Landlord Studio

4.8/5

Ryan

Excellent Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2/27/2019

My overall experience with the software and the customer support/development team has been amazing. This software has truly changed how I manage my real estate rental property business and streamlined how I manage and maintain the data in real time. As a result, my tax preparation work and time put in to prepare my taxes has decreased dramatically!

Pros

The software is simple to use, easy to access on multiple platforms, and provides real time data entry and review of property status that can take place from anywhere. This software allows me to track all of my properties in one place with a simple visual interface that allows me to see tenant/lease status and information, property details and notes, and income/expense data right at my fingertips. Lastly, the reporting functions are a huge feature as it makes tax time much faster and seamless as I fill out Schedule E's for each property accordingly. I can now literally push a button and generate the report!

Cons

There is really not much that I don't like about this software, but if I had to pick my least favorite it would probably be a limitation on the number of reminders that can be set and/or a few extra fields that would be nice to have on some data entry screens. That said, I've notified the developers of these items and they are working on adding all of these additions and features. Their response time and integration of requested features has been second to none. They are great to work with!

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Ryan for all your support over the years!

Curt

It has been a lifesaver

Reviewed on 1/26/2022

Love the camera feature for my receipts. I leave the store take the picture and it’s logged into my app. Doing much better keeping track of receipts and expenses. End of the year tax documents are a piece of cake.

Pros

The ability to keep track of when rent has been paid. Also the ability to keep track and watch income and expenses. I have tenants that pay weekly and it would be a nightmare if I had to try to keep track of all of that on paper.

Cons

I wish that landlord studio had a method of being able to archive my payment receipts/photographs when I have sold the property. I need them for tax purposes. They have been great and worked with me as far as archiving those properties but it would be great if they had a system that I somehow could download and keep that information available after I sold the property.

Sam
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

LandlordStudio

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Great and will recommend

Pros

Highly transparent and easy to navigate

Cons

Sometimes challenging to make changes on current lease and bills due

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Sam, we will continue trying to make this as simple as we can to use

Ben

Nordskog Properties, Review of L>S

Reviewed on 8/14/2019

This was able to help connect my prop. manager and myself to both have an idea where we are at and moving forward. I really liked that when I emailed L>S about being able to search for my property that with in time that was an option. I would like to see them move forward with the new change that has been talked. I have talked to other landlords who have not used this due to feeling like it is not up to date and to blah. I think the new version with help grab and keep clients.

Pros

Keeping everything together, as well as knowing where tenants are with rent

Cons

This is a very hard to choose, I am unsure if I would rather have a "connected bank" account or not. I enjoy logging expense/income myself. However if my bank was set up it would be a chore to log my mortgages at split sections. this is why i just dont long my mortgage payments and will do it all as a interest payment at the end of the year.

Tammy
  • Industry: Hospitality

My most valuable tool

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

The customer support is amazing. I have had about 4 occasions where I have needed help from the software people. Invariably the reply comes within a day and everything I have wanted to do or know has an answer. It is by far the best software for my needs out there and I tried many before I found Landlord Studio.

Pros

Reasonably intuitive to operate. The ease of use and the ability to do via phone app or desktop is most useful. Quickly captures both expenses and revenue by property with reports that tell you exactly where you are at. To be able to capture an expense at point of sale and upload receipt straight into software makes record keeping so easy.

Cons

The higher end reporting sometimes is not as intuitive and I have had to write to ask how to do something.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for a growing rental business

Reviewed on 2/27/2019

Fantastic! Awesome support and I consider this tool one of the reasons we have been able to grow. It helps us to make better decisions.

Pros

We started using Landlord Studio about 2 years ago, before that, it was the old-fashioned spreadsheets. We really like the reporting aspects of Landlord Studio - it automates things that used to take me minutes (and sometimes hours) to complete.

