Tekmetric

4.8/5

Randy

Shop management change

Reviewed on 2020-07-06

Pros

i like the fact that the software was all inclusive, digital inspection, calendar and shop management software all in one place

Cons

the only down side is the invoice entry, to return a part is a long process, wish there was a shorter wat to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Lankar has not updated there system in quite a while and does not provide any of the online benefits that Tekmetric does

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

i chose Teckmetric because of the ease of use

Response from Tekmetric

Randy, we love that you find value in Tekmetric! We are trying to incorporate several different features into one easy to use platform. We are also working on ways to streamline processes like invoice entry. More and more updates to come!

Stephen

• Customer Support Software

The proof of the pudding will be revealed when I can taste it

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

Have not yet deployed it in our operation so it's too early to tell. Automotive Shop Owner forums have spoken very highly of the product but we aren't "there yet" . I hope I can agree with my colleagues in the industry when we have been using it after a few months. In the meantime, the learning curve has been a painful slog.

Pros

The Technical Support Staff are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !! Patient, responsive, and professional. Unfortunately when you know the names of the support staff because you are on their chat line so frequently, that's not a good statement about the product's (lack of) ease of use. Their chat staff are great due to their rapid response and knowledge of their product

Cons

Ease of use, lack of intuitive and adaptation to our workflow

Shopware

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

RO Writer has mediocre technical support, training is available only through payment. The company is not keeping pace with changes in the profession.

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Shopwar when I last reviewed and tested it wasted too much "real estate" of the screen and when I discusses this with the development team at Kansas City Vision 2020, they were not receptive to making logical changes and improvements
stephen

• Customer Support Software

Unhappy purchase-company does not actively fix issues

Reviewed on 2022-01-05

Its tough. there are benefits to the program-so many little things that could be fixed that they simply acknowledge but don't. Their sales people present the "great product out there" in sales-after the sale it gets a little snarky.

Pros

Smoother modern style program. Work screen is easy to work with. Authorization on large tickets is nice. Nice clean invoice.

Cons

So many ease of use details that were skipped. This software needed to be beta run for a year or at least be willing to fix issues-not Phone friendly-

Juan

Thank you!

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

Less paper and ink usage and digital innovation.

Less paper and ink usage and digital innovation.

Pros

Innovative, adaptable, clean and easy to use.

Cons

To early to tell, so far everything has exceeded my expectation.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Was limited to other possibilities and seemed some what hostage to an old and antiquated system.

User friendly and innovative

Response from Tekmetric

Hello Juan! We are thrilled to hear that your experience with Tekmetric has exceeded your expectations. As a reminder, as you are continuing to navigate the system, our team is always happy to help you learn all of the tips and tricks around the software.

Juan

The future of SMS

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

We use tekmetric on a daily basis. It is very important for the management of our business. Being able to work on different Repair orders at once has been a big plus for us. They also integrate very well with other programs we use. Customer service is excellent and they are always updating and making the program better

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is cloud based and the ease of use. There is not a big learning curve which is super important when switching from another system

Cons

I would have to say it’s the reporting. The fact that it needs to be transferred to an excel spreadsheet in order to print. But I’m sure they will fix this soon as they are very responsive and open to suggestions.

Response from Tekmetric

From the entire Tekmetric team - THANK YOU, Juan! We appreciate your kind words, and we'll continue to be the best SMS for your shop!

Mark

Perfect Shop Management Software

Reviewed on 2020-01-23

Pros

The wonderful team who created and manage the software. Can't wait to see what they have coming next!

Cons

I like everything about this software. No complaints.

Response from Tekmetric

Wow! From the entire Tekmteric team - THANK YOU, Mark. We are happy to see your shop is getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will only get better!

Andrew

Honest

Reviewed on 2021-10-07

I have had a good experience so far, the support team is good and knowledgeable, and quick to solve problems

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and learn, I love the TIme clock features for the techs we love having them clock in and out at the start and end of the day, it is also nice to have a time clock for each job, this prevents loss of time throughout the day. The information you get from the home screen is great, a service writer can look at the home page and know what's going on, where the vehicle is at without asking the tech or opening the RO.

Cons

I don't like how invoices are sent via email to customers, they are sent in a shrunk-down version, the customer needs to hit drop-down arrows or hit print in the right-hand corner to view the descriptions it is confusing and a pain I've had customers call and complain that they cant see the work we down.

I don't like how there is no date box for State inspections, this piece of information is vital to shops that have state inspections, and our marketing companies need to be able to see these upcoming dates and send out reminders this is a huge loss leader and I hope they fix it soon.

STOP UPDATING SOFTWARE IN THE MIDDLE OR ON SUNDAYS, DO YOUR UPDATES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS, let the Saturday shops be the genie pigs, having the software crash Monday morning or during the week is not fun.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

They were not moving with the times, i wanted to be able to work from home, and their reporting was so bad

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

The ease of the software
Zach

Simplified

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Time and ease! This program has simplified the total process helping service writers get jobs done for our customers.

