear that your experience with Tekmetric has exceeded your expectations. As a reminder, as you are continuing to navigate the system, our team is always happy to help you learn all of the tips and tricks around the software.

Juan

The future of SMS

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

We use tekmetric on a daily basis. It is very important for the management of our business. Being able to work on different Repair orders at once has been a big plus for us. They also integrate very well with other programs we use. Customer service is excellent and they are always updating and making the program better

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is cloud based and the ease of use. There is not a big learning curve which is super important when switching from another system

Cons

I would have to say it’s the reporting. The fact that it needs to be transferred to an excel spreadsheet in order to print. But I’m sure they will fix this soon as they are very responsive and open to suggestions.

Response from Tekmetric

From the entire Tekmetric team - THANK YOU, Juan! We appreciate your kind words, and we'll continue to be the best SMS for your shop!

Mark

Perfect Shop Management Software

Reviewed on 2020-01-23

Pros

The wonderful team who created and manage the software. Can't wait to see what they have coming next!

Cons

I like everything about this software. No complaints.

Response from Tekmetric

Wow! From the entire Tekmteric team - THANK YOU, Mark. We are happy to see your shop is getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will only get better!

Daniel

Awesome Product with Great Support

Reviewed on 2020-01-23

This system is wonderful when managing and running my automotive repair business.

Pros

Awesome system with great support that is always getting updated with new options

Cons

I have not really found anything negative about it since any bugs or needed features the Tekmetric team is always updating and adding new features to it.

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Cost compared to product capability and features

Response from Tekmetric

Daniel, thank you for the positive review. We have a lot coming out for 2020

Andrew

Honest

Reviewed on 2021-10-07

I have had a good experience so far, the support team is good and knowledgeable, and quick to solve problems

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and learn, I love the TIme clock features for the techs we love having them clock in and out at the start and end of the day, it is also nice to have a time clock for each job, this prevents loss of time throughout the day. The information you get from the home screen is great, a service writer can look at the home page and know what's going on, where the vehicle is at without asking the tech or opening the RO.

Cons

I don't like how invoices are sent via email to customers, they are sent in a shrunk-down version, the customer needs to hit drop-down arrows or hit print in the right-hand corner to view the descriptions it is confusing and a pain I've had customers call and complain that they cant see the work we down.

I don't like how there is no date box for State inspections, this piece of information is vital to shops that have state inspections, and our marketing companies need to be able to see these upcoming dates and send out reminders this is a huge loss leader and I hope they fix it soon.

STOP UPDATING SOFTWARE IN THE MIDDLE OR ON SUNDAYS, DO YOUR UPDATES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS, let the Saturday shops be the genie pigs, having the software crash Monday morning or during the week is not fun.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

They were not moving with the times, i wanted to be able to work from home, and their reporting was so bad

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

The ease of the software
G. Frank
G. Frank

Tried and Failed

Reviewed on 2021-08-24

My overall experience with Tekmetric is that I would love to have the program operating in my shop but I found it too hard to implement under current circumstances with the current work force. I was 67 years old and just found it too exhausting so we gave up and went back to our previous system. If I don't get out of the business I make take a future crack at it again. Hopefully I will have better staff to help me if I do and since Tekmetric is constantly tweaking the product it may be easier to implement then.

Pros

What I like most about the sofware is the ability to implement detail inspections with video inspections. The software has a lot of great features and seems to be cutting edge and constantly undergo improvement. It seems to be the number one software that shops are mirgrating to.

Cons

What I liked least was it was difficult to learn and didn't seem intuitive enough. The period of time that we had to do tutorials and learn the system was not long enough for me. The other item is the labor guide employed by Tekmetric. There are a lot of comments that the labor time is too low on many jobs. You don't like having to bounce around and verify labor times.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Frank! Thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric as your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Like you, most of our shops really find the DVI tool to be beneficial for their shops. I hate to hear that you had a hard time in the transition and want to you know that it is our number one goal to make sure all of our shops are comfortable with Tekmetric so we do offer a variety of training options including the training hub videos, live webinars, one -on-one training, and onsite training. We offer these tools because we know how hard it can be to make a software switch, especially if you have been using your legacy software for several years.

As you said, we are constantly updating Tekmetric and the Labor Guide is one of those items that we are consistently updating.

If you do make the decision to come back to Tekmetric please do not hesitate to utilize the various training rules and ask for some additional hand holding because we are willing to accommodate your shop!

Jason

TekMetric for the win!

