Routific

Route optimization software for delivery businesses

4.6/5

Matt
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Exactly what I needed!

Reviewed on 2020-06-16

I'm running two week-long STEM summer camps for middle schoolers. Our original plan was to have the campers at the local high school all day and we were going to feed them snacks and lunch from our top local caterer. Well, due to COVID19, we have converted camp to an "at home" experience. But we are determined to keep the food component, so we are driving lunch to 35 campers each day. My wife, my friend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and two of my students are doing the driving.

Using my free trial, I was able to set up [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as drivers. Then, I was able to plug the 35 campers into routific, optimize the routes, and then dispatch. It was AMAZING. What an incredible product.

Pros

So easy to use. So easy to make modifications to your stops, drivers, and routes. And the dispatch button is magic.

Cons

I have no complaints. Maybe another pricing tier for users like me.

David
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Slick, clean, easy to use routing software

Reviewed on 2020-10-07

Our restaurant started delivering a large number of meals for a government program due to COVID-19. We were not prepared for the logistical challenge. At the beginning, we were trying to split up the addresses in Excel by city, print out spreadsheets with addresses for drivers, check off what had been completed, canceled, or rescheduled, take notes, etc. It was a disaster. It was impossible to organize, leaving us with little idea of who delivered what, where, or when. This didn't last long though. I love technology and started looking for a solution.

Stumbling upon Routific was a godsend. One look at the website and I could tell that it's a disrupter. After creating an account to do the trial period, I uploaded all the stops and created optimized routes for my drivers in minutes. The UI is so good that it makes everything feel approachable. It isn't intimidating. Deployment for my drivers was almost too easy. Seeing my drivers proceed efficiently on their routes, add photos and notes when necessary, then being left with an easy-to-digest record of deliveries was pure bliss. Enabling customer notifications so my recipients know when to expect their meal delivery (and not needing to call us night and day) was just the cherry on top.

Bottom line, it's made a really complex job (dividing, optimizing, and distributing routes to drivers) not only simple, but enjoyable. It's been reliable and easy to use in all aspects. Honestly, it's a work of art.

Pros

My favorite feature about Routific is how easy is it to dispatch routes to drivers. For a brand new driver, all they have to do is install the app on their phone. After that, Routific sends a text message with a link that opens the route automatically in the app. For dispatchers working with tech-impaired employees, this is a life-saver! You don't have to create accounts for them or share passwords or anything like that.

The driver app is also attractive with a clean and intuitive UI. It's easy for people to learn to use. As a dispatcher, the web UI is clean and attractive. It feels lightweight even though it's doing a lot. Creating a route with multiple drivers and quite a few stops, especially when there are unique situations, is complex--however, Routific makes it about as easy as I can imagine it being. It is very flexible, allowing for lots of changes and variables, and it handles it all easily.

It's nice that the driver app allows drivers to use the navigation app of their choice (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps). Not only does it allow for the possibility of superior navigation, but it is also one less thing to teach the driver.

The customer notifications are incredibly easy to setup and they work very well.

Cons

As great as the software is, it does get expensive quickly. In fact, for a small business, it's about as expensive as I think we could take, especially with its per vehicle pricing model. I think maybe plans that included a certain number of vehicles might make more sense. Also, the pricing for customer notifications feels exorbitant. It starts at $16 (annual plan, $19 for monthly), which might be reasonable alone, but that price is per vehicle. If you have a few active vehicles on your delivery route, you'll be paying a steep cost for those text messages. This really should be a flat fee service I think.

Feature-wise, my main complaint would be in regard to customer notifications--you can only choose SMS only or email only. If you need to mix and match notifications because some stops can't receive SMS notifications and others don't have emails, you're out of luck.

Secondarily, while you can see the location of drivers in real-time, Routific does not seem to show the routes that drivers actually took, along with speeds and related data. There have been times when that would have been helpful. It also doesn't seem to provide GPS data to verify the location when the driver marks a delivery completed.

