Salesforce Starter Reviews

Gurvinder
Gurvinder
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

"Salesforce Essentials is good tool for buisnesses"

Reviewed on 2022-11-30

Pros

It has a capacity to fulfill customize requirements. Good tool for buisnesses that offers best CRM program. Good for connecting potential customers. Can be integrate with onother system and software.

Cons

Some limitations like good for large or mid size buisnesses not for small. Little pricey too.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

I use desk.com as the frontline customer service software to create and manage tickets.

Reviewed on 2017-11-12

Pros

Desk is extremely customizable. We have a bunch of different inbound emails that automatically tag and assign tickets which saves us a lot of time. You can set up almost any combination of rules for inbound tickets to make sure your most important customers get prioritized and the right people get assigned to help.

Desk also has an API that you can use to build a help center experience on top of their platform. We use it internally for bug reporting and feature requesting and our portal creates tickets right in desk.

Cons

Desk isn't very user friendly. Once it's set up it's works really well but it takes a lot of time to learn all the nuances of the configuration.

The analytics have issues. Some of the metrics like last log in will show that I last logged in a month ago when I've logged in every day and am in fact logged in at the time. We don't use the metrics but if your customer service department relies on them that could be problematic.

April

• Customer Support Software

Not great, unless you're super tight with Salesforce

Reviewed on 2016-04-18

We'd migrated from Zendesk, which is a system I will never ever have complaints about again after using Desk.

As for some of the things I couldn't deal with:

#1, and most egregious limitation: Only one agent can be working on a ticket at a time, and there's no way to kick out that other agent. Someone opens a ticket, then goes to lunch? Guess that customer isn't getting a response for the next hour. Just hope it doesn't happen over the weekend, which it totally did! This was a deal-breaker.

#2: Sessions were weird. You could be logged in to one session at a time, so if you went from home to work, you'd have to log in again. Not a huge problem given the browser can remember your password, but that "Remember Me" checkbox on their login page is a placebo at best.

#3: The "rules" system for routing tickets.
Tasks that should have been simple (like routing emails after hours) are left up to these weirdly complicated "Rules," including "Time Rules."

#4: Two agent interfaces. One old, one half-baked. We were sold on the "Next Gen Agent" interface since it looked and felt more like Zendesk, but it was messy. It felt contrived, like the product of deadlines and misapplied research. The Classic interface worked much better, though it was certainly showing its age.

But there were things I really liked:

#1: Chat! The chat system was really nice, everything came in as a ticket and it was very intuitive. The chat system in Desk was definitely better than Zendesk's weird implementation of Zopim.

#2: The ability to forward tickets out to an external address. This is probably because Desk operates a bit more like an inbox.

#3: The support and help articles. This product would have way fewer stars if not for its Support team. They were always patient and helpful, even when my frustration started showing about their product. They come off as the kind of people who enjoy what they do. Additionally, the documentation was generally well-maintained.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Desk before any other platform I've used (including Zendesk, OTRS, and Tender...except, maybe Tender) unless you're starting totally fresh and also expect to have tight Salesforce integration. The people really make the product, which is good 'cause they have a lot to make up for...

Brittney
Brittney
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

This is a great tool for organizing your sales funnel.

Reviewed on 2018-03-20

Pros

Time management and organization are the top reasons to use this software. Being able to include information on new prospects and clients is very helpful and it's easy to add to do items. The sales funnel process is user friendly and easy for other employees to view.

Cons

It can be hard to create clear expectations between management and employees on what information or processes should be done. With so many options of where to save information it can look like information is missing if you don't look in the right place. Processes should be put in place by each organization to clarify how to use the software.

Carlos Fernando
Carlos Fernando

Salesforce for starters

Reviewed on 2023-04-03

It has been adequate. It's covered our needs well for what it is used.

It has been adequate. It's covered our needs well for what it is used.

Pros

You get a ton of Salesforce features, Pro is better, but not everyone can justify the need for pro, or afford it.

Cons

It's not Salesforce, and it tells you in so many ways, and reminds you all the time.

Gerson Daniel
Gerson Daniel

• Customer Support Software

Desk.com makes our job a lot easier and it's CS team is really helpful when needed. Desk.com...

Reviewed on 2017-12-12

We got to have our email's interaction (with our customers) well organized. We can get through our data to send monthly reports with no problems.

Pros

It is very user friendly. My team mates and I can navigate through our system with no complications.