Cons

Probably not fair to call this the least favorite about Landlord Studio - it’s my least favorite about accounting in general. We have grown over the years and different property managers have different account codes. You need to be very disciplined when coding expenses in order to make sure everything balances correctly. The recurring expense tries to help...but on things such as utilities the amount changes. Overall, easy to use software, just make sure you give some thought to your categories early on!

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Jason :)

David

Streamlined and Professional

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

See Pros above.

Pros

I have never felt so organized before using Landlord Studio. There are never any questions on payment history and my tenants appreciate the emailed receipts. I have recently begun to use additional features built into the app such as texting groups of tenants, tracking expenses, etc. The program really worked wonders for the management of my properties. My wife and I can both login and record payments, as well as see the status in real time.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize a few more features, such as rolling tenant expenses into the amount owed at the top of the page.

Jason

NCI landlord studio review

Reviewed on 8/14/2019

Tracking rent payments and Tennant activities

Pros

Simplicity
Mobile
Efficiency
The product is accessible on multiple devices

Cons

Cost
I think there should be a discount or flat rate for multiple units. Charging per unit seems strange given the little amount of data per unit

EGMIDIO

Super Easy

Reviewed on 2/27/2019

I would give this program a 5 star even though I do have that one issue. Simply because it’s a very convenient program, easy to use, and has just about everything you need to keep track of one or multiple properties. Not to mention the customer service is great. They respond really quickly to inquires I send them via email. Often times in less than 6 hours.

Pros

I love the ease of use on both the desktop and mobile version. As most people are on the go, the mobile version makes it very easy to access your properties, note payments/expenses, add docs, etc.... Looking at the home page, it’s very easy to get a feel for what’s going on with your property like balances, overdue rents, expense.

Cons

The only thing that is even just slightly inconvenient is the fact that anytime I make a payment to a vendor, I have to input all info related to vendor. I’ve worked with other software in the past where you would be able to simply click on the vendor via drop down menu and the system automatically fills in vendor info including type of service (ie: legal, utilities, maintenance, etc...).

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks for the review! We will be looking into adding a dropdown as you mentioned.

Freddie
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Very good product! You can’t look back!

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Excellent well thought out product, quick and effective customer support and voice of the customer. You are sure to be listened to and responded for any query promptly

Pros

Ease of use and stability, regular updates no software glitches and excellent second to none customer service

Cons

Cannot seem to find anything so far. I have not had a single issue with the product since I started using it a few years ago

Stephen

Reasonably priced and easy to setup and use

Reviewed on 10/8/2020

Before purchasing this app, I tried 3 other programs and this was by-far the best for to manage multiple rental properties. The pricing was also fair.

Pros

App was very easy to setup. It is easy to use on mobile devices, but also has a website for desktop use. Makes keeping up with multiple properties very easy. Pricing by number of units is very fair.

Cons

It would be great if they would add the ability to accept online payments and I would also be interested in a feature that would allow the tenants to log in to see what they owe.

Carmen
  • Industry: Insurance Software

5 star

Reviewed on 7/23/2019

Pros

Customer service response time.
Colors

Cons

Waiting on customizing .
No auto pay

Response from Landlord Studio

Amazing, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review and for sharing the kind words :). We are constantly working on improving the app and have some exciting features coming soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future with any questions you may have.

Ted

What a great APP

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Love the product. We use this in place of Quickbooks, it is much easier and is taylor made for rental properties. Keep up the good work.

Pros

Saves me a ton of time and has me much more organized.

Cons

I wish there was a place for a check number.

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Ted! Will look into having a check number field.

Manoj

• Customer Support Software

Good value solution to manage your properties

Reviewed on 9/30/2019

Landlord studio has saved a lot of time and money, it's a solution which hopefully one day will be able to manage all the property management side of things.

Pros

The dashboard is a great way to see your incoming rent and outgoings, the app is multi platform and I end up using this both on my phone and web browser. It supports many types of properties and is good to keep a track of tenants. A lot of features and I see they are implementing new features on a regular basis which is good.

