Fulcrumapp.com Reviews

Fulcrumapp.com

Intelligent automation that maximizes field team performance

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Fulcrum: A Flexible Solution

Reviewed on 2019-03-22

Overally my experience with Fulcrum has been wonderful. It met the initial need I had when I purchased a few years ago and has helped me grow my business as well.

Pros

Flexible platform. The software fully supports customers bringing their own opinions to the table to get work done their way.

Cons

Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though).

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're so glad our app could help you grow your business!

Katrina
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy switch to paperless field surveys

Reviewed on 2020-09-01

We've saved loads of time by eliminating the need for manual data entry, scanning/saving datasheets, and filing hard copies. This sometimes takes days to do, but now all we have to do is hit 'sync', visit the website, and download the appropriate data. It's great to be able to view the map which shows where all the data points are, and to be able to sort data in whichever way you would like (including by searching for any words that may be in your datasheets), rather than sorting through hard copies or poorly scanned notes.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy, versatile, paperless upgrade for your business.

Pros

I love that everything is right at my fingertips in one place. No need to make sure I've printed off enough datasheets and safety forms, or brought enough pencils! Especially since I've been working from home and don't have easy access to a printer.

I like that you can flag your favourite/most-used apps for ease of navigation, and I really like the auto-fill feature where things like project names, numbers, survey station pre-fixes, etc. are auto-filled once you've filled out the first one and need to repeat many times throughout the day/week. We've found so many different ways to capture our data in ways that make it easier to fill out the forms, from drop-down menus, to +/- tally counters, to signature fields and data form 'sections'. I also like that you can use formulas and links to fill out other fields (e.g. We've set it up so that when we select a species name during a bird survey, it automatically links the latin name, and federal and provincial status of each species). Another handy feature is to make certain fields mandatory, so that nothing important gets missed while the survey is being conducted.

I've found it quite easy and intuitive to use for the most part. It takes a bit of practice to be able to fill out the forms quickly, but it's worth it for me. Being able to hit the sync button at the end of the field day (or during a break in between) is really satisfying, because I know that everything is safely backed up, and that I don't need to scan anything!

Cons

One thing I feel could be improved would be the format of the output data. Data can be downloaded and opened in Microsoft Excel, but depending on how many 'levels' of data you have, you'll have multiple tabs in your spreadsheet, which may be difficult to interpret at times, as they are linked by a long string of letters/numbers based on a parent-child relationship. You can get around this by including some hidden fields that link more useful information (e.g. survey station ID), but it would be nice to be able to go through a menu, similar to the initial app set-up, to determine how the data will be presented.

I found that some staff members are reluctant to switch to digital data entry, because they are used to taking field notes manually, and may not trust the safety of the data. I think this is just a personal preference though, as I personally would trust a cloud-based, digital product more than I would trust my own ability to keep track of many pieces of paper!

One challenge I've noticed is that during timed surveys (e.g. breeding bird surveys), if you have a lot of fields to fill out, and multiple levels of menus, it can be tricky to fill out each data point quickly when you have a limited time to conduct the survey. We typically do surveys in pairs, so I find it's easiest to have one person conducting the actual survey, and one person filling out the form, so that I can spend more time looking through my binoculars than at the tablet.

Lindsay
  • Used for 2+ years

Project Manger / building inspector

Reviewed on 2021-05-10

Pros

Addable for general use ...........................................

Cons

Not been able to set up short cut menus to repopulate areas that are consistently being used

e.g clean patch paint all previously painted area when doing a condition assessment of room with a building

Leland

Fulcrum Mobile Data Collection

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

Fulcrum is a viable alternative to the cost of using other "shop"-based software that require subscription to standard engineering tools. Fulcrum is useful for people in professions other than engineering and large-scale design work. At the end of a project, I can have a thorough data set for a project that can be shared (either through the software or through data exports) with others for a variety of purposes.

Pros

In combination with a GPS receiver, the Fulcrum software allows me to capture data in the field using unique data point identifiers, including latitude and longitude. I have thirty or so separate apps within the software that I use for collecting natural history data at client and county levels. The available data fields allow me tremendous flexibility in choosing the types of categories (single-choice, multiple-choice), organization into sections, creation and import of choice lists (in some cases, of several thousand plant species or several hundred county street names), and data export into multiple GIS-friendly database files. I am impressed with it. There are some functions I have not used, such as multiple-member apps and sharing levels.

