Leap

4.4/5

Abbey
Abbey

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and maneuver through the software with awesome customer support!

Reviewed on 2018-06-28

Job Progress is an efficient software for our company to track each and every lead, from their first contact to completion of a project and payment! Nothing gets missed or "slips through the cracks". It is user-friendly, and the support is exceptional. When we need adjustments or changes to how it works with our flow, it gets addressed immediately!

Pros

It's easy to track each new lead and to follow up when needed. I love that every email, invoice, etc. are easily linked to the job, and easy to make changes/adjustments. I like the way the jobs "flow" and that we can have changes made to fit our company's needs.

Cons

Sometimes it seems too slow. I have to wait for a page to finish processing before I move to the next thing I need to do. It could be our internet, but it's consistently slow on this software, not everything I'm doing...

Response from Leap

Abby,

TriState Concrete is the BEST! We appreciate you as a business and as great people looking to do the best they can do in the communities they serve. We know that TriState and JobProgress both are in business for the same reasons: to serve their community the best the can and make a positive impact along the way. Thanks for being such a great customer!

Mallory

Univera Construction, LLC

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

So far things have been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is usually pretty good about responding quickly. This program overall has made my life in the office much simpler.

Pros

Being able to quickly generate an estimate to a proposal is very helpful in our office. I like the act that the photos are easily accessible. Our customers RAVE about the customer webpage and how easy it is to sign the documents and it makes my life SO much easier to see who has accepted and who has not. The scheduling is very simple and convenient for myself in the office and for the tech in the field. They can easily see their schedules and know where they need to be. Being able send the invoices and to add the payments to the financials page and they go directly to QBO is probably my favorite feature of this program.

Cons

I wish i was able to search jobs by the invoice number, the way our company is set up it would make things much simpler. We have been asking to get a scope form created that we can generate directly to an invoice like what you have for the roofers who use the program.

Stephen

Written for the roofer

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

They have dressed it up, and it appears robust, until you start digging in, and then all the flaws or lack of ability show themselves.

I also need to be able to integrate with QB, through a portal service, as my bookkeeper is not in my office. I asked about this 6 weeks ago, and all I have heard is crickets on how to do this.

Support for general things is good, but once you scratch more than the inch (see reference above), it grinds to a non-responsive halt.

Pros

It was easy to initially integrate, but the program capability is a mile wide and an inch deep. You don't have to scratch too far to hit bottom in any area. The onboarding training was good in a broad sense, but as I get deeper into it, I am really struggling to get answers. I committed to give it 6 months, but it is likely that I will cancel.

Cons

I am a full service GC, and need to track and manage a large base of subs, and this program is struggling to provide the basics that I need. You can either get financials of a job or financials of a sub-job, but you can not combine the two. I need to know overall, and be able to drill down.

Many of the features with the integration with QB and financials is not intuitive, and not even logical.

Also, unless your sub subscribes to their online portal, the subcontractor is handled like a stepchild. I want to be able to fully manage and communicate with my sub, and not force them to buy something or manage an online access account. My subs are good at their trades, not necessarily the most technically astute. If this was something that was universal, and most subs used, that would be great, but that is not what we are talking about here.

Cindy

JobProgress

Reviewed on 2021-04-08

Really dont experience issues, once in a while it seems there are access issues in the field as well as the office, but usually restart and we are all good again.

Pros

Multi user, realtime, office and field access. Ability to upload and view all documents, photos, material list and work orders anytime.

Cons

The ability to edit format is not avialable, once something is set up you dont have opportuities to edit, availabity to set up pricing and documents without having to pay the fee to have them available in the system.

Craig

Job Progress review

Reviewed on 2021-01-28

Our sales staff is much better organized as a result of using JP

Our sales staff is much better organized as a result of using JP

Pros

Nice homepage layout showing the progression of our construction jobs. It makes it easy to quickly identify what needs to be done to move things along.

Cons

I would like to see an area on the Jobs List where we can see if someone has viewed our proposal. Currently, we have to go into the Forms/Proposal tab to see if its been viewed. This would make it much quicker for our staff to navigate through a large number of proposals on one page.

Tyler

614 Exteriors - User Experience

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Poor, The only reason we are still with Job progress is because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Hopefully, the new contractor success manager can help us get this software up and running.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT], She is the only reason we are still in contract. She handled a very bad situation excellently.
She is the only reason I'm reviewing the software.

Cons

Customer support is difficult to work with, to say the least. I had to request a new contractor success manager because It was so bad. We almost switched to a new CRM due to this.

