FullStory

Everything you need to know about your digital experience.

4.1/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Prakhar G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Mind blowing product, but a little expensive

Reviewed on 2021-09-29

I use the free tier and sample data myself to work around the pricing. Would have loved if they gave an option to decide whether to keep a recording or not, so that i can cut down on my number of recordings and still use them.

Pros

As a fast growing startup, we make a lot of decisions in an adhoc manner and go live. A lot of times this means no time for setting up analytics, and thus having no insights on google analytics etc. Fullstory acts as a catch-all analytics tool for me, where in I can restropectively go and see what impact my changes made. 0 effort needs to be spent on analytics since it is automatically collecting all data required to make a heatmap, session and what-not.

Cons

It is very expensive for a bootstrapped startup

Hotjar

Reasons for Switching to FullStory

Fullstory had many more features.
Monish K.

• Customer Support Software

Track the User session and watch them use your product to identify there pain points

Reviewed on 2020-04-27

FullStory has been a really useful tool for analysing the user experience on the Website

Pros

FullStory records the live session of the user who uses the fullstory integrated web application,

It records lots of other useful metrics which can be used for analysis these metrics can be customised,

The integration of fullStory to the product is simple and easy due to the good documentation an good customer support,

The FullStory provides some inbuilt analysis trends which is pretty useful,

FullStory provides API's for data extraction,

Cons

I wold like to move the metric data collected to a analytic platform like tableau, which is not achievable right now,

i recommend fullStory to provide a inbuilt environment such as tableau for further analysis on the data collected,

The metrics stored dose not last for a longer than 90 to 100 days, so we had to write java code to move data from fullStory to databases, fullStory has provided api's to support this data movement

Kristen C.

• Customer Support Software

FullStory is a must have if you have a website. It’s the best for web behavior monitoring!

Reviewed on 2021-07-11

Everything has been top quality and fun for me to use! A great overall experience!

Pros

I really love that they offer a free plan! The free plan give me all the functionality that I need! And as our company grows we can upgrade to get even more features! The website recordings are my very favorite feature and I’m always checking and watching to see what can be improved. It’s a really great app and it doesn’t slow my site down. That’s a huge plus! It’s a really great website tool!

Cons

I love everything! It’s one of my favorite apps and I think I might be addicted to the insights and recordings it give me.

• Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Fullstory- a complete story of what your customers are doing onsite

Reviewed on 2019-09-15

Help a lot in determining the specific market segmentation behavior, which helped us decide what our market was missing. Good tool to learn about users behavior and how to adapt to their needs and make their experience much better.

Pros

Like the overall product where you could see what the users where doing onsite where it be rage clicks, missed content, and where the user came from. You can also customize metrics to your preference, thus upon logging in you can head direct to that group of chosen metrics to see the overall performance or status each day. Lots of metrics and variable to choose and monitor, which helps in making decisions. Software has a summary section also which is great, analytics and trends are very useful and you can also integrate into jira for reports and decision making.

Cons

It was pretty complete, not much to dislike. Although having slow internet would make viewing the video replays a bit slow to upload and watch one by one.

• Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

FullStory allows me a window into the unknown. A must have for research!

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

I would recommend FullStory to anyone who is looking to understand their users and their issues and take them seriously. It offers a window of insight few applications give.

Pros

Where to start! FullStory allows me to be able to look into a place and the mind of a user. It allows me to really dig deep without having to ask too many initial probing questions for customer support.

Seriously, being able to look at what someone is doing and how they may be misusing or simply misunderstanding something is a godsend. I am able to understand and help a user that much quicker by getting in their mindset!

Cons

The interface leaves a little bit to be desired and does have some quirks but overall this is a minor issue as the software really outshines this small issue.

Nikola S.

Great for understanding user behavior

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

FullStory is helping us immensely with UX/UI research and how to improve our app. It also helps us with customer support because we can easily identify what a user did and where he ran into trouble. I recommend it for any SaaS company looking to better understand the behavior of their users.

Pros

It lets you view what your customers are doing on your website and how they interact with your product. It's great for learning which features and functions of a website make sense and which ones are poorly designed and confusing users. Really invaluable tool for UX/UI Research, but also for Customer Support, because you can easily see what problems a user had when using your tool, for example if you are a SaaS, and then quickly identify their problem.

Cons

Sometimes the software loads slowly, especially if you have a few other apps open at once. It probably takes up a lot of memory from the computer. Also, at times when watching a user's session, it will randomly pause at a point, we then have to refresh the page and start over. Probably related to the app loading slowly and taking up a lot of memory.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Live Replay of User Sessions - Great for CRO

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

We use fullstory to troubleshoot user experience issues with our site. It also guides us into making decisions on the design of the site, its great to have the video replays of multiple sessions that help to prove or disprove our hypothesis.

