busybusy

4.6/5

Taylor
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

So simple to use! Finally an app all my techs don't complain about!

Reviewed on 5/22/2018

Less headache when payday comes around!

Pros

The time card reports, they make doing payroll so much quicker! Easy to find, easy to read!! Also the break tracking feature. I'm not hunting down technicians anymore to ask them if they took a break, it's right there at my fingertips when I'm ready to process payroll :)

Cons

Very rarely, but its happened a couple of times, I've been logged out of my app on my phone. Nothing too frustrating, I log back in and I'm back in business!

Response from busybusy

Thanks so much for the kind words, Taylor. We are thrilled to hear that software is working for you so well.
-DH

Brad

• Customer Support Software

Good product for time management and digital reporting

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

Pros

Easy to clock in and out. I like that you can create reports and upload photos directly to the reports. I like the ability of supervisors to assist the workers in clocking in/out and switching between jobs throughout the day just in case they forget. I like that the mobile progress reporting platform allows you to make line breaks without making entirely new notes.

Cons

It can sometimes take a long time to load notes and daily progress reports on the mobile platform resulting in wasted time, and sometimes my phone will even time out and lock itself while waiting for the reports to load. I'd like to see faster load times, but perhaps if you could add an option to keep the phone awake like some other apps do I could at least stop having to tap the screen every 15 seconds or so to keep it from locking.

Chase

• Customer Support Software

My busy busy app won't work occasionally if I don't have data.

Reviewed on 5/25/2018

I can clock in early in the am before my formen gets to the job site. I can analise my hours from my home without having to log onto a separate website. The app allows me to change jobs while on my way to the next job. The app also slows me to keeps track of hours for individual types of work on each job site.

Pros

I can clock in and out from my phone. Going on lunch break is when I can just click a button on my phone. I can clock in before my formen shows up. I can analise my time from my home.

Cons

It doesn't load sometimes. Occasionally when I clock out the app says I'm clocked out but doesn't register and keeps the time rolling making more work for my formens.

Response from busybusy

Hi Chase,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you are able to analyze your time from home and how easiy it is for you to manage your time on busybusy. Do you hard close the app when you are done using it? The app runs in the background for a few minutes processing new information. If you hard close the app too soon, you can stop it in its tracks and wont complete the task. We recommend waiting a few minutes to hardclose the app.

Payal

Good Service

Reviewed on 10/17/2022

good

Pros

Time tracking with job costing and weekly payroll that we can customize.

Cons

need more information for communication with employees as one team

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to busybusy

meet our requirements most of them.
Meredith

• Customer Support Software

Overall a great timekeeping and reporting tool for your business

Reviewed on 10/27/2022

Pros

Busy busy is a very easy program to use on a day to day basis. It has a functionality to support many types of employees (Feild workers, trucks/delivery drivers, office). As both a user and an administrator I can attest to the ease of use and its user friendly functionality

Cons

We as a company have used busy busy for many years and have used a few versions of this program as they have gone through updates over the years. In the last update there was a feature or two that I felt was lost when most reports were encapsulated in the "legacy reports" specific job perchance and job costing reports by specific project that I can no longer access.

Miranda

• Customer Support Software

Essential for construction site time management

Reviewed on 11/17/2022

Pros

We love how easy it is for not only administrators but also for employees to use. We use the geolocation and GPS to remind employees to clock in and out; which in turn, makes for more accurate time cards.

Cons

It wasn't hard for us to start using this program or even for us to integrate it into our time management. I admit we don't use all features and functions because upon initial signup we had specific needs and didn't look at the other functions. Now, I need to make the time to explore more than the few functions we use to see how we can benefit even more from this software.

Laurie

Great product

Reviewed on 11/20/2022

Very good, employees like using their phone rather than a paper timecard

Pros

Getting timecard information in a timely manner

Cons

Since I prefer to do my work from a desktop computer, I have to move it to my laptop when traveling. That involves a call to customer service (which is fabulous), but it is time consuming and if I forget it work sync with QuickBooks. Also, if I don't sync busybusy with QuickBooks at least every 2 weeks I will loose information.

shannon

• Customer Support Software

good way to track employees, happy we have this app

Reviewed on 11/22/2022

saves time

Pros

much easier to do payrollIndvidual's clean up their own time sheet by checking daily using an app is the modern way of doing business

Cons

dont like that hourlys have to punch in and out for lunch, total of 4 punches per day, should have the option to default to auto punch 30 mins minimizing the punches to 2 per day instead, just in and out, to avoid admin from constantly making tedious corrections.4 punches daily is overkill

Adam

• Customer Support Software

ease of use, have all the feature for a great time capture system

saving on payroll processing

Pros

apps for phone and tablet
export to some accounting software
possibility to use cost codes
track equipment time

Cons

missing a scheduling function
app for phone is not totally stable all the time
could get a task manager function

Response from busybusy

Hi Adam,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
Love to hear that you've found cost codes and equipment easy to use and useful!

Thanks for the feedback regarding those features you'd like to see! I'll reach out to you directly for more information on what you'd like to see.

