Enumerate Reviews

Enumerate

We make it simple. We make it intuitive. We make it work.

2.8/5

Tops one review

Reviewed on 2021-05-02

Very good

Very good

Pros

I like that it is easy to maneuver to get to each platform

Cons

Too many enhancements that must be added that were not implemented from tops pro

Beth

• Customer Support Software

TOPS[ONE] exceeds our company's needs

Reviewed on 2018-03-21

I have always had an extremely good experience with TOPS from tech support to sales to management! I love the product!

Pros

TOPS[ONE] is an easy to use product. It is intuitive and has made the transition from TOPSPro to ONE a pretty smooth process. TOPS has recently upgraded their support and it is excellent. I get quick, knowledgeable help. Training was thorough. New, innovative services are continuously added. TOPS is extremely responsive to customer feedback and requests.

Cons

There are some things that aren't as easy to use as in TOPSPro, but after talking to TOPS, I have found out those things are coming in the 2nd quarter.

Melissa

• Customer Support Software

It's a trap - don't do it!

Reviewed on 2023-04-28

The worst customer service and user support ever experienced in professional service contract. Despite 2+ years and innumerable hours spent investigating, documenting and evidencing functionality issues, we've made no progress towards efficient use of the software. Every month a different software operation is "broken" by their development team as they endeavor to roll out more features despite unreliable functionality of existing offerings. High turnover in the support dept is deeply concerning. Tops/Enumerate must be just as difficult to work for as it is to work with. Support tickets often go unanswered for weeks and many are left unresolved entirely. My staff are often more knowledgeable of the software than the Support personnel assigned to the issue. It's apparent that those who are designing the code have never worked in the Association Management industry. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe our experience. From day 1, the transition from our previous software (TopsPro, the predecessor to TopsONE) was a disaster. Twice our roll out date was delayed due to failure to provide sufficient training in a timely manner. When we finally went live, we discovered that irreparable errors were made in the initial population of our data. They didn't ask questions and now we're stuck with permanent errors that cannot be amended or deleted. Since then, we've spent 100s of hours correcting data and creating workarounds.

Pros

I've been working directly with the Senior Customer Support Specialist and [sensitive content hidden] but neither lend value to improving our professional relationship despite significant effort on our part. We've met numerous times and participate in a monthly phone call to review outstanding issues but still, the situation continues to deteriorate. My team and I do not trust this software to function as intended, a considerable liability.

Cons

There are SO MANY ongoing functionality issues, but here are a few of the big ones:- No bounce back emails or delivery confirmation. They cannot/will not provide the data necessary to comply with WA state law despite repeated requests. As such, we cannot use the email function embedded in the software, which is a considerable liability and creates lots of extra work.- Collection levels and holds do not function as described. When an owner pays in full, the software is supposed to automatically release the assigned collection code but it doesn't.- Without a strong internet connection, the mobile app will not function properly. This issue isn't well addressed in the solicitation and training offerings.- Knowing and understanding all the little quirks to support full functionality is a fulltime job. If you don't have TONS of time to dedicate on an ongoing basis, this is not the software solution for you.- Glitches and minor service interruptions are expected occasionally, our response is what sets us apart. I spend more time evidencing functionality issues that it would take to fix the data myself. Support ticket response lacks basic customer service skills and display limited knowledge of the software until you get past the first few techs, which often takes 2-3 weeks. All investigation and evidence collection is imposed on the client - if you cannot prove unequivocally that the software isn't functioning, the default Support response asserts operator error.

Cathy

• Customer Support Software

This review is for Tops Pro and I have been using it for 14+ years.

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

It meets 95% of the needs for a HOA community, with many additional modules.
Has a good owner data base.
Good tech support.
Great program for the cost.
Vendor has been around for a long time.

Cons

Does not work well with large communities that have a lot of data, reports take to long to process.
Flex data fields are to cumbersome to get good reports.
Custom reports is complicated, not user friendly.

Sandy

Adequate Software for Smaller Property Management companies

Reviewed on 2019-08-05

Pros

TOPS listened to its customers and added many new features with their newest software - TOPS ONE.

Cons

Customer support is not as responsive as we needed. Many companies respond quicker to larger customers, and delay call back to small, growing companies. This is where we felt Tops fell short of our expectations.

Thomas

Not stable, unreliable

Reviewed on 2016-07-21

We purchased TOPS software almost a year ago and from day one the software has been unstable. We were sold on features that don't work, i.e. iPhone app that is no long supported, labeling pictures with date stamp or GPS data, etc. Everyone at their company has a different way of accomplishing or doing things, so every time you call, you get a different answer. TOPS GO is very unstable, i.e. can't upload pictures, can't save GPS tagging, etc.

Pros

The software has so much potential.

Cons

The desktop version is written in an antiquated software language which limited many of the data fields. The on-line version is severely limited on features.