Customization is much more limited than originally told to us.

The proposal/estimate template creation function is very hard to work with. I've used dozens of systems like this and this is one of the worst to try to manipulate. I had a 25-year-old in our office who is tech-savvy get up and walk out frustrated with this. (He was simply rewriting a contingency form). If you can implement the input function into a google spreadsheet it would be much appreciated, as I can actually create the proposal I want in google.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Leap

Estimating and more features were included in the job progress package for a nominal price difference.

JobNimbus

Price
Paul

• Customer Support Software

JobProgress gets it right!

Reviewed on 2019-09-17

Our salesman was not pushy, or annoying at all. He kept us informed and went far beyond our expectations in answering our questions and suggesting solutions to our challenges.

Pros

Easy to program, great features, super folks to work with. The best part is that this platform seems to outperform all the other platforms we've tried and it's much more reasonable in price.

Cons

There are still a few features that are being built-out -but the development team seems to be working on them. These folks are also very receptive to our needs.

ServiceMonster, Knowify and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing Leap

Housecall Pro was a decent scheduling and dispatch platform but lacked many of the professional features we needed to grow our business

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Leap

Functionality, helpfulness (sales staff), tons of video tutorials, personal service.
Deserey

JobProgress for the Win!

Reviewed on 2019-07-09

Our company is very satisfied with JobProgress overall. It has made our scheduling and in house processes run more efficiently.

Pros

I love all the customization options! We can really make this CRM our own and make it work for what we need as a company. It's so user friendly- I was very surprised that the Roofing Specialists here took to it so fast and are able to maneuver through the software with minimal questions.

Cons

I would like to see more information transferable through QuickBooks. Right now, I have to manually enter any expenses for each job, instead of being able to pull that information from QuickBooks itself. The CRM we used before pulled each expense/credit, and it was easier for my Roofing Specialists to look at how much they have in their jobs. Also, if there was another option in the estimating to where you could hide view of just the markup/margin. If you just hit the "Hide Pricing" button, all the pricing goes away. The customers like to see their prices itemized.

Remy

• Customer Support Software

Far and away and the best CRM for construction companies

Reviewed on 2020-12-11

I have been with JP for years at least 4 now. They are always there to help and train on new features. Feedback is heard and acted upon. Never have I bud such response from an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It is constantly being updated and beneficial features added. Amazing support 24/7

Cons

Some may feel there is too much versatility. This is not truly a con simply the only negative thing I mention.

Andy

Great Product for GCs - Not Sales Friendly

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

Would highly recommend it to any general contractor, but as I mentioned before is not extremely sales friendly.

Pros

Logical progression of jobs from one point to the next. Logical organization of contractor and subcontractor projects for ease of assigning tasks to certain projects. The mobile interface is amazing and I can manage 90% of what I need to on the mobile interface. Amazing job with that!

Cons

Does not lend very well to the ease of follow up lead management for a sales person. Also, not being able to retroactively apply updates to past accounts is a little infuriating to be honest. I often have to put older jobs in the incorrect labeled buckets.

Jon

Overall a Good Software

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

I liked my sales rep very well. He was knowledgeable about the software but gave me a bit of a false narrative about the QuickBooks integration. That said, my rep now is not great. He has a negative attitude when you speak with him. Doesn't understand the construction business model and I have had to push him the entire way. If I was picking on him alone I would not repeat my purchase.

Pros

Overall the software is good. We use it with our roofing division and it does what we need it to do.

Cons

While the mobile app is better than most I do not like that you cannot delete jobs from the app. I would prefer if the app could do anything the online software can do.

JobNimbus

Reasons for Choosing Leap

Better pricing structure with the same or similar capabilities.

App is clunky at best.
Allison

• Customer Support Software

Great software for team work

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

We have been able to communicate as a team better now that we have a system in place to help eachother out. The tracking on proposals is great to know what our clients think of our bids and estimates.

Pros

It is easy to track everyone's progress on projects and if they need help on something it is so easy to go into the project and see right where it is at.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks did not work for us and for how our system is set up, but we are working on linking them again

Kyle

Loving Job Progress!!!

Reviewed on 2021-04-21

Pros

The ease of use on this software is fantastic. It is far easier to navigate than other systems we have tried. Customer service is great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done a great job onboarding us and helping us get the system set up and customized to work best for us.

Cons

We would like to have a safeguard in place so that you can't send an estimate or proposal and show your price calculations by mistake.

Reasons for Choosing Leap

People who are not very tech savvy were having a difficult time navigating the program.