-ZL

Debbie

Office Admin

Reviewed on 11/28/2022

good

Pros

Syncs with QB for time keeping and job costing

Cons

Charges for admin role to access. you charge for each employee. Admin should be FREE to access reports (1-2 people)

Chelcie

Combination of benefits for General Contractors and the like -

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

I was very hesitant to try Busy Busy (or any sort of time tracking for that matter). It was actually at the request of my husband. I really drug my feet. However, while setting it up and working on the integration part of the set up I could not believe how helpful, accessible and knowledgeable the employees were. What could have been a real pain in the you know what actually turned out to be super smooth and easy. And now I get the bonus of quick payrolls and any sort of employee/job reporting I want in a matter of minutes. I'm a huge fan!

Pros

The most beneficial being able to do payroll on payday as soon as your employees clock out. I can have payroll done before they even arrive to the office for their paycheck. I can then run a job/time report in QB and bill our customers for the hours, down to the minute, with descriptions of what the employee has done. At the end of the quarter I run a similar report monthly and quarterly which helps me to calculate taxes. There are so many ways to use the imported information. It has saved us so much time and our customers love the detail!

Cons

I WISH I could figure out how to get the "Description" information (in "Job Details") to transfer over to QB. It would give our customers just that much more information on exactly what our employees are doing.

Linda

BusyBusy for the Busy Manager

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Coming from the time clock era, my overall experience with BusyBusy has been excellent. We had a need for additional time keeping in our company and we found BusyBusy on Google Play. It was one of the best business decisions we have ever made. Its easy to use, has multiple features and reports that are necessary to track my employees. I love BusyBusy.

Pros

What I like most about BusyBusy is the access. You can log in at anytime so, their are less chances of an forgetting to log in time. Busybusy has great management features that make recording keeping a breeze. BusyBusy knows what the customer needs and will upgrade and adjust when necessary. BusyBusy support gets back to you pronto so you are never kept hanging. All questions are answered and all problems are resolved....that I like.

Cons

What I like least is that if you are not a supervisor and you need to add another employee you are unable to do so. What I have to look forward to is that BusyBusy will resolve this issue in the very near future.

Response from busybusy

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your great review. We are glad its super easy for you to manage your team's times.

You can set custom permission levels in the Pro version of our site to allow employees to add other employees to your company without editing their times. :)

I hope this helps,

JC

Beverly

• Customer Support Software

A good value for the buck

Reviewed on 7/25/2022

The problems we are solving involve employee hours. They can't sign in until they on site. That was our original purpose in signing up for this app. We have found other good uses such as seeing where the truck is when needed, and for me personally, I can see which employees are on the job and where they are.

Pros

I like how intuitive the program is. I like that, as the administrator, I can set the rules in the settings. I love the QuickBooks integration. It imports directly into the "Enter Time" part of QuickBooks. I like the customer support. They are quick to respond.

Cons

There are aspects of the software that I would never have noticed except via customer support like being able to sort by last name instead of first name, and payroll mapping. If I don't have everything correct, it won't import that employee hours.

Sukhdeep

• Customer Support Software

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and...

Reviewed on 5/24/2018

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sukhdeep,

Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature.

I hope this helps,

Tammy

Great Service

Reviewed on 5/29/2018

As stated before, it gives those of us who work away from the home office, the ease of being able to clock in and out and electronically sign our time cards.

Pros

I think it's a great service, especially for those of us that work out of state or are otherwise away from our home office and can not clock in and out the old fashion way! Being able to electronically sign your time card is another valuable feature. Also, I love that I can work from home and still be able to clock in and out.

Cons

I have not found anything about this program that I don't like. As for the question about cost above, that I can't say, because I do not pay for the service, but from an employee stand point, who uses it on a daily basis I think it's great!

Response from busybusy

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you like the electronic signatures and clocking in remotely via the app. Does make things much easier. Please let us know how we can be of any service.

Melissa

Time Solution

Reviewed on 8/15/2022

Over the years BusyBusy has improved and has brought some additional features that are useful.

Pros

BusyBusy is very easy to use and affordable. It has continued to improve over the years.

Cons

The cons are no longer cons. When we originally starting using BusyBusy the week start date didn't match our payroll period, this has been changed and is no longer a con. The only con now is, I wish there was a way to export the payroll that could just be imported to our payroll software. We have too many rules and exceptions so this is not a true con of BusyBusy.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

I have had nothing but a great experiences. I enjoy using these app to keep track of my time.

Reviewed on 5/22/2018

Pros

I like that your most used options are saved for future use. It makes it easier and faster to go through and put in your time every day. Only using a few clicks and your all done. I also like that it list the day of the week and the date when putting in your time. It makes it easier for me so I don't have to remember just the date. It is easier to remember the day of the week and how many hours I worked.

