Avail

Real estate property management for landlords

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Julia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Great software for small scale landlords

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

Overall, I love Avail and don't see any reason to use another software.

Pros

I use this software to keep track of just two properties, and I like it because it's very affordable for small landlords like me and still provides all of the features I want from a professional property management software.

Cons

I wish the billing system could be more flexible. For instance, there doesn't seem to be an easy (from-the-dashboard) way to mark an invoice as paid from my end if a tenant gave me a check instead of using the system.

Response from Avail

Hi Julia!

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for leaving such a thorough review of Avail!

We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), and a review like yours really helps our team to move the product in the right direction.

I've personally made note of the invoice issue, and while you can achieve this from directly on the payments page, I still understand that it could be a little bit more straightforward. If you'd like, please feel free to send this along with any other constructive feedback over to me ([email protected]). I'll definitely get this over to my Product team!

Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! :)

Jill
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

It's always nice when you're using the internet to be able to speak to a human. The Humans at...

Reviewed on 3/20/2022

Avail is great. Working with affiliate sites -- is non productive and a waste of time. TIME IS EXPENSIVE. I don't have time to deal with sites that it is impossible to have contact the managers. IT'S very frustrating for me and the people who are trying to contact me. People keep clicking on every picture that's nice and then have no idea who I am when I respond to them. I would much rather just deal with Avail -- and not have to put up with the aggravation of dealing with the others. STRESS LIKE THIS TAKES A TOLL.

Pros

I hate this software. It's clearly not customized for Avail ... It keeps saying things like .... "what do like about this product. PRODUCT?????? Avail IS NOT A PRODUCT!! IT'S A SERVICE. They're not selling beans, people.

Cons

The connections with other rental agencies pretty much suck. I got emails from people on affiliate sites, stating that my responses to them got cut off by there software and were useless. I think "Hotpads" was the affiliate. The thing that I hate about this software is the the inflexibility of responses. I have one bedroom for rent in a fabulous four bedroom townhouse. These is no way to convey this due to inflexible auto sites' programs.

Kevin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Dishonesty Use of Personal Information

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

All it takes is one dishonest act to steer me away from a company. After reading reviews of Avail, I decided to try using it for one of my properties. I have a Google number that I use for business because I do not want business calls on my personal phone. When I placed my first ad for a property, I received the message about not being able to prove my identity with a VOIP number. I absolutely understand this. So, I went ahead and entered my personal number to prove my identity. I was given the usual “We will not share your number with…bla bla bla.” Just imagine how infuriated I was when I learned that my personal number was now part of my public ad on Zillow, Hot pads etc. This is unacceptable.

Pros

Looked very useful at first. Did not have enough time to evaluate.

Cons

Misuse of personal information. Dishonesty.

Response from Avail

Hi Kevin,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account.

As you've noted, we do require a real phone number in order to verify the user account. Still, I do sincerely apologize if it wasn't made clear that a different company contact number can be entered within your account settings; once that company number has been entered, that is the number that is syndicated to the partner listing sets.

I'd love to hear more about the issue that you ran into. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you.

Allyson

My landlord experience using Avail

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

I had a small problem when I accepted an application from a tenant. Somehow they made a duplicate application. But avail customer service jumped right in and helped the tenant and myself to resolve it quickly. I've asked for technical help a couple of times and they always get back to me shortly.

Pros

I can easily see maintenance request previous leases and a payment history then I'm able to print off for taxes. The software is just easy to navigate.

Cons

Nothing. Everything has gone well. I can't say I've had any issues that would be negative in over a year.

