Omnisend

Marketing automation for smart ecommerce marketers

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Chetan A.

• Customer Support Software

Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!

Reviewed on 2021-07-04

It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros

Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons

It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Drip and Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

It's the right tool for the email marketing as other tools, as we are on shopify.

Klaviyo and Sendlane

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

It's the best as compared to other tools, and has the same functionalities.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Awesome for communications

Reviewed on 2021-09-22

Omnisend has been a great and easy experience from beginning to end.

Pros

This is a really easy platform to use for sending out mass emails. We used it for internal company communications and it was convenient to set up different audiences to send emails to depending on the subject. The emails are very customizable too.

Cons

The only thing I would choose to improve is the "preview" feature. A lot of the times the preview didn't look exactly like the actual email on my browser (some of the word spacing would be off, pictures slightly different sizes, etc.). Not a big deal but a little annoying.

John B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Promising, but still a lot of work to do.

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

Meh is the best way to describe it. I'm using a number of the features but do not have confidence I'm using it correctly or well. Getting support in a timely and sufficent manner is abysmal at best. Chat doesn't cut it for the depth of insight I'm looking for. Not nearly as resposonsive or interactice as it can and should be.

Pros

The apps integration with Shopify is what appealed most to me, and it appears to be fairly full featured. I was transitioning from MailChimp and needed a solution that offered turnkey engagment tools i.e. pop-up, automation workflows and email.

Cons

Frankly, it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be, not the tools of the help system.

Filippo D.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Pros

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it.

The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future.

To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

MailChimp stopped supporting Shopify. I did not love Mailchimp anyway, the templating is awfull.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The ratio between Feature/Cost is advantageous

Response from Omnisend

Hi Filippo!
Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application.
After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows.
For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message.

Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected]

Irina T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

The best alternative to all the higher priced softwares

Reviewed on 2021-05-06

I swear to my queen Omnisend. đŸ˜đŸ€Ł but really, I would recommend this to anyone in the e-commerce space.

It’s even better than klaviyo and I thought klaviyo was ALL THAT.

Pros

THE PRICE! Are you kidding me?! Compared to mailchimp this is pennies. I couldn’t belive I had been spending so much. Such a great team, reply quickly etc.

Cons

The send limits in the beginning but it’s not the worst thing in the world and it actually does your account very good to ensure you don’t go to spam. It’s just annoying

Klaviyo, Mailchimp and Constant Contact

PRIIIIIIICE!

Klaviyo, Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Initially Price, but now I love all the features, ease of their UI and support team.
Nate P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros

Cons

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

ClickFunnels and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost. The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.
Jess L.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

OmniSend, is a god send!

Reviewed on 2019-08-07

Pros

There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons

As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Previous product was clunky and had a horrible interface.

Fraser N.

• Customer Support Software

Good email service for shopify sites

Reviewed on 2019-12-22

Once a template is established it makes running a newsletter easier than some competitors - very quick and easy to send out and was a better choice than Mailchimp for an ecommerce brand

Pros

It makes good looking emails very quickly and integrates well with Shopify. Support is also very quick and helpful

Cons

It does not have very good selection of optin forms and the formatting available is quite poor so this could definitely be improved

Mailchimp stopped their Spotify integration

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Klaviyo were very uninterested in engaging with me because we started with a small list
Mary M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great all-in-one app

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

Pros

I love the Live View so that I can see which products are being removed from the cart most often. I also love how easy it is to set up my marketing automations. Super user-friendly!

Cons

I wish it would allow you to create a custom e-mail template that you can use to create future campaigns. I end up having to start from scratch every time.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Mailchimp was no longer affiliated with Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The ease of transferring everything over from Mailchimp.
Cassidy C.

• Customer Support Software

PERFECT for my boutique!!

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Awesome app, awesome features! SO glad I made the switch.

Pros

This is such a user friendly platform. I love how I can connect the app right to my shopify site and it makes generating emails SO easy. The live view on the app is also intriguing to watch. I have several automation set up through Omnisend and I have never had any issues with them!

Cons

I haven't really ran into any issues yet! I am getting into more custom work, so hopefully it will be pretty simple to insert some pieces created in Illustrator right to Omnisend.

David B.

• Customer Support Software

Great for newbies and experienced marketers alike

Reviewed on 2018-10-18

We've been able to increase our sales massively over the past year with omnisend it's automation and ability to send series of emails to catch customers eyes is top notch and extremely valuable. We look forward to see how much more the software can help us over the next year!

Pros

The software is one of the easiest to use as a 'newbie' into the world of ecommerce and wanting to connect with customers at the right time for them to spend their money with us. Omisend has such a wide range of tools it's enabled us to remove several other apps and save time by having all the tools in one place. It has also enabled us to increase our revenue which is a massive plus!

Cons

I think the lack of facebook integration to help create adverts that appeal to our customer client base and get them in front of the right people.

Simon J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great replacement for Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

We started using Omnisend as a replacement for Mailchimp once the Mailchimp app was no longer supported in Shopify. The switch was effortless and set up very simple. So far, segmenting our audience, designing emails and creating automations has all gone very smoothly and I never wish we still used Mailchimp. That said I think the mobile specific design options could be greatly improved - but Mailchimp was weak in that area too!

Pros

Drag and drop design functions very well. Segmenting is easy.

