RotaCloud Reviews

4.9/5

Niall
Niall

• Customer Support Software

Excellent value for money. Super easy to use

Reviewed on 2018-11-28

We tried other solutions before arrive at RotaCloud and have not looked back since.
From first...

From first contact to present date I have had nothing but positive experiences with RotaCloud. The sales and technical support teams are fantastic, quick to respond and very friendly.

Pros

RotaCloud has managed to strike the illusive balance between intuitive, easy to use software, and a comprehensive level of complexity that ensures it is able to cope with teams of any size and structure without breaking a sweat. The web app has a really fresh feel and everything is very easy to find. The immense variety of settings have allowed me to tailor a bespoke rota management experience for my team with almost unsettling ease.

Cons

The phone app, while still in keeping with the fresh feel of the software, feels like a bit of an after thought. I would also like to see rules and conditions introduced (eg. always require X amount of this type of worker on this day)

Emma
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent System

Reviewed on 2023-12-07

Pros

Excellent system, easy and intuitive to set up and manage. Managers love it, staff love it - 24/7 access to rotas & for submitting vacation requests, live updates straight to their phones - and we love it for it's ability to have timed clock-in/out, attendance records, etc for HR management. Saved us so much time and stress, and well worth the investment. Fingers crossed - also not a single glitch since we started using it, c/w 99% of all the other apps, software, systems we use in the business.

Cons

Please add 'Sick Leave' and 'Unpaid Leave' as options in the Edit Shift pop-up on the rotas page!

Ellie

• Customer Support Software

After using this product for many years

Reviewed on 2021-04-11

overall the experience is good. I have been a customer for many years

overall the experience is good. I have been a customer for many years

Pros

All staff details are in one place. staff are emailed rotas which makes it easier. Holiday requesting is also useful

Cons

Some of the other features are a bit clumsy to use. for example the uploading of recruitment documents. The budgeting add-on is confusing to use and not very clear to view. Maybe colouring certain blocks would help

Vicki

• Customer Support Software

RotaCloud 5* Scheduling & HR!

Reviewed on 2024-01-17

Excellent. 5*! It has improved our scheduling process, tracking employee absences, employee records significantly.

Pros

Ease of use, simple and effective, employees find it very easy to use and use/follow for scheduling which is great. Love bulk editing on scheduling. The ability to be able to edit employee files with ease, add files, send memos etc.

Cons

Phone app isn’t as good / easy to use as the desktop app. Has improved with each update / release but desktop is still ultimately better / much easier to use and phone doesn’t support some features.

Corin
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2023-06-18

Great - staff starts and finishes, holiday accrual - vital. Ease of use. Just a really great product.

Pros

UK based- rapid response to queries. Very user friendly - extremely reliable. Employees can use it easily. Easy administrative function. Multiple sites and roles and staff can be managed.

Cons

Staff have to use 'Other Leave' for appt requests or shift swaps. Maybe a different tile? Not sure what. 'Request' - don't know

Aaron

Perfect for hospitality!!

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

overall perfect i even recommended it to our sister hotel rushton hall and they have the plan and already in process of starting it up.

Pros

holiday requests/ leave.

doing the rotas in general.

Cons

if rotacloud also had a finger print system that could link straight up with the cloud based rota would make it a complete system to use and make payroll huge, i do not like the clock in and out on mobile devices because sometime staff can get away with alot of things.

Lynn

My experience of Rota Cloud

Reviewed on 2023-11-06

Absolutely brilliant!!! Staff who are not very technical on apps can use with ease

Pros

Everything!! I could not imagine being without this system it’s easy to use, is great time management it’s cost effective

Cons

No cons. I would highly recommend this system

Lisa
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I love RotaCloud!

Reviewed on 2024-02-09

Really, really good - so glad we chose RotaCloud instead of other products we were considering

Pros

It's so easy to use and has so many features and benefits. The support staff are fantastic too, always super helpful and very quick to respond to questions or queries. The online library of help articles and videos is great too.

Cons

Can take a while to get to grips with as it can do so much, but that's more a personal issue than a RotaCloud one

Alan

An excellent scheduling software

Reviewed on 2023-09-22

Pros

How easy it makes planning and publishing rotas along with the benefits for staff to be able to track their schedule and book time off.

Cons

As a manager I find the timesheet option is less intuitive to use.