Pros

This software makes my work life easier. There are less clicks to get what you need done, which is a HUGE timesaver. The information pulled from the VIN is helpful, also all of the service info for this specific vehicle, fluid types and quantities, filters and their part numbers, even service bulletins available. I have found that this system helps me keep track of the total process of customers and their vehicle repairs, and the option to send repair estimates to customers allowing them to review and approve from there home or office. Coming from the dealership and using different software, I believe Tekmetric is the best one yet!

Cons

The ONLY thing I would like to see is the ability to build a quick estimate for our customers that call on the phone and they are looking for a quick estimate.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Zach! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are thrilled to hear that you love some of our vehicle specific info in the gray sidebar. Our goal in building that was to put everything you need at your fingertips and it looks like it is doing the trick! Regarding quick quotes, this is something we have steered away from because it can cause lost leads. The way we look at it if you are going to take the time to build the quote, atleast get the customer name and phone number so you have a way to follow up on the quote. However, as I am sure you are aware, you can also up-vote this on our Feature Request Board because that is what drives development at Tekmetric. Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Jason

TekMetric for the win!

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Our experience with TekMetric just keeps getting better.

Our experience with TekMetric just keeps getting better.

Pros

TekMetric has been a huge benefit to our business. The ease of use is outstanding, and they’re constantly upgrading the system according to what the users request. The TM team is second to none.

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like. I do wish some of the upgrades could come faster, but I know quality takes time.

Shop-Ware

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Jason! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear the benefit that the system has provided for you and your team at the shop. It is our goal to make sure the system is user friendly and a part of that is not only making it easy to use but enhancing the software based on the needs of our shops. So we thank you for your patience as we are pushing out these releases and recognizing that good quality does take time. Thank you again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

G. Frank
G. Frank

Tried and Failed

Reviewed on 2021-08-24

My overall experience with Tekmetric is that I would love to have the program operating in my shop but I found it too hard to implement under current circumstances with the current work force. I was 67 years old and just found it too exhausting so we gave up and went back to our previous system. If I don't get out of the business I make take a future crack at it again. Hopefully I will have better staff to help me if I do and since Tekmetric is constantly tweaking the product it may be easier to implement then.

Pros

What I like most about the sofware is the ability to implement detail inspections with video inspections. The software has a lot of great features and seems to be cutting edge and constantly undergo improvement. It seems to be the number one software that shops are mirgrating to.

Cons

What I liked least was it was difficult to learn and didn't seem intuitive enough. The period of time that we had to do tutorials and learn the system was not long enough for me. The other item is the labor guide employed by Tekmetric. There are a lot of comments that the labor time is too low on many jobs. You don't like having to bounce around and verify labor times.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Frank! Thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric as your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Like you, most of our shops really find the DVI tool to be beneficial for their shops. I hate to hear that you had a hard time in the transition and want to you know that it is our number one goal to make sure all of our shops are comfortable with Tekmetric so we do offer a variety of training options including the training hub videos, live webinars, one -on-one training, and onsite training. We offer these tools because we know how hard it can be to make a software switch, especially if you have been using your legacy software for several years.

As you said, we are constantly updating Tekmetric and the Labor Guide is one of those items that we are consistently updating.

If you do make the decision to come back to Tekmetric please do not hesitate to utilize the various training rules and ask for some additional hand holding because we are willing to accommodate your shop!

Daniel

Awesome Product with Great Support

Reviewed on 2020-01-23

This system is wonderful when managing and running my automotive repair business.

Pros

Awesome system with great support that is always getting updated with new options

Cons

I have not really found anything negative about it since any bugs or needed features the Tekmetric team is always updating and adding new features to it.

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Cost compared to product capability and features

Response from Tekmetric

Daniel, thank you for the positive review. We have a lot coming out for 2020

William

Tekmetric is Terrific

Reviewed on 2021-10-05

This software makes running a shop much easier. The system works and the customer service is fantastic.

Pros

Love the fact it is in the cloud. I can use it on all the computers and tablets in the shop.

Cons

The appointment scheduling needs to be expanded to have seperate schedule for each tech

Response from Tekmetric

Hey William! Thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that you find benefit in the fact that our system is cloud based. It is important to us to allow shop owners to get back to their lives with their families and still be able to access their shop from anywhere. We also appreciate you bringing up the need for tech scheduling. This is something that has been brought to our product's team attention and is currently being researched. Thanks again for reviewing Tekmetric, we appreciate you!

Dori
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Shop management essential

Reviewed on 2023-07-19

Pros

This program makes scheduling , billing, technicians workload, and progress a breeze. The text invoice feature helps the business as well as vehicle owner.

Cons

The program crashes more then others that I have used. It also loses communications with parts houses often.

Mark

General use

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

The overall system has been a great improvement from where we used to be. The ease in which it works for us helps with speed and information to our customers. In the long run they get informed when the car is ready and if they need to have extra items done. We do not use the system to its full capacity but what we do use is great.

Pros

I found that transitioning from another program to Tekmetric was fairly seamless and the help when we need it is Always available and very helpful. To add and remove items has got easier as the new additions come into play.

Cons

Earlier when it was growing we needed things and had to wait until they had an update or suggestion. Some items we are still waiting on but most have been addressed. The calendar is a big item for us and we would like for it incorporate staff info or notes.

