Avail

Real estate property management for landlords

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Ashanti

Easing the Process for First Time Landlords

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

Avail has been extremely easy to use and their customer service team is very helpful. I’ve had very little issues with the software and the monthly price is highly reasonable.

Pros

I love the fact that I can upload my
Own lease. While I enjoy the option to create a lease using the template provided by Avail, I love being able to truly customize my lease.

Cons

I wish the software provided a document folder for each listing. There are other documents outside of the lease that associated with a rental and it’d be useful to be able to store all of the documents in one place.

Salesforce Service Cloud and TenantCloud

Reasons for Switching to Avail

I chose Avail based on my actual needs, pricing, and ease of use. I actually tried to free trial option for each software and Avail was the easiest to use for the best price.

Response from Avail

Hi Ashanti,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. We've taken a lot of time to really think through the tools that we offer and it is awesome to hear that a valued customer like you has had a positive experience with the platform.

Having said that I definitely understand the need for the platform to have more document keeping capability (this is a request that we get quite frequently). My personal email is [email protected]; please feel free to email me with just a few additional details regarding additional feature requests and I'll be sure to get that information over to my head of product.

Judy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Awesome program

Reviewed on 2022-08-05

I am saving myself so much time and energy. So glad I ran across this program. The lady I spoke with at the company was so pleasant and helpful she sold me!

Pros

Absolutely the easiest program I have ever come across! Amazing program well done! I don't usually give reviews but was happy to write this one because I believe in it.

Cons

So far I have not found anything I don't like

Olivier
  • Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

There are scams on your website !

Reviewed on 2019-04-29

Pros

Very easy to use and looks fine for landlords, cannot say that for prospective tenants !

Cons

I was looking for a studio to rent. I filled the application as required by your website which looks very trustful. I thought you were doing some background check or at least ID check for the landlords posting offers on your website !

I was victim of a scam, a fake landlord tried to steal me 5,000$ of prepaid rent without allowing me to visit the place, even if I work 10 min away from this studio. The person was always pushing back the visit arguing that some new applicants would prefer a later date, or that they had too much work on that day and had to delay the visit of one or two days.

Then the person told me that according to your website, I had the best application and should make a deposit to make a reservation, otherwise other applicants might do so and take the lease. The information required by your website are highly sensitive, I uploaded a copy of my French Passport and my international VISA. I have now revoked the access to my application for this landlord but they might have copies of my documents now. And who knows what they plan to do with them.

You should be more professional ! It is very good to provide background check tools for landlords but you might be providing 'trusting' services and then helping swindlers to make up their scam !

I will contact your service and hope you could help me and compensate me for this unfortunate experience !

Response from Avail

Hi Oliver!

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. I want to take this time to apologize to you for the experience that you reported. Fraud is a common industry issue, and here at Avail we take extra precautions to make sure that fraudulent activity is thoroughly investigated. Scammers are always looking for new ways to trick the platform's algorithms which forces us to stay on our toes. That said, I again do sincerely apologize that a fraudulent listing made it to our website. A lot of security changes are in the works (all exciting updates that we feel confident will make it even more challenging for fraudsters trying to scam others out of their hard earned money). I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

Community Manager @ Avail

Kisha

Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022-06-25

There was an issue that a potential tenant when completing his application. He notified me and I called the support number. The person I spoke with went into the system to see what the problem may have been. He told me he would work on it and get back with me. He also said he would contact the potential tenant, which he did.

A few hours later I received an email stating they figured out the problem and spoke with the potential tenant. The support person sending the email was different from the person I spoke with. She also let me know if I needed anything else to let her know and that she would be there through the weekend. Everything was fixed. I received the application with all of the reports. That’s as far as I’ve gotten at the moment. I was just amazed at the immediate response and the communication through email throughout getting the problem handled.

Pros

I am a new landlord with 2 properties. I was looking for software that would provide the background and credit check along with an eviction report. Being able to select a lease and add in my clauses for a specific state is a plus. It is also important for my tenants to be able to pay online and through ACH. I also wanted my tenants to be able to submit maintenance requests through the software.

Cons

I just started using it. So far it was fairly easy to set everything up and get the property listed.

