Zadarma

Business phone system for companies of all sizes

3.7/5
3.7/5
3.5/5
Customer Support Software
3.3/5

Pierre R.

• Customer Support Software

Would be perfect if not major issues

Reviewed on 2021-02-05

Could be perfect. Ends up totally wrong.

Pros

Free PBX and multiple options to share lines and API

Cons

Once ported, our incoming calls keep cutting at 30secs. Tech support is unable to solve. Then you discover they have totally stupid pricing based on 10 countries that are totally unrelated and illogic. Calls from any other major coutry is extremely expensive.

Response from Zadarma

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with Zadarma has not been flawless. Please contact our support team via email [email protected], so we can assist you with this technical issue.

Dan V.

• Customer Support Software

good

Reviewed on 2017-12-05

Pros

Less expensive and friendly user. You can connect to the support when you need their assistance. Overall good

Cons

have to inform support once top up added. should have been automatic. Nothing much to say. Overall software is good

• Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useless software

Reviewed on 2019-04-17

Scam-like software, don't fall for it

Pros

None, it's doesn't work property, very bad customer support

Cons

Fails all the time, terrible customer support, they take your money and then ask.

Response from Zadarma

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced troubled using our service.
Please, let us know what device you are using and which application. Which one of our services did you have problems with?
We will do our best to get to the bottom of this if you can provide us with more information.

Over 1.25 million clients are entrusting Zadarma with their communication services and their money. We hope you will enjoy the full range of our services as well.

Don srinath G.

• Customer Support Software

Value for money when you need international roaming

Reviewed on 2019-01-31

Overall I consider this a great service with very useful features.

Pros

It is very easy to get a foreign number if you got your documents right, mostly it is passport.
There after you can easily divert virtual number to local number.

Cons

There were few times I noticed audio lag

• Industry: Utilities

does not work

Reviewed on 2021-05-31

Not pleasant since they fail to deliver promised service.

Pros

Purchased virtual # solely to forward UK calls to a US cell phone - support has been responsive

Cons

call forwarding as of yet does not work. They test calls from their system which is absolutely meaningless. Calls from recruiters in the UK fail. Test call from my US land line to the virtual # also fail. No resolution yet... prepare to cancel and chargeback.

Response from Zadarma

We are sorry to hear you did not find our service fully satisfying. We apologize that you have faced these unusual troubles. Our support team works 24/7 and provides help in seven languages, they are ready to assist you with any questions or issues.

Evgenia Z.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Very good Software and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

very good experience, we didn't have any problems everything works smoothly.

Pros

Very good software works perfectly in Mexico.
Customer Support is great in different languages.

Cons

The ID checking process takes around 24 hours, so one has to consider the time.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to-use VOIP solution to your business

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

Pros

Simple integration with top CRM systems

Great value for money compared to competitors

Cons

Free Zadarma CRM is limitted

Small difficulties with the initial set-up and resolved quickly

Response from Zadarma

Thank you for the feedback!
If you have any questions, please, contact our 24/7 online support.

Colette V.

• Customer Support Software

Vaule for money but some anoying quirks

Reviewed on 2021-09-13

The support is very limited but on the positive side (apoart from the few issues I have) I never need to contact them.

Pros

The subscription model is clear and not too expensive compared to the functionalities provided. We use Zadarma PBX to interactt with customers in Sweden.

Cons

There are three annoying issues:
1. At unpredictable times we cannot reach a number we dial. After a few minutes this usually works again. Might be the number we dial is occupied, but the software does not show it. It just cancels the connection attempt.
2. We use SMS to respond to customers and for that having our local (virtual) number as the sender-id is crucial. Until some months ago this worked well with Zadarma via the web-portal (it never worked via the app, see #3 below), although Zadarma do not guarantee to send the virtual number as sender-id.
Currently our virtual number is never used as sender-id by Zadarma. The sender-id that is used currently is 'Zadarma.com', which looks very unprofessional to my customers. Next to that my customers do not recognize the sms are not able to respond directly to my SMS-es anymore (the recipient cannot respond to the 'Zadarma.com' sender-id).
Zadarma support just states that it is not guaranteed (to me 'not guaranteed' means it does not work all the time, but currently it NEVER works) which is quite unsatisfying. Especially this started after I was fully set-up with Zadarma so I also feel a bit locked in...
3. The Zadarma Android app supports multiple lines that can be switched on/of individually. The SMS function in the app however only sends SMS with sender 'Zadarma.com'. More than once my recipients just discarded of my SMS-es because they did not recognize the sender. I fear getting blacklisted because of this.

Response from Zadarma

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We are paying close attention to the points you have mentioned and will work on them.

Oleksander N.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

The service and quality is good, While CS was poor for a while; however lately it was improved

Reviewed on 2017-12-04

easy to use, exception installation and application. moneywise is reasonable

Pros

Software, I mean the App for the I phone is great and easy to use. Softphone on the web is easy to operate, while the general menu is still confusing.

Cons

While App is great , However, the functionality buttons should enlarged. The activation and tune in process is still quite complicated. Recently, during the reinstallation on a new ios device I've spent 30 min myself + another 15 min with a CS. Also, the general menu is too complicated and confusing; the simpler version , like Line2.com for instance is advised. Customer service, especially voice support must be improved.

