RecDesk

Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Heather

• Customer Support Software

Working with RecDesk has helped us streamline the registration process for our staff and...

Reviewed on 2017-12-06

Pros

The ease of use. It is intuitive to use, which makes training new staff super easy. It is also simple for our customers to use the community portal. The staff and the consumers love that once their household information is saved it makes registration simple and quick. Our staff loves everything about the software. We are constantly impressed with the new features that are added on a regular basis. Often we'll be wishing for an improvement on something and before we can ask about it they make it happen! We are so happy we chose RecDesk over it's competitors! They can't be beat for customer service and price!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is people can create multiple profiles. I wish there was a way it recognized a person's email or mailing address and alerted them they already have a profile with us.

Response from RecDesk

Thanks for the review Heather. We do have duplicate account detection that will do just what you ask - Maureen will contact you about activating it for your account!

Kristie

Easy yet Precise!

Reviewed on 2023-05-25

Phenomenal! Thank you for the kindness and the fabulous product!

Phenomenal! Thank you for the kindness and the fabulous product!

Pros

Easy, Easy, Easy! Everything is easy once set up it established. Learning the system is literally a breeze. I love the 'Resources' (how-to lookup) tab which is always visible when using RecDesk. Customer Service is AMAZING! Everyone is super friendly and everyone is willing to share all their knowledge.

Cons

Setting up Bulk Email Campaigns is easy; however, you have to enter a different 'campaign' every time you'd like to send an email. You can schedule ahead, but, I do hope a 'copy' function is added in this module to easily re-announce the programs (i.e.: registration ends soon, registration ends tomorrow, etc.).

MyRec.com and CivicRec

Reasons for Choosing RecDesk

Previous administration was not pleased with the functionality. I never delved into SportsEngine so I can't say for sure the downfalls.

SportsEngine

Reasons for Switching to RecDesk

Ease in navigating and manipulating the product/modules; everything is 'at-a-glance' and the short-cuts built in to each page is a fabulous toggling tool!
Courtney
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Recdesk Review

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

We are a City and use recdesk city wide. I like the ease of use for the program.

Pros

The extensive database. The ease of member registrations.

Cons

Not having the ability to use memberships and Point of sale together.

Bonnie

Pool Membership

Reviewed on 2023-11-06

RecDesk makes my job a lot easier by putting the data entry on the members.

RecDesk makes my job a lot easier by putting the data entry on the members.

Pros

It's so much easier than using our old system. It's more user friendly and it's easier to navigate through the system

Cons

Certain reports we were able to generate on our old system are not available or you need to run multiple reports to generate the same information. Made some requests for these changes.

Jennifer

RecDesk Daily User

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

Love it and any time we need help, customer service is quick, friendly and knowledgeable! Always top-notch!

Pros

It is very easy to use and very easy to train new employees on it!

Cons

It would be helpful if members could not create duplicate accounts. We have some people with 5+ different accounts and it's time consuming to merge accounts so that families only have one account.

Jane

So Far So Good!

Reviewed on 2024-01-24

Pros

The set up has been very well supported and I could not be happier with the tutorial content and customer support. We have just started using REC DESK, and so far so good!

Cons

I would like better invoice information for the members. It would be better to see items on the invoice with the total amount owing. Also, it would be very good if the member could have an e-mail function, or way to send their invoice to someone else.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Great for program recreation!

Reviewed on 2024-01-24

Pros

The program works great for program management and recreation. That is my main use

Cons

The features are not intuitive and have a learning curve.

Lanny

Parks and Recreation

Reviewed on 2024-02-02

Great so far, helpful and appears easy to use.

Great so far, helpful and appears easy to use.

Pros

Efficiency, reduces calls and foot traffic in the office. Online reservations, registrations and memberships.

Cons

Building the program because it is a lot but we knew we would have to do that to make it specific to our organization.

Rick

Excellent interface

Reviewed on 2024-01-19

Pros

With the numerous functions that we use daily, RecDesk helps us to process customer information in a timely manner.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like with RecDesk. Once you learn how to move from screen to screen, it makes access to the processing and storage of information easy to use.