Route4Me

Reasons for Switching to Routific

Most route planner apps/software are designed for solo independent contractors, not for a dispatcher and team of drivers. The most relevant competitor is Route4Me. This software appears powerful and generally well-liked, but it's more pricey out the gate for a small operation like mine in order to match the features of Routific. The app seems good, but it does navigation itself instead of allowing driver choice, and it doesn't seem as easy to deploy as the SMS route link that Routific uses. The web interface of the two is not comparable--Routific is FAR superior in terms of ease of use and attractiveness. Not only did Routific offer a compelling feature set for a relatively low cost of entry (although it does add up quickly, as noted above), but it clearly is the newer, disruptive product on the block, offering a modern solution for businesses of all sizes. It was a pretty easy choice.
Cristina
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Good system, well designed, but too pricey if I only need for 1 driver.

Reviewed on 2017-12-13

The faster routes for the job.

Pros

How quick it puts the routes together and that you can select different options.
And the customer service.

Cons

I was very disappointed to know that to retrieve my driver notes and places she stops, I had to pay an additional fee.

Response from Routific

Cristina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so sorry you didn't think Routific was worth the money.

It's true that in order to track your drivers and collect notes, you need to subscribe to our live tracking feature. I'm sorry if this wasn't clearly communicated to you before signing up.

Matt

• Customer Support Software

Routing beer around the city

Reviewed on 2022-06-01

Pros

Incredible product and so intuitive and easy to use with our current systems. A simple export from our software and quickly uploads into Routific.

Cons

Traffic estimates can be off sometimes leading to longer days but we've been able to make adjustments to fix for that.

Response from Routific

Thanks so much for your kind review, Matt. We're working on better traffic estimates in our next release!

Joel
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

My experience with Routific - what an wonderful company and an amazing product.

Reviewed on 2020-06-09

We had used the Routific API when conducting a costing exercise late last year and had found it exceptionally easy to use.
3 months ago when we decided to start delivering some of our own freight in a van we turned to Routific again and began using the software using xls files to import the delivery information. within two weeks our team had integrated it with our ERP so that these imports were not necessary making it a breeze to manage the van and the ever changing runs.
Also this review would not be compleat without a shoutout to Alfin. he has been absolutaly wonderful to work with.

Pros

Ease of Use. It was exceptionally easy for my team to integrate with our ERP. This is due to the API being well structured and the Documentation being well laid out and containing all the relevant information.
The UI is very well laid out and my staff had no trouble at all learning how to use it. Our driver also finds the web interface easy to use and very intuitive. the way he can open the next destination in Google Maps saves him a lot of time.

Cons

I don’t really see any Cons. The Features that I would like to see in the software in the future are, the ability to track the driver in realtime and possibility a native Android App.

Kajetan

Simple as bread

Reviewed on 2020-04-03

Excellent made my life a lot simpler. If we scale, I hope it will scale with us. I also like the support guys were super helpfull

Pros

The simplicity is king. I dont have to show my drivers anything the administration is funny how easy it is. The other software made the whole task look super difficult with a ton of features I didn't use. I also like the interface, the simple use of colors. Its so simple my little brother can use it.

Cons

It is maybe laking some simple features like more notes for drivers. I would need a note that I can name. My guys have to put bread in to deliveries and for them to know how much to but I would like a costumizible note that i could name Bread and just add 1,2,3...

Also there are a few bugs, and the softwere becomes a bit slow to respond when you go 250+delivery.

GSMtasks

Reasons for Switching to Routific

Ease of use, and the feature to export the solution. Probably all of them have this feature but It was just too difficult to find ;)

Response from Routific

Thanks for the great review! You mentioned that you'd like to create notes for drivers. We in fact have this this! You can use "custom fields" when you upload your stops. https://academy.routific.com/en/articles/1370850-custom-fields-and-how-to-add-them

Marino
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great route planner for SME

Reviewed on 2020-05-14

Pros

In the beginning I liked how easy it was to set up and start. I just exported my customer's addresses into a CSV document and started planning routes. Saved me a ton of time. Later on I started to love the API that they offer so now I have all kinds of optimization and time saving features built in.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think that I haven't been able to solve in some way using Routific. It fulfills all my needs.

