Write a Review!

4.8/5

Christian
Christian

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic shop management system. Sold itself. Wish we had made the move a log time ago.

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Time savings. Better GP management. Clearer communication between shop and customer as well as between front desk and technicians. Saved on monthly subscription and maintenance fees by canceling services include in Shop-Ware.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Felt familiar from the first use. Conceived of and built by an actual shop owner. Provides very useful data at a glance without having to run a bunch of reports. The complicated stuff is built in so the operation is simple. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos, direct texting between RO and customer are all built in which means I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos and text direct between RO and customer bulit in so I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Recommendations that didn't get approved on current RO are saved and included on following work orders. Cloud servers are more secure than my shop server. Been a long time since I've been this excited about a work software.

Cons

I would like the pricing displays a little different. I would like to have true menu/package pricing options. Texting abilities are slim. BUT all of these are already being worked on, so not really a big issue just a field that required an entry.

Alan

Shop-ware

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

Overall, I enjoy the software. I wish there was a better payment option and the 2 issues listed above were taken care of. I keep hearing it's coming but it hasn't come...... I have honestly been looking at Techmetric because the above issues are not issues on their platform. I hesitate to move because there is a learning curve and other hick ups involved with that change that I would prefer not to endure.

Pros

Digital work board. I can check in on the business or help out where ever I have internet service.

Cons

1. I can not share an inspection with recommendations without sharing price at the same time. This has been a big concern of mine since day 1 and still not changed. Its frustrating because I am essentially not using the digital inspection to make any sales. I'm certain my ARO would increase with this feature.

2. I can not break down labor cost by technician. This is again frustrating because the labor cost is NOT ACCURATE on any one ticket or job on a given ticket. It's just not accurate.

Christopher

Shopware review

Reviewed on 2020-03-09

Great potential with some nice features. However, the program is just not there yet.

Pros

The Digital inspections.
Communications with customers via text.

Cons

The program has many quirks that should be worked out before charging nearly $300 per month.

brad

• Customer Support Software

These guys are going to be an amazing software in the coming years. Get in now!

Reviewed on 2020-03-13

They truly care. Again, this is a software company that cares. You need to find partners to ensure success in your business. Shop-ware is a partner.

Pros

Shop-ware is still flexible since they are rigid like a RO Writer. They truly work to help their customers have success using the software. They are still young, so features are coming out still and some more abilities are being added. They have a ways to go on tires.

The inspections portion of the software is great. I think this is what attracted is at the start and keeps us happy every day we use it.

Overall they will work with you to get a product you want to use.

Cons

Doesn't not work well for tires. You must use Quickbooks and it's hard to "balance" at the end of the day to know you have the correct cash and credit cards.

The way they setup parts is difficult. There is no pricing matrix and parts all link to a main nomenclature. They works well in certain instances, but not well in others. Everything is a give and take. Overall you can work fast within the software.

TireShop

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Pace could not keep up with the times and implement technology.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The staff at Shop-Ware truly won us over. They worked with us for a long time to get prepared to switch. I also felt their user-interface is by far the BEST! The software is not perfect, but they have a good team behind them.
Matthew

Excellent Program

Great product that is continually improving, highly recommend

Great product that is continually improving, highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use, inspections are part of the software, ability to access from anywhere, customer service from Shop Ware team, monthly improvements, built in time clock, customer facing interactions

Cons

lack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops,

MaxxTraxx

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, ability to make changes and improvements

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

the investment they have in making the program better all the time
Oscar

Shop Management System for today's Customer

Reviewed on 2020-03-06

Shop-Ware has improved the everyday operation of the shop. It has made it easy to communicate with the customer and manage workflow.

Pros

This software makes it so easy to communicate, advise and present service information with all my customers.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons with this software

Ric

• Customer Support Software

Fast, customer-focus, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019-07-25

Support is fantastic. They respond instantly to emails or calls. Genuinely interested in helping.

Pros

Workflow is simple and easy for new users to learn. 90% of everything you need is in a few screens. As an online system, we can move from computer to computer and everything is in sync. The database is an open design, no need to save work or changes. Customer's get easy to understand repair orders or estimates for approval via text or email.

Cons

Still needs some feature development to be on par with more robust systems.

Stacey

Shop-Ware SMS

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

Great experience overall, support is very responsive and features work well, would like to see improvements in parts inventory and Added CRM features.

Pros

Customer facing sms with powerful features to paint the value picture to your customers.

Cons

Weak on parts inventory management and editing control.

roman

• Customer Support Software

Hands down best shop software

Reviewed on 2020-10-19

Great experience, it’s helped us get to the next level and take on more service

Great experience, it’s helped us get to the next level and take on more service

Pros

The ease of communication with the customer is amazing. It keeps the customer updated and approvals come in faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the schedule and have “canned items” to post such as “off” “ out sick” etc.