Cons

Not getting a pop-up message (notifications) w/o an additional feature is probably what I like least about Desk.com.

Nasir

salesforce in health sciences

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Pros

most comprehensive crm out there
pretty much has solution for any business problem easy to scale and develop

Cons

learning curve
expensive licensing
need some sophostication in customization
license per user and has some limits of what u csn do overall

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Research

Sales and Automation Software

Reviewed on 2021-05-31

Our experience using salesforce has been great. We primarily utilise it for invoicing and report generation of the overall view of the business. We also utilise it for our internal communications.

Pros

I like the interactive UI that makes access to varying tools and functionalities easy. I also like the mobile experience and the ability to integrate the software with third-party softwares. I also like the reporting tools that enhance prompt communication.

Cons

Salesforce can be very heavy when handling multiple pages which often leads to lags. There are additional issues that occur in customisation and merging of pages.

Stephanie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy & Intuitive

Reviewed on 2023-09-08

Overall we've had great customer support and feel that the product really fits our CRM needs.

Pros

Salesforce Essentials provides integration options with other popular marketing tools and applications, facilitating a seamless flow of data. This flexibility can be valuable for marketers who use multiple tools in their marketing stack.

Cons

Affordability - pricing is somewhat competitive, but wish there were discounts when using multiple Saleforce products. Essentials could also be doing more with automation.

Bailey
Bailey
  • Industry: Sports

It's fine, no bells and whistles

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

I like that it's a way for the whole office to stay on the same page. I appreciate the fact that it can integrate all of the email addresses that we use. Especially helpful when working remote.

Cons

After using other software systems from SalesForce this one was a let down. The price didn't seem that much more appealing for the awesome features it leaves out.

JAMES
  • Industry: Chemicals

Jim Salesforce Review

Reviewed on 2021-04-05

Good for what I need it for, entering new leads, tracking sales pipeline, looking back and forward on data.

Pros

Using for 4+ years once info is in its pretty easy, there are very many options how to track setup, would be nice if there was a option for auto-setup for certain types of use/business types.

Cons

Too many unused fields that muddy up the screen and info can get lost in all the blank fields.

Alexis

Salesforce

Reviewed on 2023-04-18

We love it and every team the team wants more functionalities out of it

We love it and every team the team wants more functionalities out of it

Pros

If you are a not-for-profit you can get an excellent discounted rate. It is very handy even though it needs some expertise to set it up but don't let this stop you, their resources library is supper useful, and you can figure out how to do many things yourself. Once you get all the team using it is a very very powerful tool and provides you with amazing data to inform your business.

Cons

Can be hard to set up. But invest in someone that knows how to do it, get it right from the beginning and ti will be very helpful.

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Great for simple helpdesk cases but not intended to be feature rich or robust.

Reviewed on 2018-02-27

It's allowed us to have a basic helpdesk tool that integrates with Salesforce.

It's allowed us to have a basic helpdesk tool that integrates with Salesforce.

Pros

As a helpdesk case tool, it works. Great for simple troubleshooting and just general inquiry cases where by correspondences are kept to a minimum.

Cons

Sold as having great integration with Salesforce, but the integration is extremely difficult to setup and not all fields are integrated. Everyone needs to have a Salesforce license to be able to use the desk tool properly and that gets very expensive. DO NOT try to use the tool as a task manger or PM supplement as it does not work well for these functions. There is also no place to store Client level notes in the tool itself so if someone was backing you up, there would be no place for them to reference client preferences or standard operating procedures for a specific client from Desk itself.

• Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Used to track employees, investors and potential investors

Reviewed on 2022-07-15

Fantastic but expensive.

Fantastic but expensive.

Pros

I loved the thoroughness of Salesforce. It's by far the best CRM tool I've used. Everything that I want to do on it, I can.

Cons

It is EXPENSIVE! I love this software so much, but I had to cancel my subscription since it was too expensive for my budget.

Rippling

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Starter

More features and more intuitive.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Starter

Brand.
Nomava

Salesforce the game changer

Reviewed on 2021-11-19

Salesforce Essentials organizes my call list and my call rhythm. I can quickly search and find everything I need related to my contacts and easily link to other services I use.

