4.7
4.8
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Completely satisfied with Aprio

Reviewed on 2018-09-06

Pros

We have used Aprio for more than 10 years. During that time we have had lots of turnover of staff and board members. Rarely have we needed to provide formal training. For the most part, we simply provide the login access to the new user and they teach themselves. Board members find Aprio useful and easy to use.

Cons

I tend to use the desktop version when I set up a meeting and load materials because I find the functionality better. However, for just reading my board package or having it available during a meeting, using the App on my iPad is just fine.

Christie S.

I have been using Aprio for the last few years and I don't know how I managed our Board prior to it!

Reviewed on 2018-03-16

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. Aprio took the time to introduce their product in a way that was easy to follow and understand. They carefully explained each function of the app and how it would make my job as an Executive Assistant easier. I cannot believe how supportive the team at Aprio is whenever I have questions and how they also take the time to assist with my directors when issues arise. I have never received the quality of service from any other supplier or connection and they provide that service in the most professional and efficient way. Extremely timely application updates and they are always improving - and they really do want to hear from their customers what "we" want to see!

Cons

I can not think of one negative thing about Aprio and their team! Honestly - they are that good! I don't know what I would ever do without the application or the support team! The Directors love the program!

Response from Aprio

Thank you so much Christie for your kind words - we appreciate your support!

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easy Navigation

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-04-29

Pros

The feature that I like the most is the ability to send confidential and secure surveys out plus the interface is super friendly.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the app so far.

Joanna P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Makes Board governance easier!

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

We didn’t have a single point of access for our Board of Directors which was secure enough to store highly confidential information such as policies and bylaws. After moving all our documents to Aprio the Board and staff are able to access and store information in a secure and easily accessible forum.

Pros

I cannot day enough great things about Aprio. From the ease of use of the product to the amazing customer service Aprio is a well rounded product that is every Board administrator’s dream.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about the software.

Response from Aprio

Joanna, we are so happy to see that you are enjoying your experience with Aprio! We work very hard every day to improve our software and support every client. It's great to have such positive feedback!

Rose G.

Easy to navigate. Makes the office more efficient and organized. No more hard copies. Love it!

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

Pros

It is a library for all of our important documents. It is confidential. Allows me to use my time more efficiently. Do not have to spend hours photocopying. Allows auditors, legal counsel etc to access documents with temporary access. Board always have access to what they need. We use the online voting often especially since board meetings have been reduced. Management can have something approved within days.

Cons

More functionality in the resolutions section. Need to know exact numbers not just 'passed'. When allowing access to a folder etc should be able to add users individually rather than having to always create a group. Especially for small numbers of users. I.e. one or two users.

Response from Aprio

Thank you so much Rose for the review - appreciate the feedback!

Barb T.
Industry: Banking

I love this software.

Reviewed on 2018-03-20

The Board has immediate access to any information and we save on paper costs

Pros

It does it all. I also like the fact that if I have any issues, the Aprio team is always right there to help me out. Also, the Aprio team is always updating the software.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to change the name of a folder and be able to retain all of the documents posted under the previous name.

Response from Aprio

Thank you Barb for your support!

There is an easy way to change a folder name in Aprio. Simply click on the folder you'd like to change, then click on the "edit" icon to the left of the folder name. From there you can update the name and re-save. If you need any help, give us a call at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746).

Teresa M.

easy to use, still trying to get our board use to the new program

Reviewed on 2018-03-15

Pros

Having a secure place to sensitive documents that we need to have our board see. I think they just need more training.

Cons

My board would like to use the discussion portion but is not feeling secure of others see the conversations . They don't want the admin to see it either. I have tried it out for them and I don't see that is something I would trust either.

Response from Aprio

Thank you so much Teresa for your review - we appreciate your support.

We can definitely provide more training for the Kitsap Credit Union board, at your convenience and at no extra charge. Just give us a call at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746) to set something up.

For discussions (and many other features in Aprio): access can be restricted by "group." When you set up a group and give the group access to discussions, only the members of that group + full admins can see those discussions.

