4.5
4.6
Krystal F.

Intuitive

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

Pros

It’s very simple to learn, you don’t need a specialisation or long intro. Most of the features are self-explanatory drag and drop.

Cons

The cohort analysis isn’t as powerful as I’d like. Sometimes there’s ‘magic’ happening behind the scenes and I question whether I can trust the data.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Krystal. Thank you for your candid feedback! We promise there's no "magic"! Since your review, we've released a few updates to make the Cohort tool more intuitive and informative. We're also in the process of releasing further documentation about how our tools work so that users can understand the "magic" that goes into producing results.

Andrea V.
Industry: Information Services

Once you get the logic, it's easy to use

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

It is true that the tool requires some learning, but once you understand it is's super flexible and very easy to use.

Cons

The onboarding needs some serious handholding from experts.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Andrea. We've constantly seeking to improve our onboarding process for new customers. Data can be difficult and sometimes overwhelming. We've invested in making our tools more intuitive and simplified, but there's always room for improvement. Please feel free to send your feedback to [email protected]

Shaw L.

Funnel and segmentation tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

Drag and drop functionality, once configured. Nice charts, great for folks who aren't familiar with technical data analysis.

Cons

There are two great ways to view the data, but if there are other cuts necessary, the tool isn't made for it. So extracting data out to use in other tools can be more challenging.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your feedback, Shaw. We currently offer data export in 3 ways: 1) download results as a CSV, 2) export user segment data via API, or 3) export data to BigQuery. We'd love to learn more about which applications you would like for data export. Please contact [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sam R.
Industry: Computer Software

Indicative Review

Reviewed on 2019-07-01

Pros

Indicative is useful for looking at trends over time and we're able to pull in many different data sources and gather them in one place.

Cons

Indicative is limited in ways to look at data. The ease of use is not great.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your feedback, Sam.
It's true that users with a deep understanding of the underlying data will find Indicative easier to use. We also offer more than 10 chart types across our 4 primary tools.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Awesome data visualization!

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Has been excellent so far.

Pros

Quickly view funnel metrics and visualize user flows.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the UI, but that's for any new tool.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your review!

Johan G.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

One of the only softwares who can provide a clear customer journey visualization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-08-08

The customer service team was very helpful and quick to reply. Even if used only in it's beta period, the quick results we got from it were very satisfactory.

Pros

Indicative is one of the only softwares you will find so far that can display how users interact with your website and doesn't need a complex integration or a very expensive subscription. It's a very straight to the point tool.

Cons

It's still not 100% out of beta. But so far, it is exactly what they advertise.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your review, Johan!

Yisheng T.

Good service

Reviewed on 2019-06-17

Pros

1. good interface
2. real time data
3. very helpful customer service

Cons

1. too many choices some times.
2. the session UI can be improved.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Yisheng, thank you for the review! While Indicative offers near-realtime analytics, there can be delays in processing data. Several checks are conducted to verify and deduplicate data before making it available in Indicative. It's important to note as well that while queries within our tools produce results on-demand, dashboards are limited to a maximum of 15-minute refresh intervals.

Jonathan S.

Get more from your data

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

I like that it's intentionally designed around funnels. Google Analytics' funnel capability is an afterthought and not very usable. Indicative allows you to create funnels on the fly, without sampled data. I believe this allows people to derive more insightful conclusions.

Cons

There's a slight learning curve on how to use it. Because it loads all of the data, there can be some slight delays (though I think you can solve for this by implementing sampling if so desired). You have to implement your own structured events which can be tedious, but it'll save you time in the end.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your review, Jonathan. Just like an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, time spent instrumenting your events now will save you time in analyzing the events later.

Justin M.
Industry: Entertainment

Indicative for 3rd Party Usage Tool

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

I was trying to track overall usage and see what new features were most adopted by partners.

Pros

I liked the drag and drop building of segments.

Cons

I didn't like that I was showing inaccurate data. Parts of the data capture that didn't produce a lot of info showed "possible" combinations for user and their config. This was confusing and required some coaching to others I thought the service to.

I also didn't like that I couldn't reuse certain parts of a segment filter elsewhere.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your review, Justin. Tooling and configuring your event-based analytics can be difficult. I apologize for your frustration! If you need further assistance, please contact [email protected]

Gloria C.

