JOBPROGRESS

Business productivity tool for home improvement contractors

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Abbey

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and maneuver through the software with awesome customer support!

Reviewed on 6/28/2018

Job Progress is an efficient software for our company to track each and every lead, from their first contact to completion of a project and payment! Nothing gets missed or "slips through the cracks". It is user-friendly, and the support is exceptional. When we need adjustments or changes to how it works with our flow, it gets addressed immediately!

Pros

It's easy to track each new lead and to follow up when needed. I love that every email, invoice, etc. are easily linked to the job, and easy to make changes/adjustments. I like the way the jobs "flow" and that we can have changes made to fit our company's needs.

Cons

Sometimes it seems too slow. I have to wait for a page to finish processing before I move to the next thing I need to do. It could be our internet, but it's consistently slow on this software, not everything I'm doing...

Response from JobProgress

Abby,

TriState Concrete is the BEST! We appreciate you as a business and as great people looking to do the best they can do in the communities they serve. We know that TriState and JobProgress both are in business for the same reasons: to serve their community the best the can and make a positive impact along the way. Thanks for being such a great customer!

Craig

Job Progress review

Reviewed on 1/28/2021

Our sales staff is much better organized as a result of using JP

Pros

Nice homepage layout showing the progression of our construction jobs. It makes it easy to quickly identify what needs to be done to move things along.

Cons

I would like to see an area on the Jobs List where we can see if someone has viewed our proposal. Currently, we have to go into the Forms/Proposal tab to see if its been viewed. This would make it much quicker for our staff to navigate through a large number of proposals on one page.

Tyler

614 Exteriors - User Experience

Reviewed on 7/22/2021

Poor, The only reason we are still with Job progress is because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Hopefully, the new contractor success manager can help us get this software up and running.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT], She is the only reason we are still in contract. She handled a very bad situation excellently.
She is the only reason I'm reviewing the software.

Cons

Customer support is difficult to work with, to say the least. I had to request a new contractor success manager because It was so bad. We almost switched to a new CRM due to this.

Customization is much more limited than originally told to us.

The proposal/estimate template creation function is very hard to work with. I've used dozens of systems like this and this is one of the worst to try to manipulate. I had a 25-year-old in our office who is tech-savvy get up and walk out frustrated with this. (He was simply rewriting a contingency form). If you can implement the input function into a google spreadsheet it would be much appreciated, as I can actually create the proposal I want in google.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing JOBPROGRESS

Estimating and more features were included in the job progress package for a nominal price difference.

Price
Brandon

Great Experience

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Great! This system has helped to streamline a lot of loose ends. We weren’t aware of how loose we had been with certain procedures until JP exploited them. The great thing is JP exploited weaknesses and then offer a solution. Great system!

Pros

User friendly. Integration compatibility is very nice. By allowing us to input our company’s workflow into the system really helped us to bridge the learning gap, a lot of comparable systems force you to fit your workflow into their software structure and that doesn’t make for a good experience. Having the freedom to structure JP to how our systems work is the one of the best attributes. JP’s customer management portals is second to none and certainly helps to separate us from competitors.

Cons

I’m sure cons exist but we haven’t found one yet so I really can’t speak to that.

Tyler

JP Review

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

We are able to streamline our business from lead inception to closing jobs and sending reviews

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, accessible from anywhere. The ability to create a job flow tailored to our company is nice as well

Cons

I wish that switching between our distributors didn't make us change Macros

Reasons for Choosing JOBPROGRESS

It felt clunky and outdated and we didnt have the setup/support we needed.

Reasons for Switching to JOBPROGRESS

Pricing and knowing how customizable it was
Paul

• Customer Support Software

JobProgress gets it right!

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

Our salesman was not pushy, or annoying at all. He kept us informed and went far beyond our expectations in answering our questions and suggesting solutions to our challenges.

Pros

Easy to program, great features, super folks to work with. The best part is that this platform seems to outperform all the other platforms we've tried and it's much more reasonable in price.

Cons

There are still a few features that are being built-out -but the development team seems to be working on them. These folks are also very receptive to our needs.

