Monitask

Employee Monitoring and Productivity for Remote Teams

4.9 /5 (57 reviews) Write a Review!
4.9
4.6
Essence H.

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 2020-10-21

I used to use a time tracking software but it didn't take screenshots and remind me of idle time. I like both of the features because it gives some accountability.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the design of the platform is clean and easy to understand.

Cons

I liked other software to download an app,I don't believe this app has that option.

Joy H.
Industry: E-Learning

Life Changing Self Management

Reviewed on 2019-05-28

As an entrepreneur, I often feel guilt that I'm not spending "enough" time working on various projects. Once I started using Monitask, everything became objective and my time has started to become more valuable.

Things that get measured get improved. This objective feedback on how I'm spending my time has given me so much encouragement and motivation. I can see progress happen, and I'm able to feel better about the work I do.

Pros

Weekly reports by project that give you a visual overview of how you spent your time

Cons

I would like a colorful chart or graph that gives a visual breakdown of how I spent my workweek (time spent by project). At least they provide a numerical total hours logged by project, and by week.

Saurabh S.

Missing features

Reviewed on 2019-12-19

Overall I liked this system but without few features mentioned above, it will be difficult to use it for long term.

Pros

User friendly interface, Required reporting features.

Main thing I liked about this is ability to select currency for each individual separately.

Cons

It do not have some of the features like

1) We can not provide access to client for reviewing project and where time is consumed

2) It do not have a way to put non billable hours. For example, if I have worked 5 hours on a project and want to bill my client only 2 hours. I can not do that. I have to delete 3 hours in order to do it but I need those 3 hours information for future reference.

3) It do not Integrate with task management software like Office 365, Jira

4) Good to have video recording feature apart from screenshot

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jay O.
Industry: Accounting

A great way to track how efficient you are!

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

It's been great! Time saver and lets me see what tasks are taking much of my time!

Pros

This takes screenshot, automatically groups my time depending on the task I am focusing on, and so easy to use! UI looks good too!

Cons

For now - at least I don't like that I need to manually click Sync to server to get updated of things, I like that to be automatic

Shailendra B.

simple and affordable

Reviewed on 2020-01-07

Well it solves the purpose of monitoring your remote employee and helps in getting the productivity from them. The reports are very well detailed and provides good insight though more improvements can be done.

Pros

Ease of use.
Clean UI.
Amazing support.
Mobile friendly Dashboard.
Affordable and provides features which are mostly in other softwares for $10+ .

Cons

No Android App or IOS app for monitoring.
Some more advanced features in Projects can be included.

Dubravka V.

The Best Time Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2019-09-03

I tried a couple of different time tracking softwares and they all missed some of the features that I liked, Monitask has them all. I really like all the different personalizations you can do, it's cool that you can have different settings for different team members. I also like the ability to have different projects.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's accurate. What I really like is that it can work in background and you can turn off screenshot notifications so it doesn't hinder your work.

Cons

Adding manual time cannot be disabled and I don't get notified when one of the employees adds manual time.

Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Intersting tool for time management

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

Pros

- simplicity
- good visual
- all primary needed reports

Cons

It would be great to have task with subtask support, some additional reports for this.

Ramona L.
Industry: Consumer Services

HAppy with the product

Reviewed on 2020-11-10

happy with it so far; been using it for the best part of two years and it is a daily necessity as I work remotely. Is great that you can use it for free on the basic options and I wouldn't change it unless I have to. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward, little errors over time.

Cons

Has some unexplained glitches over time and in the last few updates I can't have it in the pinned taskbar icon when running, it opens in a different icon - so I end up with two icons on my taskbar.

Jisselle B.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Love using this!

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

It's been great in helping me streamline the management of my assistant's tasks.

Pros

I use it to track and manage my assistant's projects. I love the time tracker for each project, it helps with accountability.

Cons

Nothing! I was using Hubstaff, but this is cheaper and has even more features.

Kyle D.

Simple to Setup & Use

Reviewed on 2020-09-01

Pros

Super easy setup. The monitoring interface is top rate and very quick. Does exactly what it is designed to do and has helped us manage a vendor very successfully.

Cons

Not a lot of negatives. This software is designed to do a specific job and it does it very well from a user standpoint.

Simon B.
Industry: Insurance

Simple to use with one drawback

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

good experience. site has been up 100% of the time. Quick and intuitive

Pros

the software has a very easy interface to use. i use it on desktop and have never opened in mobile so i cant indicate how that is. its features follow most software formats which have all of the user capabilities on the right hand side. Visually the interface is appealing and easy to read. It provides all of the useful features needed in a timetracting software

Cons

I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user. i contacted the company about this and they said they hope to deal with that in the future but i haven't been informed as such.

Response from Monitask

Hi Simon, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoy using Monitask.

I would also like to inform you that now we do have a feature of setting Admins to be free on paid plans. I've just enabled this for your account. New invoices will subtract one user, since you are not using the app to track time!

Orlando nandito N.
Industry: Computer Games

A powerfull Software to manage team, good job Monitask Team!

