Tekmetric

4.9/5

Kathy

All-in-One Product for your shop

Wonderful!

Pros

Screens are laid out logically. You can easily click from one are to the next. Less key strokes is better productivity. It is 'simpler' than other programs, but it includes everything we need to operate the shop.
Having the vehicle details, fluids,filters,etc. on the right-side menu is the BEST!

Cons

When you click on a job from the job board, the RO opens on the Summary Tab. I always jump to the 'Estimate' tab. I wish I could select to have the RO open to that Estimate Tab.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Kathy! Thank you for reviewing Tekmetric. It is great to hear that the layout of Tekmetric is allowing your shop to be more efficient. Regarding the concern around the estimate tab, I want to make sure you are understanding the full value of that screen. We typically jump straight to that tab because you can utilize the job history tab to easily duplicate recurring work for a customer such as oil changes with the click of a button. I would be happy to have our Customer Success team review these items with you if this is something you are open to. Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric! I hope to hear from you soon.

Randy

Shop management change

Reviewed on 7/6/2020

Pros

i like the fact that the software was all inclusive, digital inspection, calendar and shop management software all in one place

Cons

the only down side is the invoice entry, to return a part is a long process, wish there was a shorter wat to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Lankar has not updated there system in quite a while and does not provide any of the online benefits that Tekmetric does

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

i chose Teckmetric because of the ease of use

Response from Tekmetric

Randy, we love that you find value in Tekmetric! We are trying to incorporate several different features into one easy to use platform. We are also working on ways to streamline processes like invoice entry. More and more updates to come!

Stephen

• Customer Support Software

The proof of the pudding will be revealed when I can taste it

Reviewed on 2/19/2021

Have not yet deployed it in our operation so it's too early to tell. Automotive Shop Owner forums have spoken very highly of the product but we aren't "there yet" . I hope I can agree with my colleagues in the industry when we have been using it after a few months. In the meantime, the learning curve has been a painful slog.

Pros

The Technical Support Staff are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !! Patient, responsive, and professional. Unfortunately when you know the names of the support staff because you are on their chat line so frequently, that's not a good statement about the product's (lack of) ease of use. Their chat staff are great due to their rapid response and knowledge of their product

Cons

Ease of use, lack of intuitive and adaptation to our workflow

Shopware

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

RO Writer has mediocre technical support, training is available only through payment. The company is not keeping pace with changes in the profession.

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Shopwar when I last reviewed and tested it wasted too much "real estate" of the screen and when I discusses this with the development team at Kansas City Vision 2020, they were not receptive to making logical changes and improvements
Juan

Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/24/2021

Less paper and ink usage and digital innovation.

Pros

Innovative, adaptable, clean and easy to use.

Cons

To early to tell, so far everything has exceeded my expectation.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

Was limited to other possibilities and seemed some what hostage to an old and antiquated system.

User friendly and innovative

Response from Tekmetric

Hello Juan! We are thrilled to hear that your experience with Tekmetric has exceeded your expectations. As a reminder, as you are continuing to navigate the system, our team is always happy to help you learn all of the tips and tricks around the software.

Juan

The future of SMS

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

We use tekmetric on a daily basis. It is very important for the management of our business. Being able to work on different Repair orders at once has been a big plus for us. They also integrate very well with other programs we use. Customer service is excellent and they are always updating and making the program better

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is cloud based and the ease of use. There is not a big learning curve which is super important when switching from another system

Cons

I would have to say it’s the reporting. The fact that it needs to be transferred to an excel spreadsheet in order to print. But I’m sure they will fix this soon as they are very responsive and open to suggestions.

Response from Tekmetric

From the entire Tekmetric team - THANK YOU, Juan! We appreciate your kind words, and we'll continue to be the best SMS for your shop!

Mark

Perfect Shop Management Software

Reviewed on 1/23/2020

Pros

The wonderful team who created and manage the software. Can't wait to see what they have coming next!

Cons

I like everything about this software. No complaints.

Response from Tekmetric

Wow! From the entire Tekmteric team - THANK YOU, Mark. We are happy to see your shop is getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will only get better!

