Tripleseat

470 Software options

Meg B.

LOVE Tripleseat!

Reviewed on 2019-06-03

Tripleseat helped me almost double my sales in one year, just from taking me a way from my color-coded sticky note and hard-copy calendar system. It makes it easier to take vacations and leave the other managers with clear instructions of what they need, communicate with my team and client at the same time so everyone is on the same page, etc. I also work from home most of the time so my Chef and GM have access to all of the BEO's and client information so they can see everything without me having to be there to bring it to them. Overall I love it!

Pros

I'll start out by saying that I'm a one woman operation. I'm the only one in our restaurant that sells, details and facilitates all of our events, plus plans all of our in-house events, plus managing the actual restaurant side...so I have a lot to do! Tripleseat makes my job exponentially easier and more streamlined. One of my favorite things is that they listen to their users. Every month there is something updated that makes it that much butter, and their customer service is fantastic. They've also started hosting events so you can get hands on training, meet the team, etc. I love that!

Cons

There are a lot of features that I don't use being one person in one unit. It would be nice if there were different tiers of pricing based on the parts you use and those you don't (like a Tripleseat Lite vs. Tripleseat Multi-Unit). That's about it!

Gather and Caterease

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

We liked the interface better and thought the systems they used were more in tune with what we needed.
Heather O.

• Customer Support Software

Review of Gather software.

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

Being able to check in on other/all locations
Speed of producing proposals to send to clients.

Pros

Use of templates and ease of data transferring within system, reports, etc.
Customer service is on point!
'live' edits

Cons

Not being able to change titles of some items.
Being more in line for full service and not catering how we do.
Not being able to save locations for deliveries with notes.
Having to export items to excel to get reports
Not having a 'product mix' report of menu items

Dan B.

Excellent Software with a Few Frustrating Quirks

Reviewed on 2019-04-17

It has been an overall success at easily keeping our client focused. Instead of using many different software apps, booking, payment etc, it creates a single portal and eliminates many questions we were faced with prior to implementing. Sales tracking and other features are simple without the hassle of Salesforce integration.

Pros

The Event Portal feature. Each event having its own specialized url that allows the client to see everything in a very organized fashion makes the process of converting a quote to a sale much easier. The integration of credit card processing (we used Stripe) keeps the client from using other options (like Square) that would force them away from the portal.

Cons

Trying to keep you locked into their email ecosystem. The email integration is terrible. I wish they would support a Gmail integration. If I want to get my client to approve a proposal - they have to be emailed through their own email system that is not as user friendly and completely breaks the cohesiveness and intent of the software when I have two different email chains happening (which the client flips between without realizing). Make the event approval option available without having to email them please.

In addition, they will charge you for leads from Yelp, even if they don't book! It is a very shady practice that needs to stop. Focus on good software, not making money off lead conversions from third party lead sites please.

Melissa L.

Overall Great!

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

Keeping organized with Gather is a breeze!

Pros

The ease of Gather is truly amazing! The report functions I use daily to see overall growth and what needs to be improved on. The calendar is able to be viewed on the app along with a desktop as well as edited on the go from a cell phone. All documents are easy to read for sales coordinators, chefs, as well as servers. Creating events is easy and tracking channels for marketing is a great way to keep updated on marketing campaigns. Also staying organized through Gather is great by creating tasks, not only for yourself, but interns or other sales coordinators. The messaging system is great for communication with other team members.

Cons

I would love to see the sales coordinator on the pop up portion of the calendar. Also, the messages changed into a drop down, however, when you are trying to scroll for some thing, clicking on every single individual message is time consuming and everything should be about saving time. The app is only for viewing and not able to do any editing, which does not save time. Sometimes there is slowness or some glitches, such as Gather cancelling the event or duplicating the event when creating.

Nicole R.

• Customer Support Software

Event Planning Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

Not only is the Gather team extremely helpful and responsive, but since I have switched it has cut my work time down significantly!

