Track-POD

Vehicle route planning solution and online delivery tracking

4.5 /5 (40 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.2
4.1
4.3
3.9
Grega Š.

Great upgrade for service

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

plain great. it helped us grow with ease. so much less hassle about routing, tracking, tracing, ....
if your company does any deliveries you need their app.

Pros

ease of use. you bring delivery service online into e commerce and all inserts are traceble.

Cons

some specific funcionalities were missing. but track-pod is listening and upgrading is coming with great speed.

Response from Track-POD

We appreciate your review and will keep doing our best to meet your needs.

Ryan G.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Oneextraguy- Review

Reviewed on 1/23/2020

Track pod has taken us from using google calendar to send work to my drivers and has instead provided a functional app along with desktop software that has made my company more efficient from routes to billing and seeing at a glance EVERY job that needs to be billed by the day.

Pros

I like most that it optimizes the route for the day. Making us more efficient and saving us money on wasted fuel and time.

Cons

The preview option (optimizing yourself) works great. When the software optimized for you it doesn’t allow you to correct the route without complications. (The numbering remains not allowing me to change the routing)

Response from Track-POD

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your review. We value your business and wanted to notify you that the feedback functionality about your delivery service soon will be available on your mobile devices. So, you will be able to monitor your feedback about provided service in the web-dashboard analytics page.

Jake W.
Industry: Retail

Close but no cigar

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

A good effort, but coming up far short in many areas and we are exploring other solutions that cost more but are more useable long term.

Pros

The price is good, it’s a fraction of the competitors offering for a small company.
The overall design of the product is about right.

Cons

The support is AWFUL. Rude, argumentative and unhelpful. Rather than admit to failings in their product and take suggestions on board, the support team deliberately confuse and delay conversations.
There are many features that are essential that just aren’t implemented. For example, being able to see an updated ETA for a delivery in the admin UI. The app has the info, so why not show it?
They have a good API, but make certain data hidden for no good reason. A complete lack of webhooks is also completely unexplained.

The driver mobile app itself will randomly crash and require deleting and reinstalling. The whole ‘flow’ of the mobile app is confusing.

Editing orders and routes after starting them is convoluted and unnecessarily difficult.

If the drivers miss a step in the app, the admin user cannot fix it (such as closing a completed route).

Response from Track-POD

Hi Jake,

thanks for your review. We are very sorry that our application does not support some of custom functions for your business needs and we do not provide the web-hooks at the moment, instead that we offer our powerful and comprehensive API. We try do the best efforts according our practice in logistics. On the other hand, most of the features are available - you can close a route, you can delete an order. We recommend you to visit out help center.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Usman M.
Industry: Building Materials

Best option to begin with

Reviewed on 5/18/2020

Set up with our order management system took a bit of time using Zapier, but the track pod customer services where very helpful. We use this software daily for 3-4 vans constantly on the road around the country. A few minor teething problems, but we receive a reply within 24 hours and have experienced that they actually listen and implement our ideas.

Pros

We are able to drag and drop routes and quickly optimise where our vans are going

Cons

For retailers like ourselves, it would really help if we had a tracking number that works on a website like “aftership”. This way the customer service emails would reduce as customers tend to patiently wait as long as they can see a tracking showing in transit.

Liz W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Automated Excellence

Reviewed on 11/25/2019

Pros

Even the lowest subscription with Track-Pod allows me to manage my courier with ease. The process of uploading routes, and adding new routes is extremely intuitive and streamlined.

Cons

For the future, I would like to be able to use Track-Pod on a mobile site. Currently even with another phone app that allows me to view desktop versions of websites, I'm unable to add more routes on the fly if I'm not at a desktop computer.

Response from Track-POD

Thanks a lot for your generous review, we really appreciate it. The Mobile Dispatcher app is on our to-do list. We will be glad to make your daily operations even easier.

Robert C.

Managing and Planning Logistics Team

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Overall we'd be lost without it.

Pros

TYrack-POD is our main tool for planning and managing our cargo-bike logistics team. It's ability to create routes and manage orders for deliveries and collections, shipping client and end customers is easy to use and straightforward for most day to day operations.

Importing xls or csv file is extremely useful if a little quirky and simple integration with Woocommerce is exceptionally useful

Cons

There are a number of improvements I'd make, and I have sent these to the support team for inclusion to their development plan. Multi modal planning, cargo bike and electric vans for example, shipper notifications as well as a few minor improvements.