Andrew

Honest

Reviewed on 10/7/2021

I have had a good experience so far, the support team is good and knowledgeable, and quick to solve problems

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and learn, I love the TIme clock features for the techs we love having them clock in and out at the start and end of the day, it is also nice to have a time clock for each job, this prevents loss of time throughout the day. The information you get from the home screen is great, a service writer can look at the home page and know what's going on, where the vehicle is at without asking the tech or opening the RO.

Cons

I don't like how invoices are sent via email to customers, they are sent in a shrunk-down version, the customer needs to hit drop-down arrows or hit print in the right-hand corner to view the descriptions it is confusing and a pain I've had customers call and complain that they cant see the work we down.

I don't like how there is no date box for State inspections, this piece of information is vital to shops that have state inspections, and our marketing companies need to be able to see these upcoming dates and send out reminders this is a huge loss leader and I hope they fix it soon.

STOP UPDATING SOFTWARE IN THE MIDDLE OR ON SUNDAYS, DO YOUR UPDATES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS, let the Saturday shops be the genie pigs, having the software crash Monday morning or during the week is not fun.

Reasons for Choosing Tekmetric

They were not moving with the times, i wanted to be able to work from home, and their reporting was so bad

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

The ease of the software
Zach

Simplified

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Time and ease! This program has simplified the total process helping service writers get jobs done for our customers.

Pros

This software makes my work life easier. There are less clicks to get what you need done, which is a HUGE timesaver. The information pulled from the VIN is helpful, also all of the service info for this specific vehicle, fluid types and quantities, filters and their part numbers, even service bulletins available. I have found that this system helps me keep track of the total process of customers and their vehicle repairs, and the option to send repair estimates to customers allowing them to review and approve from there home or office. Coming from the dealership and using different software, I believe Tekmetric is the best one yet!

Cons

The ONLY thing I would like to see is the ability to build a quick estimate for our customers that call on the phone and they are looking for a quick estimate.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Zach! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are thrilled to hear that you love some of our vehicle specific info in the gray sidebar. Our goal in building that was to put everything you need at your fingertips and it looks like it is doing the trick! Regarding quick quotes, this is something we have steered away from because it can cause lost leads. The way we look at it if you are going to take the time to build the quote, atleast get the customer name and phone number so you have a way to follow up on the quote. However, as I am sure you are aware, you can also up-vote this on our Feature Request Board because that is what drives development at Tekmetric. Thanks again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Jason

TekMetric for the win!

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Our experience with TekMetric just keeps getting better.

Pros

TekMetric has been a huge benefit to our business. The ease of use is outstanding, and they’re constantly upgrading the system according to what the users request. The TM team is second to none.

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like. I do wish some of the upgrades could come faster, but I know quality takes time.

Shop-Ware

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Jason! Thanks for reviewing Tekmetric. We are happy to hear the benefit that the system has provided for you and your team at the shop. It is our goal to make sure the system is user friendly and a part of that is not only making it easy to use but enhancing the software based on the needs of our shops. So we thank you for your patience as we are pushing out these releases and recognizing that good quality does take time. Thank you again for taking the time to review Tekmetric!

Abraham

• Customer Support Software

The most user friendly software

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Pros

Navigation is so streamless, from doing the estimate to making it an RO to invoice. At first i didn't like how the estimate number follows it till the invoice, after a while we found its better since you don't have to track multiple numbers. We had previously had an online version of a software, this one by far is more user-friendly. Looking up job history is right on a separate tab, we are now using the digital inspection, even if you only take a picture of the bad part and just send that to the customer via email or tex it makes selling the job much easier. This is the only software that you can have unlimited users for no extra charge, so all the techs have one, every software i know charges a fee after 3 users. The tech support is the best in the industry, no one gets back to you as fast like them. They make updates weekly, by far the best in the industry. They help and suppoort the industry and ask for feedback constently.

Cons

Reports could have a little more, they are working on parts return part of the software. That update should be coming out.

Response from Tekmetric

Abraham, Thank you for the review. We do have parts and core return tracking in Tekmetric. Alex will reach out to you today and show you.

Eduardo

Best EVER!

Reviewed on 1/24/2020

Better communication with my customers, a better understanding of reports. access from anywhere.