NAPA TRACS

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We liked the easy platform.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The system is the easiest to use and we love the paperless idea
Brian

Software for Today!

Reviewed on 2020-03-23

Going paperless is liberating! Having customers excited to approve work is fabulous!

Pros

The most impactful feature to our shop is the seamless communication between the advisor and customer, often work is approved before our advisor's reach the customer by phone!

Cons

The backend of this program is lacking in some areas: Technician needs to know how much time has been spent on a labor operation , warranty tracking non existent, need to have flexibility with hours charged VS flat rate hours, marketing and reporting are all going to need improvement...

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Glad we made the decision to switch to Shop-ware!

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Shop-ware has been a great program for our shop. The support has always been more than helpful. I do wonder if the issues or glitches I have brought to supports attention have been addressed or just in the "not super important" abyss.

Pros

Shop-ware is very user friendly. I like that the program is cloud based for ease of connecting to what's going on in my business if I am not physically in the shop. I also like the parts ordering integration. Being able to quickly create estimates has been a huge time savings.

Cons

The flaws in the partnerships that shop-ware has, such as parts tech and the labor guide.

There is a glitch in the software for the camera the that deters my technicians from taking photos, which is a huge drawback for us. The software won't allow use of the flash on the tablet, the tech has to use the attachment icon to get into the tablet software to access the flash mode - too many clicks to add a photo.

Tekmetric

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The communication method with the customers.
Farhad

• Customer Support Software

Great service, product pretty solid.

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

We have been part of Shop-Ware's growth since the early days. I have enjoyed watching the growth and development of the software. I am glad to have given early feedback that translated to actual action.

Pros

Ease of use, Constant improvement made by development team.

Cons

Limitations on data export. Has gotten quite a bit better in last 6 months though!

Erin

Northtown Auto Clinic Review

Reviewed on 2020-03-11

Customer service and IT training has been spot on great - when we happen to meet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at events, she is amazing about remembering our interactions and listening to what shop needs are

Pros

Really love the availability to communicate with the customer through the system in multiple avenues. The log is a fantastic tool to refer back to as well.

Cons

Inventory/parts return/core management.

NAPA TRACS

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Cost, updated customer communications, cloud based

Cloud Based. Parts intigration
Lori

Very Thorough Automotive Software Tool

Reviewed on 2020-03-11

We currently struggle with some of the inventory processes of SW because we don't keep inventory stocked. We also have intermittent issues with the connection to Worldpac, which is our main supplier. We do not currently use PartTech because the WP link is so much more user friendly and faster and they are our primary vendor.

Pros

It has thoroughly considered every aspect of use for the customer and made it as all-encompassing as possible to include any customer scenario, parts ordering sync and customer communication.

Cons

There are so many extensive features, some that are fairly involved, a more extensive and thorough standard training would be welcomed to be more familiar with all the different processes and scenarios involved before using the program.

Vinnie

CoAuto loves Shopware & you will too

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Overall experience has been great, we have been with Shop-Ware for many years now and seen many improvements along the way.

Pros

Ease of use from the digital inspection process & building estimates to the text to pay feature & text approval process we love what Shop-Ware offers. The customer support is always fast, friendly and helpful. Very client friendly, ease of use for clients is a plus. One system takes care of what we used to need 2 or 3 systems for.

Cons

Lack of ability to add text or symbols to photos, hard to navigate the initial approval process for clients, no texting options, cannot delete duplicated parts, cores being a separate part vs included in the same line.
Estimator hours could be improved by using a better estimator, the hours are off when compared to Alldata.

Shop4D and Tekmetric

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, digital inspection process was difficult to manage, needed multiple platforms to be efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Price, customer service, ease of use
Matthew

Game Changer For My Business

Reviewed on 2020-03-11

Customer communications was an issue before Shop-Ware. Now that I can text and email my customers I have solved a lot of those issues.

Pros

Shop-Ware totally changed how I run my business. We a very old system before and Shop-Ware was a huge leap in technology. My customers love the ability to approve recommended repairs right from their smartphone or computer. The ability to attach pictures, videos and PDFs to the work order really adds a level of credibility and transparency that my customers respond to.

Cons

I wish there was some type of customer retention features and a way to remind my customer of needed services such as oil changes and state inspection.

Mitchell RepairCenter

Needed to update to the 21st century

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The ease of use and features
Lisa

Shop-ware

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Their customer service is top notch. I send them questions all the time and they always answer them no matter how muddled I think that question gets. We have recommended them to a couple other shops. Our customers love the fact that they see what our mechanics see with pictures and videos.

Pros

I am new to the Automotive Industry. Shop-Ware has made it so I can understand what I am doing on both sides, front and back side. Inputting customer information is a breeze, canned jobs are quick to make and find, integrated part systems are easy to use. Pulling financial information out of the backside and understanding what I am looking at makes it easy to get what our account needs and to do payroll every week.