Planday

Reasons for Switching to RotaCloud

Kirsty
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Great platform for rota's

Reviewed on 2023-09-26

ease of acces to rota's, reduced the amount of print outs we were producing to distribute rota's to the whole team.

Pros

rotacloud makes scheduling employees incredibly easy, the inbuilt holiday function and hour tracking works fantastically.

Cons

There have been a few issues with the mobile app in the past, not running the same format for different operating systems.

Charlie

• Customer Support Software

Not perfect, but pretty good

Reviewed on 2019-09-04

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Pros

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

Cons

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved.
1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift.
2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen.
3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead!
4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week
5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far.

You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon!

With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :)

Many thanks,
James

Diane

Rota Cloud for Heath Care Sector

Reviewed on 2023-05-23

Very good. Customer service is great but as we grow we would like weekend support as well. we are a 24/7 operation

Pros

Ease of implementation and ease of use. Very Very easy to use

Cons

Some areas are being developed. Would like to be able to put staff changes on in advance so they come into action on the specified date. At present have to sent a reminder in my calendar.Not able to control who picks up available shifts - so don't use this function. We have to consider skill mix in our rotas.We would like a HR option as well but cost is a factor - we are a charity.

Hannah
  • Industry: Utilities

Rota's made simple

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

We have been using rota cloud for a few years now, and it has really helped our business become organised with staff rotas and has been a very easy and straight forward transition from excel spreadsheets to rota cloud. Customer service is excellent. Easy for managers and employees to use! Building a rota is so simple and time efficient.

Pros

Rota cloud is a really easy to use and straight forward app. When ever support is needed to make changes on rota cloud, the Q&A and help tool often has all the answers your looking for, however for those times where the query is more complex, the live chat service is very useful, and the team at rota cloud give very speedy responses and resolve any problems almost instantly! Excellent customer service

Cons

I have had a few problems in the past with rotacloud syncing correctly with peopleHR and the process to link the two correctly can be a little confusing if information isn't coming across from peopleHR. The reporting of employees is a basic overview and would be nice to see some more straight forward in depth reports

Ed

• Customer Support Software

The best thing since sliced bread!

Reviewed on 2021-11-08

It is hands down the BEST thing we have ever decided to do, when you run a service that needs operational staff 'on the floor' you need to be able to get your rotas out to staff in the most efficient way possible and rotacloud delivers this, we manage the teams annual leave and subsequent cover shifts and also monitoring spending on casual/part time staff.

Pros

The ease of creating a rota and publishing new shifts for cover.

Cons

So far I have not come across any cons with using this product.

Stefanie

Love RotaCloud!

Reviewed on 2019-07-01

Great! Really recommend RotaCloud and when I've looked at other rota options in the past out of interest they have paled in comparison!

Pros

I have used RotaCloud for my team for the past 4 years. It is easy to use as a user, and a dream for Managers when scheduling. It's clear, simple and I like the interface. I also like that the whole team can download the app. I find the dashboard a good way to get an overview of what a drafted week looks like before publishing, and it's great to be able to easily plan out weeks and make changes.

Cons

We don't need to use the clocking software, and there's a few suggestions I'd have. Eg it would be great to be able to add sickness, holiday or other leave directly from the rota section, as opposed to having to do it individually on the leave section.

Simon
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

The best decision we ever made with the roster!

Reviewed on 2017-08-01

Time and money saved

Time and money saved

Pros

I looked at many different types of rostering software and Rotacloud looked like it fitted the bill. I have been so impressed with the functionality. It is easy to use and has some great features. The support is excellent and they reply almost instantly. They are very responsive if you request new features and are always looking to develop the product. I cannot recommend them enough and personally it has saved us hours of management time, in effect leading to a cost saving for the business. We also rolled out Rotacloud to other divisions within our group as it was so successful in our business.

Cons

I would struggle to give any negative feedback on this product. I cannot think of any problems I have had that they haven't rectified immediately.

Jasmine

• Customer Support Software

Really helpful on a day to day basis

Reviewed on 2023-03-02

Rotacloud provide me with great customer service when I've needed to reach out to check different access levels or if i've ever had any queries I couldn't manage myself. They're always friendly and polite and help me within a really quick timeframe which is amazing. Everything on rotacloud is very simple and does not require a lot messing around on the system and is straight forward for every employee to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use, it's easy to manage your employee's scheduling and whereabouts daily, even able to separate them via their teams and view as a team. One of the easiest online systems I have used. Also really like the report format of Rotacloud so that took a huge part of my day back being able to run reports easily via rotacloud.

