PushPress

Gym management & billing software suite

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Michael

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/13/2018

Pros

Simple, elegant, & easy to use.
Designed for the gym owner in mind.
Quickly access everything in the software.
Always working, zero downtime.
Integrations with every type of platform that you need in your business.
Great for CrossFit Gyms/Affiliates.
Amazing customer support that's super quick response time.

We use this in my gym, CrossFit COMO since 2015!

Cons

This isn't really a huge issue and majority of people wouldn't use this, but a customizable dashboard would be a nice feature!

Matthew

Great System

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

Great software and easy to use. Transferring members over from mindbody was so easy and the team at Push press helped me every step of the way.

Pros

The ease of use and the great customer service. I originally switched from mindbody and will never go with another system. Anytime i have an issue i receive. A response Whittington hours, not days as with mind body.

Cons

Wish is synced with constant contact. I do not use mail chimp and that would be awesome if i could get the contacts to sync with constant contact.

Reasons for Choosing PushPress

Mindbody customer service is dreadful. It took days to get answers and when you do get a response you usually don’t talk to someone that can help you and they have to transfer you over to someone else. Plus their system is not user friendly. Many members had multiple accounts and no one could help fix the issue.

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

I heard negative things about wodify, in fairness I personally never sued their system.

Response from PushPress

Thanks, Matthew! This is exactly what we want to hear. We're happy you made the switch and even happier that we could support you through the process. Regarding Constant Contact, we might have a solution for you using our current Zapier integration...reach out to our support team for more guidance.

Samantha
  • Industry: Sports

Adequate product

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

Pros

There is a lot of information, the reports are useful.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy, there are more clicks than needed for a lot of things. The app could definitely be streamlined.

Response from PushPress

Hey Samantha, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you find the reports useful, but we want to make sure we're meeting all your needs. Please reach out to our support team via intercom with your concerns, and we'll see what we can do. Thanks!

Jerry

Amazing App with great features

Reviewed on 3/31/2020

I love that I can use 1 app to manage my clients, classes, invoicing, sales and also appointments it makes things a lot easier then having to use multiple apps.

Pros

I love the features available with the application, the ability to not only manage members but also their invoicing, payments, ability to self serve as well as the add on features such as check in app, sales app and the class screens app.

Cons

Unfortunately I have found a number of bugs or quirks within the app. Most of the time the team has been great to work on them and resolve only a couple outstanding items but I wouldn't completely blame Pushpress, part of it is integration with Google calendar.

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

I liked the UI, the ease of use, even though it is feature reach there were not too many features that most users wouldn't use so it was just the right mix of features and function.

Response from PushPress

This is great to hear! We're constantly working to make the app the best it can be, so we always appreciate feedback. Thank you, Jerry!

Eric

PushPress Review

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

We are able to work ease set up our processes for a better business. I have able to track the metrics each day/week/month to further grow my business.

Pros

I love the ease at which my PARISI can set up everything needed for customers. We can send out waivers, transaction requests as well as follow up in a timely fashion to anything our clients needs.

Cons

I would say nothing had even crossed my mind agony what is wrong with the software. I feel their is no weakness!

Reasons for Choosing PushPress

Just was not meeting our needs!

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

Just was a better fit with Push Press and the customer service was OUTSTANDING!!!

Response from PushPress

That's great to hear, Eric! With everything gym owners have going on, remembering to respond to clients can be a challenge. I'm glad we're able to help!

Cara

• Customer Support Software

We just switched to PushPress and we love it!

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I love the daily update emails I get about transactions, birthdays, expired memberships etc. It were also so easy to switch from our old program to this new one.

Cons

There are still a few bugs to be figured out, but the customer support is so efficient and helpful that everything has been taken care of quickly.

Response from PushPress

Thanks, Cara! We're glad that you're enjoying your experience with PushPress. We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations!

