Shop-Ware

Customer Support Software

TJ

I like it

Reviewed on 8/24/2021

Pros

Customers love the presentation of pictures and recommended repairs as clean line items with totals. Get ready to increase ARO 50%

Cons

I wish there was more color for the user interface and ability to flag recommendations as “customer concern” “safety” and “maintenance”. As well as more in depth visuals for capacity in the workflow area. Like quickTrac shows how many hours are sold but waiting to be produced by individual technicians and the shop as a whole. I understand both of these are in the works.

Alan

Shop-ware

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Overall, I enjoy the software. I wish there was a better payment option and the 2 issues listed above were taken care of. I keep hearing it's coming but it hasn't come...... I have honestly been looking at Techmetric because the above issues are not issues on their platform. I hesitate to move because there is a learning curve and other hick ups involved with that change that I would prefer not to endure.

Pros

Digital work board. I can check in on the business or help out where ever I have internet service.

Cons

1. I can not share an inspection with recommendations without sharing price at the same time. This has been a big concern of mine since day 1 and still not changed. Its frustrating because I am essentially not using the digital inspection to make any sales. I'm certain my ARO would increase with this feature.

2. I can not break down labor cost by technician. This is again frustrating because the labor cost is NOT ACCURATE on any one ticket or job on a given ticket. It's just not accurate.

Christopher

Shopware review

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Great potential with some nice features. However, the program is just not there yet.

Pros

The Digital inspections.
Communications with customers via text.

Cons

The program has many quirks that should be worked out before charging nearly $300 per month.

brad

• Customer Support Software

These guys are going to be an amazing software in the coming years. Get in now!

Reviewed on 3/13/2020

They truly care. Again, this is a software company that cares. You need to find partners to ensure success in your business. Shop-ware is a partner.

Pros

Shop-ware is still flexible since they are rigid like a RO Writer. They truly work to help their customers have success using the software. They are still young, so features are coming out still and some more abilities are being added. They have a ways to go on tires.

The inspections portion of the software is great. I think this is what attracted is at the start and keeps us happy every day we use it.

Overall they will work with you to get a product you want to use.

Cons

Doesn't not work well for tires. You must use Quickbooks and it's hard to "balance" at the end of the day to know you have the correct cash and credit cards.

The way they setup parts is difficult. There is no pricing matrix and parts all link to a main nomenclature. They works well in certain instances, but not well in others. Everything is a give and take. Overall you can work fast within the software.

TireShop

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Pace could not keep up with the times and implement technology.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The staff at Shop-Ware truly won us over. They worked with us for a long time to get prepared to switch. I also felt their user-interface is by far the BEST! The software is not perfect, but they have a good team behind them.
David

SOMETHING TO TRY...

Reviewed on 9/19/2019

From the day we contacted them to find out more about their product it has been an absolute joy to use! Not only the system, but the people too... SOOOO easy to work with!

Pros

- Ease of use
- Flexibility of the ENTIRE program
- Customer Support!!!

Cons

Sadly, the things that we did not care for have all been completely revamped and upgraded. Now we LOVE them!!! (Sorry)

Matthew

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 7/25/2019

Great product that is continually improving, highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use, inspections are part of the software, ability to access from anywhere, customer service from Shop Ware team, monthly improvements, built in time clock, customer facing interactions

Cons

lack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops,

MaxxTraxx

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, ability to make changes and improvements

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

the investment they have in making the program better all the time
Oscar

Shop Management System for today's Customer

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Shop-Ware has improved the everyday operation of the shop. It has made it easy to communicate with the customer and manage workflow.

Pros

This software makes it so easy to communicate, advise and present service information with all my customers.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons with this software

Ric

• Customer Support Software

Fast, customer-focus, easy to use

Reviewed on 7/25/2019

Support is fantastic. They respond instantly to emails or calls. Genuinely interested in helping.

Pros

Workflow is simple and easy for new users to learn. 90% of everything you need is in a few screens. As an online system, we can move from computer to computer and everything is in sync. The database is an open design, no need to save work or changes. Customer's get easy to understand repair orders or estimates for approval via text or email.

Cons

Still needs some feature development to be on par with more robust systems.

Stacey

Shop-Ware SMS

Reviewed on 8/31/2021

Great experience overall, support is very responsive and features work well, would like to see improvements in parts inventory and Added CRM features.

Pros

Customer facing sms with powerful features to paint the value picture to your customers.

Cons

Weak on parts inventory management and editing control.

roman

• Customer Support Software

Hands down best shop software

Reviewed on 10/19/2020

Great experience, it’s helped us get to the next level and take on more service

Pros

The ease of communication with the customer is amazing. It keeps the customer updated and approvals come in faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the schedule and have “canned items” to post such as “off” “ out sick” etc.