ServiceMonster, Knowify and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing JOBPROGRESS

Housecall Pro was a decent scheduling and dispatch platform but lacked many of the professional features we needed to grow our business

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to JOBPROGRESS

Functionality, helpfulness (sales staff), tons of video tutorials, personal service.
Jon

Overall a Good Software

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

I liked my sales rep very well. He was knowledgeable about the software but gave me a bit of a false narrative about the QuickBooks integration. That said, my rep now is not great. He has a negative attitude when you speak with him. Doesn't understand the construction business model and I have had to push him the entire way. If I was picking on him alone I would not repeat my purchase.

Pros

Overall the software is good. We use it with our roofing division and it does what we need it to do.

Cons

While the mobile app is better than most I do not like that you cannot delete jobs from the app. I would prefer if the app could do anything the online software can do.

Reasons for Choosing JOBPROGRESS

Better pricing structure with the same or similar capabilities.

App is clunky at best.
Ryan

?

Pros

Customer friendly. Easy to understand.

Cons

I had my whole company sign up for JP and was promised a referral bonus that was never received.
Please advise [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Ryan Shumway with Highland Contractors Rochester N.Y

I recommend JP

Reasons for Switching to JOBPROGRESS

I've used.JP in the past and enjoy the options.
Caleb
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great but a few issues

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Customer service is great and the team is very willing to work with and train you. I’ve enjoyed the process of integrating our company infrastructure into the platform

Pros

Document management, job note capabilities and templating for materials orders and estimating are great.

Cons

The time tracking feature is basically useless because the only thing you can do is literally clock in and out of a certain job. If you forget to clock in at a specific time the whole day is ruined so you have to continue to have another system for time tracking for payroll - Which is annoying for something that should be a one stop app for everything. Additionally, it makes it impossible to use it for specific job labor hours because it may not be accurate.

Karen

Good for our Business

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

Job Progress has been a plus for helping our business keep track of jobs. We have almost always gotten help when we needed it.

Pros

Job Progress has helped keep track of the order of each job and what needs to happen next in the selling process. It has helped us to know where each customer is in the process.

Cons

Email does not integrate with external Gmail accounts. The only way you get notifications is by being on the app or online logged in.

Trevor

Best decision we have made for Roof Experts

Reviewed on 12/15/2020

100% the best decision I have ever made for my team and my company.

Pros

The ability to customize the workflow %100 to your needs. Using Job Progress automates your workflow when you set it up correctly. Every time you have a question or need help it is very easy to contact JobProgress and get ahold of someone who is always great help. I would highly recommend this software to any contractor out there!

Cons

There is really not much to not like! I enjoy every bit of this software.

Laura

Reviewed on 7/1/2019

So far everything has been great overall.

Pros

I like that the software can for the most part be customized to our business and the way we operate. I also like that you take recommendations or comments from users and look into solutions.

Cons

We haven't gotten that far yet. There were a couple of things asked during training that are not in place yet so it's possible they may be for future.

Amanda

• Customer Support Software

New to the industry, new to JP

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

I'm very pleased with the software, as never having experience with competitive software in the past. I have a lot of corporate experience and this was a seamless transition for me.

Pros

I'm new to the industry, less than 6 months ago. I was introduced to JP my first day on the job and I have loved using the software. I love that it has the templates available so that you don't have to re-write the same email over and over again when you onboard a new customer. Moving customers through the stages is very helpful from a sales perspective.

Cons

Sometimes, I find the document management a bit clunky, especially on mobile. I find myself having to spend extra time searching for how to access documents for a customer on mobile whereas I don't have to do that on the desktop version. I also want to be able to set an appointment directly from a customer's profile with that customer, but you have to go to the calendar feature first and then add the meeting that way. It would be way more functional to have the ability to schedule directly while in the customer screen.

Kaitlyn

JP Review

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Pros

I love the customer web page and that all their info is stored in one place for them. The functionality of the work flow is great.

Cons

An ability to set user permissions to a macro. Supplement section.

SalesRabbit

Reasons for Choosing JOBPROGRESS

Little less expensive, mobile platform.

Byron

Great tool

Reviewed on 12/15/2020

Pros

All CRMs are different and take some getting used to. JobProgress is no different. Once I learned the interface/workflow, it became a breeze to use. No CRM is perfect, but JobProgress is a great tool. In a prior life, I used AccuLynx. I would recommend JobProgress over AccuLynx any day of the week.

