4.6
4.5
4.8
William ".
Industry: Utilities

BOSS Support Central - A Remote Support Must Have!

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

We have been with BOSS for over 5 years, and they provide exceptional customer service. Anytime that we have identified an issue, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to troubleshoot and report bugs to have it fixed in their next software release. They appreciate feedback and work to keep their product up to date.

Pros

The ability to login to Support Central from anywhere at anytime and process tickets is something that we cannot live without in the new COVID19 world. We have not missed a beat, and our end users are receiving the support that they want and expect in a timely, professional manner because of it. The Dashboard area allows for the creation of widgets to monitor ticket assignments, counts and more on the fly. We utilize routing, templates and automatic responses to make sure support issues are addressed as quick as possible.

Cons

We are very pleased with the product. The only recommendation that I have is for them to invest in a training and tutorial area for technicians to easily reference to learn of new features or to learn about how to get the most out of the product.

Gary K.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk.

Reviewed on 6/26/2020

We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

Pros

The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

Cons

There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)

Ginger J.

Technology Specialist

Reviewed on 3/15/2017

It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

Ronald B.

Excellent platform for Service Desk

Reviewed on 1/16/2020

We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros

Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons

At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Ben S.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

Reviewed on 12/17/2019

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Ryan M.
Industry: Construction

No programming knowledge No problem

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Kurt W.

Best Help Desk software we've ever used

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros

The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons

Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Adam M.
Industry: Medical Devices

Great Solution for your business!

Reviewed on 12/17/2019

Pros

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Katherine V.
Industry: Machinery

Very User and Agent Friendly Application

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros

I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons

There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Ronald C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

BOSS Ticketing System and more...

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

Really fantastic product that makes ticket and asset management a breeze. Great support. Never have to wait for a response to a question.

Pros

It never stop surprising us with what it can do.

Cons

Missing a few things we had in 3.9. Used to be able to itemize purchases in tickets.

Nathaniel J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Support Needs

Reviewed on 6/17/2020

Pros

This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons

The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Yadira D.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great ticketimg system and easy freindly!!

Reviewed on 1/8/2020

We are upgrading our system to v4.0 web based an is awesome, I like it because is more easy friendly and better to manage. I had less trouble implementing some settings and creating the service catalogs. I think that this is great ticketing system. I never have issues with support, they always help me, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he is very knowledgeable and vey kind. Kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

That now they have the web based version, which we are in the process of upgrading. Also, the service catalogs, routing rules, reports, and the way to mage all the settings, is way easier than before.

Cons

I didn't like the reporting system. I had to contact support, if I wouldn't be able to create my SQL queries.

John G.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 12/31/2018

Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

David G.
Industry: Utilities

Flexibility and sleek desing

Reviewed on 12/17/2019

Pros

The dashboard that gives me specific information related to only me is a great tool. I normally have my screen on the dashboard. The easiness and quickness to generate a ticket or check an asset is also hard to beat. Being able to create templates for certain tasks so that it auto-fills the bulk of the information is a great time saver.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the best in class and needs alot of work. It could be our side, but it often is very slow when running from the web portal as well. I think I still like the thick client better and did not really have slowness issues.

Claude C.

3+ Years and Counting Satisfied BOSS Customers

Reviewed on 6/18/2020

Pros

In addition to being straightforward to use for both my staff and our users, The graphical interface is very intuitive and provides many features/functions to our organization. Probably most helpful is the ability to create and track service tickets all from emails. For those users who are a bit more saavy the web interface is great and provides a more robust experience. Lastly, customer support is great!

Cons

Not too much in the complaint department. The software performs as you would expect and even has some additional bells and whistles that enhance the experience.

Russ M.

BOSS is on point

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting.
My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Rick Y.

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

Reviewed on 3/14/2017

We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Jeff B.

BOSS Support Central

Reviewed on 3/14/2017

We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Cons

We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

Joedy G.

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

Reviewed on 3/14/2017

We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customization

Cons

Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard

Allan N.
Industry: Higher Education

Awesome product and support staff.

Reviewed on 5/17/2018

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products.

Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

Kim F.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk.

Reviewed on 10/2/2017

Implements our service response and keeps history.

Pros

Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Cons

Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

Bryan H.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Long time BOSS user

Reviewed on 12/17/2019

I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros

We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons

I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Helpdesk and Asset Management

Reviewed on 12/13/2018

Great product, helpful company, good demos.

Pros

I feel confident that this software is going to be an excellent go-to for all our asset management needs, as it now is for our Helpdesk needs

Cons

We're having to remove its link from Active Directory because it isn't effectively pulling all our asset information the way it should so we will have to do this manually - but then again, there are other things we want on there that aren't in AD so we would have to do it anyway

Debbi K.

Good System for Inventory and Incidents

Reviewed on 5/18/2017

Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros

The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons

All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kathy M.

Great!!!

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Inventory Management

Pros

The software is customer and user friendly and love the fact that custom fields can be added.
I would recommend BOSS software to any business or local government that need to gain control of managing tickets and managing their inventory.

Cons

Routing rules for groups and teams take time to learn. The need to fully understand BOSS and how to utilize the software for reports etc. need to be more hands on.