4.5
Greg W.
Industry: Computer Software

Kartra compared to Infusionsoft

Reviewed on 2020-12-29

It has been a great experience and it is one of the industry leaders in my opinion.

Pros

The user interface is very unique and once you figure it out and get used to it is is very easy to create systems and marekting automation.

Cons

There email editor needs some help and their spell check does not work with right mouse for me.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Carly W.
Industry: Design

We've outgrown Kartra and discovered frustrating features

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

As above really, it was good to get started on but we now find it very frustrating and has limited features, particularly in the membership. We are now moving to Wordpress and Active Campaign.

Pros

We can hold our membership on here and our funnel steps
A good starter package for companies who are starting out with funnels/membership etc

Cons

Limited analytics for membership and sales stats, would like to see much more detail so we can work out cancellation, retention rates much easier and churn rate.
Having to contact kartra to whitelist emails instead of been able to make a simple change
Customer service can take days to get back to you in which time we generally loose the new customers that have just signed up, I'd expect a few hours turn around for the amount we are paying.
The membership feature is extremely basic, for example, we need to be able to restrict content based on someones join date as we release new products every month which can be downloaded instantly
Integrations with other systems are limited
The email templates and builder is poor aesthetically
Membership customers can delete their own account, meaning their payments stay active, also if they raise a chargeback we have no history to dispute it - this should be an admin feature
We should have access to log in IP address for members
Page load speed is very slow
The forms can be integrated on wordpress sites but we cannot customise the look of the form
We need more of a CRM system and this doesn't have the features
We can't see email threads in the contacts which is frustrating, Active campaign have this feature which we like

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Heidi B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Kartra ~ Powerful, Robust, Do-It-All ~ All-in-One Software

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

I have been able to get an idea about a product that my market may want and throw a page up on the web and pitch it out there and get responses. Sign ups or even payments. Now that I have learned my way around, it is relatively easy to do that!

Pros

After running a full-time ministry/business online for a couple of years, I had all kinds of programs and platforms that I was paying for monthly or yearly. When it came time to streamline it all, I narrowed it down to just Kartra. Everything is right there in one place, integrating well with WebinarJam and EverWebinar.

Cons

Two things...1.) the email component (CRM?). There is no easy way of taking the leads from Kartra and pulling them in to another CRM platform. It would be awesome if this part of Kartra was as robust as its page builder, portal builder, and membership builder! 2.) a way to set up a store of all the products or services I offer all in one "place"

Dawn S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Kartra is the best bang for your buck - for the most part

Reviewed on 2019-12-16

Even with my grumblings above, I am very satisfied with Kartra, especially considering its competition. I truly believe it's the best value with regard to functionality and ease of use, hands down.

Pros

The fact that I have the functionality of a shopping cart, email CRM, membership site, video hosting (with all the analytics), and an affiliate program.

Cons

There are some features that are still not available (it's a fairly new platform), like the ability to purchase multiple quantities of a product. Also, the lowest plan only allows for 5 products, which is ridiculously low.

Jacque E.
Industry: Financial Services

Beginner or Advanced... You'll love Kartra.

Reviewed on 2020-04-10

Kartra allows use to develop expert digital marketing campaigns with beginner knowledge.

Pros

Kartra is the best all-in-one solution for digital marketers. Having option forms, landing pages, automations, tagging, email sequences, products, membership areas and more all in one system means they talk to each other without external integrations. This saves me the headache of keeping track of so many web apps.

Cons

Some features found in other web apps are still being developed in Kartra. However, they release new features all the time, so it is worth sticking around.

Troy N.
Industry: Publishing

Using Kartra to Run my Business

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

My overall experience has been great. I couldn't imagine how my business would be today without it. For sure I can become a better, more accomplished Kartra user. There's a lot to learn. I think the Kartra team is doing a great job. I'm happy to be part of the Kartra community.

Pros

I pretty much use most if not all of the features of Kartra to run my business. It has become indispensable to me and my business.

Cons

I would like to see more intuitive shortcuts. I am not crazy about all the things I have to click through to get to certain features I need. While I love all the analysis that Kartra provides, certain things don't seem to work as well as they could. Overall, I love the software. I'm hoping Kartra will continue to improve.

