Rhumbix

Time and materials tracking for construction businesses

3.9/5
3.8/5
3.9/5
Customer Support Software
4.2/5

Marisela

Great Support Team-Software

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Our field and admin staff have embraced this software and tell us that was much easier to learn. Very positive experience with Rhumbix Development Team and staff.

Pros

Our organization tracks every cost code or task, their development team and support has been great.

Cons

Some rolls that are set up, we would like to see more customization, specifically, for PM role as they are not allowed to make changes, and current one allows them to change time.

Response from Rhumbix

Marisela, that's awesome to hear your experience with our customer success team has been stellar. We continue to implement more role/workflow customizations, we hope to deliver more for you soon.

Michelle

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

As a whole, Rhumbix by far is the most comprehensive time keeping software we have used. Our field took to this with little resistance as it allows for more efficient time input on a daily basis per crew. We have tried a few other time keeping apps, but they would not let us customize it the way we needed. The Rhumbix team has worked with us to create exactly what we need including integration with our accounting software, Sage. The ease of integration is also a plus.

Pros

Ease of use for our field personnel via iPads. We have a lot of different codes that our field team uses to properly track each type of task and this makes it very easy for them to do that.

Cons

Our office staff has a slightly less easy time inputting their time. The wed based application is not as user friendly as on the iPad and most of our office staff do not have iPads.

Response from Rhumbix

That's great to hear your field readily adopted the application and found it easy to enter time. We continue to work on making the web application more robust.

Alex

Rhumbix review

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Overall my experience has been less then great. It has been frustrating having to force restart or redownload the app just to get it to work. Furthermore the searching for names is a burden especially since our manpower changes so much not having people you already selected on top waste way to much time.

Pros

The all the codes and man power are on there

Cons

That the workers you have selected already do not show up at the top of the list when you go into employees. The process of going through and searching for people names to disselect them takes forever. Also that the app seems to diselect codes for you from your list whenever it feels like it.

Response from Rhumbix

So sorry to hear you've had a tough time with the Rhumbix. We're escalating your feedback immediately to our development team.

Fritz

Moder Niagara

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Time entering is simple and fast..... as long as the app has not updated then I need to start from scratch. Like I said as long as payroll is good then my minor issue takes a back seat

Pros

As long as the payroll department is happy them I’m happy. If it saves them mental stress its all good

Cons

I do not like that I can see other trades cost codes. Also the order in which cost codes appear when multiple jobs are open is not the greatest. Especially if the cost code is the same but the project number is different and both codes appear next to each other.

Marcello

Reviewed on 3/11/2019

I really enjoy how easily it has made doing timesheets and the countless time it has saved me.

Pros

It saves time when doing timesheets and easy to review hours and make changes

Cons

It took a while to navigate to figure out to make a correction to a timesheet once in putted. Also accidentally double hours on worker when I tried to correct it. I eventually corrected it when I reviewed hours worked for the day.
It would be a good feature to be able to take a pic of persons parking and have it attacked to their time.

Response from Rhumbix

Sounds like entering time for your workers is a much easier process with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback on navigation, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Dustin

Way of the Future

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

My overall experience has been very good. If/when there are issues they are very quick to take care of the problem and continue to improve on Rhumbix. I highly recommend this software for any company, large or small.

Pros

Rhumbix is very accessible and fairly easy to use. I like that it is internet based so I can fill it out anywhere. It is also easy to edit if needed. I haven't had the need to download the App yet, but I'm glad there is one available.

Cons

I used to be very slow and lagged a lot but there were some updates that made it faster and hardly any lag now. As long as it doesn't slow down and start lagging again I can't think of any cons.

Nicky

• Customer Support Software

Overall a good product, needs some improvements

Reviewed on 3/11/2019

Overall I am happy with our experience with Rhumbix. I think for the price it would be able to do more that I want it to do.

Pros

I like that it is easy to import the time to our accounting software. It is fairly easy to make corrections and enter time.

Cons

I do not like the limited parameters on certain features. The fact that it only reads from particular cells in our accounting software. I do not like that time can be entered on jobs that are closed, this creates a lot of problems. I cannot remove team members from projects. I wish that the default job on weekly view would be "All Projects". Under the time entry view I would like it to say the job name not the cost code name.

Jackie

• Customer Support Software

Rhumbix is a Game Changer!

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

The Rhumbix Team listened to our companies needs and worked diligently to create a file that would successfully import into our payroll / accounting system. By using Rhumbix, we reduced the amount of time it takes to perform payroll by DAYS!

The program is very user friendly, our team was up and running the first week without any issues (both the field staff inputting the time and the office staff exporting the time)

I cannot speak highly enough of their customer service or the entire Rhumbix Team.

Pros

The amount of time Rhumbix has saved us in completing our payroll input process. This along with the accuracy of the data being input into our job cost / accounting software. It completely removes the possibility of clerical input error. Other companies claimed they could create the import file, but Rhumbix was the only company that actually could!

Cons

Reporting, there needs to be reporting functions. This is something that is necessary.

Response from Rhumbix

Jackie, wow your results on Rhumbix are incredible, we're glad to hear you found value in the software so quickly. More comprehensive reporting is on our roadmap, stay tuned!

Allen

Forman

Reviewed on 3/18/2019

Keeps track of time which is instantly relayed to management

Pros

You don’t have to hand write any time or equipment

Cons

Entering equipment is hard when you use multiple pieces on multiple jobs

Response from Rhumbix

Glad to hear you're enjoy a digital solution for time and equipment tracking. Thanks for the feedback around equipment, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Michael

Almost perfect!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Pros

The ability to keep track of my hours and progress easily. I also like how easy it is to submit my time cards!

