4.2
Alex L.
Industry: Events Services

We love SalesforceIQ! Perfectly integrated and easy for my team to use.

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

So many. Ease of use, trackable for sales cycle, many more.

Pros

This software is awesome. It takes the stress out of constantly updating your CRM by making it seamless and integrated with our email. It captures a lot automatically, giving my team more time to close deals. We love the customizable pipeline features as well. Great software overall.

Cons

I have hard time thinking of cons for this software. It was so easy for my team to implement. It is expensive I guess, that'd be the only con.

Brittney M.
Industry: Consumer Services

This is a great tool for organizing your sales funnel.

Reviewed on 3/20/2018

Pros

Time management and organization are the top reasons to use this software. Being able to include information on new prospects and clients is very helpful and it's easy to add to do items. The sales funnel process is user friendly and easy for other employees to view.

Cons

It can be hard to create clear expectations between management and employees on what information or processes should be done. With so many options of where to save information it can look like information is missing if you don't look in the right place. Processes should be put in place by each organization to clarify how to use the software.

Chance M.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Do Not Assume Anything

Reviewed on 12/5/2016

The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not.

Examples:
List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page
Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time
Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables

Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected.

If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros

Simple UI
Simple workflow building and management

Cons

Extremely limited in its capabilities
Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails
ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Gerson daniel C.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Desk.com makes our job a lot easier and it's CS team is really helpful when needed. Desk.com rocks!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

We got to have our email's interaction (with our customers) well organized. We can get through our data to send monthly reports with no problems.

Pros

It is very user friendly. My team mates and I can navigate through our system with no complications.

Cons

Not getting a pop-up message (notifications) w/o an additional feature is probably what I like least about Desk.com.

Nasir Q.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

salesforce in health sciences

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

Pros

most comprehensive crm out there
pretty much has solution for any business problem easy to scale and develop

Cons

learning curve
expensive licensing
need some sophostication in customization
license per user and has some limits of what u csn do overall

Jason S.

Great helpdesk and customer communication option

Reviewed on 3/13/2018

Pros

Way better option for customer support than just a basic email account. Really nice options for setting up a support site

Cons

Really poor live chat option. No customer website traffic integration. This ultimately caused our move to Intercom

Bailey J.
Industry: Sports

It's fine, no bells and whistles

Reviewed on 4/24/2018

Pros

I like that it's a way for the whole office to stay on the same page. I appreciate the fact that it can integrate all of the email addresses that we use. Especially helpful when working remote.

Cons

After using other software systems from SalesForce this one was a let down. The price didn't seem that much more appealing for the awesome features it leaves out.

Parker N.
Industry: Management Consulting

SalesForce Essentials - The answer for startup CRM

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

We're a young technology and management consulting company and have used Salesforce and been a systems integrator at other firms. This was the perfect solution (and cost effective) for us to immediately begin tracking and tackling our pipeline and contacts to stay on track with everyting.

Pros

-Out of the box it's ready to go
-Intuitive interface
-Ability to customize and add modules as needed
-Collaboration for transparency on deal flow and pipeline as well as activities

Cons

There's nothing in particular I dislike about Salesforce Essentials

Jonathan S.
Industry: Real Estate

Enjoying Desk.Com!

Reviewed on 4/8/2019

Great experience and overall enjoy Salesforce and their solutions

Pros

- Provides a nice clean interface that does not have too rabbit holes to fall into
- Quick to update and have never noticed any latency issues
- Easy to navigate and link to other tickets/items that should be addressed by the respective teams

Cons

- Have heard that this software will be retired soon

Antonio B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Great experience

Reviewed on 1/24/2019

Has been great to have all aspect of your costumers' records in one single tool.

Pros

Having a virtual office and always out and about, the tool allows me to access and add records on the go.

Cons

the lower version allows limited customization but it is easy to adapt.

Industry: Internet

Great for Support

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

I found this software very useful to our support team. It also integrated well with the regular Salesforce.

Pros

We use desk.com for all support interactions. It was priceless for the support team to be able to route support requests to support members, and keep track of all interactions for each client to spot issues with our support team, or issues with the client being too much of a drain on our support resources. The statistics are neat too. We had some healthy competition with some of the support stats (how many emails, calls taken, etc.) Being able to see how many positive rated interactions was the ultimate statistic to have. Their API is essential to integrating notes and other issues into 3rd party solutions.