Response from Avail

Hi Allyson, thanks for the kind review of Avail. We love to hear that you've had a smooth experience. We've put a lot of thought and time into developing resources for landlords and renters nationwide, and are super thrilled to hear that not only have our maintenance tool and lease templates been helpful, but also that you're finding value in our payments tool and accounting features. (We really want to make things easier for when tax season comes around!) Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help out with. Always happy to be a resource for you! Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Patrick
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

New property manager

Reviewed on 6/2/2022

Very Good

Pros

So far it great... there is a learning curve like any other program

Cons

I recommend a video ICON in the sections of user's input areas providing a pop-up to video view allowing the user stay on page and ease of use. 2nd I wish I could create customize URL. 3rd Wish I code generate a HTML code allowing to put on my other websites direction to landing page for the property.

Response from Avail

Patrick, thank you so much for the kind review of Avail. We are so happy to have you as a part of our community. We love to hear you've had a great experience with the product, and even more so that our rockstar support team was able to assist when you had additional questions you had as you were getting started. I also want to offer an apology for any shortcomings of ours, or additional features we don't yet offer. While I can't promise that these additional changes will be made, I will definitely be sure to share your feedback with our product team. This kind of review definitely goes a long way in terms of building an even better experience. Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed feedback! Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with.

Kind regards,

Reggie

Stop Looking

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

Pros

The pros are it’s a one stop shop. You can do your background checks, credit checks, rent analysis, post the availability of your property, all in one place. I like the ability to look at each property independently which you can see statuses.

Cons

I haven’t come across anything I don’t like yet!

Response from Avail

Thank you so much for the kind review of Avail! We are so happy to have you as a part of our community. We love to hear you've had a great experience with the product, and even more so that everything checks out in terms of meeting your rental management needs. Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed feedback! Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with.

Kindest regards,

Charlie

Landlord and Tenant friendly software

Reviewed on 7/13/2022

essential to time management

Pros

streamlines a laborious task and simplifies the monthly task for the tenant...easy to use application process makes filing units easy

Cons

there are a few small additions that would help even more, but Avail seems interested in improving their good product for benefit of landlord and tenant

Response from Avail

Hi Charlie! Thanks so much for the kind review of Avail. We love to hear that you've had a smooth experience. We've put a lot of thought and time into developing resources for landlords and renters nationwide, and are super thrilled to hear that this has helped to streamline your rental management process. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help out with. Always happy to be a resource for you! Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Charley
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

As a novice, Avail is a lifesaver.

Reviewed on 5/31/2022

Overall excellent. And if you ever get stuck their customer service is A+++++. They literally guided me from through the entire process of finding tenants and getting lease done. I bought a house to rent and was then like, now what? Avail saved the day for me.

Pros

Advertising the property, screening tenants, lease creation, payments.

Cons

I grade the nav a "B' but I'm a digital dork so it could be a me thing.

Response from Avail

Hi Charley! Thank you so much for the kind review of Avail.

We love to hear you've had a great experience with the product, and even more so that our rockstar support team was able to assist when you had additional questions. I also want to offer an apology for any navigation difficulties you experienced as you were first getting set up. That said, keep in mind that our team is here for you 7 days a week from 9am - 5pm central time, and we offer support via email, chat and phone.

All of this said, I will definitely be sure to share your kind worths with the rest of the team. This kind of review definitely goes a long way! Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed feedback! Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with.

Kind regards,

bridgette

Easy Collection Process

Reviewed on 6/15/2022

Pros

The Avail software has a very easy sign up process. Once I signed up, and entered my property information an email was sent to my tenant. This convenience makes the rental collection process a breeze. If one qualifies for a fast pay account, rent payments are deposited the next day! I have yet to find another service that offers this great feature.

Cons

There seemed to be an issue with my tenant's payment. For some reason the payment did not process. This resulted in my landlord account being closed. An explanation of this would have been appreciated. Aside from this, I would recommend the software and try it again in the future.

Response from Avail

Hi Bridgette, thank you for the super kind and honest review of Avail. This is exactly the type of customer testimonial that we aim for - highlighting the ways it has helped with your rental, and the ease of use of the tools we offer while also keeping things honest about the payment issue your tenant ran into. Sometimes payment issues can arise but it does sound like support was able to assist with this. Again, we are so happy to have a customer like you and if there's anything else I can help out with, please let me know. More than happy to assist!

