RotaCloud

Rota & staff management with a drag & drop interface

4.9 /5 (164 reviews) Write a Review!

Mark S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Staff rota's are no longer a hated task

Reviewed on 2020-02-28

Excellent. What can I say? Rota allocations are now a simply easy exercise regardless of me being in my office or enjoying a day out. I can create, edit and update a rota anywhere. The hourly tracking is a simple operation using a tablet as a keypad for clocking in and out allowing for verifying projected cost to actual cost.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use regardless of web app, IOS or Android. You can allocate your team members and keep apprised of the operational cost of a shift, trading day, week or month. The reporting area is detailed and tailored to what you require when you require it.

Cons

I think the only area I would like to see improved would be holiday accrual. If this could show a column of accrued, used and balance for zero hour staff it would help me substantially.

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Sports

Overall fantastic software!

Reviewed on 2020-05-29

Fantastic, as mentioned fantastic value for money and gets the job done! Some fantastic features and also the customer support service is world class.

Pros

My main pro about this software is that it is fairly straight forward to use and has lots of great features including the capacity to clock in and out, put in leave requests and generally build and manage rotes. And it is exceptionally good value for money.

Cons

I don't really have any issues only suggests of what should be added. As the business owner, manager of my company and also an employee elsewhere that uses another software similar to this there are a few features that could massively improve rotacloud. I have listed my suggestions below;
- Messaging capacity - team should be able to message each other, their department, managers etc.
- Leave feature isn't as straight forward as could be. - Team should be able to just put a days request off in and select the actual times they are requesting off whether it be 10am-5pm (college, uni) or all day as currently all leaves go on like booking in a holiday.
- PLEASE ADD A DAILY LABOUR CARD REPORT!!! - this should include two sections am and pm that shows you who is on what shift, what department and any open shifts. - I am desperate for this feature as I currently create on myself so I can easily look in front of me as to who is working when. This report should also show each team members weekly hours, overtime highlighted in red, and a summary of the daily labour costs. - LOOK at Hot Schedules as their daily labour report is fantastic.

Dennis A.

Transformed our rota system

Reviewed on 2019-11-28

Prior to RotaCloud we used an excel paper copy of the rota. This was 'messy' and difficult to see exactly who was working what throughout the month. By the end of the month the paper version had numerous alterations as employees have time off through sickness or other personal issues / appointments. RotaCloud allows efficient changes to be made meaning any regulatory bodies looking at rotas have a clear and concise view of events.

Time has been saved as when shifts change the system notifies all employees of availability at the home. This means that we are no longer calling round all employees which had impacted on their down time. Employees have also embraced the system using this to pick up additional shifts where they are available.

Internal monitoring has improved as the management and HR team are now able to see 'real time' data of employees working patterns as well as any HR issues. The ability to add leave onto the system means creation of rotas is now more efficient with less mistakes made as well.

Pros

The ease of use of the system and the short amount of time that is required to set up. I was able to implement the system for our company within 1 day which included inputting of the rotas 4 weeks in advance.

Employees are now able to see their shifts at any time through the mobile app or browser and are able to see any shifts which need covering. The cost of the system pays for itself purely from an administration point of view as we do not need to call round all employees for availability.

Cons

There are different price structures for different features and from our point of view it would be easier to have one price for all access.

Dominic M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

`Unbelievable Flexibility

Reviewed on 2017-02-13

Without any doubt Rotacloud has had the biggest positive impact of all the software we use in our small fixed/mobile coffee shop and bakery business. With 18 staff and growing, one of our most miserable and time consuming jobs, has now become quick and painless. It has given us full visibility of our wage costs, and we know exactly what the impact of changes to the rota will cost.

For us, every aspect of compiling rotas (And Payroll info), from adding staff to publishing rotas, is so much easier with Rotacloud. It is visual, flexible & powerful, and has improved Staff morale. The Rotacloud support has been superb, and any additional features we have requested have either been there already, or in the pipeline.

There are very few tools I have used that have had such a genuinely positive impact on our business.
I honestly can't recommend Rotacloud enough!

Pros

Easy to implement and Use. Flexible. Much quicker than other methods of preparing complex rotas

Cons

Cloud only - no offline mode.

Wendy M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Does what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

Generally - take time to set it up - you will reap the rewards, the first couple of payroll took time as we had to double check everything - now we're flying! Saves a lot of time, is accurate, and very very easy to use.

Pros

I like the control our staff have over their shifts, and hours. I also like that we retain control and have very easy to use functions. Visuals to see daily, weekly etc exactly what your spend is per person, per day etc Excellent reporting, no longer doing things retrospectively when you have a higher wage bill than you can expected!! We are a very busy pub/restaurant staff can swop shifts, even between roles if we allocate this. Very easy to use - worth taking time to set up.