Cons

This had a learning curve. They were also going through completely switching the UI at the time, so having a beta was nice, but some features were only available in the classic interface. The new one is much better and pleasing to the eyes.

Industry: Financial Services

I use desk.com as the frontline customer service software to create and manage tickets.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Desk is extremely customizable. We have a bunch of different inbound emails that automatically tag and assign tickets which saves us a lot of time. You can set up almost any combination of rules for inbound tickets to make sure your most important customers get prioritized and the right people get assigned to help.

Desk also has an API that you can use to build a help center experience on top of their platform. We use it internally for bug reporting and feature requesting and our portal creates tickets right in desk.

Cons

Desk isn't very user friendly. Once it's set up it's works really well but it takes a lot of time to learn all the nuances of the configuration.

The analytics have issues. Some of the metrics like last log in will show that I last logged in a month ago when I've logged in every day and am in fact logged in at the time. We don't use the metrics but if your customer service department relies on them that could be problematic.

Industry: Telecommunications

Great for simple helpdesk cases but not intended to be feature rich or robust.

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

It's allowed us to have a basic helpdesk tool that integrates with Salesforce.

Pros

As a helpdesk case tool, it works. Great for simple troubleshooting and just general inquiry cases where by correspondences are kept to a minimum.

Cons

Sold as having great integration with Salesforce, but the integration is extremely difficult to setup and not all fields are integrated. Everyone needs to have a Salesforce license to be able to use the desk tool properly and that gets very expensive. DO NOT try to use the tool as a task manger or PM supplement as it does not work well for these functions. There is also no place to store Client level notes in the tool itself so if someone was backing you up, there would be no place for them to reference client preferences or standard operating procedures for a specific client from Desk itself.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Salesforce IQ is a great add on to Salesforce

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

Creating leads and contacts in Salesforce is a breeze with this tool. I love that I can instantly add a customer and log their email in Salesforce. I love the ability to add meeting invites or email templates to an email with a couple of clicks. Salesforce IQ has saved me hours of data entry into Salesforce. I don't know what I would do without this tool now that I have used it for close to two years.

Cons

In the last few months something changed in the way that it pulls the data when you go to add a contact. The previous version use to pull all of the information automatically and now I have to manually add a lot of the information. It is still quicker than adding new contacts into Salesforce but it does require a few more steps. I also wish there was more insight into who opened an email or web link when you include multiple people on an email.

Samantha R.
Industry: Veterinary
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Salesforce

Reviewed on 2/13/2019

Our hospital is better able to communicate . We are able to provide better care for all of out patients because everyone has access to same data base . So if a volunteer noticed a patient sneezing the doctor can easily see that and be flagged to check on a patient. Before a volunteer may not be able to notify staff and go through correct channels. It could mean that nobody medical ever new that yeh patient sneezed because it was just too difficult to get information across, but now all volunteers know they can put a message in Salesforce and it will be taken care of.

Pros

Salesforce allows my animals hospital to have better communication between staff and volunteers

Cons

Search engine key words is not always able to direct to correct patient

Gabriela S.

Great Experience - just put took off one star for the work that needs to be done

Reviewed on 12/19/2017

I was able to save time in the company I work for. The software was easy to use and easy to implement into daily activities.

Pros

I loved the fact that they worked on the integrations and being able to make things to the mainstream. I was able to quickly show other workers how to use this product and quickly incorporate it into our business. This is a lot easier than our last software.

Cons

Running the reports is something we would all have a bit of trouble to do, there would be little things here and there that prevented our productivity. There are also some filters or basic features that should be fine-tuned a bit more but nothing too bad.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Gets the job done, feels 2nd rate.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

Pros

Desk has been getting things done for us. We've got teams, we can pass tickets easily, tags help to connect disparate tickets.

Cons

The search/filtering is broken (and has been for as long as I've used the software), it works at about 98% accuracy. You can't really rely on a search of 'all tickets assigned to X' to find every ticket, or "all resolved tickets in X department", and etc. Frustrating when reporting or setting up custom views and such. Similar in frustration created, is the limitations around what fields you can search/sort by. It's always a pet-peeve of mine to see software limit these things.

Krishnan R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

SALESFORCE TOPS ON REPORTING

Reviewed on 2/22/2019

Happy with what we use the product is used for. One of the Best

Pros

Sales reporting feature is the most I like. IT easy to use drag and drop feature to customize, the reports and filters features and setting the date range options are the feature that makes it the top feature.