Kenneth

Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

From beginning to end with set up, training and reporting, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was, and continues to be, integral to our success. Questions are answered almost immediately and the follow up is outstanding.

Pros

Easy integration. With multiple stores, we "built" one store and copied it to the others

Cons

No negative tickets allowed. Nice to have for refunds

Shopware

Was not cloud based

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Ease of use and customer support

Response from Tekmetric

Kenneth, thank you! We're ecstatic to see you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will continue to improve and provide for your shop.

Jeffrey

Great program

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Love the program, highly recommended from a daily user and former user of alldata

Pros

The billing and being able to quote through text messages has cut down on phone time tremendously. best feature of the program I've discovered so far

Cons

Haven't got much to say here, it seems like they designed the program with lots of input from technicians.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Jeffrey! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that using Tekmessage feature has allowed your shop to cut down phone time and spend more time getting cars through the shop. It is always exciting to hear about our shops improving while using the system! Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric.

Georgina

• Customer Support Software

Tekmetric is the best app all around!

Reviewed on 2021-09-22

Its always been very easy to learn and to use.

Its always been very easy to learn and to use.

Pros

I can easily track my hours worked, jobs I have worked and it is so easy to clock in/out! I also love how easy it is to look up vehicle history, to input a new customer or search for an existing customer as well as tracking inventory and inspections and I really love the ability to take photos during inspections because it's proof you can show to the customer building report with them and earning their trust.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Tekmetric.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Georgina, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm around Tekmetric. It is our goal to allow shops to provide transparency to their customers similar to how we try to be transparent with our partners. We are thrilled to hear you are finding the value with Tekmetric!

Darrell

Finally software that works

Great!

Great!

Pros

Being at multiple dealerships using different softwares, I really like Tekmetric for ease of use and being able to build great invoices for the customer. I love being able to create our own inspections and being able to load PDFs and photos of ease

Cons

The one downfall I wish we had on this software was able to annotate PDF files along with an actual mobile app. Right now I have it saved as a web app but it doesn't tailor to a phone browser that great. Also if using it on say a windows style tablet you cant directly take a photo of something when hitting the photo button. You would need to take a photo with the device camera then save it then load it. On iOS it goes straight to the camera app

MoMo

DIB Review

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

It’s been a smooth transition with hardly any hiccups - not everything was transferred over but that’s okay

Constant updates
Excellent Customer Service

Cons

Missing couple of functionality tools like two way texting , recommendations

David

Happy Shop Owner

Reviewed on 2021-10-12

I am extremely happy with the software. It was a great upgrade from our previous software package from another provider.

Pros

Web based, easy to learn and use with a high functionality and great features. The company makes several changes and upgrades and is very responsive.

Cons

We use a digital vehicle inspection from another software provider and would love to see a more robust digital vehicle inspection and texting system integrated into this software.

mark

service advisor

great

great

Pros

easy to use straight forward not a lot of a learning curve

Cons

needs a better return of parts and warranty of parts

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Mark! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear that you were able to start using Tekmetric relatively quick due to the easy to use platform. Regarding parts returns and warranty information, our Customer Success team is more than happy to assist you with some best practices, feel free to give them a call at 832-930-9400, option 2.

MATTHEW
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

TEKMETRIC

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

OVERALL THE POS IS OK IT IS EASY TO USE AND DOES NO0T REQUIRE CONSTANT UPDATES LIKE RO WRITER

Pros

BEING ABLE TO INTEGRATE A DVI WITH OUR POS SYSTEM

Cons

LABOR GUIDE NEEDS WORK HAVING TO DOUBLE CHECK IN ALL DATA IS TIME CONSUMING

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Mattew! Thanks for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We appreciate your feedback about the labor guide and want to reassure you it is something our team is constantly updating and working on. We are also happy to hear that you are finding value from our built-in DVI as we find this item alone has increased shops ARO by $100 overall.

Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Joseph

Great upgrade

Its been great

Its been great

Pros

The text to pay option. The bar on the side that has the fluids, filters, specs and other various bits of information. The VIN lookup that looks up and adds the exact submodel. The software runs quickly and they have great online help and IT support. Canned Job Feature

Cons

The schedule is clunky when it comes to moving appointments around on the calendar. You can not put a repeating appointment on the calendar without going to each day and placing it on there.

Evan

why did I switch to Tekmetrics

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

Pleased with the overall products and how well Tekmetric team listens to our concerns

Pros

How well we can communicate the customers via text and email

Cons

labor guide is not accurate at all, sometimes off by over 70 %

Response from Tekmetric

Evan, thank you! We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features.

sean

• Customer Support Software

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop

Reviewed on 2021-10-18

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop. Just a solid system

Great easy system for use for auto repair shop. Just a solid system

Pros

easy, non computer people can use. Our technicians use it very easily

Cons

Not much. maybe parts could be have some more time spent on to work out bugs. We have parts manager that would be able to give better insight

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Sean! Thanks for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We are excited to hear that the ease of use is providing benefits to your team. We would also be more than happy to hear more about the requirements needed from your Parts Manager to make this piece more simplified. Please have him give us a call at 832-930-9400