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Our experience with TekMetric just keeps getting better.

Our experience with TekMetric just keeps getting better.

Pros

TekMetric has been a huge benefit to our business. The ease of use is outstanding, and they’re constantly upgrading the system according to what the users request. The TM team is second to none.

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like. I do wish some of the upgrades could come faster, but I know quality takes time.

Shop-Ware

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Jason! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear the benefit that the system has provided for you and your team at the shop. It is our goal to make sure the system is user friendly and a part of that is not only making it easy to use but enhancing the software based on the needs of our shops. So we thank you for your patience as we are pushing out these releases and recognizing that good quality does take time. Thank you again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Nicole

Great Sales Tool

Reviewed on 2021-08-14

The people at Tekmetric are great. They are quick to assist you. The software is very good. I like this product.

Pros

Tekmetric is a great sales tool. It gives accurate sales reporting. It is fairly easy to use and looks great on the screen.

Cons

Since I am the one who deals with the accounting, I can say that there are a few things that could be improved. Tekmetric uses a company called Back Office to integrate with Quick Books. This company has an all or nothing approach to stock items, so there is more to do to have tickets flow into the right categories. It is very easy to change things in the Back Office before integrating, so it is just a matter of a few extra steps. Tekmetric is a sales tool and not an accounting program. We came from a company that did both, but not accurately.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Nicole, thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric! We are happy to hear that this shop management system has been a good sales tool for you and that your shop is seeing the benefits of our reporting capabilities. In regards to the integration with The Back Office, our team would be happy to assist with any questions that you may have regarding the triggers that send items from Tekmetric to to Accounting Link through TBO. If you review our Knowledge Base article, Accounting Link & Tekmetric Integration FAQS, which you can access by clicking the question mark within Tekmetric, I think that will also provide some assistance. Again, thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric! We appreciate the feedback!

Dori
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Shop management essential

Reviewed on 2023-07-19

Pros

This program makes scheduling , billing, technicians workload, and progress a breeze. The text invoice feature helps the business as well as vehicle owner.

Cons

The program crashes more then others that I have used. It also loses communications with parts houses often.

vincent

• Customer Support Software

Works great looks good & the digital inspections work good cust love it.

Reviewed on 2020-01-24

I like it so far,

I like it so far,

Pros

New updated look DVI is good they keep improving the software with updates & new fetures,help line is good

Cons

Doesnt have texting back & forth to cust,could use more admin functions & ability,
Web base if it goes down your down no way to keep it going

Response from Tekmetric

Vincent, thank you! We love to hear that you AND your customers are enjoying Tekmetric's features. We'll continue to improve and provide for your shop.

Tracy

Great Product with Wonderful Features

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Whenever we have an issue, it is critical to have an issue addressed. The Customer Service team with Tekmetric has been outstanding. The respond quickly and are very transparent.

Pros

The ease of use and set up of the product is great.

Cons

The reporting process is a bit of an issue. Primarily due to the way we run our offices. The product works well and provides well for our needs.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Tracy! Thank you for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that the system is easy to use for you and your team as that is how we designed it so you could spend more time helping your customers and running your shop more efficiently instead of spending more time writing repair orders.

Also, our Customer Success team can take a look at reporting with you if you give us at call at 832-930-9400, option 2. Our team can review how you run your shop and identify the best way to use the reports to get the information you need.

Thank you again for taking the time reviewing Tekmetric!

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Great shop managment system!

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

had some issues switching from ro writer to tekmetrics but team was very helpful and the issues were taken care of. support team is very helpful

Pros

built in digital courtesy inspections are great. very easy to use system. our customers love the text messaging feature and approvals right from there phone

Cons

appointments should change color to indicate customer is here and repair order has been started

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Michael! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that you are finding benefits from the built in DVIs feature and are finding it easy to use as that is one of the easiest ways to increase your shop's ARO. Regarding the appointment calendar, we can understand why you would have a need for the appointments to change color automatically but we do have shops that manually update the colors on the calendar at this time. However, please rest assured that we will make sure it is on our Feature Request Board for review by our product team. Thank you again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Robbie

• Customer Support Software

Faster, Modern, Effective Shop Management Software with built in Digital Vehicle Inspections

Reviewed on 2021-05-06

Tekmetric has allowed us to incorporate digital vehicle inspections into our automotive repair business. Our customers love being able to receive a detailed report with pictures of every issue we find on the vehicle. Overall, it's been a fantastic product and I would definitely recommend it to any shop owner/manager looking to update from one of the many archaic management software systems that are still being marketed today.

