Userpilot Reviews

4.7/5 (38 reviews)
Abe C.

Great For Anyone Building A SAAS

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

We did not have an onboarding sequence in our App and customers were bombarding us with support calls for setup and silly things (mostly because they were too lazy to click around). Also, our software requires following a certain sequence of user actions (1, 2, 3, ...). Userpilot fit seamlessly and solved all these issues.

Pros

If you are building a SaaS, user onboarding is paramount and if your app does not have an onboarding sequence it doesn't look professional at all. What's worse, if you do a mediocre job at coding your sequence or use other tools out there that are not that great, it will leave a sore taste with your users. Userpilot is clean, elegant, beautiful, flexible, and very customizable. I am also using the white-labeled version which makes it look as if it is part of our app and not a 3rd party tool. Very happy with it.

Cons

That I have to wait for some of the features on their road map like the NPS (Net Promoter Score).

Reduced my churn rate by 30%

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

I am very satisfied. Their support is awesome and responsive as well.

Pros

The ease of use and flow of creating a great onboarding experience in a very short time.
We have been losing customers at a crazy late within the past 3 months, let alone all those angry support tickets we get where they are usually for silly questions. I guess it's a problem with our software. Still in the meantime, while we are updating our UX/UI, Userpilot has helped us reduce the amount of churn by at least 30%. We were also able to get the average amount of support tickets from 20 a day to less than 5.

Huge headache saver. Thanks.

Cons

I would have appreciated more templates out of the box.
Also you have a thin line between too much customization and too little. Userpilot has all the customizations one can dream of but still as normal user, you might not need them all.

Rick B.

Amazing product and company!

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month.

The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long.

If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pros

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Cons

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

Waqar A.

Improved user activation and reduced churn by almost 30%

Reviewed on 5/30/2019

Well, this tool is a complete no-brainer for any SaaS business. We were having difficulty in making the users understand different features of the product. We implemented user onboarding sequence with Userpilot and since then we have seen a MASSIVE spike in retention, Increased trial-to-paid conversion, and reduced churn.

Pros

Userpilot is a must-have for any SaaS business. It's easy to use and have a clean UI. But more importantly, the features like personalized user onboarding, segmentation, checklists will definitely help any product increase their conversions and reduce their churn.

Great customer support is also a plus!

Cons

It's a little techy at first to get it setup but once you start using it frequently, you'll get the hang of it.

Ken W.

Saves Me = Money, Time, Stress and Grief

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

Less time, stress and money spent on the phone and email support.

It paid for itself upon activation as I knew the value was going to change everything, quickly....and it did!

Pros

-Reduces the Number of Software Support Phone Calls and Emails

-Helps Increase Long-Term Customer Retention as I am able to easily point out features in my software which may not be obvious.

-Gives my software an edge - as the instant 24/7/365 interactive help gives huge value to both my students (less frustration+easier adoption and understanding) and myself (less stress, less time 1-on-1 support and more time to develop)

Cons

I like everything about this software.

Easy To Use On-boarding Software

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

User on-boarding and product adoption.

Pros

Super easy to use and the templates make your product walk-throughs look great.

Cons

Nothing was unexpected, service was great.. product works great.

Fiona A.

Powerful User-Onboarding Tool

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

I have looked at many different options in this space and while UserPilot perhaps has a little maturing to do, it is by far the best option on the market. Well done guys.

Pros

UserPilot makes it easy to create professional looking tips, flows and wizard-like instructions to help users navigate your software. Extremely customizable and default settings already look pretty good.

Cons

Because it is highly featured, there are lots of options - and perhaps not yet enough help files to explain each of them.

Valentin F.

Userpilot is an awesome tool that helps onboard your users and increases adoption.

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Pros

Its easy to use and I personally really like the UI.

Cons

I am missing a self service for the free trial.

John K.

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

Pros

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Cons

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Joshua W.

Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

Pros

The software is very carefully designed and the UX is easy to use. Installation was also quite simple. User onboarding is extremely important to us as it affects our conversion rates directly. So we are happy with how this product has helped our business grow.

Cons

Their terminology is new and needed to ping their support before I understood what a few of their labels mean. But always got fast replies.

Justin S.

Solid User Onboarding and User Upkeep

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Userpilot works seamlessly with any site and is the quickest way to get users up to speed in a logical manner and with a very polished interface. Using this tool can really reduce the number of duplicate inquiries and frustrated or confused customers. I really like Userpilot, I wish that I could use it beyond my own sites. It would be amazing for training team members how to navigate various tools that we use (I guess I have to use Loom or Fleeq for that.)

Pros

If you have a product for sale or a website that will be used it is a really good idea to have a thorough onboarding walkthrough. Userpilot is one of the best for this. It is a great way to show users, customers, clients how to use your site/product.

Cons

Can be spendy if you have a lot of users/visitors. Very comprehensive also means a bit of a learning curve, I'd like to see many more training materials/videos.

Nik K.

Excellent tool for our use-case

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

Extremely pleased with User Pilot and look forward to extending my use-cases for User Pilot!

Pros

The application is really user friendly and has a low learning curve. I use User Pilot for our new user onboarding but you could it for plenty of other use-cases to drive user adoption and engagement with your product. It took me less than an hour to create my first experience and deploy it on our production site.

The support at User Pilot is top notch and truly exceptional! They're always available to answer my questions and would readily jump on a meeting with me to troubleshoot any problems.