Gretchen

Push Press

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

We are a small fitness studio and the software is plenty robust for our needs. I imagine as we grow, we will grow into some of the other features this program has to offer. Billing, scheduling, website, member app, have all been fantastic for us so far.

Pros

Very intuitive. Handles all the functions that I need it to for our small fitness studio. Interface is clean, easy to navigate. The response time for any help or support is very quick too.

Cons

Nothing so far, still consider myself a newish user:)

Wodify and Zen Planner

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

It was the simplest and easiest to use that I found during the shopping around process. I felt like the support and guidance were far superior to the others.
Marcus

• Customer Support Software

Overall, PP has been a great, easy tool for our business to track numbers, members, inventory.

Reviewed on 3/27/2020

Great for tracking monthly business numbers and products sales

Pros

Push Press is easy to manage and provides great respires that we utilize daily.

Cons

Inability to print reports & not being able to email certain groups of people vs. everyone.

Reasons for Choosing PushPress

We were most of the tracking (numbers, members) ourselves.

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

One of our coaches recommend

Response from PushPress

Thanks for the review, Marcus! We're stoked that your coach referred you and that we've been able to make a positive impact on your business. Stay tuned for future communication improvements!

Troy

PushPress for the WIN

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

Good experience, they provide good value.

Pros

Easy to use, lots of integrations and all the website stuff is awesome.

Cons

Reservation cut off times only have limited options.

Response from PushPress

Thank you, Troy! We're big on not just being another software system...we really do want to build relationships with gym owners. Thanks for joining the team!

Christina

Great company

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Overall experience with this company has been fantastic I recommend them to anyone

Pros

This is easy to use absolutely love it.!!

Cons

Some of the phone features are a little difficult but it is also understandable

Response from PushPress

We appreciate you, Christina! Your recommendation means a lot...thanks for joining the team!

Sommer

Worth it!

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

This programmed has allowed me to integrate purchased programming and save so many hours! Love the app for clients, super easy to navigate!

Pros

I love how this integrated with SugarWOD and it's ease of use.

Cons

There are a few features lacking on the reporting and invoicing side.

Zen Planner

Available features, price

Reasons for Switching to PushPress

Ease of use, intuitive layout

Response from PushPress

Sommer - thank you so much for the feedback!

Make sure to drop some suggestions to our Success team - so we can try to understand where we're lacking for reporting and invoicing. Our mission is to nail it across the board and would love to understand.

Jon

PushPress FTW!

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Our overall experience with PushPress has been fantastic. We switched over from one of their main competitors and we have absolutely no regrets. It's a great tool to have for members, especially with the Store and Check-in apps as well. It makes for a somewhat flawless introduction for new members coming into our gym.

Pros

The new PushPress smartphone app is very easy for our members to use. They can sign up for classes, see who is in each class, and even add a profile picture so it's easy for people to put a 'face to the name.' We also love the fact that we can send out 'landing page' forms to any prospective members to sign up as a lead, for an intro, or for a membership. We can also add a discount and they can visibly see the discount is being applied which is great!

Cons

What I liked least about the software has already been taken care of in the latest app updates: 1) Our members wanted to see who was in what class and that has been resolved with the new software update; 2) We wanted a waitlist because a lot of our weekend classes fill up and there's no way to see if anyone else is interested in the class, but again that is currently being tested in the app before the release; 3) We really hope they implement timing out of classes soon. For instance if no one is signed up for the 6:30pm class by 5:30pm, the class will automatically be cancelled so the coach and athletes will know.

Aimee

Love this software!

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

Pros

We have been with Push Press for our gym management software since it was in beta. It does absolutely everything I need it to do and makes running the gym much easier. Every year the software has added new features. The company is very responsive to the needs of the gyms that use it and the customer service is amazing. Highly recommend

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now

Wodify and Zen Planner

Response from PushPress

Aimee, thanks for being a PushPress OG! We couldn't be happier that you've stuck with us and we're excited to see how far we can go. Thanks for your support!

