MeasureSquare

Measure & takeoff estimating for flooring contractors

4.4/5
Customer Support Software

Chad

Measure Square Commercial Estimating software

Reviewed on 8/20/2021

Love it overall. An invaluable asset for any business involved in the estimating process as it saves time in estimating and material waste on each project.

Pros

The takeoff and estimating features are extremely beneficial when all the parameters are set up properly. This makes any changes made to the project much easier and efficient. I use the 3D feature extensively to be sure I am capturing all the products on the floors and the walls and is a complimentary aid to send the contractor/owner.

Cons

I would like to see a better wall layout when printing the Layout sheets. I would like the option to be able to print out the walls for each room laid out the same way as you see it when clicking "view wall" in the program, rather than being on the side. If I remember correctly, the older FEP programs had that feature.

David

Flexible and Diverse

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Once you get the hang of the program it's beautiful and easy to use. I've been able to do so many take-offs easily. I even use the program to confirm measurements or for personal projects not related to any take-offs. We used the program to design our own gym in the office.

The amount of fine detail I can do with this program has been fantastic. I was able to design a football field with the hash marks. And get the proper amount of material required to get the job. We haven't had any issues when using the numbers provided from Measure Square.

Pros

Flexibility - I can plug in so many different product types for diverse take-offs. I love the ability to just add a very specific product. Being able to draw very specific rooms or even designing things like football fields or personal gyms with logos.

Accuracy- Haven't had any issues with the proper amount of material being given to us. It's always been accurate

Cons

The only real con I can think of is it does take a bit of getting used to the program. It took a while before I had everything figured out.

I watched a few youtube videos and practiced a few times until I understood how to navigate and use the program. I think it's initially a little overwhelming with options.

Leonardo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

MeasureSquare

Reviewed on 8/20/2021

Pros

I really like the program, we use it to take measurements of homes by creating 2D floor plans that are exported to be finished in AutoCAD.
MeasureSquare is accurate and fast, as well as being easy to use.

Cons

The handwriting could be erased in parts, not whole.

Craig

Happy User

Reviewed on 8/24/2021

Couldn’t be more pleased with the product and service we are provided by Measure Square!

Pros

I would not go back to the the graph paper method! This is a critical tool for our field staff.

Cons

Learning all the little things the program does and implementation of them.

Nancy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Pretty good Product, but needs some tweaks.

Reviewed on 8/17/2021

Pros

Ease of Copying Room/Wall Products/Profiles--Big time-saver.
Many nice features--Like "Underlayment".
Great graphics.
I still don't know where the "Flip a Room along the X or Y axis" tool is.
It's great to have so many tools, I just don't know where to find them.

Cons

Elevation Tool difficult to use--for Grand Stairways/Auditoriums.
I'd like to see a less cumbersome method of drawing Auditorium Stairs which have all tiers covered with vinyl tile or carpet.

Rather than "nesting" various tools in "buttons" like "Shape/Edit" button, showing all of the tools singularly would be very helpful. I haven't used many of the tools because I cannot find them!

I would like to see the "Set Self-Coving" tool default to the last height entered. i.e. 6"

Manipulating cuts on SV or Carpet Rolls is a bit rugged. I'd like to see moving cuts more user-friendly.

Robert

• Customer Support Software

A 'Must-Have' for Flooring Professionals!

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

As a loyal user for many, many years I find the MeasureSquare Product invaluable. The Product saves me much needed time in creating a Project from creating Professional Quotes, Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Job Costings and especially legible Floor Plans. MeasureSquare also allows me to be incredibly organized keeping all my work digitally saved for future reference. I really cannot understand why anyone would want to do this 'old-school' with reams and reams of unfiled paperwork laying around.

Pros

How intuitive the Product really is. As you use it it becomes easier to use.

Cons

I still cannot figure out how to apply carpet baseboard to walls - like in M2 2015 Commercial.
I don't know why - it's likely there but I just can't find out how.

Neill
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best Software on the Market

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Great software. Each update improves on the last

Pros

iOS Software is easy to use. Integration with laser measurer seamless.Very forgiving isf you make a mistake to simple to correct.

Cons

Windows commercial version a bit buggy. Windows integration with laser measurer temperamental at times. Desktop version amazing. Wouldn't take the windows version on a site measure. If you make a mistake it is faster to delete the room and start again than to try and fix.

Brian
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

Measuresquare helped build our company Measureup

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

I have been using Measuresquare since the early days and the company is still asking for users opinions from both retailers, installers through to the consumers experience. This is one positive company

Pros

Measuresquare makes us money. No doubt! Ease of use and continual improvements. Measuresquare staff are enthusiastic and always keen to help.

Cons

I always heard of programs where you push one button and everything is done. I have not found one yet and Measuresquare is not one of them either. You still have to learn how to use it.

Joe

MeasureSquare vs The Old

Reviewed on 8/24/2021

Pros

We liked the forward thinking of MeasureSquare and their team, they are always thinking of better ways to utilize their software. The software we used prior to MeasureSquare was the same estimating software it was 15 years ago, MeasureSquare has improved in the two years we have been using it. They also consistently ask us for feedback and ideas on how to improve their product.

Cons

The only complaint that I have had was that the system is very robust with so many functions available, we often do not know it's capabilities.

Randall

Reviewed on 8/23/2021

Overall measure squared is an intuitive program that helps our company quickly and accurately calculate material need and layouts.

Pros

This product has a very easy learning curve, it does a good job of getting out of the way when all you want to do is focus on getting your takeoffs done. There are tips that flash on the bottom of the screen to help you with commands depending on the task you are trying to achieve.

