TimeClock Plus

Workforce management, time tracking and scheduling software

4.4 /5 (174 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.2
Jen Z.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Time saver!

Reviewed on 2020-11-10

It’s been a great product that has saved the company time and effort!

Pros

This was a huge upgrade from using timesheets made in Excel. The reporting features are especially great.

Cons

I heard the initial set up was kind of a headache. Once it was set up though, it’s been smooth sailing ever since.

Basic way to keep detailed hours of employee timesheets

Reviewed on 2018-04-23

This integrated with our practice management software.

Pros

Easy to use, I was able to setup the basics and import new hires easily into the software. Basic demographics of new employees is put into the system and then they are given a double-digit number to clock in and out of.

Cons

If the employee has mistake when clocking in or out, we are not able to fix it right away. They need to contact our administrator and then we can make the changes. But this has caused problems because we have an employee who is worried about their hours and we are trying to serve our customers. Basically, if a problem arises when punching in/out it disrupts the current work flow.

Response from DMI

Thank you for the review! TimeClock Plus is happy to help you in troubleshooting your problems with fixing employee mistakes when clocking in. It is a simple change in the setup by giving the managers of the employee the correct access to make adjustments to the employee's hours. Please contact our support like at 1-800-223-9300 and they can assist you.

Rob T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Long time Time clock Plus user

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

Pros

From an adminstrative standpoint we find The software flexible and easy to use, reports and data export to our payroll service works great. Managers can easily correct punch issues, etc.

From a user perspective the software has been fine. Easy for our employees to clock in and out. The software and physical time clocks are straight forward.

From an I.T. perspective the software is ready to setup and admin, especially for a local install type package. Setup the server, database, shares and then install at the workstations. Easy install, reboot usually not necessary.

Cons

Our only real complaint is an I.T. issue. Backups are a very manual process. Easy to do but no automation with fail/success reporting. It is using a MS SQL express db so we were able to add that to our existing backup system with little trouble.

Monique B.
Industry: Government Relations

User Friendly TimeClock

Reviewed on 2019-12-31

My overall experience with TimeClock Plus has been awesome. My staff members can easily log their hours, request time off, and even track the type of leave they are requesting (i.e. personal, vacation, etc).

Pros

TimeClock Plus is beyond easy to use. The system automatically calculates your time, deducts lunch breaks, and even allows superiors and subordinates to communicate via time approval/denial messages.

Cons

Sometimes the time clock requests for sick, vacation, personal days, etc. are sent to the head administrator's spam folder, which can leave the employee wondering if their request was submitted correctly. Employees cannot clock in or out when off the company's network. This becomes a pain when staff members are traveling for work.

Joan H.
Industry: Medical Practice

TimeClock Plus is easy to use software, they are great to work with and it integrates with my payroll software.

Reviewed on 2018-05-07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used TimeClock Plus for years. Just recently we updated the software and they have made some great changes. It is easy to navigate through. I can call anytime with any questions and they help me. I love that it integrates with my payroll software. This was really one of the biggest requests that I had. It really streamlines the payroll process.

Pros

The system is easy to use and has some great easy ways to track employees. I can see at a glance if people are absent, late or missed a punch. It also integrates with my payroll software which really streamlines the process and removes the margin of data entry errors.

Cons

It would be great to have some other employee scheduling options rather than just by individual employee.

Kimberli D.

Great and easy way to track hours and payroll

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

The main benefit is doing away with paper timesheets. This helps greatly, especially with the poor handwriting of some people. . . not to mention the poor math skills.

Pros

The ease of use is a great pro. Managers catch on quickly. Easy to fix when people forget to clock in and out. The reports are a great asset and being able to narrow things down by job code is a great plus.

Cons

I cannot figure out how to round the time. This would help greatly. If someone worked 2 hours and 13 minutes, I need it to round, in this case to 2.25 hours. I have gone through the manual and searched through the site and cannot find this as an option. I see it mentioned but no instructions on how to do this.

Tara K.
Industry: Medical Practice

Good software

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

Our overall experience is pretty good. I like the step-by-step instructions that are available.

Pros

Home page. We like all the information/data was shown on the home page. We fill it's a great product for the cost.

Cons

It's hard to figure out the vacation time for salaried employees. It does not seem to calculate correctly for us. There is no way to alert us when an employee is approaching overtime unless we are in the system.

David W.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Complete Timekeeper

Reviewed on 2020-01-09

It has been great! Definitely do not regret making this our timeclock!!

Pros

TimeClock Plus not only tracks hours for our hourly employees, it also tracks PTO, provides complete statistics, and has become a valuable piece of our administration.

Cons

I wish there was a way for TimeClock to provide an off-line module. We do not have frequent internet outtages, but when we do TimeClock Plus is naturally inaccessible.

Easy Tool for Employees

Reviewed on 2019-01-16

My employer uses TimeClock Plus to keep track of everyone in our business. It is a simple way for us to request leave, enter time, and keep track of leave accrued. We went to TimeClock Plus from printed, handwritten spreadsheets. TCP has been a lifesaver!

Pros

TimeClock Plus makes it super simple for us to enter our time worked as well as keep track of leave earned. It is incredibly user-friendly and I love using it every day.

Cons

Working mainly from an employee standpoint (rather than a manger or an admin), I have no issues with the program.

Michelle V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best support of any vendor I work with!

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

Very positive! I don't have a negative thing to say about their product or their team.

Pros

Hands down, best support team I've ever worked with - I cannot say enough about them, how tentative they are, how professional they are and how much they'll work with a client to resolve issues.

