4.6
Industry: Writing & Editing

KISS for email marketing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020-09-01

I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Pros

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Cons

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Ryan S.
Industry: Music

Love it!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Stellar.

Pros

It's free if you're under 2k recipients, which I am. More importantly, it's easy to use, easy to set up good-looking emails, and I can customize anything. No learning-curve. It's a quick dive-in. Easy to update and modify my contacts list.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints. It's good.

Ian R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I Only Use This Software Because it Works

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

Cons

It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

Ryan B.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Email Service Anywhere

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Pros

I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times.

The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy.

The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Cons

None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Mo C.
Company size: Self Employed

EmailOctopus is the best value for email marketing hands down!

Reviewed on 2018-09-29

EmailOctopus lets me email by list affordably, quickly, and easily. It enabled me to reach my customers regularly with a high deliverability rate, virtually no spam complaints (EmailOctopus is integrated with Amazon SES) , and the price cannot be beat. Forget the rest and use EmailOctopus!

Pros

EmailOctopus is easy to use, has a clean and simple to use interface, and has the best price for email marketing that makes it affordable. I tried many other competitors, and EmailOctopus is the best by far.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to segment email lists and more ready-to-use templates.

Pete S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

EmailOctopus is a Great Inexpensive Option Among a Field of Competitors Pricing Out Small Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2020-09-10

It has been easy, affordable, and effective to get our email campaigns going with EmailOctopus. It really is the right solution for us.

Pros

It is the price and simplicity that drew me to EmailOctopus and make it the right solution for our organization. While it lacks some of the advanced features of competitors like MailChimp and Constant Contact, it has the features that we need to manage our email campaigns. List management, simple segmentation, basic email campaigns, and a simple editor that makes it easy to create good looking emails is exactly what we needed.

Cons

I wish that we could do a little more with the custom fields in the member lists. For example, you can't include dynamic content based on a field on a subscriber's profile except for the contents of the field itself.

Anja C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

It's easy so I actually use it!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-09-29

I love how easy it is to use and if I have any issues, customer service is always excellent!!

Pros

I love how simple Email Octopus is to use. Because of this I actually send regular emails and stay in contact with my customers. I'm not ultra tech savvy so this is perfect for me.

Cons

I wish I could segment my lists more and have more ability to drill down and only send certain follow up emails to certain customers.

Response from EmailOctopus

Hi Anja,

We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business.

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas G.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Extremely efficient way to handle mailing lists

Works really well

Pros

Cheaper than mailchimp, good dashboards, has bookfunnel integration api, great campaign and automation planning tool

Cons

mailing list segmentation has limited features

Response from EmailOctopus

Hi Thomas,

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Marzio V.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: Self Employed

Very good mailing service.

Reviewed on 2020-10-05

Pros

It's easy, inexpensive and works very fine. I love it!

Cons

I have not yet found something that I need and it cannot do.

Katrina W.

Everyone should switch over

Reviewed on 2019-05-02

I'm a new business with a small budget. EmailOctopus helps me stay in contact with a large number of people without obliterating my profits so I have a chance to keep growing.

Pros

EmailOctopus offers everything I need to create and manage my newsletters at a price point I can actually afford. It's helping my early-stage business punch well above its weight.

Cons

Getting set up and designing emails used to be a bit more work than other platforms. Now that the drag-and-drop design tools and other features have been upgraded, most of these gaps have closed.

Dr. albert K.
Industry: Education Management

EmailOctopus Client Review

Reviewed on 2019-05-02

We have tried several marketing platforms from Sendgrid to MailChimp but nothing beats EmailOctopus in terms of delivery rate, customer support and the pricing is great! This software is indeed value for money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to succeed in email marketing.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support is great! It is also value for money and the delivery rate is excellent.

Cons

Nothing much but just increase the number of templates. Also, add the ability for clients to download those who have read the campaigns and automatically engage these clients

Maggie C.
Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Email Service and Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2019-05-02

Excellent. The support has been fantastic, and it is excellent value.