Cons

Until we got used to the system, it was a little confusing, but their customer service was always able to walk us thru any questions we had. We still find things that we didn't know it could do. We handle sublets from other shops, so I wish we could combine repair orders so I would only have to charge the customer once for multiple vehicles instead of every time they picked up a car in a day. Would save both us and our customer on credit card fees. Was told this is in the works for an upgrade, so we shall see.

Jean

Reviewed on 2020-03-06

Overall, I like Shop-Ware despite the learning curve that is with any new system. The web based search features are great once you have the system established. Customer support does address all issues even if they can not fix them. I do find that fixing user errors is clunky and that not all errors can be fixed on the Shop-Ware side.

Pros

The accountability. Love the log so that you can tell who adjusted what customer invoice, i.e. adding or removing parts, adjusting pricing, etc. Setting up users and permissions is easy. It is very easy to flip between screens while working. Love the adding vehicle features and searches. Love the ability to add repair pictures right to the invoice for the customer.

Cons

So much information is available in some areas that you have to use sort features to limit information received. Not all sort/search features are obvious. Correcting received invoices is an issue if the vendor is selected wrong or the wrong amount is entered, there is no way to go back into the purchase to make a correction. All corrections have to be made in accounting.
Another issue is current day schedule. Once cars start arriving for the day and are checked in, they no longer show on the current day schedule so you have to flip between work in shop and the schedule screen to tell if you can take in more cars for the day for quickie services.

Benjamin

Overall great product.

Reviewed on 2021-08-20

Pros

I love the silent communication between the service advisors and myself. I also love how willing the Shopware team is to accepting our input and ideas and implementing things we need.

Cons

The service advisors use at the VIN details and service specifications occasionally which I find inconsistently correct. You can rarely trust the engine code in the VIN details because it almost always picks the one that is first alphabetically. I have found that some of the fluid capacities are wrong as well.

Matt

Reviewed on 2020-03-17

overall very pleased with shop-ware, we have learned alot about our business and stream lined certain aspects of our processess.

Pros

Moving to Shop-Ware, the transition was very manageable. We have 2 locations that made the switch coming off our previous system that we had been on for almost 30 years. One of the biggest things noticed that i wasn't expecting is the amount of paper and toner cost that was reduced moving towards dispatching work orders and moving them through out the shop electronically. The amount of data and kpi's that are available also gave us the opportunity to make much needed and over due changes in our business and to update our business model.

Cons

We are an independent Goodyear Dealer, So the Tire aspect of the system is really the only thing lacking in my opinion. There could be a seprate tire catalog but we are making due using the parts inventory for now.

BRUCE

Areas that I work within

Reviewed on 2020-03-25

Overall I think this is one of the most user friendly shop management programs that I have used.

Pros

Easy to write, edit and dispatch repair orders. Love that I can see customers entering repair orders.

Cons

Would like for 1 button email/text customers, space for additional contact numbers and be able to text all listed number is desired. When alerts come in I would like them to display on top of all open windows. Would like software that will let you operate on 2 monitors with limited functions on second monitor. When quoting repair parts I would like to be able to enter several parts from same vendor without having to start the process from the beginning for each part. Would like to see more information in vehicle history such as quoted/declined repairs and any service notes.

Kristi

Great Program, but Report Features are Lacking

Reviewed on 2020-03-16

Shop-ware is great! I understand it is a newer software program compared to others and while I believe it is better than most that have been around a while, it still has a lot of room for improvement

Pros

I love the user functionality of Shop-ware. It is easy to read and see what is happening, as well as easy to use and figure out.

Cons

The reporting features aren't the best and that is the one thing that I use the most. I have to export, sort and essentially re-create each report to the use of my needs after it is dumped into an excel file. I have also had to train my co-workers on how they enter part descriptions just so I can find the data I need each month. We've made it work, but not ideal.

Also, really wish there was a better way to track employee purchases!

Troy

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020-03-12

Pros

Very user friendly. Continue to develop new and exciting features.

Cons

Sometimes the labor estimator is not correct.

Mitchell RepairCenter and ALLDATA

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Better features and a better price.
Michael

• Customer Support Software

Shop-Ware boosted our sales of recomendations

Reviewed on 2019-07-31

The ultimate goal is increased sales, productivity and profit. We get all of these as well as high marks from the customers. Lots of 5 star reviews!

Pros

The package is easy and intuitive. My staff took to it like a duck to water. Techs realized a boost in efficency and more completed hours. Sales staff tells me "it just gets better every day". Customers tell me "The dealership does not anything like this"

Cons

I wish I had signed up sooner. There is nothing negative I can think of.

Leon

Shop-ware user review

Reviewed on 2019-07-25

able to use the system on multiple devices , easy to refer to previous work history

Pros

customizable , customer service is very good & answered by a warm body that speaks English

Cons

reporting needs some help , unable to assign labor rate to specific vehicle