Cons

Unlike competitor software, it does not allow use of paths or polygons. Usually, I use discrete data points or paths; for the latter, it is necessary to have direction-of-travel and side-of-road fields that require extra time in the field. In the fields that use choice lists, I often use an "Other" field that allows input that does not exist in the list, but modification of the data field - especially unchecking another list element - results in loss of any entry in the Other field. There should be a means for retaining this information despite other changes in the field, and "Other" should open for additional information without deleting existing contents.

Gilles

• Customer Support Software

Great app and services, very good assistance.

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

So much!! :) We build the first complete experience in Belgium for managing Urban Trees.
Multi-level...

Multi-level of users and companies (from worker to experts and manager), multi purposes (from managing orders, studies, observations, planning, working processes). With the aim of perpetuating respectful management of the exceptional heritage trees of Brussels, so complex in a city undergoing change with so many stakeholders and dangerous developments for our trees.

Pros

There are so much possibilities to develop yourself a high quality product, for you or for your customers! Intuitive but complete, that's what I was looking for to keep leading my project.

Cons

-poor on cartographic capacities (no lines, and polygons), no label
-not builded as dynamic relationnal database (so it means that you have to build complexe solutions or pay additionnal services to automate updating processes from table(app) to others.

QGIS and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Fulcrumapp.com

Copy paste already filled records.
Lindsay

• Customer Support Software

One product solves multiple problems.

Reviewed on 2020-11-23

Excellent support. Instant response via chat for all the minutia I encounter. Quick and flexible support has made the app we developed further customized for our exact application.

Pros

- Collates record contents into one PDF (including image) for archiving.
- Can import and export to a variety of useful formats, which serve my various needs. Ex. PDF of records for dissemination of results, CSV of app record contents for easy backup.
- Output as KML for others in org who may want to see progress, but need not have a license.
- Works out of cell range
- Version management issue no longer exists.
- Allows geographically dispersed staff to work together without need for increased direct communication (emails/calls).

Cons

User management. For our purposes, we need to add users and remove users on a regular basis as the instruments the project tracks migrates around our country. Not a massive issue, but for our application, it would be simpler for us to have space for 10 users at a time, regardless of who they are.

Broderick
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Field Review of the Fulcrum System

Reviewed on 2019-04-02

Using Fulcrum, mainly the mobile application, has been a god sent. I do not like keeping up with paper reports and then transferring them to digital content and having to attach media to the now digital report. Having this platform and being able to attach my media (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) to my report all from one device and not having to transfer files back and forth from phone to computer any more if GREAT. In one action, I can complete multiple tasks at once.

Pros

What I like the most about Fulcrum is the ease of use while navigating around the app on mobile devices, no matter the OS of the device (i.e. iOS or Android) the Fulcrum application works great. I love having the ability to only have to use my tablet or my phone while completing field work and filling out field reports and then uploading them to the cloud. It's much better than having to keep track of everything with pen and paper.

Cons

I do not like Fulcrum when it comes to uploading media (i.e. Photos, etc.) to reports. Only limiting the user to select and upload one (1) photo at a time to the reports is beyond mildly frustrating. If I could select multiple photos at once from my mobile device's photo gallery and upload them all at the same time in one swoop, that would be FANTASTIC. But until that happens, I'm just going to have to get over it and deal with my frustrations. Otherwise, great experience using the mobile version of Fulcrum.

RAGHU

Fulcrum is excellent tool for Field Users

Reviewed on 2019-11-07

Solved issues related to Field Operations.

Solved issues related to Field Operations.

Pros

Offline capabilities, Easy to design forms

Cons

Reporting platform is not mature yet. Need Analytics

Quickbase

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrumapp.com

Offline capability

Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Fulcrumapp.com

Easy to use and forms design is simple

• Customer Support Software

Good system, up and running in no time

Reviewed on 2019-03-23

Pros

Up and running in no time. Good bouquet of features

Cons

Cannot add custom features easilty and white labeling not offered

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're enjoying several of the features Fulcrum has to offer, and that you've found it easy to get up and running!