Response from Track-POD

Hi Robert,

We appreciate your review and will do the best for new functionality of routing including the bike and electric vans/trucks to be optimized at the same time.

Ahmed A.

Great product. Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Negative. I truly think you need to listen to your customers more and not just focus on the money.

Pros

Ease of use. Tons of features. Integrated with Shopify easily and allows orders to be fulfilled. Driver is tracked via gps and notifications are automated. But of a learning curve but good features overall

Cons

The software isn’t the issue. My problem was with the customer service. I had purchased an annual membership right away, without even taking advantage of the trial because the trial version doesn’t give you the full features. After that. I added a second driver thinking it was monthly subscription (which made sense as it was an option when you signed up the first user). Only to find out I got charged the full 560 Canadian right away for the second user. When I tried to cancel this (my company is still new and we do not need two delivery drivers at this time). I got so much push back from the rep or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or who ever it was basically telling me not to bug them again and it’s too bad. They ignored my emails pleading them to do the right thing. It was clear. And as a business owner I would have done the right thing. It’s too bad as this is a good app. I wil absolutely not continue once my subscription is through and would not recommend this.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lee B.

Great Front end, poor reporting/support

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Great functionality but terrible and very limited reporting reporting

Pros

The front end app for the drivers is simple to use and the drivers have only the functionality they need. Plus the ability to quickly create and optimise routes is great

Cons

The back end reporting is terrible. To get a run sheet which i use daily I have to manually type all the notes that are on the route sheet onto the loading list which is where our warehouse crew pack from. And drivers have as a backup when the app goes down. The lack of responsive support is also a huge issue. I am looking at moving because the reporting costs me an hour of my time each day. I only have 3/4 runs a day. I could not scale my business with this software as it stands

Response from Track-POD

Hi Lee,

Thanks so much for your review. Your feedback is really useful. We have a road map to improve our reporting. We will appreciate if you provide more details upon '..the app goes down'. Our team strives to respond to our customers during 24 hours. Please note that our support days are Monday - Friday.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian Z.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

efficient

Reviewed on 11/20/2019

Overall, track-=pod is a great software to help make your business run better

Pros

Track-Pod makes deliveries easy. Since using track-pod our deliveries have gone up and our time spent on them has dropped.

Cons

Not much to say about what I like least but maybe a better API

Response from Track-POD

Thank you for being a loyal customer of our delivery app. We are glad to know that our delivery software helps businesses grow.

Tamati I.
Industry: Telecommunications

Track-POD is a Great App for our business

Reviewed on 11/15/2019

Track-POD solved our manual processing and paper printing also saving on toner costs. Previously we had a dedicated staff to sorting orders on a spreadsheet, printing orders lists then distributing the orders list; Track-POD cut down staff hours to do this job overall savings on staff costs. Great app for us.

Pros

Digital transformation for our company, before we had this app we were printing orders and was time consuming looking for old orders that were signed off to provide customers with proof of delivery. Works great on android so was easier to source equipment to get the POD.

Cons

The app is perfect, we trialed it for a month and the team manager could not find flaws in the app, in fact Track-POD had more to offer like the KPI & reports and also being able to print a POD for customers.

Response from Track-POD

Hello Tamati,

Thanks, doe much for your review and warm words.

Aaron B.

Excellent POD software

Reviewed on 10/6/2018

All in all Track-Pod is an excellent tool to improve efficiency. In the past we have experienced situations before where customers have claimed their deliveries never happened and opened claims with their credit card companies saying they never received product and the Geo stamp provided while capturing customer signatures has eliminated all situations where dishonest customers claim a delivery never happened. Very happy with Track-Pod and the excellent features provided to logistic businesses!

Pros

Track-POD is an excellent software program to improve delivery efficiency and maximize profits. In the furniture delivery and logistics business, the optimization feature allows for proper route planning without spending large amounts of time and company resources. In addition, the POD captures Geo stamps of the location where the signatures and pictures were taken to avoid discrepancies between company drivers and customers. We are extremely happy with the service and attention to detail provided by the entire Track-Pod team! The program has allowed us to increase revenues and efficiency without breaking the bank. The value you receive for the money you spend is worth every penny!

Cons

The only negative side we have experienced with the software is the inability to remove a delivery stop on a route once the driver has started their route. In the logistics industry, and our business model specifically, we allow for cancellations and rescheduled deliveries even after the product is in transit and the route is started. We also have instances where a delivery will need to be switched from one driver /route to another and the software doesn't allow for a delivery to be removed and reassigned once a route has been started. If a situation like this happens, and happens frequently, we currently have the driver mark it not delivered and reenter the delivery to be assigned to another driver. This isn't ideal but not a major problem in perspective with all the other great features Track-Pod offers.