Cons

Not being able to share the teams holidays with individual teams as each team would see every employee's holidays not just their own team.

Dominic
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

`Unbelievable Flexibility

Reviewed on 2017-02-13

Without any doubt Rotacloud has had the biggest positive impact of all the software we use in our small fixed/mobile coffee shop and bakery business. With 18 staff and growing, one of our most miserable and time consuming jobs, has now become quick and painless. It has given us full visibility of our wage costs, and we know exactly what the impact of changes to the rota will cost.

For us, every aspect of compiling rotas (And Payroll info), from adding staff to publishing rotas, is so much easier with Rotacloud. It is visual, flexible & powerful, and has improved Staff morale. The Rotacloud support has been superb, and any additional features we have requested have either been there already, or in the pipeline.

There are very few tools I have used that have had such a genuinely positive impact on our business.
I honestly can't recommend Rotacloud enough!

Pros

Easy to implement and Use. Flexible. Much quicker than other methods of preparing complex rotas

Cons

Cloud only - no offline mode.

Rachel

Excellent!

Reviewed on 2018-11-28

Pros

I love the fact that it is easy to access and everyone can see shifts that need covering, who’s where and also that you can leave notes for the staff on duty at the next shift. Trying to work out best place to record things when there’s a lot of part time shift workers is always a problem and RotaCloud has fixed this! Couldn’t do without it now.

Cons

The only downside is having to scroll through weekly to get to the rota a few weeks/months in advance. This is time consuming and hopefully they will develop a drop down calendar soon..? Thank you in advance!

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Rachel, thanks for a wonderful review! You'll be pleased to hear that there already is a drop-down calendar that you can use to jump to dates in the past or future. Just click the dates between the arrows to get it to appear :). James

Joanne

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use staff management software

Reviewed on 2023-10-09

Staff management is excellent. We'd struggle to complete staff management tasks now without the software and functionality of the software.

Pros

Good to be able to copy shifts forward to cover future weeks. Easy to swap staff from one shift or role to another.

Cons

Nothing to fault really, have looked at other software but RotaCloud continues to meet our needs.

Jess

Always Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

We are able to contact all of our employees with a click of a button, and save time advertising sessions.

Pros

It is so easy to use, we only have to provide minimal training to our Nurses and Doctors that use it which saves so much time. It is easy to get around and quick to advertise sessions.

Cons

The reporting side of it is hard for us a company as we have to provide quite detailed reports with lots of reports joining together. This has however improved drastically from the start so am hoping it will continue to do so in the future.

Carl

Excellent Cloud Software!

Reviewed on 2020-02-28

Brilliant for staff to be able to request holidays.

Brilliant for staff to be able to request holidays.

Pros

Easy to use for management and staff and easy to set up. Great support.
I love it. It has made managing holidays much easier and has good reporting functions which I use for giving hours to Payroll.

Cons

It could do with a calendar for putting upcoming events on. There are a couple of glitches like when somebody leaves then comes back you can easily reinstate them as the systems says that the email address is already in use. However tech support sorts it very quickly so not a major issue.

Jak
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Excellent

Reviewed on 2021-04-01

Pros

Simple to use and great value for money!

Cons

App at manager level is terrible. Cannot see who is off whereas on employee version you can.

Access PeopleHR
James

• Customer Support Software

RotaCloud really helped us keep track of our multiple stores rotas and holiday allowances

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

Pros

Really easy to use, loads of features (we don't use all of them but good to know they are there), great visibility of the whole company's rotas and holiday position. Brilliant and quick to obtain reports. The team at RotaCloud are really responsive so whenever I have had question or issues that have helped us out really quickly. We have made suggestions for improvement, they really take that on board and try to implement these if they can.

Cons

Not much - maybe some more control over shift lengths and break lengths that are allowed.
Perhaps more support for holiday allowance on part time staff with varying hours.

Lynne

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, all the staff can log in to see the rota.

Reviewed on 2018-01-30

Pros

It is easy to use, to allocate rotas to 3 different places and 20 staff.
Each staff members details, how much leave they have, which branch they work in, what time slots they have to work, how much holiday they have left. It clearly shows who is working or is on a day off or on holiday. My staff like it.

Cons

The staff can ask to change shifts, i would like to be able to message the staff and ask them if they can change shifts.