Pros

The DVI and texting inspections and estimates, all for one low price. As a bonus I feel lucky that the product gets updated almost daily was not expecting that. But what really blew me away was the three young ladies I refer to as angels, that are the back bone of the BEST EVER customer service.

Cons

Labor guide, LABOR GUIDE, MOTOR MANUAL, Yeah it SUCKS! Just sayin... You asked.

Response from Tekmetric

Eduardo, we do have something up our sleeves for the labor guide. Stay tuned.

Jose

Best Auto software

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

Out of all the software’s i have used this is by far the best one i have used it’s designed for the Auto repair guy it does exactly what you need it to do , you do not need to be a cpu tech savvy and every month they seem to just get better at adding more features

Pros

Very easy to learn the software , love the inspection process in pics and able to send texts or emails,

Cons

Would just like option to make a quick estimate with out putting in customer info for giving quotes over the phone

Benjamin

• Customer Support Software

Found what I was looking for

Reviewed on 11/19/2020

Pros

Ease of use, customer integration, parts ordering, use from phone and at home

Cons

No two way texting yet, would like to see the DVI's integrate a little bit easier

Response from Tekmetric

Benjamin, thank you! We're ecstatic you made the switch to Tekmetric. We hope you're getting the most out of our features. Also - two-way texting has arrived! How are you liking Tekmessage?

Nicole

Great Sales Tool

Reviewed on 8/14/2021

The people at Tekmetric are great. They are quick to assist you. The software is very good. I like this product.

Pros

Tekmetric is a great sales tool. It gives accurate sales reporting. It is fairly easy to use and looks great on the screen.

Cons

Since I am the one who deals with the accounting, I can say that there are a few things that could be improved. Tekmetric uses a company called Back Office to integrate with Quick Books. This company has an all or nothing approach to stock items, so there is more to do to have tickets flow into the right categories. It is very easy to change things in the Back Office before integrating, so it is just a matter of a few extra steps. Tekmetric is a sales tool and not an accounting program. We came from a company that did both, but not accurately.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Nicole, thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric! We are happy to hear that this shop management system has been a good sales tool for you and that your shop is seeing the benefits of our reporting capabilities. In regards to the integration with The Back Office, our team would be happy to assist with any questions that you may have regarding the triggers that send items from Tekmetric to to Accounting Link through TBO. If you review our Knowledge Base article, Accounting Link & Tekmetric Integration FAQS, which you can access by clicking the question mark within Tekmetric, I think that will also provide some assistance. Again, thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric! We appreciate the feedback!

Mark

General use

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

The overall system has been a great improvement from where we used to be. The ease in which it works for us helps with speed and information to our customers. In the long run they get informed when the car is ready and if they need to have extra items done. We do not use the system to its full capacity but what we do use is great.

Pros

I found that transitioning from another program to Tekmetric was fairly seamless and the help when we need it is Always available and very helpful. To add and remove items has got easier as the new additions come into play.

Cons

Earlier when it was growing we needed things and had to wait until they had an update or suggestion. Some items we are still waiting on but most have been addressed. The calendar is a big item for us and we would like for it incorporate staff info or notes.

Kenneth

Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 11/17/2020

From beginning to end with set up, training and reporting, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was, and continues to be, integral to our success. Questions are answered almost immediately and the follow up is outstanding.

Pros

Easy integration. With multiple stores, we "built" one store and copied it to the others

Cons

No negative tickets allowed. Nice to have for refunds

Shopware

Was not cloud based

Reasons for Switching to Tekmetric

Ease of use and customer support

Response from Tekmetric

Kenneth, thank you! We're ecstatic to see you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will continue to improve and provide for your shop.

Jimmy

Innovative and Energetic Company Striving to Change Industry Standards

Reviewed on 9/6/2019

Tekmetric’s SMS is the best bang for your buck and is only getting better as each day passes. Their customer support is amazing to get to know as well! Friendly and passionate about what they do and who the do it for.

Pros

The team at Tekmetric is so very busy making changes for the better with their program daily! I like the fact that they ask for feedback good or bad and are willing to accept and consider the consumers answers. Integrations with other platforms are making our jobs as shop owners/operators easier with building estimates, searching for parts, contacting the customer as well as taking payments. I’m sure there’s more to come, and I’m in for the long haul!