RentRedi, Zillow Rental Manager and TenantCloud

Reasons for Switching to Avail

I decided to go with Avail because of the price and it takes the least number of days for an ACH deposit to post to your account (1-3 days). Plus the tenant doesn’t occur a fee using ACH as a method of paying the rent.

Response from Avail

Hi Kisha, thank you so much for the review! We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are happy that Avail has been able to help with your rental screening needs. We've put a lot of time into developing a fully comprehensive application and are glad that it has helped with your 2 properties so far! Thank you so much again and please let me know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Scott

Great Starter Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2022-08-11

Avail did what it was supposed to do. It provided an online payment presence for my residence and simple online payments, accounting and tracking of leases and tenants.

Pros

Ease of use was the best part of the product. For a landlord with just a couple of properties, it's great.

Cons

It lacks some functionality of the App folios and Buildium, but it doesn't try to be that type of product.

Tim

Satisfied

Reviewed on 2022-08-03

Very good

Pros

Lease tracking and reminders.
Customer service is Excellent
Online payments

Cons

Phone app needs more flexibility. Can do all things on a computer

Thomas

• Customer Support Software

Summary of using Avail as a property manager

Reviewed on 2022-08-01

As a property manager it makes my job so much easier

Pros

the ease of using it, the detail it provides, and easy accesability

Cons

there is nothing I don't like about Avail

Mark
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Ease....

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

Pros

The responsibility for background check is upon the applicant. Only the most qualified filed an application.

Cons

It is easy for applicants to complete on line....fast follow through.

John

Great rental management software

Reviewed on 2022-07-30

Easy to use and helpful

Pros

Easy to request and track payments for a landlord with only one property or a few properties

Cons

Needs some improvements around ending a lease and starting a new lease for the same property

David

Reasons to use Avail

Reviewed on 2022-08-03

I am new yet customer service has been excellent

Pros

Finding tenants - Tenant payments - online Lease applications

Cons

I have yet to come across any negative areas

Christopher
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Great software for starting out

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

As a family investing in multi-family properties we're wanting to manage them ourselves but we're also starting from scratch. Avail is a great option for listing, leasing and rent collection, which is a HUGE help. It's not perfect but for the price I think it's the best option right now. I'd recommend for anyone with small portfolios or just starting out.

Pros

The software is great about streamlining processes. It takes something like listing the property, which could take hours to post to individual sites like Zillow, Apartments.com etc, and lets you post in a matter or minutes.

Cons

The software can sometimes feel like a hammer when you need a scalpel. When you post your listings the software will scrub out anything that looks like contact information. I assume this is because they want all the communication captive in the system. This is in theory but it forces us to use clunky lines of communication while simultaneously trying to make a first impression with prospective tenants. There are enough examples of how that manifests itself that my newest tenant just moved in and isn't exactly thrilled when I tell her we have use Avail for certain operations.

Response from Avail

Hi Christopher,

Furthermore, I did want to also sincerely apologize for any issues that you might be running into in terms of the platform not being as fluid as you'd have hoped/being clunky. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible, and it sounds like this was not the case in your instance. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve.

My email is [email protected] Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. All feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way! Thank you so much again.

Tyler

Good features so far

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

Support has been terrific. Definitely contributes to my impression that Avail is well on its way to having the “Cadillac” identity in landlord management solutions. Nice work with your payment and Leasing setup. Also nice work with much of the marketing tools. Add premium adds (pay for top of list advertising) and syndication to the rest of the online rental sites and you’ll go from a convenient but moderately effective marketing solution to a slam dunk! Or, partner With RentLinx.

Pros

Avail has thoughtfully designed. The features it has work well and they have a more solid foundation in there product than any of the other offerings I explored. Avail has a great product in what feels like a budding market.

Cons

I’m looking forward to Avail tackling some new problems (feature requests):

- user selectable widgets on the dashboard, new info options here (time sensitive actions pending in tenant on boarding, maintenance requests, financial performance KPIs, etc)
- Kanban style board of maintenance requests
- scheduling automation or better yet, partnership with other providers (ShowMojo)
- marketing: listing distribution (partnership with RentLinx.com)
- Application fees for Smart Move are prices higher than all competitors in your market.