Sergiy V.
  • Industry: Design

Best value for money

Reviewed on 2020-06-26

Quite a positive experience. We needed one system to unite several offices and easily achieved it with Zadarma.

Pros

The price does not depend on the number of users, we are expanding rapidly and appreciate that we do not have to pay extra for each new employee. Very easy to set up, we managed to do everything on our own.

Cons

We had to verify ID for some of the international numbers but it only took 1 day.

• Customer Support Software

I soon came to appreciate how this VoIP contributes to efficient & economical business...

Reviewed on 2017-12-06

Pros

Zadarma's range of supported VoIP features provides excellent value. In particular I find that their virtual number deals make sound business sense. By taking virtual numbers, small and medium size firms are able to compete on international markets in a way previously only open to large companies. For example, from my office in the USA I can open and run virtual offices in the UK, India, Russia and many other leading business centers. It saves a small fortune in office, personnel and travel expenses while tapping into growing markets.

I also find their free cloud PBX (they also call it a business phone system) brings many benefits to both the employees who communicate through it, and customers who call the firm. Since they can receive calls on a desktop computer, IP phone and smart phone, or forward these calls to mobiles and landlines, those important business calls no longer get missed.

In my experience, customers certainly appreciate a positive calling experience. This significantly increases the possibility of that customer placing an order and coming back again to make subsequent orders.
Finally, there is no denying that the cost savings are a big attraction. It is hard for landline service providers to compete when they have to carry the heavy costs of phone cabinet and wiring installations and repair. This VoIP service seems to me to be a much more economical choice without compromising on call quality.

Cons

I had some initial difficulties with the app setup but when I turned to their customer service they provided me with the help I need to quickly complete the setup.

The way their app runs down the battery life was also an issue that bothered me. I contacted Zadarma and they reassured me that in the coming new version of their app they have taken care of this problem.

Dima V.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and useful product

Reviewed on 2019-01-31

Overall experience is great, this service is very good value for money

Pros

I use Zadarma PBX for more than a year. It's great and stable product, easy to config, with great prices and very good support service

Cons

There are several technical issues with PBX, such as lack of transfer functions integration with hardware and software phones.

Somhairle W.

• Customer Support Software

A fantastic service for small companies

Reviewed on 2019-01-28

Pros

Zadarma is a great phone system for small businesses. It's easy to set up lines, extensions and numbers and it's very reliable.

Cons

I tried portability from a UK number but they couldn't port it because the 2 suppliers didn't have a porting agreement.

Osarumwense I.
  • Industry: Entertainment

My experience with Zadarma

Reviewed on 2021-07-14

Pros

My appetite for trying out different softwares brought me in contact with this app, and the experience wasn't bad at all. I like the fact that it is easy to setup, and it's available on mobile devices.

Cons

I experienced glitches with the app, and was freezing. The 3 months prepayment is not encouraging, it should be scrapped! I don't have to pay 3 months in order to receive sms.

Response from Zadarma

Thank you for the review!
We appreciate your feedback. If you continue to experience app glitches, please, contact our 24/7 support so we can determine and fix the problem.

Станислав С.

Reviewed on 2019-05-02

Nicolas R.

Reviewed on 2019-04-16

Daniel O.

Poor and Unreasonable Customer Service Initially

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

I was able to receive International SMS from Israel cheaply. The account verification process and the support ticket process are cumbersome and wearisome to pursue.

Pros

The Zadarma Projects provides cheap virtual numbers and free SMS reception service on those numbers. After much pushing and continued engagement, I was finally given good customer service.

Cons

Zadarma numbers work on a monthly subscription basis. However, they will block use of certain features of your virtual numbers. This happened to me, creating a situation in which I was paying for a virtual number, but could not use the free SMS reception feature associated with it. For five days, the Zadarma support team refused to extend my subscription length to compensate for the time which they had blocked this desired features of my number. Interaction with the Support Team was extremely frustrating and slow. They would respond to me once in every 24 hour period, and their responses were unhelpful. They repeatedly said no in multiple ways to my requests. Once I gave up perusing the support team for compensation and asked to be referred to management, I was given excellent customer service. Management unblocked the desired feature of my number, and extended my subscription to one month from that day.

The blocking of account features has to do with the Zadarma account verification process. They request the uploading of passports or ID cards. I uploaded my ID card on day one, and my passport on day three. Both were rejected. The ID card was rejected on day two for the stated reason that it was not a passport, despite the fact that account documentation requested a passport or ID card. The passport was rejected one day five for the stated reason that the file size was too small, despite the fact that no minimum file size limit was visible to me in my account documentation. It was only after requesting to be referred to management on day five that my account was verified with my uploading any additional documents.