We would love to hear more about what custom features you are looking for.

We working on some changes within our app at the moment that, while these changes are not directly being done to support white labeling, it does address some of the technical needs white labeling requires.

RJ
RJ

• Customer Support Software

Easy and fast data collection anywhere

Reviewed on 2017-05-03

Saved a lot of time in the field, and saved a lot of manpower and money not having to deal with paperwork or revisiting old sites because I couldnt read what I wrote

Pros

Fulcrum is easy to use, has several useful ways to integrate, and contains a powerful API for connecting to other back-end systems

Cons

(currently, use it on Android and on a windows desktop), and hopefully, they'll release a windows phone version.

Manjunath
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Fulcrum A Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

Great!! hardly any bug for a complex app like this...

Great!! hardly any bug for a complex app like this...

Pros

Ease of building Apps, Lot of FAQs and answers, Quick response on issues but would like more!!, Very effieicent data collector, API keys are of great help, Can be integrated with other tools.

Cons

I dont see any to be frank. But to fill the words , would like to see the google maps connection to be there on I phone as well and now I see that only on android phones, it shd be easier to upload pictures as it takes more time to synch pictures now, may be a technology to down size and resize the pictures during upload and download time. There has to be option to upload our own road networks as well. There has to be a go to option (without google maps ) to help us route to the pre designated GPS point......

Robert

• Customer Support Software

Fulcrum is the perfect companion for field-based data collection

Reviewed on 2019-07-11

Our field staff love collecting data on this platform when compared to the "old" methods (paper and pencil, hard copy forms, Excel forms, etc.). Fulcrum is miles ahead of the competition.

Pros

Fulcrum is the perfect platform for our field data collection needs. The ability to prepare logic-based forms that direct users into collecting just the right information (not too little and not too much) is critical for our needs. The tool is extremely flexible and the development team is constantly improving features/functions. The API capabilities are game changers for us and how we interact with our data. Can't say enough good things about this platform!

Cons

I would like to see a reporting tool that allows users to build custom reports straight from their data without engaging additional professional services support offered by Fulcrum.

Manish
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Best Mobile data collection platform

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

It’s The Best

It’s The Best

Pros

It’s the most user friendly and easy to customise platform for mobile data collection

Cons

Nothing to dislike. It’s the best platform

GoCanvas

GoCanvas
Chris
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Great data collection form building software

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

The software is well thought-out and easy to operate. This allows quick and efficient tree surveys and assessments.

Pros

I value the flexibility to collect the data needed for each project, which varies greatly. I can easily and quickly build just what I need and eliminate what I do not. This saves time, streamlines my workflow, and allows me to focus on creating value for clients.

Cons

Forms cannot be created, edited, or modified in the field. This requires me to ensure I have each app exactly as needed before leaving the office.

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for the excellent review, Chris! We're glad you are taking advantage of the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer, and it can support your needs as they change from project to project. Streamlining workflows is what we do best, so you can spend your time servicing your clients!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on creating/editing/modifying an app in the field. The level of usability would have to be reduced from the robust nature of our web application if we were to offer that functionality on the mobile app. If you are in a connected environment, the web app can be logged into from a laptop and used from there. With that said, we will be sure to pass this feedback along to the product team as a feature request for you.

Patrick

Shortcut to Efficiency & Organization

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

The fact that the software provides you the ability to collect data for a variety of needs and store/access all of that data in one place has brought a wealth of efficiency to our organization as well as those we support.

Pros

What I liked most about Fulcrum was that is has an easy to use configuration process for setting up apps and the Fulcrum Team is always working on ways to improve these processes and implement new ones. I specifically enjoy their latest update to the User Management page, it makes setting up and editing users very easy.
Also, the Learning Portal and Support Team make your program learning experience a fulfilling experience.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Jomo

Excellent Functionality

Reviewed on 2020-05-20

Used this application for years over several large projects and day to day data capture requirements. I'm very pleased with the software from both the mobile and web interface.

Pros

The ability to create forms that meet almost all data capture requirements and combined with Geo-tagging. Additionally the offline mode that captures the information without mobile data where it can later sync to the server has placed this solution above all others.