My biggest interest is in Avail continuing what you’ve done well: implement features that eliminate or minimize the things that cost me the most time in managing my properties. My biggest suggestion is to assess whether there are niche service providers that do a better job of tenant lifecycle management than you currently do. I’d so, partner with them or match/exceed what they are doing by developing that out in your system.
- enable me to block CC payments or include language in the user agreement taking full liability for disputed payments.
- listing syndication details seem to loose a lot in translation.

Response from Avail

Hi Tyler! This is a very very thorough review and we definitely appreciate you taking the time to really break down the areas of improvement. For our team here at Avail, feedback like this is truly invaluable.

And for those areas where we could certainly improve our product/process, this is absolutely the type of feedback that will help inform our product roadmap moving forward. In terms of potential partnership opportunities, I would recommend reaching out to my colleague Dave ([email protected]). In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help out, please feel free to let me know -- my email is [email protected]

Thank you so much again for the thorough review and for being a valued Avail member. I will definitely be sure to relay this to my product team.

Sherri

Best Property Management

Reviewed on 2022-07-15

Pros

Everything I needed for a property management software to start managing tenants with applications, background checks, upload own leases, deposits, email communications for the property manager to the tenants, maintenance request portal and more, but the best service I've enjoyed has been their awesome customer service team that has been so knowledgeable, patience and very helpful with all my questions. They took so much stress and concerns I had off my mind about using this software. I would highly recommend AVAIL to any other agent or company that's looking for an effective and simple program to use within their property management division.

Cons

Nothing serious. Just a couple of times I experienced a lag in information updating on the screen, but it could have been me (user error).

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to Avail

I love how simple the platform was and I notice AVAIL has an excellent video resource library to show me how to do something or how to process my next steps in the setup of a new tenant.

Response from Avail

Hi Sherri, thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with the product, and want to be sure to take into account the areas of feedback where we can also improve. In terms of your point about the lag in screen load time, sometimes this can be a connectivity issue. That said, if there's anything I can help out with please feel free to reach out by sending an email to [email protected] and I'll do my best to relay that feedback directly to my product team. We are always evaluating the different ways we can continue to provide value to all of our users. More than happy to assist! Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Tamara

Amazing site for landlords

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

Love it.it is free and gives my listing more exposure

Pros

Free to use.auto populates 12 other sites, so get more leads as landlord. One stop shop does credit and eviction report.

Cons

Hiding the apt number, so people don't knock on an occupied property

Response from Avail

Hi Tamara, thank you so much for putting time into this honest review. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are happy that Avail has been able to help with making your rental property management process easier. We've also gotten this point of feedback before about being able to hide the apartment number, though listing syndication to partner sites makes it so that the exact address has to be provided. That said, it is a fair point to make and I will be sure to provide this point of feedback to the team to keep it in mind for future considerations. Thank you so much and please let me know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Keeps your home rentals organized

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

Pros

The following are not in any order of importance. (They are all important>)

* Lease signing (paperless)
* Can customize your lease using state specific template
* Avail reminds tenants when rent is due. My rent is paid on time by my tenants and I dont have to do anything.
* Tenants pay rent using ACH transactions
* Listing your available rentals is easy
* Prospective tenants complet rental application on line (no work for me to input data)
* Tenants pay for background / credit check (I don't have to collect money or do anything) and then Avail sends me the applications
* Avail reminds me 60 days before lease expires (I don't have to remember anything)
* Maintenance portal for tenants to place maintenance requests
* Avail provides a simple to set up marketing website for my properties

Cons

The state specific lease for my state (Florida) was pretty basic and had some typos. I have spent a lot of time improving the lease for my requirements. But it is easy to edit and make changes. Once you do your first lease, you can clone it for your other properties.

Response from Avail

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should.

Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements; my email is [email protected]; in addition to some simple lease fixes, please feel free to let me know any other constructive feedback you might have so we can make that feature stronger.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is [email protected] -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Chris

• Customer Support Software

Avail simplified my property management function

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

The greatest benefit has been collecting and depositing rent.

Pros

The software allows for many optional settings to customize how I like it.