OptimoRoute, GSMtasks and Tookan

Reasons for Switching to Routific

It seemed like it was easier to start using Routific. Since then the customer service is really what has made Routific stand out to its competitors.
Jonathan

Made my deliveries 3x more productive

Reviewed on 2020-04-28

Very positive. Easy. It took me a couple of days to learn how to input all the info and manage it and know how the dispatch works and everything. Very positive.

Pros

Its intuitive, it has awesome features like the client notifications, and everytime I had a question I was serviced in a very comprehensive and friendly fashion. They didnt stop until I said I was satisfied.

Cons

Just a little bug that you can't manually input the coordinates of a place, it has to be uploaded from excel every time.

Tookan

Reasons for Switching to Routific

There were up front complications on setting up the product and learning how to use. It required this guy from India to call me and chat with me and they werent very aware of what I was going through. It took too much energy to understand and get started. Routific was very simple compared to those other products.
Michael

Efficiency and Increased Delivery numbers

Reviewed on 2021-02-15

Overall Routific has been easy to use. It works well with our order system and is affordable for our small business.

I like the visual representation of the stops. It allows at a glance understanding of how the day is progressing.

Pros

I like the customer notifications. Allows us to do faster drops and means more deliveries a day.

I like the ease of rescheduling or cancelling deliveries.

Cons

I would like to send different notification messages to different types of customers. being able to assign 2 different messages to specific customers would be a bonus

I would like to use coordinates more. making it easier to enter coordinates into the "add a stop" quickly would be extremely beneficial as we serve many rural areas without addresses.

Jeff
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

What a Find!

Reviewed on 2020-10-29

I'm really not sure where our company be without Routific! We have been able to perform at a peak level due to to the software, allowing our staff to handle a large volume of deliveries, with minimal effort...

Pros

Ability to plan, route and manage daily trips through basic and simple steps!

Cons

The inability to close Canada/US border when routing trips
Routing trips over the course of multiple days

FreightPath

Reasons for Switching to Routific

The power of the software at the price point.
Jill

• Customer Support Software

Excellent Product once you learn the ins and outs

Reviewed on 2021-09-02

Overall, the experience with Routific is great and the program serves our needs very well. There are always some glitches with software, and Routific is not exempt from this, but they are always improving and always willing to listen to feedback to make the experience the best it can be.

Pros

I liked the fact that I was not trying to figure out how to route our drivers on my own. The system works well almost 100% of the time, with very little down time and the routes it produces are efficient and streamlined for our drivers. The notification system is a must for our customers and while it works well, it would be nice if it was a bit more accurate. There are always parts of software programs that could always be improved but overall this is a great program and we would be lost without it. The customer service is amazing!

Cons

I wish we had more options for personalization for more of our needs. For example, being able to send notifications both through email and SMS and not just one or the other. Also, it would be helpful to be able to schedule dispatching routes so that the delivery emails go out on the day of delivery instead of when they are dispatched. Having the ability to use both the apps for our drivers instead of just one or the other would be very helpful. Being able to schedule routes and drivers across multiple days would be a game changer. A big issue is the Google maps that the directions are given in. Google maps is terrible and will send our drivers to the wrong location many times each week. If they aren't paying attention to the town they end up driving over an hour out of their way, which is causes us to lose customers and money. It would be nice if they could choose which app the directions are sent to.

Jamie

Great For Small online Business that have a number of drivers

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

Pros

very easy to set up, upload bulk orders/deliveries and very quick to adjust the deliveries into a smooth route. I really like the live tracking, when customer call and ask when they will get there order I can easily check the system and give the customer a realistic time frame.