Response from Track-POD

Thanks so much for your review! Soon we will add the possibility to transfer a job to another driver when a route is started.

Industry: Chemicals

Good but not Perfect

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Pretty handy app. POD functions are excellent. Web app is a little clunky to use. Also we still had to buy a seperate app for route tracking.

Pros

Auto routing. Customisable POD. Drag and drop.

Cons

advanced version not worth extra money. Will drop back to the basic license next year. Would be very helpful as Manager to have a app to see where the trucks are up to - location and status (ie supervisor version). Can’t edit job in route (is need to remove first). Auto generate new delivery job (ie for next day) for failed deliveries

Have to add a fake job to start and finish to close the route loop and estimate return time.

Response from Track-POD

Thanks for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our route planning tool to provide an easy-to-use solution with excellent user experience interfaces. The updates will be coming soon.

6 August 2019 - We are glad to inform that you can edit a job in a route (no need to remove from list), move the order directly in the route to another route using drag-and-drop.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

MVGL feedback

Reviewed on 7/9/2019

We have centralized routing function in our organization and we have faster routes planning process

Pros

Automatic secondary routes creation, POD functionality

Cons

Primary routes creation functionality, involving other shipments from different locations despite formed secondary routes

Response from Track-POD

Thanks for your feedback. This is very important for us. We are constantly working to improve our route planning tool to provide the best routing solution with great algorithms. Please follow our software updates.

Elsa C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great tool to smooth operations

Reviewed on 9/28/2018

Easy to set up; quick onboarding; very friendly team; great support; even got the app translated in 2 days.

Pros

Easy to set up
Easy to customized
Structure back-office
Smooth api integration

Cons

No free Access to real-time information via the API; would I like to use driver tracking info

Response from Track-POD

Elsa, Thank you! We recommend that you try the updated Live Tracking module to track drivers. More here - https://track-pod.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005943754-How-to-set-up-Live-Tracking-for-your-Customers- or https://track-pod.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000639994-Delivery-Tracking-Vehicle-Tracking

Joaquin C.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

This is the best POD/Driver tracking software, gets the job done

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

We're a small team of 4 drivers that serve multiple customers every business day. We transport over 4,000 boxes a month, around 1,000 orders a month. We wanted to move away from pen and paper and on to a digitalized program where our customers could find out real-time if their order had been delivered and to whom. Our customers are much happier now than before we started using TrackPOD.

I had tried other similar software but many of them were both expensive and limited. TrackPOD has definitely helped us increase our value to our customers.

Pros

User friendly driver apps (took me about an hour to teach my drivers how to use it properly)
Great visibility
Easy route planning - the software finds the addresses pretty well even for a country that is way behind on GPS technology.
A lot of fields for data

Cons

I wish I could white-label it for less money.
Other than that, it's solid.

Response from Track-POD

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our route planning tool featured POD app for delivery drivers.

Gianluca B.
Industry: Retail

The best of the kind and Amazing customer support

Reviewed on 10/22/2018

This is exactly what we were looking for. The workflow is just like the way we used to do this job manually, but much more streamlined and with the linnworks integration this saves plenty of time.
The best is the fast and professional technical support, both with assistance and with adjusting the software to our needs.
In general as our volumes are growing it became necessary to provide real proof of delivery and a tracking number to our customers. Track-Pod does that and additionally facilitate our work of routing and keeping track of deliveries, shortages and damages.

Pros

The Dashboard design is straightforward to use and extremely functional. Creating routes is a breeze with Track-POD.
Also love the linnworks integration which the technical support were happy to tweak to accommodate our requirements.

Cons

The mobile apps could be polished a little, but they are functional and user friendly enough.

Response from Track-POD

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks so much for your review. We will add Polish support ASAP.

Kailaash B.

FoodLyft review

Reviewed on 7/15/2019

With out Track-Pod we would have a logistic problem because we deliver food and our drivers pick up multiple order in one route.

Pros

The overal handeling op the application and the back-end in good. We don't have difficulties to train our employees with the software.
The use of colour, for example with the buttons.