Indiana

Great experience using RecDesk

Reviewed on 2024-01-25

Great experience. I appreciate the filtering system as well. Thank you!

Great experience. I appreciate the filtering system as well. Thank you!

Pros

Easy, simple and organized. I like how I can export items needed and unselect ones I don't.

Cons

Takes a while but as long as you can read it's manageable.

Matt

• Customer Support Software

Great product - Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2022-05-09

Excellent customer service.

Excellent customer service.

Pros

I really liked how easy this software is to use. With very little training, a new employee can pick up its functionality and navigation easily.

Cons

We run after school programs and summer camps and there are some features in Camp Specific Software that don't work as well in Rec Desk. There are ways to get the information but its not as streamlined as a general program registration.

MyRec.com and Sportsman Web

Reasons for Switching to RecDesk

Affordability and easy of use. Some of the other vendors some steps were counter intuitive and took longer than seemed necessary
Dana

Recreation User Review

Reviewed on 2023-11-02

Overall very good experience. Customer support team works to make needed improvements

Pros

User friendly. Customer Support very responsive

Cons

Member record is hard to put kids from split family without duplicating

Phil

CIty of Garnett Review

Reviewed on 2023-03-17

It has been EXCELLENT from the sales people to the trainers to the customer support it has been fabulous. I have nothing but good things to say about the team there at RecDesk. They are very quick to respond and always a wealth of knowledge. It feels like we are their only client the attention that we get when we need it. I would and have recommended RecDesk to everyone that asks about what we use. It is a great product and the team you have behind it makes it even better.

Pros

It is very easy to use. We have a lot of turnover in our front desk staff with them being high school students. It is very easy to train them on how to use the system and they catch on very quickly. We are also able to offer online payments for those that do not live in town. We also can allow for automatic renewal if a patron chooses to use that option. It is very easy to keep organized with all the programs we run and the numerous reports we can run helps us with budgeting at the end of the year. We can also evaluate our programs based on profit and the number of users in each program.

Cons

We use the system for camping reservations and it does not work exactly how we would like but it gets the job done.

Jeanne
  • Industry: Government Relations

• Customer Support Software

So glad we made the switch!

Reviewed on 2022-09-07

Our experience with RecDesk has been good from the beginning. The RecDesk staff will work with you to get everything set up. They guide you through the changes, etc, so you learn the system, instead of them doing it for you.

Pros

The ease of use is probably its best feature! There is a slight learning curve as with anything new, but practice makes perfect. This is pretty much a standalone software for use. We use it primarily for league scheduling, facility rentals, and minimal program registrations and POS. We are still discovering hidden features. The Customer Service is great!

Cons

>No toggle box for Tax Exempt Status. We would love to see a toggle box for Tax Exempt Status on the member accounts, so that we would not have to remove sales tax for each transaction.
>Trying to make cancel a reservation and credit the household account on a multi-reservation, multi-pament invoice can be a little tricky if you don't know which payment covers the reservation being cancelled.
One other thing I find a disadvantage is that too many capabilities are lumped together under the user roles.

Megan

• Customer Support Software

User friendly software with great support

Reviewed on 2022-09-13

Great! It's userfriendly. I've recommended it to others.

Great! It's userfriendly. I've recommended it to others.

Pros

Customer support is key and is great. We find things here and there that would make our navigation easier but for the most part having someone easily explain another way is great.

Cons

I have submitted many requests since we purchased in 2019, definitely look those up.
Pulling POS reports could be easier
Looking up someone by their first name only (not just exporting to excel)
Viewing someone's waivers from their profile would be better than having to find them in the Membership tab and option

Dani
  • Industry: Program Development

2 Years with RecDesk

Reviewed on 2022-08-16

We’ve gone completely paper free in the last two years. The administration portion of my job has gone from 90% paperwork to 40% and most of that entails running reports.