Cons

The software does not allow for employees or multiple users with different levels of access.

Response from Avail

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio.

I've also noted the request to allow multiple employees/users to be able to have their own logins. This is something we continue to discuss on our end; I'll be sure to get your feedback over to my head of product.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Javonni

Ok, but nothing special.

Pros

Leases, online signing. Rent payments are nice

Cons

Hard to navigate, not very fluid or easy to use.

Buildium

Yardi Voyager

Not sure, regret it

Response from Avail

Hi Javonni,

Thank you so much for the honest review -- and I do sincerely apologize that your experience concluded with you feeling as though it wasn't worth it. We've tried to do our best to competitively price our features given that it is a one-stop-shop for everything and we do have different subscription tiers based on the number of units you have. Still, if there were issues with payments I definitely understand how that could lead to a not so great experience.

I've personally noted your feedback. That said, if you could email me ([email protected]) with a little bit of info, I'd love to see if there's a way we could rectify the situation. I'll also relay this feedback to my product team as well.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your feedback and I do apologize again if we've missed the mark. On behalf of my team, thank you so much for choosing Avail and I hope to hear from you soon.

Paul

• Customer Support Software

Excellent apartment management system for sole proprietors

Reviewed on 2021-11-05

Avail has an increasingly good customer service team for us as owners/managers and for tenants alike. We regularly offer suggestions to Avail for improvement and believe they take our suggestions into consideration.

Pros

The cost is affordable. We can use and adapt Avail's model lease to create excellent, personalized leases and rules and regulations. Most importantly, Avail provides lease language specific to our state. We were able to set up the structure for managing our 20 apartments in a reasonable amount of time. When we ran into a glitch, we simply called Avail and they walked us through. We use Avail for advertising apartments, leases, and for receiving and tracking security deposits and rental payments.

Cons

It would be very helpful if Avail offered an accounting process that easily integrated with QuickBooks. It isn't easy to download and provide easily understandable payment records each month. Thus we create our own spreadsheet that we provide to our accountant. We have recommended that Avail offer a limited access option for our accountant to view payments for security deposits and rent, and hope this happens soon.

Kate

• Customer Support Software

Avail makes keeping track of our tenants and rentals a piece of cake!

Reviewed on 2019-12-09

Fantastic customer service, both by phone and live chat. Fairly priced considering other options out there and gives us a great way to export financials to lenders.

Pros

We were able to create leases, send tenants the lease, have tenants enroll in auto-pay, and have tenants sign up for renters insurance all within an hour. Avail also sends you updates as a landlord if the State Laws update, which I didn't think to consider before we started using them.

Cons

Some of the rent scheduling can be glitchy if you need to edit a rent payment for a tenant. The tenant needs to edit and I think the landlord should really be the only one to edit.

Stessa

Reasons for Switching to Avail

Avail had more features and the build your own lease was a plus!

Response from Avail

Hi Yanov!

Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible. Having said that, it sounds like you may have run into some issues with the scheduling tool. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve.

• Customer Support Software

I really like Avail, and it's improving

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

I have rented property for two years, starting with one and now have four properties. Avail has worked as sort of a rental guide for me. From listing, to lease, to collecting payments, Avail has helped me run the flow of being a property owner/manager. I feel like I look more professional to tenants and it keeps me at an arms length on the day to day issues.

Pros

I like:
Support: open a support ticket and they respond within a couple of hours AND solve the problem.
The notifications it gives tenants when rent is due and when they're late.
The ACH payment system
The listing tool to list my rental on numerous sites with only entering the information once.

Cons

-The lease tool can be a little clunky.
-Lease renewals are a bit difficult to figure out.
-A tenant moving to a new unit I manage with a new lease was hard to set up or figure out.

Response from Avail

Hi!!

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review).

As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and that can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on several lease updates and other bug fixes. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you.

Elaine

All Small/Med Landlords should use Avail

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

Nearly everything to do with managing our rental properties is now electronic thanks to Avail. Saves hours and looking for things, in addition to making the rental and collections processes smooth.

Pros

The automated features are the best. Automated communication to tenants, electronic leases (with state legal updates), posting a rental and receiving applications, processing, applications, rent collection, and so much more.