Response from Enumerate

Hi Thomas, I am so sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your TOPS experience. I appreciate you taking the time to spell out your issues, and I wanted to address them in kind:

1) The iPhone app is no longer supported because we updated to GO 2.0, a device independent web app. Every client on the old version got a free upgrade to this version.

2) GPS encoding and time stamps for images are stored in our database, not in the image metadata. There are many apps you can get on your phone if you want it to store in the actual picture file.

3) Because of the open structure of TOPS, there is more than one way to do just about every function.

I have reached out to Stefanie, your Account Exec to call you to develop an action plan to resolve any issues you continue to have.

I also recommend you take a new look at TOPS [ONE], our brand new platform for accounting and management. It is very feature robust and sports a modern interface.

Andrea Drennen, Marketing Manager

Lona

Don't Bother with this

Reviewed on 2017-06-26

Mike Hardy please get the issues with your first program corrected and don't sell your new one so fast. You made a lot of people unhappy.

Pros

The first program is easy to use and for someone who has a hard time learning something new. That's all I have to say!

Cons

Something is always wrong with the program. A/R goes off all the time and have to fix financials. Always something wrong where you have to call support and call Trapps. They work off 2 servers. New TOPS One is a mess and they will sell you with the accounting being all wrong and more issues than the first program. They don't have the software down correctly, too busy, not the easiest to use, doesn't have everything you need because they are still working it all out. TOPS One started too fast and they aren't and still aren't ready. They shouldn't be selling it but they are worried more for money than anything. Do yourself a favor, go with another program.

Chris

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2019-07-24

Incredibly frustrating. Too many bugs with the software. Customer service is HORRIBLE! Days to a week will pass before somebody will finally return our calls about problems with the software.

Pros

Nothing....Absolutely nothing. Complete regrets choosing this software

Cons

"CCR" Need an area to separately track Compliance and Architecture Review.

Response from Enumerate

Chris,

Let me first apologize for the experience you've had, and thank you for your candid feedback. I know that since leaving this review, you've had conversations with our Director of Customer Experience, Teri Perez, as well as your Customer Success Manager, Lindsay, about your concerns with the CCR module and the expectations you have for our responsiveness.

If you're willing, we'd all like to speak with you about how the software has been working for you since this review and that phone call. If you find the time to chat with us, give me a call at our direct line, (800) 760 - 9966, and ask for the Marketing Campaign Manager, Meigan Thompson (that's me).

Again, Chris, thank you for your honesty, we appreciate the opportunity to learn from our missteps to best serve TOPS users. I hope to hear from you soon.

-Meigan at TOPS

Taylor
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Imperative software in the new remote world we live in.

Reviewed on 2022-10-06

Although it has not quite yet been six months that we've had this software, I can identify several items that this software does to make the job in the management world easier.

Pros

The ease o use nd customizable reports on the accounting side were appealing attributes for me.

Cons

Mass communications and/or eblast functions would be a little more customizable depending on the type of communication you are sending. Illustrations and/or images from different platforms would be great to be able to use.

Melanie

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2014-09-18

Pros

It's easy to use and has what we need in one software package and at our fingertips. We are able to save so much time compared to our last software. In the beginning, it seemed like we must be missing steps, because things just didn't take as long as they had in the past.

Cons

I don't like the customer support. Aside from our problems with customer support and getting things corrected, the other least favorite aspect of TOPS is not being able to modify reports and financials like I would like to. I am used to having the ability to change things and that just isn't possible with TOPS. We were told before we purchased that they are working on modifications to where we can make some changes. I really hope that happens.

James

Do Not Use

Reviewed on 2018-04-18

RUN AWAY FROM TOPS

RUN AWAY FROM TOPS

Pros

Looks nice and seems easy to use at first glance but does not really work. Search bar was about the only thing that really worked and it took a few weeks before they could make it work.

Cons

Does not work. We spent months unable to run reconciliations or generate form letters from TOPSone. No support or help to resolve basic functionality issues.

Response from Enumerate

James,
Thank you for your honest review, we are so sorry that you have had this experience.

When TOPS [ONE] was released, we became increasingly aware that the product had its merits, but our processes needed work. We’ve spent the year since its release modifying those processes to better accommodate the product and our clients, as well as making routine updates to reach feature parity with TOPS Professional. One of those updates includes the letters in TOPS [ONE], you can find it and all of our latest updates here: http://www.topssoft.com/blogs/tops-customers/topic/program-updates.

We hope that you will reach out to our support team at (800) 599 – 5689 or by creating a ticket at support.topssoft.com to let us do everything we can to resolve your issues with navigating our product. Thank you for your feedback, we are listening, and we are doing everything we can to make the changes necessary to better serve our clients.