Kindest regards,

David

Avail Software Online Review

Reviewed on 5/17/2022

Avail handles a big portion of the problems in rental real estate. They allow you to not only market, screen, setup a lease, and collect rent from tenants but take the whole hassle of maintenance requests and put it into one simple area. Avail has definitely allowed me to save money from not requiring a commercial property management company to "manage" my properties.

Pros

For the small to medium sized Real Estate investor, Avail is perfect to allow you to maximize your profitability while keeping on top of the most important management decisions. It is super easy to use both from a Landlords and Tenants perspective. Believe me, one of my tenants is an elderly lady with almost no computer experience and she was easily able to setup her tenant profile and complete everything for rent payments.

Cons

I don't currently have any commercial properties but have plans to purchase some in the future. I think Avail will handle this type property but would require more research to ensure it would work.

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Keeps your home rentals organized

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

Pros

The following are not in any order of importance. (They are all important>)

* Lease signing (paperless)
* Can customize your lease using state specific template
* Avail reminds tenants when rent is due. My rent is paid on time by my tenants and I dont have to do anything.
* Tenants pay rent using ACH transactions
* Listing your available rentals is easy
* Prospective tenants complet rental application on line (no work for me to input data)
* Tenants pay for background / credit check (I don't have to collect money or do anything) and then Avail sends me the applications
* Avail reminds me 60 days before lease expires (I don't have to remember anything)
* Maintenance portal for tenants to place maintenance requests
* Avail provides a simple to set up marketing website for my properties

Cons

The state specific lease for my state (Florida) was pretty basic and had some typos. I have spent a lot of time improving the lease for my requirements. But it is easy to edit and make changes. Once you do your first lease, you can clone it for your other properties.

Response from Avail

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should.

Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements; my email is [email protected]; in addition to some simple lease fixes, please feel free to let me know any other constructive feedback you might have so we can make that feature stronger.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is [email protected] -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

• Customer Support Software

I really like Avail, and it's improving

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

I have rented property for two years, starting with one and now have four properties. Avail has worked as sort of a rental guide for me. From listing, to lease, to collecting payments, Avail has helped me run the flow of being a property owner/manager. I feel like I look more professional to tenants and it keeps me at an arms length on the day to day issues.

Pros

I like:
Support: open a support ticket and they respond within a couple of hours AND solve the problem.
The notifications it gives tenants when rent is due and when they're late.
The ACH payment system
The listing tool to list my rental on numerous sites with only entering the information once.

Cons

-The lease tool can be a little clunky.
-Lease renewals are a bit difficult to figure out.
-A tenant moving to a new unit I manage with a new lease was hard to set up or figure out.

Response from Avail

Hi!!

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review).

As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and that can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on several lease updates and other bug fixes. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

Quoc
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Simplified, easy to use

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

great tech support and made being a landlord easier. Just requires some polishing. Refer to the cons area.

Pros

-listing is simplified
-personal marketing page to quick link places not on listing
-leasing is simplified
-online payments

Cons

-needs to be able to break down to individual room rentals. I rent rooms to students in my home, and it splits it up as an apartment or some weird format. When it goes to online listing, it doesn't matchup correctly and people believe its the whole house for rent.
-listing syntax needs to be worked out. seems like what we input in avail doesn't always translate correctly to zillow or zumper listings.

Response from Avail

Hi Quoc!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Avail. I can't begin to thank you enough. Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements so we can provide nothing less than a top-notch experience.

My email is [email protected]; just to clarify, our platform is designed for property owners with standard rentals rather than individual rooms for rent (many of the partner sites have restrictions on listing rooms for rent as well). Still, we want to be sure to provide a balanced experience for landlords across the spectrum and your feedback is very valuable to us.

JEFFRY

Cedarstone Review

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

Excellent overall

Pros

The software is very easy to use once you are familiar with the program.