Response from Zadarma

Dear Mr Ockrin,
We regret to see that you have not been satisfied with our service. We believe that there must be a misunderstanding, since your phone number and the voice features connected to that number have never been blocked. As it is clearly written in the instructions, to activate the SMS reception on your number, we require you to upload a copy of your passport. This was done on your side 5 days after you have purchased the number. As soon, as the requirement for the activation of the SMS reception was fufilled, and you have uploaded the copy of your passport, we have enabled that feature on your number straight away. In addition, we have also extended your number for 5 extra days and we did not refuse to extend your subscription length. All of the chats between you and our Customer Service representatives show that your enquiries have been answered promptly and on time.
Best Regards,
Zadarma

William C.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Support and Implementation Instructions Beyond Poor

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

This may be an extraordinary piece of software but I cannot base my business on a piece of software where the support organization cannot communicate and where the installation/integration instructions cannot be reasonably followed.

They need a technical person with good English skills to go through their implementation directions and they have got to have people who can speak English on their support line before I will reconsider this product.

Pros

Nothing. I never got it to work. The instructions and support were unacceptable.

Cons

I consider myself technically competent with over 30 years of PC experience. After 6 hours, one phone call and 3 support chats I gave up trying to integrate this product with Zoho.

The phone call was perhaps the most revealing in that the person who called had such poor English language skills that he gave up after two or three attempts to communicate.

The chat experiences were no better. Every time I got on chat they referred me to the arcane instructions that I could not figure out.

Response from Zadarma

Hello William,

We sincerely apologize for all the difficulties you have faced when using our service. We realize that we have a lot of features that can be hard to figure out and we are working on it.
For example, in October we have upgraded PBX settings wizard to make it much more convenient to use.
We will keep on going and making our service easy and enjoyable to use, including PBX features and integrations with other platforms.

As for the support, Zadarma has 24/7 support in 5 languages. Unfortunately, it was our mistake that in September after the webinar with Zoho our English-speaking support was working 18/6, and you have probably contacted our team outside the working hours.
Currently, working hours of English support have already been increased and soon will reach 24/7.

Thank you for your interest in our service and your feedback. We are sure you will appreciate all the changes we're introducing. Please, contact me if you would like a personal 1 on 1 demo.

David A.

Over all good.

Reviewed on 2017-12-04

Pros

Easy to setup individual extensions, call statistics and charts and call geography. Incoming routes from other providers. Webphone and sms support being able to add to my own website.

Cons

Call routing fiddly to setup, unable to route calls through other providers e.g. forward to [email protected]

Sunny S.

Worst Services Ever

Reviewed on 2020-07-31

Worst Services Ever

Pros

Was easy to use via their app installed in my phone, but they can stop their services anytime

Cons

Never saw such an unprofessional approach form any service provider.

- They require a passport as verification proof.

- But now after the same has been provided they say it is not required.

- When I asked which document is required, the response is "we recommend you to use some other service provider".

- I was also not so interested with the services, it is just I shared the number I purchased from Zadarma to all my Client.

WILL SUGGEST NOT TO GO WITH THEM, THEY MIGHT HARM YOUR BUSINESS STOPPING THEIR SERVICES AT ANY POINT OF TIME. Ticket ScreenShot:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Response from Zadarma

Dear Sunny,
As discussed over in support chats and on the other review platform, certain countries require us to verify the identity of the users connecting the numbers. When this cannot be done according to the standards of those countries, we are unable to provide the service.
Your documents have not been verified and a refund has been issued instantly

Lior B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Can't use services because they can't verify my number

Reviewed on 2019-08-22

Pros

-Absolutely nothing. I had one goal, and the system would not allow me to achieve it.

Cons

The goal was to use the product for virtual number. But my actual phone number could not be verified for some reason, and because of that they could not provide me with the service.
The customer support was atrocious, it was like talking to a bot. The initial responses were same as I was getting from the online form. I had asked the operator to say "potatoes" to prove that they were not a bot.

Response from Zadarma

Hello Lior,

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our support team.
It is true that unless we can verify your phone number, there is no access to the service. It is a matter of security.

We have reached out to you via a form on Capterra. Please, reply to the email and provide the email address that you have used to register with Zadarma so we can investigate the problem.

Zadarma Team

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Best solution for virtual phone systems

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Pros

With Zadarma we got an amazing solution for a very attractive price. It’s seems like there’s nothing their service cannot do.

Cons

You need to get a hang of the website, that might take a day or two

Roman S.

Great reliable service!

Reviewed on 2017-12-04

Pros

This is great service which allows us to get phone numbers in multiple countries. Quality and reliability is great. We monitor all of our phone numbers and Zadarma numbers consistently show 4+ MOS scores

Cons

We are primarily using this as a SIP trunk and it required customer support to get this configured. Customer support was great though.

Mark S.

• Customer Support Software

I have been using Zadarma since near the time of their conception and they have saved me...

Cost savings

Pros

Great value calls from simple to configure software - works from my contact list and integrates with my call logs

Cons

Tends to eat the battery - but I am more than willing to accept this 'problem' in return for the benefits

Athanasios T.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Quality Services of Zadarma project

Reviewed on 2019-01-31

It is a great project which for me personally has opened up my business activities in fields i was not aware at all i could do.

Pros

Easy installation, no heavy equipment, instant service.

Cons

Nothing really special. Maybe if the cost on mobiles would be little bitty lower. but in general there is absolutely no problem.