To make group discussions fully private adn remove an admin role, you need to assign a "sub-admin" status to an existing group member (eg another board member) and mark the discussions private. This will lock out full admins from accessing discussions.

We would be pleased to walk you through this step-by-step. Just give us a call!

Mark F.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Board Software

Reviewed on 2019-10-30

This was to provide board members with a safe secure place for all material, so that it didn't need to be printed or circulated via email and has done the trick. It is multi-platform and easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and it is great that it has both web access as well as apps in the leading platforms. The calendar feature makes it easy to know what meetings and committees are upcoming and who is involved. It also has an offline feature in the app so that you can download the documents (individually or as a package per meeting) and then work and annotate the documents. It has allowed me to be paperless!

Cons

There are a few differences with the web vs app functionality, but it is small. Annotating properly took a little to learn as not as intuitive, but functional.

Response from Aprio

Thanks for the great review, Mark!

We have made annotating your material in the apps even easier with the option to save your personal annotations automatically. To enable this feature, please click/tap on the Settings icon, then about half way down the page you can enable the "Sync personal annotations automatically" option.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Aprio Support!

Tammie H.
Industry: Financial Services

Aprio is very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018-09-14

Everything we need to communicate with our board members is right at our fingertips. We can do everything on Aprio.

Pros

Once you get into Aprio and start moving around you find the ease of use. The support team is available, helpful, friendly & open to suggestions for additional features.

Cons

The app is not available on iPhone. The computer app is great!

Response from Aprio

Thanks so much Tammie for your support!

Dileep C.

Confidential

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-11-22

For a variety of reasons well beyond my control the potential of the software was not exploited.

Pros

Confidentiality and referencing. The use of the software was in my capacity as director. The use was periodical and specific to meetings. The proceedings are closed door being a listed company.

Cons

Difficult to open. As my referencing was spasmodic confined to four times a year back referencing was necessary not only with reference to data fed on Aprio but other emails. I found it difficult to link both.

Response from Aprio

Thank you very much for the positive review!

Please note that Aprio Support is available 24/7 to assist you if you have questions regarding referencing the material for your organization.

Pat K.
Industry: Insurance

Awesome Board Portal Software

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-09-05

It is an amazing tool for making board meetings go smoothly. You save on printing costs, mailing costs, if applicable and it provides security for sensitive information.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. You can load and store board meeting material on aprio so easily. It's secure and if you make a mistake...it is very forgiving and easy to fix

Cons

The system has issues with loading locked pdfs.

Response from Aprio

Thanks for your support Pat!

To address your comment re. locked pdfs - we recommend not locking PDFs when loading to Aprio for ease-of-use, since the security of the software will protect the PDF. You can also control which individuals have access to the PDF for further controls.

If you do prefer to load locked PDFs, they are viewable within Aprio, after entering the password of the PDF. Or, they can be downloaded individually. That's an extra step for users though & downloads are discouraged for security reasons, so we recommend not locking PDFs to begin with.

Hope that helps & as always, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!
~Karen Peacey, Director Customer Relations

Ken S.
Industry: Government Administration

Distribution and sharing of meeting material and resources couldn't be much easier.

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

More efficient distribution of meeting material and the sharing of resources with Board members.

Pros

Easy to learn for all (administrators and especially non-tech users)! Our entire board is accessing through the ios app.

Cons

Using the app, users have not been able to view the meeting they are to attend. They need to go into settings and re-sync to view upcoming meetings.

Response from Aprio

Thanks Ken for the review - we really appreciate your support.

Understand the frustration on syncing to see all future meetings. To see all your meetings, please set your timeline to extend past your last board meeting. E.g. if the timeline is set to Feb 2017-Feb 2018 the app will only sync info up to Feb 2018. Feel free to contact our Support team at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746) for a quick tutorial if needed.

Lori A.

Makes reporting easy

Reviewed on 2019-11-21

I have had a great experience thus far with Apprio

Pros

The ease of reviewing reports from prior years is very valuable.