Matt M.

Powerful All In One Tool for Marketing & eCommerce

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

We've loved the checkout and helpdesk and have only dabbled in the other features. We're looking forward to testing the membership, email and page building tools next quarter.

Pros

We mostly use Kartra for the Checkout and Helpdesk features. The subscription setup and checkout are as good as it gets. We've seen a huge bump in conversions on our high ticket sales once switching the KArtra checkout.

Cons

Not a huge fan of how difficult it is to setup campaigns or build pages. The experience could definitely be improved. They've put a ton of features under the hood but usability needs some work. Luckily, our customers have a much simpler experience on their end.

John S.
Industry: Real Estate

Love Kartra!

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

Fantastic. I recently purchased WebinarJam and EverWebinar as well.

Pros

I really like the completeness of the product. Everything is well thought out and integrated. Automation is powerful. Manging my customer member sites work really well.

Cons

The Page builder at times is a little clunky

Paul S.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good for some uses but has some ballbreaker shortcomings for me.

Reviewed on 2019-05-16

kartra saves me time. Once I have built some sales funnels they are repeatable and their success (or not) is measurable. Kartra provides me with actionable data that is easily and quickly accessible so I'm basing my decisions on real time accurate data. And I can set it up so that I am making money while I sleep

Pros

Has many functions on the one platform. I could use my own domains and favicons. There were some templates to use and the webinar help sessions we useful. It provides realtime actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons

Customers cannot select multiple items of a product in one purchase transaction on a specific date when they want to join one session once that already has others in that session. For a tourist who has a family of 4 people they cant buy 4 tickets and they cant specify that they want to go on a tour that already has people booked on it but there is available space for them. And they cant book for the one tour once.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Robert P.
Industry: Education Management

Power for online business

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-04-09

Pros

I love the solidity of the platform, I can feel it's solid.

Cons

I would like it to be 100% French too, I mainly focus on the French market and as so for the Euro, to be multi currency and more educational options (test, poll, reviews) for my clients would be awesome.

Sergio V.
Company size: Self Employed

The best all in one marketing tools

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

Kartra allows me to solve all the challenges involved in putting together a complete marketing funnel to promote my business on the Internet

Pros

Excellent integration, ease of use, professional tools

Cons

The web page designer is missing some features that are widely used in other systems, such as floating videos on sales pages

Jane P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great and Incredibly Frustrating at the Same Time!

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

I have created my website and sales pages with relative ease. Again, love that all is in one place just don't like how inefficient it is to create things. Walking through everything step by step all the time just to make one simple edit is frustrating.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to house most everything I need in one place. Making internal connections is easy and I like one spot to go for everything.

Cons

What I like the least is how tedious Kartra is. On a daily basis, we have to jump through hoop after hoop to do everything. There appear to be not shortcuts for anything to speed the process along. We sit waiting after every single step and waste significant more time doing daily work than we ever did with Infusionsoft, now Keap. It makes my CEO absolutely nuts as efficiency is very important to her. It is not very efficient.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Nishant K.

Invaluable Tool

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

A truly all-in-one platform for digital marketing needs.

Pros

Ease of use, Done-for-you funnels, regular addition of new features

Cons

So far, I only have a positive experience!

Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great advantage!

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

Really good. Not looking for a replacement. Something good taking into considerations that my company is always looking forward for new software.

Pros

Powerful way to mass sending emails. I like that the let you have over 2000 email subscribers on the most basic plan. We don't even need that much but it comes already standard. So in any way you need expansion won't cost you the extra money. I like that you have all the tools integrated on a single environment.

Cons

Personally I have not experience any negative expert. However to be fair I have accessed from my phone a couple of times at it could do better on the design but o guess it was largely design to be used from a computer.

Lori B.

Kartra for Email

Reviewed on 2019-06-22

Overall, I would highly recommend Kartra. It is a very comprehensive experience, great for online courses and email management, and I have loved using it.

Pros

I love Kartra's advanced features for creating email sequences, tags, funnels, etc. It makes it so easy to target your audience's interests and give each subscriber a customized experience.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that it doesn't have a group forum area within their membership feature. This can be supplemented by using Slack or Facebook groups, but there are times where it would be really convenient to have that feature available.

