ChARM EHR

Electronic Health Records and Practice Management Software

4.3 /5 (85 reviews) Write a Review!

Sara C.

Best EHR for value

Reviewed on 2020-11-08

I sampled several EHR systems last year and ChARM had most of the qualities that I wanted a administrator and clinician. I really enjoy using this EHR system and it is easy for my clients to use as well to sign paperwork and access resources.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can customize all of my notes and templates that I need on a daily basis. I also really enjoy that everything can be electronic and all paperwork can be sent to clients and have signatures in real time.

Cons

I feel the customer services could set up EFT and enrollments for payers to make it streamlined and easier for the provider.

Shawn W.

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

Reviewed on 2020-10-09

Pros

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support".

What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires, capturing signoffs, requesting appointments, email/text reminders, chatting/texting directly with the provider, etc. They also have several different Apps for mobile devices, so it's easy to access and document (chart/bill/schedule).

This is a great platform for any provider, but if your specialty/business is looking for a more direct engagement and connection with your patients, and not necessarily tied to an office location/network, Charm can provide these capabilities all in one fully integrated platform.

Cons

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement.

Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

Renee C.

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price.

I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits.

We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

Pros

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

Cons

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Kate T.

• Customer Support Software

Low cost, scaleable EHR with responsive staff

Reviewed on 2019-12-14

We use Charm for a Telepsychiatry company with all TeleHealth visits. Charm has been responsive to our product inquiries and integration options.

Pros

Low cost, can view software ahead of purchase, responsive customer service, easy to use and train, customizable.

Cons

Not quite enterprise level yet, still some basic features most other EHRs have that are missing. But, Charm is catching up!

Zak W.
  • Industry: Design

ChARM Implementation

Reviewed on 2019-12-15

ChARM allows me to easily configure and evaluate practice configurations with Practioners and staff. This allows me to prepare and train to our practice's unique work flows and scenarios. I am looking forward to completing the roll out and feel confident that the ChARM team will ensure that we are fully implemented on time.

Pros

ChARM provides multiple support channels offering comprehensive onboarding and post-implementation support. I rely on their knowledgebase and experienced team to quickly review configurations and support tuning for our unique work flows.

Cons

ChARM is a rich, comprehensive practice management platform. As the implementation lead, I did not in nitially integrate the (available) e ChARM resources into our team.

Barry S.

• Customer Support Software

Affordable All in One for Integrative Medicine!

Reviewed on 2016-07-02

Pros

I have been using Charm for my Integrative practice for over 4 years. They have been really responsive to customer needs and wants. It is very flexible and has many more options for supplementation and dietary recommendations then most other systems. This at a very reasonable price (based on volume) for what is included!

Cons

They are having some growing pains with customer service and some times do not get issues resolved until you get in touch with a senior representative.

Megan S.

Amazing versatile product

Reviewed on 2019-12-14

Efficient, easy and versatile. Perfect for small to medium companies.

Pros

Highly customizable and scaling prices.

Cons

None love everything.

Hrvoje P.

I just love it

Reviewed on 2017-11-28

Pros

Price is really great and it is really good to use. We used practice fusion before but it's complicated.

Cons

inventory tracking and billing for medications we receive. And we cannot manage reports like on other EHR.

Elizabeth G.

• Customer Support Software

Why did I wait to so long to switch to Charm Tracker!

Reviewed on 2016-11-21

A colleague recommended Charm Tracker for my EHR needs, so I decided to check them out. I've been a client for about a year now. I have a small practice so cost was an issue - no problem. I don't have employees and would need to know how to run the program - no problem. I wanted to make sure it was HIPPA compliant and secure - no problem!

I decided to try this EHR system as I was running out of space with filing. Not to mention the time to file away chart notes. When I do have to print off my chart notes - they look so professional.

They assign you a consultant who will train you on how to use the program. I was able to design my own chart note system. My consultant has been faithful to check in with me on a regular basis, so I feel supported. It's been a win-win system for me.

Pros

1. cost - free to join & free to use up to 50 entries per month. And the cost afterwards is reasonable.
2. reduces paper & time - frees up space - my files were getting larger and taking up room. frees up my time away from filing
3. great training and good customer support
4. HIPPA compliant and secure in cyberspace

Pat V.

The Best of the E Learning Tools

Reviewed on 2021-01-07

I am extremely pleased with ChaRM EHR. It is so easy to schedule clients and does not require me to do more than make about three clicks. The software is great for therapy. Site share works well and I do not have any issues with therapy connections during sessions.

Pros

The ease of scheduling and reaching my clients. It is great that it is HIPPA compliant.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software. It is amazing!!

Aaron S.

• Customer Support Software

No real customer support.

Reviewed on 2018-12-11

Liked there soft ware in general

Pros

I like there software in general, scheduling and itemizing unique purchases and price. This is all good if they had customer service.

Cons

Lack of support or none.. We needed help with the Faxes stopped working and tried calling and just left message. Days later no response, so we had to use another company for faxes.

Dr. denise c T.

• Customer Support Software

Charm EHR has made managing our acupuncture practice more efficient and easier.

Reviewed on 2017-12-05

Improved chart notes and billing.

Pros

We run a group practice so it is great to be able to maintain standard notes and process a chart from registration to billing with ease. The integrated clearinghouse is simple to process claims and the chart notes are customizable.

Cons

The mobile apps features need to match the desktop version especially with integrating scheduling with chart notes and annotated images.

Luke S.

