Samsara

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

3.9/5
4.0/5
4.1/5
Customer Support Software
4.0/5

Heather

Great program for Businesses with Fleet Vehicles

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Easy to use, friendly, and a game-changer for any business that has fleet vehicles.

Pros

The software is easy to use and in real-time. It has the ability to pull videos of accidents and gives up to date driving alerts to keep employee's driving safely and prevent distractive driving.

Cons

Change is always difficult but this program was easy to transition to and make rolling out to the dispatch department a piece of cake.

Nicholas

Samsara Review

Reviewed on 9/22/2020

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

Fees for equipment AND installation. Installs needed the trucks blocked for days costing $. Software was nothing special and customer service was a nightmare.

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Reasons for Switching to Samsara

Combination of Corporate options/pricing and ease of use
Vincent

Stay Away Horrible Unethical Company that Just wants your Money

Reviewed on 12/27/2021

HORRIBLE, we left our previous ELD company due to awful service and unethical treatment as a customer. Samsara promised to be a good business partner and has done nothing but fall short. Do your self a favor look else where for companies that Value your business and WANT to work with you. Keep in mind this company like many others will lock you into an additional contract period (3 more years) at the end of your first one if you do not provide notice.

Pros

The Product is somewhat simple and not to hard to use however the app will put drivers on duty when they take them off duty. Making edits in the driver reports is annoying and more time consuming than necessary due to needing to leave a remark for every edit.

Cons

The most disgusting part about this software is the team behind it. DO NOT purchase this software. This is a money grabbing company that will use contracts and unethical tactics to take your money. This company will NOT work with you or be a good business partner. I have a Fleet that I currently am building up. Initially we signed a contract for the starting 8 devices we needed. I purchased another truck recently. I contacted Samsara for another device. In response to this they sent me a contract for an additional device. Which would have been fine however this contract had different timeline terms. Meaning at the end of my contract period we would still be liable for that other device for an additional however many months. I called my account manager to explain that I am building my fleet and planning on almost doubling my trucks. I explained I wont be purchasing these trucks at the same time, I would gradually be acquiring them and would not like to have individual contracts on every truck at different periods throughout the year. Signing the contract would have been fine if the trucks I purchased fell into the same specifications as the original contract. There was no budging or help on their end. This means I would have 6 to 8 additional trucks all with different contractual obligations. [Sensitive Content ] is who I was talking to. There was no help no budging just no. A company like this should be your business partners but Samsara just wants to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.

Loren

Two years of Use

Reviewed on 10/27/2022

Helping to establish better driving accountability.Better maintenance of the fleet.Keep accurate track of mileage travelled on a daily basis for cost tracking.

Pros

Real Time Tracking is helpful in our business to have our vehicles location for giving delivery times to customers that aren't present when the deliveries are made, giving the time/date and a picture of our vehicle at their facility helps with proof of delivery.Maintenance tracking is helpful for keeping vehicles service intervals to be done on time with the alerts to show up before mileage has been reach.

Cons

Following distance notifications can be annoying when driving in heavy traffic because the settings are fairly sensitive.Downloading footage from cameras can very slow at times, not sure if that has to do with the cellar service or if there could be an update to improve that retrieval.

Erika

Easy ELD program

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Omnitracs, Motive and Fleet Mobility

Omnitracs, Motive and Fleet Mobility

Reasons for Switching to Samsara

Samsara seemed to be the most cost effective and user friendly product overall. We like that it also includes temp probes for our reefer trailers and we were able to purchase tablet interfaces instead of needing a specific device. The drivers can have the app backed up on their phone in case of incident and the tablet can double for them to watch training videos, access emails and messages and more.
Andres

Next level tech.

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros

*Easy to use
*Can be used on different platforms
*Looks very high tech

Cons

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Andrew J.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

• Customer Support Software

Great product but could be better!

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

We own a medical transportation company with 30+ cars and with this product we can ensure our values; safe, reliable and friendly.

Pros

I love that it has two cameras, front and interior facing, that it connects to the control module of the car, that it alerts us when the driver is distracted or unsafe and that it records audio.

Cons

I think the sound quality is uneven and can be improved. The video retrieval process is very helpful but clumsy and needs to be improved.

Dale

Outstanding GPS system!

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Outstanding all the way around. We've been able to keep better track of our vehicle maintenance and driver behavior.

Pros

The customer service is top notch along with the different features. It gives all the information we need on our drivers and vehicles at the touch of our finger tips.

Cons

Would like for a customer representative to contact us after a year to review how we are using it and to see if we could use to system more to our advantage.

Scott

McMillan Transport

Reviewed on 7/30/2018

Samsara is a good company to work with and I like their product a lot. The fact that my tablets connect via Wifi is good.

Pros

The ease of use of your product, such as the map and alerts

Cons

That you still cannot figure out how to get your software to read my two newest trucks odometers - this has been a real problem. I've also had performance issues as a result of them using AT&T as their coverage is not as good as Verizon in the areas my trucks travel.

JUAN
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Unhappy customer

Reviewed on 1/26/2021

the customer service is bad, they charge you even if they send you the incorrect equipment then refused to credit you account. do not recommend.

Pros

the app is ok, same as all other companies out there.

Cons

you have to pay before you even start getting service.

Response from Samsara

Thank you for the note Juan, I understand you have been working with members of our team to resolve the issue. Should you require any further assistance, please reach out to us at kb.samsara.com.