NAPA TRACS

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We liked the easy platform.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The system is the easiest to use and we love the paperless idea
ONEY

STRUGGLING SOFTWARE USER

Reviewed on 3/16/2020

1ST OF ALL i AM PROBABLY 1 OF THE ONLY BUSINESSES THAT UP TO OCTOBER OF 2019, WAS STILL DOING HAND WRITTEN INVOICING........40 YEARS BASICALLY.......SO RIGHT HERE IS A MAJOR OBSTACLE (ON MY PART)..
SHOPWARE IS THE ONLY SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT I HAVE EVER USED......SINCE THE EARLY DAYS.....1980'S OF OASIS FROM FORD DEALERSHIP....
I CAN SEE THAT THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM (IS) A PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR THIS INDUSTRY....AND OF COURSE MY BUSINESS HERE..

Pros

THE BEST FEATURE IS THE CLOUD BASED ANY-WHERE ACCESSIBILITY.
NEXT WOULD BE THE REPORTS SECTION
NEXT WOULD BE THE SAVED CUSTOMER / VEHICLES
THOUGH LABOR INTENSIVE, PARTS INVENTORY / CONTROL IS COOL

Cons

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS IN THAT, (MAYBE I DON'T KNOW HOW), CANNED JOBS CAN NOT BE ENTERED PRIOR TO LOADING THEM INTO AN INVOICE 1ST......???

ECOMMERCE PARTS / CANNED PARTS.......HAVING AN EXTREMELY HIGH AMOUNT OF (MULTIPLE PARTS SOURCES), DIFFICULTIES ......HAVING TO LEAVE SHOPWARE TO OUTSOURCE PARTS. THEN COME BACK AND MANUALLY LOAD...OR CANNED A PART...

AND THE INABILITY TO (WHEN I ENTER A WRONG PAYMENT/DATE) ERASE AND CHANGE????

ALLDATA and ProLinkHFA

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

BECAUSE OF THE GIRLS AT (ASA CONFERENCES) AND CONVINCING ME TO GIVE IT A TRY.....[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] IS VERY CONVINCING......
Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Great value, so easy to use

Reviewed on 10/20/2020

Great customer service, fantastic company. They listen and respond to end users, updating/improving all of the time.

Pros

This program helped our shop move into this century with direct digital connectivity to clients and the work that is being recommended. It has improved our shop flow and we find we are providing better, more focused service because we have freed ourselves from the drudgery of old, not very workable software.

Cons

The inventory leaves much to be desired. In all fairness, I was told that it is not an inventory management program. But it would be helpful if it were better in this arena.

Tekmetric

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Wanted a product that looked and acted like it was from this century.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

More user friendly interface, greater flexibility, price and convenience.
Lori

Very Thorough Automotive Software Tool

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

We currently struggle with some of the inventory processes of SW because we don't keep inventory stocked. We also have intermittent issues with the connection to Worldpac, which is our main supplier. We do not currently use PartTech because the WP link is so much more user friendly and faster and they are our primary vendor.

Pros

It has thoroughly considered every aspect of use for the customer and made it as all-encompassing as possible to include any customer scenario, parts ordering sync and customer communication.

Cons

There are so many extensive features, some that are fairly involved, a more extensive and thorough standard training would be welcomed to be more familiar with all the different processes and scenarios involved before using the program.

Vinnie

CoAuto loves Shopware & you will too

Reviewed on 10/13/2020

Overall experience has been great, we have been with Shop-Ware for many years now and seen many improvements along the way.

Pros

Ease of use from the digital inspection process & building estimates to the text to pay feature & text approval process we love what Shop-Ware offers. The customer support is always fast, friendly and helpful. Very client friendly, ease of use for clients is a plus. One system takes care of what we used to need 2 or 3 systems for.

Cons

Lack of ability to add text or symbols to photos, hard to navigate the initial approval process for clients, no texting options, cannot delete duplicated parts, cores being a separate part vs included in the same line.
Estimator hours could be improved by using a better estimator, the hours are off when compared to Alldata.

Shop4D and Tekmetric

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, digital inspection process was difficult to manage, needed multiple platforms to be efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Price, customer service, ease of use
William

This software is awesome

Reviewed on 8/19/2021

Was using Quickbooks and that was ok but Shop-Ware is much much much better!

Pros

Easy to use, couldn't live without it. Love that it's cloud based. I can use it on my iPhone, iPad or MacBook.

Cons

Don't think I have a con on this software.

Shop Boss

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Needed more info and capability.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Easier to use and fit me better.
Ric

Fast and complete estimates and workflow management.

Reviewed on 9/23/2018

This is a fairly new product (maybe 5 years) which is good and bad. Good in that it's modern software that's not compromised by having previous server based systems - it's designed to be fast and easy and it is. They are putting in new features weekly or even more often, but at this time it has a way to go to be the absolute best features-wise. For our shop, the speed and ease of use far outweighs having to use a couple workarounds. Customer service is extremely responsive and stays on any problem or request until it's done. Smart software & really intelligent, responsive and caring people.

Pros

Complete a Repair Order in less than a minute from Customer coming in to signing the estimate
Visibility to everything going on in the shop
Quick financials by job or by individual services and recommendations, including GP on labor and parts
Solid inventory and parts purchasing management
Integrates easily and smoothly with Quickbooks
Ecom ordering systems lets me look at my suppliers' price and availability side by side
Open search routines - you don't have to flip around to different sections of the program to find something specific
Auto-populates parts from your inventory when doing estimates/recommendations
Do anything you need to from anywhere from any device. Good mobile implementation.