Cons

Sometimes it's not 100% clear how to set things up, most of the time it's really easy, but sometimes it's a little thing you have missed, however use the online chat - never failed to help! Really pleasant and helpful, even when some of our staff struggle with new technology - they have all managed easily.

Iain M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Has made life much easier

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

It's made making rotas much faster, and means that all staff are able to look at their shifts easily, on the go using the app if they have smart phones. They're always quick to repsond on their chat function, and not just to managers, to all staff, which has cut a lot of the work out for me as a line manager. Thanks!

Pros

Very easy to click and drag shifts around, to copy weeks, to keep an eye on staff costs wages, and cuts out the middleman in terms of staff being able to organise their own shift cover, with it being signed off by a manager.

Cons

Currently there's not an option to store template weeks, but I know from their recent FAQ page that it's something RotaCloud are considering. Sometimes the app seems to show an out of date staff list which has made it tricky for people to swap shifts directly form the app. Overall, nothing big.

Darko R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Rota Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

RotaCloud has brought great value to our business and has allowed our 13 outlets to better communicate and organize our Rotas,making cooperation and helping each other with staffing a breeze. It has also improved attendance and lateness as staff are aware of their records and strive for perfect records, being upset if they clock in a few minutes late. It has created somewhat of a competition among staff as to who will consistently clock in and out correctly and on time.

Pros

Easy Rota creation and management
Excellent functions for staff management and attendance monitoring
Good value as we can manage all 13 of out outlets under one account and subscription.
Active development and communication with customers

Cons

Still lacks a few features like TOIL tracking and labour vs projected sales reports.
Doesn't yet integrate with iTrent natively.

Rebeca C.

• Customer Support Software

Very good and efficient way to handle rotas

Reviewed on 2018-06-17

Rotas have become so much more efficient.

Pros

I love the fact that staff can get their rotas on their phone. No more excuses that they didn't see they were on the rota. I like that it records holiday requests so you don't forget any holiday's that you agreed they could have and schedule them in. Overall made the whole rota process so much easier.

Cons

I do need to change the administrator to myself from the colleague that originally set it up as she no longer works for us but I am finding this quite difficult.

Victoria D.

• Customer Support Software

RotaCloud has been brilliant for us in producing our staff rota!!!

Reviewed on 2017-11-02

i dont feel i use RotaCloud to its full potential im only a basic user but feel i could use it for so much more!!

Pros

Its easy to use and the staff are kept up to date with their Rota and any additional shifts available. They can book holidays too!

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your review!

I've sent you an email with the offer of an online demonstration, so that you become a RotaCloud expert!

Thanks

Martin

Matt N.

• Customer Support Software

The best Rota software we have used

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

Great Support
Very Cost Effective per employee
Great features such as location based clocking in and out
Mobile Apps work well too

Cons

Nothing Major
Salary in total costs could be improved a little (VERY MINOR issue)

Holly H.

Revolutionary!

Reviewed on 2017-11-14

time saving, efficient, improved communication, improved record keeping

Pros

It is a great easy to use platform that has made rota building and communicating extremely easy. our staff love it and it has removed a lot of paper from the office!

Cons

The app can be a little slow and clunky on phones. Also on my extremely old pc it does seem to slow down my web browsing speed if it is open in the background.

Jacqui L.

• Customer Support Software

They seem to have thought of everything to make this a well organised, functional tool

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

Pros

common sense attitude to all things connected with organising a rota, good customer support, easy to do long term rotas by copy and pasting

Cons

Would like it to be linked to the practice diary but I think that is happening soon. Occasionally some staff not getting their emails (possibly Hotmail accounts). Wouldn't mind, rather than having a greyed out shift when not published, a bolder colour. Also wouldn't mind a report for all open shifts rather than having to go through each branch week by week to check this.

Mark J.

First Class Product

Reviewed on 2017-04-12

We used to spend hours each month doing our rotas. One night we decided there must be a better way and we found RotaCloud. After our 14th day free trial it was an absolute no brainer and we have never looked back. Built to grow as you do and the guys are on hand to help with any questions you have at all. Every team member loves this, from sales staff to head office. I can't recommend this product enough and can't believe we used to manage with out it.

Cazandra T.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Rota's made easy!

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Rota writing is much less time consuming now and all staff members can see their shifts (and other colleagues) on their phones/computer. There is no paper involved anymore!

Pros

It is so quick and easy for staff to swap shifts (with approval), also they can be published from anywhere which makes keeping them done in advance really helpful.