Pros

Salesforce is a remarkable tool program. It is extremely easy to use to give you the best results. Salesforce is a remarkable program because it is constantly changing and adapting to the times. It is extremely versatile as you can explain your file with ease. It is also an application that offers several of the best options, which is why I assume it is among the best programs. This program is fast and easy to use. Moreover, with this tool, I can complete all my tasks without any delay so that I am not disturbed while doing my work and my work is done quickly and smoothly. It increases the productivity of the employees and hence it is a tool that I would recommend. I suggest buying the application and start getting the results you want today.

Cons

Pricing. Just too expensive for doing lots of API calls for refreshing databases moreover when users double (CSM, account managers, AEs). For a limited business, over there is too much to sort through for everything we need. It would be noteworthy to have a \' lite\' version or something where the interface was simplified.

Sales force is user friendly... Not super cute though !

Reviewed on 2021-06-17

Overall, its great ! I would be open to try other ticketing systems

Overall, its great ! I would be open to try other ticketing systems

Pros

The employee facing is great - you wouldn't even know its SalesForce ! However, the adminitration view is old looking and not really cute. A part from that though, its a great ticketing system, i wouldn't say its the best (but i don't know that many more)

Cons

Again, the beauty of the administrative site. I also think that the knowledge articles are very hard to work with and its not really clear when they're published or in draft.

Ready to rock in minutes!!!

Reviewed on 2019-11-06

Pros

Extremely easy to use and I was able to set ip up in minutes. I was pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of data SalesForceIQ automatically pulled from my address book. It automatically updates so that my team and I can collaborate easier. We mostly use the mobile version as it is great for on the go and when we are at conferences and shows.

Cons

One huge setback is that SalesForceIQ does not support GDPR which is pivotal to our business.

Krishnan

SALESFORCE TOPS ON REPORTING

Reviewed on 2019-02-22

Happy with what we use the product is used for. One of the Best

Happy with what we use the product is used for. One of the Best

Pros

Sales reporting feature is the most I like. IT easy to use drag and drop feature to customize, the reports and filters features and setting the date range options are the feature that makes it the top feature.

Cons

help to solve any abnormality in the data. The feature shows only the problem and does not give any suggestive pointers to correct that.

Dwight
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent tool for day to day account management

Reviewed on 2021-07-26

Great tool for any account manager to have success

Great tool for any account manager to have success

Pros

I really love the way the CRM is set up to keep you organized as you are doing account management/reporting. I would probably say my favorite feature is the reporting.

Cons

Honestly, i would say none. What I will say I do like the lighting experience as opposed to the classic set up.

Keep your customers happy with Desk.com

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

Collect, track and manage all your support tickets in one spot. Our company uses Desk.com for our customer support tickets. It keeps us organized and on-top of our customers needs.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about desk.com. The software meets all of our customer support needs.

Salesforce Is Essential

Reviewed on 2022-08-11

Pros

Salesforce Essentials is easy to use & user friendly. Our team has really enjoyed the ability to search/filter our leads.

Cons

Salesforce customer service can be hard to reach & get direct answers from.

Michelle

Great for Sales Tracking

Reviewed on 2022-12-26

Salesforce was much better for tracking quotes and sales that it was in other industries I’ve seen it in.

Pros

I liked the ability to clearly see who was in charge of each customers sale and where they were in the sales process.

Cons

I feel like salesforce has so many features and functionalities that they should have perfected before offering custom products.

Paul
  • Industry: Machinery

Salesforce a Powerful CRM Tool

Reviewed on 2021-08-10

Salesforce allows our whole business to be connected. Salespeople out in the field are able to quickly access customer information, and that can be tied all the way to special design tasks in engineering meant to address a particular customer need.

Pros

The best part of Salesforce is how you can easily organize and report on various metrics. The whole system was designed to keep track of every transaction.

Cons

My biggest issue with Salesforce is that it is so big. It feels like it can do so much more than we ask it to, and it sometimes seems like overkill for our application.

Nathan

Essential software for SDRs

Reviewed on 2023-02-07

Pros

Salesforce is great for storing prospects emails and phone numbers. In my previous role I use Salesforce to track the stage of each deal, to import stored contacts into Salesloft for my outreach and to check ex-client or ex trials of the platform (using the reports function) which in turn made my calls a lot warmer.

Cons

The 'Import to salesloft' button disappeared at least once week which impacted my sales cycle.

Ido

Really useful

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

I would recommend it as it's very useful for daily use but I would say that it would take time to understand how to use all of the features

Pros

Very useful applications, it has an extensive variety of features

Cons

It takes time to learn how to use it, and in the beginning it wasn't easy to use until I've learned it fully