Pros

RecDesk is very easy to use for a one person department—features are manageable, yet quick and easy enough to set a program up within 5 minutes and get it published.

Cons

I really, truly wish, that the registration process was easier for my residents. I’ve had many complaints that the process is too time consuming and they just call me to have me do it. I also wish that the program wouldn’t allow residents to register for more than one program at the same time scheduled.

Todd

RecDesk Review

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

Pros

The ease of use is the best thing about RecDesk, I can hire a new employee and with a month of usage they are trained.

Cons

I make all of my schedules on a schedule maker and then have to hand-upload them all and it takes forever. I would love to see a schedule uploader to load them into the system for me.

Brice

• Customer Support Software

Simple, great communication, wonderful response time

Reviewed on 2017-12-11

Simple structured registration software that gets the job done. Other registration software can be overwhelmingly (and unnecessarily) complex, both for the user and administrator.

Pros

Ease of use for both my department and users. Also, the response time is amazing when I have any questions about our community site.

Cons

I cannot add/update certain portions of our RecDesk website, such as pictures or drop down menus. It would be nice to be able to do these things myself, instead of having to request RecDesk to do them for me.

Response from RecDesk

Thank you Brice!

Johanna

• Customer Support Software

Recdesk is the most user friendly software behind the scenes & for our customers.

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Pros

How easy it is to use, it took me less than a few days when I started the job to get the hang of it & it's very easy to go back & fix a mistake.

Cons

That we can't edit the webpage as much as we used to do. (i.e. flyers on the front page). We like to promote upcoming events & we can't do that anymore.

Response from RecDesk

Thanks for great review Johanna. As you know, Mahomet was our very first customer back in 2006 and set us on our journey to being the Leader in Easy to Use Recreation Management Software.

Kevin

golf maine park district

Reviewed on 2023-10-25

Very positive experience from the ease of inputting programs and customers to invoicing and taking payments.

Pros

The ease of customer inputting and invoicing is key. Its fast an efficient.

Cons

There is no time-clock management for employees. This would be a game changer.

Charles

• Customer Support Software

Great software with outstanding features.

Reviewed on 2017-09-05

Very beneficial software that has allowed staff more time to work on other projects, instead of having to worry about other issues this product solves.

Pros

The features offered with such a small price tag. Additionally, the customer service is second to none.

Cons

The compatibility with different operating systems. We have had some problems with the cash box actuation not working with Firefox or Google Chrome.

Response from RecDesk

Appreciate it Charlie.

Angie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Good

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Pros

On line registration is very user friendly and easy for our customers and ourselves.

Cons

The only con is one that any program would struggle with. We have 7 different municipalities within our school district and residents are charged a certain rate and non residents a different rate. We have to watch this very carefully so people are charged the correct rate

Response from RecDesk

Thanks for taking time to review our platform Valerie. We do offer the capability to upload a list of addresses for residency validation - contact your Customer Success Rep to learn more. It was released last year and you may not have seen the announcement!

Carrie

• Customer Support Software

The customer service with RecDesk has been above and beyond!

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

This software has allowed our organization to be online and has allowed for online registration by our program participants.

Pros

It is very user friendly and very little needs to be done to get up and running. We do not pay per user which is great for our department as we have lots of seasonal staff and users change frequently.

Cons

I think there are some small options that could be changed/modified that would really enhance our department's use of the software.

Response from RecDesk

Thanks Carrie - we've enjoyed serving Elyria these past two years!

Lori

Feedback

Reviewed on 2023-10-30

Pros

All the options for membership or non-membership

Cons

So, far it has been great for what we are using it for in our clinic.

Kellie

• Customer Support Software

Amazing, user friendly, everything we needed

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Online registration, permitting of fields, and financial reports that our accounting dept. approves of.

Pros

Online registrations for our residents. We have never had this feature before and having the residents go in and handle the registrations and permit fees has saved us a large amount of time.

Cons

Residents are getting the head of household information wrong. They will put that the child is paying for the camp and when refunds are given it is under the child's name.

Response from RecDesk

Thanks Kellie!