Forecast

A full-suite alternative to point project mgmt solutions

4.6 /5 (50 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.5
4.4
4.4
4.7
Gordon H.

Really good software

Reviewed on 2018-05-22

increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pros

I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Cons

There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

Industry: Computer Software

They have a huge potential

Reviewed on 2018-09-06

Pros

It has features that I couldn't find in any other service. Such as being able to manage reasorces across multiple projects, but not just by task also in high level

Cons

Not fully "baked" yet. A lot of small bugs and missing some small nice to have features

Vimal P.

Big Fan of Forecast

Reviewed on 2020-06-25

Working with Forecast has been absolutely delightful. Inga our support / account manager is so good at explaining and getting more out of Forecast. Just based on this I would highly recommend Forecast

Pros

As a business owner, Forecast gives me real time project information and gives great insight on project include on time and on budget!

Cons

It's a lot to get your head around in one hit, but over the course of a few months everything starts to make sense.

Raya S.

Great Experience So Far

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-11-13

The team at Forecast have been and continue to be a dream to deal with. They have already shown their willingness to implement some of the ideas and missing functionality we were looking for even though we have not yet taken up the product and are still making decisions. I am confident if we did go ahead with Forecast our voice would be heard and they would work with us to get the platform in place and implemented in a smooth, friendly, and professional manner, which has been my experience to date. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular has been extremely helpful with no question / ask of us being too much trouble.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, user-friendly and the look and feel is simple and gives the clearest view of the studio, who is available, who has time, who does not and what are they working on.
The project set-up, platform for scoping and the ability to set each team with their own capacity is brilliant and only compliments an already great offering in the world of team, project and capacity management.

Cons

I don't have any negatives just now, but we are in an extended trial period and so we are still decision making on whether or not this will be the right tool for our purpose.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

Reviewed on 2019-06-14

it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pros

Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks.

Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great.
Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat.

Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Cons

Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

Jon T.

Brilliant and Intuitive Product

Reviewed on 2020-04-03

Fantastic. The customer service has been tremendous. A pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Simple, straightforward and easy to implement. Intuitive, thoughtful layout and architecture that is seamless and easy to use. No need for timely project management investment or to rework agency structure to fit the tool. A perfect solution.

Cons

Could be opportunity to improve UX for project or task briefing similar to that of Monday.com. But it's not a huge issue. For non-billable time. On the Budget section for projects, it would be nice if there could be totals for each Milestone across the lifespan of the project instead of a lump total. This would improve the experience for us.

Stéphane C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Forecast - Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2019-01-29

Pros

Ease of use for entering time. Information is easily accessible.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind, except maybe improving the "Clock" feature, as I tend to forget it's running (maybe leveraging desktop notifications would help).

Trina V.
Industry: Government Administration

Complete and professional tool for e manage projects

Reviewed on 2019-04-21

Has everything needed to develop, planning and control any kind of projects within the organization

Pros

This easy-to-use tool makes the project team incorporate very quickly to use the software and share detailed information about tasks and activities in a very clear way during project lifecycle.

Cons

So far I have not had problems with the tool

Rob F.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Centreline Architecture Forecast Review

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

With Forecast we are easily able to plan our architectural projects and meet deadlines and stay within the allotted budgets. Forecast is consistently updating with new features and addons.

Pros

Forecast's customer support is one of the best I have ever had to work with. Second would be the ease of use for staff to help plan out projects and timelines.

Cons

Sometimes parts don't work correctly but they are quick to fix the issues.

Sahar A.

Steep Learning Curve

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

Timeline management.
One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pros

I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members.
I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Cons

It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sacha R.
Industry: Computer Games

Great, almost all-in-one tool

Reviewed on 2019-11-18

Previously, we had relied on a number of products to manage our projects and teams and while we're not there yet, Forecast seems to be the tool that will finally allow us to consolidate most of those other tools into one.

Pros

The integration of task tracking, time tracking, and resource allocation.

Cons

The budget pages are a bit confusing and it's a bit tedious to update task and time entries. It's quite expensive for a large team.

Jonatan M.

Great Software, Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020-03-23

Pros

This software automates a lot of things in our planning / controlling / time reporting.

If there are ever any problems, the outstanding customer support will gladly help out.

Cons

The API could you an OpenAPI / Swagger specification to make integrations slightly easier.