Jonathan

Best Management System Out There

Reviewed on 9/6/2018

Push Press offers every major report you could ever find valuable. The dashboard has everything you need right away to do a quick check on what you need to know for the day. The check in in awesome letting you know who registers, who checked in and who didn't. Everything I can possibly want is in this system.

Pros

We have used two other big name management systems at our CrossFit gym. When we had the opportunity to try Push Press we took a chance because we did nit love our system at the time. Rep and his team have exceeded our expectations. The system they developed has thought of everything. Dan even met with me and my husband when we happened to be in the area of his gym and just talked about what we need and what could make the system better. The team is quick to respond with any question and that is super important to us. They are always finding ways to make our lives better and better.

Cons

I know that cons are valuable to help you improve, but I can honestly say I cannot think of one.

James

• Customer Support Software

PushPress has packaged a very powerful platform into a simple and easy to use solution.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

I've been able to remove myself from most of the day-to-day admin, since members can self-manage most of their issues through the apps. This has freed up hours from my day to devote to growing the business.

Pros

The simplicity. Once the system has been set up, there is very little maintenance that needs to be done with the software. Getting members into the system with a membership is fast and simple. This allows me to spend the time getting to the member, instead of doing admin for the member. It just works.

I also love the dedicated apps. They take a load of my staff and there is less need to have a staff member managing a front desk. These apps make it easy for members to self manage scheduling, checking in to classes, and purchase.

The overall look and feel of the system is elegant. It isn't cluttered like other management solutions (MBO, Wodify, etc). We've had nothing but compliments from our members since the switch!

Cons

I would like to see more controls on how to communicate with members and clients. I would like to be able to customize the messages on automated emails.

Jess

PushPress

Reviewed on 9/19/2019

I appreciate being able to manage the gym when I'm not there.
Keeping track of memberships and payments

Pros

I like the ease of using it.
Anytime I have an issue the crew is always quick to help and fix it.
I appreciate the cost. I have a small affiliate and the cost is affordable​.

Cons

I wish there was an app versus having to use the website.
I would like to see ACH it has been promised for years with no follow-through.
Cleaner landing page links
During my busiest times I feel that my check-in process and the laptop​ is slow and it take a lot​ of time for it to load or it doesn't load and then I'm having people sign in on a piece of paper. This creates more work for me.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jess! This type of feedback is always useful. We just spent some time working on a fix for the check-in app slowness, let the support team know if you're still experiencing difficulty. Also, ACH is currently live in beta...reach out to support to get into the next cohort. It will be open to everyone in the next 30 days. Thanks for your patience!

Shawn

The Push Press experience

Reviewed on 3/26/2020

I used another product before I discovered Push Press and it was not this easy to use. Overall I’m am pleased with the proactive attitude of the push press team and product.

Pros

User friendly, able to complete set up for clients keeps track of members contracts nice store set up for additional revenue while tracking your products. Customer service is top notch within five to ten minutes you get a response from the push press team

Cons

Understanding some of the financial reports. Sometimes it takes homework and diving into the financial reports to get the information needed monthly or annually.

Response from PushPress

Thank you, Shawn! Our customer success team literally races each other to see who can answer first! I'll pass along your comments about the financial reports, thank you for the feedback!

Jaime

Pushing PushPress

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Overall, PushPress makes running a gym significantly easier. Automated memberships alone are worth the time saved to run memberships.

Pros

-automation
-customer service
-cyber security

This software allows for quick charges on items, event setup, attendance tracking, and member communication among other things. I appreciate the automatic drafting of memberships which takes the thinking out of the equation so I can focus on my actual business.

Cons

-membership cancellations
-could use a point of sale device
-cost per transaction

Memberships cancelling is tough to navigate at times. It would be convenient to have a device for sales similar to the Square System.
Personally looking forward to a less expensive option for transactions.

Ryder

• Customer Support Software

PushPress is by far the best CRM software for CF available

Reviewed on 4/7/2020

Awesome. It makes running my gym easier by allowing my staff to operate a user friendly system.