Bill

JP Overall Functionality

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

Great people. Great program. Some tweaks needed, but we are very happy.

Great people. Great program. Some tweaks needed, but we are very happy.

Pros

The ability to move jobs in the different stages with ease and without losing customer information. This has improved our communication from the office to the field.

Cons

Subcontractors cannot move job status within job flow from phones --- patiently waiting the update for the phone.... patiently waiting....

Analysis functions are weak and could be enhanced to analyze sub-contractors and sales, job performance, better functionality for sales performance, etc.

Caleb
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great but a few issues

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

Customer service is great and the team is very willing to work with and train you. I’ve enjoyed the process of integrating our company infrastructure into the platform

Pros

Document management, job note capabilities and templating for materials orders and estimating are great.

Cons

The time tracking feature is basically useless because the only thing you can do is literally clock in and out of a certain job. If you forget to clock in at a specific time the whole day is ruined so you have to continue to have another system for time tracking for payroll - Which is annoying for something that should be a one stop app for everything. Additionally, it makes it impossible to use it for specific job labor hours because it may not be accurate.

Amanda

• Customer Support Software

New to the industry, new to JP

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

I'm very pleased with the software, as never having experience with competitive software in the past. I have a lot of corporate experience and this was a seamless transition for me.

Pros

I'm new to the industry, less than 6 months ago. I was introduced to JP my first day on the job and I have loved using the software. I love that it has the templates available so that you don't have to re-write the same email over and over again when you onboard a new customer. Moving customers through the stages is very helpful from a sales perspective.

Cons

Sometimes, I find the document management a bit clunky, especially on mobile. I find myself having to spend extra time searching for how to access documents for a customer on mobile whereas I don't have to do that on the desktop version. I also want to be able to set an appointment directly from a customer's profile with that customer, but you have to go to the calendar feature first and then add the meeting that way. It would be way more functional to have the ability to schedule directly while in the customer screen.

Tammy

• Customer Support Software

Too many clicks to achieve the goal..

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

It's cumbersome when you have to click, check, click, check, etc. to get to where you want to go. I also don't like the fact that at some points when you're doing a task within the job, it doesn't show you what job your on any longer because the secondary screen (like an email or template) covers the important portion of the screen. It is almost imperative that you have multiple screens open at the same time so you can achieve what you want. I also don't like that you can't reply to a task. You can add on to a task through edit, but the original sender doesn't know that you edited or added any notes or questions to the task unless you let them know to look at the task they just sent to you, which defeats the purpose if I have to call them to tell them to look at the task and new notes, I might as well not have sent the task to begin with. Just a thought.

Pros

I like the simplicity of Job Progress for the most part.

Cons

1st) I think the functionality could be a lot better. I hate that I must refresh my screen to know that I have new tasks, and messages, and emails. If I am working on something else, I might miss something that needs immediate reaction because I have not refreshed my screen.
2nd) I also have a problem with the fact that when we send emails from JP, after you have typed your desired recipient into the "To" line, if you check the attachment or change the email in any way it erases the "To" line and automatically inserts our own email. So if you're not paying attention, you will send the email back to yourself, and NOT the person or company you intend to send to. Why??

Kaitlyn

JP Review

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

Pros

I love the customer web page and that all their info is stored in one place for them. The functionality of the work flow is great.

Cons

An ability to set user permissions to a macro. Supplement section.

SalesRabbit

Reasons for Choosing Leap

Little less expensive, mobile platform.

Terri

JobProgress Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-14

Our company is now organized. There are no more stacks of paperwork, post-it-notes, unpaid invoices, lost proposals or signed contracts. Communication is crystal clear with the calendars showing where each job is, pictures of the site, materials and cost, timeline, etc.

Pros

#1 reason is my training guy. He was extremely knowledgeable, answered every ridiculous question, patience of a saint. He let me text him questions at anytime to get an immediate answer so it wouldn't hold up the job. As for the software, amazing. We are a small, family owned business who did things the dinosaur way: paper and pencil. It took alot to get the owner to convert. The program is user friendly, company adapable, can be used on mobile, IPad, and desktop, and best of all, keeps us all in contact with one another and the client.

Cons

There were a couple of glitches that came up, but you were always able to take care of it promptly. The most difficult for me was switching between desktop in the daytime to mobile in the evening. But practice makes perfect. I've got it now!