Rachida L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Can be improved for the team

Reviewed on 2019-11-13

i can manage the production of my team and much more with the budget plan

Pros

Share roadmap with client
Overview on Team Tasks : forecast & timesheet
Financial view and

Cons

Need to be more easy for the consultant when he schedule & timesheet task . for exemple it will be very efficient when the consultant create himself subtasks from the milestone and schedule it on his roadmap ---> to be visible on his weekly/monthly roadmap.
other example : we have 100 hours for the milestone "run consulting" and i create a subtask 'reporting " 5 hours work. it will be great to update the amount of initial hours from the milestone ie : 95h ( does not work actually :( )

Prajith M.

Good User experience

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-11-13

Pros

I like the fact that you don't have to save the hours and it automatically updates when the value is entered into the slot.

Cons

A little too many updates are being made to the application. May be reduce the rollouts to once a month or so.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Forecast helps me stay on track

Reviewed on 2019-01-18

Pros

I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Cons

My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

John H.

Daily User

Reviewed on 2019-11-08

Forecast does a great job of organizing our Agile tickets.

Pros

Easy to enter hours against project/tickets and add comments all from the timesheet page.

Cons

1) It can be a chore to track down a specific ticket. I input the number in the search box and Bobo the Bear cannot find anything. Instead I need to slog through projects trying to see where it is.
2) Bobo the Bear. I'm old enough to remember Clippy. Why bring him back, just under a new name?

Glennon N.
Industry: Computer Software

Time tracking at its finest

Reviewed on 2019-10-21

Forecast allows me to solve the problem of reporting my time to upper management.

Pros

As an engineer there is nothing more rewarding than tracking my time. Forecast allows me to do that in a fun and easy way.

Cons

I don't get to use it enough - Forecast is the best application ever made!

Soham V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Packed with Features but steep learning curve.

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

Our company was trying out the product to have better project planning and resource allocation but most of us do not want to use it because of the time it takes to log in tasks or hours.

Pros

The way the data is displayed is quite intuitive, the timelines, hours, pending hours and etc. I like how my upcoming tasks are shown on the dashboard with colour coding and also highlights due tasks.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep, even though I am tech savvy person, I found it difficult to begin with. I feel it has too many ways of achieveing the same outcome.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Internet

Great for planning & executing projects

Reviewed on 2018-09-03

better tracking of hours & progress of projects. we are an agency, so billable hours are very important. hi/lo expeced forecast possibility, makes for better expected time-to-build

Pros

Responsive; very quick & easy to use
Insights adds value to project oversight & planning
Same for scheduling
Time tracking, sprint planning & progress all implemented very intuitive

Cons

not possible to use multiple timers
no approve button after filling timesheet for double checks
impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly tool

Reviewed on 2019-01-18

Forecast has helped me to have more organization in all my projects, collaborate with others, assign tasks and follow up on the progress of each one. You can easily record time invested for each activity which allows you to validate the real costs of the development of each one. I like it very much! and strongly recommend the use of Forecast for your company's projects.

Pros

- General overview of all your projects
- Easy to follow up on all your tasks for each project
- Collaboration tool
- Allows you to review the work load of all your team members and assign tasks for each project.

Cons

- Difficulty to download a full report or export the progress of each project for a presentation

Ben K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great software with potential for improvement

Reviewed on 2019-11-14

Pros

Innovative software that looks like it was designed by project/product managers.

Cons

Feels rather new. Some gitches and bugs being worked out with implementations on the way. This should get better over time

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Internet

Great, great quality product!

Reviewed on 2019-07-31

Pros

Time-tracking, project-management and scheduling. Forecast is great for it!

Cons

We haven't found anything wrong about Forecast yet!

Brian S.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pros

The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

Felix C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Forecast as personal task management

Reviewed on 2019-11-14

Very good, and it is clear that the product is being worked on.

Both through updates by e-mail and seeing new functions being added.

Pros

Ease of use and clear overviews.

The design is very clean and the UX is topnotch.

Cons

It is a bit fixated on certain aspects.
Instead of being focused on projects,
a focus on clients would be nice as an alternaive.

This is not a minus if all your work is project-based.

Guilherme B.
Industry: Information Services

Facilitated company processes

Reviewed on 2019-11-18

It is an enjoyable experience, it made some company processes very easy and unbureaucratic, we have much more visibility of the projects and it unified some tasks that were made separately.

Pros

The ease of use to create tasks, manage hours spent on projects and have a centralized way to cast hours.

Cons

Some tools apparently have the same functionality and its not easy (as the other features) to design sprints and have visibility of them.