It does a great job of helping us keep track of all of rentals in one convenient place.

Cons

Not as much with the software but with the lack of tutorials of the software.

I think it would be beneficial to have several tutorials on how to enter units into the program.

Customer service was great at helping every time we called but would have been nice to have something else to go by.

Response from Avail

Hi Jeffry,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for the lack of tutorials.

We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take some time to update our tutorials to appropriately reflect all of those new changes (which can definitely cause some confusion and can lead to a not so great experience). Having said that I'd love to hear more about any specific features we could highlight, and most importantly, would love to know what you'd like to see changed so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others.

Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use software for new landlords

Reviewed on 7/28/2018

Easy collections management, automatic payments and lease renewals.

Pros

Although Rentalutions offers a ton of functionality, I like how easy it is to setup a payment schedule. Cash flow is important as a Landlord, and Rentalutions will send tenants reminders about payments if not made before a certain date. The landlords also get notifications when payments are made and notified regarding the date of deposit in their account.

Cons

I wish there was a way to trim down the functionality. The new UI is slick, but I really only use about 25% of this product. I find that the screens are a little crowded now.

Response from Avail

Hi! Robert here; I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come.

As for the UI feeling a bit crowded, I do sincerely apologize for that. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive.

Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is [email protected], and I'm here as a resource for you.

Robert Bates
@ avail.co

Frank
  • Industry: Legislative Office
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Enlightening Service

Reviewed on 1/15/2020

The knowledge and database of forms Avail offers is invaluable. It is generally easy to use and takes much of the " guesswork " out of selecting and using proper forms for the daily running of property management . It is a definite " Must Have " for any Property Owner or Manager.

Thank you Avail.

Pros

I truly appreciate the vast database of documents available at Avail. The standard forms are there for the user and the ability to add your own rules and clauses is incredibly helpful. There's no need to worry about standard language or which form is correct for your region. Avail takes care of that from the start. It's uniquely foolproof. Thank you Avail.

Cons

I do wish there were an easier way to finalize a document and save it to a hard drive. It seems the only way to view a " finished " document is to email it to an account you have access to. If there's something I'm missing I'd like to be made aware of a different procedure.... If not, then I do hope Avail makes a simpler process for viewing finished documents available in the future.

Response from Avail

Hi Frank,

Thank you so much for the honest feedback! A review like yours is going to help in a big way. As we work towards a stronger product offering, the best way for us to improve is to take the genuine, honest feedback that we receive into consideration.

I'll definitely be sure to get this information over to my Product team.

Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you!

Joseph
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Aail is a very useful product with just a few minor glitches

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

I am managing three rental houses with Avail. I have had only minor issues that have been resolved quickly through customer service. The system works as advertised with very few hiccups.

Pros

Tracking of received monies as well as tracking of maintenance issues

Cons

Inability to personally customize. There are a few areas that I would like to change or add options

Response from Avail

Hi Joseph!

My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)!

As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional customization features are on our product roadmap, I don't have an exact date on the release of those features as of yet.

That said I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

Monisha

Best organized landlord/tenant portal I've used

Reviewed on 6/23/2020

Fantastic! After years of having landlords require physical rent checks, this has definitely improved my life.

Pros

Really clear layout in the interface, great use of color scheme to make sections/action items seem intuitive. Very smooth "motion" operation (clicking things has a very effortless flow, vs. blocky). Visually pleasing while covering all the necessities.

Cons

Once my rent auto-payment has been "authorized" - but before it's been deposited - there is no way from the tenant side to cancel the payment (that I can tell, anyways). My living period in my unit ended a month early, so I wanted a way to cancel my auto-payment since it hadn't gone all the way through yet to withdrawal/deposit, but there doesn't appear to be a good way to do this vs. just waiting for the payment to clear and having the landlord refund. The payment had just been authorized the night before, so pretty quick turnaround.

Super minor thing though! Everything else has been perfect.