Cons

Nothing negative! I haven't found anything I dislike...

Jeanie F.
Industry: Insurance

Easy to use and keep track of hours

Reviewed on 2018-03-16

Easy to use for all employees. I like being able to track my personal time because it makes vacation planning easier when I know how much I have available. It was easy to learn and if we have issues, the customer service is on point.

Pros

We started using Time Clock Plus last year and it has made tracking our hours and vacation time WAY easy. It's simple to use and learn and keeping track of our personal time, sick days, and vacation days. Employees can keep track of their hours and logging in and clocking out is a breeze.

Industry: Education Management

TC+ is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

We use the biometric remote data terminal that protects the honesty of all users.

Pros

TC+ is easy to use. It provides much data.

Cons

Slow to update features. Why does not the employee use of a biometric time clock result on an employee approval showing up in TC+ Manager?

Joana G.
Industry: Accounting

TimeClock Plus

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

it is exceptionally well and it works well with our other software New World System.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly and the customer service agents are always there to help.

Cons

I can't think of anything I love absolutely everything about this software!

Industry: Education Management

Good

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

Pros

It is very user friendly, easy to train new users.

Cons

When you have a large group, looking at Group Hours is very tedious. We have about 1500 users and it takes so long to load the group hours for the whole company. I have to break it down by school and do one at a time to save time. If you do bring everyone up, going from page to page is very slow.

Response from DMI

We are happy to hear you appreciate the ease of use our software provides for your employees. We've built TimeClock Plus to incorporate an intuitive user experience and hope you enjoy it. We are however sorry to hear that you've had problems with our Group Hours tool. Our tools are used by 60,000+ customers, so we're confident we can resolve your issue. Please call or email our support team for additional assistance at [email protected], or enter a ticket at https://timeclockplus.force.com/TCPSupport. They can gladly give you tips on how to improve your experience with our Group Hours tool.

Thank you for being part of our TimeClock Plus Community.

Teresa W.
Industry: Religious Institutions

New Way of Doing Things

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

I was surely hesitant to switch to a digital timecard, but it has been an easier transition than I first thought. The hard part is remembering to clock in and out in a new way!

Pros

I think it will be very easy to submit my time card. Very little work involved.

Cons

There are a few glitches to where the times are not being recorded accurately. However the company rep has been great to help us work through getting those things fixed.

Response from DMI

Hi Teresa,

We are happy to hear you appreciate the ease of use our software provides. We've built TimeClock Plus to incorporate an intuitive user experience and hope you enjoy it. We are however sorry to hear that you've had problems with the way time is displayed. Our tools are used by 60,000+ customers, so we're confident we can resolve your issue. If you need additional assistance, please call us, email us directly at [email protected], or enter a ticket at https://timeclockplus.force.com/TCPSupport.

Best of luck and thank you for being part of our TCP Community.

Eric D.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

Pros

Ease of use and excellent support. Many people like it once switched to it as the product is easy to understand.

Cons

Need to customize without paying extra for reports.

Kathy W.
Industry: Industrial Automation

InMotion

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

We have been able to get very good job cost information.

Pros

The features. The ability to download the info into QuickBooks

Cons

Not that easy to find how to use a feature.

Josh P.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Awesome for warehouse

Reviewed on 2019-03-22

It's been great overall

Pros

It works. Every day, we rarely have issues

Cons

Not quite enough customization for accounting

Caleb K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

TimeClock Review

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

Pros

Ease of Use, Easy to setup and Maintain.

Cons

Nothing. Overall the software worked well.

Industry: Libraries

Mostly reliable

Reviewed on 2019-03-16

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Ability to adjust missed clockins.

Cons

When the systems go down, the software is down, Including the phone login options. Inconvenient to not be able to log in on my own device while on the WiFi.

Michael F.

Go with something else

Reviewed on 2019-03-22

Bad.

Pros

It's cheapER than other software. But you get what you pay for. Which is low quality, barely working software.

Cons

But you pay for what you get. This last upgrade to V7 of their product was awful. The Single Sign On integration barely works. We found a blatant security hole in their software for that piece as well. A user could log in and once in, could back out and then login as ANY other user without their password. It took them almost a year to fix that issue before we could go live. Also, we had trouble getting single sign on to work in the first place. We actually had to call another one of their clients to help us as their own support staff couldn't get it to work.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Chip M.
Industry: Defense & Space

Gets the job done but not without issues

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

I am a supervisor and have employees. Some of the manual time entry requirements could be easier!!

Pros

Is cloud based so I can access it everywhere to update my time and check my employees time. I do like the automatic time card feature for Exempt employees!!

Cons

Has a few quirks as for setting it up to do what you need it to. Took much longer than expected to roll out and get working correctly.

Straightforward Browser Timeclock

Reviewed on 2019-01-02

Pros

It's easy to use, and being able to view your hours once logged in is always very useful.

Cons

Logging In/Clocking In feels like it takes about 4 or 5 clicks to confirm everything.

Prince W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

TimeClock Plus Review

Reviewed on 2019-03-15

In using TimeClock Plus we are able to clock-in/out without having to be at our computer or a handprint-based clock-in station. This relieves the stress of having to rush to one of those places just to clock-in.

Pros

I like the fact that the TimeClock Plus server is Internet-based. I can get to it from anywhere/any device.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about it at this time.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great tool for mid size Company.

Reviewed on 2018-10-09

It has served as a great payroll tool for our company.

Pros

Our company has been using this for over 2 years now and it works great. Easy to use, yet functional.

Cons

I have not run into any problems using it.