Cons

The invoices are very basis and I would like to see an improvement on this, there is also no log of emails sent apart from the CC copy which is emailed. It would be good to have everything on Landlord studio saving on going back and forth.
I think the lease information should be more detailed and allow for rent increase and decreases, part payments etc.
Bank integration for the UK needs to be implemented.

Eric

Wonderful software

Reviewed on 9/30/2019

this is the software is the best value rental management software. It’s simple to use and can be used on your cell or web based. It doesn’t take much time to keep it maintained. I highly recommend it.

Exceptional customer service
Simplicity

Cons

The mileage tracking could be trimmed down.

Judy
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great application!

Reviewed on 7/24/2019

I am extremely pleased with this application and have recommended it to several friends.

Pros

This app is a lifesaver! It keeps me organized and allows me to easily create reports at tax time.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Forcing me to to write more in this field is wasting my time

Response from Landlord Studio

Wow thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We're so happy to hear the impact Landlord Studio has had in making your processes more efficient. We're excited to have you in the Landlord Studio community :)

Alex

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2/26/2019

Has help me manage in a more profecional way the rental units I manage

Pros

App and desktop application are very easy to use

Cons

No option to print reciepts you have to emial it then print it

Response from Landlord Studio

Thank you for being a long time user Alex. Much appreciated.

Ceasar

Landlordstudio review

Reviewed on 1/24/2019

I'm pleased with the software. Does most of what I need for a good price. The ability to send and receive fillable documents/forms such as leases and applications via text would be fantastic.

Pros

Tracking and report capabilities and app.

Cons

Recording payments received has to be done according to strict software protocols or else things don't seem to be logged correctly

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Ceasar for your honest review, much appreciated. We are going to do something around recording payments to make it much easier and best of all - automated!

E-signing of leases is something else on our roadmap as well!

James

Landlord Studio

Reviewed on 4/5/2022

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility. Customer support is great.

Cons

There are none from my perspective. I liked it just fine.

Dan

• Customer Support Software

Great for small to large rental properties

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

The only software of use to track my rental properties now.

Pros

Tracking mileage, management expenses by individual properties is easy and can do it on the go with the mobile app.

Cons

Taxes and some preset forms take a little bit to adjust but not bad once you know where those sections are.

Davin
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Makes managing multiple tenants a breeze

Reviewed on 4/17/2019

Pros

Features are maturing and support is great

Cons

Run in to some limitations when taking holding deposits for a future booking for a room that's currently tenants by someone else, but there are workarounds

Response from Landlord Studio

Thank Davin, awesome to have you on board.

Everything in one place

Reviewed on 1/17/2019

Stay on top of all the details related to my property so I'm able spend time doing other things

Pros

Clear records of my property and all info related. Stay on top of payments.

Cons

Banking integration which I hope they implement soon

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks for our first review! Glad to see its a positive one :)

Yup, we are working on banking integration right now and hope to get this up and running soon!

Nick
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

Pros

Ability to access from phone or computer
Reports

Cons

General expenses for all properties do not get divided across all properties

Response from Landlord Studio

Thank you Nick!

Myvanwy
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

helped me to understand how my property is a small business

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

Pros

It's easy to learn how to use and in the process helps you get your head around the accounting side of owning property. Also for me having everything in one place with reports I can run to get more information, is a godsend.

Cons

The data entry. but then that is not a fault of the software per se...it's just a laborious task one must do to reap the benefits.

Response from Landlord Studio

Thanks Myvanwy, hopefully a new feature we are working on with automatic rental reconciliation will make this even better :)

Gregg

Essential tool for rental property management

Reviewed on 1/2/2020

Pros

The software has the tools you need to manage you rental income and expenses. It provides easy methods of communicating with tenants as a bonus. I beleive that as a solution for rental property management, it is comprehensive and valuable.

Cons

The interface has a pleasant appearance however some functions are not readily apparent such as logging expenses which requires you to go into the property and select the expense function. I would like a quick entry on the home page that can go across the app.