Michele M.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing value for the money

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

I got a membership site together where I can deliver my content to my students and it's very easy to setup. Plus I can have affiliate partners and easily facilitate and track their sales as well.

Pros

The fact that you can have an email service provider, cart, membership site and landing page builder, all in one, all integrated together for this price is fantastic for a small biz owner like me -- where every penny counts.

Cons

I'm not at all technical, and so there is a small learning curve in terms of how to set everything up. But I got help from a VA who is technical which eased the transition quiet a bit.

No Phone Support and Ignored By Email

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020-10-29

This company is a mess. I purchased the product, was very excited. Uploaded my contacts I had built in LinkedIn. Took them forever, but they finally rejected them. I was disappointed but understand their point. But because there were more than 500 contacts (that again were rejected), they bumped my "auto-payment" up from $99 to $199. I missed the email the first month and caught it the second month and canceled that day! I've been trying for over a month and a half to get refunded with ZERO response. But plenty of marketing to get to renew. NO phone support is a disaster. The product is only as good as the company. And the company, unfortunately, is a disaster.

Pros

Campaigns were easy pick and choose. Videos for them worked well.

Cons

Wasn't able to use any of my contacts I had created on LinkedIn

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jonathan T.
Industry: E-Learning

Jack of All Trades, Master of None

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-08-10

We used Kartra to create landing pages and membership sites.

Pros

Wow, there are a LOT of features, and a lot of neat, personalization/targeting things you can do when you use Kartra for email, landing pages, membership site, etc.

Cons

The user interface is ugly and hard to use. Kartra is feature-heavy, but it feels like it was built by a programmer or marketer who never talked with a designer.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

David D.

Outstanding

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-04-09

I am very satisfied with KARTRA software! I think it is the best on the market.

Pros

Usability. KARTRA is extremely easy to use and learn. The training for how to use it is very good as well. As compared to other software programs, KARTRA has them beat HANDS-DOWN! In cost and ease of use.

Cons

I think that KARTRA can take a lesson from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the education and promotion of KARTRA. He did a "1 Funnell Away" and "30-Days" challenge program that was wildly successful in both teaching Funnel marketers how to be successful and selling his [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] software. I went through the training and was quite willing to pay the $100 to do so. I know KARTRA did a three-day event - Wrong way to approach it. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] content was broken down into pieces and easy to consume and re-watch. KARTRA's 3-day program was difficult to watch and impossible to find the pieces I was looking for.
Promotion is the biggest con - The KARTRA product is the best on the market! It's just not promoted well.

Marvin s. D.
Industry: Management Consulting

Why we selected KARTRA

Reviewed on 2019-05-19

MY JOURNEY WITH KARTRA HAS BEEN AS A BETA TESTER, AND CUSTOMER, AND THE ONLY THING THAT I FOUND THAT IS MISSING IS YOU!

Pros

KARTRA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET A PRODUCTIVE COST EFFICIENT SYSTEM THAT OPERATES CONGRUENTLY, TOGETHER WITH EVERY OTHER SECTION OF THE SYSTEM TO MAKE EVERY SECTION 12 "X" YOU ABILITY TO MOVE WITH THE SPEED OF THE MARKET WITHOUT THE WORRY OF 5 OR 6 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS AND ADDITIONAL EXPENSE OF THE OTHER SYSTEMS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT PLAY WELL TOGETHER.

Cons

INITIALLY IT WAS A LITTLE DAUNTING AND OVERWHELMING, ONLY BECAUSE TRULY THIS SYSTEM IS TO HARD TO RELIEVE THAT IT COULD POSSIBLY BE THIS EFFICIENT AND EASY, SO AS A METICULOUS BEING I TRIED TO DISCOVER WHAT I MIGHT BE MISSING THAT COULD COST BUSINESS ISSUES. HOWEVER, AFTER EVERY SECTION AND TEST THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEMS EXCEPT FOR THE HUMAN OPERATORS. USE IT EXACTLY AS IT STATES THAT YOU CAN AND START WITH "GO!"