Cons

I'd like a few more standard design options and I think specific design options for how emails will appear in mobile would be a good improvement.

Old ESP integration no longer supported in Shopify

Price initially.
Karen C.

Love Omnisend

Reviewed on 2021-05-11

Pros

Better deal for email marketing than most companies. Very easy to use

Cons

Expensive to upgrade :( Each time we have to go up in plans, it costs a fortune. Seems to be the case with most though.

Fahad T.

From Mail Chimp to Omnisend

Satisfying

Pros

Being a Mail Chimp user it self is satisfying marketing experience and does not need to change. But using Omnisend I have realized how convenient and comfortable it can be to market your product & implement customer equalization strategies & for that reason I am completely satisfied with Omnisend.

Cons

looking for how many new subscribers numbers is a bit of hassle may be will improve with time.

Crystal F.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Love Omnisend

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

Omnisend has helped my business tremendously. It has allowed me to automate some processes, which saves me time with my business. The cost is very affordable.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use. I am able to set up monthly newsletters without any issues. This has helped my business with customer retention

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about Omnisend. I switched from another company to this one, and I am happy.

Andrew B.

Excellent Marketing and Automation Application

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

We're able to automate customer emails (post-order) with product specific detailed information.

Pros

automation email features and ability to customize order confirmation emails based on rules to avoid what was a manual process previously.
robust all-in-one app that includes campaigns, forms and contact storage

Cons

wish the preset templates in the email campaigns were more robust.

Ryan B.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

So far so good, I haven't had any issues or complaints. Seems to be working great!

Pros

The automation that we setup for our sample clients. We send an email 10 days after purchase to follow up on their sample.

Cons

Not sure, haven't used it for much more than that.

The cost

Cost and features
Katie F.
  • Industry: Design

Great Email Campaign service

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

I love it. I use Shopify so its super easy to pull things from my store as well as the interface is very intuitive and doesn't need a whole lot of time to figure out how to use. I have peace of mind knowing I have an email campaign and analytics to tell me how each campaign is performing.

Pros

It is easy to use and gives you many pieces of content to add to email campaigns, workflows and forms. Super easy to edit and add images and templates for future use. Very user friendly and beautiful UI to work in.

Cons

Might want a few more options when it comes to layout ideas as well as content to drag into an email body. Also could use some blog inspiration that could be sent out weekly/ monthly to give users ideas on the many different ways they can use the service.

Lucas D.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

This is great!

Reviewed on 2019-08-05

Pros

The design and speed of the platform itself. Other web-based e-mail managers are bulky and slow.

Cons

The fact that there isn't location-based pricing; for instance, I own a store that's based in Brazil and have to pay in dollars, which means the overall cost of the platform goes up by about 4x as per current exchange rates and taxes attached to purchasing foreign currency.

Jordan G.

• Customer Support Software

Omnisend is a clear winner for us

Reviewed on 2020-12-16

Overall it's been a pretty solid one.

Pros

I really like that omnisend is so easy to get up and start using and not to mention it's also so much cheaper than it's alternatives.

Cons

If anything their platform is a bit newer so integrations are not as plentiful compared to others.

Cheaper
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to drive more sales

Reviewed on 2018-08-16

We're easily driving more revenue with existing customer base, mainly because of using Omnisend and the right strategy.

Pros

Easy to get started and full stack functionalities for ecommerce business

Cons

The design is very intuitive and easy to use, however the graphic design might be better.

Connor L.

Instant Social Growth

Reviewed on 2018-10-19

Www.instantsocialgrowth.com collected thousands of leads and processed hundreds of purchases and sent out free purchase email sequences for all of them without spending a cent. Will upgrade to paid plan soon for better forms and abandoned cart sequence.

Pros

Easy to setup and use, multi-functionality even with the free version.

Cons

Haven't had any issues, great product, have recommended it to many clients and installed it on every shopify store I work on.

Rick R.

Omnisend

Reviewed on 2019-08-07

Pretty easy to manage.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to integrate with Optimonk popup system. Tracking is good and the fact we can use triggers at any stage in the buying process and after sales setup is profitable.

Integrated newsletter setup is a bonus. So is the abandoned cart feature set. We don't need to rely on another plugin or app to get that functionality.

Finally, the Facebook Messenger integration is a no brainer!

Cons

Some issues with Shopify integration when our theme is already heavily customised. No biggie, just took a bit of extra programming to get working...

Lekhinee D.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Omnisend review

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

I would say it was perfect. It was a dozen times simpler than mailchimp and that's what i love abot this. own an e commerce website and handle everything single handedly so i do not have much time to spend on making emails. Omnisend is perfect- Helps me get expert quality of work done in half the time!

Pros

I love the ease of workflow. I have used Mailchimp but its too complicated and doesn't have the functionality that you provide in the free version like product addition from the website. I think the website segmentation of customers for emailers is also extremely helpful. No need to create a different excel sheet everytime you want to target a particular customer segment.

Cons

I think you could do better with providing more automation functions in the free plan like mailchimp does. There is limited scope to run automations on a free plan. A small business like mine currently can't afford to many marketing overheads.

Channel H.

Ominsend Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

So far it's been really good and I like it overall

Pros

I like how it's easy to set up and I like the workflows

Cons

I wish it was easier to customize the display of the emails