Omnisend

Marketing automation for smart ecommerce marketers

4.5/5

Emre
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Positive experience results

Reviewed on 2022-11-27

As an entrepreneur, I am constantly searching for new ways to market my products and services. I have been using Omnisend for a 1 year now, and I am in love with it. I have been able to use the omnisend platform to completely automate my email marketing. I use it to send out a variety of emails to my subscribers based on what they have bought.

Pros

I've been using Omnisend for the past 1 years, and it's been one of my best decisions. Omnisend has really changed the way I market to my subscribers. I used to send out bulk emails over time, but now I focus on sending the emails when the subscribers are actually active in the system. I also find that Omnisend has made me a much better marketer in the process.

Cons

Overall I was satisfied and had a great experience, I think businesses lacking in marketing should definitely use it. It works great and I haven't had a problem.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Omnisend review

Reviewed on 2022-11-28

My overall experiance is very good. I would recomende the product to other people or should i say i already did. We are currently running 4 websites on it and we will be doing more. So in my book they have a loyal customer. And yes we have tried others.

Pros

Price for performance doesn't come close to anyone. I think it is right there with Klaviyo but it is a lot cheaper. So that would be the part. Also i ti quite simple to use and to set up. The support is also very responsive but somethimes they don't have all ther right answers. But nevertheles they are there to help.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that i can't search by phone number in the contacts but you have to create a segment. I think the search needs a little work.

Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Mailchimp is really awfull. I can't bare it.

Best price/ performance
Julie
  • Industry: Wholesale

It's good for now

It's okay so far.

It's okay so far.

Pros

I like the design of the email templates.

Cons

The ease of creating and sharing link for landing pages could be more user friendly. There is currently no way to create a link for landing pages.

Flodesk, MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

I wanted to use a software with a better design.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The design of the emails were fitting for fashion.
Hilik

• Customer Support Software

A whole in one - best email marketing solution for agencies and ecommerce

Reviewed on 2022-11-29

Excellent.

Excellent.

Pros

The customer support is excellent. The product itself is user-friendly and easy to use.The automation and segmentation options are advanced and provide great solutions for effective marketing.

Cons

Compared to other software, I'm all satisfied and have no issues.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

The other software did not have the same features, automation options, and personal support as I have with Omnisend.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

I needed an ecommerce platform and also one that can support me as an agency with multiple customers from different industries.Omnisend had the best offer and the features were completing my needs. The intro meeting and demo answered all my questions positively.
Diana
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

Is Omnisend right for you?

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Nuno

• Customer Support Software

Omnisend Competes with big names at a more affordable price

Reviewed on 2021-12-12

Omnisend was an angel from the sky. It helped me to create great abandoned cart emails and flows. Its intelligence allowed me to create with easiness A/B tests to rapidly find the best sequence to use.

My revenue from email sky rocked, not only recovering abandoned carts but also when broadcasting content emails

Pros

Omnisend has a lot of features. Flow automation for me was is one of the best in the market, you can do almost everything with it.
It is a powerful tool for abandoned cart recovery, but also to do cross-sells! It integrates perfectly with Shopify and it only charges you for your active users (the ones that really subscribed to the mailing list and not all your store clients)

Cons

I found it a little bit difficult to work with forms, landing pages, and the email editor. IT is not very easy to work with them and options that are available for forms are a little bit limited. Also, there are some limitations when working and creating customer segments

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

To be true it main reason was the pricing and the fact how Omnisend billed my account.
Nate
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros

Cons

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

ClickFunnels and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost. The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.
Kimberly

Omnisend - A good alternative to Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Our small business has been a paid user of Omnisend for 2 years now and I really love how everything works well and get our mailers and abandoned cart emails delivered to customers' inboxes on time!

Pros

I like that the staff are very prompt and attentive to our inquiries and that the email automation actually works (not being categorised as 'spam' by email providers) with reports of opening and clicking rate.

Cons

I wish there was a one-click button option for us to request for installation or integration of the Omnisend mailers with our website as it is quite frustrating to have to manually request in the chat system everytime we change our site template.

Apart from that, I think it would be good if the automation form could auto-generate a promo code everytime a customers registers a valid email address with us so customers do not have to wait for the email containing the discount to purchase with us.

Erika

Great email platform! Would recommend

Reviewed on 2022-08-25

Pros

It is very easy to use and I am able to drag and drop different sections into my email which allows for easy customization. I can easy duplicate previous emails to keep the template that I have used in the past. There are also new templates that I can choose from if I am stuck. Good price for everything that it offers and it links to my website.

Cons

being able to disable the SMS part for a slight discount and being able to sort contacts easier.

WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

This product seemed easier to use and allowed me to have more contacts in the system.