Pablo R.
Company size: Self Employed

The best thing that happened to small businesses

Reviewed on 2020-04-11

Overall, I love Kartra. The thing that I love the most is that I can literally run my whole business from it. I don't need to use any other program. I love the fact that it even has great royalty free pictures that I can use for my pages. I highly recommend it and think it's better than Infusionsoft or Clickfunnels (yea I said it!).

Pros

I love the fact that it literally does everything from lead capture, payment processing, pre-written emails, campaigns. I love it all. It's been the biggest contributor to my business's success. Without it, running a business by myself would be really difficult.

Cons

I would love if on the sales pages there were prompts of what to write instead of filler copy. Those prompts are currently in some of the squeeze pages but I would love to see them on the sales pages. Also, it would be great if it had a photo editing feature within the software. Something similar to a photoshop.

Dean B.
Industry: Executive Office

Best holistic solution

Reviewed on 2019-05-15

It has been easy to learn, it has great training support with articles and videos, the support community is extremely active and answers to questions are very timely. The team is extremely pleasant to work with and executive rarely disappoints as he understands what digital marketing is all about. Every month brings new enhancements and features that make it better. This is one-stop shopping when it comes to digital marketing.

Pros

Kartra keeps everything under one roof eliminating the need and expense of multiple apps. It has drag and drop simplicity and deep funnel complexity. The best thing is the features keep getting better and the community is super supportive. After having used many programs with multiple clients such as Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Pipedrive, VTiger, CF, Leadpages... this is the cleanest and easiest interface to optimal functionality.

Cons

Video bandwidth can cost you money so only marketing videos requiring analytics and funnel tagging should be housed on the platform. Still need Vimeo Business for everything else like training videos. Need a HIPAA compliant version for some clients as healthcare arena is exploding.

Guy S.

It's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools

Reviewed on 2019-05-15

It's helped me streamline my "Rock the Tech" Coaching business into something that is manageable and contained on one platform...

Kartra allows me to run a 6, 7, and 8 Figure business by myself, and appear as if I'm a Fortune 5 Company...

I have been running with "bubble gum and bailing wire" for the last few years, and NOW I'm ONLY using Kartra as my "Main" go to software for my business -

Pros

It really does Everything, that's WHY I said it's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools...I was spending well over $1K per Month on Dedicated Server Hosting, a Dedicated Email Server, WordPress Membership Websites, GetResponse, SendGrid SMTP Service, and the list goes on and on...

I'm saving over $800 Per Month by moving to Karta AND I'm not concerned about Hackers breaking into my WordPress Memberships or Members NOT getting their login credentials...

Kartra is TOP Shelf!

Cons

I would be GREAT to have a Done-for-You Membership Campaign...I really can't think of anything else that I would want...

Agency would be fantastic for my customers too, and I know this is in the works...Can we speed the deployment UP?

Sean M.
Company size: Self Employed

Speaking from the Stage is different then Speaking from a Landing page!

Reviewed on 2019-05-17

I think it's awesome.

Pros

The trainings and the tips and tricks, all the content and the Facebook group all have helped me learn what I can do and what I need to do to build my business. I can now explain clearly what I want to a freelance if I choose to get some additional help..

Cons

Still lots to learn.. mostly plug and play... when I want to 'advance'.. .take a bit more learning for me.

Richard C.
Industry: Online Media

Time Saving Software Platform

Reviewed on 2019-05-15

Having the ability to have videos hosted within the monthly charge, a powerful auto responder with sequences and campaigns along with little touches like the calendar function provides a massive advantage to me when offering these services as well as running my own business.

Pros

The speed at which I can put a landing pages together is unbelievable with the Kartra platform. Once the content has been agreed with the hook and calls to action etc, I can put an example in front of a client real easy. It's quick, but I don't let my client know how quick otherwise putting something together in an hour would be the expectation every time and my fee rate would be called into question. Primarily for landing pages, I've also built complete websites with the Kartra platform and just about to build my first membership site. I'm still discovering the power of this platform, it has a lot to offer.

Cons

Whilst you can build an online store with Kartra, I wish it was a little more advanced in this area. I know it's not the primary function, but combining the ease of building landing pages with the ability to have a powerful online store as well would be awesome.