Cons

I honestly haven’t found anything I do not like about the Tekmetric system or team.

Response from Tekmetric

Jimmy, thank you! We're happy you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features. We will continue to be the best bang for your buck!

Georgina

• Customer Support Software

Tekmetric is the best app all around!

Reviewed on 9/22/2021

Its always been very easy to learn and to use.

Pros

I can easily track my hours worked, jobs I have worked and it is so easy to clock in/out! I also love how easy it is to look up vehicle history, to input a new customer or search for an existing customer as well as tracking inventory and inspections and I really love the ability to take photos during inspections because it's proof you can show to the customer building report with them and earning their trust.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Tekmetric.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Georgina, thank you for sharing your enthusiasm around Tekmetric. It is our goal to allow shops to provide transparency to their customers similar to how we try to be transparent with our partners. We are thrilled to hear you are finding the value with Tekmetric!

KC

Love this software

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Really love it so far! We have increased shop sales and productivity.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, can be glitchy but the downtime is minimal. Keeps everything flowing in the shop and canned jobs make it easy to send quick quotes.

Cons

No "counter service" option for parts pick up only. We still have to select a vehicle and assign a tech even though it is not always necessary.

Joshua

Extremely Easy to Use

Reviewed on 4/7/2020

Pros

The customer support team is extremely helpful in understanding use and their tech support team takes feedback very well and applies your suggestions.

Cons

I don't have very many complaints aside from that customer's vehicles being deleted removes the invoices from their account.

Response from Tekmetric

From the whole Tekmetric team, thank you! Joshua, we will continue to improve and provide for your shop.

Jesse

Awesome software

Reviewed on 9/13/2021

Pros

Great support.
Free for educational use.

Cons

Parts Sales does not exist.
Cannot create an estimate without adding vehicle or customer.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Jesse! Thanks for taking the time to review Tekmetric, we are happy to support educational programs that are helping mold our future leaders in the automotive industry! Regarding your concern with the ability to have countersales. I want to reassure you that this is something that our product team is aware of and is actively researching. Thanks again for reviewing Tekmetric!

Isaac

TekMetric Software Feedback

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Pros

Very easy to get the hang of can easily navigate around. Took our entire shop less than a month to work out almost all kinks. Convenient features of being able to have multiple users in the Repair Order without losing saved work or being kicked off. Everything is cloud based so we are able to use this software on our mobile devices if away from shop.
Overall very impressed with TekMetric and what it has to offer for our shop.

Cons

One con about TekMetric is not being able to have two or more techs on a job inside the repair order.

Montey

Tekmetric Review

Wonderful.

Pros

The software is very to use. So easy that at first it can be difficult to navigate due to over thinking it. Many options available that can be utilized to ensure your business if running efficiently and effectively.

Cons

Doesn't have an algorithm to assist with scheduling and dispatching tickets that can be utilized daily to achieve the shop efficiency.

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Montey! Thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric. We are glad to hear the ease of use has allowed your shop to run more efficiently. That is the entire goal of Tekmetric, do help shops increase efficiency and make more money! Regarding dispatching of tickets, have you taken a look at our Tech Board? Most shops are utilizing this tool for dispatching works to their technicians based upon their assigned, completed, and available work hours. If you would like some assistance on best practices please feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team at 832-930-9400, option 2.

Collin

• Customer Support Software

One of the best moves for our business

Reviewed on 1/23/2020

Its has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a excellent customer support specialist.

Pros

Up to date features, Google based, cloud based, Ability to share estimates via text. Ease of looking at job in shop(Job board). Reports, integration with other software

Cons

Motor labor guide isn't reliable at all. Oil sticker printing. No video sharing for DVI.

Response from Tekmetric

From the entire Tekmetric team - THANK YOU, Collin! We're ecstatic to see you're getting the most out of Tekmetric's features.

Rickie

• Customer Support Software

Tekmetric Is an amazing tool for repair shops

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Pros

The ability to connect with customers thru email or text messages , even customer comment on it .

Cons

have not found anything i dont like about the system

Response from Tekmetric

Hey Rickie! We love to hear that you are enjoying the Tekmessage feature to communicate with your customers. Thank you for taking the time to review Tekmetric!