Pros

The ability to play back video sessions of your users using the site. The filters allow you to select users who rage clicked. It is a very powerful tool when making decisions for CRO and UX.

Cons

The paid plan comes with a premium price tag, however the free plan still gives a good level of functionality, especially for smaller sites.

One of a Kind

Reviewed on 2019-04-12

Pros

It provides insight into traffic and user behavior unlike any product I've seen before. My favorite feature is being able to search and segment sessions based on clicks and sequences of events.

Cons

The limited window of time that sessions are available for review, and it is quite expensive.

Natasha A.

Best software ever!

Reviewed on 2019-07-25

Amazing! I recommend it to all my colleagues, it can help improve our user experience by reviewing their activity, not just to help investigate issues

Pros

Allows me to investigate bugs and user error super quickly within a fun to use interface

Cons

sometimes I cannot find old footage, i do not know if the footage is saved forever?

Yocheved S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Great customer insight and support

Reviewed on 2018-11-28

FullStory has transformed the way our dev team handles website issues. We've used it to analyze conversion rate issues and it has provided invaluable insight. The FullStory support team is a dream to work with - they are responsive and go above and beyond to help out.

Pros

You can view almost anything about your site visitors using this tool. It allows you to view their sessions, view heatmaps and clickmaps, and analyze funnels. It's particularly helpful when a customer calls in with an issue and we can look up their session and see them experiencing the issue instead of trying to recreate it.

Cons

I wish there was a way to see what actions most people took after viewing a specific page via their funnel tool. For example, instead of having to input each page in the funnel you are looking at, it would be nice to put a page in and then see which pages most people tend to visit after that initial page.

Mike H.

• Customer Support Software

It's like spying... but friendlier

Reviewed on 2019-08-10

It's one of those apps that you don't know how you lived without. As a company, we use it daily to understand our customers in ways they often can't explain to us.

Pros

To put it simply, you get to see the full story. Like any software company we sometimes get confused or frustrated customers. With Fullstory we can actually see what get's them frustrated and why, which allows us to create better UI.

Cons

Some features are not intuitive at first especially within the settings/configuration pages, but once you get going it makes sense.

The Fullstory - Super indepth view of customer data and actions

Reviewed on 2018-12-30

Pros

The ability to find customer actions by searching with various filters and specific parameters. As a support agent, I'm constantly figuring out how my customers encountered problems and bugs, fullstory helps bring that to life by showcasing those actions through their tremendous search.

Cons

Getting help to use the product better is hard. There is a lot you can do and it's not necessarily aimed for support agents like me. More simple guides and maybe tutorials would really go a long way.

Yaniv V.

Amazing tool for debugging customers' sessions and understanding user-behavior

Reviewed on 2021-10-02

It lets us help our users in the highest level of investigation and debugging capabilities in case of problems

Pros

The tool records everything the user does, allowing us (R&D & Support teams) to investigate the users' sessions in case of reported problems, including "playing the session" while seeing the browser's dev-tools data changes during the session.

Cons

Not really a disadvantage, but the tool is so rich of capabilities, that it takes a bit of time to learn how to utilize all of them to the best

Uroš Z.

Great for qualitative behavior analysis, not so much for quantitative

Reviewed on 2019-07-31

Pros

It is pretty powerful to have such a deep insight into what exactly your users are doing while using your product. You can actually see the user frustration in action at some painful parts of your user flow.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a lot of step-by-step work to extract the insights from FullStory, because you mostly have to go through all the recordings by hand. It really craves more powerful quantitative reporting. If it had that, it would be a perfect tool.

Invaluable tool

Reviewed on 2019-08-09

This product is fantastic for breaking down how your user interface is faring among your users. It shows some statistics that other analytics do not. I've used it on my last several projects and it has been phenomenal.

Pros

I love that fullstory shows interesting stats like rage clicks, showing in an easy to view list what kind of device each user is loading the page on, and what site they were referred here by.

Cons

I honestly have yet to find anything to dislike about this product.

Yoav A.

Really really great product, but overpriced.

Reviewed on 2020-05-17

Really helpful for finding bugs / improving your product UX, the pricing is way too high for the value.

Pros

Search is amazing, also the video quality is great.

Cons

It takes a few seconds to load the video, so I miss the action I was trying to look at.

Event tracking tool with effective user management

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

Pros

Great way to see how users are interacting with different page aspects and learn to understand user focus/behaviors in a systematic way.

Cons

Can be hard to initially implement or help people understand the justification for tool implementation.

Samuel L.

New Users To Full Story But See The Immediate Benefit

Reviewed on 2017-11-16

We have the ability to successfully track website visitors and watch videos on their journey across our site.