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and saves me time! I love everything about gather! Reporting is easy to generate, message templates cut down my work time, the online cc and event agreement make it easy for my team to reference and of course the Gather team is always friendly, helpful and has become an extension of my own team.

Cons

Honestly I do not have any complaints about the software maybe that I didn't use it sooner. I would like if they partnered with OpenTable, but I believe they are working on that.

Erin J.

• Customer Support Software

Tripleseat is a life saver in the event planning world!

Reviewed on 2017-10-18

I'm happier and more productive at work. We also have happier customers who feel better taken care of. We are more thorough and proactive and our guests can tell. It also helps us stay on top of past guests/events so we remember to stay in touch and keep them coming back!

Pros

It really helps me and my team stay organized and better work together. Since transitioning to Tripleseat, all members of the team can work on each event instead of us each working in our own bubble. Events are more thorough, cohesive and guests get better attention. The tasks in the system are the best "task management" tool I've come across.

Cons

It sometimes feels that the help desk doesn't listen to you when you're trying to voice a complaint/error. They're quick to blame you or your other software before they even try to understand the issue and almost refuse to get on the phone with you.

Lauren H.

• Customer Support Software

Changed the way we do business!

Reviewed on 2018-08-09

Tripleseat has truly been a game changer for us! We are definitely happy with their services, however we would love to see some custom changes in the near future.

Pros

Previously, all of our event leads were coming in directly through email and we were tracking by typing them into our outlook calendar. Stone ages, I tell ya! Now, our entire events team has access to all conversations, can edit contracts at any given time and are able to cut down our response time in half. Tripleseat has been a huge improvement for us!

Cons

Some of the customizations and communication pieces aren't super helpful. We've had an issue with multiple emails being sent to our shared inbox, but received very little help to fix the problem. Additionally, the email thread is very hard to read sometimes when the body of the email is copied in. The communication flow could be a lot cleaner. We also would like to see a place where we can store data regarding the event (post event), particularly follow up notes.

Natalie A.
  • Industry: Sports

Recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

Overall, the experience with Gather has been great. The Customer Support is amazing, and is always quick to respond and fix any issues you may have. Everything is easy and user friendly.

Pros

This software is SUPER user friendly. I have used it my past couple positions because of how easy it is for not only my position, but anyone else who needs to look into any of the event details.

I also like the unlimited viewer side of things. Communication is key and if everyone can have access to all details of the event, it makes it much easier.

All of my clients find it easy to use as they can view all of their details on their BEO, and sign off on everything electronically.

Being able to jump on the app is very helpful. If I am not at my desk or in the office, I am able to pull up any details anywhere.

Cons

I don't like that you are not able to edit a few forms that are already in Gather. We work with it, but it causes a bit more work on my end.

Joey A.

Goat Herding Made Easier

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

Tripleseat is a grand-slam for organizing and executing event contracts, creating a usable database of customer & leads and making internal communications easy and efficient.

Pros

Tripleseat enables us to organize the information for coordinating, planning and executing events between our clients and our management team in a very clean and efficient manner. The communication threads keep all the details that matter under one roof. I also love that the client can browse our menus and make the critical decisions on their own time streamline the process of finalizing contracts and BEOs.

Cons

I wish there was a more robust financial modeling component allowing better forecasting and analysis.
Also after the initial set up it can be a bit cumbersome and complicated to change layouts and graphics.

Nicole O.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Tripleseat has made my job so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017-10-20

Ease of doing my job, tons of time saved.

Pros

The best feature in Tripleseat is the ability to make a change once, to multiple documents. This saves so much time and energy! I love the ability to completely customize the program itself, too. Reporting has never been easier. Simply select what you want to see, then generate. Their helpdesk staff are incredible as well--very speedy and informative. Overall, could not do my job without this software system!

Cons

The only downside is not being able to print calendars. I do understand the reason though--Tripleseat is meant to be current and up-to-date at all times. Once you print the calendar it is no longer accurate, essentially. However, there is still a need for printed calendars in my job.

Christina G.