My favorite features would include the comprehensive estimating (and the ability to add margin to a job) and the process to draft proposals (and have users view/accept them), change orders, etc.

Cons

My complaints are really granular. The average user probably wouldn't even know about the issues. For instance, I have not found the ability to draft my own email templates. Rather, the company setup an email template and I continually have to go in and edit the same verbiage (daily) so that it tells prospects what I want them to hear/understand. Having the ability for individual users to have their own email templates would be quite helpful. When building an estimate and selecting various materials, some of the drown-down variables won't populate after being selected. That doesn't sound like a big deal. However, when you build a material order off said estimate, the supply house needs to know the size/color of some products in order to properly fulfill the order.

Alan

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful Product! Great Support Team!

Reviewed on 12/16/2020

Overall experience has been great! Once we got off and running it was pretty simple to figure out.

Can't say enough how how much we enjoy using your system!

Pros

Completely streamlined our business and increase our project oversight throughout the company. Huge time saver. Software continues to improve overtime.

Cons

Customer management is still difficult for repeat clients. Scheduling crews using the calendars need additional flexibility and tags to allow production managers to follow the process of material ordered, materials delivered, roof complete, roof inspected, etc.

Multi job function financial master sheet should allow the option to manage or modify finances of the overall project.

CRM could be greatly improved by integrating a hail recon or other ap to alert us when a previous client has been in a hail or weather related event. Increases repeat business.

I would recommend access to training videos that shows you how to setup and use different parts of the program. It would greatly decrease the time needed to get off the ground and increase the ease in which companies to maximize the potential of your project.

Valerie

JP for Warehouse Managers

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Overall, I like using JobProgress. It is easy to use and with a little exploration I can figure out most things I need in order to do my job. I have actually thought about recommending it to some of my other friends in the construction business that do NOT use software to manage their bidding/scheduling process.

Pros

I started my position at the start of this year with NO experience using anything like JobProgress. With minimal training (I learn better by clicking and finding things) I was able to use the program for what I needed. I use it on a daily basis for prepping orders for my crews. It is very easy to use the Work Order feature to get the materials ready for the next day's jobs. I like that I can leave notes in the job for others and create tasks for myself and others. The new feature of adding information to the photos is nice.

Cons

In order for changes to be seen, the screen has to be refreshed. When I come in to my desk to look at the calendar, it would be nice to know that it is current. Maybe adding an auto refresh feature so that when changes are made, the entire system is updated would be helpful. Another feature that would be helpful would be built-in inventory management that would synchronize the work orders with the inventory.

Carol

Overall Impression of Job Progress

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

I believe this was covered in the above comments

Pros

This CRM Program was an excellent choice for customizing the interaction with QuickBooks. Invoices synced to QuickBooks directly from sales management and proposals kept everything up to date at all times. The ability for sales staff to review P&L information on their jobs, limited the exposure to our Quickbooks accounting information.

Cons

During the day Job Progress becomes slow to react to input and refreshing often sometimes helps. During the first 90 days, oversight had to be managed to make sure the synch between Job Progress and QuickBooks was active. Once both programs learned the terminology used and the terminology that had to be changed, we have had no problems.

Joe

• Customer Support Software

Should help our company's organization and make us more efficient.

Reviewed on 6/28/2018

Pros

Digital documents/signatures. Customer webpage. Ability to keep my sales reps and our customers more organized and keep better track of them. Production and scheduling. App based for working on the field. Overall it's a solid program.

Cons

There are a few things that need to be added or corrected but I know they are working on them. A couple off the top of my head would be:
Ability to customize your work center page. To remove the product adds and classifieds at the bottom and replace with something relevant to our company such as "Company Announcements" or a "Note pad" for example. It's not a free program, we pay a good amount for it so I feel we should be able to remove these and replace them with something that works better for us.

Issues with the Multi-project option. You need to be able to invoice and work directly off of the parent job invoice and financials rather than having to invoice each individual trade. Because of this we need to use the single project when Multi-project would be better suited.
Ability to change a single trade to a multi-project at any time. A project may start as a single trade and need to be changed to a multi-project.

Response from JobProgress

Joe,

Excellent input ... Appreciated! We hear you!