Cons

Work could be done on the export functionality to exclude certain columns. The data can often be overwhelming for standard users.

Asghar
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Flexible Soloution for surveys.

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

Only fulcrum fill our all requirements. Fast and reliable, can control from anywhere.
Good customer...

Good customer support.

Pros

Great product from beginner till now i am expert. A good API & data events make this product very effective , this product is a complete package. This products is also interesting for developers . In Short this is a complete soloution for any kind of business.

Cons

If there are any option for using fulcrum database locally without syncing, then this product will hit edges. Fulcrum must start professional certification programs for individuals like other products.
Making API query writable also is a plus point.
Custom pdf design must be client base or atleast make API for custom PDF.

david

• Customer Support Software

very user friendly and intuitie

Reviewed on 2021-05-10

very happy to use this product

very happy to use this product

Pros

I like that in the computer version I can easily download data that I can not do in ESRI Collectorxplored to create reports and track progress in my other trackers I use.

Cons

Work locations for us are points and not polygons. we have to switch from collector to Fulcrum and back to see the work represented as a polygon

Gary

Good tech support

Reviewed on 2019-08-22

As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasn’t much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Pros

The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language.

Cons

I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

Lewis

Fulcrum NPGCD

Reviewed on 2020-11-24

It has been pretty good. Like I stated it had been a big time saver for us and makes us more efficient in our services.

Pros

It is easy to use and saves time in getting our inspection done, especially when we are spread out over the Texas Panhandle.

Cons

The system sometimes crashes when syncing it from an inspection and we tend to lose time and the data. I would like to have the 911 rural roads show up in application when viewing the map view, and I think the well number and section or GPU numbers could be larger so they can be read without reading glasses.

Jorge

end user friendly

Reviewed on 2021-07-27

Easy to program forms, flawless communication between office staff and field crews, great to document field procedures/tasks, easy to generate reports by exporting data to Excel, end user friendly, for sure there is room for improvement but good investment.

Pros

We were able to get our field crews to use iPads for the first time in many cases, and now they love it

Cons

There are limitations, it not an asset management software package

Mitch
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent Tool - Highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 2019-06-27

Far too much to go into any detail - we have deployed approximately 12 different tools for a variety of our field personnel to identify and track plant damage, outage incident reporting, quality assurance, new construction deployments (project management) etc.

Pros

Scalability and ease in customizing based on need

Cons

Unable to incorporate PDF uploads

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're enjoying Fulcrum, Mitch! Thank you letting others know.

Brian

Why Fulcrum

Reviewed on 2020-06-04

Why Fulcrum? Why not. A platform should work for you, not against. Everything is so easy to use. It has changed documentation aspect from a labor intensive chore to a breeze. Less time with paperwork and more time working

Pros

The ease of use switching from various other pages. Quick learning and how it can be customized to fit the needs of the company. Seamless transfer from the tablet to the laptop.

Cons

On remote camera options where pictures are sent from tablet to laptop. You have to bring them over one at a time. It would be nice to pull them over at once

Dave
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Fulcrum and telecom field maintenance

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

My old way was if a located a trouble with the pole line I would take notes on a hard copy and drive ahead or back to find nearest civic number. Then enter this on a spread sheet at the office using a map or as built drawings then scanning and sending to our repair group. Fulcrum app has saved a wealth of time for me.

Pros

The fact that the instance I locate a deficiency on our aerial network I can enter it into Fulcrum, with pictures, and civic address and everyone with this app in our company has the info at that moment. Especially our aerial line repair trucks. Very easy to use.

Cons

The only problem that comes to mind is sometimes I don't require a picture, but not able to close app for that location until I take one.

Tim
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Saves us time and reduces errors

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

We build fiber to rural communities, so there is plenty of pole data to acquire. Using Fulcrum allows us to get all the data and take notes and pictures that are helpful in estimating pole make ready costs.

Pros

We have used other products in the past that were limited in their customization and required conversion prior to being useful in any standard GIS-based product. Fulcrum allows us to export quickly and visualize the data we want to export easily.

Cons

It used to be linked to our fiber design program, Vetro, but that is no longer available. It was a nice feature to have available for our folks.