Showing 116 reviews of 103

Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

4.8 /5 (103 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 116 reviews of 103
Alberto O.

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Reviewed on 2020-08-29

Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros

Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons

The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

Viktor N.

Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!

Reviewed on 2020-07-09

Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros

Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful.

It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year.

Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there.

I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons

My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this.

Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Timur B.

Nice and easy PM tool that is actually enjoyable to use

Reviewed on 2021-02-17

Pros

Onboarding process is very quick. Just watch a quick tutorial to understand main features and you are good to go. What we like the most is the simplicity of creating and working on the project. You choose which parts you need and disable the ones that you don't. For example, if you have a simple project without the need for Milestones, time tracking etc, you just remove them from your view in one click so that your screen looks nice and tidy. Also, we love the integration with Google docs. Very well done and lets you collaborate on certain documents even without inviting to Nifty. Also, the communication with your teammates made really easy with the ability to tag and comment on every element including files in subtasks.
We used several PM tools in the past and almost lost hope to find the one that our small team would be willing to use. Fortunately, we gave Nifty a try and couldn't be happier.

Cons

Not really. The only thing that could come in handy would be the ability to create the task by sending an email.

Santiago V.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Daily tracking of UX/VD team.

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Pros

- Simplicity
- Easy to use
- Clean UI
- Milestones make the difference.

Cons

- Adding some Color tags would help to identify risks or progress
- The ability to link somehow to google docs, slides, etc. (we all work on google emails and drive)
- Milestones can be improved with a deep sense of status and progress colours.

Response from Nifty Technologies

Hi Santiago!

Thanks so much for your review.

We're definitely looking to implement color tags down the road. Thanks for the input!

I noticed you put a "0" for Customer Support -- have you found our help center and customer support underwhelming?

Similarly, do you feel Nifty is poor value for money as your review indicates?

Tayshiro K.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Simple enough and complex enough

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Agni C.

Very easy to use but powerful

Reviewed on 2020-06-28

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Christopher J.

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows.

This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

Akhil K.

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

• Industry: Sports

Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools

Reviewed on 2020-07-24

Pros

We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit.

A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons

It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback.

You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Albert P.

Best PM software for NGOs and small teams

Reviewed on 2020-06-16

We needed a solution for effective project management with our small team. Nifty brings great possibilities to add details to tasks and also to add task dependencies and milestones. Great to switch between views (Kanban, List, Gantt).

Pros

+ possibility to assign more than 1 person to a task
+ awesome and responsive support
+ neat and intuitive UI
+ customizable, I can switch off the chat function which we don't use so the UI stays sleek
+ dependencies and milestones
+ Gantt view
+ Great features like integrated time tracking and custom fields that allow us to customize tasks to our needs
+ compared to other pm software best pricing for small teams (flat rate not price per member)
+ discount for Non-Profits

Cons

- mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Leonardo W.

Easy to Use and Productivity Focused PM

Reviewed on 2020-09-08

Pros

We tested a lot of PM's, if you do client work or any project related tasks, I think you have been there, right? Each new PM, brings a lot of new excitement and features, but, also problems :(

Nifty has become our main tool for projects, it's easy to use, full of features, Google Docs are integrated and you can share files with one click!

You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this.

If you need use to use and granular control at the same time, without the need of a bachelor degree in nuclear engineering, you will be happy with Nifty

Cons

I like the app, just think they could add a client portal, with login and password.

Vitali K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great PM tool for project manager

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

We use every day with my team to work on clients' projects. A very convenient and intuitive solution - used to in a couple of days

Pros

Great project management app - very clean and easy to use interface. Installed and configured in one day.
Cool features and features: built-in time tracking, a very convenient hup with files and documents for the project

Cons

Not enough integration especially webhooks and open API. In development - promised before the end of the year to do

Belen C.
  • Industry: Design

The tool that helped manage 11 projects at the time

Reviewed on 2020-01-14

We're a design studio working with startups and corporates to improve their user experiences and visual interfaces, as well as service design. We manage several projects per month and Nifty helped me as the unique Program Manager at the studio, to manage all the projects we have, being very accurate with their milestones, tasks and deadlines.

Pros

I love the milestones + tasks features, it gives me the possibility to map very clearly on time how we're doing on each project we have.

