SMTP2GO

Fast, reliable mail delivery and management solution

4.9 /5 (128 reviews) Write a Review!
4.9
4.7
4.6
4.8
4.8
Steve P.
Industry: Internet

Powerful SMTP services without the headache!

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Pros

SMTP2GO gave us a simple solution to enable web applications hosted within our own network, so send emails from .NET pages easily. It removed the overheads in setting up and maintaining local email services, plus allowed us to keep our own server IP's away from blacklists - especially useful when providing shared hosting space to many different customers!

The web dashboard for SMTP2GO provides simple configuration and online reporting and usgae stats, plus provdes simple logging of mails, deliveries and failures.

Cons

TBH, nothing - it just works! SMTP2GO provide fast reliabel support and there is a wealth of information online to get you sorted, IF you get issues.

Ihab M.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent and reliable Email delivery service

Reviewed on 9/29/2020

Due to the bad reputation of our public IP addresses at our ISP, there were times where we couldn't send 20 emails per day as our IPs were blacklisted by all known antispam providers.
we had no choice but to rely on a smart-host like SMTP2Go. we tried similar competitors but this by far was the best.

Pros

if your business relies on emails and If you are looking to enhance your email delivery and not worry about sending failures, SMTP2GO is your best choice. theirs servers are whitelisted at any Antispam service, your Email wont get bounced unless you have a typo mistake.
They also provide you with brilliant reports to track every single email. support team are very helpful.
several packages are available for everyone and you always upgrade/downgrade if you wish

Cons

I never had any problems so far. except for one time when we had a few infected users sending bulk emails to invalid recipients and got us blocked. it will a bit tough to handle with the support team cause they were too strict to unblock us but to be honest they had a valid reason as our problem could have affected the other members and therefore their business.
otherwise, we are happy with what have!

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Ihab,

Thank you for the review! So happy you are with us!

We are elated to hear that you were able to work through the infected users! Our support team is ready to help!

Happy emailing! :)

It works-ish

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 4/27/2019

Pros

Provides SMTP on the go which is great for temporary email solutions

Cons

Had a couple of tests with this to ensure it works via temporary email addresses. Account got blocked. Other than that, its great.

Response from SMTP2GO

Accounts are blocked if they do not meet the Terms of Service agreement, as is the case in this incident.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Steve L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Easy Integration with WordPress - It Just Works

Reviewed on 9/22/2020

What I like about SMTP2GO is that it was easy to get started and it just works. I searched pretty hard to find the features I wanted on a free service, and while they weren't the only organisation that fitted the bill, the others wanted me to jump through hoops to sign up. By the time I'd jumped through them, I'd already implemented SMTP2GO. We may move away at some point, but on our current level of usage the benefits of doing so would be marginal and we'd obviously have some set up and testing work to do.

Pros

SMTP2GO was amazingly easy to implement. Signing up was free, I was happy with the level of service available on the free tier and connecting it to WordPress couldn't have been simpler as they maintain a plugin to make sure all email calls go via their service. We currently combine SMTP2GO with the WeMail plugin for sending mailshots to our members, and the combination works nicely.

Cons

The usage limits on the free tier aren't especially generous, and to stay within them when sending mail shots we have to allow the messages to send over an hour or so, which means "last minute" emails aren't an option for us. Not a big deal as we'd prefer to avoid last minute emails in any case, and now we have an extra reason to do so!

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you are with us!

If you need any assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mike R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Head and Shoulders above the Competition

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

Used online Chat during the sales process, and then during the setup. Both experiences were great. Friendly and professional staff.

Pros

I was using SendGrid, and I cannot imagine a more awful experience. SMPT service should be transparent, and should not require any attention. SMTP2GO delivers just that. Once we registers, I have not had to spend a second thinking about SMTP service. WIth SendGrid, it was a daily worry.

Cons

I have nothing to list. It has been a solid product.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Mike,

We are so glad you are with us! Our support staff is top notch and is available to help whenever you need it!

Thanks for the awesome review and reach out to us anytime! :)

Tony S.