Cons

It would be great if you could have an admin app for phones. when customers call me about there order i have to always go to a PC login in open the program then fine the route etc. if it was an admin phone app that can see the live routes it would be very helpful for people on the go.

As a small/medium business who has just started online sales you have to subscribed to many applications. you need to pay for online store, integration apps (zapier), Mailchimp and now for delivery a routific. when you compare routific to the other apps on the chain i spend more money on it and get the lower level (less premium version) where on my other apps i pay less but i am on higher tiers.

Onfleet

Reasons for Choosing Routific

the other program never worked, did not get my money back and overall it sucked. the other applications i saw like this were either too big and not suitable or to small and less functional,

price and functionality
Rachel
  • Industry: Events Services

Not Fake News: This App is Truly Great

Reviewed on 2021-01-26

There are a lot of disappointing apps out there in the Shopify app store and often the weaknesses are not immediately apparent, so only after trial and error and heartache does one realize the app does not meet expectations. It is incredibly refreshing to use an app that met and exceeded expectations.

Pros

With just a little figuring we were able to use Routific with great results. Easy to create driver profiles, easy to set up with orders from Shopify, easy for drivers to use.  We are a first time e-commerce site and plunged directly into making about 25 daily local deliveries in an area that spans 75 miles. All our drivers are volunteers so they had no special experience making deliveries, and I had no experience making routes. With Routific, it was so easy to select the orders in Shopify and in minutes have an optimal route. The app is browser based which the drivers really appreciated, they didn't want yet another app on their phones, and it meant there were almost no instructions I had to communicate to them. They got a text, they opened the program on the browser, and off they went. When each delivery was finished, the app checked it off and sent them to the next address. Soooo user-friendly!

Cons

It wasn't immediately obvious how to find on the dashboard the routes already created, but perhaps this was lack of familiarity as I did figure it out after a while.

Rissa
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

No words to describe how helpful and easy to use Routific is!!!

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

Our church has a large scale fundraiser two to three times per year where we make and distribute approx 1000 chicken salad lunches across our community (~25 mile radius). All deliveries must be completed in about 2.5-3 hours and everyone participating is a volunteer (no previous professional delivery experience). Traditionally we were having problems getting enough volunteers to manage the delivery due to inefficiency in travel, lack of knowledgeable directions to delivery sites, frustration faced when deliveries were not made in timely fashion. I decided we had to make a change if we wanted to continue our fundraiser. I chose Routific because of its integration with turn by turn directions, its stellar routing algorithm, the ability to publish route to phone with navigation, and ease of managing routing/driver assignments. I absolutely could not be more impressed with the way Routific allowed me to send drivers out with easy to understand routes that made sense to them and easily allowed us to deliver meals at the proper time. Every driver returned with nothing but positive comments from the experience and promised to serve as delivery driver again next time! As the coordinator and admin of the project (with no routing or delivery experience) the software was quite intuitive and easy to use. The online help docs are top notch. Use of the software was very simple to learn and implement. Thank you Routific for developing a solution that fits so well for our needs!!

Cons

Really have nothing negative about the software at all to share. It is expensive for our situation where we have two to three one day events per year but have 10 or more drivers on those three days. If your business is delivery this produce would be an absolutely cost effective investment just on the fuel and time it saves alone. Highly recommend Routific!

Davonna

• Customer Support Software

We love using this software! Great service!!!

Reviewed on 2017-07-07

Pros

The many things I love about this program include the fact that I am able to see approximately where my drivers are and know when they will make it to their next stop. I also love the signature capture feature included in the program. It helps me to prove who signed for the delivery. Being able to route many drivers at a time and not have them overlap is truly an asset. The customer service that this company provides is excellent! When I have an issue they are on it immediately. I love that my representative knows who I am and wants to deal with me. I would appreciate a photo capture feature enabled into the program to prove when something has to be left on a porch, but I feel it will be rolled out eventually.