Good Product for Price

Reviewed on 2021-05-20

We use it to send email campaigns to our following. Whether they are sales, updates, product information, etc. We break them into segments and make sure the information is applicable to each segment.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. We were able to easily set up segments, sync it to our Shopify webstore and create lists based on user's website behaviors.

Cons

I wish it had more integrations with other platforms/softwares. We were actually sold on it having access to some softwares, but it was not the case. I know webhooks can be done, but just involves more cost of developers versus easier integration.

Mary Elizabeth
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Loving Omnisend

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

Omnisend customer support is very responsive and helpful. Overall I really love this product and would recommend it to other businesses.

Pros

I love that we can create newsletters well in advance and automate them to go out. I also love the automation flows and the wonderful robust reporting. This product really has been helpful for growing our business!

Cons

The new builder has issues that the old one never did. You can't put a background on your email, the movement of blocks is strange and not always effective, the product linking is both a good thing and a bad thing.

William
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

Best priced email campaign service

Reviewed on 2022-11-28

I much prefer this over apps like Mailchimp and Constant Contact, both of which were much more expensive for the services I require

Pros

I switched over from Mailchimp to Omnisend because of the price. It turns out, Omnisend's UI and email designer is much more my taste and preference. Very clean and easy-to-use drag and drop method for adding content into emails.

Cons

I haven't been able to utilize every feature in my plan yet because automations and subsets do get a bit confusing. But that's just me in general with this stuff.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Mainly, pricing. Our email list audience size has grown but we are in an awkward area where it's not enough to justify a big audience jump in plans. Omnisend has more audience size tailoring that can fit to the monthly price. This is crucial for small businesses.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Mainly pricing. As we got to play around with Omnisend more, it was definitely the UI as well.
Colin

• Customer Support Software

Surprised at the difference certain features have made

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

I use the product every week and it has proved to be a valuable marketing tool which has helped generate revenue

Pros

Until recently I had not tried the email list sign up options... within 1 month using the wheel of fortune automation my mailing list has grown by 30%

Cons

I'd like access to master classes to help me build my ability to use the various features. Or have one to one support to help me build campaigns the way I have it in my mind.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

In this instance the costs were better and we liked the automation features

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Had the features we wanted at a price our small business could afford
Pearl

• Customer Support Software

I recommend this to all my clients

Reviewed on 2022-11-30

Easy to use, value for money email software for ecomm brands

Easy to use, value for money email software for ecomm brands

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and set up especially as an agency consistently setting this up for clients.

Cons

There are some features not available for web stores not built with Shopify. Would love to see more features for more platforms like woocommerce. But, that being said, they are constantly updating this.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

I needed something built for ecommerce that was affordable and easy to deploy for clients

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Pricing and the partner portal functionality.
Salma
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very Useful for Various Needs on Run a Businesses

Reviewed on 2023-05-13

My experience with Omnisend has been positive, its recommend itby me even with minor issues.

Pros

Omnisend offers a wide range of features including email campaigns, SMS marketing, push notifications, and more. It has nicely user friendly interface, its easy to use. Drag-and-drop editor, and segmentation and automation capabilities really benefit.

Cons

Omnisends features can be buggy or slow to load. And its absoluetly lacks of great customer support.

Keith

A Great Ecommerce Marketing Companion

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

I wouldnt complain about anything, specific. I have never had to reach out to their customer support team, that I can remember.

Pros

THis software is intiutive and helps me gather data and launch campaigns at or above industry bencmarks.. This tools helps me really understand the power of email marketing and the risidual effects of the opt ins. FOr me, I love using sementation and building media audiences and connecting them directly to FB and Google.

Cons

The new email builder is tough to manage. It's clunky and you have to customize nearly everything before sending an email - and when you do an A | B test, it's just not efficient.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Yotpo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Pricing and Features matched my needs and the Shopify integration was very attractive feature.
Nick
  • Industry: Printing

Screen Print Direct - Review

Reviewed on 2022-11-28

Again having email, sms and push notifications all in one platform is huge plus. That alone is why we have stuck with omnisend along with the amazing customer service and constant improvement of the platform

Pros

Ease of use, saved templates, a/b content testing, audience segmenting and the ability to send email, sms and push notifications from one platform.

Cons

The only complaint I have is landing pages. I wish there was an option to build a more robust landing pages where we can send customers to buy a single or few products.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Mailchimp no longer integrated with shopify and drip was not a good fit for ecommerce marketing.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

All in one platform. Email campaigns, automations, sms and push notifications.
Irina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

The best alternative to all the higher priced softwares

Reviewed on 2021-05-06

I swear to my queen Omnisend. 😝🤣 but really, I would recommend this to anyone in the e-commerce space.

It’s even better than klaviyo and I thought klaviyo was ALL THAT.

Pros

THE PRICE! Are you kidding me?! Compared to mailchimp this is pennies. I couldn’t belive I had been spending so much. Such a great team, reply quickly etc.