SMTP2GO A solution to blocked emails

Reviewed on 9/22/2020

I have several clients who were having their emails being rejected by various other receiving domains, by using smptgo they are now able to send emails and know that they will be received by their clients and no business will be missed.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, high mail limits, lots of help and advice. You can have several domains all linked to your account making management easier. The email log will show you any emails that are having problems. To be honest once all set up we just tend to leave it alone and just log in once a year to renew.

Cons

First time set up can be a bit daunting. Verification could be easier.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Tony,

We appreciate your awesome review!

Let us know if you have any questions. Happy emailing!

Cesar G.
Industry: Building Materials

Best Solution to send a big quantity of Mails

Reviewed on 9/23/2020

We need this solution to send more than 800 mails instantly

Pros

Easy to use. Possibility to send a big quantity if mails and not be a spammer

Cons

For us this product is perfect and I have nothing to say against

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Cesar!

Thank you for leaving such an amazing review! We really appreciate that!

Happy emailing!

Roy P.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

It no longer works as it used to.

Reviewed on 9/17/2020

See above. I would be delighted to talk with somebody at SMPT2GO if they can spare 5 minutes. My number is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I am based in France.

Pros

A geek receommended SMPT2GO to resolve a problem caused by MS-Outlook. Microsoft does not want to know about this problem, much less deal with in.

Cons

For the past several weeks the problem has once again become acute. SMTP2GO is no longer effective. I have no idea why this is so. Neither does my geek.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi! We'd be happy to chat. You can message us and we'll call if you like (your phone number was hidden). We even have a French speaker on staff. :)

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brent T.
Company size: Self Employed

Allows you to send emails with confidence

Reviewed on 9/22/2020

I am a web design agency that hosts my clients sites and provides POP3 email services as part of it. Outgoing emails being blocked by spam lists was a huge problem and very frustrating - SMTP2Go solved it! I highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to setup and use with no hassles with a simple but effective admin area. The ability to monitor and filter sent emails is fantastic.

Cons

From my perspective and use there is nothing not to like.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Brent,

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review!

Keep recommending us and reach out anytime you have questions!

Loi N.
Industry: Automotive

Quick, easy and reliable

Reviewed on 9/24/2020

Pros

dashboard looks and works great. easy to add new aliases

Cons

Can take some time to get used to dashboard and work your way around. There is no dark mode.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Loi,

Thank you for leaving such a great review!!

The suggestion for the dark mode is a great idea! I will pass that on to our team!

Reach out if you have any questions!

Dimitri C.

Perfect mail relay

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

I started using SMTP2GO as my customers starting moving to fibre providers that did not offer an SMTP relay server. Then as customers started moving to MS365 we always had issues integrating scanners and applications that sent email notifications. Although 365 does provide these relay options it is usually a pain to setup and some scanners did not have the required options available in their config.

With SMTP2GO there is no guessing involved. 1 minute to setup and works every time.

Whenever I add a new customer, within days their support team will contact me if they pick up any issues with my mail server configuration and provide info on how to prevent backscatter or if they pickup my customer is mail bombing. The final big plus in my opinion is that they care about keeping the internet "clean" and not chasing the money by allowing users to send as many emails as possible.

I use the dashboard to track down email delivery problems and can get a quick view on the big users.

Every single aspect of SMTP2GO is perfect for my needs. SMTP2GO is one of my few service providers that make a huge difference in my job as an IT professional.

Pros

Dashboard for tracking and troubleshooting mail delivery. Ease of use.

Cons

Zero cons. Honestly, this service does exactly everything I need.

Youssef K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to setup - very useful smtp service

Reviewed on 2/7/2020

we started using SMTP2go long time ago when our hosting server's IP got blacklisted. getting started was very easy and we were able to create different user accounts for our clients and to control their monthly spending limits

Pros

very simple setup, easy to get started and most importantly we can use it for all our clients websites we develop with the need for an smtp account from their side

Cons

there is no specific issue in the software, it helped us deliver our clients emails perfectly

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for the amazing review! We are glad you are with us.

Reach out anytime you have questions. Happy emailing! :)

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

easy to use and reliable.