Pros

The software is cloud based, but it's extremely fast and effective. The development team is constantly working to improve the software and respond to feature requests from users. I have been highly impressed with the level of customer service and the responsiveness of the developers. Tekmetric is a comprehensive shop management system with integrated parts ordering, digital vehicle inspections, and reporting. It's intuitive to use and works consistently without bugs or glitches.

Cons

The training materials are a little bit scant, but the software is so intuitive that most users that are comfortable browsing the web will be able to figure it out. Also, they offer live chat support and are happy to answer any questions we have.

KC

Love this software

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Really love it so far! We have increased shop sales and productivity.

Really love it so far! We have increased shop sales and productivity.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, can be glitchy but the downtime is minimal. Keeps everything flowing in the shop and canned jobs make it easy to send quick quotes.

Cons

No "counter service" option for parts pick up only. We still have to select a vehicle and assign a tech even though it is not always necessary.

Daniel

DR Automotive

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

We came from Alldata Manage Online and Tekmetric is night/day difference. Ease of use is incredible...

Pros

Ease of searching cars, customers, numbers, plates, etc.
That I can hop on from my phone from anywhere and build estimates.

Cons

RO Board gets messy fast and you can't do a quick counter sale

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Daniel! Thank you for review! We love to hear that Tekmetric has made your life easier due to the accessibility of the app. It is our goal for you to be able to meet your customers where they are at whether that is in their car, in the bay, or at the counter. When it comes to the Job Board, we encourage our shops to use the filters for better viewing. To learn more about job filters take a look at our Job Board Navigation Video on YouTube or give our Customer Success team at call at 832-930-9400, option 2 and they can assist you with best practices around viewing the job board.

David

Happy Shop Owner

Reviewed on 2021-10-12

I am extremely happy with the software. It was a great upgrade from our previous software package from another provider.

Pros

Web based, easy to learn and use with a high functionality and great features. The company makes several changes and upgrades and is very responsive.

Cons

We use a digital vehicle inspection from another software provider and would love to see a more robust digital vehicle inspection and texting system integrated into this software.

mark

service advisor

great

great

Pros

easy to use straight forward not a lot of a learning curve

Cons

needs a better return of parts and warranty of parts

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Mark! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that you were able to start using Tekmetric relatively quick due to the easy to use platform. Regarding parts returns and warranty information, our Customer Success team is more than happy to assist you with some best practices, feel free to give them a call at 832-930-9400, option 2.

MATTHEW
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

TEKMETRIC

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

OVERALL THE POS IS OK IT IS EASY TO USE AND DOES NO0T REQUIRE CONSTANT UPDATES LIKE RO WRITER

Pros

BEING ABLE TO INTEGRATE A DVI WITH OUR POS SYSTEM

Cons

LABOR GUIDE NEEDS WORK HAVING TO DOUBLE CHECK IN ALL DATA IS TIME CONSUMING

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Mattew! Thanks for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We appreciate your feedback about the labor guide and want to reassure you it is something our team is constantly updating and working on. We are also happy to hear that you are finding value from our built-in DVI as we find this item alone has increased shops ARO by $100 overall.

Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Joseph

Great upgrade

Its been great

Its been great

Pros

The text to pay option. The bar on the side that has the fluids, filters, specs and other various bits of information. The VIN lookup that looks up and adds the exact submodel. The software runs quickly and they have great online help and IT support. Canned Job Feature

Cons

The schedule is clunky when it comes to moving appointments around on the calendar. You can not put a repeating appointment on the calendar without going to each day and placing it on there.

Evan

why did I switch to Tekmetrics

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

Pleased with the overall products and how well Tekmetric team listens to our concerns

Pros

How well we can communicate the customers via text and email

Cons

labor guide is not accurate at all, sometimes off by over 70 %

Response from Tekmetric

Evan, thank you! We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features.

sean

• Customer Support Software

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop

Reviewed on 2021-10-18

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop. Just a solid system

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop. Just a solid system

Pros

easy, non computer people can use. Our technicians use it very easily

Cons

Not much. maybe parts could be have some more time spent on to work out bugs. We have parts manager that would be able to give better insight

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Sean! Thanks for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We are excited to hear that the ease of use is providing benefits to your team. We would also be more than happy to hear more about the requirements needed from your Parts Manager to make this piece more simplified. Please have him give us a call at 832-930-9400