Elmo

Samsara vs Teletrac

Reviewed on 9/13/2019

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Anthony

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Pros

I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Cons

Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

Response from Samsara

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

David

Samsara Gateway and camera

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

Pros

Easy to use. Team driver logs accessible from same page. Reliable

Cons

I haven't have any problems using the Samsara dashboard software.

Kim

great products

Reviewed on 9/22/2020

Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use. Support is great. Up to date information.

Cons

Any con that comes up tech support takes care of it right away

William
  • Industry: Warehousing

Smarter choices

Reviewed on 9/24/2021

It is a choice which we will be regretting until the contract expires
Keep Truckin' and Verizon would have been far smarter choices.

Pros

Having less than one year, I assure all, there are none.

Cons

This company seems to be the perfect example of a company including too much, most of which is quite unnecessary .
Most of it constantly fails.

Motive

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

Advice of insurance company. Horrible advice from insurance company. Our Verizon system is still active. With the constant failures of Samsara, and basically useless customer service we are still relying on Verizon.

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Switching to Samsara

Advice of insurance company. Hopefully not a mistake we will repeat. Keep Trucking would have been a superior choice.5
Brandon

Has Potential

Reviewed on 10/26/2020

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Response from Samsara

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

Caira

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Verizon Connect

Easier to use

FleetFACTZ

Ashley

Love it!

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Pros

I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Cons

The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

James
  • Industry: Utilities

A great system

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity.
It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well.
A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Pros

The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Cons

Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Renee

• Customer Support Software

Worst Customer Service ever. You can never get anyone to call you back.

Reviewed on 7/20/2021

The cameras and program themselves are pretty good, but I will not stay with Samsara due to terrible customer service and way to many billing / accounting errors that they want to says is the customers fault when it is defiantly theirs.

Pros

It does a decent job of tracking vehicles, the video cuts out sometimes and the real time pictures are only while the vehicle is moving. It takes a little bit for pictures to start when truck first starts moving

Cons

The customer service is terrible they will never call you back they only want to e-mail you. Accounting constantly screws up the billing when you call they cannot give you reasons why, I was told by one of the accounting reps they are very small and only have 3 people working. I was told they are trying to create a customer service department but they are to small at this time. If you have a large fleet look elsewhere this is not a great option especially if you are looking for good customer service or product help.

Response from Samsara

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Renee, we'll be sure to investigate and aim to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Review on Samsara Camera System

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

The overall experience has been very positive. A lot of bad habits and behaviors has been cut down tremendously. Having this technology in the truck helps ease the minds of the driver when other vehicles are not driving in a safe manner. We had a situation on our trial timeline with a tractor trailer backed up into the front of the vehicle. The driver jumped out and automatically started hollering that "we rear ended him". The driver smiled but still was making sure the driver was ok and said "that's not what my camera says". The other driver changed his story right on the spot and apologized. The Samsara representative and our staff was very impressed on the legal aspects that this system.

Pros

- Artificial Intelligence is great
- Easy to use platform
- Installation was easy
- Gives great overall driver information

Cons

-Waiting to see how the backup feature for the trucks work

Anthony

Samsara for Fleets Review

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

So far so good. I like it

Pros

Easy to use and live reporting is really good

Cons

That it does​ not show zip code and full address

Linxup

Reasons for Choosing Samsara

Did not have​ a dash camera and wifi

Wifi connection and also
Shannon

• Customer Support Software

Sounds silly, but it is a game changer.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

The system is a problem solver. Whether it is complaints about a buses timing, a missed stop, a "where is our bus", or a call about a speeding bus, we have immediate access to the information we need.
I recently had a driver lost...I was able to walk him through turn by turn how to get to his destination over our 2 way radio. It was amazing.

Pros

I think the ease of use is the best part of it all and then the real time access to all of our vehicles is fantastic. No more, "Our bus never came." I can easily look and see - yes it was a this time, the same as every other day. It also helps work with drivers who may be struggling that we did not realize were struggling.

Cons

I can honestly say nothing at this point. We under utilize the system now, but after an in person training, we are ready to get going (for real) - maybe I'll have a "least favorite", but not at this point in time.

LILIANA

Software constantly has issues

Reviewed on 10/29/2020

The software constantly has glitches. Some glitches were not so important to me but, others made Samsara more of liability. Also, it was always a challenge to get help when system had issues. The response I received 95% of the time was... Our engineers are working to get this resolved and months would go by before the problem was solved. Not to mention I was locked into a contract for 3 yrs.

Pros

It is cloud based, has real time location of truck with map and has a driver app.

Cons

Software is faulty. Most recent issue gateway is supposed to automatically record driving time but, it's recording driving AFTER driver is going off duty and truck is parked.. causing HOS violations on log.. tried editing but, because the edit is from DRIVING (incorrectly recorded) to OFF DUTY it indicates there is still an ELD violation. Reached out to Samsara they said it will be about 2 months before this can be fixed. I've decided not to renew my contract.

Response from Samsara

Hi Liliana,
We're really sorry to hear this has been your experience and apologize for the frustration this may have caused you. We'd like to work together to make sure we resolve all of the issues you've been experiencing - please reach back out to our Support team at 415-329-6900 and we'll get this sorted ASAP.

David

Great product!

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Easily able to keep track of drivers, check in on live transports in progress as well as view past trips.

Pros

Ease of use online and on the vehicle app.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind...................