Cassie
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Digressing company

Reviewed on 2023-07-20

Horrible and unprofessional upper management, support not capable of helping because their development team can't deliver

Pros

It's beginning as tops showed easy to use functioned and was unoriginal technology

Cons

Their customer service platform is horrific, fundamental issues with integration, upper management not capable and doesn't care. They are falling behind in technology.

Stephen

Reviewed on 2013-04-23

TOPS software is the worst association management software there is. If you call up with a system wide problem they will show you how to fix it in one community, and then tell you to do the rest. You can't reach anyone on the phone to complain about the techs either because their department is small. They will just pass you around from one tech to the next. Every time I have to call these guys, I grab the closest stress ball because I know I will be on the phone for at least 60 minutes.

If you are considering this program, please be aware! They are not customer-service oriented! They will sell you their program and then your pretty much on your own. When the vendor history in each of your communities disappears because of an upgrade, don't expect much help.

So far in 2013 I have had to call support over 35 times, not once did I enjoy the experience or leave a good review!

Response from Enumerate

Hi Stephen,

We at TOPS deeply regret that you had a negative experience with TOPS Technical Support. We pride ourselves on providing amazing customer service, so it is troubling to us when a customer feels like they are not being heard and treated with the care that they deserve.

I know that you have spoken with our Technical Support Manager several times over the course of the past month, and it is my understanding that the technical issues you were experiencing at the time of this review have been worked out. We have also added code into the program to prevent any customers from experiencing this same issue in the future.

We value your feedback (even negative!) because it brings to light areas where we can improve our service and support. We hope that we can re-earn your faith and trust in TOPS Support, and in TOPS as a company in general.

Jim

TOPS HOA management software

Reviewed on 2014-07-17

The integration from my previous software to TOPS went very well with their data conversion. The product is very easy to use and much easier to navigate to get to the function that you want than with my previous software, Asyst Data Group. I really like their violation letter tracking and generating module with the only negative being that you cannot print out just a list of homeowners that are at the fine and hearing stage. I love their work order module with the ability to track work orders by tenant. Entering and printing or emailing the work order is so easy. Being in California, I was worried about customer support from Florida but they have extended their support hours to cover the west coast. Negatives ..I wish the Expense GL printed on the vendor checks and that when you are entering invoices in the Accounts Payable module that there was a quick button to get to the payment history for the vendor you are entering an invoice for rather than having to go back to look up that vendor on a separate screen. The good news is that they are constantly listening to input from users and try to add functionality if enough users request changes. I can't say enough good things about them. They really have been a great help any time I need them!

Response from Enumerate

Jim, thank you so much for the heartfelt review. I think you will be pleased to hear that we absorbed all of the feedback you gave us, and have released a number of these requests into the product already! I encourage you to check out our product updates here: http://www.topssoft.com/blogs/tops-customers/topic/program-updates

Terri

Horrific Experience -- BEWARE

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Also be aware, that if your implementation doesn't work, they insist on keeping your implementation fees for their time. They even tried to blame me for not supplying data. I have emails to the contrary which I supplied to them. Still no refund for implementation. Horrible.

Cons

If you are lucky enough to be able to balance your accounts, be certain to look at your reports. You would think they would be correct, but they may not be. My accounts balanced but my reports showed an huge amount in million prepaid total for maintenance fees. That's only the beginning of the problems. I'm happy to provide more details.

Response from Enumerate

Hi Terri,

We’re so sorry to hear that you had a difficult time with the account balance feature in our software. We encourage you to continue to work with our support team to let them work to resolve these issues. Please reach out to them at support.topssoft.com and creating a ticket or by phone at (800) 899 – 5689.

For any problems you experienced with implementation, please contact your Account Executive by calling (800) 760 – 9966. I hope we can work together to resolve your issues so you can be completely satisfied with your TOPS experience.

Thank you so much for your continued patience, we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to find the ways our software can best benefit you and your needs.

Laura

Reviewed on 2012-03-28

As a Senior Staff Accountant with Rizzetta & Company, I've been using TOPS software for just over six years. I find the software to be very easy to use and quick to learn. I find it easy for my staff members to learn as well. In this troubling economic time for both HOA's and COA's, I find the collection table a very useful tool. When I started over six years ago we had very few owners within our associations that paid their assessment. Nowadays it's not uncommon for you to have an association with 20% or more of delinquent homeowners, so collections are now a major part of what we do. I find it great that I can customize my collection letter to find my individual associations needs.

Also, another wonderful tool that has saved us time and money is the Flex Data option in the Owner data screen. Last year we really started using this field effectively. We inputted all of our owner’s bill pay # from BB&T into this field and now have changed our collection letter to direct the delinquent payment to the lockbox instead of coming to our corporate office. By having the payment go directly to the lockbox this is saving our accounting staff time because we don’t need to manually enter the payment. It saves the delinquent owner a week in processing time for that payment to post to their account. Like any software there are issues, but I really want to say that the software support we receive from TOPS is truly top notch.