Cons

I would say the only thing that I would like to change about this program is the cost. When I first started I felt the value for the money was great, but since the new features have been added I feel it is just a little out of the good value price range. I would like to have a flat fee to run unlimited vehicles, also.

Ryan

Happy Routific user

Reviewed on 2021-11-17

Delivery management for both wholesale and B2C deliveries has been a lot easier with Routific than other products we have used. It has saved us a lot of time this past year when our services have moved to home delivery.

Pros

Fast and easy to use. Easy to integrate with basic custom automation as well.

Cons

Pricing could be lower. The map function sometimes picks routes that don't make a lot of sense like side streets, back alleys, etc.

Sean

• Customer Support Software

Made Our Days Way Easier!

Reviewed on 2020-11-10

Fantastic! This was exactly what we had been looking for for months.

Pros

This software was a godsend. Since Covid, we have primarily been servicing our participants via delivery. For months we were trying to find an application that would be beneficial and save us valuable time and resources, so we can better serve our community. Fortunately, I received a delivery from another company that was utilizing Routific and they couldn't stop singing it's praises. We've been able to serve a greater number of people at a more efficient rate. The features have allowed for better and more in-depth services to be provided by our team. We love the fact that routes are saved and can be analyzed at a later date. And the real-time progress reports are extremely beneficial. Our drivers also appreciate the freedom to utilize any map system on the back-end. The editing tools were easily learned and applied. All in all, a great program.

Cons

The only issues we came across, were the occasions in which we had to stop what we were doing after the routes had been published and we're trying to dispatch the routes. It would intermittently ask for permissions that had already been given. Not always ideal, when we're rushing out the door. But again, this happens only once in awhile.

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

Simple and Scalable route planning software that saves you time

Reviewed on 2020-11-04

Simple to setup, simple to use. Fun and informative with the facts about bees (lots of apps miss this 'pleasure' aspect). Can highly recommend Routific for route planning for any size business.

Pros

Routific is really easy to use, especially when uploading addresses via csv. We went for a 'simple' integration approach of exporting orders from our website into csv and importing them into routific. Only brand new addresses (that aren't even on google maps yet) had a bit of difficulty - but for context, it's about 10 in every 2000 deliveries we made where we had to manually adjust those addresses.

Overall, super pleasant app!

Cons

Main missing feature would be the ability to have multiple users without needing to share a single login. And then the other feature that would be nice would be the ability to 'drop' addresses onto the map without having to rely on the address search function.

Simon

Delivering in times of Pandemic

Reviewed on 2020-04-17

Great, we've always done limited home delivery of our sourdough, but with the COVID19 lock down, demand for home delivery has sky-rocketed, and I needed a system that was quick to set up and would save me time overall.
I've been really happy with Routific, it was easy to create a CSV export from my ordering system that fed straight into the app.

Pros

Best features are the easy import from a CSV, and the fact that it remembers your data mapping for future imports. And the customer notification feature is great, it means I don't have to deal with calls.
Also, the predicted delivery times are incredibly accurate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to say deliver to location A before delivering to location B, say if we have to pick up stock from one supplier, before delivering to another customer. I can do it manually though.

blueKiwi

Ruben

• Customer Support Software

Great app and fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 2022-01-31

We operate a non-profit produce box, and we were swamped with the first pandemic lockdown. Routific gave away several months free use to non-profits doing pandemic relief and it was a lifesaver for us.

In the past we had been using Google Maps, with lots of printed paper and manual entry, and we just wouldn't have been able to handle the volume we faced during lockdown. Customer support was fast, clear and helpful as I was testing and then implementing. And it turned out our volunteers love the app and having the route dispatched to their phone.

In our network of non-profits, several others are using Routific, and we all love it. I see it being integrated with many of the farm-to-customer platforms as well.