Steve
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Lots of positives with some tradeoffs

Reviewed on 2019-07-01

Job Progress has helped move the ball further along for our company. We're finally getting to where we can take payments online for example. There have been headaches during our extended migration due to slow adoptability but as a whole it has given the company much more to work with.

Pros

The best thing about Job Progress for me is that it can be accessed anywhere across multiple device formats. That, and it does bring everything together. Getting to the point of using it to it's full potential has been an issue but at least there is potential.

Cons

While Job Progress has multiple positives it tends to be a bit of a sluggish process as a regular user. If I was a sales rep maybe I wouldn't notice but as someone who heavily uses Job Progress to assign sales leads and connect with customers things can be sluggish and unresponsive at times.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Improved our customer service, Improved our sales volume, Made us more efficient.

Reviewed on 2018-07-02

Streamlines our processes, helps us increase sales with proposal and lead tracking, saves us time and money, lets me check in when I am out of the office, allows me to work from home as easily as in the office.

Pros

Everything is together in one place. With JP and QB Online, I can check on my business from be beach in Costa Rica. We track leads better, we follow up better, we deliver faster, our field guys are better informed because they have pictures of the jobs with the work drawn on to them.

Customers are also impressed. I thought tablets and internet connections in the field would be a problem but it really has not.

Cons

Took a while to get used to because it substituted for our entire process. I wish it were flexible in some areas BUT the more time I spend with it, the happier I am. We ran a parallel test with current systems in Q4 2017 and then implemented on Jan 1 2018

Response from Leap

Capitol Awning is a very well run business and we are humbly thankful for the ability to be a trusted part of the success you are achieving there! Thanks BILL! We will continue to do our Best to meet your expectations and business needs.

Cassandra

NO Customer Support/ Service

Reviewed on 2021-09-16

My overall experience with JobProgress as been very poor. They do not show that they care very much for their users as they are pushing UI updates to make the system look differently but are not actioning any of the issues reported. And if they do fix the issues reported they are not letting the users know that its been fixed. There have been several times I have pointed out changes/ updates in the system that my contact within JobProgress had no idea were out there for the end users.

Pros

At this time, nothing. There is very little that I can trust when using the system.

Cons

The calendar says it has a 2 way sync with Google but its been broken for as long as I have used the system (over a year), the reporting functions within the system are very poor and half the time when you set filters for the reports (the same filters) you get different information, the activity feed does not capture everything that happens on a job/ with a customer and its leave the user questioning how certain things on a file were done/ by whom. There are several other items but these are just a few.

Irene

Best Software We ever purchased

Reviewed on 2020-12-09

We have eliminated the process of our estimators having to return to the customers home to pick up signed contracts. We can access this software from anywhere at anytime. We were all able to keep working from the pandemic from home.

Pros

We like that it is fast, easy, convenient and accurate. We like that our customers can view and approve right from their computer or mobile device and we love how they are always making improvements to better the software. The customer service is phenomenal.

Cons

I do wish the scheduling was displayed in some type of list form, instead of monthly or weekly. But it's still very manageable.

Kathryn

• Customer Support Software

Our goal was to streamline project communications between work groups; happy to find vastly...

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

All around good hub for projects.

All around good hub for projects.

Pros

Set up was a breeze, we were up and running in a few days with the full support of our contact who has been responsive and timely and who also welcomed conversation with our developer about integrating with JobProgress and he hosted a training session for our sales team on basic usage, applying some real-time scenarios.

Not only is the platform intuitive but it is customizable and JobProgress is always offering support along the way. We appreciate the calm and logical method of approach from everyone at JobProgress. I am not sure if this comes from experience or if it is leadership inspired but we like it. They know that the user must be comfortable with the product and that the product makes sense to the users business model for their brand and product to be successful truly a no-pressure situation.

Cons

I least like that a client cannot show up as a lead without job info.
It would be nice if the calendaring synchronization worked two-way.
Being able to move (drag and drop, add or hide) the work center modules would be useful.
At the Production Calendar, t would be great to have the option to display all or search a client/job

Response from Leap

Thanks for the review Kathy and we will contact you about the product suggestions. We appreciate having Expert Restoration Service as a user!

Jay

Ok for the $$

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

Job progress is competitively priced but I would be happy to pay a more if it did what we needed. Customer service is lacking as well. We hear more "it can't right now" than anything else.

Pros

It helps us stay focused and allows us to keep documents, images and notes all in one place.

Cons

True integration with QuickBooks is lacking. Not syncing and recognizing tax per area. Incredibly cumbersome.
The lag time from screen to screen is very slow. Also too many clicks or taps to get to basic information.