Wendy
  • Industry: Law Practice

TOPS [ONE} Overview

Reviewed on 2021-11-09

I am enjoying the ease and accessibility offered through the TOPS [ONE] program. It makes my workflow more quickly.

Pros

I like that I can secure the information I need to process our files in different formats. As we work with a property manager for several HOA communities, I have the ability to access crucial information for our legal processing for all communities in one program. I was able to easily navigate myself through the system and updated information is available daily for all communities.

Cons

So far, there has been no downside. I tend to input too much information and am learning that the system is able to provide the information I am seeking with only 1 search criteria. It amazes me how quickly the sought information is at my fingertips.

Morgan

Reviewed on 2012-01-16

Hello my name is Morgan and I am the Administrative Director of Elite Management Group, we are a Homeowner and Condominium Association Management firm. We are a small business with high demands, and the expectation of high quality service to ensure we are providing our clients with top-notch programs. We like to think we hit it out of the park when we chose to take on the TOPS family. We were using a similar web based system that had a terribly slow turnover process that, at most times, left us with a frozen screen. However, none of that happens with the TOPS Professional 4.0 software (we did start with the version prior to 4.0).

We not only depend on TOPS Software everyday to preserve and keep our Homeowner information secure and functioning but we also depend on there staff to continue to knock out awesome tools that better help us serve our clients in the property management industry. We are new to the TOPS family having used TOPS for only a couple of years, but we are never disappointed with the software and staff. The useful and easy to navigate toolbars and tutorials allow us to quickly train new staff members, which therefore allows us to get back to our clients quicker! I have yet to be disappointed with the service and quality of the product. Keep up the hard work!!!

Robin

Reviewed on 2012-03-08

We are a financial services company that works with different management companies and self managed associations. We act as their "Accounting Department" to allow management companies to avoid the overhead of an accounting department. We were using Avgar since we started the company in 1995. Since it stopped being supported, after being sold to Jenark, we started looking for different software that would grow with us and help us grow. We spoke to Andrew, did a Demo and liked what we saw.

We started our conversion in December 2010 and finally completed all 300 associations as of the end of December 2011. We wanted to make sure we were completely used to the new software before bringing all of our clients on. It has been a slow process, but all of the people we have worked with at TOPS have been exceptional. The Tech support group is great answering all of my dumb questions. The conversion coordinator is wonderful. And Andrew is always there for us. Every time I tell a prospective client that we are on TOPS, they are impressed. I would recommend this product for anyone wanting an integrated package.

Coreen

Reviewed on 2012-03-08

I am the office manager/accountant for Lake Sherwood Estates Association, which is a 1300-acre lake community in MO. We are very unique in that we are a homeowners association with both lot owners (aprox. 480) and lot owners (aprox. 1400), who use us as a recreational/vacation community. We have a 24-hour a day guarded gate where residents and lot owners call in all their guests. We have 6 lakes that we rent docks, parking spaces, and rack for boat storage. We also own and operate our own water system. We read, enter all metered information, and then bill our residents monthly.

TOPS is one of the very few options of software that allow us to manage all of this information and accurately bill our members. It has been a learning process, but software support is always extremely helpful!!! They take our recommendations seriously and work towards making the product more efficient for us as an organization. We are thrilled we found TOPS! It has saved our organization a tremendous amount of time and for that we are thankful.

Margaret

TOPS has glitches

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

Tops can hold a lot of information, and there are numerous sections for various information

Cons

Certain parts of the program are very slow and you can not import/export

Lynda

Tops is almost there

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

I like that it's easy to navigate and I can export some reports.

Cons

The time it takes to run reports.
It's not compatible with other programs we have to use.

Nicolas

TOP Speed Software

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

The software is not web-based and can slow down the network.

Tejas

Reviewed on 2013-06-18

Our experience utilizing TOPS software for our association management business has been nothing short of wonderful. From owner database management, to work order management, to the accounting module and reporting, the software is just what we need to conduct our operations efficiently.

Utilizing their hosted solution has also been a great move for us, as it cuts down on server costs whilst improving server performance.

Customer service is helpful and responds quickly to our needs, something which we found was missing in the competition. I would especially like to thank Teri P. and Chris P., but also the entire team at TOPS for superb service.

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

Excellent products from an excellent company with excellent service

Reviewed on 2014-11-24

Pros

The product meets all of our needs and then some. The mobile add-ons allow for field efficiency and ease of use. Support has been top-notch. All of their reps possess superior customer service skills and are very attentive and thorough. Everyone makes us, the customer, feel most important.

Cons

We would like to have a more flexible report writer. With the SQL database, maybe the future holds good news for that request.