Cons

I wish you could segregate information differently

Response from Aprio

Hi Lori,
Thanks so much for the amazing review!
Please have your Administrator reach out to Aprio Support and we will be happy to provide options for segregating the information in your portal.

Kate S.
Industry: Education Management

Using APRIO

Reviewed on 2018-09-05

I am so happy with the software as it allows me to ensure that theBoard is properly set up and always prepared. No matter where I am or where the Board members are, I am able to prepare them for the next meeting.

Pros

I really like the ease of using APRIO not only for mysel but for my Board members...wherever they are. Meetings are accessible, information is readily available and all items are archive to reference. Thanks for making my job manageable!

Cons

I do find it challenging to keep all the information properly files in folders...but that is only because we are using it so much!

Response from Aprio

Thanks so much for this wonderful review Kate! We're pleased that you're finding Aprio helpful in making your job more manageable.

Patrick K.
Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 2018-09-18

Pros

I like that it is a central location to house all documents, not just those in the meetings and the flexibility to set up events differently depending on the need.

Cons

The app is not available on IPhone. Also, there is a lag in the system which makes difficult to review the documents without exiting and signing back in.

Response from Aprio

Thank you Patrick for your support. Stay tuned for news about an iPhone app - that's definitely on the product roadmap and coming soon.

Melissa S.

Aprio is extremely user friendly. We rely on it heavily for our board members.

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

Pros

The quick add function to add multiple files at once makes it very easy to add board packages with up to 50 documents in each package.

Cons

I feel like the organization of the library could be better however I have not spent much time sorting it since taking over this roll.

Response from Aprio

Thanks Melissa for your feedback! Appreciate your support.

Diane R.
Industry: Insurance

Aprio, the user friendly information platform

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

I serve on a crown corporation; we meet once a month. Materials are provided by the staff of the corporation. Aprio presents everything in a well organized manner, it's easy to navigate.

Pros

It's user friendly, was easy to learn. Everything is laid out in an organized and functional manner.

Cons

nothing in particular, If anything make a different symbol (instead of a trash can) on items after you've read them. I read the materials before the meeting, then they have a 'trash' symbol on them. Maybe a 'read' symbol, or something else.

Connie D.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Working with Aprio

Reviewed on 2018-09-19

We finally have everyone reading the latest version of documents and information. No more printing huge paper packages and documents.

Pros

- great support when learning the software both for the administrators and members using the program

Cons

- linking documents from library and surveys

Queenie T.

We used Aprio for our Directors and it is probably one of the best portals I've worked with.

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Pros

Simple and easy to use, the team is always very responsive when there's a question or issue. I can easily build board packages and send a link to the Directors. We also saved all our corporate policies, governance documents and Minutes here where it's easily assessable. Pricing is very reasonable too.

Cons

No complaints, this is one of the best and most simple Board Portals I've used. Our Directors never had an issue with Aprio.

Jerrilyn S.
Industry: Banking

Makes Board Meetings Convenient

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

I have been using this for three years and so far, it’s been great.

Pros

Features, ease of following along in meetings, We can let everyone know in advance if we will be in attendance. Appreciate that we can send messages to each other.

Cons

It took some time to get used to the format and all of the features that were available to us.

Response from Aprio

Thank you for your review Jerrilyn! Please contact Aprio support if you would like further training on those other features.

Suzanne B.

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

Pros

Program is secure. Layout is user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the program is slow. It is difficult to go from one section to another without having to return to the dashboard each time. This may very well be a training issue for myself.

Response from Aprio

Thank you for your review Suzanne! Please contact Aprio support and we would be happy to set up a quick training session with you!

Crystal D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great tool and very easy to navigate

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-09-19

Pros

I like the fact, it is so easy to navigate, as an administrator it is very simple to get used to. Very easy to train people on the software.

Cons

Very simply, the use of action items, seems not as clear on the administration side, but not a huge problem.

Kate R.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018-09-19

Pros

It is very user & administrator friendly. One stop shop.

Cons

Having to navigate back and forth seemed redundant.