1. Some improvement to WorkCenter customization
2. More relevant Company centric activity
3. on Multi-Project (ability to invoice off the Parent)
4. More flexibility between Multi-Project and single trade jobs

Got it ... we have already begun efforts on some of those points and will discuss the rest

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Improved our customer service, Improved our sales volume, Made us more efficient.

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

Streamlines our processes, helps us increase sales with proposal and lead tracking, saves us time and money, lets me check in when I am out of the office, allows me to work from home as easily as in the office.

Pros

Everything is together in one place. With JP and QB Online, I can check on my business from be beach in Costa Rica. We track leads better, we follow up better, we deliver faster, our field guys are better informed because they have pictures of the jobs with the work drawn on to them.

Customers are also impressed. I thought tablets and internet connections in the field would be a problem but it really has not.

Cons

Took a while to get used to because it substituted for our entire process. I wish it were flexible in some areas BUT the more time I spend with it, the happier I am. We ran a parallel test with current systems in Q4 2017 and then implemented on Jan 1 2018

Response from JobProgress

Capitol Awning is a very well run business and we are humbly thankful for the ability to be a trusted part of the success you are achieving there! Thanks BILL! We will continue to do our Best to meet your expectations and business needs.

Jon

Reviewed on 6/24/2019

Pros

The breadth of functionality was what drew us initially. Particularly the webpage to provide to customers with updates however we have not used that to its fullest extent.

Cons

The program is slow to operate at times and while it does what we want out of the system, it is a little cumbersome to get everything entered in a timely fashion

Irene

Best Software We ever purchased

Reviewed on 12/9/2020

We have eliminated the process of our estimators having to return to the customers home to pick up signed contracts. We can access this software from anywhere at anytime. We were all able to keep working from the pandemic from home.

Pros

We like that it is fast, easy, convenient and accurate. We like that our customers can view and approve right from their computer or mobile device and we love how they are always making improvements to better the software. The customer service is phenomenal.

Cons

I do wish the scheduling was displayed in some type of list form, instead of monthly or weekly. But it's still very manageable.

Kathryn

• Customer Support Software

Our goal was to streamline project communications between work groups; happy to find vastly...

Reviewed on 5/23/2017

All around good hub for projects.

Pros

Set up was a breeze, we were up and running in a few days with the full support of our contact who has been responsive and timely and who also welcomed conversation with our developer about integrating with JobProgress and he hosted a training session for our sales team on basic usage, applying some real-time scenarios.

Not only is the platform intuitive but it is customizable and JobProgress is always offering support along the way. We appreciate the calm and logical method of approach from everyone at JobProgress. I am not sure if this comes from experience or if it is leadership inspired but we like it. They know that the user must be comfortable with the product and that the product makes sense to the users business model for their brand and product to be successful truly a no-pressure situation.

Cons

I least like that a client cannot show up as a lead without job info.
It would be nice if the calendaring synchronization worked two-way.
Being able to move (drag and drop, add or hide) the work center modules would be useful.
At the Production Calendar, t would be great to have the option to display all or search a client/job

Response from JOBPROGRESS

Thanks for the review Kathy and we will contact you about the product suggestions. We appreciate having Expert Restoration Service as a user!

Ty

Awesome Product with Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 12/14/2020

Pros

I tried multiple competitors' software, and none offered the ability to create a custom template for job photos. Additionally, all integrated with Quick Books Online, but not QB Desktop. JP does both.

Cons

The form template builder is a little clunky and not very user friendly. No way to link or capture video. Delay in fixing Google integration. Only QB Online CC payments. Delay fixing GreenSky integration.

JobNimbus, Scoop Solar and ServiceTitan
Scott

Love JobProgress

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

Pros

I love that it is linked to Quickbooks and sends notices when customers view and accept contracts. Customer service is great. The support team has helped me alot during the initial set up. I love that it is easy to email an estimate or contract to a customer, though the actual typing in the email can be annoying.

Cons

Sometimes I think there is too much. I haven't figured out all the bells and whistles to the software. I wish there was a spell check or more user friendly version for emailing(everything gets doubled spaced). Macros are great, but making changes to it has been difficult. The electronic signing of contracts is difficult for my older customers, but that is more of a technology thing. And I wish the app was a little more user friendly, but that really pretains to attempting to write out a contract or estimate. I would still recommend this software to any contractor.