Cons

It would be nice if it could integrate with our bookkeeping software making estimates easy.

Jamie

Estimation Excellence

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Easy to pull up an old plan if a client is wanting additions or doing staged renovations.

Pros

Very easy to use software with excellent & quick take off, back up support with 1-1 tutorials available & YouTube clips with handy tips.
Freedrawing functionality is second to none with the ability to triangulate & calculate walls which are hard to reach with a laser.

Cons

Could be helpful if there was a way to import new costings ie.. from an excel spreadsheet. Rather than having to input each item individually.

Bob

Bob R

Reviewed on 8/17/2021

Love it, wouldn't go back to paper and pencil... Ever

Pros

I like the precise measurements we get and the ability to share files with another division (disaster) to do there exactimate take-offs for insurance.

Cons

There is probably something I can't think of, but I'm sure they probably have the answer. Maybe the time it took to get proficient using it but it is was quite easy to learn. I did it with a little help from there help desk. Now I have trained the sales staff and they pick it up right away.

Andy

• Customer Support Software

I have used/tried four different estimating software for flooring and MeasureSquare is the...

Reviewed on 11/20/2017

Overall a great product with great people developing the product.

Pros

Able to complete takeoffs in a precise, efficient manner.
The door tool alone makes this product a more efficient use of time.
The customer service/technical support is really second to none as well. When we have any questions about how to do something within the software, the response time has been great. Plus, we feel that our concerns are heard in that when we make a suggestion, an update comes out that includes the suggestion we made. We appreciate how the product is constantly evolving in an attempt to make our jobs as estimators easier.

Cons

Technically, for me, the product does not allow for me to pan left/right and up/down the way that I would like to.

Kyle

Thanks MS2

Reviewed on 8/16/2021

They have been wonderful to work with. From implementation, to support, and releasing updates they are fantastic.

Pros

We love the detail you can achieve through the software. We easily create shop drawings for architects and installers.

Cons

The grout add-on doesn't work well since it deducts the area of the grout from the net area. This is especially impactful on mosaic tiles if you plug them is as say a 1x1. We stopped using the grout joint setting because we consistently under ordered mosaic tile.

Josh

• Customer Support Software

Great estimating tool, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/20/2021

Pros

I use Measuresquare mainly for estimating square footages for my take offs/bids. I also use it has a visual aid for my customers and for my installers. For me, software is very easy to use and straight forward. It's designed so that i can figure for all aspects of the job and i don't see any limitations for how i use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about this Software.

Bradley

• Customer Support Software

So far the best software I've used

Reviewed on 8/23/2021

Overall, i feel this is better then most of the other flooring software's on the market. The development team seems to make it better with each update.

Pros

It is easy to learn, use and much more versatile then many other programs.

Cons

There are some glitches. Calculations are not always reliable, such as; flash cove. Also, the software makes some assumptions that are not clear or can cause value to be under estimated.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

M2, excellent product to get your flooring business started.

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Amazing support from Tech team - if you cannot connect when you phone, they always, always call back! Estimation made easy.

Pros

The simplicity to import PDF's or create site take offs.

Cons

Not a closed system with a schedule component & accounting. No stock tracking.

Matt

Solid Product

Reviewed on 8/17/2021

Pros

I like the features and functionality and find that it measures accurately for the most part.

Cons

Trying to fit an coordinate the carpet pieces is not easy. It recalculates all of the rooms whenever you move one thing, erasing a lot of work. The mobile software needs greatly improved.

Alexandru

Measure Square for takeoff.

Reviewed on 8/17/2021

I do flooring takeoffs; the quality is ok; however, it does not rise to Callidus quality.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, and acceptable speed.

Cons

Can't divide a room after it is digitized, have to reset the "options" every time I start a session, it takes minutes to start when I open a session.

Michael

WNY Review

Reviewed on 8/18/2021

Wonderful, easy to use and the support has been terrific

Pros

The software can be job specific, you can enter material, material cost, labor cost, tax everything needed

Cons

I think somethings are missing. If you have a base material needed, you cannot add grout or adhesive to the base

Debora
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Please add to the proposal.

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Pros

i have enjoyed using Measure Square. I like the ease of using it.

Cons

I would like for Measure Square to include in the proposals a column of how many sq. ft. or yds. are in a box of material. That was very useful in the old version, and I would like it back.

Adam

• Customer Support Software

Does everything but not intuitive

Reviewed on 9/27/2021

i like it but must admit i found it frustrating getting up to speed

Pros

lots of features and can do many advanced functions from custom tile patterns to quantifying

Cons

it should be more intuitive. i upgraded from an old version took me ages to lean how to do things

Justin
  • Industry: Building Materials

A Must Have for small contractors

Reviewed on 8/24/2021

Always good. If you can't figure it out, then watch a U-Tube tutorial.

Pros

Ease of use and layout simplicity makes this product one of the best.

Cons

you can't multi page load to different tabs while in the import and scaling feature.

Bruce

Great product

Reviewed on 8/24/2021

Love it, great customer support. All around great company and product

Pros

Works great with blueprint take offs and just as smooth on site measuring .

Cons

Entering all the products in , Very time consuming. Not the programs fault, I am slow at typing.

Ted

MeasureSquare review

Reviewed on 8/20/2021

Use lots and it has made takeoffs much easier and faster

Pros

Quick takeoffs and can save to excel making it possible to take directly into spreadsheet

Cons

should be another way to show something is underneath the main product