Cons

The learning curve might be challenging for certain roles that might benefit from it, it needs more help during the onboarding.

Alan B.

Nifty integrates 3 applications into one

Reviewed on 2020-07-15

Integrating 3 applications - Asana, project managment, Slack, team messaging, and Everhour, time recording into one application. This won't replace Slack completely for us, but will move a lot of currnet slack conversations directly into Nifty.

Pros

Ability to record time on Projects.
The structure of Projects /Tasks and how they related to Portfolios was good.

Cons

Would like to see some better reporting around time spent on projects.
Would like to have the ability to customize widgets and add widgets

Marcus H.

Versatile Project manager with messaging for people on the go

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

I've already played around with so many project managers. The direct messaging option built right in makes it so much easier to keep up with team members and work on projects either via discussions, team chat or direct messaging. The mobile app works well. I've been using slack and although not as many integrations (yet), the project manager tool wins in my use case.
The unlimited guests/clients option is a step up from from other tools and the roadmap looks very promising. I'm very happy using this and this will most like be my go-to project management tool.

Pros

Nifty has a clean interface with both project management and messaging which makes it easy and pleasant to use not only on desktop but also on mobile.

Cons

If you need more complex project management tools (not very common), you may want to check out other pms. The google doc constantly updated whenever I typed new characters.

Alex M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best app for your buck

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Myself and the team love it. We are using it for project development, marketing and content. We love the app.

Pros

I compared project management for months. I have tried the really expensive ones and the free ones. Nifty compares to the high end project management tools since it has much more than what you could expect for the price range. The user interface it’s what it attracts me the most since I was about to sign up with Monday before I saw Nifty. I totally recommend Nifty.

Cons

The user interface is great, however, I would like the interface to occupy more screen room when it comes working on the specific folder ( project ) I choose. Minor details.

Koen V.

Making taskmanagement a breeze

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

I have a pleasant experience with working with Nifty. It's easy to use for someone who doesn't have a lot of tech skills. It keeps my tasks and files organized and does what it needs to.

Pros

What I really like about Nifty is that it has become a one-stop place for everything task related. I can track my own progress, create different tasks and even add files. It's easy to use and to start working with.

Cons

I have worked with other project management and task management tools that have a bit more oversight in terms of what is a focus right now and different levels of priority. So it's not so ideal for teamwork.

Matt H.
  • Industry: Photography

Tried many PMs, love this one.

Reviewed on 2020-07-02

Pros

Simplicity. Great UI. Free clients. Excellent iOS App.

Cons

not much at all. I have used it for a few weeks now and have not identified something I want to improve yet.

Nicholas C.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Nifty Review

Reviewed on 2018-12-03

Pros

- very intuitive interface
- easy to get up and running
- integrates everything into one application rather than being spread out over various (i.e., Slack, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello)

Cons

- pricing mechanism means that it is only a feasible solution for decently sized teams

Ken N.

Tried everything, until this tool!

Reviewed on 2019-07-14

Pros

The collaboration amongst team members was nothing like I have ever experienced along with, task assignment and management.

Cons

The web app occasionally glitched until it system updated.

Dave C.

Great for both big and small businesses

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

As a former corporate executive and as a current small agency owner, I can see how Nifty will work for teams of any size and improve project success as it provides strong organizational oversight for employees as well as clients

Pros

Its a feature-rich tool with enough flexibility to cover many use cases while having an extremely low learning curve - allows me to replace and stop using a few other tools

Cons

Would like to see a few more integrations, but product updates happen rapidly and are well communicated, so its likely only a matter of time

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than most out of the gate

Reviewed on 2020-10-16

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png.

The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests.

All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them.

The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Heather C.

The system I needed...

Reviewed on 2020-09-29

I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly.

It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

Alexander P.

Does More Cohesively and Easily for Agencies Than Any Other

Reviewed on 2020-09-25

Overall, 9/10.

Pros

Love how easy it is to keep track of multiple projects, communicate with clients and my team, to easily reference files, and to plan out the development of project milestones.

Cons

The tasks/milestones aren't always the most intuitive. It can be difficult to find where to assign tasks and I'm not sure if milestones can be assigned- which makes it tedious attaching each sub-task. I also hid my side bar once, making it small, and it took me several minutes to find out how to open it to create a project. Hope I don't do that again. These are minor but annoying.