Pros

Customer Service is immediate with responses and resources for me to achieve my goals. I speak with the CS team multiple times a week and every single time, each and every one of the does a ELITE job.

Everytime I see a complaint about a gym CRM on the Affiliate Owner page... I usually chuckle because I never have whatever problem they are having.

Cons

Not many, i have several tickets for suggestions I have submitted over the years. Many have actually been incorporated into updates... that's pretty cool.

Preston

Great Product

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Overall the product is easy to get around and can provide, not only ease of use with products, payroll, and member accounts, but accurate information on member consistency and growth.

Pros

This software allows our gym to easily manage memberships. We can see our new leads, who has been showing up, to the gym, and who we need to reach out to to provide a better service and get them back in the gym. We can easily add new products for members to purchase via the product page. There is also a very seamless payroll system in place as well which makes getting paid the correct hours very easy.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that there isn’t a seamless way for members to log themselves in for the day through a partnering app such as SugarWOD. I have to manually enter names and check members in.

Stephen

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

We are seeing more traffic than ever due to the enhanced user experience. The days of paper waivers, emailing with drop-ins and potential members are long gone.

Pros

This software has fully automated my CrossFit affiliate. We are able to do everything needed with it. It has transformed our retail point of sale which used to be a pain for members. We have been able to run better reports, setup events, and it integrates with all of our existing communication tools (slack, mail chimp, etc). Their customer service is fast and prompt to resolve any issues or problems you might have.

Cons

The PushPress team is constantly updating to make the platform better so there can be some features that are not fully functional for very short periods of time. It has not been an issue for our day to day operations. My only suggestion would be a staff app so it isn’t just browser based for employees and managers. I’m sure this is in the pipeline.

Ben

• Customer Support Software

One of the most customer centered options for gym software

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

The cost of PushPress is phenomenal compared to other platforms, and they truly focus on and care about each individual customer in making a product that fits their clients needs.

Pros

I love the team behind PushPress and the ease of use the product they put out! PushPress is dedicated to making a top tier product that is both easy to use and easy to customize with their integrations.

Cons

As they are a growing company, there can be some features that you have to wait on or you may need to do a workaround to accomplish your goal, but it at least can be done and it can be done without the complexity of other softwares.

John

• Customer Support Software

Push Press allows me to spend more time coaching, and less time in front of a computer.

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

Pros

Push Press saves me so much time and money. If I didn't use Push Press, I would have to hire another coach and a full time front desk / admin employee.

Reps and the rest of the guys at Push Press are really on the ball when it comes to customer service and customer care. I can tell they really care about the success of my box and are ready and willing to help in any way possible.

I will never leave Push Press because Push Press gets better every single day! The Push Press team is dedicated to being on the forefront of technology, integration, and simplicity.

Cons

There is nothing to note. I have had no issues with Push Press. The software has never failed me and the support team is always ready to help.

Steffany Tilton

Review for Pushpress

Reviewed on 10/31/2018

We are doing our damndest to automate and keep track of purchases, billings, schedule, client information, etc in one place. If we could add options like "keep track of member stats", workouts, programming logs, body measurements, etc, that would be a one-stop-shop of BRILLIANCE!

Pros

I love how user-friendly the software is, the customer service is, how clear the team was during our trial and how helpful they've been on issues big and small.

Cons

There are longer roll-out times for some intuitive things me (or more likely my clients) recommend which surprise me, but it could be a function of how our gym is uniquely set up.

Julie

SPCF Head Coach

Reviewed on 9/18/2019

Great! Very nice features with athlete management.

Pros

Interface with the programming calendar.

Cons

The login requires a domain first, then the email login. Why can't it remember your domain based on the email login?

Response from PushPress

Hey Julie, we appreciate the feedback! I'll pass your suggestion regarding the domain name on to our developers and see what we can do. Thank you for the review!