Cons

Scheduling system is standalone and doesn't work with other calendars (Google, etc.)
I'd like more automation/notification on parts needed

Lisa

Shop-ware

Reviewed on 10/13/2020

Their customer service is top notch. I send them questions all the time and they always answer them no matter how muddled I think that question gets. We have recommended them to a couple other shops. Our customers love the fact that they see what our mechanics see with pictures and videos.

Pros

I am new to the Automotive Industry. Shop-Ware has made it so I can understand what I am doing on both sides, front and back side. Inputting customer information is a breeze, canned jobs are quick to make and find, integrated part systems are easy to use. Pulling financial information out of the backside and understanding what I am looking at makes it easy to get what our account needs and to do payroll every week.

Cons

Until we got used to the system, it was a little confusing, but their customer service was always able to walk us thru any questions we had. We still find things that we didn't know it could do. We handle sublets from other shops, so I wish we could combine repair orders so I would only have to charge the customer once for multiple vehicles instead of every time they picked up a car in a day. Would save both us and our customer on credit card fees. Was told this is in the works for an upgrade, so we shall see.

Benjamin

Overall great product.

Reviewed on 8/20/2021

Pros

I love the silent communication between the service advisors and myself. I also love how willing the Shopware team is to accepting our input and ideas and implementing things we need.

Cons

The service advisors use at the VIN details and service specifications occasionally which I find inconsistently correct. You can rarely trust the engine code in the VIN details because it almost always picks the one that is first alphabetically. I have found that some of the fluid capacities are wrong as well.

JORDAN

It’s about the Customer!

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

For a one -man-shop, this product saves me time. Rarely any phone time now and writing estimates is smooth as silk.
Preparing quarterly state taxes only amounts to ten minutes. Using Shop-Ware removes much of the stress in everyday business transactions.
Finally, the Shop- Ware Family is always ready to help and advise about this product.
I appreciate their friendly patient assistance when needed.
Shop-Ware is the Best!

Pros

My customers are very impressed with estimates when they arrive on line.
Very professional in appearance and easy to understand. They appreciate the pictures that accompany the estimate.
I also find this system to navigate easily.

Cons

The learning curve of this product is easy.
The Shop-Ware Team is constantly making improvements because they listen to their customers.
This product has grown and improved over the years. No complaints from my shop.
Only Praise!

BRUCE

Areas that I work within

Reviewed on 3/25/2020

Overall I think this is one of the most user friendly shop management programs that I have used.

Pros

Easy to write, edit and dispatch repair orders. Love that I can see customers entering repair orders.

Cons

Would like for 1 button email/text customers, space for additional contact numbers and be able to text all listed number is desired. When alerts come in I would like them to display on top of all open windows. Would like software that will let you operate on 2 monitors with limited functions on second monitor. When quoting repair parts I would like to be able to enter several parts from same vendor without having to start the process from the beginning for each part. Would like to see more information in vehicle history such as quoted/declined repairs and any service notes.

Victor

• Customer Support Software

Amazing. Adapting. Aware. Efficient. Effective.

Reviewed on 10/20/2020

Easy. Simple.

Pros

Everything. It's easy to use. Easy to train. Easy for the customer. Evolving.

Cons

The 1 and only thing I don't like right now is the RO numbers are sequential. We were using Auto Fluent before and it was kinda nice to have every invoice sequential. The quotes had their own number until they were converted to a RO.. but that's it. Other than that everything else seems great.

Bob

• Customer Support Software

Keeping up with technology.

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

We are seeing a higher percentage profit on parts despite previously using an aggressive matrix.
Lots of "clicks". I realize Shop-Ware is gleaning a ton of information that is used in the analytics but sometimes it seems redundant.

Pros

Communication, both with techs and customers.
I like the KPI numbers, very helpful for planning
Canned jobs are nice but they take some time and effort to get set up in useful manner
Scheduling is nice.

Cons

Too many "clicks" on some tasks...printing for example.
That dang box I have to constantly check so as to NOT send a copy to my customer when I start a job...please make that a preference.
Tires...need a solution for tire tax, etc

Troy

Great Product

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Pros

Very user friendly. Continue to develop new and exciting features.

Cons

Sometimes the labor estimator is not correct.

Mitchell RepairCenter and ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Better features and a better price.
Michael

• Customer Support Software

Shop-Ware boosted our sales of recomendations

Reviewed on 7/31/2019

The ultimate goal is increased sales, productivity and profit. We get all of these as well as high marks from the customers. Lots of 5 star reviews!

Pros

The package is easy and intuitive. My staff took to it like a duck to water. Techs realized a boost in efficency and more completed hours. Sales staff tells me "it just gets better every day". Customers tell me "The dealership does not anything like this"

Cons

I wish I had signed up sooner. There is nothing negative I can think of.

John

Great and user friendly

Amazing product

Pros

Being able to send photos to the customer adds transparency and increases RO. It shows we are trying to fix your car not just pad our wallets.

Cons

Being web based you need to make sure that you have good WFI and internet. Also good tablets with flashes