Cons

I dislike every time the app dose an update, I have to renter all my cost codes and and works. When you have a large crew and are using a lot of different cost codes, this can be a huge inconvenience!

Response from Rhumbix

It's great to hear you're able to easily submit time cards with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback about the updates, we are working to make updates more seamless.

Brooke

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Overall, the switch to Rhumbix from a paper timesheet procedure has been smooth and easy. It has drastically cut down the administration time required for our payroll processes. It has been easy to get even the less tech-savvy of our field staff on board.

Pros

Time entry is easy for field staff, which makes getting time to payroll much faster. I like the accessibility of being able to go back over past periods to view time. I like the daily and weekly views for easy reviewing of time. Exports work fairly seamlessly so uploading time is easy.

Cons

I would like some pdf printable payroll reports. For example being to print a pdf report of an employees daily, weekly or time-period specific by job, or total hours.
Field staff are somehow able to double up 2 days time into one, resulting in for example, 16 hours in one day. Some thing to prevent this happening would be helpful, as I then have to get them to go back and fix the time. Maybe some sort of alert or special authorization.

Bruno
  • Industry: Utilities

Time cards simplified

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Pros

Rhumbix has made sending in timesheets and work performed on a daily basis a breeze. The old process was time consuming and a waste of paper. Our billing processing team can now compare the amount of hours billed on one program with the hours inputted into Rhumbix. Great job Rhumbix I hope the owner decides to keep using this service. We love it.

Cons

Set was a bit confusing but like everything else in life, once you learn it it’s easy.

Response from Rhumbix

Bruno, wow, thanks for the kind review. We sure hope you keep finding value in Rhumbix and continue to use us long term.

Joshua

• Customer Support Software

Rhumbix makes my life easier

Reviewed on 5/18/2021

Overall, Rhumbix made my day to day on the jobsite easier.

Pros

I love how easy it is to input weekly time sheets over multiple cost codes without much thinking at all. After a couple of weeks it was second nature.

Cons

The mobile app is a bit wonky sometimes, particularly being able to see a full week or month at a time. It is much easier on a desktop.

Albert

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Rhumbix is your one stop shop for organization of your time card, cost codes and daily reports. I use it on a daily basis and haven’t turn back! It has a section for feed back that I have abused in a good way! The customer support is amazing. They have taken my ideas, implemented them for use and simplified my life. A must have tool for any contractor!

Pros

- Organization
- Accurate time cards
- Daily reports
- Cost codes, reflect hours used on site.
- Great customer support

Cons

Daily report section could use a refresh to simply things.

Nick

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Pros

The ability to free the field from paper copies of timesheets. Providing immediate feedback on Productivity

Cons

There are still glitches with the software, especially when new update are released

Response from Rhumbix

Nick, we love that you now have more transparency into productivity. We are committed to releasing more error-free updates.

Terry

I like Rhumbix

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Pros

No paperwork
Can review submitted time
Quite fast with practice

Cons

Won’t allow time outside of cost codes
Would like to be able to add note directly on the time card
If wrong date used or other mistake it can’t be fixed by user once submitted can only be changed by office.

Response from Rhumbix

It's great to hear your finding value in the digitization of previously paper based processes. Thanks for the feedback on the cost codes and notes, we'll pass this along to the development team.

Jose

Rhumbix reveiw

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It’s been a very positive experience, as I said in the pro section above.

Pros

It’s easy to keep track of labor hours on different jobs and the variety of tasks within those jobs.

Cons

For what we use it for, there really hasn’t been a con.

Luis

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

I like it because i get to do my time every day. It only takes a few minutes to do my time.

Pros

Very conveniet. The time card page opens right up.

Cons

Having to go back and change workers. Not easily accessible

Dave

Job made easy

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Pros

It keeps the time to do your timesheets to a minimum and next to impossible to make a mistake

Cons

Nothing really it’s pretty good and easy to work with

Clark
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Rhumbix review

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

When the shop updates if you job into Rhumbix I have to sign out and sign back in just to get the right job loaded.

Pros

How easy it is to use. Saves all of my time weekly and I really like the ability to duplicate.

Alex
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fantastic App!

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Pros

This App has paved the way for keeping track of time and cost codes.

Cons

No issues with the app whatsoever so far.

Dee

Great!

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

Great! Rhumbix has been a great support and a great partner in getting this setup quick and was a true player in getting users trained quickly as well.

Pros

Easy to use and to train, even for the least tech savvy. Allows for timely entry remotely which has come in very handy!!

Cons

The ability of pdf reports. Majority of the issues we had, have worked out. Truly a solid solution for mobile time entry.

Diane
  • Used for 6-12 months

User Friendly

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

In the HR Department, we can now just jump in and take care of any time that our New Hires have within our department instead of writing up a time sheet and giving it to someone else to enter into another system. Everything is instant and we really like that!

Pros

We have all types of people using Rhumbix at our company and, because we are a construction company, a lot of our guys are not computer savvy. But they seem to be able to use Rhumbix without much of an issue at all.

Cons

I wish there was a training video individuals can watch that shows features and tools.

Response from Rhumbix

Thanks for the feedback, training videos is a great idea, we'll happy pass that along to our client success team.

Ray

Very Pleased

Pros

It is very easy to use from my phone. Project selection is very easy .

Cons

Not much to complain about. We have had a few access issues but were addressed by the support team.

kevin

experience so far

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Good, still learning as we go and update

Pros

No papers flying around, not a tech person easy to learn and use

Cons

Its a bit finiky when signing not sure if its Rhumbix or the I pad