Paychex Flex

N Armand François
  • Industry: Computer Networking

I'm very satisfied

Reviewed on 9/26/2022

Pros

Overall correct application and easy to use

Cons

Nothing special really. Good application, I recommend it

Paycom and BambooHR
Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great support software

Reviewed on 12/21/2022

Pros

Paychex takes care of auto populating all tax compliance for the state you are in, and takes care of parameters for employee types.

Cons

It feels like the functions could be more simplified.

Gennadiy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Called many times, spend every time 45- 60 minutes, nobody pick up the phone

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Not easy to use, no support at all

Pros

Not easy to apply for benefit, still have question- no support!

Cons

Need correct phone number and someone responds and pick up phone!!!

Laura
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Good Solution for Small business

Reviewed on 11/18/2022

The self serve portal is the feature that I have used the most. Being able to immediately access my payroll stubs, tax documents, and other information is amazing especially compared to the past where I would need to request this information and wait days or weeks for it to be returned to me.

Pros

We switched to PayChex Flex when we were interested in outsourcing payroll. Previously the company CEO would write paychecks twice a month. This allowed us to move to direct deposit, which has freed up many opportunities for the employees including getting paid sooner. We also love that we get our pay stubs delivered for each paycheck and notification when they have shipped.

Cons

There are times that we have submitted payroll approvals, and it turns out that the software had timed out or glitched. We have started keeping an eye out to ensure that we receive the payroll check stubs in the mail prior to the pay date. If we don't get it, then we know there is a problem.

Imam
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

My experience with paychex flex

Reviewed on 12/31/2022

It's been a very good app so far, i love it.

Pros

A more concise app. You guys did a great job! Thanks for doing That, also looks very attractive.

Cons

Nothing actually, i'm pleases With the app.

Adam

• Customer Support Software

Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

Pros

The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

Cons

It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own.

Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

We thought PayChex would be better. Turns out it was definitely not.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

Someone in our company "heard" that Gusto wasn't good. Now I wish we could go back and pick Gusto because from what I've experienced it's 10x better than this.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Ehhh

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Pros

Easy automation from home with app and online.

Cons

Price. Lack of features. Support always called me when I prefer emails.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

It was rated as the best for new small businesses.
Emily
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

PayChex Flex Helps With Employee Management

Reviewed on 1/16/2023

The flexibility that comes with being able to support our employees with real-time, comprehensive pay info is unmatched.

Pros

Our organization welcomes a number of seasonal international staff on J-1 visas. Paychex Flex makes it much easier to consolidate all of their pay-related information into one easy to access place.

Cons

There are few cons to using this software for us as an organization. Occasionally, the acquisition of social security numbers can take a while for those international staff, but Paychex Flex is always very patient with the timing.

Sarah
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A must have for payroll and benefit management

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

I highly recommend this product for your organization.

Pros

This product is easy to navigate for both managers and employees. It helps track PTO in real time and helps manage days off.

Cons

I do not think there is one. I have enjoyed using this product for over 5 years. It has so many functions that is a must have.

Kelly

Payroll Software

Reviewed on 12/21/2022

We used it for about a year. I found that it is easier and cheaper to do my payroll myself. If you have a large team, it would be beneficial. I do recommend shopping around for other companies that provide the same service.

Pros

I liked how Paychex did direct deposits and handled taxes for my company. The customer support was nice as well.

Cons

It was a little hard to update employees' information. It was a process that took time because you had to delete the employee and then re-enter the employee in order to update.

Eric
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Everything we need and more

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Pros

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Cons

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex offered us everything we were looking for in one package at a very affordable price.
Emmanuel
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Good product overall

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Pros

Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Cons

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

This was a decision made by upper management.

Megan
  • Industry: Printing

Good product, easy to use

Reviewed on 12/31/2021

Pros

We've used several different payroll processors and this was the easiest one when it came to entering our employees hour each week. I'm surprised how difficult and convulted other companies make it, but Paychecx stood out for the ease. And that matters when you have 20+ employees to enter each week. You want it to go quick, and Paychex did.

Cons

We weren't crazy about getting paper checks. We had been used to Next Day Air delivery from a past company and Paychex paper checks were a courier and came at inconsistent times. May not seem like a big deal, but employees want their checks early to deposit at lunch and if they arrive late employees get antsy. We had people tell us they would stop working until their check was in hand. Luckily it wasn't a huge issue, as most people chose direct deposit.

Griselda

Highs and Lows

Reviewed on 10/22/2021

I like having direct access to professionals in HR, payroll, training, etc.

Pros

No question, having access to a comprehensive database from a company that's been doing it for decades makes it possible for us to be in compliance with local, state, and federal laws - which is a huge relief.

Cons

The time and attendance portal is dated and has been 'glitchy'; just more complicated to use than the other options.