Cons

I don't like how you put in the time you clock in and out. It would be easier if I could set up options so that the system always has the same start time that I start at. Currently it starts at 9 and ends at 5. My work day starts and 7 and ends at 3. If those times were preset and saved it would make it a lot easier for me to my time in.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the review. It is totally possible for your company to set up a default start and stop time for everyone in the company. This is done through the web by going to Company Settings > Time Keeping > Default Entry Times. From there the admin can set what time you start and end the day.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Best time tracking service

Reviewed on 8/18/2022

An amazing experience. We are beyond happy that we found busy busy and it has truly made the way our office runs a lot smoother.

Pros

It is very easy to use and integrates with QuickBooks which has been a huge timesaver come payroll and billing time. It is very cost effective, employees pick up how to use it very easily and fast so not a lot of time is spent training on use of the software.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have more codes that integrate with QuickBooks, such at vacation time or holiday pay, rather than just hourly and overtime.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Great overall! Saves us time and money in many aspects of our business.

Reviewed on 5/22/2018

Pros

Eliminates the paper time cards. Saves time running payroll. Easy to job cost from reports. Easily check and verify that employees are where they are when they say they are. Customer service is great and they are always willing to help out and do it quickly.

Cons

During our slow months we go back and do an in depth review of all the jobs including labor hours and materials and it would be nice to be able to better organize archived jobs in to years completed. The more years we use it the more complicated it will get.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. Currently in your reporting, you can view the data by a given time range. This would help you see each year broken down.

Danielle

Efficient Commercial Concrete Time Clocking Software

Reviewed on 8/26/2022

Busybusy has been a company that we have never encounter an issue working with and that has made overall experience excellent

Pros

BusyBusy for our company has allowed the employees to have an simple, understandable and easily correctional app at their fingertips for all their time clocking needs. This feature has helped our company complete and process payroll in a more effective and time matter.

Cons

One con I have found with the software is it allows employees to clock in while already clocking in causing a little timecard confusion.

Austin
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Pretty easy to use and simple platform. Issue I have is the time card entries is kind of...

Reviewed on 5/24/2018

Just the ease of accessibility to your time clock and hours.

Pros

The ease of access and on demand portable service that the busy busy application provides is awesome. Very easy to keep track and double check hours.

Cons

The time card entries section is kind of confusing because of the setup. I work nights occasionally so instead of keeping the entry times in the same box and just showing the time entry dates and keeping the total entry time for that shift.

It splits it into 2 boxes and entry dates, completely splitting the total time for that shift. Sometimes it doesn't register immediately either so you can't view your hours for the second day of you your shift till you clock out.

Response from busybusy

Hey Austin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad its easy to keep track of your hours. The system will split your time into two entries if your work day goes straight into the next. The reason this happens is because the app's time is based off of 7/24 hour time periods.
I hope this information helps,

Coy

• Customer Support Software

the app is great so far, i know some of my employees have some issues with a couple things.

Reviewed on 5/25/2018

Pros

the tracking of guys time is super easy. the app is easy for guys to use to clock in and out. i like that you can group together jobs under general contractor and the have jobs under that.

Cons

the reporting side is a little wierd. i wish we could combine the old busy busy with the new so we can track our jobs in one system and not have to bounce between the two.

Response from busybusy

Hi Coy,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I'm glad to hear the sub projects have been useful for you!

I'm interested to know what information you're pulling from busubusy classic. I'll reach out so we can discuss that further, I may have some solutions for you.

-ZL

Mindie

We love Busy Busy!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2018

Pros

I really like that most our guys can understand how to use it. I also like that with the version we currently use we can go between companies without individually logging out and back in.

Cons

We have to update our current version this week and I was told we will no longer be able to log in and have access to all our companies. I'll have to individually log into to each company. So I really won't like how inconvenient that will be.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the kind words and rating, Mindie. You should be able to access all of your accounts within the app. It will remember your logins, unless you log out.
-DH

Erik

• Customer Support Software

Simple user interface with lots of customization

Reviewed on 5/23/2018

better tracking of time

Pros

I like the app and desktop ease of use. The geotags are nice. the customer service has been fantastic.

Cons

The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize.

Response from busybusy

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you like how easy it is to use the software. I would like to meet with you online to further discuss how you would like to see the reporting feature enhanced and document this. I will be reaching out directly to you.

Thanks again,

Jake

• Customer Support Software

I enjoy using busy busy to track my hours

Reviewed on 5/29/2018

Pros

Ease of use to use the software. Clocking in for work is so easy and I feel like it is a very good thing for my employers to keep track of all the employees in the office and yard. Time tracking is easy because we can add in as many projects as needed and you can switch from job to job with no problem. I also like you have to sign your time card to verify that your work said hours and that you were not hurt.

Cons

I don't think I really have any dislikes. The only problem I see with the software is as a user not an administrator I can't add jobs in case I am doing a random job or a side job. I don't like that if I forget to clock in I don't have access to go back. I guess this is a good way to make sure employees aren't cheating the system. I also see an issue that if an employee does not have a smart phone they would have to go to a computer and clock in which isn't always accessible. I think it also would be cool to have our employers have access to pay role material so we can see our deductions and the information for pay.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review, Jake. We appreciate the feedback. You will have to contact your admins to give you permissions to add jobs. Be sure to check out the time based reminders to help with forgetting to clock in.
-DH