Gather Review

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

I find it to be user friendly for all levels of technical ability. Its quick and easy to use and I love the ability to share banquet event order changes with the guests in real time.

Pros

I love the functionality of the software, from the writing process to the use of the app, its all seamless

Cons

I wish reporting showed how much business is on the books at any specific date so we could track booking progress by date.

Aristede C.

A Restaurant Manager's Success with Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019-05-30

Overall guest satisfaction has increased with Tripleseat as it allows for thorough communication between a client, the sales team, and the service team. The level of attention to the guest needs and desires has had a positive impact on service via Tripleseat.

Pros

I like the discussions tab. It allows for the effective communication necessary for the execution of a successful event. You are able to communicate with the guest, sales manager, and service team. The discussions tab has allowed up to date info available in a real time setting. For example, just today we have a dinner for 16 guests that we were able to share the guests expectations and needs with our service team that were not available in the BEO.

Cons

The daily notices do not always contain accurate information. Sometimes a party's size or booked room may change and the daily email notice does not contain the changed status.

Jessica H.

Great Analyitical Software, Could Use Improvements

Reviewed on 2019-11-05

Pros

I love how analytical and in depth Tripleseat is! It is so helpful for keeping track of our records. I have used two other event planning softwares and Tripleseat has been my favorite so far because of this reason.

Cons

There is no mobile app for Tripleseat, which is very important for event users in the industry. We can look on the browser version, but it is not as user friendly. I also dislike the thread in which all emails are sent from and to clients, mainly because of the long email domain that typically causes our emails to go into spam, but also because we've had issues with sending an internal email to the client, even when we deleted the client email from receiving the reply.

Janell B.

Gather by Gather Technologies Review

Reviewed on 2019-05-11

I am guilty of not jumping on the webinars to see whats new, so my customer support reached out to me directly to schedule a video conference to walk through things she noticed we haven't been utilizing. VERY helpful!

Pros

I LOVE the App! Being an administrator, I need the access to constantly update/edit and send out communication and emails through the software, and Gather is very user friendly.

Cons

I would like to see a printable version of the Calendar. We need to pass it out to about 50 people to let them know what events to expect and their time frames. Currently, we have to use a blank Google calendar and type each event and its location and time frame in to each day of the week.

James M.

• Customer Support Software

Tripleseat is a software you NEED!

Reviewed on 2019-05-21

Tripleseat has completely transformed the way I do business. Moving from paper quotes and contracts to having an actual system like a corporation to manage my customers. It’s night and day the amount of information I know about my customers now and as the owner, I like that I can see where each customer is in the sales funnel. It’s made our company paperless and so much more organized. In the end, our customers trust us more because we never miss a detail and my employees save time because they aren’t endlessly chasing down information.

Pros

Very easy to learn and setup due to the onboarding team and account representative.

Cons

It’s hard to find something I don’t like about tripleseat. I guess my only complaint would be there’s no mobile app, just a mobile website. So you have to sign in each time on mobile. It’s really not a bother, but if you are forcing me to say something negative, that’s all I can think of!

Ryan M.

Observations

Reviewed on 2019-11-06

Overall, everything has been great. Every time I've needed help with something, the customer service has been prompt, kind, thorough and very helpful.

Pros

Being able to keep everything centrally located and organized.

Cons

It would be nice if there was greater communications between discussions with a lead then turned into an event. I have had a couple occasions that something was discussed with a guest but was unable to find the conversation.

It would be nice if the printable calendar of events was more clear with what is confirmed or prospect. The text is too small and doesn't contain the basic info of what some of my team would need at first glance. I post a paper copy of out scheduled events for the month for everyone to reference but doesn't provide them the basic necessary information.

Casey P.

Tripleseat Review

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

It's been great and a true asset once we got the hang of it.

Pros

This is a great software to receive event leads directly from our website. It also helps to track leads to bookings ratio. I love that people can pay directly through triple seat. It really helps to streamline our event management system. I also love that they can sign contracts electronically and view all of their contracts and payments in their viewing portal. The reporting feature is an awesome way to keep track of revenue.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to set up the reminders in a way that is beneficial to us. It seems to have a lot of ways to automatically remind users of when they need to reach out to get information, pay the final bill, etc. but it isn't very straight forward. The website itself could be designed a little better... but it's not terrible.