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Using SMTP2Go to solve what was an ongoing headache for my clients with Emails not being delivered due to mis-blacklisted IP addresses where ISP / Hosts share IP's between clients this software has released my time and it worth every penny - in the lats year I have not had to track down a mistaken RBL listings once where as previously this was a monthly occurrence for some co-hosted clients. but every time I move a client over to use SMTP2Go the support overhead vanishes in this respect because it just works, I could not recomend highly enough.

Pros

the web-based interface, and ease of integration made this the natural choice long term - having had problems a with my IPS and hosting company getting shared IP address listed on DNSBL or RBL lists and spending allot of time doing de-listing because of other peoples mistakes rerouting via SMTP2GO made perfect sense, I tried the free package and while this would suffice for 90% of the time I don;t mind paying what is realistically a small fee for piece of mind - my clients don't notice and mail gets delivered.

Cons

As yet I have found no drawbacks, I can't fault the interface or the service.

Andy G.
Industry: Computer Software

Great SMTP Service for ensuring email delivery and not being classed as SPAM

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Pros

Great service for ensuring reliable delivery of ALL emails and for ensuring emails do not get incorrectly classed as SPAM. The service is designed for bulk email but we also use it for day to day super reliable email delivery.

Cons

Nothing, we have had no issues and the pricing is awesome

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the glowing review!

We are so happy that you are loving our service! Please let us know if you ever have any questions! :)

SMTP2GO - Well rounded, easy to use MTA service

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Our main client is a animal welfare NGO. They have experienced some issues in balancing service quality with budget. Some of the test/ support features that a fully commercial operation might have access to have yet to happen. Rick - our usual support person has done a really wonderful job of getting us through a few roadblocks

Hope the team feels our appreciation

Pros

The main things:
* Outstanding service quality
* Heavy commitment to quality customer support
* Smooth considerate and competent handling of a variety of mission critical incidents
* Easy memorable setup process
* Caters for a wide range of end user use cases
* Adequate metrics -- easy to use and not over complicated

Cons

We're in New Zealand. Sometimes the backend load is a bit slow

Toby W.
Industry: Real Estate

Reliable SMTP Relay

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

As we removed internal mail server we discovered issues with Office 365 mail relay for legacy systems and those that could generate high volumes of alerts. SMTP2Go resolves this and gives us the ability to get anything to mail relay from wherever is it based

Pros

Really simple to setup and use. Great solution for legacy devices like older Multifunction printer/copiers, old payroll system that wouldnt talk to Office365 and for bulk alerts from comms room temp sensors, backup apps and building management. Allows us to whitelist source IPs or use usernames/passwords for sites without a static IP. Reporting dashboard makes it easy to troubleshoot delivery issues.

Cons

Cant really think of anything. Havent had a single issue

Luis D.
Industry: Education Management

The only company that would provide the service we need

Reviewed on 1/29/2019

We have spikes in our emailing that most other providers could not accept. As a school we send out regular reports to parents and these have always been sent by one user as fast as the system could produce them. We may have 2,000 emails going out from the server at regular intervals very quickly and no other smtp service would accept this as it looked like spam to them.

Pros

What we need was a service that would not impose limits on emails per user or per hour. With SMTP2go we simply set a monthly maximum for the whole school.

Cons

My only complaint, and I'm told it may be addressed in future, is that I cannot set a common footer for every user. The footers have to be set individually for each user, which is a chore when the footer has to be changed.

Philip K.
Company size: Self Employed

A reliable solution for problems sending e-mail

Reviewed on 5/15/2019

I previously used the SMTP servers from my web host and my ISP and both would have occasional but annoying problems; I would send e-mails to certain recipients that wouldn't arrive. When this happened the companies would blame other people and be generally unhelpful. With SMTP2GO, I never have any problems and can trace everything.

Pros

It is easy to set up and provides excellent and complete reports. Also the company is the most responsive provider I deal with. Any e-mails to them are responded to by a human within minutes.

Cons

Ideally, my ISP or web hosts should provide a better service and I shouldn't need to pay extra for SMTP2GO. But since I made the choice, sending e-mail has been flawless and so I consider it to be worth the money.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are with us!

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Happy emailing! :)

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

service is impeccable!