Cons

The inability to have anything but the main email associated with things is difficult. Same with telephone numbers. In many cases more than 1 person manages the tenants, but everything (except add a contractor) must use the main email and phone number. Some features aren't greatly intuitive, but easy to use once you know the tricks.

Response from Avail

Hi Elaine!

Several landlords have reached out about this (the ability to have only 1 email associated with an account), and the shortest answer is for simplicity of use. Since we are built for smaller DIY landlords, we have determined that this is the best way (a lot of property management teams have requested multiple logins). While I know that multiple logins is on our roadmap, I don't have a definitive timeline. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

Cynthia

Avail Review

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

Overall I am pleased with the processes in place, they give me the ability to refer to AVAIL as my management service company when speaking to the tenants.

Pros

The ability to remove ourselves from the money collection piece of the tenancies.

Cons

The Reporting module is weak, whomever designed the options doesn't seem to know what kinds of information or trends a landlord or accountant would need, and the data they are looking for. The format they comes out in requires too much time to get to a usable spreadsheet.

Response from Avail

Hi Cynthia,

Robert here. I'm Avail's Community Manager and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account.

As you've noted, there are some added benefits of having more beefed up accounting features. We are making a lot of changes to the platform, yet we still want to keep it within the scope of our target DIY rental owner.

Nevertheless, I'd love to hear more about the accounting features you'd like to see so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

Quoc
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Simplified, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

great tech support and made being a landlord easier. Just requires some polishing. Refer to the cons area.

Pros

-listing is simplified
-personal marketing page to quick link places not on listing
-leasing is simplified
-online payments

Cons

-needs to be able to break down to individual room rentals. I rent rooms to students in my home, and it splits it up as an apartment or some weird format. When it goes to online listing, it doesn't matchup correctly and people believe its the whole house for rent.
-listing syntax needs to be worked out. seems like what we input in avail doesn't always translate correctly to zillow or zumper listings.

Response from Avail

Hi Quoc!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Avail. I can't begin to thank you enough. Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements so we can provide nothing less than a top-notch experience.

My email is [email protected]; just to clarify, our platform is designed for property owners with standard rentals rather than individual rooms for rent (many of the partner sites have restrictions on listing rooms for rent as well). Still, we want to be sure to provide a balanced experience for landlords across the spectrum and your feedback is very valuable to us.

Bobby

Avail review from Landlord

Reviewed on 2022-07-06

From the beginning, Avail has been a true partner with me.

Pros

The ability to receive rental payments and the ability to go through the process from application to finalized lease makes my job so much easier.

Cons

Some of the graphics and icons can be confusing.

Response from Avail

Hi Bobby, thank you so much for the honest review of Avail. We love to hear that you're enjoying using our payments features for your rent collection needs, as well as our lease creation tool.

I also want to be sure to acknowledge the areas where the experience could potentially be improved. We should always aim to make this a better experience from our customers. Our design and product teams have put a lot of time into creating the suite of tools we currently offer, but I want to offer my sincerest apologies for any areas where it can be confusing. We always want to be transparent in that we aim to provide the best experience possible. This just makes for a better opportunity to listen to what our customers tell us so we can continue to provide value. Please, if there's anything else that we can help out with feel free to reach out. We are more than happy to be a resource for you. Kindest regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Joshua
  • Industry: Military

• Customer Support Software

Avail Offers Great Features at an Amazingly Low Price!

Reviewed on 2020-01-13

My interaction with Avail personnel has been great. I had a phone conversation with someone prior to upgrading my account and they were very helpful, explaining all of the differences that existed.

Pros

Avail does a great job presenting you with all of the relevant information for you to make decisions as a landlord. The website is easy to use and nearly all of the features are free to use for a single rental unit, although I easily justified the Pro account due to the Credit Boost feature that it offered. Overall a great product!

Cons

There was nothing that I found that I did not like about the software.

Response from Avail

Hi Joshua,

Robert here I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review of Avail.

We definitely aim to make a great first and lasting impression, while also acknowledging areas for improvement so we can continue to make the product experience that much better. I'll definitely relay your feedback to our product team and dev team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you!