Pros

We are fairly new to Full Story but have seen an immediate benefit being able to watch videos on how our users interact with our website. The platform also is easy to navigate and makes it easy to build reports and segment specific data as needed.

Cons

Full Story offers a lot of benefit to our business, but could be even more effective with an additional function that would allow us to monitor who these visitors are and provide contact information associated with them.

James B.

• Customer Support Software

Session recording and UX analytics for everyone!

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

FullStory has helped us understand how customers have interacted with the site, and certain features of the site, but also helped raise attention to bugs and elements that need fixing that might have otherwise been left a lot longer. There's a whole heap of value in FullStory, and with a free option there's no excuse to not give it a try.

Pros

- Generous free package
- Brilliant segmentation for session recordings
- Useful, actionable data such as error reports, rage clicks, slowest pages

Cons

Can't fault the platform or any of the features when so much is provided for free.

• Customer Support Software

FullStory is the leader in session replay on the web

Reviewed on 2021-07-07

FullStory is a central part of the analytics story. Sessions generally "just work" and provide a ton of data outside the box. If you can't answer questions using the default data, custom events and attributes let you quickly dig into more complex questions and tag the sessions with the important information required to get your dashboard assembled. Setup is easy, though the first sessions may take some time to come in.

Pros

The session replay is the most visible and most polished part of the product, but the real power is in the real-time analytics. Data is available for search within a few minutes of a visit, often sooner.

Cons

The initial setup may sometimes take a bit of time to get going. You need to be patient for the first couple of minutes while your first sessions appear, but after that the product is very smooth.

Chen S.

• Customer Support Software

If you’re a startup - this one’s for you!

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

Pros

Fullstory makes it easy to watch sessions recording over your website or product. We tried the other most recommended softwares that do just that, but Fullstory is much more user friendly, smart, easy to use and capable. We use it on a daily basis and it helped us improve so much in our product, I can’t stress it enough. Highly recommended!

Cons

I wish there was a more friendly mobile experience.. an app or a responsive mobile website. That said, if I must watch something on the mobile web browser it will get the job done, but can get a bit better.

Manas M.

• Customer Support Software

Tracking the user session of your web product, to further analyse on the data collected

Reviewed on 2020-12-19

FullStory has been a great tool that helps in collecting the user session data on our web product, it has been a great experience with the tool

Pros

Fullstory tracks the user sessions and useful datas such as time duration place of use and many useful infos, these data that it collects can be customised , they have a clear documentations which helps in setting up and integration, fullstory has server that holds these datas and offers some analysis on them , and they also have some use-full api's from integration , such as data extraction and data retrieval

Cons

it could have offered more analytical front and custom analyses scope like tableau, and the data storage is for a short period i think 12 months, if you have to retain the data then you have to extract it and store it in some place else

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Can't Imagine Not Having It

Reviewed on 2020-09-25

One major benefit is debugging. It makes the process way faster because we don't always have to re-create the scenario to see what happened. Another major benefit is that it helps us understand the psychology of our customers. What makes sense to them, what doesn't, what frustrates them, etc. FullStory has a neat "RageClick" tracking feature. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

Once my company got FullStory, I couldn't imagine a world without it. How can you *really* tell what your customers are doing? Reviewing at a list of events is just not adequate, and FullStory solves this problem. It's extremely intuitive and flexible. You can change the speed, skip inactivity, leave comments inside the videos, and much more. Plus, they have integration with a variety of analytical platforms, like Heap.

Cons

Occasionally, the reconstructed videos of user behavior are misleading. One serious issue is the inability to see iframes, but there's probably nothing anyone can do about that. I've also noticed that dropdowns don't always appear as they should. This makes it difficult to determine which options the user is actually seeing. The way they portray the user zooming-in is also a little disorienting.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Better User Insight Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-02-05

This is a great tool that I recommend for every website large or small. It can help you better understand users and identify frictions points that lead to more conversions.

Pros

FullStory makes it extremely easy to find specific sessions from Google Analytics, or other analytics platforms.

You can dig through page flows in Google Analytics or you can just watch the users actual interactions to better understand how and why they converted (or didn't)

Cons

For whatever reason, the email lookup can spotty. Sometimes I can find someone's email in the search function easily other times, not so much.

Phil L.

DON'T BE A FOOL; get the full story

Reviewed on 2018-10-17

When a Customer sends a feedback to us about problems during their visit, such as not being able to find where a feature should have been out is ordinarily easily located, I can see exactly what happened to him or her when it should have worked

Pros

I can not only see everything a customer did, I can track past visits off their IP, Cookie, etc and keep a trail

Cons

I personally find it a little clunky. But that's just me