Aline
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

One-stop shop, but not very customizable

Reviewed on 10/3/2019

Pros

It is very convenient to have access to the phone application, so you can access information and even run payroll from anytime / anywhere.
The add-on Stratustime allows you to track the non-exempt employees' hours and feeds directly into the payroll system.

Cons

Entering one-off payroll data such as expense reimbursement or a medical insurance payback has to be done at the individual level through individual checks.
it is difficult to customize access such as giving access to managers to accrue CTO days only, or giving them access to some HR info (number of vacation days, salary) without giving them access to all of it.
Also, the marketing is a little aggressive, the company offers so many other side services (writing your employee handbook, offering 401k, etc) that they call you too often with too many proposals, often different people for the same products.

jessica

• Customer Support Software

Takes the fuss out of payroll

Reviewed on 11/26/2021

It has been a wonderful resource over the past 10+ years for our small home health care business.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to add more than one admin and give that person full control too. Able to use the app on the go.

Cons

You can't manually set up certain benefits which would be helpful if you know what you want. WE have a PTO benefit that we are still trying to work out the kinks for.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

pricing and it interfaced with NYSIF, state tax insurance program
Erin
  • Industry: Philanthropy

• Customer Support Software

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Reviewed on 10/13/2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Pros

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Cons

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

Candace

• Customer Support Software

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Pros

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Cons

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Joshua

BIG DECISION

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Pros

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Cons

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Sarah
  • Industry: Information Services

A little Wonky to Navigate

Reviewed on 7/27/2019

Pros

It is convenient for small businesses and employees who work from home or don't have one check in location. It has some nice features for checking how many hours have been working if you are actually clocking in and out from the site itself. Once you actually figure things out and have your account set up, it's conveniently all right there in front of you to see what your sick time is, clock in/out, etc.
It keeps all your info from your previous jobs that have used the site PLUS holds your tax info conveniently for you, which is quite handy.

Cons

It's pretty difficult to navigate. A lot of the site doesn't really explain where to go or what to do so you kind of just have to poke around it until you figure things out. I guess it's kind of typical for sites like this. It's also kind of nightmare to get your log in info if you lose it, so just don't. You get locked out after 3 tries and then have to call the help desk and it turns into a pretty complicated ordeal. Conveniently though, the site log in remembers your info though. There is a LOT of maintenance, constantly and when you get messages in your inbox, they never seem to go away, but that's just nit-picky stuff that's not really important.

ANTHONY
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 6/15/2021

overall you get more for your buck with Paychex than other software's like ADP or UltiPro (UKG)

Pros

You get one dedicated representative for all your payroll issues. Also, processing payroll is easier.

Cons

The standard reporting function does not allow you run custom reports. You need to pay for custom reports.

Paula

Review of Paychex Flex

Reviewed on 6/27/2022

We enjoy using Paychex Flex. Though we feel it can be improved with more robust reporting features in the area of job costing, the time keeping system does work very well for our organization.

Pros

Our employees are able to clock in from their job sites, no matter where those job sites are, and all supervisors are able to review time cards easily. If there are any punch in or punch out issues, we are able to correct those from HQ in real time.

Cons

There are some days that the software glitches which is inconvenient, but our HR department is able to correct those issues as long as they are communicated. Also, we wish their reporting was a bit more robust. In order to get around that, we export the data needed and manually create reports each week.

Katherine
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Paychex flex has worked well for group of restaurants

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Paychex flex has helped to make our payroll process smoother & more complete overall.

Pros

We enjoy the ease of use in the app, for both administrators and staff.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes slow to address changes.

Robert
  • Industry: Printing

• Customer Support Software

Great for payroll and attendance

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

My experience has been great overall and I am very happy with the features and options. I would suggest Paychex Flex to anyone looking for time-clock, attendance and payroll software services.

Pros

There are SO many features that are important for both employees and employers. I can find my W-2's, easily find past and present paychecks, desktop and app options, I can calendar my time off, see other employee time off and I can request time-off easily.

Cons

There's nothing that I do not like about this software. I have used it for almost 15 years now, starting from when it was only Paychex to Paychex Flex and it has evolved into an even better version year by year.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Makes Employee's Lives Way Easier

Reviewed on 1/21/2019

Easy to keep track of employees, vacation and benefits - all in one hub for employee information!

Pros

I can easily clock in and out of my Paychex account on any device - super convenient when on the road or working remote. I can also find my W2, tax and benefit information in one place which makes my life easier around tax refund season. I can easily punch in vacation time and forward it to my HR person.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't register the clock in on the first try but selecting it twice will allow me to. The interface allows you to Break In and Clock out even if you never Clocked in which is odd, but HR can easily fix any mistakes.