Pros

Once I went through the learning curve, I found it much faster and easier to use than the other services, and I've been with the big three. I'd take Octopus over them in a heartbeat!

Cons

When you copy and paste text, it lands as a solid block. I have to re-enter the paragraphs. But all the other features make up for it. Also, there's no filter to check if there are duplicate entries in more than one segment, but I understand that's coming.

Daniel P.
Industry: Computer Software

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

I love it! I also love the customer support.

Pros

The ease of use and the transparency the service provides. Very user friendly and simple to use!

Cons

I can not think of anything off of the top.

Colin W.
Industry: Media Production

A Simpler & Cheaper Newsletter Option

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Pros

It's minimalist and clean—just the essentials, no unnecessary decorations. And that simplicity is tethered to a very usable interface, and an incredibly competitive pricing model.

Cons

There are still some features on costlier competitors that I miss, but 95% of the time, these aren't an issue. And I suspect that over time, many of them will be added. I'm willing to wait because of the crazy amount of money I'm saving.

Said H.
Industry: Internet

Good software for basic campaign sending

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-05-02

Pros

It does what it is for : sending compaigns with a good value for money

Cons

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work

Koray E.
Industry: Hospitality

great

Reviewed on 2019-05-02

i prefer first because of the economic, so it saves my budget.

Pros

low price and easy to organize all in their system

Cons

organizing email templates is so easy in their system

Abs F.

So easy to use with great deliverability

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017-12-21

Pros

I have a large mailing list which became expensive on Mailchimp. I moved my business from Mailchimp to EmailOctopus. I haven't looked back since. It's very cheap and I get fantastic deliverability.

Russell N.
Industry: Publishing

I was using another service, and I'm getting way better deliverability now!

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

I can send emails for cheaper, with better deliverability.

Pros

I love the deliverability and the price. I'm paying way less than before and getting a lot more out of it.

Cons

I don't like the email set up. I think there should be a better email builder. Additionally, my click rate isn't as good as with my last service, even though my deliverability is better, which again, can be improved with making a better builder. I spent way too long trying to figure out the builder, and had to go into the HTML to make it work.

Koray cenk E.
Industry: Hospitality

Great Solution for business

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

I organize my emails very speedy and without spending much time.
And yes the best things is the price of all these services.
It is so economical.

Pros

I used another software and when you calculate prices Email Octopus looks best.

Cons

You should do some changes in the future for easy searching tools.
Also, i discuss this with you and you reply me kindly to do it in the near future :)

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great value for tinkerers

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018-10-09

From what I know, it's mostly the work of 2 people. Which is impressive. The tool however feels very half-baked, compared to Sendy for example. I've used for a few months, then quit for another system that used the same Amazon SES infrastructure.

Pros

- Very clean and easy to understand interface.
- Once you get it up and running, it's a breeze to send emails.
- There's a free plan to start with.

Cons

- Hard to start sending emails - you have to be approved by Amazon, then request an increase in sending limits. It's a bit of a hassle.
- Automation features feel very shallow.
- The forms are nothing interesting, but they do work.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andoni S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Good option to start with email marketing

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-01-29

Pros

Integrates very easy with amazon ses and that makes the deliverability rate be so high!

Cons

The automation is very poor. You can't send emails based on behaviour but just with a delay of hours/days/weeks.

Ashton A.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Mailchimp who?

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Pros

I had been using mailchimp but found it very expensive for what I was getting. So I tried out EmailOctopus... and promptly cancelled my mailchimp account. It is user friendly and has great features. I can do everything I need to do without extending my budget. The pricing for what you get is AMAZING!

Cons

Have yet to find anything. I am still new but so far, so good.

Kristian V.
Industry: Information Services

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020-09-14

Amazing. Great support, fantastic features & unbelievable ease of use.

Pros

A simple, powerful tool to automate & scale your email communication.

Cons

There are no cons. The company is growing, and progressively improving their services.

Ryan A.
Industry: Political Organization

EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Pros

The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Cons

I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

Industry: Real Estate

The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros

The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons

The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.