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

our ISP didn't provide an SMTP server with any reliability. our emails stopped going out and as our business is very much email driven it was vital to find a service provider that would be beyond reproach. Success was received once we were given a referral to smtp20 by our software providers. The referral proved to be perfect, and we have not looked back once since moving to smtp2go and nor will we. The very small issues regarding billing and service that we have had, were rectified immediately with 0 down time and superb & expeditious customer service.

Pros

No down time, superior service and communication is awesome!

Cons

my con for the software would only be price. I don't find it unreasonable but if i have to provide a negative, then this would be the only thing i could think of.

Christophe G.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Perfect Tool

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

I am very datacentric. I am CEO and old programmer at the same time. So I like to drive the company by data, and I push all the company to drive their services by data.
So I did some programs which daily extract data in the ERP, compile these datas, write the data in XL and send XL to the approriate users via email.
Previously I did it with a classic SMTP, and as there were too many emails, the smtp servers banned me for abuse detection. So a lot of time lost to reset, to reconfigure....
Since SMTP2Go, nothing to do, work smoothly.

Pros

What I like the most, is that it is invisible.
It works all the time. I send 20.000 / months.
Smooth, no issues.
It is easy to set-up, easy to program in any language. I use VBA or VBScript, so easy.

Cons

I do not know. I didn't have any issues.
I hope, the company and this service will remain active for a long time.
You never know who purchase who.

Matt M.

Excellent SMTP service

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

I've used SMTP2GO as a way to improve my domain's email deliverability (for standard email messing) and it's been very effective in that regard.

Pros

Setup was easy, supported DKIM and SPF out of the box and basically "just worked". Deliverability through SMTP2GO is better than Google for individuals as your actual sending IP is masked. I was having issue with my Google Domain until I switched here and have been here since.

Would recommend the service for smaller senders (like me) or larger senders that need to deliver larger amounts.

Cons

None. Support was fast when I thought I had a DKIM issue at the start, no issues since.

Industry: Telecommunications

Suggested SMTP relay service for non techy individual

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

As I worked in an ISP company, it is a requirement for us to provide smtp relay server. Purchasing the service from a third party company minimizes workforce requirement from us to maintain the system.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a lot of integration / API to other systems. We have this embedded on our monitoring system so it can send SMS to relevant team when there's a critical alarm.

Cons

The price is a bit high in my opinion given that SMTP relay service can be obtain from open source systems.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review!

We appreciate all feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Ian S.
Industry: Construction

SMTP2GO for reliable email delivery

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

I started using SMTP2GO when my ISP's shared server I use to host my website wasn't getting emails through to the users. It turned out that the server appeared on various blacklists and it's reputation was not being maintained by the ISP. I switched to SMTP2GO and have never looked back. Emails are delivered reliably and with ease, and the comprehensive reporting allows me to troubleshoot in the event that email isn't delivered for some reason.

Pros

The fact that my email is delivered reliably, while I don't have to worry about maintaining the reputation of my outgoing email server.

Cons

I don't really have any least liked things; the product just works once set up properly.

John B.
Industry: Real Estate

Ironic Timing for a review request

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

Up to the above issue we have had no issues

Pros

Easy to set up and maintain
Reasonable cost

Cons

Ironically we have recently received several emails from SMTP2GO regarding a scam email. We did have a legitimate change in our credit card info and received an email requesting to update and we did so. It has left us feeling uneasy and concerned our credit card may be compromised. We attempted to call customer support and it rang and rang without answer. We are monitoring our card and uneasy about attempting to log into our account.

Response from SMTP2GO

Hi John,

Thank you for your review! Let us know anytime, if you have questions regarding any emails from us.

We are ready to assist you! :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

James W.

A simply solution to sending as many emails as you want. Side step ISP email limitations.

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

Overcoming ISP email monthly and daily limitations at a modest cost. Not more I can say to that is there?

Pros

No limits on the number of emails you can send from your email client. Overcomes the email limitations of many ISPs. Good metrics and support if there are issue with blacklisting. They are strict that only opt-in listsare used and that there are clear opt-out instructions.

Cons

Nothing. It does what it says on the tin. Sometimes there can be issues with blacklisting, but support always are responsive and help fix the issue quickly.