Cons

There were a few bugs as expected with any new offering, but nothing that their support team couldn't handle and take care of.

John R.

Pays for itself

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

My developers stopped wasting their time building a crappy, static onboarding experience and got back to building our product, while I got to experiment and play with building an awesome, optimized, always current onboarding experience.

Pros

UserPilot lets you get started building onboarding tours the moment you buy, without contacting your developers. The chrome extension lets your content creators design onboarding right on top of your site or web app, and then your developers can integrate it within minutes when it's done. Gives you total control and freedom to update it whenever you want, way easier and better than you could hard-coding it. I use it on three projects.

Cons

I do wish it had an offline mode and native app support.

Jeff B.

Great Guiding Tool

Reviewed on 11/17/2018

Overall my experience has been good and the software is solid. I have no regrets.

Pros

Easy to set up and use which means you can easily create walk through guides for your users. It also allows for several options which is a plus.

Cons

For me personally I wish the app area was a little friendly. The overall UI is ok but not great.

Hoang L.

Best for your Leads Easy to use and setup - User friendly

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Userpilot helps your leads access and learn your product easily and faster. Userpilot is easy to learn, the price is reasonable.

Pros

Userpilot helps you leads when onboarding on your product, with the help of easy setup and user friendly user interface.
I like the auto trigger features that guide your leads unlock the process of your product.

It's easy to use no coding skills needed. Love the Push hints & tips features.

User experience is great, design the group and tooltips is easy. You can create your own theme for your product.
Great experience dashboard, simple yet user friendly.

Cons

Got no problem with user interaction. Just great.

Logan H.

Beautiful, powerful, supportive.

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Pros

- Prebuilt playbooks and UI elements which helps make the process of creating user onboarding campaigns faster
- Universal themes which helps with changing global branding on the fly
- User personalization/data customization which makes user onboarding seamless to your app
- Great and fast support team which is one of my definitive lines for having a great product experience!

Cons

It's hard to come up with a con for userpilot and I wouldn't consider this a negative "con" but Userpilot is incredibly powerful so to the novice, it can be quite tedious even with the aid of their prebuilt playbooks and UI elements.

Ramon H.

A tool which does one thing extraordinary: Guiding users

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

Onboarding clients on our client portal and on our membership sites effectively.

Pros

Userpilot fits in your brand design perfectly. You can adjust any aspect of the widgets: Fonts, Colors, Corners and shadows just by pointing and clicking.

It offers different types of pop-ups to guide the users effectively over multiple pages. It is possible to enrich the segmentation data of Userpilot via script to show the users your guides just at the right time.

Cons

It isn't possible to connect Userpilot with any CRM system through pointing and clicking. The pulling of the data has to be programmed via script.

Easy to use, will help you to on-board your customers quickly

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

- Extremely easy to use. I've tested multiple user on-boarding softwares and I think Userpilot is one of the most easiest to use software available in the market.
- Very fast. Userpilot's JS doesn't cause delay in the loading. This is very important for any software experience.
- Great support. These guys are extremely helpful. I actually had a live video sharing session with one of the support person, and he fixed my problem in 5 mins.

Cons

- Some minor bugs related with the dashboard UI which I assume will be fixed soon. However, nothing serious that impacted my work.

7.0/10
Hauke H.

Reducing onboarding friction

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

Pros

It integrates well with our existing stack. We could put it "on top" and our content people could work independently from the devs.

Cons

At high loads, there was a slight lag. But I suspect that will be fixed soon.

Nice experience

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Userpilot allowed me to offer a nice onboarding to my users.

Pros

Userpilot comes with nice design and various features which I really appreciated.

Cons

Not really easy to use at the beginning. I had to do a lot of tests and reading.

7.0/10
Udit G.

Love the Software!

Reviewed on 10/27/2018

Pros

UserPilot is amazing and the founder behind the software is rock solid. I have been using this at FunnelBake and absolutely it.

Cons

Still need some better UI/UX designs and templates.

Foti P.

This is the onboarding tool we all wish was here a few years ago

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

We decreased the # of support tickets related to onboarding by 85%. That's just SICK.

Pros

I love the clean UI and the fact that it actually WORKS. Checklists, experiences, all the things Appcues charges an arm and a leg for, available at bootstrapped price ranges that any SaaS provider that values their business can afford.

Cons

It does require a bit of manual set up with your developers to pass the user attributes. So it's not just plug and play. But then again - what is??

Ian H.

The best of user guiding software

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Pros

Easy to setup and reduce direct questions from users.

Cons

So far so good, I haven't find out any problem now.

Empowers non-developers

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/26/2018

UserPilot has made it easy for non-technical folks in my team to create user workflows that guide new users as well drive product retention.

Pros

UserPilot has enabled non-developer folks in our products team to create great onboarding workflows for new users. To do this kind of work typically involved getting the help of developers and turnaround times were slow because if you wanted to iterate, you would still be reliant on a developer to help make changes on the code. The tool also allows segmentation of users which allows displaying walkthroughs based on certain specified criteria.

Cons

The styling of the modals may not gel with your product's design aesthetics, as the tool is still in its nascent stages and still needs more flexibility and variety with its design patterns.

James D.

Great tool for a great price!

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Pros

Our experience with UserPilot thus far has been a good one. New updates are always being delivered and the user interface is easy to use.

Cons

The only con at this point is that the software is still young, which means they don't have everything that competitors have. That said, as I mentioned, they are constantly adding new features and functionality.