Cons

The send limits in the beginning but it’s not the worst thing in the world and it actually does your account very good to ensure you don’t go to spam. It’s just annoying

PRIIIIIIICE!

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Initially Price, but now I love all the features, ease of their UI and support team.
Kat

Keeping connected...

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

As mentioned in my review the most important aspect of Omnisend is keeping connected! Whether I use it once a week, once a month or once a quarter, it is an old friend waiting for me to reach out to those who I value in my business!

Pros

Omnisend has had a huge impact on keeping connected with my customers and potential customers. Not only does it interface with my POS, but I can also add contacts easily from a simple sign-up I have inside my shop. My patrons are excited to sign-up and receive new information regarding my classes, products, and services. I am able to get, virtually, instant feedback on interest levels by viewing my report on opens and opt-outs. The Omnisend platform gives me peace of mind and a sincere, personal way to stay connected to current and future customers in a world that is sometimes distant! thank you Omnisend. You are truly a vital part of my business.

Cons

I am very pleased with all the features of this software and have no cons to list at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

The interface with Shopify made my decision to switch easy. Finding the ease of use after the switch...priceless!

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The interface with Shopify and I stayed with it because of it's ease of use.
Iain

• Customer Support Software

A good and inexpensive CRM with lots of easy to use features.

Reviewed on 2022-09-01

Omnisend has helped us grow our mailing list and has made it easy for me to make engaging and good looking email newsletters. Our open rate is around 45% which has been way better than expected. Also, some of the automation (which I need to work more on) has brought in significant extra revenue which we wouldn't have had otherwise.

Pros

The updated email builder functionality is great and makes adding and saving templates much easier. The stats are clear and laid out well in graphs and charts to compare to previous months. Plus, compared to some other CRM providers the cost is reasonable, especially for the functionality provided.

Cons

Some segmentation can be tricky. Also, we had an issue where one bounce from a newsletter we sent resulted in a lot of our emails subscribers being automatically unsubscribed, despite many of them having opened ALL of our previous emails. We had to add them back in manually and it was not possible to find out what had caused that bounce on just one of our newsletters.

Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Better functionality and compatibility with our website.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

It seemed easier to use with better support and better ability to scale without making the price become ridiculous.
Elliot

• Customer Support Software

Omnisend. Great solution for busy marketers.

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

Fantastic onboarding and migration team, they work with you to make sure everything is set up and you are completely happy. The ongoing support is also spot on.

Pros

Lots of automation which is easy to configure out of the box, and easy integration with our eCommerce platform and other marketing apps. It works for us 24/7 and helps convert customers.

Cons

The emails can be a little basic design-wise and it lacks a few features of its main competitors, but this is improving all of the time.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Better Value and deeper integration with our eCommerce package.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

No comparison in ease of use or features.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

You're in for some billing surprises...

Reviewed on 2021-12-03

Pros

The software itself is really intuitive and useful. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons

This billing issue has really soured my feeling about this company. The monthly price that they show on their account page is wrong. They changed pricing over the years that I have been with them - which is absolutely fine. What isn't okay, however, is that where the pricing is shown on the account page is calculated completely wrong. That means, their website was showing that I would be billed $540 per month, and when the bill came in, it was $690. It's very upsetting to not know what to expect. I reached out to omnisend about this and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], but they showed me their pricing page, which still has a different number ($640). Their own team couldn't figure out what I should have been paying! Now they are not taking responsibility for updating their own website to match the real bill. If you value knowing how much something costs every month and transparency, I would not go with this company.

Klaviyo and Drip

Petra

Is Omnisend for me?

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

Very pleasant. Good feedback and support when you need it. For me it is user friendly.

Pros

I really do appreciate the live visitor feature, as it lets me see who and how many potential customers are interested in a specific collection or product.
I usually use the same template, less time spend on trying to figure out is any link is live. Time is money as they say, plus what's familiar, is easy.

Cons

I like to see when new signups happen. See their info to give them a special treat with their shipment. At the moment I don't see that option, though it may just be me not the system. As I say, I don't have much time to explore.

Great E-mail marketing software

Reviewed on 2022-08-30

Pros

Omnisend UX and UI are one of a kind. This platform makes sending emails so easy and satisfying that it's a no brainer to send out campaigns.

Cons

Sadly, it's not natively set up to manage multi-lingual campaigns and automation. That being said, you can still create workarounds for that.

Drip

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Suggestion from a friend.

Because of the UX
Cody

• Customer Support Software

E-Commerce Business driving hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales using Omnisend

Reviewed on 2023-01-15

Pros

The campaign builders integrations make building stoppable e-mails extremely optimized for conversion and the segmenting is really powerful.

Cons

I think in a rare case, the new builder is better than the old. Most softwares and tools we get so attached to that the updated systems don't feel intuitive or easy to use. The new e-mail builder is actually great