Response from Avail

Hi Monisha,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers and I wanted to follow up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review.

This feedback will help a lot of other landlords to find Avail as their preferred rental management solution. In terms of the rent auto-payment being authorized - I definitely will provide this feedback to the Product team.

If you have any additional information that you'd like to add to the valuable feedback you've already provided, please feel free to send that over to me as well (my email is [email protected]), and I'll get this over to my Product team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you!

Debbie

• Customer Support Software

Best customer service EVER!!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2022

Avail makes it very simple and easy for me to manage online rental payments. Avail was the first software I signed up for and I made the best choice. I am very happy with the software and extremely happy with the customer support they offer. I would highly recommend them to others.

Pros

Product is easy to use and easy for my tenants to use as well. I have never had a tenant struggle with understanding how to use the software.

Cons

I don't have a need to integrate with another software at the moment so have no issues at the moment.

Kris
  • Used for 1+ year

Simplifies tenant management

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

Pros

It's got the leasing, rent payment, advertising, screening, and all the key tenant management tasks covered under one web site that's easy to use and seems to work quite well.

Cons

There are certainly cheaper options available, but not ones that do as much as Avail does for you. The benefits of the system are definitely worth the modest fees.

Response from Avail

Hi Kris,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio.

In regards to pricing, this is something we've thought through time and time again and we will continue to take this type of feedback into consideration in order to remain competitive (from a cost-efficiency standpoint).

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

taghi

Avail review

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

Pros

We like the software easy to use and the limited feature help in gathering information

Cons

It very limited and can't track utilities, taxes or insurance on this platform.

Response from Avail

Taghi,

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback. A review like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements on our end; my email is [email protected]; in addition to any platform-related questions you still might have, I'd love to learn more about some of the other features you'd like to see. Please feel free to include any other constructive feedback you might have so we can continue to make Avail a platform that you and other rental owners will love for years to come.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your time, and I would love to learn more. My email is [email protected] -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Joe
  • Industry: Utilities

Great for rental properties

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Pros

I like that it is affordable and makes it easy for tenants to pay online. Most rental properties I am aware of are difficult for communication and you need to mail a check or drop it off. It's also great for creating and signing leases without having to worry about meeting or mailing paperwork back and forth.

Cons

The interface seems a little cluttered, but that could simply be because I don't use all of the functionality. I do "x" out of some recommendations and such that seem to always come back.

Response from Avail

Hi Joe!

As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on 'decluttering some of the user dashboard to make it a bit more intuitive - more on that to come). I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

mitchell

level of confidence

Reviewed on 5/15/2021

greater level of efficiency , I have put more time back in my day !!!

Pros

flexibility of features, ie toggle switches best suited for my biz. auto direct pay, reports , on line apps

mountainous portal , great response time !!!

Cons

would love to see the back end accounting integrated into the front end , this way I can only use one system as now i utilize Q books for accounting .

Rick
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Avail Assessment

Reviewed on 2/4/2021

Exceptional

Pros

The ease of use and great customer support

Cons

Recently, I have been told that, in order to publish on Zillow and others, I would have to deal with them directly whereas in the past it was all seamless and I only had to deal with Avail.

Kathleen
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy and Effective

Reviewed on 1/29/2021

I stumbled across Avail accidentally while looking up specifics for owning rental property in North Carolina. The informational articles were incredible helpful. Eventually, they led me to an invitation to trying the software. I was a bit hesitant and skeptical at first. It sounded “too good to be true”. But, here I am 2 years later and thrilled to death with Avail and all it has to offer. I highly recommend this software to anyone with rental property. The value compared to the cost is amazing. Even if you only own one piece of rental property, you NEED Avail to make your life easier.

Pros

Avail makes being a landlord easy! It’s a very intuitive and effective site for listing rental properties, finding and vetting tenants and more.

Cons

I have no problems or issues with Avail. When I do have a question / problem, Avial’s support team responds quickly and professionally.