Cons

The application for android and ios is different, the ios version does not include some of the android version such as an overview of order in a map, possibility to call the customer and the ios does not have a bike route.
Also the many steps to complete an order in the app is inefficient. Such as arrived, delivered, proof of delivery and departed. For us would it be more convenient to have 2 steps/ buttons; delivered and departed.

Response from Track-POD

Thanks so much for your feedback. We work hard on improvements of IOS version. The update coming soon and will be added new features on IOS driver app too.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mark S.

Track POD Review

Reviewed on 11/15/2019

Pros

Very fast to set up and implement, and easy to use on a daily basis... very little technical training of drivers, logistics team and internal customer support team needed. Once set up a robust order import routine from our stock management software, TrackPOD has fitted in seamlessly and is a massive improvement over the paper-reliant system we were using before.

Cons

Custom fields can't be used in POD's or on emails. Would like a facility to have an on-premise backup/storage of the POD's. Distinction between consignment volume/package count/pallet qty is a little confusing.

Response from Track-POD

Hello Mark,

thanks for your Feedback. Your review is very important to us.
We recently updated our software. Now you can use custom fields in both POD and emails.
Plus we are working hard to improve our platform month to month.

Great transport optimization tool

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

We solved our ineffective transport problem. Routes are planned optional now.
POD - proof of delivery helps us to have delivery proofs in the database instead of lots of paper works.

Pros

- Interface - web based, easy to use, fast learning.
- Functionality - lots of settings, customization possibilities etc.
- Mobile app - very intuitive for the unskillful driver.

Cons

- Finding address sometimes inaccurate, especially in rural areas.

Response from Track-POD

Thanks for the feedback.

Ian N.
Industry: Building Materials
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

gap ltd

Reviewed on 11/22/2019

Pros

Versatility, ease of use for new staff. adaptable to our system

Cons

not capturing all addresses, could be our integration though

Response from Track-POD

Thank you for the feedback which is very important for us.

Mohammed F.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy, Simple and helpful

Reviewed on 5/19/2020

Pros

software is very easy, we didn't require special training (only videos on youtube and articles in help center.

Cons

integration with ERP system wasn't smooth (we have oracle fusion)

Michal K.
Industry: Construction

Amazing!

Great. Optimalization.

Pros

Well i am not doing this often, but now i have to. Track-pod is awesome. Really. It helped us to set up our own logistic. Really friendly to use. I like how often you adding new features.

Cons

Well i would like to add our language (czech), as drivers are not that experienced at english. Also route sheet would include call number and total price.

Response from Track-POD

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate it. Please take you attention that Android app for drivers supports Czech, soon it will be available on iPhones too. We provide a paperless and contactless solutions to save our environment - your driver can see the call number and total price on the mobile app easily.

Andrew M.

We automated our business

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

Excellent product that has streamlined our business and allowed office staff to work from home. Drivers love the hands-off approach and the fact that contact with the office and managers has reduced due to the automated system. All round employees and customers love it.

Automated our processes
Reduced man hours planning
Optimized routes
Live tracking
POD showing cash collected and all item photos

Cons

We cannot send out automatic delivery windows

Response from Track-POD

Thanks for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve the Track-POD delivery software platform. An update will be released soon, and new features will be added, such as advance notification with many possible tags (ETA, Date, Time windows, etc.)

Lee M.
Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Track Pod Review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/26/2020

It was good for POD and saved on Paper printouts.
emailing POD to us was great for us to complete our order fulfilment process and close jobs down

Pros

We used trackpod for just 2 vehicles, both our office staff and our customers found Trackpod a good system as all sides we informed of delivery that would be taking place.
Easy to use from both drivers and office perspective
Route optimisation

Cons

Battery drain on the phones was the biggest concern, but ok if plugged and charging in the vehicle

Response from Track-POD

Hi Lee,
Thanks for your feedback . Yes, the Battery drain on the phones is the concern any phone, as the app uses GPS and 3G/4G constantly that offers you the real-time updates.

Megan R.

Track Pod Review

Reviewed on 5/19/2020

Benefits are being able to assist customers looking for deliveries, being able to check deliveries being dropped off and that they can sign and take an image if the customer is not home

Pros

So easy to use and for our team to use and to be able to manage and track our in house delivery team.

Cons

A bit old school, could use with a refresher on style etc

Response from Track-POD

Hi Megan,

thank you for letting us to know your feedback. We are improving our web app step-by-step offering flexible and powerful options which are not available in the newest styles/trends at the moment (filters, conditions, searching forms, drag-and-drop, grouping and etc_)