Melissa A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to Use and Very Effective

Reviewed on 2018-08-10

Pros

I am from a hotel background. After using a certain product for many years I was a little nervous of using Tripleseat. After getting on the software, not only was it so informative and easy to use, but the support you get from the customer service is even better. They added elements when I couldn't find things on reports and even worked on different additions for the company. THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

Cons

Because it was new, there were some things that needed tweaking but after all the 6 years I have been working on it, it has really been great!

Alicia U.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2017-09-12

Pros

I started using this software about a year and half ago. It has made my job so much easier and saved so much time. It is very user friendly ( for both the client and myself). What has really impressed me the most with this company is their customer service. The few times, I have had a question, I received a response by someone on their team within an hour. I could not be happier with Gather and their team.

Cons

The only minor improvement I would like to see made is the ability to communicate to multiple people through the gather website. Often times if I am messaging through their site, and the client will copy people on emails and I am unable to see the copied recipients.

Allegra G.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

We use gather to track events, event notes and contracts for both our venues. It has been a great experience and I have recommended father to other vendors.

Pros

Easy to use, all notes are in one place, easy access for clients, tracking events and financials is super easy.

Cons

You can’t view notes on your mobile device, clients get confused when viewing financials.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

My boss liked this product better
Elizabeth N.

Great for Daily Event Management

Reviewed on 2019-05-21

I have been able to release a lot of stress and mental juggling I didn’t realize I was doing when using other platforms. Tripleseat gives me the tools to put all ideas, discussions, details, changes, etc. in one place where I can easily reference when needed and this open up space in my brain for more creativity and tasks at-hand.

Pros

I am able to quickly make changes that are seamlessly communicated to my entire team, and it has helped me keep organized in what is a notoriously detail-heavy field.

Cons

There’s so many customizations that I feel could further streamline my use, but I feel a little lost in how I could best implement. Some more examples of how I can structure (BEO set up, chat function, etc.) would likely be beneficial.

Patricia L.

Overall TripleSeat Review

Reviewed on 2019-05-28

We are an events venue and use triple seat all day, every day. it is so helpful and helps us keep everything straight.

Pros

I like that it has lots of flexibility for different venues / types of use. The user interface is very clean and easy.

Cons

There are some features that when adjusted - adjust the platform for EVERYONE who uses it versus the individual person wanting the adjustment. That bugs me. There's a few other minor things that come up here and there that aren't as flexible as most of the program. I typically reach out to customer service (who are great and super responsive). I hope the company takes feedback like this into consideration.

It would be awesome if you could turn NOTES on dates directly into bookings, versus having to un-check the "prevent booking box", open a new screen - type in all of the details and then delete the note.

Francine P.

• Customer Support Software

Tripleseat is Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018-08-09

Tripleseat is a great product! Anywhere that I go, I am sure to make Tripleseat the software for bookings. They just listen and are always a few steps ahead of everyone else.

Pros

It is SO user friendly. The fact that I don't need to be in front of a computer to send a contract and update a BEO is super convenient. The Tripleseat team is also a dream to work with! Anytime that I need anything, I know that the team is only a quick email or call away.

Cons

Literally no cons! Very easy and modern way to book events.

Tammy G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Gather Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

Pros

I love that it is web-based and the app that can access a calendar from a mobile phone.

Cons

occasionally the program will run slow and freeze-up

Nora B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019-05-24

Overall its better than other platforms I've worked with.

Pros

Payments are easily tracked by event and location.

Cons

Export reports can be better to track payments. For example, I have to pull two different reports to track a settlement (gross payment less tripleseat and stripe fees) to an event & location - the Payments Report and the CC Processing Report. The payment report doesn't show the settlement date it was paid out in or the stripe fees and tripleseat fees.