Pros

Routific is a joy to use. We only use it weekly so we aren't power users, but Routific is thoughtfully designed and is intuitive to work with. The ease of reordering stops is great, and the drivers love the phone app so we can dispatch their routes to them.

Cons

Sometimes I check "Don't show this again" and it shows it again, so I am clicking away boxes when I am trying to work. There is nothing substantially bothersome, they have clearly worked hard on the design.

Douglas

I never give 5 stars...

Reviewed on 2020-04-04

Super happy! We needed an intuitive, plug and play solution for managing several drivers at the same time and Routific saved the day. Customer service has also been excellent and willing to work with us. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Pros

We had to pivot quickly from doing farmers markets to making deliveries after coronavirus hit. Routific ended up being a perfect solution for us, helping us manage 5 drivers and 150 deliveries all delivering on the same day. Getting set up was super intuitive and quick, and we were operationalized within an hour of creating an account. The routing algorithm isn't very customizable, but it's very easy to drag and drop stops from one driver to another, or to shift the stops around. Driver experience was very smooth as well.

Cons

Team at Routific is still adding features, so this will likely be outdated soon after writing (April 3, 2020). The interaction between the software and native map apps on the phone could use a little work. Also as mentioned, the routing algorithm is set up to basically only give out an even number of stops to each driver, regardless of length of route. It's easy enough to fix and we can ship a full manifest, exactly how we want it, with 15 minutes of work after uploading the stops.

Emanuel

• Customer Support Software

Routific is the best routing planner!

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

Pros

During the coronavirus crisis my Organization started building a network of volunteers to deliver groceries and medications to 1500+ members which are above 65 years old of our local community. With routific we found the perfect solution to our routing needs, its ease of use and modern design made planning all the stops easy, and to top it all off our volunteers can click which stops they have completed allowing us to see where they are. One of the best features is the SMS notifications allowing us to give our customers a time-window of when they can expect a delivery to occur, this helped us to stay in touch with them and get feedback easily. All in all after having gone through multiple trials of other softwares before routific I can really recommend this as a routing software.

Cons

Currently the routing is only for cars, it would be cool to be able to change the route optimization for cargo-bicycles for example. Everything else works perfectly!

Stefano

• Customer Support Software

Innovation and quality for your transport

Reviewed on 2020-06-18

I had a really good time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my Routific's consultant and has always helped me if there were problems. I am also very happy with the economic aspect; they have always been willing to discuss and meet my requests.

Pros

In a few moments the software is able to organize my deliveries. It provides very important support for my drivers.

Cons

There are very few aspects that I don't like. I would like Routific to offer me an alternative when planning tours, if some deliveries are excluded from planning due to lack of time or other problems.

Jen

• Customer Support Software

Game-changer for small scale food distribution and food relief org.

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

Brilliant. Love it. And...to top it off every bit of correspondence we've had with the Routific HQ has been fast, responsive and generous. Go team!

Pros

We love this software and are constantly discovering other capabilities that allow us to scale and manage constant changing variables (e.g. different drivers, destinations, loads, etc.). This software was a game changer for us in the Covid response. We were able to grow quickly - 6-fold in terms of capacity to distribute low cost/no cost food to four local suburbs.

Cons

It would be great to see this software integrated with the Open Food Network online platform. It could really catapult small-scale food producers, farmers and food hubs to aggregate, distribute and transport their produce and goods quickly and efficiently to markets and consumers.

In writing this...it was only that we had to do quite a bit of back end work on spreadsheets to make them integrate better with the Routific format.

Patricia
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Routific!

Reviewed on 2020-04-24

Pros

I love this software because it is so simple and easy to use. It helps us a lot with our daily runs. It's a really easy and great tool to have. Customer service is amazing. They are really committed to this product and to their customers.

Cons

There are a few things that are still missing. For example, switching an order from one date to another would be extremely helpful as some customers are not available on some dates. Also being able to select more than 1 order to unschedule it. I like to make my own runs but Routific routes them on its own and I have to unschedule them 1 by 1.