Great intuitive analytics tool

Reviewed on 2019-10-15

Overall very happy with Indicative and its customer support. BI tools can be the cause of a lot of frustration for people like me who need to pull data constantly, but Indicative makes it easy with their interface.

Pros

The drag and drop function with immediate visual updates makes running queries easier to figure out. I don't have to know the intricacies of the relational databases that power the data behind the scenes.

Cons

Sometimes the queries have too many results which either take up too much time to run or end up crashing the system entirely. Wish I could have some insight into whether this happens before I wait as long as I do to see it.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your review, Gloria! Indicative has a simple interface to make querying easy for non-technical users- no SQL or coding knowledge needed! We've also reduced our query error rate to <1%. If you're having difficulty running a query, please contact [email protected]

Italo C.

Spotting weak points

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

Indicative has allow us to spot parts in our client journey that take too long to complete or where is our most significant drop off. Although is a great tool for analyzing online service data, it requires to spent quite some time to learn how to make the most of it.

Pros

It allow us to take advantage of our site's traffic information and spot steps in our client's journey that could be improved.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as one could wish. Some training hours are needed for our new employees to catch up with their tools.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Italo, thank you for your review! One of the most common use cases for Indicative's funnel tool is to identify and optimize for points of friction along the expected customer journey. Thanks for sharing!

Industry: Newspapers
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Multi-Platform Review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018-11-30

The indicative team were a great addition to our business. They were always willing to help and worked hard to solve any data problem we were facing.

Pros

Its a relatively easy to use UI that overlaid over all of our data. Indicative provided us the tools to combine customer attributes with customer behavior. This drove significant insight for our teams.

Cons

While querying to build reports was a very useful tool it did require a lot of practice.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi there! We released an improved reporting feature that can be used to send updated dashboard results to any email address. If you'd like additional information, please contact [email protected]

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Useful software if you devote the time

Reviewed on 2019-06-25

Pros

It really helps to get to know better your users' behaviour and supports the strategic decisions in the business life. The support pages are really helpful and if you contact the support they're answering quite fast as well.

Cons

It's not intuitive. You really have to devote the time to learn all of it's features, if you really wish to explore the software.

Response from Indicative Software

Like any tool, especially in analytics, there is a learning curve associated with Indicative's 4 tool types. I recommend accessing the self-service tutorials, available in the Demo environment, to accelerate learning.

Rajiv K.

Coolest Tool I ever used

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

Pros

Excellent Tool .. does the job and works for our product.

Cons

Hard to think about it but nothing that we have seen yet. Maybe add quick shortcuts for different features so can easily access them with one click.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Rajiv. You asked and we provided. You can now find one-click shortcuts available on the Welcome Screen and a simplified navigation under the "Analyze" dropdown.

Zhenya V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Like a value that Indicative brings

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-06-18

Pros

Its customization and cover of needs for SAAS business.

Cons

Poor UI/UX, sometimes it's hard to use it.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Zhenya, I hope you've been able to try Indicative since we released a new user interface in April 2020. We incorporated customer feedback to make our tools more intuitive and easier to understand.

Industry: Financial Services

Excellent for showing value to partners

Reviewed on 2018-12-06

Via Indicative, we can easily get graphs from data without deep coding knowledge, any analyst can do it.

Pros

It's easy to program to get the graphs required. It's really helpful and visually easy to understand as we managed different partners data and we sent them these graphs.

Cons

It takes some time to upload/ calculate the existing dashboards.

Response from Indicative Software

Hello. On our Free plan, dashboard updates are limited to one daily update. For more frequent dashboard updates, please consider our Pro or Enterprise plans.

Alex P.
Industry: Computer Software

Really Good Product

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

Overall, I'm a pretty big fan of Indicative. We are definitely going to continue to use it.

Pros

Amazing free offering to get you going in the app for quite a while. Indicative also has a ton of features.

Cons

Some of the features are a little hard to discover and find out how to properly put to use.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Alex. Since your review, we release an entirely refreshed user interface with simplified navigation. I hope you have an opportunity to check it out!