Cons

Wages are paid on the last working day of every month and so sometimes this can take a while to work out as the calendar is set to monthly, but it works for us.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

easy to implement and set up, training of our staff to use the system was very simple, great...

Reviewed on 2017-09-04

Pros

Ease of use, Price, Cloud based, very simple to manage, and the staff love it, i have already recommended this product to friends in Business, and now they are raving about it.

Cons

would like to personalize it to our company, and change the color. very minimum i would change about it.

Samantha J.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

RotaCloud review from independent veterinary practice

Reviewed on 2018-11-26

The software as improved our ability to track approved and unapproved attendance and absence. It also gives us an overview across all our rotas to highlight any gaps in cover or staffing.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Helps us to manage multiple rotas across a range of sites and keep track of attendance. Staff like the ability to view rotas on their phones and book leave online.

Cons

Can't think of any which is very positive!

David M.

• Customer Support Software

Company sampled a few online rota systems and Rotacloud was by far the best.

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Pros

Ease of use and the ability of the system to send messages to our workforce about confirmed shifts and available shifts for overtime. The system is cloud based which is excellent for viewing whilst out of the office and working away.

Cons

Not iPhone friendly app, could do with updates and more friendly towards Android. Sometimes the text message alerts are slow to go out.

Lorna G.

Customer service

Reviewed on 2017-03-01

I am so impressed by the prompt replies to any of my queries.
I know that if I have any problems using the system I will email one of the team and will receive an answer or detailed advice on how to manage the problem.

Pros

Ease

Cons

nothing

Anna B.

• Customer Support Software

easy, time-saving, head-ache saving!

Reviewed on 2017-07-31

i get my sanity back and a situation where staff cannot fail to know their shifts

Pros

simple to use once you have got to grips with it, great customer support, creates a situation where staff become solely responsible for knowing when they are meant to be at work, saves me huge amounts of time and stress

Cons

the holiday booking side of things could be improved by adding a calendar that shows what dates are not available/prebooked, to stop requests that are for unavailable dates. still a lot easier than the old system though!

Seamus M.

Cheap and does exactly what I need

Reviewed on 2019-05-17

Pros

I needed a piece of software that simply allowed me to integrate with calendars and allow my employees to select available shifts in advance to prevent me forcing people to work.

Cons

I have used this for two years now and so far I cannot fault it as it does exactly what I need it to do.

Ruth H.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, saves lots of time and gives good at a glance info.

Reviewed on 2017-08-27

Pros

Easy to use, saves time, give a good overview. Good that it adds the hours as you go as a check as to what people are doing. Also good to be able to block out leave etc.

Cons

Would be good to have a function to see the whole rota on one screen.

Marc K.

Awesome Rota Management Tools

Reviewed on 2018-03-19

Reduced rota processing and payroll calculations from hours to minutes, can make changes on the fly on the app and it keeps my team informed and manages their leave and shift requests

Pros

Overall the tool provides everything I need to manage my teams working week. Notifications for shift swaps, leave requests are great. The dashboard view is especially useful when reviewing shifts to ensure cover across the whole day and one of the real pluses of this software

Cons

Wish it was possible to move shifts in the dashboard view and that notifications told you which shifts had changed (not just that shifts have changed).

Karen B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Rota cloud has been a breeze compared to our old system, forward thinking company with great...

Reviewed on 2018-04-04

Time saving, cost savings and ability to develop managers and Team leaders in relation to Rota management

Pros

Ease of use, ability to request other features, and the fact that there is a development team listening and always looking to improve , the live chat icon to send of questions when using it, the customer service. Integration with other software that we use.

Cons

There are some features that it doesn't have that we would like, but we have put requests in for these and some of them are already in development stage.

Matthew S.

• Customer Support Software

Rota Revolution - Having over 60 staff on a seasonal contact is a lot to manage, not with Rota...

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Pros

Easy to use. Lots of features. The app on the phone is so intuitive for staff to use.
The ability for staff to pick up shifts at a click of the button is a heaven sent.

Cons

I think it would be nice to have an archive button for staff . Deleting staff if some permeant with no option to recover. With an archive option you can remove them from the rota, but there details are still recoverable. Good to use in seasonal job for returning staff. You staff on long term leave.

Vanessa S.

• Customer Support Software

Rotacloud has made our scheduling of staff so much easier.

Reviewed on 2017-07-31

Pros

The system enables us to see our daily/weekly spend clearly . The staff can easily see their shift. The interaction/communications with the rotacloud team is excellent and they are very quick to respond.

Cons

We would like to see it link into holiday accrual. Not sure if it does this, haven' asked yet, but after the system has been locked for payday, I am not sure how to make amendments to shifts so that we can track the changes.