Horrific Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019-02-27

Pros

It looks great and is easy to navigate. We do love their customizable intake forms, which are easy to create and look fantastic.

Cons

Worst customer service I've experienced, possibly ever. We have been waiting on Charm for TWO WEEKS just to allow us to charge our patients directly through Charm. They're integrated with Bluefin (a credit card processor), but they literally seem to have zero idea how to set up our account. Each time I call, I speak to "CSR", who says "sorry, I can't do anything about this, let me send a message to our team". To say our team is frustrated with Charm is an understatement. Do yourself a favor and use Elation Health.

Travis E.

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service and solid platform

Reviewed on 2016-11-19

I've used Charm for years and they have consistently improved the functionality, using the suggestions and requests of actual doctors. I now use the billing module, the merchant processing, the online calendar option, and of course the charting. I love how the entirety of my practice is run through Charm. And my patients really like it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service.

Cons

The messaging can be a bit clunky. The billing reports are not as customizable as I would like.

Sherri W.

• Customer Support Software

Best thing our practice ever did.

Reviewed on 2016-11-18

Our practice used to be all paper based, we signed up to charm in 2015 and it has been the best thing we ever did. It has saved us time by having everything in one system. It has saved us money by cutting down on our paper usage. It makes tracking claims so easy. The best part is we are now totally Hippa compliant and it has improved communication between our practice and patients. The support staff is excellent and quick to respond to all of our inquiries.

Mikhail B.

Good free software

Reviewed on 2016-11-07

Good free software for a star up medical clinic. I would recommend for any small clinic that doesn't want to pay for other EHR's. It has a lot of features for a free software.

Antonio V.

Charm review

Reviewed on 2019-12-14

Very pleasant and believable it or not; enjoyable

Pros

Easy of use, extremely versatile and amenable to small practices and great value.

Cons

Not much on this area. Great company, great product and great reasoning to start a company like Charm

Nerissa B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Love my EHR

Reviewed on 2021-03-15

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing.
I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

Pros

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

Cons

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

Phyllis R.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2020-10-23

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

Cons

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

Melissa T.

Awesome EHR

Reviewed on 2019-12-14

We are very please with charm and have recommended it to three other practices

Pros

We love a lot about this software and how it has optimized our buisness- the calendar is beautiful and the features are very thoughtful.

Cons

We wish you could add a resource to the provider calender and book the room- the kiosk feature does not actually check in patients - and insurance is very not user friendly for patients

Bianca B.

Great for Physician-Owner in Psychiatry

Reviewed on 2021-02-28

Overall, this product is affordable and easy to use. I can communicate easily with patients from their initial intake, through their ongoing care. One of the greatest benefits is the ability to securely capture and store payment information with pre-existing templates for Superbills. I would chose this EHR again!

Pros

ChARM has served me well in my solo psychiatry private practice. Prior to selecting ChARM, I researched a number of EMR's. I have all of components needed to run a practice - built-in video component (even before pandemic), secure patient communication, billing, payment collection, and e-prescribing. It is easy to use with many YouTube videos available. If/when I expand my practice with other providers, this software can accommodate other providers. This product is also very affordable. My practice is small and growing. At present, my monthly bill is low because I am serving fewer than 50 patients.

Cons

I wish it were easier/more intuitive to integrate lab ordering and tracking. No other cons, I am quite satisfied.

Lonna H.

Excellent EMR for Internal and External Efficiency

Reviewed on 2020-09-21

This is been the very best experience across my work with this current business enterprise, and my past extensive experience in other industries. The software is excellent and the support teams are always responsive and willing to go the extra mile

Pros

This software is totally intuitive with seamless integration into many other programs

Cons

I really can't think of anything that we disliked

Nicole A.

• Customer Support Software

Good value for small medical office

Reviewed on 2016-11-21

I've been using Charm for about 1 year and am pretty pleased overall.

Pros

I like the options to customize some templates such. I don't use billing features but it's great that it's included.

Cons

You cannot enter information directly on an invoice. For example, if you want to add a product into an invoice or a service that is out of the ordinary or brand new, you cannot just enter it and have it remain on the invoice. Everything has to be entered in inventory before hand. This is sometimes too time consuming.
Some fields cannot be modified, like vaccines. Most patients do not know details, such as injection date. This if field is required so I enter visit date and then have to make other notes.

Naturopatic D.

• Customer Support Software

ChARM works well for my small practice.

Reviewed on 2016-11-18

I have been using ChARM since about 2013, early in their business. They have been continually updating features and making the interface better. I find it particularly well-suited for my natural medicine practice as I am able to track supplements and medications separately, as well as created customized templates for the types of visits I see. The downside so far is that the customer service response time is quite slow--it is very difficult to get someone on the phone, ever. Usually responses are by email, days or sometimes even weeks later. I have to admit, due to the small size of my practice, I do not pay for the EHR, so perhaps this would be different for larger, practices who are paying customers.

Michael P.

Frustrations from the beginning

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

Pros

Touted features sound great, but the implementation needs work. Cost is reasonable. I like the idea of the Kiosk, but the app was thrown together.

Cons

1. Customer service is on the West Coast and they do not pick up until 12:00EST
1.5 Actual team that fixes problems is in India so NOTHING GETS FIXED until the next day!
2. Customer Service rep needs to find another line of work, he does not do well with customer service.
3. Every day there are new challenges with the software. Today, all of our patients disappeared for the day, yesterday, we could not get into and view the schedule. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
4. No higher-ups we can discuss issues and the aforementioned frustrations!