Pranav S.
Industry: Financial Services

Great value for money, beats Amplitude anyday

Reviewed on 2019-06-24

Pros

Very user friendly. The right amount of features are present that would solve most of the analytical requirement for a product/growth team

Cons

Certain edge cases are not covered.
For example if you want to see the funnel rates week over week or on a daily level, you have to manually change the date range for every data point that you need.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks, Pranav! Please send your additional use cases to [email protected] We're always seeking new ways to improve our product and we're especially responsive to customer feedback.

Industry: Entertainment

Indicative is a fantastic resource to help us visualize our data and tell great stories.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-01-05

We can easily visualize our data.

Pros

I love how accessible the Indicative staff is. They're a small-stage business so they're incredibly receptive to feedback and often implement the changes we request. The level of customer service Indicative provides is unmatched.

Cons

The tools can be a bit limiting at times. For instance, when you update a particular section of the segment, you have to redo your calculations. It would be amazing if that information updated automatically. The output of the data could also be more flexible in terms of how the information is arranged.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your review.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Pros

Easy to implement and offers a great deal of functionality and options. I like the live feed for debugging production issues quickly.

Cons

I found the navigation overall to be a bit confusing and not intuitive. I also wished that it included map-based filtering and organization. My superiors still ask for the map views they are familiar with from GA.

Response from Indicative Software

Thank you for your feedback! Indicative does offer a heatmap view within the Cohort tool, but it's different than the heatmap you may be used to in Google Analytics. I've sent your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

Ramkumar V.
Industry: Sports

The most generous behavioural analytics platform out there

Reviewed on 2019-06-24

Beyond excellent. I will definitely go pro and stick with them if I become big enough to afford it.

Pros

The free plan is great. It is by far the most generous free plan out there. As a startup, that is currently bootstrapped, not having to shell out big bucks while getting the kind of insights about user behaviour has been mind blowing.

Our new feature developments have been spot on and we are able to understand where users are struggling, what features they like etc. It is like I have a super power in my hands.

The features are good and are constantly improving. In the last 3 months, I have seen the platform become a lot better.

Cons

1. I think the funnels can be improved to support multiple steps/ branches better. For example, we have two different flows (one for new users and one for more experienced users) and there is no way to see both of these at once.
2. There are too many marketing email campaigns. It is a bit overwhelming. I genuinely wanted to provide feedback because they are being so generous, but there are just too many IMO. So, I end up skipping most of their emails/ announcements.

Response from Indicative Software

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our Free plan, Ramkumar! Also, sorry about the emails! Based on your feedback, we reviewed and refined our email outreach to simplify the customer experience on our Free plan. We hope you enjoy!

Abby P.
Industry: Fine Art

Good alternative to SQL Workbench

Reviewed on 2019-03-08

Pros

I like the UI and I think it's just a friendlier alternative to SQL Workbench. I also think that the schema exploration, graphing functionality, and sharing ability are really cool.

Cons

I think that the auto-suggest isn't very good. I'd also love to see more functionality to help us organize queries.

Response from Indicative Software

Hi Abby. Based on your feedback, we updated our "Best Matches" feature to produce more accurate results. Thank you for the review!

#Titlereview

Reviewed on 2018-09-24

We analyze impact of bugs by querying data and that is easier to interpret with visuals.

Pros

The queries are pretty simple and attributes are documented.
The types of visualisation and the speed to get results is satisfying.

Cons

That it does not show real-time data, actually I believe our newest is at least one day old.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your feedback! Regarding real-time data, we offer two main types of data loading: real time via our REST API or daily batch loads via your data warehouse. It seems like your company utilizes the latter, but we are happy to help you get set up with a real time integration if you are interested. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager, or contact [email protected]

Rohit B.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Indicative is a great tool

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

Its really easy to fetch data from the tool and presentation of data is better than any other tool available.

Pros

Like all the features available for the gathering the data.

Cons

Nothing as such, Liking the tool so far.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for the review, Rohit!

A useful product that is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-01-05

Pros

The flexibility in being able to create my own charts and being able to track the funnel of our overall site.

Cons

The numbers aren't in real-time so when I use it to track revenue, it's always off by ~10K. Indicative isn't used by a lot of other companies so also requires a lot of training.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your review. Depending on your configuration, Indicative may require several minutes to process incoming data. Using a real-time integration, data is made available within minutes. Using a batch load integration, data is made available next-day. We're happy to work with customers to identify the best option, depending on their needs.