Reviewed on 2019-04-22

Pros

this software is really helpfull for me to manage my small team. its really make a remote work is really possible to do. before i know Monitask, i just thing that working remote is really difficult to trust really my team. but because Monitask, i can really more trust with my team, and i can be more productive and effective to know what is important in development so i can see all my team works on their screen. good job Monitask Team!

Cons

sometimes monitask is buggy, where sometimes the screenshot is not loaded or sometimes at my team screen it already recorded, but in dashoard its not. so i hope this software can be better in the future. but overall i realy love the team how they treat me as a user.. where every report i bring to developer, they really heard about that and fix it as soon as a possible.

Len M.
Industry: Telecommunications

good value- full feature set & supports multiple monitors

Reviewed on 2020-08-08

our full team, everyone including management and owners, uses this tool. We found it very helpful to keep us on task.

Pros

Full feature set, ability to screen capture more than one monitor, and ability to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up. Pricing is fair.

Cons

minor...no direct way to go from the tool to the www dashboard. Need to click 'enter manual time' then go from there.

Linda devina W.
Industry: Computer Software

Nice but need some revision

Reviewed on 2019-07-24

I feel a good experience

Pros

Efficiency of time when we used it to see the progress of staff's task

Cons

Sometimes it needs a time to syncronize the data, sometimes it off automatically

Md nur A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best time tracker software I have ever used.

Reviewed on 2020-07-18

Pros

I most like this software dashboard. It's wasy to get work report.

Cons

I like screenshoot and billings. Mostly like work analytics.

Zico M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best time tracker software i have ever used

Reviewed on 2020-07-25

Pros

I like their dashbord. It's very easy to use.

Cons

I think reports need to be more customizable.

Mohamed E.
Industry: Computer Software

Perfect solution

Reviewed on 2020-06-16

Monitask solved the problem, we were unable to monitor our employees performance while working from home due to COVID19 current crises.

Lightweight
Inexpensive
Fast replies from customer support

Cons

Reports need to be more customizable
User roles assignment needs upgrade

Jeffrey S.
Industry: Financial Services

Monitask experience

Reviewed on 2020-10-20

Seems like a good solution. I called in to have help with changing some of the features and they had great customer service.

Pros

It is easy to use and view. Easy to add teams to the platform and track.

Cons

The screen share feature does not always capture the amount of screen shots per hour that you select. It changes it back even after adjusting the frequency.

Daniel C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Super easy to use and br

Reviewed on 2020-07-23

Pros

I could quickly implement it and it made it viable for my company to fully stabilish with home-office work.

Cons

Lacks a few settings options. The default options are ok, but for some cases, some flexibility would be nice.

Lady R.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Ease On Time Monitoring

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

Pros

As a Sales and Marketing Manager on FBA Prep 4U. I am using Monitask 5 days a week because I need not to extend 40 hours of my weekly working hour. Monitask made it easy for me to monitor time and show my productivity thru their screen shot features. It helps me to gain the trust from my boss who is also checking my timeline.

I would highly recommend this software to my colleagues who is looking for a reliable employee time sheet monitoring.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad about this software, aside from the time difference of Pacific and Eastern Time haha!! Because, I always need to adjust calculations of my working time based on Eastern Time.

Christopher R.
Industry: Online Media

Works as promised

Reviewed on 2019-09-21

Pros

Its Affordable
The UI is simple to use and understand
It captures screenshots of my team while the work

Cons

Needed a few more options.
Maybe a branded interface

Serhii S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Using Monitask

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Pros

Very helpful, easy to use and good value for many software.

Cons

Possibility to choose reports and export information for example to .xls format.

Edward G.
Industry: Financial Services

Initial Thoughts

Reviewed on 2020-08-01

I needed a quick easy way track time on a new project - this fit the bill

Pros

Very easy to set up and get started. I needed something quick to start on a project to be able to document my time for a client.

Cons

I haven't found a way to manually add or delete time (if I forgot to start/stop timer) - Granted, I was busy actually using the software and didn't need this particular function yet, so didn't look very hard at all for it - but it wasn't immediately obvious.

V s R.
Industry: E-Learning

Best Time Tracking tool for Organizations Encouraging Remote Work

Reviewed on 2019-08-12

It is must have tool for companies allowing remote work. 80% of our employees work from remote locations, and tracking their work efficiency was a big challenge for us. we had at a point also decided to create a tool for time tracking, however once we heard about monitask and used it for 10 days with the free trail. it was an instant GO for us ad we have been using the same from then.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, the setup process from administrator side and also from employee side is easy as it can get.
The data the software tracks is just unbelievable for the price paid.

Cons

i think it has all the feature for the cost it asks the company to pay.

Eva C.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Awesome printable reports

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-04-04

This is my go-to time tracker software. I've been recommending this to my friends who are new to freelancing industry, and glad they like it too.

Pros

It's been a year since I started this time tracker software. It's so convenient to use, user-friendly, and has awesome printable report for time entry details. I can also create specific tasks for each project and notes for each tasks.

Cons

None so far. I had no trouble using this software ever since.