Cons

help to solve any abnormality in the data. The feature shows only the problem and does not give any suggestive pointers to correct that.

George V.
Industry: Entertainment

I have been using desk.com for over 5 years now, it has been simply flawless and very easy to setup

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Easy to use/setup CRM tool for the team, we have customised the tool as per our product requirements, the ability to use mass action & less pricing as well.

Pros

Few features stand out - like the advance search option, mass actions, easy export, their helpful & courteous support team, lesser pricing than Zendesk, doesn't have bloat like zendesk.

Cons

Reports are still a step behind, lack of integration of certain apps(limited apps) that helps in workflow

Industry: Internet

Keep your customers happy with Desk.com

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Pros

Collect, track and manage all your support tickets in one spot. Our company uses Desk.com for our customer support tickets. It keeps us organized and on-top of our customers needs.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about desk.com. The software meets all of our customer support needs.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It is easy to use and quick to understand

Reviewed on 5/26/2018

It has helped me find users and assist customers

Pros

I like how it makes finding information around different users and files easy, also it has helped me organize my work better

Cons

it has too much updates and it changes how it looks, this way, once it updates it is hard to understand how to use it

Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Latest innovation in CRM

Reviewed on 4/22/2019

Pros

Everything is contained in one spot. I have the ability to manage my pipeline, create my calendar and add new contacts.

Cons

Not all the same functions exist on the ap that exist on the desk top feature. Also, you cannot run excel reports out of Salesforce

I have used DESK daily to submit support tickets to our support team as a Project Manager.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017

Pros

It is easy to use DESK and submit tickets and track and search for your submitted tickets to see the status of those tickets.

Cons

It is easy to search but I do believe there could be additional ways to search more easily and produce more accurate results.

April J.

Not great, unless you're super tight with Salesforce

Reviewed on 4/18/2016

We'd migrated from Zendesk, which is a system I will never ever have complaints about again after using Desk.

As for some of the things I couldn't deal with:

#1, and most egregious limitation: Only one agent can be working on a ticket at a time, and there's no way to kick out that other agent. Someone opens a ticket, then goes to lunch? Guess that customer isn't getting a response for the next hour. Just hope it doesn't happen over the weekend, which it totally did! This was a deal-breaker.

#2: Sessions were weird. You could be logged in to one session at a time, so if you went from home to work, you'd have to log in again. Not a huge problem given the browser can remember your password, but that "Remember Me" checkbox on their login page is a placebo at best.

#3: The "rules" system for routing tickets.
Tasks that should have been simple (like routing emails after hours) are left up to these weirdly complicated "Rules," including "Time Rules."

#4: Two agent interfaces. One old, one half-baked. We were sold on the "Next Gen Agent" interface since it looked and felt more like Zendesk, but it was messy. It felt contrived, like the product of deadlines and misapplied research. The Classic interface worked much better, though it was certainly showing its age.

But there were things I really liked:

#1: Chat! The chat system was really nice, everything came in as a ticket and it was very intuitive. The chat system in Desk was definitely better than Zendesk's weird implementation of Zopim.

#2: The ability to forward tickets out to an external address. This is probably because Desk operates a bit more like an inbox.

#3: The support and help articles. This product would have way fewer stars if not for its Support team. They were always patient and helpful, even when my frustration started showing about their product. They come off as the kind of people who enjoy what they do. Additionally, the documentation was generally well-maintained.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Desk before any other platform I've used (including Zendesk, OTRS, and Tender...except, maybe Tender) unless you're starting totally fresh and also expect to have tight Salesforce integration. The people really make the product, which is good 'cause they have a lot to make up for...

Meagan M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Currently left in the Dust

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

our support center agents were able to respond to emails and log call notes.

Pros

multiple channels can be integrated, including social media posts. there's a live character counter for agents when writing responses.

Cons

SMS had to be integrated with an outside provider. slow, lacking features or any promise of a roadmap, reporting inaccurate. downtime and maintenance (both scheduled and responsive) very frequent - basically daily. since "next gen agent" was released 2+ years ago, this product has never improved. account manager never even bothered to elude to changing anything. as our contract was coming to an end, we asked, "why should we stay with desk?" and the response we got was verbatim, "great question...[30 seconds of silence]". salesforce stopped investing money into this product long ago, and subsequently, even the smallest crm companies these days are lightyears ahead in terms of functionality and reliability.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10